The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The missing blanket - Page 3 Mm11

The missing blanket - Page 3 Regist10

The missing blanket

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by Advocatus on 13.01.12 22:49

@YNG wrote:I wonder how much truth there is in this article and if it is true whether this ' exclusive interview with David Smith was recorded '

' According to reports and confirmed in an article by David Smith, in ‘The Times’ in late December 2007, the McCanns did not bother to talk to Jane Tanner for two whole days about what she claimed to have seen at 9.15pm that night ~ namely a person walking off with a child looking like Madeleine. This is despite the McCanns’ absolute insistence that an abduction had taken place. According to David Smith’s article, which included an exclusive and extended interview with Gerry McCann, he and Jane Tanner did not speak to each other because they were ‘too busy’.

Various reports I've read give wholly different times for when JT allegedly told her friends what she saw... I think one report was a couple of days before JT 'realised' what she'd seen, then the time was massaged forwards to suit the need, possibly, of certain alibis..

____________________
"One good thing to come out of all this is that there is so much in the press, nobody knows what is true, and what isn't." - Gerry McCann: Police CATS (Case Administration and Tracking System) Number 19309 - NB: The 19309 number is still on the Police database, but all data within the file appears to have been ERASED...
avatar
Advocatus

Posts : 340
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by Advocatus on 13.01.12 22:55

@jd wrote:And the Tapas bar had a plastic covering around it to keep it warmer

Correct, which makes GM and KM's claims that they could see the sliding doors over 50m away, in the dark, a complete impossibility - unless they have X-Ray vision!

____________________
"One good thing to come out of all this is that there is so much in the press, nobody knows what is true, and what isn't." - Gerry McCann: Police CATS (Case Administration and Tracking System) Number 19309 - NB: The 19309 number is still on the Police database, but all data within the file appears to have been ERASED...
avatar
Advocatus

Posts : 340
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by Advocatus on 13.01.12 22:57

aquila wrote:do you sweat if you have been drugged?

I expect some drugs may cause sweating, it has certainly happened to me with some medications!

____________________
"One good thing to come out of all this is that there is so much in the press, nobody knows what is true, and what isn't." - Gerry McCann: Police CATS (Case Administration and Tracking System) Number 19309 - NB: The 19309 number is still on the Police database, but all data within the file appears to have been ERASED...
avatar
Advocatus

Posts : 340
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by Advocatus on 13.01.12 23:08

@PeterMac wrote:
@tigger wrote:SNIP, lots
It would be interesting to see her early statements on bundle man and whether she said the blanket was pink. Pyjamas pink certainly - but that was later.
The pyjama TOP was pink, the BOTTOMS were white. we know this because the McCanns showed the very pyjamas, or perhaps another identical pair, across the TV channels of the world. And the photo is also clear.
"At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing pyjamas with white bottoms with a floral pattern. The short-sleeved top, mainly pink with a blue-grey pattern bearing the inscription, "EEYORE," an inscription which is also on one of the trouser legs. The pyjamas are "Marks and Spencer" brand.
- Kate McCann in a statement to the Policia Judiciaria 4/5/07"

The missing blanket - Page 3 Maddie%27sPyjamas

"Anonymous said...
And Kate said, as she was holding up the pijamas :"These are ACTUALLY the pijamas that Madeleine WAS WEARING when she disappeared" !?!
Watch it in the Mockumentary, in Joana Morais, it's just after the footage of Beckam's appeal."

"That was terrible for them," says John McCann, Mr McCann's elder brother, who has also travelled to Portugal to help search for his niece.
"Kate dressed Amelie in her sister's pyjamas and the baby said: 'Maddy's jammies. Where is Maddy?' But she is too young to understand. And how do you explain? All we know is that Madeleine needs her family. She loves us, we love her. It is time for her to come home."
Amelie gave the game away that she was given Maddy's pyjamas to wear... ergo Maddy wasn't in them when she was "abducted".

Totally baffling ! - but only if you try to make sense of it, and only if you try to believe that people are telling the truth.


Totally baffling ! - but only if you try to make sense of it, and only if you try to believe that people are telling the truth.


I could not agree more!!! Hence my signature below. It seems to me to be GM's modus operandi now, keep 'em guessing, keep 'em confused! "They've got nothing on us" I seem to recall was one particular unsavoury boast!

Thing is, you can play these deeply sinister games all you like NOW, but in the dock, under oath, at the Old Bailey, there are different rules, rules which will wipe the smirk off a certain loathsome face or three...

____________________
"One good thing to come out of all this is that there is so much in the press, nobody knows what is true, and what isn't." - Gerry McCann: Police CATS (Case Administration and Tracking System) Number 19309 - NB: The 19309 number is still on the Police database, but all data within the file appears to have been ERASED...
avatar
Advocatus

Posts : 340
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by tigger on 14.01.12 8:41

Going back to the 3rd: earliest reports came through the family - I believe there are no statements from Kate or Gerry to say that cuddle cat was on a high shelf and the blanket left on the bed, this told her she was abducted because Maddie would never go anywhere without these two items.

But evidently,between the time the photographs were taken by the PJ and when? both the tennis bag and the blanket disappeared.

Now, the GNR came with the dogs the following day and if both items had been in close proximity to a cadaver, the likelihood is that they disappeared soon after the police left, it's also likely the police told them they'd be back with the dogs.

When the GNR asked for items with Maddie's scent on it, early the following day, they were given a towel. This was tracked by the dogs to the supermarket and back. The likelihood was that it was Gerry's towel, as he'd been to the shop the previous day (some more New Zealand wine?).

Surely the blanket would have had the scent on it?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
tigger
tigger

Posts : 8114
Join date : 2011-07-20

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by Guest on 14.01.12 9:55

@Advocatus wrote:Kate says that the blanket was taken by the abductors, but the PJ took a photograph of it. Then it disappeared.

For clarification, Kate has never said that the abductors took Madeleine's blanket. It's not documented anywhere. It was Oprah who first mentions it on her show, but Kate does not acknowledge the blanket now being with Madeleine. She just ignores Oprah's question altogether.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by Guest on 14.01.12 10:14

@tigger wrote:Now, the GNR came with the dogs the following day and if both items had been in close proximity to a cadaver, the likelihood is that they disappeared soon after the police left, it's also likely the police told them they'd be back with the dogs.
The Portuguese dogs were not cadaver dogs and at that time, the McCann's could not have knowledge of such a dog. If they did, Kate's trousers, blouse, Cuddlecat, basically everything would have gone.

I am more inclined to think that after the boot of the car was inspected in early August 2007 and they had just found out about who Eddie and Keela are and what they do for a living big grin , they realised the signifcance of anything the PJ would then ask them for. By that time they had the best legal councel money could buy and would have been advised not to hand over anything without the right documentation. The Pj only searched their place the once and I think this must have been days before the fibres were found and analysed in the boot. They never got a second opportunity to go back in and look for a blanket. winkwink
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by Advocatus on 14.01.12 13:56

Stella wrote:
@tigger wrote:Now, the GNR came with the dogs the following day and if both items had been in close proximity to a cadaver, the likelihood is that they disappeared soon after the police left, it's also likely the police told them they'd be back with the dogs.
The Portuguese dogs were not cadaver dogs and at that time, the McCann's could not have knowledge of such a dog. If they did, Kate's trousers, blouse, Cuddlecat, basically everything would have gone.

I am more inclined to think that after the boot of the car was inspected in early August 2007 and they had just found out about who Eddie and Keela are and what they do for a living The missing blanket - Page 3 110921 , they realised the signifcance of anything the PJ would then ask them for. By that time they had the best legal councel money could buy and would have been advised not to hand over anything without the right documentation. The Pj only searched their place the once
=================================================================
IIRC the PJ infortunately have the McCanns a courtesy call at some early point saying they would be along latter to do forensics - cue Persil and the constant drone of a washing machine almost worn out from recent activity.
=================================================================


and I think this must have been days before the fibres were found and analysed in the boot. They never got a second opportunity to go back in and look for a blanket. The missing blanket - Page 3 302873
=================================================================
The PJ were far too polite all along, all because of B Brown putting his size 14s in at every opportunity.
=================================================================
The Portuguese dogs were not cadaver dogs and at that time, the McCann's could not have knowledge of such a dog. If they did, Kate's trousers, blouse, Cuddlecat, basically everything would have gone.
=================================================================
Presisely!!!!!!! One can only imagine the panic, hand wringining, gnashing and wailing, that set in when they heard of Keela and Eddie on the way! I bet the E, V, R and D keys were worn out on all PCs at chez TM within the day! IIRC CRuck went into attack mode (aka grasping at staws) writing off our EVRD dog's marking skills in a USA missing body case - in fact the dog was spot on, as the murderer later confessed, and a body was found. This tidbit will no doubt come up at the Bailey in due course!
=================================================================

I am more inclined to think that after the boot of the car was inspected in early August 2007 and they had just found out about who Eddie and Keela are and what they do for a living , they realised the signifcance of anything the PJ would then ask them for. By that time they had the best legal councel money could buy and would have been advised not to hand over anything without the right documentation. The Pj only searched their place the once and I think this must have been days before the fibres were found and analysed in the boot. They never got a second opportunity to go back in and look for a blanket.
==================================================================
Interesting about towels being given as scent providers...

____________________
"One good thing to come out of all this is that there is so much in the press, nobody knows what is true, and what isn't." - Gerry McCann: Police CATS (Case Administration and Tracking System) Number 19309 - NB: The 19309 number is still on the Police database, but all data within the file appears to have been ERASED...
avatar
Advocatus

Posts : 340
Join date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by tigger on 14.01.12 14:09

Stella, I totally take your point about the dogs not being cadaver dogs. However, still dogs. For all we know, cuddle cat may and the clothes may already have been washed once, I understand that that doesn't get rid of the odour even in several washes.
Still, it's likely you are right.
But when exactly was the absence of the tennis bag and the blanket noticed? I'm diving into the files - I think the bag was missed quite early. Wow! and now I have another one for the forensic linguistics. Watch that space.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
tigger
tigger

Posts : 8114
Join date : 2011-07-20

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by Guest on 14.01.12 14:36

Portuguese Forensic Institute Tests:

d) Samples collected in the metallic grey Renault Scenic vehicle, number plate 59-Da-27, on August 6th, 2007, following the second examination carried out by a British specialist dog team (Delivery note no. 286C/2007-CR/L):

Maddie's blanket missing from the Ocean Club
Semanário Privado (appears in paper editon only)

01 July 2009

Gonçalo Amaral, the former inspector who coordinated the investigations on the case, in declarations to "SP" recalls having seen the blanket in the Ocean Club apartment, on the evening of the 3rd of May, close to cuddle cat (the plush toy), that the child usually carried with her. The former inspector thought that it was odd that that blanket went missing in the immediate days that followed, when searches where made to locate the child. And he highlights, that incidentally, textile fibres (in connection with the cadaver odour scented by the British dogs) were detected in the Renault Scenic that the McCann couple rented in the Algarve and which was used in a long and mysterious trip that they made to Spain.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by monkey mind on 28.04.12 10:57

candyfloss wrote:Most of the articles that mention a blanket are around ~September 2007, so where did this info come from, when clearly in her statement to PJ on 4th May 2007 she says no blanket - and why say without a blanket, why not just a description of what you saw. You wouldn't add what you didn't see.

Jane Tanner's statement to PJ 4th May
The suspicious man.

However, she spotted a man who was going along at a fair speed with a child in his arms with the child in pyjamas without a blanket, which attracted her attention. The interviewee only saw the man from the side with the child in his arms. She noticed this person exactly at the moment when she walked past Gerald and Jez. That person was coming out of the path at the end of the apartment block (1) where they are staying. The man quickly crossed the intersection. The entrance to the building where the apartments are is the exact place where she saw the man. After checking on her children, the interviewee went back to the "tapas." On her way back, Gerald McCann was no longer in the road where she had seen him talking. On her arrival at the restaurant (3) Gerald McCann was with his wife Kate Healy.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post412.html#p412







This really is a very interesting thread. But to answer your very perceptive question Candyfloss, why add what you didn't see?

Well we know for a fact that it would not have been unusual to see an adult carrying a child wrapped in a blanket at that time of night, parents would be carrying their children home from the communal evening babysitting facility and I believe blankets were provided for that purpose, particularly on cold nights as that one apparently was.

So, if some smart arse comes along and points this fact out, the clear declaration that there was no blanket separates this sighting from a homeward bound parent.

Can't have been a parent, didn't have a blanket ergo must have been the abductor. Right...???



monkey mind
monkey mind

Posts : 616
Join date : 2011-12-19

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by monkey mind on 28.04.12 12:19

So from the limited facts we have we can say or infer the following.....

On 3 May 2007 Maddie is gone.

On 4 May 2007 JT makes a statement to PJ stating she saw a man carrying a child away and he DID NOt have a blanket, this simple statement of something that wasn’t there distinguishing our potential abductor from a homeward bound parent.

At the same time 5A is photographed by the PJ and Maddies pink blanket is photographed in situ as is a large holdall. So our potential abductor definitely did not take them.

At the end of May the McCanns hire the Renault Scenic.

In August Eddie and Keela do their stuff and alert to the scent of human cadaver in the boot of the Renault Scenic amongst other places.

Sometime between the 4th May and when they hotfooted it back to England, at the beginning of Sept, the PJ ask them to produce the blanket which was in existence after M’s disappearance and which it appears for some reason they were unable to produce. We don't know exactly when this was but it would seem logical that it would have been around the same time they asked about the holdall and this would most likely have been after the searches by Eddie and Keela.

I think it is highly unlikely that upon raising this issue they would have told them they had the blanket in photographs, they would have held this back, probably just said they remembered it being there. So at this point Team McC are likely unaware the blanket is photographed. They probably don’t become aware of this until much later when the files are released.

At the begining of september 2007, the McCannsreturn to England and shortly after that articles appear in newspapers suddenly describing JTs bundleman who magically is now carrying a child wrapped in a blanket.

In 2009 Amaral says that he will attempt to get the case reopened on the strength of this missing blanket and drops a strong hint that similar fibres were found in the back of the Renault Scenic where the cadaver dog did what it was highly trained to do and alerted to the scent of the presence of human death.

Hmm.....
monkey mind
monkey mind

Posts : 616
Join date : 2011-12-19

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by monkey mind on 28.04.12 12:25

Does anyone know if JT's story changed when she was interviewed by Leicester constabulary? Does she mention bundleman with a blanket in that one? Was it first floated in the press and then adopted by her?
monkey mind
monkey mind

Posts : 616
Join date : 2011-12-19

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by Guest on 28.04.12 12:31

Interesting also that Bridget O'Donell says JeZ Wilkins carried their child wrapped in a blanket the night before.........

My phone rang as our food arrived; our baby had woken up. I walked the round trip to collect him from the kiddie club, then back to the restaurant. He kept crying and eventually we left our meal unfinished and walked back again to the club to fetch our sleeping daughter. Jes carried her home in a blanket. The next night we stayed in. It was Thursday, May 3.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/dec/14/ukcrime.madeleinemccann
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by justme3 on 28.04.12 12:50

Does anyone remember this:



FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL

".......Saturday November 16th Maddie DNA clue in airport bag Traces found on fleece and stained jeans By Dominic Herbert, 03/11/2007 A BAG of clothes containing DNA linked to Madeleine McCann has been found dumped by a road in Portugal. The white carrier bag was discovered in a layby two weeks ago near Faro airport, the News of the World can reveal. Maddie's parents Kate and Gerry McCann have learned the bag contained a blue fleece jacket and a pair of adult jeans with traces of DNA that contained "moderate" links to the missing four-year-old. There was also a SHOWER CURTAIN inside...........

....."Miss Tanner has given a key account of seeing a man carrying a child away from the McCanns' apartment. Both her and Dr O'Brian deny that they have contacted police to change their statements........ Once again JANE TANNER and WHY it is so important to her that you know she did not have JEANS with her when MADELEINE disappeared. She is not asked what clothing she wore on that night, but volunteers the information. And goes on to explain she was wearing one of RUSSELS fleeces. QUOTE I remember I was wearing, because it was cold, I’d got Russell’s big, I’d borrowed one of his, erm, fleeces, so I’d got a big sort of fleece, it probably came down to about here, but then I’d got flip-flops on and cropped trousers, because I’d only got, I didn’t take jeans, I know I didn’t take jeans on holiday, and then. The fabricated article of the bag found along the road to FARO airport and its list of contents are of no importance...just the two items are relevant above the reporter Dominic Herberts name. MADDIE DNA: TRACES FOUND ON FLEECE AND STAINED JEANS...........
avatar
justme3

Posts : 154
Join date : 2012-02-09

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by monkey mind on 28.04.12 13:18

Staying with the blanket....

Clearly GA does not think M is alive. I think it is prety obvious from what GA has said that he strongly suspects that if he finds M he will find the blanket or vice versa. Now we know that initially bundleman DID NOT have a blanket JT was very clear on this for some reason. The press, in Sept seem to have gotten hold of the new idea that bundleman did have a blanket the timing of which raises questions.

Now if sometime later, when interviewed in this country, JT's story has changed and she describes bundleman with a blanket, she is putting M and the blanket together so confirming GA's suspiscions. A confirmation right? Remember, at this point there is a very good chance they were NOT aware the blanket had been photographed and hence what the PJ thought they saw would have been much easier to explain away than hard evidential fact.
monkey mind
monkey mind

Posts : 616
Join date : 2011-12-19

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by tigger on 28.04.12 13:21

From the rogatory interview McCannfiles.com
Jane Tanner:
And the thing that really struck me was the, erm, the bare feet. And the thought that came into my head was, I’ll say when we’re in Leicester, our children were quite adaptable, and what we used to do is, we used to walk round to Dave and Fi’s house for, erm, the kids, for tea with the kids, the kids would play, we’d put them in a travel cot there and we’d sometimes stay a bit later and then carry the kids home, because it’s only, it’s like the next road. And we’d wrap them in a blanket or whatever, but you could always, their feet would fall, their feet would fall out the bottom and you’d think ‘Oh they’re going to get cold feet’ because they’d always wriggle. So one thing I thought was ‘Oh a bit of a bad parent like us, you know, that kid’s obviously being taken home’ or whatever. And I think that’s all, you know, that’s sort of, erm, I think that’s where the sort of I thought ‘Oh’, and that was the only reason I really clocked it I think. Because at that point I thought it’s a person taking their child either back from the crèche or, you know, just some father carrying their own child, so it didn’t really, you know, and that didn’t. I’m making it sound like it really registered at the time, but it didn’t, that is literally, I thought ‘Oh’”.
Unquote

By now it's april 2008, the Rothley meeting in November must have clarified a few things and possibly by now the blanket question has been addressed. The blanket is now not only related to how parents took their children from the creche at night, we are now going way back into the past in the UK giving a second reason as to why the lack of a blanket bothered her so much.

When I was a toddler, I had a tricycle and my mother told me not to go round the corner, if I did the birds would tell her if I did. Of course I did go round the corner. When I came back I asked her if the birds had told her anything..

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
tigger
tigger

Posts : 8114
Join date : 2011-07-20

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by Spaniel on 28.04.12 13:21

@justme3 wrote:Does anyone remember this:



FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL

".......Saturday November 16th Maddie DNA clue in airport bag Traces found on fleece and stained jeans By Dominic Herbert, 03/11/2007 A BAG of clothes containing DNA linked to Madeleine McCann has been found dumped by a road in Portugal. The white carrier bag was discovered in a layby two weeks ago near Faro airport, the News of the World can reveal. Maddie's parents Kate and Gerry McCann have learned the bag contained a blue fleece jacket and a pair of adult jeans with traces of DNA that contained "moderate" links to the missing four-year-old. There was also a SHOWER CURTAIN inside...........

....."Miss Tanner has given a key account of seeing a man carrying a child away from the McCanns' apartment. Both her and Dr O'Brian deny that they have contacted police to change their statements........ Once again JANE TANNER and WHY it is so important to her that you know she did not have JEANS with her when MADELEINE disappeared. She is not asked what clothing she wore on that night, but volunteers the information. And goes on to explain she was wearing one of RUSSELS fleeces. QUOTE I remember I was wearing, because it was cold, I’d got Russell’s big, I’d borrowed one of his, erm, fleeces, so I’d got a big sort of fleece, it probably came down to about here, but then I’d got flip-flops on and cropped trousers, because I’d only got, I didn’t take jeans, I know I didn’t take jeans on holiday, and then. The fabricated article of the bag found along the road to FARO airport and its list of contents are of no importance...just the two items are relevant above the reporter Dominic Herberts name. MADDIE DNA: TRACES FOUND ON FLEECE AND STAINED JEANS...........
In the 2007 Panorama JT said she was wearing a big jumper. She also said that she thought bundleman was a bad parent as the child's feet were uncovered, as she went to check on the child left alone. Oh, the irony!



JANE: Well I could see.. I could tell it was a child, and I could see the feet and... feet and the bottom of the pyjamas, and I just thought that child's not got any shoes on because you could see the feet, and it was quite a cold night in Portugal in May it's not actually that warm, and I'd got a big jumper on, and I can remember thinking oh that parent is not a particularly good parent, they've not wrapped them up

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

____________________

Spaniel
Spaniel

Posts : 742
Join date : 2012-01-24

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by monkey mind on 28.04.12 13:32

@tigger wrote:From the rogatory interview McCannfiles.com
Jane Tanner:
And the thing that really struck me was the, erm, the bare feet. And the thought that came into my head was, I’ll say when we’re in Leicester, our children were quite adaptable, and what we used to do is, we used to walk round to Dave and Fi’s house for, erm, the kids, for tea with the kids, the kids would play, we’d put them in a travel cot there and we’d sometimes stay a bit later and then carry the kids home, because it’s only, it’s like the next road. And we’d wrap them in a blanket or whatever, but you could always, their feet would fall, their feet would fall out the bottom and you’d think ‘Oh they’re going to get cold feet’ because they’d always wriggle. So one thing I thought was ‘Oh a bit of a bad parent like us, you know, that kid’s obviously being taken home’ or whatever. And I think that’s all, you know, that’s sort of, erm, I think that’s where the sort of I thought ‘Oh’, and that was the only reason I really clocked it I think. Because at that point I thought it’s a person taking their child either back from the crèche or, you know, just some father carrying their own child, so it didn’t really, you know, and that didn’t. I’m making it sound like it really registered at the time, but it didn’t, that is literally, I thought ‘Oh’”.
Unquote

By now it's april 2008, the Rothley meeting in November must have clarified a few things and possibly by now the blanket question has been addressed. The blanket is now not only related to how parents took their children from the creche at night, we are now going way back into the past in the UK giving a second reason as to why the lack of a blanket bothered her so much.

When I was a toddler, I had a tricycle and my mother told me not to go round the corner, if I did the birds would tell her if I did. Of course I did go round the corner. When I came back I asked her if the birds had told her anything..

Thanks for that Tigger...

She doesn't actually say she was in a blanket but she links the sight of bare feet to feet falling out the bottom of a blanket. I think GA's suspicions are spot on.

Of course if M an dthe blanket were ever found together there would be some banal explanation - "oh you meant that blanket" - but would anyone believe it?
monkey mind
monkey mind

Posts : 616
Join date : 2011-12-19

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Theblanket

Post by aniandr on 21.08.12 21:11

What actually happened to it? Ever found?

Was just Reading This
If a child’s body is found, there’s a very good chance we’ll figure out who did it. Parents aren’t usually as detached about disposing of their children’s bodies as strangers are – they may wrap the body in plastic and bury it someplace significant to them. If they feel remorse over the murder, they may try to lead investigators in the right direction so the body wil be found and buried in a proper ceremony.
Journey Into Darkness, John Douglas, page 148

"The child was found buried in the woods in his snowsuit, wrapped in a blanket, then completely covered with a thick plastic bag. A kidnapper or child molester would not have taken this much care to make him warm and "comfortable," or to try to shelter the body from the elements. While many murder scenes show obvious and prolonged rage, and dump sites often show contempt and hostility, the hallmarks of this burial were love and guilt."
Mindhunter, John Douglas, page 287

Eventually the mother confirmed the profilers’ estimate of what had happened, and admitted to having killed her own child and trying to cover up the crime with a mock kidnapping. She took the police to the site where the body had been left. Here there was no evidence of staging at all, with the little girl buried deep in secluded woodland, wrapped in thick warm garments and a blanket, and covered with a bag to deter predators. Had the body been found for any other reason, the care taken over the disposal of the child’s remains would have tended to focus attention on the mother, for the combination of love and guilt shown so clearly, rather than the indifference to be expected from real kidnappers.
Profiling, the psychology of catching killers, David Owen, page 89

So - i wondering where the blanket is. Some place significant to gm and km is imo the Church. And im sure she is wrapped in her Pink blanket and burried imo
avatar
aniandr

Posts : 162
Join date : 2012-06-02

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by russiandoll on 21.08.12 22:08

and she is probably holding what was really her favourite cuddly toy, because imo it was not the pink cat.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty I

Post by aniandr on 22.08.12 21:32

Just dont get it. What are the parents explanation? Its just gone? They lost it? Cant find any of that. The blanket would be hard evidence. And it just sort of dissapeared?
avatar
aniandr

Posts : 162
Join date : 2012-06-02

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by tigger on 25.05.13 7:59

Bumping this up because in another thread here there's a question on the pink blanket.

I've seen an interview with Gonçalo Amaral where he states that the pink blanket is central to the case. Iirc he said something that if and when the blanket is found the case will be solved.

It was in the first photographs taken in 5a. As was the tennis bag.
It was gone in the second set of photographs taken in 5a - I believe only hours later. As was the tennis bag.
The tennis bag was either stolen, had never been there at all or in fact had never existed, according to various explanations from TM.

We hear little about the blanket per se. A pink blanket was given to the first dog handlers, who arrived around 2.00 am on the 4th.
The next set of handlers were not given Maddie's clothes or a blanket but a towel said to have been used by her.

Together with cuddlecat, the pink 'Princess' blanket was absolute proof of abduction. Both vital proof as far as TM is concerned.

It's always been my belief that JT described something she had seen or done (in view of the 'I carried' in the one interview recently discussed).
The way the abductor was said to have carried the child is the way one would carry a dead body, not a live one and it would be likely that a dead body would be wrapped.


____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
tigger
tigger

Posts : 8114
Join date : 2011-07-20

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by sami on 25.05.13 8:33

@tigger wrote:Bumping this up because in another thread here there's a question on the pink blanket.

I've seen an interview with Gonçalo Amaral where he states that the pink blanket is central to the case. Iirc he said something that if and when the blanket is found the case will be solved.

It was in the first photographs taken in 5a. As was the tennis bag.
It was gone in the second set of photographs taken in 5a - I believe only hours later. As was the tennis bag.
The tennis bag was either stolen, had never been there at all or in fact had never existed, according to various explanations from TM.

We hear little about the blanket per se. A pink blanket was given to the first dog handlers, who arrived around 2.00 am on the 4th.
The next set of handlers were not given Maddie's clothes or a blanket but a towel said to have been used by her.

Together with cuddlecat, the pink 'Princess' blanket was absolute proof of abduction. Both vital proof as far as TM is concerned.

It's always been my belief that JT described something she had seen or done (in view of the 'I carried' in the one interview recently discussed).
The way the abductor was said to have carried the child is the way one would carry a dead body, not a live one and it would be likely that a dead body would be wrapped.



Kate mentioned a blanket in one of her tv appearances, iirc. She said something about hoping she had her blanket - perhaps the Oprah or Irish interview. It struck me at the time that the way she phrased it, was more reference to a particular blanket, rather than suggesting she was hoping that Madeleine was warm with a blanket.
avatar
sami

Posts : 965
Join date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

The missing blanket - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing blanket

Post by tigger on 25.05.13 9:10

It's on page one of this topic. The whole topic is worth a read.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
tigger
tigger

Posts : 8114
Join date : 2011-07-20

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum