The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case - Page 9 Mm11

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case - Page 9 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case - Page 9 Mm11

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case - Page 9 Regist10

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case - Page 9 Empty Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Guest 01.06.18 8:24

Mark Willis wrote:
aquila wrote:It is akin to experiencing the Sergei saga....arrive on the forum, post impressive credentials, insult the PJ and forum members, refuse to answer questions, promote something that may or may not happen....need I go on?
agree
Come on admin. Aquila is spot on. Enough of these games, already.  banned
No, there is no reason for a ban.

He might start answering some questions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case - Page 9 Empty Re: Professor Horan: Ideas for a podcast about the McCann case

Post by Liz Eagles 01.06.18 10:03

BlueBag wrote:
Mark Willis wrote:
aquila wrote:It is akin to experiencing the Sergei saga....arrive on the forum, post impressive credentials, insult the PJ and forum members, refuse to answer questions, promote something that may or may not happen....need I go on?
agree
Come on admin. Aquila is spot on. Enough of these games, already.  banned
No, there is no reason for a ban.

He might start answering some questions.
Hope eternal is alive and kicking against all logic.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.06.18 10:32

Please remember the dignity to afford a three year old girl - the gut-wrentching lack of dignity afforded to her by the leaders of each and every agency who used a rolling staff policy, who kowtowed to the media and totally forgot a little life.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis 01.06.18 10:52

With complete respect to you Bluebag (and Polyenne), I fully understand that everyone here should be allowed a voice, however fanciful. The problem here is that we have been here before, too many times. Sutton, Malinka and now Horan and I place them all in the Birch Basket. 
As I see it, all the above are/were out for themselves and not Maddie. It's why Mr Verdi insists on facts as the bedrock from which we hone this mysterious case right back down to its essential bones. Bad enough the Mcs used their offspring as a Golden Goose.
Anything Mr Horan requires regards the first 24 hours is all here already, therefore there is no need for him to try and trounce what has taken everyone here years to accumulate and push a poorly researched alternative.

ETA I know you were being tongue in cheek, Bluebag  big grin
Mark Willis
Mark Willis

Activity : 885

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 01.06.18 11:38

I got the impression that Professor Horan's last post was, indeed, his last post...especially as he ended it with "Don't bother pm'ing me, just email me."

I'm not sure he'll be back - he achieved what he set out to do: divert the arguments.

BUT 11 years on, for the time being, it's not necessarily a bad thing and it has woken people up again!

Horan was deliberately obscure - unless he tells us what it is he's noticed, we cannot answer his question as to whether we or anyone else noticed it aswell.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41572

Back to top Go down

Post by Cammerigal 01.06.18 12:02

Horan came to disrupt and swagger. He did. He can report that he kicked some CMOMM ass! He found new evidence that no one else has spotted; Yay!
He can now make his obscure podcast,to a global audience, all 3 of them. AAAAND The murdoch rag Sun can now report ‘an esteemed professor has podcasted’ with new found evidence.
The oh so predictable cycle can now repeat; a new lead (think purple woman) needs further investigation, cue more Grange funding
The only query I have is SOOO WHYY this forum? Do the conspirators feel the need to disrupt? Is it a challenge, a rite of passage?  Malinka failed the test. Has Horan?
Cammerigal
Cammerigal

Activity : 255

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.06.18 13:04

Cammerigal wrote:Is it a challenge, a rite of passage?  Malinka failed the test. Has Horan?
Yes - and that's an emphatic yes!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.06.18 13:10

Why entertain an idiot?

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.06.18 13:21

Jill Havern wrote:I got the impression that Professor Horan's last post was, indeed, his last post...especially as he ended it with "Don't bother pm'ing me, just email me."

That remains to be seen  specs!

He logged-in last night at 23:01, nigh on twelve hours after he posted ^^^ so he ain't left the building - yet.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.06.18 13:28

aquila wrote:Why entertain an idiot?
It's usually the fool that entertains the audience - bit like a court jester.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Who can resist a slapstick comedy?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.06.18 13:31

Verdi wrote:
It's usually the fool that entertains the audience - bit like a court jester.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Who can resist a slapstick comedy?
I find the probable death of a three year old less than comedic.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.06.18 13:42

I really want to see how long he will refuse to answer the question about his contact with the McCanns, friends, relatives or representatives.

Really.

He's not doing any real harm and people are giving him the relevant info.

He can't say he didn't know in his podcast.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis 01.06.18 14:08

Fancy a game of Monopoly, Aquila? We have time to play the longest one ever whilst admin allow this clown to persist with his oil lathered snake.
Mark Willis
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Crackfox 01.06.18 14:45

[size=52]Confirmation bias [/size][size=52]occurs from the direct influence of desire on beliefs. When people would like a certain idea/concept to be true, they end up believing it to be true. They are motivated by wishful thinking. This error leads the individual to stop gathering information when the evidence gathered so far confirms the views (prejudices) one would like to be true.[/size]

[size=52][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[/size]
Crackfox

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.06.18 16:39

Jill Havern wrote:Welcome stonesuntured. Good to have you here!

Might I also suggest you read this free e-book written by a retired Police Superintendent:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bump !!!

This is Professor Horan's response to the above and another welcome forum message..

Professor Horan wrote:Thanks, everyone! First, let me point out that I don't normally take a [public] interest in any missing persons "cases." Professionally, I consider such cases very private. Let's say, for example, that Maddie is found alive and living more or less happily with a new family. Then what? Believe me, I've never seen a "happy" ending in such cases. But I wouldn't even call the Madeleine McCann story a "case." It's nothing more than a report of a missing child. Beyond that, I don't see a "case." (By contrast, there is very definitely an unsolved homicide case in the absolutely confirmed death of JonBenet Ramsey.) On the other hand, it's certainly an over-hyped story, and the McCanns themselves have done as much hyping as anyone. So, my interest is limited to: 1. A story to cover on our podcast, 2. specifically, was the "investigation" bungled by Portugese police? Interfered with by the McCanns, or Scotland Yard, or Portugese politicians, or wealthy British expats, or whomever? 3. What lessons can we learn from examining, so far as possible, the actual police files? (By contrast, we don't have access to the Ramsey files, for the most part.) 4. I do believe in the value of the Internet crowd-sourced supplementary investigation whatsit. So, can I/we see any "unturned stones" that might be worth following up by said Internet crowd? 5. If anyone here thinks they are pretty familiar with these files and would enjoy chatting about them with me on our podcast, please let me know!

Thanks again!

Tom :-)

Reading this and subsequent comments posted by Professor Horan, it rather appears he was not interested in reading a case summation written by a 'fellow' investigator (I use the word tentatively).

Perhaps he feels now is the time to move on from the unknown first 24 hours and take a look at the bigger picture, otherwise I feel his planned podcast might be somewhat restricted.

waiting

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.06.18 17:23

Ask him if he read PeterMacs e-book and what he thought about it.

And... persist if it's not answered.

He'll look more and more silly if he doesn't answer simple questions.

Banning him is just ammunition (in the podcast probably).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 01.06.18 21:55

Mark Willis wrote:
Fancy a game of Monopoly, Aquila? We have time to play the longest one ever whilst admin allow this clown to persist with his oil lathered snake.
The top hat for you....I'm undecided whether to be the boot or the battleship. Still, it will make fodder for some psychological profiling exercise on people who frequent this forum.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.06.18 2:24

BlueBag wrote:Ask him if he read PeterMacs e-book and what he thought about it.

And... persist if it's not answered.

He'll look more and more silly if he doesn't answer simple questions.

Banning him is just ammunition (in the podcast probably).
Professor Horan logged-in again this night so he's keeping watch, or maybe checking for PMs. 

No doubt got a spy in the camp - someone or something directed him to CMoMM in the first place and it's doesn't appear to be concern for Madeleine McCann.

The internet watchdogs I suspect.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 02.06.18 6:33

Maybe he continues to research the wealth of information on this site ?
polyenne

Activity : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis 02.06.18 7:40

aquila wrote:
Mark Willis wrote:
The top hat for you....I'm undecided whether to be the boot or the battleship. Still, it will make fodder for some psychological profiling exercise on people who frequent this forum.
howdy Thank you, Aquila.
Choose the Boot and then aim it at Horan's fundament!  banghead
A psychologist usually lets the patient talk to reveal their innermost musings.
Or, as in Horan's case, give him enough rope....
Mark Willis
Mark Willis

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.06.18 14:13

polyenne wrote:Maybe he continues to research the wealth of information on this site ?
I rather hope you're right.

So far, Professor Horan doesn't seem to have been able to grasp the fundamental facts, nor comprehend the content of the PJ files.

Clearly he's in need of further guidance if he intends to pursue his podcast project.

As always, CMoMM is here to help thumbsup .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.06.18 14:42

Verdi wrote:

Which is the correct outlook in this case.

There's something in the bible about heaping burning coals on people's heads.

If he makes a podcast which is factually incorrect he will have no excuse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 02.06.18 17:43

BlueBag wrote:
Verdi wrote:

There's something in the Bible about heaping burning coals on people's heads.
True, yes there is.

But then there are also these words of Christ:

"Do not cast your pearls before swine"

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.06.18 21:03

Tony Bennett wrote:
BlueBag wrote:
Verdi wrote:

There's something in the Bible about heaping burning coals on people's heads.
True, yes there is.

But then there are also these words of Christ:

"Do not cast your pearls before swine"
That is an ecumenical matter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthuntold 02.06.18 21:25

He was playing devils advocate .. if he agreed with you he wouldn't have got quick links info needed .. you missed point .. no he is no advocate of mccanns shame you didn't pick up because he was actually infering one suspect who .. planned controlled but it went wrong ... the dogs also went wrong so had to be debated ..it got a lot of hits so regardless drew back attention to true meaning of site justice for Madeline not Maddie.. erm her parents say not Maddie but everything Maddie .. so if he doesn't have legion of fans .. is this site for finding truth or projecting one theory??Or only interested in how many followers .. eh Verdi you said not twitter etc so watchers numbers shouldn't count touche
thetruthuntold
thetruthuntold

Activity : 16

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum