The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"The Book" - Page 2 Mm11

"The Book" - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"The Book" - Page 2 Mm11

"The Book" - Page 2 Regist10

"The Book"

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Book" - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Book"

Post by MrsC 18.05.17 8:43

@Verdi - Thank you.

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 19.05.17 23:47

Gerry McCann's vision..

So on the afternoon of Friday 11 May, the paralegal, accompanied by a barrister, flew out to Portugal. We’d warned them to keep their arrival at our apartment low-key, so as not to attract any unwanted attention from the media lying in wait outside. In they came, dressed in bow ties and braces– the barrister was even wearing a panama hat. I heaved a sigh. They might as well have had great big arrows pointing at their heads reading ‘lawyer’. Not to worry: it was their presence and input that were important.

As well as this initial meeting we had two further sessions with the lawyers over the course of that weekend to explore how they might be able to assist us. There had already been some speculation in the press, based on those erroneous reports that when Madeleine was taken we were dining ‘hundreds of metres away’, that we could face prosecution for negligence.

After examining the proximity of the Tapas restaurant to apartment 5A, the barrister first of all assured us that our behaviour could not be deemed negligent and was indeed ‘well within the bounds of reasonable parenting’.

madeleine by KATE MCCANN  [extract for research and debate only]
----------

There is a pair of birds nesting locally, guarding the nest night and day to protect their little fledglings (I can hear them) - there is also a resident kestrel on the prowl night and day licking his beak in anticipation of bagging one of the little fledglings.  I can't help but feel for the little'uns and their parents being constantly harassed by the dangers of predators and other natural threats.  The chances of survival for the whole brood are doubtful with all the perils they face but the parents can't be faulted for their 24 hour vigil to protect their young against all adversity.

They don't need a barrister to tell them their behaviour is well within the bounds of reasonable parenting - they are governed by instinct not money and man-made rules and regulations.

Seems to me that human beings think themselves superior to the laws of nature.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 19.05.17 23:58

Verdi wrote:Gerry McCann's vision..

So on the afternoon of Friday 11 May, the paralegal, accompanied by a barrister, flew out to Portugal. We’d warned them to keep their arrival at our apartment low-key, so as not to attract any unwanted attention from the media lying in wait outside. In they came, dressed in bow ties and braces– the barrister was even wearing a panama hat. I heaved a sigh. They might as well have had great big arrows pointing at their heads reading ‘lawyer’. Not to worry: it was their presence and input that were important.

As well as this initial meeting we had two further sessions with the lawyers over the course of that weekend to explore how they might be able to assist us. There had already been some speculation in the press, based on those erroneous reports that when Madeleine was taken we were dining ‘hundreds of metres away’, that we could face prosecution for negligence.

After examining the proximity of the Tapas restaurant to apartment 5A, the barrister first of all assured us that our behaviour could not be deemed negligent and was indeed ‘well within the bounds of reasonable parenting’.

----------

There is a pair of birds nesting locally, guarding the nest night and day to protect their little fledglings (I can hear them) - there is also a resident kestrel on the prowl night and day licking his beak in anticipation of bagging one of the little fledglings.  I can't help but feel for the little'uns and their parents being constantly harassed by the dangers of predators and other natural threats.  The chances of survival for the whole brood are doubtful with all the perils they face but the parents can't be faulted for their 24 hour vigil to protect their young against all adversity.

They don't need a barrister to tell them their behaviour is well within the bounds of reasonable parenting - they are governed by instinct not money and man-made rules and regulations.

Is the extract above about the barristers really from Kate McCann's book? The register  feels all wrong to me.It's so ...jaunty..
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 20.05.17 0:32

worriedmum wrote:
Is the extract above about the barristers really from Kate McCann's book? The register  feels all wrong to me.It's so ...jaunty..
Careful how you ridicule Exhibit A big grin !  Who needs the PJ files or any other evidence when you've got 'the book'?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 20.05.17 9:34

Bow ties , braces , a Panama hat !

Do barristers , lawyers Really dress like that outside Mills and Boon fiction ?    spit coffee

Activity : 2378

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene 2 22.05.17 10:36

----------

They hauled a Barrister over from the UK to advise them on this just one week after Madeleine's disappearance. They thought being charged with neglect was the only flaw in their plan?

http://mccannfundfraud.info/2010/02/a-forensic-examination-of-the-company-accounts/

"Interestingly the book doesn’t mention the names of the paralegal and the barrister who spent the weekend in Portugal to advise them
On Sunday May 13 the IFLG issued a press brief release with Ann Thomas, managing partner as the contact person. It merely said that ‘last week’ they and barrister Michael Nicholls QC had been instructed to act for the McCanns…and that details of how contributions could be made to help get Madeleine back would be made available ‘in the next couple of days.’
Presumably then, Mr Nicholls was the barrister who reassured the McCanns about their ‘reasonable’ parenting. According to the website maintained by his Chambers his principal areas of practice are:
‘International and domestic family law and medical ethics, including jurisdiction, recognition and enforcement, conflicts of law, child abduction, international relocation, private children’s cases, contempts, families and the media (freedom of expression and press injunctions) and disputes about medical treatment.’
It is unclear why his particular expertise warranted instruction in a missing child case where there was no issue of family abduction. Apart from his family law experience he also had expertise in media (freedom of expression and press injunctions) but at that time the media was totally supportive of the McCanns.
It is perhaps strange that the IFLG paralegal, expert in the complex area of international family abductions, would promote the idea of setting up a limited company so convincingly that the McCanns agreed. At the time of the first meeting between the McCanns and the two legal visitors, Madeleine had been missing for only one week"
Irene 2

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.05.17 1:16

Whatever ghost wrote 'madeleine' for Kate McCann (not Healy missus?) was dead spooky - a spiritualist maybe?

Still, you know the adage a seasoned novelist - a combination of truth and fiction, perfect for a convincing nail biting best seller.

Ask Winters and Goose - they know from experience.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.05.17 1:22

sandancer wrote:Bow ties , braces , a Panama hat !

Do barristers , lawyers Really dress like that outside Mills and Boon fiction ?    spit coffee
"The Book" - Page 2 Barrister-solicitor1

Ocean Club Praia da Luz?  Just follow your nose - you might need to re-think the dress, we don't want you looking like a tourist...

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by virtualalex 24.05.17 5:08

If I'd been her lawyer I would have said, "Just don't write a book. You're going to drop yourself in it..."

Activity : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 24.05.17 9:21

Irene 2 wrote:

----------

They hauled a Barrister over from the UK to advise them on this just one week after Madeleine's disappearance. They thought being charged with neglect was the only flaw in their plan?

http://mccannfundfraud.info/2010/02/a-forensic-examination-of-the-company-accounts/

"Interestingly the book doesn’t mention the names of the paralegal and the barrister who spent the weekend in Portugal to advise them
On Sunday May 13 the IFLG issued a press brief release with Ann Thomas, managing partner as the contact person. It merely said that ‘last week’ they and barrister Michael Nicholls QC had been instructed to act for the McCanns…and that details of how contributions could be made to help get Madeleine back would be made available ‘in the next couple of days.’
Presumably then, Mr Nicholls was the barrister who reassured the McCanns about their ‘reasonable’ parenting. According to the website maintained by his Chambers his principal areas of practice are:
‘International and domestic family law and medical ethics, including jurisdiction, recognition and enforcement, conflicts of law, child abduction, international relocation, private children’s cases, contempts, families and the media (freedom of expression and press injunctions) and disputes about medical treatment.’
It is unclear why his particular expertise warranted instruction in a missing child case where there was no issue of family abduction. Apart from his family law experience he also had expertise in media (freedom of expression and press injunctions) but at that time the media was totally supportive of the McCanns.
It is perhaps strange that the IFLG paralegal, expert in the complex area of international family abductions, would promote the idea of setting up a limited company so convincingly that the McCanns agreed. At the time of the first meeting between the McCanns and the two legal visitors, Madeleine had been missing for only one week"

a common feature is the extraneous detail where they try to obfuscate, why no detail here? Because they don't want attention drawn to it.
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene 2 24.05.17 10:19

virtualalex wrote:If I'd been her lawyer I would have said, "Just don't write a book. You're going to drop yourself in it..."

With Clarence in her other ear, " Drop yourself in it and I'll spin it"  Contentment assured, attention and kerching!  Mrs
Irene 2

Activity : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by virtualalex 24.05.17 13:08

But seriously though, why was she ever allowed to write anything?  She was told not to answer 48 questions because of what she might say. Why risk blowing the cover-up by committing "a version" of the truth to writing and having it all there for people to use against you?

The excerpts I've read are awful. She's not a good writer.

Activity : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 24.05.17 14:01

Irene 2 wrote:
virtualalex wrote:If I'd been her lawyer I would have said, "Just don't write a book. You're going to drop yourself in it..."

With Clarence in her other ear, " Drop yourself in it and I'll spin it"  Contentment assured, attention and kerching!  Mrs

Nice one Irene 2, never heard that expression! +1
sar

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 24.05.17 15:11

Virtualalex:

‘But seriously though, why was she ever allowed to write anything?’

Kerrching!

Rumoured £1m advance & £500k from the serialization can open many doors. Even if it was half those figures it still covers a fair few mortgage payments!

Oh sorry, I’ve got that wrong.

‘All Royalties donated to Madeleine’s Fund’, as can be evidenced (not) from the ‘open & transparent’ accounts!

What actually constitutes ‘royalties’?

a sum paid to an author or composer for each copy of a book sold or for each public performance of a work’

Could it be argued that the advance was technically not a royalty payment, but a payment in anticipation of royalties and was not therefore covered by the promise on the book cover?

The serialisation rights would not be royalties as such, but depending on the contract signed could have gone to the publishers, rather than KM, as part repayment of the advance.

Who knows?
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 24.05.17 15:57

Without 'The Book', presumably we would never know about Kate's true narcissistic nature, her utter contempt for the Police who were searching for her daughter( ******* t*****s) , her bizarre and deeply disturbing reference to her child's genitals, and much more. She has given away a lot about herself, probably far more than she even realises, and in spite of her intentions it does not  show her in a good light.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 24.05.17 16:42

Well of course madeleine by Kate McCann was built on Kate McCann's notorious diary that was leaked to the News of the World - without the McCanns authority - allegedly.  You don't get much more self-absorbed than that!  Par exemple..

SATURDAY, MAY 12: (Madeleine's birthday) Madeleine is four years old. Day at resort with holiday group. Special Mass for Madeleine at 18.00 in Praia da Luz.

MONDAY, MAY 14: I slept well last night after a not very good end of the day, frustration with the FLO (Portuguese police family liaison officer) asking me where would my little M be.

I got up at 06.50. I dealt with some trifles and got myself ready for the statement to the press at 08.00.

I tried to put on a slightly more presentable and 'healthy' air. Gerry again gave a great performance.

"The Book" - Page 2 4thbirthdaypdl%20(2)

Following on we answered about four questions. I almost responded to the first one asking how we were, but I didn't. I did answer a question on our possible return home. I replied that obviously I didn't even think about that. Anyway, it seemed to have gone well. After breakfast and our having left S and A, (twins Sean and Amelie, then aged two) we went to church to pray in silence. Very good, calming.

After getting back I decided to go running' for the first time since THE day (already 11 days ago). I knew that it was going to be physically difficult, but I also knew that I wasn't going to give up, because it was for Madeleine and also because the level of pain is far higher now.

No cameras or journalists, which was great. I went running towards the beach and then along it and again climbed that hill so steep 'without stopping! (I carried a photo of M in my hand to keep me going.) On the last hill past the tennis courts my legs completely weak, but I managed to keep myself walking. I managed to reach the apartment then time to stop' to think' I felt really quite calm.

WEDNESDAY, MAY 23: Gordon Brown (then Chancellor and PM in waiting) called and spoke with Gerry -very kind and giving encouragement.

Feeling a bit emotional afterwards.
----------

This was headed by the News of the World with this..

For the first time, the heartbreaking truth that destroys the lies of the Portuguese police

[insert chilling image of Kate McCann - "Please God.  Is She Dead"]

TODAY we reveal the secret diary of agonised mum Kate McCann' penned over months as she and husband Gerry struggled to deal with their daughter Madeleine's abduction.

No wonder they weren't too angry about the claimed leak - Clarence.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 24.05.17 16:58

" Day at resort with holiday group "  Madeleines 4th birthday ! What ?

Slept well !!!

Dealt with trifles , and dealt with the press !

Went running , " felt really calm " !!!

Heartbroken ?

Agonised ?

Nah , I don't think so .

Activity : 2378

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 24.05.17 17:00

Sleeping well......leaving the twins.....jogging.....nice holiday !
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 24.05.17 17:42

not sure but after 11 days I think I might be worse not better?
sar

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 27.05.17 0:17

Verdi wrote:
walla wrote: I noticed this observation some time ago. To be fair, it may not have been her say-so, it may have been her publishers. Or do you know differently? If so, I stand corrected.
Couldn't give a kipper's doodah who is responsible for the book cover design - fact remains this is it..

"The Book" - Page 2 Book_pointing_left

Who is to take responsibility for the misleading information on the front cover - who is to take responsibility for the content between front and back cover?

It is Kate McCann's book whichever way you try to excuse the presentation.
I've followed Madeleine's case from day one. I've never read KM's book. Not likely too, ever. I do truth, not someone's version of it. Just an observation about the bewk. This must be the only occasion she has said "Our daugher's disappearance". Was she not allowed use her preferred "Our daughter's abduction"?
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 27.05.17 0:37

maebee wrote: Just an observation about the bewk. This must be the only occasion she has said "Our daugher's disappearance". Was she not allowed use her preferred "Our daughter's abduction"?
Good point thumbsup !  I'll have a look when my eyes are back in focus to check what she says within.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 27.05.17 12:19

I've just started reading this quite shocking exercise in narcissism and self promotion, and she does push abduction by a paedophile throughout. Interesting use of disappearance on the front cover though.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 27.05.17 12:34

nglfi wrote:I've just started reading this quite shocking exercise in  narcissism and self promotion, and she does push abduction by a paedophile throughout. Interesting use of disappearance on the front cover though.

Disappeared with a paedophile.

No evidence of harm blah, blah, blah.

Living like a princess and giving them her tuppenceworth.

Dinner with paedophile Clement Freud.

Parallel universe.

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer)

Activity : 42053

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 27.05.17 17:06

Get'emGonçalo wrote:
nglfi wrote:I've just started reading this quite shocking exercise in  narcissism and self promotion, and she does push abduction by a paedophile throughout. Interesting use of disappearance on the front cover though.

Parallel universe.
It is really quite shocking. Something in particular which stood out to me (well one thing among many actually) is Kate's description of the last full night she spent with Madeleine on p61. I was reading about her argument with Gerry, how it progressed and the fact that he went back to the apartment before her. When she started to talk about how arguing like this was so unusual, I was fully expecting her to state that at least she got to spend the last night with Madeleine, sleeping in the same room with her and feeling some closeness.

However, the chapter ends 'Though it can have no bearing that I can imagine on subsequent events, the thought of Gerry and me sleeping alone on this of all nights still makes me feel sad.'

This just completely sums up the selfishness and egocentrism of the woman. What about Madeleine??? What about some happiness that at least her last night with the family was sleeping with mummy and her siblings?? It was one of many real wtf moments for me. And I'm not even halfway through yet!!
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 27.05.17 17:27

nglfi wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:

Parallel universe.
It is really quite shocking. Something in particular which stood out to me (well one thing among many actually) is Kate's description of the last full night she spent with Madeleine on p61. I was reading about her argument with Gerry, how it progressed and the fact that he went back to the apartment before her. When she started to talk about how arguing like this was so unusual, I was fully expecting her to state that at least she got to spend the last night with Madeleine, sleeping in the same room with her and feeling some closeness.

However, the chapter ends 'Though it can have no bearing that I can imagine on subsequent events, the thought of Gerry and me sleeping alone on this of all nights still makes me feel sad.'

This just completely sums up the selfishness and egocentrism of the woman. What about Madeleine??? What about some happiness that at least her last night with the family was sleeping with mummy and her siblings?? It was one of many real wtf moments for me. And I'm not even halfway through yet!!

Oh my goodness. I haven't been able to face reading her bewk so didn't know this.

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Activity : 42053

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top