The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 18 Mm11

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 18 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 18 Mm11

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 18 Regist10

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo?

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 18 Empty Re: The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo?

Post by HiDeHo 25.01.17 13:58

The only question I can answer is that the ICE CREAM photo was available on the net in early May 2008 and was claimed to have been included in the ITV documentary of April 30th 2008.

The link given for this documentary on youtube which was deleted was titled 'Madeleine, One year on'.  It was prior to a time I was saving videos and though I may have saved it at a later date, I have searched for hours in my downloaded collection and not found it yet.

However, although I agree there appears to be something strange with the photo, there does not seem to be any dispute that the ICE CREAM picture was included in the documentary and also available on the web in early May 2008, two years before Jon Corner used the top portion of it with the ICE LOLLY in 2010.

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 18 Ice_cr11
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 18 Empty Re: The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo?

Post by JRP 25.01.17 16:30

The image in Jon Corners video doesn't show the ice cream cone because the image has been cropped to fit the TV screen, turning a portrait oriented image into a landscape. That doesn't mean it isn't there, it means it's been cut off above the cone.

I know there are different versions of this image, one with a clearly Photoshopped arm, but what I gather from this thread is that a version exists without the ice cream cone, is there a link to that version?
JRP

Activity : 1176

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 25.01.17 21:49

HiDeHo wrote:The only question I can answer is that the ICE CREAM photo was available on the net in early May 2008 and was claimed to have been included in the ITV documentary of April 30th 2008.

The link given for this documentary on youtube which was deleted was titled 'Madeleine, One year on'.  It was prior to a time I was saving videos and though I may have saved it at a later date, I have searched for hours in my downloaded collection and not found it yet.

However, although I agree there appears to be something strange with the photo, there does not seem to be any dispute that the ICE CREAM picture was included in the documentary and also available on the web in early May 2008, two years before Jon Corner used the top portion of it with the ICE LOLLY in 2010.

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 18 Ice_cr11
@ HideHo

OK, thank you, things are becoming a bit clearer, but maybe also more complex at the same time.

Let assume that the Ice Cream Photo WAS in the 2008 documentary, as you said.

Indeed my own post from way back on 21 May 2008 seems to confirm that it was in the 2008 doc. 
But help me on this if you would please.

Are we saying that there are TWO versions of the Ice Cream Photo, one with a connected arm, and one with an unconnected arm?

In which case my best guess would be that the McCanns' original photo had the connected arm, but that a later faker has sought, for a malicious purpose, to create a photshopped image with an unconnected arm. I guess some people do this sort of thing 'just for a laugh'.

Yes?

@ JRP

Yes, you are quite right. I thought the pic in the Job Corner video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghIWyEdEB00 

...at 1 min 19 secs, had the ice cream photoshopped out.

But, no, as you say it has been cropped just above the ice cream.

So maybe the Ice Cream Photo has always been an innocent photo of a little girl enjoying a Cornetto and using a spoon to eat it with - no ice lolly at all.

But all of this has been a bit of a diversion for me from the main point of the thread - to discuss the provenance of the all-important Make-Up Photo.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 26.01.17 0:31

What if the arm has been messed about with to tally with or against the tennis balls/last photo arm saga?

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 26.01.17 3:11

Tony Bennett wrote:

But, no, as you say it has been cropped just above the ice cream.

So maybe the Ice Cream Photo has always been an innocent photo of a little girl enjoying a Cornetto and using a spoon to eat it with - no ice lolly at all.

But all of this has been a bit of a diversion for me from the main point of the thread - to discuss the provenance of the all-important Make-Up Photo.

Apologies for distracting from the thread.  After reading this on the first page, I felt it important to correct..

I see no real issue with the photo, only that I was fortunate to see it on Websleuths and spent MANY hours trying to find a downloaded copy of the documentary which had been deleted.

Pleased to move on.

VERY IMPORTANT BEFORE WE GO ANY FURTHER:

Please note that the 'Ice Cream Photo' that you have published in your post @worriedmum is NOT the same picture as the ICE LOLLY picture which appears in Jon Corner's film.
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by roz 27.01.17 5:40

Can I just say that the blue eye shadow, and them gold beads make me think of an older lady.
roz

Activity : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by roz 27.01.17 7:51

I mean in the sense that on older lady (older than for instance Kate) might have those out-dated items in her possession.
roz

Activity : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 31.03.17 18:58

The wall behind Madeleine has been discussed and never been identified as to it's location. Watching this video has me wondering if it could have been here....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Kz00m77Qk

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 01.07.17 0:44

Is this the location of the make up photo?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/253706621672502/permalink/456367711406391/
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 01.07.17 1:41

In the make-up photo the black bar above Madeleine's head looks to me more like a handle thingy as it seems to turn back and affix into the wall at its bottom tip whereas the lamp is just a straight rod. The lamp is also quite high up the wall near the top of the door yet in the make up photo it looks to be not much above the top of the blue chair-back. On another point, in the last photo Madeleine has a plait in a section of her hair secured by a white elastic band rather than a pink slide or bead. I actually found another photo of Madeleine which shows her with these amateur plaits, one on either side of her face, both tied off with white elastic bands. It's in a series of videos by fanny 312 and shows a photo of Madeleine with her maternal grand-parents and the twins at 4.49 mins.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 01.07.17 13:14

As far as I know, this "photo" was first seen in a video made by Jon Corner in 2010. 

Am I correct in thinking that somebody did a screen shot of the video, and that is what everyone on the internet has been viewing? It hasn't been released by the McCann's in photo form.

If that is correct, then we aren't looking at a "photo" as such, technically, we are looking at a screen grab of stilled video from Youtube.
That would have an huge adverse effect on sharpness and detail in the image. It would explain the why the eye lashes merge with the blue eye shadow which I thought were Photoshopped.
JRP

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.07.17 13:26

JRP wrote:As far as I know, this "photo" was first seen in a video made by Jon Corner in 2010. 

Am I correct in thinking that somebody did a screen shot of the video, and that is what everyone on the internet has been viewing? It hasn't been released by the McCann's in photo form.

If that is correct, then we aren't looking at a "photo" as such, technically, we are looking at a screen grab of stilled video from Youtube.
That would have an huge adverse effect on sharpness and detail in the image. It would explain the why the eye lashes merge with the blue eye shadow which I thought were Photoshopped.
The video produced by Jon Corner in 2010, shows images of Madeleine - or should I say a collection of stills.  They are not motion pictures, he must have got the photographs from somewhere to use as part of his video, I strongly suspect they were taken from the portfolio of Madeleine photographs he already had in his possession on Friday 4th May 2007 - why he had them is a matter for conjecture!

See here @ 01:15 minutes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghIWyEdEB00

ETA:  If the video is copyright protected, try this one..

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 01.07.17 14:56

@Verdi
Yep I agree with all that you've said.
My possibly badly made point wasn't concerning what he had as originals, my point was this.
Jon Corner hasn't released the original copies of these 3 photos as far as I'm aware, we only have his video as a source, so any still images on the internet of the make-up Lolita photo, the ones we all comment on, must have been taken from the video?
JRP

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.07.17 16:04

JRP wrote:@Verdi
Yep I agree with all that you've said.
My possibly badly made point wasn't concerning what he had as originals, my point was this.
Jon Corner hasn't released the original copies of these 3 photos as far as I'm aware, we only have his video as a source, so any still images on the internet of the make-up Lolita photo, the ones we all comment on, must have been taken from the video?
Beg pardon JRP, I misunderstood your meaning.

It was the "we are looking at a screen grab of stilled video from Youtube" that confounded me.  I thought you meant still images were taken from a movimg picture, I think you guessed that. 

I'm with you now smilie .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 01.07.17 17:32

Wasn't this photograph first published in the Daily Mail?  Isn't that where we got it from?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1270357/Maddie-plays-dressing-weeks-vanished-McCanns-fly-Portugal-bid-reopen-case--release-new-picture.html
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11199

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxyroo 01.07.17 18:49

Using that Dido song with the lyrics "resting here with me" always seemed a bit strange to me too. The word "Resting" puts my hackles up!

Activity : 727

Back to top Go down

Post by JRP 01.07.17 18:50

@sharonl 
The one in the Mail Online article measures 468 x 316 pixels which is the same as the size posted on this forum in various places, so it looks like that is the source. Thanks for the find.
JRP

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 01.07.17 21:49

Photo was produced in the Mail and Jon Corners 3rd anniversary apppeal video May 2010.

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.07.17 23:31

sharonl wrote:Wasn't this photograph first published in the Daily Mail?  Isn't that where we got it from?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1270357/Maddie-plays-dressing-weeks-vanished-McCanns-fly-Portugal-bid-reopen-case--release-new-picture.html
Picture if you can, it was the third anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance - from May 2008 right up until May 2017, the McCann campaign has deemed it essential to push some attention seeking blitz by way of the media.  May 2010 was no exception.

At the time, the image of Madeleine wearing make-up was splashed across every tabloid and local paper headline.  I believe it was deliberately picked from the few images featured in Jon Corner's third anniversary video anticipating a heart wrenching 'aah bless - how cute' public reaction.  I certainly don't think the picture would have been published if they thought that it would create a 'shock horror' reaction.

A random search revealed this which is the same publication date as the Daily Mail..

New appeal to find Madeleine McCann

A NEW snap of Madeleine McCann as a ‘grown up’ wearing make-up and jewellery has been released on the third anniversary of her disappearance.

ByFionnuala Bourke

• 09:44, 2 MAY 2010

A NEW snap of Madeleine McCann as a ‘grown up’ wearing make-up and jewellery has been released on the third anniversary of her disappearance.

The picture shows the Midland youngster, now aged six, wearing blue eye shadow and a pink bow and gold necklace.
It is featured in a video which also shows footage of Gerry and Kate’s desperate attempts to find their daughter who vanished from their holiday apartment in Portugal on May 3 2007.

The video, produced by family friend Jon Corner, was originally shown at a fundraising event in London in January to mark the 1,000th day since the little girl’s disappearance.

Read on..

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/new-appeal-to-find-madeleine-mccann-247390

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 02.07.17 6:48

In my opinion, I think the Mccanns are so deeply narcissistic and unaware of normal parental feelings that they would think this disturbing image would inspire an 'ah bless, how cute!' reaction. Anyone who has experience of looking after children knows what a messy business it is, and a little girl playing with make up does not end up looking like this. No doubt the career ladder climbing, perfect body parading ,tennis playing , jogging, babies in crèche dumping types don't have this awareness. Their priorities are not their children so they are oblivious to the feelings and reactions of those people who actually look after their own babies.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 02.07.17 9:14

@Verdi & @MaryC - I have to disagree on the 'ah bless' scenario. Narcissism exudes from both of them but I still can't accept any parent choosing this photo as one they would want to show the world to generate any sort of positive reaction. Why not use one of the bicycle shots of a happy, carefree child?

I have no idea why the photo is in there; but then I can say the same for the very short clip of Madeleine dressed as 'Alice'. Again, why include shots where Madeleine is obviously not feeling/looking happy? If you watch the video clip of this on Youtube (fannie312 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpuK8ql-IPE), all of it bothers me but particularly the part at 4.35/4.36 mins - personally I read a flash of fear. The more times I watch the anniversary film over, the very short 'Alice' clip used is a very strange inclusion - Madeleine looks particularly unhappy.

The sequence of shots in the anniversary film all follow an uncomfortable theme, from the slow panning/rotating of the skirting board shot to the lollipop shot.

Back to the 'make-up' photo and the a Mail article (thanks @sharoni) specifically states that:

'Last week her parents returned to Portugal to put pressure on the police to renew their investigation, which was dropped in July 2008, and released the photo and a new video in the hope of triggering new leads in the search for their daughter, who would now be six'.

So the film and the 'makeup' photo were released as separate entities at the same time. Not only that, the Mcs also gave the press details about the photo - when/what, etc. This photo was meant to be seen. Why, I don't know. What we do know is that almost certainly the photo was not taken at home, 3 weeks before the holiday.

So why release it at all if it showed something that needed to be lied about? Why release it if it showed your child made up in a manner which might be misconstrued by the wider public? Why release it at all if it inadvertently showed your child looking semi-comatosed (or even worse)? Messages? Games? Whatever the reason, it can't be a good one. And, whatever else he may eventually prove to be, it's always worth bearing in mind that Prof. Gerald McCann is a very clever individual.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 02.07.17 12:10

I think the McCanns thought of the make-up photo as another timely "Marketing ploy". Since it was released on the third anniversary and shows Madeleine looking older, striking a model's haughty pose and wearing lurid eye-shadow, I suspect we were being reminded that this could be her daily plight as she had been "snatched by paedophiles". I would be cautious about stating that it was definitely taken in Luz until such claim could be absolutely proven.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.07.17 12:39

In May 2010 there was another staged media blitz to mark the anniversary of Madeleine's alleged disappearance.  It is clear from media reports that the make-up photograph was taken from Jon Corner's video, as I say I strongly suggest it was to promote the sweet litle girl image that's been at mummy's make-up bag.  Individual public reaction to the image  has been mixed - even forum members showed division as to the rightness or wrongness of publishing the particular photograph.

Here I suggest the image selection was a media initiative - Clarence Mitchell v. Jon Corner, take your pick!  I'll go for the latter, in collusion with the media monitoring guru, bearing in mind he is media savvy and would appear to be commander in chief of Madeleine McCann imagery.  Still, that's not the real issue here - the provenance of the image and where/when it was taken.  There exists reams of discussion on this subject already on CMoMM and so it goes on.

All that aside, an interesting aspect to this anniversary report, which could well hold the key, is this extract from the global newspaper reports..

'The short film shows the couple pursuing attempts to find their missing daughter over the past three years, from handing out posters in Portugal to chasing up leads from their home in Rothley, Leicestershire.

It includes a new photograph of a grown up-looking Madeleine (pictured) wearing blue eyeshadow accompanied with a pink bow in her hair and a gold bead necklace.

The video, produced by family friend Jon Corner, was originally shown at a fundraising event in London in January to mark the 1,000th day since the little girl’s disappearance.'

This is the January 2010 fund raising initiative hosted by Sir Richard 'dodgy dicky' Branson at his prestigious Kensington Roof Gardens function venue..

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 18 SkyOriginal Source: SKY: WEDNESDAY 27 JANUARY 2010
9:29am UK, Wednesday January 27, 2010 David Williams, Sky News Online

Sir Richard Branson and JK Rowling are expected to be among the guests at a fund-raising event to mark the 1,000th day since Madeleine McCann went missing
The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 18 Sky_27_01_10_mbm
Madeleine's Fund raised almost £2m in the first 10 months after she disappeared
Around 180 people have been invited by her parents Kate and Gerry McCann to attend the £150-a-head dinner, raffle and auction at Sir Richard's Kensington Roof Gardens in west London.

Half the money raised will go to the McCanns' fund to find their daughter, with the other half split between the charities Missing People and Missing Children Europe.
Supporters of the couple from Rothley, Leicestershire, will also launch 1,000 glowing paper lanterns into the night sky in Britain, Portugal and the US to coincide with the anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance.

It's 1,000 days since Madeleine McCann vanished and even now there are intelligent, sane and rational people, in Portgual and in the UK, who still believe that her parents Gerry and Kate phoned Sky News before they called the police.
Read more on Martin Brunt's Life of Crime  

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 18 Sky_27_01_10_rb
Sir Richard has offered his support
Almost £2m was raised for Madeleine's Fund in the first 10 months after she went missing from Praia da Luz in Portugal in May 2007.
But as the number of donations lessened her parents spent hundreds of thousands of pounds hiring a series of private detectives to continue the search.
McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell stressed there was no "crisis" in the fund, which currently stands at approximately £500,000.
"But even if the fund were to run dry, it doesn't mean the search stops," he said.
Mr Mitchell said the west London dinner would be attended primarily by the couple's friends and long-term supporters, including their millionaire backer Brian Kennedy.
The paper lanterns will be launched at 7.30pm British time from about 20 different locations, including Praia da Luz, Rothley and Mrs McCann's hometown of Liverpool.
[Acknowledgement Pamalam]

Lest they forget..

"So beautiful, astonishingly bright, and I’d have to say very charismatic. She would shine out of a crowd. So—God forgive me—maybe that’s part of the problem. That special quality. Some ******* picked up on that."

Jon Corner

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 02.07.17 12:49

I'm still stuck as to why this photograph was chosen for release and why all the extremely well paid advisors around the McCanns considered it in any way beneficial in the search.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.07.17 12:57

aquila wrote:I'm still stuck as to why this photograph was chosen for release and why all the extremely well paid advisors around the McCanns considered it in any way beneficial in the search.
Any more than the photograph issued to the PJ for the official 'search'..

The Mystery of the Make-Up Photo - was it taken on the same day as the Last Photo? - Page 18 15of20
Or any other photograph plucked from the array, excepting the most obvious - Madeleine in the Ocean Club playground.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top