The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New DCI - Page 12 Mm11

New DCI - Page 12 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New DCI - Page 12 Mm11

New DCI - Page 12 Regist10

New DCI

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New DCI - Page 12 Empty Re: New DCI

Post by Gaggzy 24.12.14 14:02

New DCI - Page 12 Bnp_zps1280cf65

J K Rowling arrives in Praia da Luz to work on her latest novel?
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss 24.12.14 14:40

Tony Bennett wrote:

@ Joss

You wrote:  "...who cares if she paints her nails or what she wears as long as she looks presentable and acts professionally in the workplace and does the job she is meant to do and does what she gets paid for?"

REPLY: Joss, she is getting paid for carrying out the remit. The job that Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt, and those above him in the Met and the government, is the job that DCI Wall has been instructed to carry out. I do not mean to be unkind, but to believe otherwise is just deluding yourself and going right against all the evidence we have before our very eyes. You hope for an outcome that all the indications suggest is not going to be possible  

Tony, Yes that is exactly what i was saying, that she gets paid to do her job and her job would require a certain standard of professionalism, nothing more than that really. All i know about her job is that she is an officer of the law, and she will be stepping into AR's previous position in the Madeleine McCann case. I do not believe anything other than that. I have stated earlier on the thread that i am very skeptical that she will follow some other line of investigation in this case other than what has already been pursued by the other members of the investigation.
Joss
Joss

Activity : 2154

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 24.12.14 14:53

@ Loving Mom

You wrote:    "I can understand your wariness when members are clearly disrupting. However, I personally feel that the main posters here have missed the mark with certain posters. The shame in that is there could have been/be some very valuable discussion if the main posters/researchers/ moderators were not so elitist. Missed opportunities to explore and help sort out what really happened to Madeleine which is what this forum is supposed to be striving for".

----
Despite Tony's response (which I personally find overly defensive to the extent that it somewhat, ironically,  lends some credence to the OP's view)  there are or were threads that were often disrupted by those who refused to accept a different point of view. The photo-shopping threads, for instance. But others too, imo. And surely the above is an opinion to which the writer is entitled.  A perception of a situation. 
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 24.12.14 15:06

Gaggzy wrote:
Uncanny ! !
New DCI - Page 12 <a href=New DCI - Page 12 Nickl_10" />

Harry Potter and the Fraudulent Fund ?
Harry Potter and the Curious Incident of the dogs in the night-time
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16593

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 24.12.14 15:33

PeterMac wrote:
Gaggzy wrote:
Uncanny ! !

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's No Stone left unturned

Harry Potter and the so far 36,000 Suspects bar 9

Harry Potter and ... oh let's blame it on HagridMan - he looks like a dodgy bugger!
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 24.12.14 15:46

PeterMac wrote:
Gaggzy wrote:
Uncanny ! !

Harry Potter and the Smelly Renault Scenic
Harry Potter and the Shocking Pink Bedroom
Harry Potter and the Rothley Towers Urn

Feliz Navidad, PeterM  -  I'll be raising the customary glass to my family's war heroes and will raise another to your Uncle Brian. . drinks
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 24.12.14 16:37

Gaggzy wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
Gaggzy wrote:
Uncanny ! !

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's No Stone left unturned

Harry Potter and the so far 36,000 Suspects bar 9

Harry Potter and ... oh let's blame it on HagridMan - he looks like a dodgy bugger!

DCI Redwood's new 'bewk'............ 'I did it, SYYYY Way'!.......... (ALL 'royalties' will be 'donated' to Madeleine's Fund)

DCI Wall's 'future' bewk, "The extremely strange 'mystery' of the NO stone 'turned' at the Grange'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Mom 25.12.14 4:13

@Tony Bennett wrote:
I wrote:    I can understand your wariness when members are clearly disrupting. However, I personally feel that the main posters here have missed the mark with certain posters. The shame in that is there could have been/be some very valuable discussion if the main posters/researchers/ moderators were not so elitist. Missed opportunities to explore and help sort out what really happened to Madeleine which is what this forum is supposed to be striving for.

YOU REPLYED:  Here are your allegations:

Allegations, no, only my opinions, you really are being defensive!  Which is exactly where the mark is missed again, just because my opinions differ than yours, it seems, you seem to want to discredit me.

1. That 'the main posters' here have 'missed the mark' with certain posters

2. 'Valuable discussion' has been lost because of this

3. The main posters AND the main researchers AND the Moderators AND the forum-owner are all 'elitist'

4. There have been missed opportunities to 'sort out' what really happened to Madeleine

5. Therefore the forum is not doing what it is supposed to be striving for.

That is quite a set of complaints about those who manage and contribute most often to the forum.

Not complaints, merely observations some of which other members have mentioned, from time to time, as a concern also.
By the way, I don't even know who the forum owner is nor do I care and I did not mention forum owner.  I also did not mention "too elitist". It is also my opinion, that you took what I did say out of context.  I merely meant that occasionally members get dismissed at the drop of a hat that may have valuable imput...  Geesh, what's up with you?

I reject each and every one of those allegations.

Reject all you'd like, I stand by my feelings and find it absurd and childish of you to call me out for absolutely no reason.

The continual rise of the numbers visiting the forum - tens of thousands every day - testifies against your allegations.

As does the number of new members joining - another 1,000 this year.

And the numbers of members regularly contributing - hundreds.

Here's one simple question for you. Please name me one specific topic that you suggest has not been properly discussed on here because the forum is 'too elitist'. Just one.

Wow, sounding a bit peremptory Tony (words related to elitist according to you).

I wrote that personally (in relationship to myself), I feel this way since when I joined I was not welcomed and my posts have basically been ignored since (surely not a coincidence).   Most likely because I stated different views than the majority of main posters/members. In a sense, ignoring others because they may have different (views, intellect, what have you) can be considered elitist behavior and that is what I was alluding to. That does not indicate, nor do I feel, that in general I think the mark has been missed on this forum or that the majority of the main posters/members (including yourself) are not doing a wonderful service to Madeleine for the most part.

Finally, the Merriam-Webster definition of 'elitist':

Tsk, tsk, tsk!  You, Tony Bennett, are being very defensive and condescending.  Surely, this is most unbecoming of a man with your intellect.

being or characteristic of a person who has an offensive air of superiority and tends to ignore or disdain anyone regarded as inferior

Example:   < the complacent, elitist attitude of the members at that suburban country club >

Synonyms aristocratic, elitist, high-hat, pernickety, potty, ritzy, snobby, snooty, snotty, toffee-nosed [chiefly British]

Related Words aloof, arrogant, bumptious, haughty, high-and-mighty, highfalutin (also hifalutin), high-handed, hoity-toity, huffish, huffy, imperious, lordly, overweening, peremptory, pompous, presumptuous, pretentious, supercilious, superior, toplofty (also topliftical), uppity; biggety (or biggity) [Southern & Midland], bigheaded, egoistic (also egoistical), egotistic (or egotistical), prideful, self-conceited, self-important, self-satisfied, smug, stuck-up, swelled-headed, swellheaded

UNQUOTE

But thanks for pointing out the offensive air and the related words, many of which certainly pertain to portions of your very own reply. I was actually hoping you would have a more genuinely inquisitive, understanding or kinder attitude but was afraid you'd go defensive...

Merry Christmas to all and I wish you a peaceful New Year!

Loving Mom

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.12.14 6:42

"Op Grange Remit

The support and expertise proffered by the Commissioner will be provided by the Homicide & Serious Crime Command - SCD1.

The activity, in the first instance, will be that of an ‘investigative review’. This will entail a review of the whole of the investigation(s) which have been conducted in to the circumstances of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

The focus of the review will be of the material held by three main stakeholders (and in the following order of primacy);

The Portuguese Law Enforcement agencies.
UK Law Enforcement agencies,
Other private investigative agencies/staff and organisations.

The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before.

It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter. Whilst ordinarily a review has no investigative remit whatsoever- the scale and extent of this enquiry cannot permit for such an approach. It will take too long to progress to any “action stage” if activity is given wholly and solely to a review process.

The ‘investigative review’ will be conducted with transparency, openness and thoroughness.

The work will be overseen through the Gold Group management structure, which will also manage the central relationships with other key stakeholders and provide continuing oversight and direction to the investigative remit.

(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)

Let's hear people's view on their interpretation of the above?

Is the emphasis on "as if an abduction" or "as if the crime (of abduction) occurred in the UK -- meaning investigative review will follow UK procedures?  
As in the nature of the crime as reported (abduction) was only used as refering to make the other point.  I tend to the belief it is the latter.  
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 25.12.14 11:04

"as if THE abduction occurred in the UK"

No ifs, NO buts .........................THE 'abduction'

Remit totally 'skewed' to emphasise 'THE 'abduction', as if there definitely WAS an 'abduction'

Absolutely NOT a scintilla of 'evidence' uncovered, in over a 3 1/2 YEARS 'investigation', that ANY, let alone, THE 'abduction', EVER 'occurred'!

And, THE, entire 38 strong police, full time, £10.7 MILLION 'investigation' based, solely, on:

Just the 'missing' child's two parents, the very LAST 'people' to 'see' her, 'alive', 'word, say so'!

Should of been, imo,

"as if AN abduction occurred in the UK"

"AN" 'abduction'
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 25.12.14 17:24

But why would they stupidly announce in the remit they were going in with a close mind?  It does not make sense.

If whitewash is the agenda they wouldn't want that known surely?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 25.12.14 19:48

aiyoyo wrote:
But why would they stupidly announce in the remit they were going in with a closed mind? It does not make sense.

Because the official script says that Madeleine was abducted - and from Rebekeh Brooks down to David Cameron down to Andy Redwood and Nicola Wall and down to the British public, everyone is expected to believe that

If whitewash is the agenda they wouldn't want that known surely?

On the contrary, if the official script says that Madeleine was abducted and that from Rebekeh Brooks down to David Cameron down to Andy Redwood and Nicola Wall and down to the British public, everyone is expected to believe that, then it makes total - 100% - sense to say: "Our remit is to investigate the abduction".

Who has challenged this remit?

The Members of the Metropolitan Police Committee? - NO

The Independent Police Complaints Commission? - NO

Andy Redwood? - NO

Nicola Wall? - NO

Anyone else apart from a few dozen people expressing their opinions on Madeleine McCann discussion forums? - NO

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 26.12.14 14:41

jeanmonroe wrote:"as if THE abduction occurred in the UK"

No ifs, NO buts .........................THE 'abduction'

But it was reported officially as a crime of "abduction" hence the term "the abduction".
No reason for the Police not to stick to the official term.
What will be appropriate as a term to state in the official document otherwise ?
As if the disappearance occurred in the UK?
As if the child went missing in the UK?
As if the incident occurred in the UK? What incident though?

You'd think when referencing the 'nature of the crime' on official document, the MET Police (and government authorities) to be politically correct had to use the "term' as lodged with the Police as being the official term.

Press and Media may be free to interchangably use words like 'disappearance' 'missing' 'murdered', this or that or the other when reporting developments of the case at changing point in time; but it would not be correct for Government Authorities to use any term freely and interchangably in official document.

Methinks the line "as if the abduction occurred in the UK" placed in parenthesis (as if an afterthought) is to emphasize the case would be treated as if occured in the UK to be applied UK procedures. Rather the term/nature of the crime "the abduction" is incidental to the latter half which is the significance. Otherwise, why the need to state that the investigative review will investigate the case "as if occurred in the UK" if not to specify explicitly the UK procedures will apply.

I cannot imagine Police would be stupid enough to announce they were going in not open minded and not objective minded, but fixated on being closed minded to investigate it only on "abduction" basis, even if they had been instructed to do that.

It's hard to believe the government can influence the MET Police to investigate this case to suit their agenda, and hard to believe that the MET Police will agree to cooperate unless it's something that will threaten or compromise national security. If if it's to cover up the 'P' angle as some seemed to believe, I can't see why the Police would want to help the Goverment in the cover up.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.12.14 14:59

I agree, aiyoyo.

In addition, I don't understand where the assumption that DCI Wall has accepted the same remit as described at the beginning of the review has come from.

Since then, the review has turned into an investigation which has uncovered who-knows-what? They've brought in a leading homicide officer to take over from Redwood. That doesn't mean we're not looking at a whitewash (I am so cynical about what goes on in this country I still think we are) but it is wrong to say Wall definitely is looking to find an abductor of a body, alive or dead, because we simply don't know that that is still the same remit.

They are hardly going to come out and tell the true perpetrators they are now looking for evidence which points to them. They won't announce anything publicly at all until the end.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 26.12.14 15:40

Dee Coy wrote:I agree, aiyoyo.

In addition, I don't understand where the assumption that DCI Wall has accepted the same remit as described at the beginning of the review has come from.

Since then, the review has turned into an investigation which has uncovered who-knows-what? They've brought in a leading homicide officer to take over from Redwood. That doesn't mean we're not looking at a whitewash (I am so cynical about what goes on in this country I still think we are) but it is wrong to say Wall definitely is looking to find an abductor of a body, alive or dead, because we simply don't know that that is still the same remit.

They are hardly going to come out and tell the true perpetrators they are now looking for evidence which points to them. They won't announce anything publicly at all until the end.

Technically it is correct to say DCI Wall inherits the Remit per se since it remains in situ.

Since I cannot agree DCI Redwood was sent out specifically to pin it on an abductor (to investigate "the abduction" as an official term yes, but to any old how pin it on a patsy, no, I dont believe that) therefore I can't agree DCI Wall was selected as follow up to catch the abductor. She inherited the investigation, yes, whatever it is.

The parenthesis in the remit is open to interpretation, and so that is subjective from person to person. No one person's interpretation can be said to be right or wrong, just their take on it.

Because of the length of time the investigative review has been running, and the systematic and thorough ways it had been done - numerous interviews, massive search involving logistics of manpower, resources, dogs and equipment and all that, I tend to believe the Grange is bona fide one. I may be naive and it may be a white wash, but a very costly search just does not go with white wash, not in my view anyway. If it is to find an illusive abductor without having to prosecute anyone, just make up any story will do, who's going to challenge or be able to disprove it ?

Look at the McCanns story, to prove it the MET Police would have to come up with "the abductor". Failing that, the abduction story does not hold water.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.12.14 16:15

Investigations can and do change directions all the time. Suspicious deaths sometimes tend to become murder enquiries, depending on what the police find.
IMO
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 26.12.14 21:05

ultimaThule wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
Gaggzy wrote:
Uncanny ! !

Harry Potter and the Smelly Renault Scenic
Harry Potter and the Shocking Pink Bedroom
Harry Potter and the Rothley Towers Urn

Feliz Navidad, PeterM  -  I'll be raising the customary glass to my family's war heroes and will raise another to your Uncle Brian. . drinks
Esther McVey, Mary Nightingale, Mrs. herself, all much of a muchness imo.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.12.14 13:14

Aiyoyo
'Look at the McCanns story, to prove it the MET Police would have to come up with "the abductor". Failing that, the abduction story does not hold water.'

(Erm, I'm still hacking around trying to find out how the forum software works, got snafooed again.)

Basically, I would agree with the gist of what you said, until you get to the point above.  The investigations to date have not come up with proof of anything, but clearly something untoward happened.  I don't see how SY can disprove an abductor unless they can prove an alternative. 

Not finding an abductor, if that is all you do, does not prove there is no abductor, merely that you didn't find the abductor.

We appear to hacking around on the proof-of-innocence concept v proof-of-guilt.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 27.12.14 13:47

Elça Craig wrote:Aiyoyo
'Look at the McCanns story, to prove it the MET Police would have to come up with "the abductor". Failing that, the abduction story does not hold water.'

(Erm, I'm still hacking around trying to find out how the forum software works, got snafooed again.)

Basically, I would agree with the gist of what you said, until you get to the point above.  The investigations to date have not come up with proof of anything, but clearly something untoward happened.  I don't see how SY can disprove an abductor unless they can prove an alternative. 

Not finding an abductor, if that is all you do, does not prove there is no abductor, merely that you didn't find the abductor.

Equally your argument applies to family and friends involvement except that all the evidence & indicators shows that synopsis holds more water. Whereas there is nothing that has ever shown an indication of an abductor apart from that which has been unequivocally discredited as false.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.12.14 13:52

Elça Craig wrote:Aiyoyo

You said it gal.

It all comes down to the remit and for a convenient whitewash, it could be said "we've looked around, it was definitely an abduction but after extensive investigation we don't know who the abductor is at this stage".

As for appearing to hack around on proof of innocence concept v proof of guilt - that's semantics isn't it?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13380

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 27.12.14 14:12

aquila wrote:
It all comes down to the remit and for a convenient whitewash, it could be said "we've looked around, it was definitely an abduction but after extensive investigation we don't know who the abductor is at this stage".

That is the bit I still have a problem with.
"We have looked around, and it was definitely an abduction.
The perp came in through the window, oh sorry, I meant the front door, oh no, the official version is the unlocked patio door, whilst Gerry and Jez were standing outside in the road, or probably just a few minutes after he left, and after Jez had schlepped around some more and gone out of the immediate area, and just before Tanner came past on her way back and before OB went to do his check and came back, . .
but sometime in that huge window of opportunity anyway.
We then think he went in, probably wearing surgical gloves and forensic scientists shoe covers, since no prints or marks were found, and administered sedative to all three children.   We are convinced this was a substance hitherto unknown to medical science, so we can't tell you what it was.
But Madeleine was a very special girl, everyone says so, and she was resistant to it, and screamed, though no one heard her, obviously, so he killed her, and then put her body behind the sofa, before moving it to the shelf in the wardrobe in the parent's room, whilst he hid for the next check, which he knew was timed for 5 minutes later, because as Kate said, he had been making notes, even though it had never been done at any time in the week leading up to this. .
And then, when the coast was clear, in the few minutes available to him, he took her away, again through the patio doors, and down the stairs, just in time to miss Kate, . . .

I am not sure if the Det Supt and Ch Supt are going to accept that.

It might just be dismissed as a load of
New DCI - Page 12 <a href=New DCI - Page 12 Bullas10" />
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16593

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.12.14 14:21

PeterMac wrote:
aquila wrote:

That is the bit I still have a problem with.
"We have looked around, and it was definitely an abduction.
The perp came in through the window, oh sorry, I meant the front door, oh no, the official version is the unlocked patio door, whilst Gerry and Jez were standing outside in the road, or probably just a few minutes after he left, and after Jez had schlepped around some more and gone out of the immediate area, and just before Tanner came past on her way back and before OB went to do his check and came back, . .
but sometime in that huge window of opportunity anyway.
We then think he went in, probably wearing surgical gloves and forensic scientists shoe covers, since no prints or marks were found, and administered sedative to all three children.   We are convinced this was a substance hitherto unknown to medical science, so we can't tell you what it was.
But Madeleine was a very special girl, everyone says so, and she was resistant to it, and screamed, though no one heard her, obviously, so he killed her, and then put her body behind the sofa, before moving it to the shelf in the wardrobe in the parent's room, whilst he hid for the next check, which he knew was timed for 5 minutes later, because as Kate said, he had been making notes, even though it had never been done at any time in the week leading up to this. .
And then, when the coast was clear, in the few minutes available to him, he took her away, again through the patio doors, and down the stairs, just in time to miss Kate, . . .

I am not sure if the Det Supt and Ch Supt are going to accept that.

It might just be dismissed as a load of
New DCI - Page 12 <a href=New DCI - Page 12 Bullas10" />
Peter, who is going to expose a possible cranky SY remit apart from a "handful" of people on the internet?

Do you honestly think SY is an independent body in this?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13380

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.12.14 19:21

DCI Wall looks a bit different now to earlier this year:

New DCI - Page 12 Imagejpeg

Photo: https://shininginluz.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/nicola-wall-earls-court-murder.jpg
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 27.12.14 19:34

Not sure if there is anything significant in the use of the term "abductor" rather than "kidnapper". Gerry was the first to use it and it has stuck. I think the term "kidnapper" implies a ransom, or it does in my mind. 

When SY started the investigation as an abduction, how did they know for sure that it wasn`t a kidnapping/ransom situation. They went back to zero after all.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

New DCI - Page 12 Empty @ Rogue-a-Tory

Post by Guest 27.12.14 21:24

"Equally your argument applies to family and friends involvement except that all the evidence & indicators shows that synopsis holds more water. Whereas there is nothing that has ever shown an indication of an abductor apart from that which has been unequivocally discredited as false."

This is very close but not a perfect 180.

You're definitely correct about possible involvement of non-abductors, ditto friends and family.  Where your aim strays is phrases like "all the evidence" and "holds more water".  You missed the mark entirely with "unequivocally discredited as false".

Abductor = false?  Distinctly possible, and I'm happy admit and agree that there may not have been an abductor. 

But all evidence of an abductor 100% discredited as false?  Sorry, that's a definite no.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum