The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Another look at the Last photo - Page 12 Mm11

Another look at the Last photo - Page 12 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Another look at the Last photo - Page 12 Mm11

Another look at the Last photo - Page 12 Regist10

Another look at the Last photo

Page 12 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another look at the Last photo - Page 12 Empty Re: Another look at the Last photo

Post by skyrocket 11.09.15 17:04

Not sure whether this has been discussed/clarified before - I have tried to read through posts but may have missed it!

It is really bugging me now.

Has anyone explained/does anyone know what is creating the perfect right angled cross shadow on GM's crotch area!

The group are supposed to be sat in the open. Can't figure it out.

Any answers?

Another look at the Last photo - Page 12 2_j12
skyrocket
skyrocket

Activity : 1537

Back to top Go down

Another look at the Last photo - Page 12 Empty Re: Another look at the Last photo

Post by Guest 11.09.15 17:33

Looks like the shorts' drawstring to me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 11.09.15 17:36

@Ladyinred

I think you may well be right - perhaps I need to invest in some glasses!

Cheers for putting me out of my misery so quickly!
skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 12.09.15 6:51

I think the photo looks like a very bad cut and paste job. As is so often the case with dodgy TM photos there is no cohesion within the group being photographed. Neither of the children are engaged with the photographer at all. Why not? Often the photographer will try to alert everyone's attention. Madeleine is seemingly engaged by something or someone off to the right whil Amelie looks into the pool. Despite the three seemingly sitting close together there is no interaction or engagement between them. No focus of attention which you tend to get with genuine group shots.

The only person engaging with the photographer is Gerry and imo his expression tells volumes. He moodily stares at the lens with a look that combines sullenness with what I think is desperation as he hides his eyes behind sunglasses.

This is not a happy holiday snap that is for sure. I wonder why Sean is not featured? . According to kate in her book all five of them were there so it is a somewhat strange omission. I presume that despite what kate and Gerry claim he was somewhere else at the day and time that photo was allegedly taken. And this may be verifiable by third parties.

So what was really happening at 2.29pm on that fateful Thursday? I dread to think.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 12.09.15 7:26

j.rob wrote:I think the photo looks like a very bad cut and paste job.

REPLY: Not to the majority of us here. And certainly not to two world-recognised photographic experts consulted by PeterMac. They were clear; there was not a trace of photoshopping on the 'Last Photo' - and both conducted forensic tests, e.g. on the shadows, which confirmed that this was a genuine photo with no photoshopping. Just like some did on the 'Playground Photo' thread, saying 'my eyes tell me this', or 'my eyes tell me that'. I don't think most of us need you to take us backwards, when by common consent this is a genuine photograph but with strong evidence that it may have been taken on the Sunday, or possibly the Monday. And that harmonises with other evidence about the events of that week.

As is so often the case with dodgy TM photos

REPLY: Who says there are lots of 'dodgy TM photos'? Only a handful of people who elevate the impressions of their eyes above all else. No convincing case has been made that ANY of the McCanns' photos have been photoshopped, though there are a considerable number of us who have still have major queries about the 'Tennis Balls Photo'  

there is no cohesion within the group being photographed. Neither of the children are engaged with the photographer at all. Why not? Often the photographer will try to alert everyone's attention. Madeleine is seemingly engaged by something or someone off to the right while Amelie looks into the pool. Despite the three seemingly sitting close together there is no interaction or engagement between them. No focus of attention which you tend to get with genuine group shots.

The only person engaging with the photographer is Gerry

REPLY: So all photographs have to have:
* 'cohesion within the group'?
* 'children being 'engaged with the photographer''?
* 'no interaction or engagement between people on the photograph''?
* 'no focus of attention'?
For a photograph to be 'genuine', in your view, it needs these features?
Sorry - but this is utter nonsense.

and imo his expression tells volumes. He moodily stares at the lens with a look that combines sullenness with what I think is desperation as he hides his eyes behind sunglasses. This is not a happy holiday snap that is for sure.

I wonder why Sean is not featured? According to Kate in her book all five of them were there so it is a somewhat strange omission. I presume that despite what kate and Gerry claim he was somewhere else at the day and time that photo was allegedly taken. And this may be verifiable by third parties.

REPLY:  Give me patience. Er...because he's out of shot somewhere. probably with Kate, who took the photograph. Look at the Playground Photo, and Amelia isn't on that. Again, so what? She is probably playing somewhere else.

So what was really happening at 2.29pm on that fateful Thursday? I dread to think.

REPLY: Clearly, if the Last Photo was taken on the Sunday, we don't know, because we haven't been told the truth about what the McCanns were doing at 2.29pm on 3rd May 

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.15 7:35

j.rob has been around this circle with us before.

It's boring.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 12.09.15 8:30

BlueBag wrote:j.rob has been around this circle with us before.

It's boring.
So if this was 'Just A Minute', he'd be ruled out for 'Repetition'? yes

AND 'Deviation'? yes

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 12.09.15 10:29

@j.rob - don't listen to them!

There are 2 camps here with the photoshopping argument - from all the posts, neither is in a particular minority I would hasten to add.

You and I are in one. You know the ones in the other.

I have (fair) comments to make but I have a feeling they will be moderated out - so how to get the point across, mmmmm?!

I am still waiting to see any 'expert' or 'forensic' evidence for us all to see and judge. That would end the discussion wouldn't it - simple. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong - but no one suitably qualified has answered all my doubts yet. I like to learn new skills. So basically, it's stalemate. But, that shouldn't negate anyone being allowed to express their opinions without the fear of, what comes across as but I accept may not be, a concerted verbal onslaught. The doubters don't appearing to be jumping down anyones throats.

Last line deleted.  Mod.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 12.09.15 10:40

skyrocket wrote:@j.rob - don't listen to them!

There are 2 camps here with the photoshopping argument - from all the posts, neither is in a particular minority I would hasten to add.

I have (fair) comments to make but I have a feeling they will be moderated out - so how to get the point across, mmmmm?!

I am still waiting to see any 'expert' or 'forensic' evidence for us all to see and judge. That would end the discussion wouldn't it - simple. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong - but no one suitably qualified has answered all my doubts yet. I like to learn new skills. So basically, it's stalemate. But, that shouldn't negate anyone being allowed to express their opinions without the fear of, what comes across as but I accept may not be, a concerted verbal onslaught. The doubters don't appearing to be jumping down anyones throats.

I think @j.rob, we will have to put with being ridiculed; patronised and having sarcasm thrown at us. I know what I call it.
Rational people who have been on this forum for a few years have seen all amount of argument/debate/disruption/wind-ups/reincarnations of those with multiple IP addresses who write in the same style.

I'm listening to this right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcCHRW8G9yY
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 12.09.15 10:53

@ Aquila

You've lost me. Don't get the link either. As the comment was dirctly linked to my comment could you just clarify. Thanks.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 12.09.15 10:58

skyrocket wrote:@ Aquila

You've lost me. Don't get the link either. As the comment was dirctly linked to my comment could you just clarify. Thanks
Post deleted.  Mod.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.15 11:01

skyrocket wrote:@j.rob - don't listen to them!

I think @j.rob, we will have to put with being ridiculed; patronised and having sarcasm thrown at us. I know what I call it.
No, skyrocket.  Fair comments will not be 'moderated out'.  Any posts which break forum rules will be edited.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.09.15 11:09

Posters - stay on topic otherwise posts will be deleted.  Ta.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 12.09.15 15:38

This was the response from an acknowledged expert
I am acknowleged NOT to be an expert, so I rely on those who are.

I have taken an initial look at the image.
The artifacts eluded to in the pdf document that you sent are simply JPEG compression artifacts
(as described here: http://www.fourandsix.com/blog/2011/6/29/that-looks-fake.html).
If you magnify other parts of the image you will see similar artifacts.
 I also performed a forensic analysis to determine if the lighting and the shadows on the people and background are consistent -- they are.
I see no other anomalies in the photo.
So, at first glance, I see no evidence of photo tampering. 

I will add that it is fairly easy to change dates in an image's metadata or for these dates to be wrong.
As such these dates should not be solely relied upon.

regards,
Professor
* * * * *  College
No reason why anyone else should agree with him, of course !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 12.09.15 16:01

@PeterMac

Thank you very much for that - very interesting. Much more concrete information. I think some of the problem may be that newcomers like myself may not always pick up on all of the info from previous threads, despite efforts to read through carefully. Heck of a lot has been said over the years.

A response such as yours above (content and manner) is what I'd hoped to receive. I feel like sending you one of these for restoring my faith  airkiss!
skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 12.09.15 17:24

skyrocket wrote:@PeterMac
Thank you very much for that - very interesting. Much more concrete information. I think some of the problem may be that newcomers like myself may not always pick up on all of the info from previous threads, despite efforts to read through carefully. Heck of a lot has been said over the years.
A response such as yours above (content and manner) is what I'd hoped to receive. I feel like sending you one of these for restoring my faith  airkiss!

Another issue is that this is the first time I have published that particular response on the forum.
Much has been done over the past 8 years away from the forum for obvious reasons, and has been sent to Grange, the PJ and Dr Amaral, amongst others.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 12.09.15 17:26

PeterMac wrote:

Another issue is that this is the first time I have published that particular response on the forum.
Much has been done over the past 8 years away from the forum for obvious reasons, and has been sent to Grange, the PJ and Dr Amaral, amongst others.
thumbup

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 12.09.15 17:48

@ PeterMac

Well I am appreciative that you have posted it now and I fully understand that some information is best kept under wraps.
skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 12.09.15 20:16

This subject has been broached numerous times in the past and repeated on occasions in more recent times, since you joined the forum.  Reasons have been given as to why the content of 'last photograph' is considered to be authentic and that includes due deference to PeterMac, by Tony Bennett if I remember correctly, for consulting the expertise of one or more professionals.  The information posted by PeterMac today, although understandably not before confirmed by source, has been related as you will be aware if, as you say, you have skimmed through the threads.  Can't be sure off the top of my head but I believe Tony Bennett actually replied to one of your posts to this effect.

Still, no matter, just as long as you now understand the status quo and can perhaps focus on the more important issue of when the photograph was taken and why so much emphasis has been placed on the date and time by team McCann.  Now that is interesting!

ETA:  The vertical line on GM's crotch that you questioned is, I believe, his dongler!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket 12.09.15 22:38

@Verdi - yes, @Ladyinred came to the same conclusion re: the vertical line/cross! Thank you for that.

Re: the photographic experts info from @PeterMac - I prefer to make my own decisions about things and this helped a lot. As I stated, I'm very grateful for his post earlier. Yes TB did bring up the point of the experts but it was rather a case of this is how it is, accept it.

I agree, the fact that TM felt it necessary to stress the time and date is very intriguing, but can I just add that one person's perception of status quo is not always anothers.

Re: 'Just as long as you now understand' now let me see, do I - come on, you can't be serious! big grin
skyrocket
skyrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 12.09.15 23:45

skyrocket wrote:@Verdi - yes, @Ladyinred came to the same conclusion re: the vertical line/cross! Thank you for that.

Re: the photographic experts info from @PeterMac - I prefer to make my own decisions about things and this helped a lot. As I stated, I'm very grateful for his post earlier. Yes TB did bring up the point of the experts but it was rather a case of this is how it is, accept it.

I agree, the fact that TM felt it necessary to stress the time and date is very intriguing, but can I just add that one person's perception of status quo is not always anothers.

Re: 'Just as long as you now understand' now let me see, do I - come on, you can't be serious! big grin
So let me see, you're not prepared to listen to a well respected member of this forum who is passing on information from another well respected forum member who is passing on information from a professional - yet, despite being very interested in the professional opinion of the expert now provided by the well respected member of this forum, you still prefer to make up your own mind?  Have I got that right?

That actually explains a hell of a lot!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 13.09.15 0:52

Back on topic, can I ask if there is a version of the last photo which shows Madeleine's hand as well as her arm?

The reason I ask is that on the tennis ball photo, taken earlier in the week, she had what is described as a localised sunburn quite visible on her wrist/forearm area.  So this should show up on the (later) pool photo.    Before anyone points out that this is the other arm, I have been told that the tennis picture has been shown facing the other way in I think it was Dutch newspapers.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 13.09.15 4:32

The last photo.  Both Gerry and Amelie have tans and look like they have spent time in the sun, and they look very hot and sweaty.   But Maddie has quite a cool look about her and she is very pale .

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 13.09.15 7:31

ROSA wrote:The last photo.  Both Gerry and Amelie have tans and look like they have spent time in the sun, and they look very hot and sweaty.   But Maddie has quite a cool look about her and she is very pale .
@ ROSA     I am sorry to be blunt and no doubt appear rude, but this is more utter rubbish, again from someone who thinks this is 'what my eyes tell me'.

I think it would be a good idea if you had a thorough look at the 'Last Photo' threads on here before commenting further. If you did, there you would find images of Gerry McCann which clearly contrast his relatively untanned look on this photograph with him looking much more tanned at the end of the week.

That is just one of several clear lines of evidence suggesting that the 'Last Photo' might have been taken earlier in the week.

I disagree with your interpretation of how pale/suntanned each person looks in the Last Photo, but that is not the point.

A world-recognised expert on photographs and photoshopping has ruled, after conducting forensic tests on the photograph, that it is genuine, one of the main reasons being that the short shadows on the three individuals are 100% consistent with each other in length and direction, in a way that is impossible to fake. The same goes for all the other shadows in the Last Photo.

Any moment now you will morph into missbeetle and say 'Maddie wasn't there that week'.

Incidentally, where is missbeetle? She hasn't been back to explain why she thinks, against the evidence, that Madeleine wasn't in Praia da Luz that week.

@ missbeetle

Hall-ooooooo???

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 13.09.15 7:53

I read that the photo is genuine and I believe it is and yes, I believe Madeleine was 100% in Praia da Luz.

And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top