The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 14 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 14 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 14 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 14 Regist10

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 14 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Justformaddie 08.07.14 16:10

tasprin wrote:
plebgate wrote:
canada12 wrote:I don't actually think the fact (if it is a fact) that Sean mentioned something from GA's book to his mother counts as extreme distress, disharmony or whatever else the McCanns are suing for. If Sean had then gone on to have serious emotional issues, or had failing grades in school, or something like that, then perhaps Kate might have a slim case in suggesting GA's book has led to problems for her kids. As it stands, I do believe if she's going to make statements about her children, she'd really need to back those up by allowing the kids to testify about their emotional states. Otherwise it's just hearsay, and very weak hearsay (IMO). So really it can only be about Kate and Gerry's emotional states as a result of GA's book, and so far I haven't read or seen anything that convinces me they're suffering. I'm hoping the judge is perceptive enough to come to the same conclusion.
A child pyschologist's report would have helped a lot more than hearsay evidence imo.

Yes psychological assessments, medical or school reports would have carried some weight but, in interviews, they've always insisted the twins are fine.
Considering the pj never got maddies medical records when at a crucial time when needed, could you imagine any files being given now? Then again, if it involves money.... IMO

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 14 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Guest 08.07.14 16:11

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
worriedmum wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
"We don't know if Madeleine is alive or dead but there is no evidence that she is dead and she is a missing child and she is completely innocent."

??????????????????????

Sticks out a mile doesn't it. What a crashing, jarring comment.

Funnily enough I was party to a strange conversation at work (yes, I do, now and again...) last night.

A colleague is travelling to Lisbon for the Optimus festival. Another colleague said that she would never visit Portugal because of "what happened to that little girl". She then added after a few seconds "Even though the mother did it".

A mother would obvious be a SHE, wouldn't she?

Food for thought
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 08.07.14 16:11

Also, why would Sean assume it's Kate ALONE Amaral referred to in his book? What about Gerry? This reminds me of the crying episode which once again was allegedly aimed at Kate.

Why Kate?
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 08.07.14 16:14

Gerry keeps picking his nose when talking to people I wonder if he is farting , out of fear of getting caught for telling lies ? The pair of them are greedy , hideous , liars who have no shame whatsoever hence the mention of their young child asking them questions . I wonder if the vile pair told their children they were left on their own while they went out with their friends ? Dr Amarals book has not caused them any problems unless they look at it as a problem when people round the world know and realise these two creatures left under 4 year old children on their own , and never bothered to look for the missing child while the good people of Portugal were out looking !
Iamtheseeker

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob 08.07.14 16:14

Why would Kate mention 'the school bus?' I would imagine that the gruesome twosome managed to ensure the topic of speculation about what had happened to Madeleine was banned at the twins' school. But of course they cannot ban what children say outside the school gates. Or even, possibly, what children say on a school bus on a trip somewhere. What will the do to any children who voice an opinion that is not in line with the McCann version of events? Sue them?

If there is speculation about what May have happened to Madeleine and it reaches the ears of the twins then that is the responsibility of the McCanns. If their consciences were entirely clear they would not have had to sue and gag people. They could hold their heads high and be entirely candid and honest with their surviving children. 

And Gerry would be able to state, with complete sincerity and conviction: 'Kate and I are completely innocent.'

Rather than: 'Madeleine is completely innocent.'

But who suggested she wasn't? Her innocence has never been questioned, unlike yours.

The pair are showing signs of delusion. Rather like King Canute, they simply cannot accept that they cannot control the tide.

(Ah, I see he is supposed to have heard on a radio news bulletin - this allegation would tie in with The pair's obsessive compulsion to control what is written in the press.)
 shark
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly-flop 08.07.14 16:17

Posted an hour ago on the OFM Facebook page -

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 14 1011425_10151668086229931_907703886_n
Official Find Madeleine Campaign
about an hour ago
Why do we continue?
There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madeleine has been harmed.
Madeleine is still missing and someone needs to be looking for her.
She is young and vulnerable and needs our help.
We love her dearly and miss her beyond words.

We still need your help in finding Madeleine. Thank you for continuing to stand by our side and most of all, for caring so much about Madeleine.

~FM Webmaster
Tilly-flop
Tilly-flop

Activity : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 16:20

jeanmonroe wrote:Just a 'thought'

WAS GM's 'mention' of a 'SHE' outside court subliminally, specifically, aimed at JT?

SHE was 'supposed' to have been the last one of the holiday gang to have 'seen Madeleine being carried off'

And she's not a liar or fantasist is she?

The McCanns would throw her under the bus, in an instant, wouldn't they?

(to 'save' their scrawny necks)

"SHE was the last one to see Madeleine, not me, m'lady" 'says' GM.

"I had gone back to the tapas, i don't know what Jane did, she said she was going to check her kids, but i can't truthfully swear. 100%, that was what she did m'lady'

"KEEP YOUR GOB SHUT, J!"?

hmmmmm  thinking 

Who told AR/SY where to dig?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 08.07.14 16:20

"someone needs to look out for her"? what about the pair of you doing it kate and Gerry ? Have ye not collected enough money from good hearted people round the world? Or was it just to pay your mortgages and hiring a professional liar and dodgy "detectives" ?
 big grin
Iamtheseeker

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 08.07.14 16:22

Tilly-flop wrote:Posted an hour ago on the OFM Facebook page -

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 14 1011425_10151668086229931_907703886_n
about an hour ago
Why do we continue?

We still need your help in finding Madeleine. Thank you for continuing to stand by our side and most of all, for caring so much about Madeleine.

~FM Webmaster
But Operation Grange is looking for evidence of someone that has been harmed...unless the FM Webmaster knows the score.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 16:22

Cristobell wrote:
canada12 wrote:I don't actually think the fact (if it is a fact) that Sean mentioned something from GA's book to his mother counts as extreme distress, disharmony or whatever else the McCanns are suing for. If Sean had then gone on to have serious emotional issues, or had failing grades in school, or something like that, then perhaps Kate might have a slim case in suggesting GA's book has led to problems for her kids. As it stands, I do believe if she's going to make statements about her children, she'd really need to back those up by allowing the kids to testify about their emotional states. Otherwise it's just hearsay, and very weak hearsay (IMO). So really it can only be about Kate and Gerry's emotional states as a result of GA's book, and so far I haven't read or seen anything that convinces me they're suffering. I'm hoping the judge is perceptive enough to come to the same conclusion.
I agree, what Sean said is hardly worth a million quid compensation.

Unless the Judge has been living on another planet, she will be fully aware of the McCann publicity machine and the thousands of headlines that have followed this case.  Trying to pin their distress down to the theory of Goncalo Amaral is ridiculous.  The groups and forums started long before Goncalo's book was released, and if indeed the 'search' was damaged, it was because of their arguido status and the release of the official police files.

I don't see any way they can win.

I don't think that they expect to win.

When Gerry first appeared in court demanding to be heard, he knew it was too late.

Despite the requests and appeals, I don't think that the McCanns wanted, or were expecting to be allowed, to make these statements. I think that it was a ploy for sympathy for when they lose. Something along the lines of look at us the poor parents gagged at our own libel trial.

I wonder whether Mr Amaral's insistence that he too wanted to make a statement was also a bluff intended to push the McCanns into appealing to be heard making it impossible for them to back down.

It's possible that by delaying the trial by sacking his lawyer then forcing the McCanns onto the stand to be questioned under oath Mr Amaral has been playing the couple like a finely tuned stradivarius violin 

Obviously, just purporting a theory  winkwink 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 16:25

about an hour ago
Why do we continue?

~FM Webmaster

What? Nothing to suggest she has been harmed? Not even the fact that nobody has seen her alive for seven years? What "harmless" lifestyle do they imagine Madeleine is now enjoying? And if she really has come to no harm at all, why should anyone look out for her? After all, she's living happily with people she thinks of as parents and has suffered no harmful feeling of loss or fear, let alone harmful abuse. Why not leave her with the people who've taken such excellent care of her for the past seven years and stop wasting money that would be better spent by our cash-strapped social services on people who really do need help?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 16:26

ShuBob wrote:Is Kate effectively saying that up until October last year, Amaral's book hadn't had any ill effect on Sean and Amelie so adding them to the list of litigants in 2010 was disingenuous at best?

Good observation
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 16:27

Silverspeed wrote:

big grin Did you ask her why she thought the mother was responsible Clay?

I tend to keep quiet about my interest in the case where work colleagues are concerned. That way if the subject ever does come up I've got a good idea what the man in the street is thinking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 08.07.14 16:31

Poe wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
I agree, what Sean said is hardly worth a million quid compensation.

Unless the Judge has been living on another planet, she will be fully aware of the McCann publicity machine and the thousands of headlines that have followed this case.  Trying to pin their distress down to the theory of Goncalo Amaral is ridiculous.  The groups and forums started long before Goncalo's book was released, and if indeed the 'search' was damaged, it was because of their arguido status and the release of the official police files.

I don't see any way they can win.

I don't think that they expect to win.

When Gerry first appeared in court demanding to be heard, he knew it was too late.

Despite the requests and appeals, I don't think that the McCanns wanted, or were expecting to be allowed, to make these statements. I think that it was a ploy for sympathy for when they lose. Something along the lines of look at us the poor parents gagged at our own libel trial.

I wonder whether Mr Amaral's insistence that he too wanted to make a statement was also a bluff intended to push the McCanns into appealing to be heard making it impossible for them to back down.

It's possible that by delaying the trial by sacking his lawyer then forcing the McCanns onto the stand to be questioned under oath Mr Amaral has been playing the couple like a finely tuned stradivarius violin 

Obviously, just purporting a theory  winkwink 
I agree Poe, this was about damage limitation.  The McCanns are facing ruin, especially as they still have to pay for the lost book banning trials. 

I'm not really sure how the Judge can award them £1m+ in damages while the book remains on sale.  And that won't change, they lost the final book banning trial in the Portuguese Supreme Court, so the 'damage' will continue, whether the McCanns win or not.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 08.07.14 16:32

about an hour ago
Why do we continue?

~FM Webmaster

That message is not even new, they've just copied it word for word from a message they put on their website 3 years ago
Perhaps it was easier to do a cut and paste job today:

EXPRESS 2011

On the website they state: “There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madeleine has been harmed.

She is very young and vulnerable and needs our help.

We love her dearly and miss her beyond words.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/288125/Madeleine-McCann-Police-say-we-re-making-progress
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 16:34

ultimaThule wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:Irish newspaper just reported this:

Kate McCann tells libel trial of moment son asked about police chief's claims she hid Madeleine

Jul 08, 2014 12:02 By Paul Byrne

Kate and Gerry are suing Goncalo Amaral, the ex cop who wrote a book about the disappearance of their daughter, writes Paul Byrne in Lisbon

Kate McCann told a Portuguese court today how one of her twin children had asked her about claims she had hidden Madeleine.

Kate and Gerry are suing Goncalo Amaral, the ex cop who wrote a book about the disappearance of their daughter.

He claimed Madeleine had died in their holiday apartment and Kate and Gerry had covered up her death.

At the libel trial in Lisbon today, Kate spent 55 emotional minutes detailing the distress the book and follow-up TV documentary had caused them.

And she revealed the details of his outrageous claims had even reached their nine-year-old young children.

She said: “Sean asked me in October last year: 'Mr Amaral said you hid Madeleine, didn’t he?’

“I just said ‘he did, and he has said a lot of silly things.”

She said her son had heard abut the contents of the book on a radio news bulletin as he travelled on his school bus.

Kate, wearing a black and pink floral dress, also told of the devastating effects the book had had on their family.

She said: “I believe after the book things got worse and were compounded because we were in a more desperate situation and felt defeated.”

As she finished her evidence Kate, 46, said: “I do believe in freedom of speech, but I don’t believe freedom of speech means the freedom to slander.”

Madeleine, who was nearly four, disappeared from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3 2007.

Her parents say Amaral’s false allegations damaged the hunt for their daughter and increased their anguish.

But the former cop, 56, insists everything written in the book was already contained in the public police and court case files.

The hearing continues.

I'm curious as to the radio news bulletin Sean heard while travilling 'on his school bus' as I haven't heard any of these brief announcements which have mentioned 'the contents' of 'The Truth of the Lie' in any great detail and every one I've listened to has devoted far more airtime to the McCanns' claims than those of Dr Amaral.  

Pending a transcript of every word KM said in court today, IMO the defence should ask for the date and time of this radio bulletin and request an adjournment in order to obtain a copy in order that they can address this late submission of specific verbal evidence pertaining to the McCanns' claim on behalf of the twins in closing arguments.  

As the twins are long past the age of magical thinking, I am concerned that Sean's question was dismissed in a one-sentence reply which appears to have taken no account of his fears or feelings about his elder sister having allegedly been 'hidden' by his mother (or parents) and which did nothing to provide him with information he could rely on when/if he was questioned by his peers at a later date.

I look forward to Hobs analysis of the  transcript of today's court proceedings in due course and, in passing, I find it significant that KM has apparently used the word 'slander' for that which should more properly be termed 'defamation' or 'libel'.

Your concern does you credit. Another example of cavalier dismissal of a childs' anxieties ('Why didn't you come when Sean and I were crying' another shining example of a childs' worried question being dusted off)

Very notably: the question was answered with a derisory remark about dr GA, but NOT WITH A DENIAL of the alleged allegation of having killed (first rendition) hidden the little boys sibling
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 08.07.14 16:36

In any case Sean's question seems to have been resolved by his mother's answer that Amaral has said a lot of  silly things. From that response it doesn't sound as though Sean was traumatised does it?

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 08.07.14 16:37

I notice GM was not letting Mrs get a word in edgeways on the steps of the court today, after her last episode who can blame him, but there again, he digs a hole big enough for the both of them

And his comment regarding the hecklers "fighting a losing battle" probably speaks volumes as to what he was really thinking (imo)

He has the nerve to state on the OFMC  Why do we continue?

~FM Webmaster

Here's your answers Gerry-

there is evidence of a death in the apartment - as per dog

YOU should be looking for Madeleine - oh but you can't do that and scrounge money can you?
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 08.07.14 16:40

Dont Make Me Laff wrote:I notice GM was not letting Mrs get a word in edgeways on the steps of the court today, after her last episode who can blame him, but there again, he digs a hole big enough for the both of them

And his comment regarding the hecklers "fighting a losing battle" probably speaks volumes as to what he was really thinking (imo)

He has the nerve to state on the OFMC  Why do we continue?

~FM Webmaster

Here's your answers Gerry-

there is evidence of a death in the apartment - as per dog

YOU should be looking for Madeleine - oh but you can't do that and scrounge money can you?

They didn't make any effort with that FB post DMML. It's a cut and paste message from 2011
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 08.07.14 16:47

http://news.sky.com/story/1296995/mccanns-son-asked-about-madeleine-claims

I would love to be able to tell what the heckling in the background is saying whatever they are shouting it has clearly rattled Gerry
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 08.07.14 16:47

Lazy beggars - just copy and pasting ... For goodness sake, is that all they can muster?
So would I love to hear what is being shouted - hahahha 
A few pages back someone posted that the McCs have always stated that the twins are fine. I actually find that to be pretty disturbing, since I could not imagine them being Fine and hardly affected or not showing fear or anxiousness or sadness about their missing sister. I think she would have been better off stating that the twins are very upset and having counselling etc, It probably would have given them weight to their claim. I remember that docu where KM asks what's your sister's name and Sean says Amalie and KM has to prompt him into remembering Madeleine - all very odd.
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 16:53

Just home so have missed most of this thread so far. From.a quick glance at the news I see Mrs has been telling some porkies. Has it been postponed again?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 08.07.14 16:56

ultimaThule wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:Irish newspaper just reported this:

Kate McCann tells libel trial of moment son asked about police chief's claims she hid Madeleine

Jul 08, 2014 12:02 By Paul Byrne

Kate and Gerry are suing Goncalo Amaral, the ex cop who wrote a book about the disappearance of their daughter, writes Paul Byrne in Lisbon

Kate McCann told a Portuguese court today how one of her twin children had asked her about claims she had hidden Madeleine.

Kate and Gerry are suing Goncalo Amaral, the ex cop who wrote a book about the disappearance of their daughter.

He claimed Madeleine had died in their holiday apartment and Kate and Gerry had covered up her death.

At the libel trial in Lisbon today, Kate spent 55 emotional minutes detailing the distress the book and follow-up TV documentary had caused them.

And she revealed the details of his outrageous claims had even reached their nine-year-old young children.

She said: “Sean asked me in October last year: 'Mr Amaral said you hid Madeleine, didn’t he?’

“I just said ‘he did, and he has said a lot of silly things.”

She said her son had heard abut the contents of the book on a radio news bulletin as he travelled on his school bus.

Kate, wearing a black and pink floral dress, also told of the devastating effects the book had had on their family.

She said: “I believe after the book things got worse and were compounded because we were in a more desperate situation and felt defeated.”

As she finished her evidence Kate, 46, said: “I do believe in freedom of speech, but I don’t believe freedom of speech means the freedom to slander.”

Madeleine, who was nearly four, disappeared from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3 2007.

Her parents say Amaral’s false allegations damaged the hunt for their daughter and increased their anguish.

But the former cop, 56, insists everything written in the book was already contained in the public police and court case files.

The hearing continues.

I'm curious as to the radio news bulletin Sean heard while travilling 'on his school bus' as I haven't heard any of these brief announcements which have mentioned 'the contents' of 'The Truth of the Lie' in any great detail and every one I've listened to has devoted far more airtime to the McCanns' claims than those of Dr Amaral.  

Pending a transcript of every word KM said in court today, IMO the defence should ask for the date and time of this radio bulletin and request an adjournment in order to obtain a copy in order that they can address this late submission of specific verbal evidence pertaining to the McCanns' claim on behalf of the twins in closing arguments.  

As the twins are long past the age of magical thinking, I am concerned that Sean's question was dismissed in a one-sentence reply which appears to have taken no account of his fears or feelings about his elder sister having allegedly been 'hidden' by his mother (or parents) and which did nothing to provide him with information he could rely on when/if he was questioned by his peers at a later date.

I look forward to Hobs analysis of the  transcript of today's court proceedings in due course and, in passing, I find it significant that KM has apparently used the word 'slander' for that which should more properly be termed 'defamation' or 'libel'.

Kate said it was October so it was probably around the Crimewatch prog - news items may have mentioned it. Busdrivers probably listen to Radio 2 - so around the time the school bus would be travelling would be The Chris Evans Breakfast Show in the morning and Steve Wright In The Afternoon - have checked but they`re not available anymore.  I expect they have news bulletins on the hour and half hour.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by scotclogs 08.07.14 16:58

Tangled Web wrote:I think it's fantastic that we have this forum (and others) and Facebook groups all seeking justice for Madeleine and some even flying to Portugal to show support for her clapping 

It's good to know that so many of us instinctively want to protect children. If only this could be said for everyone  sad 

I agree with you it is fantastic high5

Activity : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 08.07.14 16:59

Dont Make Me Laff wrote:A few pages back someone posted that the McCs have always stated that the twins are fine. I actually find that to be pretty disturbing, since I could not imagine them being Fine and hardly affected or not showing fear or anxiousness or sadness about their missing sister. I think she would have been better off stating that the twins are very upset and having counselling etc, It probably would have given them weight to their claim. I remember that docu where KM asks what's your sister's name and Sean says Amalie and KN has to prompt him into remembering Madeleine - all very odd.

To the bold. That isn't very odd at all. I would say the vast majority wouldn't remember much of anything aged 2 years. I certainly don't.

Their problems will start when they are old enough to start understanding what they read. Then confusion and many questions will follow.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top