The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 11 Mm11

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 11 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 11 Mm11

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 11 Regist10

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 11 Empty Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by stargazer59 01.07.14 17:37

Woofer wrote:
stargazer59 wrote:
worriedmum wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
worriedmum wrote:Twitter seems to imply that it could be the arguido without the lawyer-he can't be questioned unless he has one...

As I understand it,  any arguido or arguido can be questioned if they choose to forego the services of a lawyer, wm
Thanks UT....
i think the guy from the BBC tweeted that he has mental health issues so must have a lawyer present

I would have thought, not just a lawyer, but a mental health advocate - that`s what happens in UK (well it did when I was working in mental health).
wonder if its the young guy who stabbed the woman a few weeks ago, said he killed Maddie?
stargazer59

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 11 Empty Re: Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed

Post by Guest 01.07.14 17:39

Tigger: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/amanda-knox-alibi-threatened-as-raffaele-sollecito-abandons-her-in-new-defence-strategy-9576418.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 11 Empty Changing story !

Post by PeterMac 01.07.14 17:46

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2676481/Has-Sollecito-INCRIMINATED-Amanda-Knox-death-Meredith-Kercher-He-changes-story-deny-ex-lover-night-British-girl-killed.html

Has Sollecito INCRIMINATED Amanda Knox over the death of Meredith Kercher? He changes his story to deny his ex-lover was with him on the night British girl was killed
Sollecito and Knox reconvicted of Meredith Kercher's murder in January
Amanda Knox's defence rests heavily on Raffaele Sollecito being her alibi
She claims that on the night Kercher was killed, she was at his flat
Sollecito has now said that there are 'anomalies' in Knox's story

I read of another case where the main suspects changed their stories, some within the first few days, and then their main alibi witness was also shown to have been, at best, "mistaken"
I can't just bring the other details to mind . . . !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16590

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 01.07.14 17:55

PeterMac wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2676481/Has-Sollecito-INCRIMINATED-Amanda-Knox-death-Meredith-Kercher-He-changes-story-deny-ex-lover-night-British-girl-killed.html

Has Sollecito INCRIMINATED Amanda Knox over the death of Meredith Kercher? He changes his story to deny his ex-lover was with him on the night British girl was killed
Sollecito and Knox reconvicted of Meredith Kercher's murder in January
Amanda Knox's defence rests heavily on Raffaele Sollecito being her alibi
She claims that on the night Kercher was killed, she was at his flat
Sollecito has now said that there are 'anomalies' in Knox's story

I read of another case where the main suspects changed their stories, some within the first few days, and then their main alibi witness was also shown to have been, at best, "mistaken"

That's because you've got 'sushi' on your head mind!     winkwink winkwink
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 01.07.14 18:15

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/75963000/jpg/_75963763_75963762.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28101400
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 01.07.14 18:32

PeterMac wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2676481/Has-Sollecito-INCRIMINATED-Amanda-Knox-death-Meredith-Kercher-He-changes-story-deny-ex-lover-night-British-girl-killed.html
< snip >

The prospect of a long stretch tends to have a profound effect which has led to many turning Queen's,  PeterM, and Sollecito may be looking to get out of jail while he's still young enough to enjoy life on the oustide.

Fortunately, he doesn't have children to worry about or properties to maintain, nor is it likely that he'll be required to repay a very large sum to a newspaper proprietor but, nevertheless,  it' seems he's received sound counsel on the advantages of telling the truth even at this late stage and, given the wider public's short term memory, he may come to be lauded for doing so
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.07.14 18:37

Will Sollecito's change of story make any difference to his sentence, as he's already been tried and found guilty?

Of course, he could be lying.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldrick 01.07.14 18:40

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2676763/Four-suspects-arrive-Portuguese-police-station-questioning-British-police-investigating-disappearance-Madeleine-McCann.html
Baldrick

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 01.07.14 18:44

Mentioned this on Twitter thread too (read up from the bottom):

Dominic Hurst @DominicHurst  ·  7m
On Sergey Malinka Robert Murat added: "He's a good professional and a hard worker. He is a nice lad."

Dominic Hurst @DominicHurst  ·  8m
Robert Murat also told me on Sergey Malinka: "They've talked to him before in 2007 so why are they talking to him again."

Dominic Hurst @DominicHurst  ·  11m
Sergey Malinka a suspect in #McCann: Robert Murat just told me: "It's absolutely ridiculous. It makes no sense."

Dominic Hurst @DominicHurst  ·  27m
Two sources told BBC that Sergey Malinka is a suspect in #MadeleineMcCann inquiry. He was questioned today. #mccann
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchgirl 01.07.14 18:47

Sorry guys this article is in a bit of a mess tried to neaten it up - struggling for some reason? 

Four suspects arrive at Portuguese police station for questioning before British police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

• The suspects have now arrived at Faro Police Station on the Algarve
  • Said to be three Portuguese nationals and a Russian computer expert

• Will be questioned by local police in presence of British officers

• Scotland Yard officers arrived at the police station earlier today
  • Questioning in the case is expected to last until Friday

By Gerard Couzens
Published: 16:27 GMT, 1 July 2014  | Updated: 17:23 GMT, 1 July 2014

•    

Four suspects have arrived at Faro Police station on the Algarve for questioning over the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
The suspects, set to be quizzed by local police in the presence of Scotland Yard officers, are said to be three Portuguese nationals and Russian computer expert Sergey Malinka, whose Praia da Luz home was searched by police shortly after Madeleine went missing in May 2007.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood arrived just before 9am today to lead a team of around half a dozen Scotland Yard officers in.

Suspects who are to be questioned over the disappearance of Madeleine McCann arrive at the police station in Faro

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 11 Article-2676763-1F4DFA1200000578-84_634x423

+7
The suspects are set to be quizzed by local police in the presence of Scotland Yard officers

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 11 Article-2676763-1F4DF99400000578-448_634x411

The police questioning of the suspects and witnesses is expected to last until Friday

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 11 Article-2676763-1D9E5C2300000578-726_634x458

Madeleine, then aged three went missing from the Ocean Club resort in May 2007

He declined to make any comment as he walked the short distance from his rental car to a back entrance into the station near the town marina.

More...

• Four suspects in disappearance of Madeleine McCann set to be questioned by Portuguese police today after request from British officers
  • 'It reinforces our belief that she could be alive': Madeleine McCann's parents are positive after no evidence is found of her death so far in new investigation

A transit van with colleagues inside drove straight through the back gate into a covered car park sealed off from public view.
Mr Malinka, one of the suspects, told a Portuguese paper which named him today as one of the four so-called arguidos: 'I'm going to have to talk first with my lawyer.'
Eight other people, thought to be mainly former workers at the Ocean Club holiday resort where Madeleine McCann vanished during a family holiday, are also due to be questioned as witnesses.
The police questioning is expected to last until Friday.

British police officers, pictured, are also in Faro where they will observe the questioning being carried out by local police

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 11 Article-2676763-1F4DFA0D00000578-591_634x397

Scotland Yard are working on the theory burglars killed Madeleine during a bungled break-in while her parents ate tapas nearby with friends

It comes less than three weeks after police dug up waste land near the Ocean Club and inspected sewers using a hi-tech camera over nearly a fortnight in a grim search for Madeleine's body.
The search and this week's police quizzes have happened at the request by Operation Grange detectives leading the British hunt for Madeleine.
Scotland Yard are working on the theory burglars killed Madeleine during a bungled break-in while her parents ate tapas nearby with friends - and then buried her body on waste ground in the resort.
Portuguese papers claimed this morning the witnesses and suspects identified by the British police are of no interest to the Portuguese police, who believe Madeleine was snatched by a foreigner no longer in the country.
Daily Jornal de Noticias said British police had brought sniffer dogs used in the Praia da Luz ground searches earlier this month back to Portugal with them - but it was not clear if new searches would be conducted.

Breaking News on Sky News - SY back in PDL suspects to be interviewed - Page 11 Article-2676763-1F4DFAF300000578-847_634x360

British Police officers who have arrived in Faro. This week's police quizzes have happened at the request by Operation Grange detectives leading the British hunt for Madeleine

Mr Malinka was quizzed first time round but not made an arguido at that time. He has previously denied any role in the youngster's disappearance.
He is an acquaintance of Robert Murat, who had also been an arguido but ceased to be a suspect in July 2008.

Mr Malinka said in 2007 when computers and computer disks were taken from his home during searches: 'The disappearance of a child is always difficult. No parent would want any of that to happen to anyone.
'So I wish and truly hope that Madeleine will be found and returned to her parents.
'I have a clear conscience. I have nothing to worry about.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2676763/Four-suspects-arrive-Portuguese-police-station-questioning-British-police-investigating-disappearance-Madeleine-McCann.html#ixzz36EvyqGMp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Dutchgirl

Activity : 194

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 01.07.14 19:02

True Liberty wrote:For everyone screaming whitewash.
CPS is involved in the process.
There is no way this is a whitewash.
And about the comments of DC Redwoods arse - to those posters you are doing to him what was done to G. Amaral.
Until you know it is a whitewash - show some respect.
And although this is my first post as this name I have been on here from the beginning as Humanist and Hannasus.

Chateleine,  I recall you ages ago saying it was not a whitewash and I could not understand you reasoning.
I do now.

Nice to 'see' you again, l remember you as humanist. The CPS don't prosecute dead people, nor would they need to be involved to prosecute a foreigner to these shores. So l remain hopeful.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.07.14 19:31

I do agree with "humanist", "Susannah" that it was below level to make comments on Mr. Redwoods a*se. I fully subscribe to reasoned criticism, even if I don't join it. But below the belt comments are uncalled for and give the forum a "bad" name.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 01.07.14 19:43

Bishop Brennan wrote:
lj wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:
margaret wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:Wonder if Mr and Mrs Mc Cann are feeling 'buoyed up' at the news?

I feel a little optimistic that by homing in on Malinka they are getting much closer to where they need to be..

Me too. Malinka leads to Murat, leads to.....

Could the four also include michaela Murat and his mother?
Trouble is - our hopes have been dashed far too many times previously. Still, we're getting closer. dance

Closer to what, Helenmeg?

As far as I can see after the useless digs we now get the useless interviews. "they have to be eliminated, you see".

And not before they create 4 nice new Arguidos... who will now remain Arguidos - "Prime Suspects" in the UK media - throughout the closing stages of the libel trial, and its verdict phase.  Right up until the case is shelved, with history rewritten.    The creation of the Arguidos is a master stroke by AR - the timing and the make-up of the 4As is just what the UK media was hoping for.  

Unless there is some kind of connection between one (or any) of these 4 back to the McCanns, then I think they are home free.   Whether or not they get to go home with a share of the £1m libel pot remains to be seen.   But with the amount of background noise that there will be from now on, the verdict (even if negative to the McCanns) will be easily drowned in a sea of Arguido stories, background histories and abduction plots.  

And if in doubt arrange another dig

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 01.07.14 19:56

Ladyinred wrote:Will Sollecito's change of story make any difference to his sentence, as he's already been tried and found guilty?

Of course, he could be lying.

As I understand it Sollecito isn't currently in prison as his case, together with that of Knox, is being appealed to Italy's Supreme Court and he may be hoping for a reduction in his sentence or another re-trial Lir but, in any event, when it comes to applying for parole truthfulness and remorse never go amiss,  

That said, in the UK at least, those found guilty of particularly heinous crimes may receive a whole life term which does not allow opportunity for parole.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 01.07.14 19:57

But Malinka has always been in the frame regarding the McCanns. How can people say there's no link back to TM when the police are re-interviewing him? He's one big connection to Murat, and Murat is one big connection to the McCanns. Connect the dots.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Varriott 01.07.14 20:00

canada12 wrote:But Malinka has always been in the frame regarding the McCanns. How can people say there's no link back to TM when the police are re-interviewing him? He's one big connection to Murat, and Murat is one big connection to the McCanns. Connect the dots.

Sorry, but I'm not following you, canada12.
Varriott
Varriott

Activity : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 01.07.14 20:01

Dominic Hurst @DominicHurst · 23m
Legal source: Sergey Malinka is likely to be questioned again tomorrow in #mccann case. #Madeleine #MadeleineMcCann

Dominic Hurst @DominicHurst · 1m
I understand one suspect today was asked over 250 questions in #mccann interviews. All suggested by Met Police.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 01.07.14 20:03

Varriott wrote:
canada12 wrote:But Malinka has always been in the frame regarding the McCanns. How can people say there's no link back to TM when the police are re-interviewing him? He's one big connection to Murat, and Murat is one big connection to the McCanns. Connect the dots.

People here seem to be complaining that the interviews today in Portugal have no connection with the McCanns.
That was my response.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Varriott 01.07.14 20:04

canada12 wrote:
Varriott wrote:

People here seem to be complaining that the interviews today in Portugal have no connection with the McCanns.
That was my response.

What is the link between Murat and the McCanns?
Varriott
Varriott

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 01.07.14 20:06

Varriott wrote:
canada12 wrote:
Varriott wrote:

That was my response.

Sorry, that was uncharacteristically abrupt of me. My apologies.
Edited my post... Robert Murat is a person who was "on the scene" very early in the McCann saga, and postings about him can be found in a lot of places on this forum, and in other places where the witness statements to the Portuguese police can be read.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Varriott 01.07.14 20:17

canada12 wrote:
Varriott wrote:
canada12 wrote:
Varriott wrote:

That was my response.

If you don't know I'm not going to take the time to explain it. Do some research on this forum and you'll easily find the information.

I think I'm fairly well read on this.  My impression was that the only connections were tenuous at best.  Something about Murat being from Exeter, and Gerry refusing to answer a direct question of whether he knew Murat.  I didn't realize that anything more firm than that had been established.  My mind is racing trying to figure out why they'd be grilling Malinka today.  Maybe there's stuff we just don't know about.  I'd like to think the net is closing, but I can't understand it.
Varriott
Varriott

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.07.14 20:21

canada12 wrote:
Varriott wrote:
canada12 wrote:
Varriott wrote:

That was my response.

Sorry, that was uncharacteristically abrupt of me. My apologies.
Edited my post... Robert Murat is a person who was "on the scene" very early in the McCann saga, and postings about him can be found in a lot of places on this forum, and in other places where the witness statements to the Portuguese police can be read.

One thing that instantly springs to mind, is when GM was asked on camera by a journalist did he know Robert Murat and he replied "No comment". Not 'No', but 'No comment'. Very different.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankS 01.07.14 20:23

I'm pretty sure that Murat will be brought in for questioning.

That will be done in absolute secrecy though. If it has not been done today.
FrankS

Activity : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankS 01.07.14 20:26

Joana Morais ‏[ltr]@xklamation[/ltr]  now
4 arguidos were questioned already - tomorrow starts the questioning of the 11 witnesses #McCann
FrankS

Activity : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by stargazer59 01.07.14 20:28

TVI stating SY are not interested in speaking to Murat, checked with Joana to confirm i got it right !
stargazer59

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top