The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Mm11

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Regist10

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by maebee 03.06.14 23:57

The English Police believe the body of Madeleine McCann, who disappeared seven years ago in the Algarve, is or has been buried in Praia da Luz, Lagos.

Sad. True. Maybe not buried in the Algarve but buried somewhere :) Gosh it's all so sad. Poor Madeleine. English police & Portuguese believe the same thing. Good for G.A. but we're now at a new stage. Whatever comes of this, the Mcs will fight on Sad
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14 - Page 3 Empty Re: Digging to start next week (continuation of automatically locked thread) - UPDATE... starting today 2/6/14

Post by tasprin 03.06.14 23:58

russiandoll wrote:Isn't it so very sad that the place was full of so many people on the bandwagon hauling their sorry backsides out there 7 years ago and now that there might be evidence of this little girl having lain dead and buried for 7 years somewhere close by if not in PdL.... she is all alone.
 Who will be there for her apart from the police, if her remains are found? There is a list quickly forming in my mind of the adults who flew out there to do favours for the parents.

Who has come out to do Maddie a service and be present if and when it needs to be acknowledged that she is dead and can now be properly laid to rest?

She is all alone. It is beyond sad, it is disgusting. Not one person from the family can bear to go there, even if they felt they needed to stay at a distance rather than in PdL? Is there not one of them in Portugal? An aunt, uncle, anyone who was meant to love this little girl?

Providing nothing is found during this search, one or both of them will certainly fly to Portugal for the libel trial. You can count on that.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed 03.06.14 23:58

russiandoll wrote:Isn't it so very sad that the place was full of so many people on the bandwagon hauling their sorry backsides out there 7 years ago and now that there might be evidence of this little girl having lain dead and buried for 7 years somewhere close by if not in PdL.... she is all alone.
 Who will be there for her apart from the police, if her remains are found? There is a list quickly forming in my mind of the adults who flew out there to do favours for the parents.

Who has come out to do Maddie a service and be present if and when it needs to be acknowledged that she is dead and can now be properly laid to rest?

She is all alone. It is beyond sad, it is disgusting. Not one person from the family can bear to go there, even if they felt they needed to stay at a distance rather than in PdL? Is there not one of them in Portugal? An aunt, uncle, anyone who was meant to love this little girl?

agree  goodpost
Silverspeed
Silverspeed

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 03.06.14 23:59

@ rd -  " She is all alone. It is beyond sad, it is disgusting. Not one person from the family can bear to go there, even if they felt they needed to stay at a distance rather than in PdL? Is there not one of them in Portugal? An aunt, uncle, anyone who was meant to love this little girl?"

I know where you`re coming from and agree it`s dreadful, which makes me think they know she`s somewhere else.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 03.06.14 23:59

Dee Coy wrote:
BTW, that editor of the Portuguese newspaper (Paul Luckman?), hero of the radio the other month pooh-poohed it all on the BBC. He has his opinion but I did object when he said the dogs were a waste of time as no smell would remain after 7 years. What a plonker, and how strange he should undermine himself on national telly without checking his facts. A newspaper editor!

That wasn't on the BBC 10 o'clock news.

Maybe somebody has informed them of his error.

nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 0:07

nobodythereeither wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:
BTW, that editor of the Portuguese newspaper (Paul Luckman?), hero of the radio the other month pooh-poohed it all on the BBC. He has his opinion but I did object when he said the dogs were a waste of time as no smell would remain after 7 years. What a plonker, and how strange he should undermine himself on national telly without checking his facts. A newspaper editor!

That wasn't on the BBC 10 o'clock news.

Maybe somebody has informed them of his error.

I watched that one at 6 o 'clock when I got in from work. Wonder why they edited out later?  Can't have anyone inferring the dogs may be less than 100% reliable? Wow, times have changed. If these dogs find something and they accept the evidence unequivocally as they should, then where does that leave Eddie and Keela's findings? Impossible to be anywhere else but RIGHT BACK UP THERE!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by VeraWannabe 04.06.14 0:09

Totally agree - sad, very sad, but true Sad
VeraWannabe

Activity : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.06.14 0:10

VeraWannabe wrote:Here's a link to Coldwater's posts - if not already posted:

http://msngroup.aimoo.com/madeleinemccann/coldwater.msnw-action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=850&LastModified=4675673657248108147.htm

TY, VW, right bang to 2008 deja vu all over again
I see the last photo exif metadata change was discussed in 3As yet I don't recall having seen that.

Just like the dogs and current police activities is deja vu 2007 all over again.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 04.06.14 0:11

Woofer wrote:@ rd -  " She is all alone. It is beyond sad, it is disgusting. Not one person from the family can bear to go there, even if they felt they needed to stay at a distance rather than in PdL? Is there not one of them in Portugal? An aunt, uncle, anyone who was meant to love this little girl?"

I know where you`re coming from and agree it`s dreadful, which makes me think they know she`s somewhere else.

They say they won't go to Portugal unless her DNA is found. A really odd thing to say unless they know her body is not there. It's as if they're saying, 'If you find anything that you think is Madeleine's (or connected to her) prove it'.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 04.06.14 0:12

Dee Coy wrote:

Quite right, russiandoll. It is foul. One can only try to understand their selfi... nervo... motives for behaving in such a blatantly hypocritical and revealing way.
I remember Gerry writing in his blog about all the family coming out for a "holiday". I think it was when they were asked to quit the first villa and they needed to get another one fixed up at short notice that was big enough for everyone.

Just staggering isn't it? All that cr*p about people coming out to PdL in shifts to support and help them. And now they sit and watch it all on the telly. Not one of them out there for the little mite after all that guff about praying in the church/vigils/ comforting masses etc etc. The enormity of it is hard to take in.  Very sad indeed.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 04.06.14 0:18

And of course the whole DNA thing is dodgy anyway..Did the police actually get a genuine sample of Madeleine's DNA?  Because the pillowcase from Rothley could have had any DNA on it, and I have never ceased to be amazed that the McCanns didn't hand over the clothes that Madeleine had been wearing that day and instead a towel was given to the police for the tracker dogs to use.  Any one of the family's scent could have been on that towel...and given their propensity for allegedly sharing toothbrushes would each child have had a separate towel?
kevmack

Activity : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 04.06.14 0:18

Maddie was from a Catholic family, so if her remains are found anywhere nearby then hopefully the local Catholic priest will say a prayer for her and give her a blessing. Sorry to go on, but I have reached a new level of disgust with this bunch and that is saying something.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 0:22

kevmack wrote:And of course the whole DNA thing is dodgy anyway..Did the police actually get a genuine sample of Madeleine's DNA?  Because the pillowcase from Rothley could have had any DNA on it, and I have never ceased to be amazed that the McCanns didn't hand over the clothes that Madeleine had been wearing that day and instead a towel was given to the police for the tracker dogs to use.  Any one of the family's scent could have been on that towel...and given their propensity for allegedly sharing toothbrushes would each child have had a separate towel?

I don't know why we keep coming back to this :) The DNA was Madeleine's, or at least a female child of Gerry and Kate that wasn't Amelie.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id268.html
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 04.06.14 0:22

Some really good pics here

.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2647004/Kate-Gerry-McCann-ready-significant-news-missing-Madeleine-British-police-prepare-dig-wasteland-Portugal.html
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 04.06.14 0:23

I agree RD, the complete and utter contempt they have always shown for their beautiful daughter is disgusting, it's always been about them, never poor little Madeleine.

I really hope that this is the beginning of the end for them, and at last that little girl can be afforded some dignity and respect.
kevmack

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 04.06.14 0:24

This search just underlines how pitiful the whole thing is. How could you stop yourself from being there when your tiny child's remains might be discovered? It is almost unbearably sad. Poor Madeleine.
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 04.06.14 0:26

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
kevmack wrote:And of course the whole DNA thing is dodgy anyway..Did the police actually get a genuine sample of Madeleine's DNA?  Because the pillowcase from Rothley could have had any DNA on it, and I have never ceased to be amazed that the McCanns didn't hand over the clothes that Madeleine had been wearing that day and instead a towel was given to the police for the tracker dogs to use.  Any one of the family's scent could have been on that towel...and given their propensity for allegedly sharing toothbrushes would each child have had a separate towel?

I don't know why we keep coming back to this :)  The DNA was Madeleine's, or at least a female child of Gerry and Kate that wasn't Amelie.

Point taken wlbts, I just don't trust anything from the McCanns whatsoever, and there was so much confusion and smoke and mirrors at the time, I suppose I have always been suspicious, especially now that the McCanns are going on about Madeleine's DNA

I'm still perplexed about the towel given to the tracker dogs though, surely the clothes she wore that day would have been far better.  But sorry, that's off topic
kevmack

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 0:28

kevmack wrote:
Point taken wlbts, I just don't trust anything from the McCanns whatsoever, and there was so much confusion and smoke and mirrors at the time, I suppose I have always been suspicious, especially now that the McCanns are going on about Madeleine's DNA

I'm still perplexed about the towel given to the tracker dogs though, surely the clothes she wore that day would have been far better.  But sorry, that's off topic

It doesn't perplex me, I'm sure the last thing they wanted was dogs tracking the right scent :)
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 0:32

Well quite, kevmack. But I must offer a slight edit and state I would have been amazed if the McCanns had handed over Maddie's clothes.

I think this will be the stumbling block for any concluding evidence to bring to a trial, unless they've been able to precure a control source from elsewhere. The hair? A hospital sample from the IVF follow-up procedures?

I also think it is this knowledge that has pre-empted the McCanns 'we won't come to Portugal unless they find her DNA' statement. To me, it smacks of that smugness born of secrets known which gave rise to the similar 'find the body...' challenge.

All in my own opinion, of course.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 04.06.14 0:33

Excellent post RD i felt so,so sad today watching all the news reports  and thinking why is nobody in that family there for this little girl? it broke my heart to think if there is to be any news, be it today or tomorrow or the day after... why is there not a family member there for Madeleine when they were so readily available in may 2007.God bless you Maddie.. roses  roses
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 0:36

I don't know why we keep coming back to this :)  The DNA was Madeleine's, or at least a female child of Gerry and Kate that wasn't Amelie.

Who verified that source sample and produced the results, WLBTS?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 04.06.14 0:36

Dee Coy wrote:

Well quite, kevmack. But I must offer a slight edit and state I would have been amazed if the McCanns had handed over Maddie's clothes.

I think this will be the stumbling block for any concluding evidence to bring to a trial, unless they've been able to precure a control source from elsewhere. The hair? A hospital sample from the IVF follow-up procedures?

I also think it is this knowledge that has pre-empted the McCanns 'we won't come to Portugal unless they find her DNA' statement. To me, it smacks of that smugness born of secrets known which gave rise to the similar 'find the body...' challenge.

All in my own opinion, of course.
This is true  Dee Coy and also wlbts...of course they didn't want her scent being tracked.  But you are right Dee Coy, I know that the sample concluded she was a child of Gerry and Kate but was not Amelie, but the whole DNA thing has always bugged me, especially in light of their recent...show us the DNA statement
kevmack

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 04.06.14 0:49

Dee Coy wrote:

The Forensic Science Service.  What is your point, may I ask?  And do I need to don my tin hat?
whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.14 1:12

Dee Coy wrote:

The Forensic Science Service.  What is your point, may I ask?  And do I need to don my tin hat?
 laughat Of course not! But that FSS? The one who 'lost' or contaminated the remaining samples of evidence provided by the PJ for analysis?  In a quite unprecedented way?

You can make a hat out of tinfoil like mine if you want. I'll provide the pencils for the nose. But seriously, if you were the PJ and you had one last piece of DNA evidence remaining, would you trust it to the (now disbanded) FSS? Or even their successors?

And another point. If Gerry had to return to he UK to find a sample of Maddie's DNA, it can only mean 2 of 3 things:

- The towel provided had incorrect DNA on it, so a misleading scent was given to the sniffers anyway, and

a)  The apartment had already been cleaned surgically to remove all traces. Or

b)  She was never in 5A.

Just conjecture,  again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack 04.06.14 1:18

Dee Coy wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:

laughat Of course not! But that FSS? The one who 'lost' or contaminated the remaining samples of evidence provided by the PJ for analysis?  In a quite unprecedented way?

You can make a hat out of tinfoil like mine if you want. I'll provide the pencils for the nose. But seriously, if you were the PJ and you had one last piece of DNA evidence remaining, would you trust it to the (now disbanded) FSS? Or even their successors?

And another point. If Gerry had to return to he UK to find a sample of Maddie's DNA, it can only mean 2 of 3 things:

- The towel provided had incorrect DNA on it, so a misleading scent was given to the sniffers anyway, and

a)  The apartment had already been cleaned surgically to remove all traces. Or

b)  She was never in 5A.

Just conjecture,  again.
And not forgetting the clothes she was wearing that very day on the 3rd of May...should have been no problem determining which clothes they were, she was after all, wearing them in the (in)famous last photo!

Anyway, starting to drift off topic here.  I wonder what tomorrow's digs, if any, will reveal?
kevmack

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top