The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 10 Mm11

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 10 Mm11

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 10 Regist10

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 10 Empty Re: Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Post by Guest 27.05.14 20:07

Varriott wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:

True story. Last night I had a dream (I have lots of dreams about this case) that Madeleine's body is buried on the beach. In Donegal. Who do I call with this "evidence"?

Your shrink.

big grin 

The leakings of my subconscious mind must be at least as valid as the claims of a whole load of psychics and other assorted fruitloops whose claims were taken seriously by TM.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 10 Empty Re: Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN'

Post by Varriott 27.05.14 20:13

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Varriott wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:

True story. Last night I had a dream (I have lots of dreams about this case) that Madeleine's body is buried on the beach. In Donegal. Who do I call with this "evidence"?

Your shrink.

big grin 

The leakings of my subconscious mind must be at least as valid as the claims of a whole load of psychics and other assorted fruitloops whose claims were taken seriously by TM.

Indeed.  Maybe SY can start a dig in Ireland.
Varriott
Varriott

Activity : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 27.05.14 20:16

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 10 _44612594_boxes_pa226b

Which box then Clay?
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 27.05.14 20:52

Doug D wrote:Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 10 _44612594_boxes_pa226b

Which box then Clay?
I would think that going by the photo below, I should perhaps be put in the 'NUTTY' box.

But I rather think they would be more inclined to put me in the 'NASTY' box:

Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 10 Imgp0710

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 27.05.14 20:58

laughat
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 27.05.14 23:05

But according to a new Channel 5 documentary Halligen’s operatives may end up solving the mystery. They identified as the prime suspect a man seen heading towards the beach in Praia da Luz, Portugal, clutching a sleeping blonde girl around 10pm the night Madeleine vanished.
Halligen’s investigators convinced the Irish family who saw her to help produce an e-fit. That man is now the Metropolitan Police’s No1 suspect.
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 27.05.14 23:29

Markus 2 wrote:But according to a new Channel 5 documentary Halligen’s operatives may end up solving the mystery. They identified as the prime suspect a man seen heading towards the beach in Praia da Luz, Portugal, clutching a sleeping blonde girl around 10pm the night Madeleine vanished.
Halligen’s investigators convinced the Irish family who saw her to help produce an e-fit. That man is now the Metropolitan Police’s No1 suspect.

Looks like the Irish family weren't the only ones to be 'convinced' by Halligen’s investigators!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 27.05.14 23:38

Is this operation George

Halligen’s investigators convinced the Irish family who saw her to help produce an e-fit. That man is now the Metropolitan Police’s No1 suspect.Now shown on Channel 5: 'THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN' - Page 10 Empty

Smiths saw him taking the body that night somewhere and later in the morning .....this

76 A George Brooks saw a couple at 5:55 on the morning of May 4th on his way between Lagos and Praia da Luz
77 The man was carrying a child
78 At this time the McCanns had left the apartment and were somewhere in the vicinity of Praia da Luz
79 They had left the apartment around 5:00 when the police and all search groups had left the area
80 They were never asked where exactly they had gone
81 Kate claimed in her book they "resumed" their search that early morning although they never went searching the night before....

Is the net tightening
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.05.14 23:40

Markus 2 wrote:But according to a new Channel 5 documentary Halligen’s operatives may end up solving the mystery. They identified as the prime suspect a man seen heading towards the beach in Praia da Luz, Portugal, clutching a sleeping blonde girl around 10pm the night Madeleine vanished.

Is that before or after the alleged visit by a double glazing salesman?  It would be best if the documentary conceal a particular operatives grief because he wasn't paid for his labours, it might look like an act of revenge?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.05.14 12:30

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/madeleine-mccann-detective-kevin-halligen-opens-about-doomed-operation-omega-1450143

After reading Emma Westcott's comment here I feel sure that this will simply be portrayed as "vile conman deceives grieving parents".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed 28.05.14 19:39

'The Man Who Conned The McCanns'.

Looks like the title has been changed. I wonder why?

I will look on Sky's 7 day listings later this evening to see what it says on there.

http://www.channel5.com/schedule?date=2014-06-04&page=1
Silverspeed
Silverspeed

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 28.05.14 20:06

Thanks Silverspeed.

I am sure this wording is different too.

"
With unprecedented access, this film looks at Operation Omega, the secret private investigation to find missing child Madeleine McCann in 2008. Following the investigation set up by security consultant Kevin Halligen, this one-off documentary features exclusive interviews with ex-MI5 undercover operatives, the FBI and ex-military personnel.
As the investigation went on, it transpired that Kevin Halligen was not a spy but one of the world’s most audacious conmen. Despite this, significant information and leads uncovered from Operation Omega have gone on to forma part of the current Scotland Yard inquiry to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann.
Featuring interviews and evidence never before seen or heard, including an interview with Halligen himself, this film tells an untold story about the search for Madeleine McCann"

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.05.14 20:09

"secret private investigation" ????
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.05.14 20:18

Gillyspot wrote:Kevin Halligen was not a spy but one of the world’s most audacious conmen...
Right up there with Jimmy Savile, then

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed 28.05.14 20:55

I see Sky's epg has it listed under the original title at the moment.

Be interesting to see if this changes.
Silverspeed
Silverspeed

Activity : 443

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 28.05.14 21:25

Gillyspot wrote:

As the investigation went on, it transpired that Kevin Halligen was not a spy but one of the world’s most audacious conmen.

Quelle coincidence... the maxim 'like attracts like' comes to mind.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 28.05.14 22:12

aiyoyo wrote:"secret private investigation" ????

Think this was because Portuguese law doesn't allow private investigations to take place whilst an active investigation is on- going. So it had to be "secret"

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 28.05.14 22:18

You have to question why this documentary is focusing on Halligen.

Exton (ex-GMP) was delegated the work as a major investor in Oakley and now it is claimed SY are using their findings as the basis for OG.

I wonder if this doc is TM furiously spinning to get their version out there?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.05.14 22:42

Angelique wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:"secret private investigation" ????

Think this was because Portuguese law doesn't allow private investigations to take place whilst an active investigation is on- going. So it had to be "secret"

They knew Portuguese law forbids parallel investigation, yet that did not stop them breaching it or urging the public to send them money for their private search. It cant have been a secret when their hire of PIs had been given wide coverage in the MBM, with all the pseudo-sightings, bogus characters and evolving abductor plastered all over most of the titles on a constant basis. The Portuguese certainly knew of it.

PIs works are generally carried out discretely anyway.
I am thinking the press might be hinting at sinister reason behind their hiring of PIs.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 28.05.14 22:58

Silverspeed wrote:'The Man Who Conned The McCanns'.

Looks like the title has been changed. I wonder why?

I will look on Sky's 7 day listings later this evening to see what it says on there.

http://www.channel5.com/schedule?date=2014-06-04&page=1

Carter Ruck's been on the phone l expect!
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 29.05.14 10:01

Trailed just now on tv break channel 5... THE McCANNS AND THE CONMAN :

how did he get the most significant breakthrough in the case?

If there was a proposed title change, I can see why. The Man who Conned the McCanns gives an immediate image of the pair as victims. The McCanns and the Conman is more ambiguous, making a person ask, after taking it at face value....conned by him, or allied with him?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 29.05.14 11:44

Tony Bennett wrote:

First, though, an extract from my summary bio of Kevin Halligen from page 1 of this thread:

2007 - Halligen apparently describing himself as LLP/Attorney, working for Patton Boggs

2007 3 May (Aged 45) – Madeleine reported missing

2007 – Forms Oakley International

REST SNIPPED - UNQUOTE

From the above, we see these connections:

[SNIPPED]

Another point to consider, finally, is that Halligen and Exton's company 'Oakley International', once wholly falsely described by 'a source close to the McCanns' as 'the big boys of international private detection', was founded only AFTER Madeleine was reported missing; in June 2007 IIRC. It raises the question of whether Oakley might even have been formed with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in mind.

The above statement of mine has been challenged on a forum noted for describing those seeking the truth about Madeleine McCann as 'hounders'.

This was their allegation:

Bennett thinks:

Another point to consider, finally, is that Halligen and Exton's company 'Oakley International', once wholly falsely described by 'a source close to the McCanns' as 'the big boys of international private detection', was founded only AFTER Madeleine was reported missing; in June 2007 IIRC.

It raises the question of whether Oakley might even have been formed with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in mind.

The truth [Quote from a newspaper account in the mainstream media]:

When Halligen breezed into Washington about 2005
, one of his first calls, according to associates, was to Patton Boggs, the heavyweight law firm. He hired the firm to help set up his new U.S. business, Oakley International, which offered risk analysis and security advice to corporate customers.

Of course Bennett has never let the truth get in the way of his guesses which turn out to be false.

Poor research, Bennett. Very poor.

UNQUOTE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, here are the facts:

LINK: www.manta.com/c/mm01tw3/oakley-international-group-llc

Information provided on the above link:

No. of Staff 1

"Categorized under Defense Systems and Equipment. Our records show it was established in 2007 and incorporated in District of Columbia. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $99000 and employs a staff of approximately 1".

Owner: Kevin Richard Hallige

YEAR ESTABLISHED: 2007

See also http://www.mccannfiles.com/id275.html where a screenshot of Oakley International Group LLc also shows Oakley as having only ONE member of staff and an annual income (allegedly) of $100,000

JATYK: Wrong so often. Wrong once again.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 29.05.14 12:25

Oakley International Group LLC
2550 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20037
Phone: (202) 457-6146

Oakley International Group LLC

A privately held company in Washington, DC.

More Details for Oakley International Group LLC
Categorized under Defense Systems and Equipment. Our records SHOW it was ESTABLISHED in 2007 and incorporated in District of Columbia. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of 99000 and employs a staff of approximately 1.

Company Contacts
Kevin Richard Halligen
Business Information

Location Type Single Location  
State of Incorporation District of Columbia

Year ESTABLISHED 2007  

Annual Revenue Estimate 99000  
Employees 1

SIC Code 3812, Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical, and Nautical Systems and Instruments  
NAICS Code 334511, Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical, and Nautical System and Instrument Manufacturing  
Business Categories Defense Systems and Equipment in Washington, DC
Defense systems and equipment
Search And Navigation Equipment, Nsk
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 29.05.14 13:34

So who did the Due Diligence on a recently invented one man operation
Mitchell ?
The McCanns themselves ?
The Directors of the "Fund" ?
Bates, Wells, Braithwaite, ?
Haysmcintyre ?

Because who ever was supposed to is clearly guilty of gross negligence, and might be liable to the "Fund" for any consequential financial loss

If of course anyone could be bothered to do anything about it.
It wasn't their money after all, just Old Aged Pensions and little children's pocket money.
Lots more where that came from.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.05.14 13:40

I wouldn't be surprised, if not-uncle BK was heavily involved in the selection of Halligen, as well as Metodo 3 and maybe even the next-to-non-existing Alpha operation ... If ever "whitewash" came to my mind, it would be here. Unfortunately, Halligen spent it all for himself and Exton came up with a real report.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top