The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

alex woolfall knows - Alex Woolfall 'knows': 'The Last Photo', and other photos of Madeleine in Praia da Luz  - Page 7 Mm11

alex woolfall knows - Alex Woolfall 'knows': 'The Last Photo', and other photos of Madeleine in Praia da Luz  - Page 7 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

alex woolfall knows - Alex Woolfall 'knows': 'The Last Photo', and other photos of Madeleine in Praia da Luz  - Page 7 Mm11

alex woolfall knows - Alex Woolfall 'knows': 'The Last Photo', and other photos of Madeleine in Praia da Luz  - Page 7 Regist10

Alex Woolfall 'knows': 'The Last Photo', and other photos of Madeleine in Praia da Luz

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

alex woolfall knows - Alex Woolfall 'knows': 'The Last Photo', and other photos of Madeleine in Praia da Luz  - Page 7 Empty Re: Alex Woolfall 'knows': 'The Last Photo', and other photos of Madeleine in Praia da Luz

Post by tigger 18.11.13 13:26

From ROB’s rogatory, part three.

1578    “Did you have any photo of Madeleine in your possession”?

Reply    “Erm we got a photo of Madeleine later on but this is two hours later, erm”.

1578    “So who gave it to you”?

Reply    “Okay well certain, I’m not quite sure what the, the initial, the question made it sound like whoever had one in our possession anyway, I didn’t, erm we got a, we erm, after a portion of my searches, we got hold of erm Kate’s camera, err looked through the digital cam to try and find a picture of Madeleine reasonably recently, reasonably face on and, and with her being the main, the main character on the photograph, erm clearly that that was going through, there were quite a few pictures that were not ideal, so we, we went through those, err and then printed that off, erm all of this taking a reasonable amount of time to try and get hold of equipment and have offices opened and etc., etc”.

1578    “Okay.  What kind of photo was it”?

Reply    “The, it was a, it was a photo of err, it was the one that was being circulated in the, in the days immediately afterwards, I’ve seen so many photographs of her, of Madeleine since, I think it was a photograph that had been taken of her and a relatively number of weeks before and I think with a slightly different, slightly longer hair, erm but it was, it was a fa, it was a fa, it was a relatively full on sort of face on photograph, err and it was printed on a standard size erm four by six err inch, as you know, using the equipment that the people had and we ran off a number of copies of this, erm and several I think were given to the, the GNR”.

1578    “I was going to ask you the next question”.

Reply    “Sorry”.

1578    “Was, who did you give the photo to”?

Reply    “Yeah well I think the ones that I had, I took, you know cos obviously they were printing out, you know they were slow you know, we really wanted to get them to the Police fairly quickly, so I took the first couple of copies and took those round to, I think the GNR staff, I presume they were the origin, you know original uniformed Officers, it wasn’t the PJ, it was well before the PJ arrived, erm there were other copies printed off which I don’t know where they got to but I know that Mark WARNER, somebody in Mark WARNER made a poster, or at least an A4 err saying that there’d been, you know, there’d been a, err an abduction and that Madeleine was missing and that was circulated around the next morning, so somebody had, had, had that photograph and used it for that poster but I took, I don’t know two or three copies maybe and gave them to the Police.  I actually think ultimately there may have been more copies printed off and somebody else gave even more copies to them as well, err and I think some of the other copies were shown, were just shown to people around who were going on the searches but erm personally”.

1578    “The copies that you had, you only gave to the Police”?

Reply    “I gave it to the Police, just to the Police”.

Unquote

PJ files:

16 Processos  Vol XI Pages 4193 to  4194

16_VOLUME_XVIa_Page_4193

16_VOLUME_XVIa_Page_4194

16_VOLUME_XVIa_Page_4195

16_VOLUME_XVIa_Page_4196

Witness Statement Date : 2008-04-17Time. 10.00Place: Praia da Luz

Name: Amy Tierney

Has made previous statements in May last year.

Given that she does not speak Portuguese, Silvia Batista acted as interpreter.

When questioned and shown the photographs referred to in the previous statements, depicting the English girl, on 'Kodak Xtra Life ' paper, 10 x 15, she said they were printed on her printer, also of Kodak brand.

When on the night of 3rd May, at about 24.00, she was at her desk at the Tapas bar, inside the resort, when at a certain time, one of the friends of the McCann couple, Russell, asked for a USB memory stick reader, in order to print photographs of Madeleine. Immediately the deponent replied that she did not have an USB reader, but that she had a printer with this hardware, which could read from memory sticks.

She went to her room and returned to the Tapas with the printer where she printed out 20 to 30 photographs of the girl, using her own paper, in 10x15 format mentioned previously. The memory stick containing the photos belonged to the McCann couple, and came from their camera.

She thinks that all of this took place at about 24.00 on 3rd May 2007. She presumes that she handed all of the photos to Russell, who distributed some to those present, the rest would be for the police authorities.

As regards her printer, she says that it is no longer in her possession as it is now with her boyfriend in France, she says, after consultation, and in accordance with her previous statements, that is was a 'Kodak', model Easy Share G60, of thermal ink transfer, with continuous tonality.

In annex, is documentation about the printer, describing its technical characteristics, which she recognises as being identical to her printer.

No more is said. She signs the statement together with the interpreter.

4197 Information re 10 x 15 photographs of Madeleine 

TRANSLATED BY INES

16 Processos Vol XVI  Page 4197

16_VOLUME_XVIa_Page_4197

NUIPC/201/07.0 GALGS

4? Brigada

Inspector Joao Carlos

Information

With the aim of providing a technical clarification of the photographs referred to in the statement by Amy Tierney, Maria de Fatima Barbosa, Head of Area of the Scientific Police Laboratory (LPC) was contacted.

When asked about the possibility of carrying out a comparative examination of the photographs, with regard to their printing, using the printer described (in the statement ), she judged that it would not be possible to determine whether the photographs had been printed on that machine.

From the technical point of view she says that they are domestic use printers, and that this model has already been referred to in a report compiled by the LPC, as being of possible use, they work using colour tapes (fitas) and in this way it wiould not be viable to compare the printing pigment of the photograph with the printer referred to (Kodak G600 Printer Dock). But she stated that this printing method, referred to as sublimation, makes comparative tests impossible, at least in as far as known technical tests are concerned.

Portimao 17th April 2008

Inspector

Joao Carlos

Translated summarised snippet from Statement by Amy Tierney    Amy Tierney  saying that she was approached at her desk at the Tapas restaurant at about 24.00 by Russell O'Brien who asked if she could help print out photos of Madeleine. She went to fetch another printer and printed out about 20-30 photos which she handed to Russell. The photos came from the McCann's camera.

Processos

Volume no. 15

Pages 63-64 unquote

Notes: The GNR arrived at 11.00 p.m. - the PJ arrived around midnight.
Well before the PJ arrived and the photographs given to the GNR is corroborated iirc by the translator Da Silva,
Anne Tierney never mentions printing off photographs in her first statement.
If the photographs - which imo show Maddie at age around 3 max. so about a year old - were still on the camera, presumably in chronological order, therefore a long way back from all photographs taken since, my question is: how did they find time to do this?  I don't think this is in the book, Woolfall going through the photographs happens on the 5th or 6th.
ROB is leaving the time (his part of the search) and his role of printing these out very vague, resorting to the 'we' which statement analysis reads as evasive and sharing guilt. He admits to two or three photographs and delegates the printing of the A4 poster to the MW staff, who must have been given the pink top photo from someone.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

alex woolfall knows - Alex Woolfall 'knows': 'The Last Photo', and other photos of Madeleine in Praia da Luz  - Page 7 Empty Re: Alex Woolfall 'knows': 'The Last Photo', and other photos of Madeleine in Praia da Luz

Post by ultimaThule 19.11.13 22:59

I'm not up to speed with the marvels of printers and digital camers and the ease with which images can be made and up/downloaded onto computers/laptops/tablets/smart tvs & phones/etc,  but from this 2006 review [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the machine which was allegedly used to print out photographs cmidnight on 3 May 2007 it doesn't appear to have a dedicated memory card slot.

There's mention of a "pen-drive style memory card" which I assume is one of those small stick type things with a usb fitting on the end (hope that description was not too bewilderingly technical) which can be plugged in, press start, and out come the finished prints, and that images from a PC can also be printed off via a "dedicated, rear-mounted USB port".  There photo of the printer also shows a camera sat on top of it, which presumably means prints can be obtained without need for either of the other 2 options.  

Can images contained on current model digital cameras be downloaded onto external 'usb memory sticks' as opposed to internal 'memory cards' without first being transferred to PCs?  If so, did c2006/7 model digital cameras have this facility? 

The point I'm trying to make is whether need for a 'usb memory stick reader' suggests that images which, according to ROB, came from KM's camera had first been uploaded to a PC before they were downloaded on to the 'stick'?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 20.11.13 5:40

That was the point I was trying to make:

A USB stick or flash key is a universal plug-in device. 
Memory cards from cameras are not -and six years ago far less so - compatible with all printers or computers.
You'd need a computer to transfer the contents of a camera to a USB stick. 

Imo it's impossible that: 
Two photographs on the camera were selected, both from some time ago. Certainly the pink top one which was photocopied on A4 sheets with a handwritten message which didn't include her name, was in the possession of MW staff according to ROB,  that night. But we don't know how. 

However, ROB allegedly printed out the iconic photograph. I don't believe it because, as Himself says, I can use a spoon....
Because of:
The time spent going through the camera files, certainly I'd expect a hundred or so snaps to go back to allegedly Christmas 2006, but imo more like Christmas 2005. 
ROB having to remember just this one picture, because he doesn't have anything to do with the A4 one
- presumably after writing down the timelines  and after he had done his part of the search - goes down to find Tierney and prints off  three copies, Tierney says about thirty. 
They must have spent some time going through the memory card again, usually one by one on a tiny screen. 
All this happens well before the PJ come at midnight, so say around 11.00 when the GNR arrived. 
ROB, as shown in another topic,  is a marvel in time management, certainly that night. 

These photographs both show a very distinct coloboma in the eye and can therefore never have come direct from the camera memory card. (See Piers Morgan interview statement May 2011 by Kate that the never made much of it and it was a small fleck only visible from very close by). 

Imo those photographs were 'prepared' ( to avoid the p............g word) before the evening of 3/5/07. Well before. 

I cannot recall reading an account of selecting photographs with ROB in the book. Surely she couldn't have forgotten?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 20.11.13 6:38

In essence, unless ROB was in possession of KM's camera when he fetched up at MW reception, and unless said camera was of the type which was compatible with a Kodak G600 Printer Dock , the photos which were printed out cmidnight on 3 May 2007 had been downloaded via a PC onto a usb stick/flash key which was subsequently plugged into Ms Tierney's device.

If one of the group had taken a laptop with them, presumably this could have been done earlier - but the $64,000 question is 'how much earlier'?  

Given the group's preoccupaton with making phone calls to the UK, writing out timelines, and generally pfaffing around knocking on doors to get others out searching, it would seem unlikely there'd be opportunity in their busy schedule to undertake this task - but, if one or other of them had done, why would ROB and/or whoever chose which photos should be printed out not say so?

Fwiw, IMO the pool photo is of a much younger Madeleine and was most probably taken in the summer of 2006 - the thing that does it for me is the child's teeth; I've seen what are obviously later photos clearly showing her upper teeth have grown together and fewer gaps are visible.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

alex woolfall knows - Alex Woolfall 'knows': 'The Last Photo', and other photos of Madeleine in Praia da Luz  - Page 7 Empty ROB and time management

Post by worriedmum 20.11.13 8:56

Tigger ''All this happens well before the PJ come at midnight, so say around 11.00 when the GNR arrived. 
ROB, as shown in another topic,  is a marvel in time management, certainly that night.'
'

lol4 
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.11.13 9:18

Silvia Maria Correia Ramos Batista 

Maintenance Services Director
Portuguese

THIRD PAGE BATISTA
She made already statements concerning this process several times and remembers what she stated earlier, repeating here what the content of previous statements. 
She is here because, with the passage of time since Madeleine disappeared she has remembered a few details on the testified facts that she believes may be somehow of interest to the investigation. 
As she said earlier she was alerted about the disappearance of Madeleine between 22.30 and 23:00. She was at home and was informed of the event via a telephone call.
She drove immediately to the Ocean Club where she arrived a few minutes before elements of the GNR popped in. 
After she arrived she went immediately to the apartment A5 where she found several people inside the apartment and outside of it. She entered in the flat but soon left without having spoken with anyone, because she was informed that elements of the GNR were in the principal reception. She went there to meet them. 
When she came close to the elements of the GNR she found that behind her was 
Gerry, Madeleine's father, accompanied by another man whose identity she doesn't remember. Then Gerry kneeled down, hit the floor with both hands, positioning himself as if he were a praying Arab, and screamed twice of anger, what he said being impossible to understand. Then Gerry stand up and accompanied her (the witness) and the other man in the car of the GNR to the apartment A5. 
She entered the apartment and asked for the passports of all elements of the family, and also photographs of the missing girl. She went with Gerry to the GNR car to hand over the requested documents. She mentions she did this, as well
as other tasks, at the request of the GNR Commandant, because she could translate their questions and the missing girl's family's answers.
She remembers Gerry gave the Commandant of several photographs of the missing girl. They were postcard-like pictures, taking into account their size and shape and seemed all the same to her. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So Gerry already had photographs of Madeleine and according to the witness were all the same image.

ultimaThule said

f one of the group had taken a laptop with them, presumably this could have been done earlier - but the $64,000 question is 'how much earlier'?   

Given the group's preoccupaton with making phone calls to the UK, writing out timelines, and generally pfaffing around knocking on doors to get others out searching, it would seem unlikely there'd be opportunity in their busy schedule to undertake this task - but, if one or other of them had done, why would ROB and/or whoever chose which photos should be printed out not say so?

Agree with your comments,  they were too busy that evening, someone must have  had a laptop to download the photo from kate's camera, print off (access to a printer) several images for gerry to give to GNR, download on to a memory stick for ROB maybe there was only one photo on memory stick if there were more he will have been told which photo to print off was it Gerry who did the telling?

Pre-meditated? IMO yes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.11.13 9:23

This is another one of those things parts where, at face value, it's all conceivable - not likely, but not impossible. It's just when taken along with everything else you're asked to believe that it gets a bit wearying.

Interesting that she had a dye printer - I believe inkjets produce a "fingerprint" which makes them as identifiable as a human being. A dye printer would also be easier to transport, say, on an aeroplane. Personally I think Pennington was the printer mule. It would look a bit too obvious if Rob had one in his hand luggage.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.11.13 9:41

tigger wrote: 

Reply    “The, it was a, it was a photo of err, it was the one that was being circulated in the, in the days immediately afterwards, I’ve seen so many photographs of her, of Madeleine since, I think it was a photograph that had been taken of her and a relatively number of weeks before and I think with a slightly different, slightly longer hair, erm but it was, it was a fa, it was a fa, it was a relatively full on sort of face on photograph, err and it was printed on a standard size erm four by six err inch, as you know, using the equipment that the people had and we ran off a number of copies of this, erm and several I think were given to the, the GNR”.

Apropos of nothing, how realistic do you think it would be to get a 3/4 year old to wear a wig?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 20.11.13 10:30

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
tigger wrote: 

Apropos of nothing, how realistic do you think it would be to get a 3/4 year old to wear a wig?
IME young children love to play dressing up and pretending to be other characters and any who are reluctant can usually be persuaded to particpate on promise of a treat afterwards.  Those children who are habituated to being obliging would simply do as they're told.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

alex woolfall knows - Alex Woolfall 'knows': 'The Last Photo', and other photos of Madeleine in Praia da Luz  - Page 7 Empty wig..

Post by worriedmum 20.11.13 10:43

None of my four children would wear a hat willingly, I think a wig would be very irritating to an active child. Do you ask because of the 'longer hair ' quote?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 20.11.13 11:32

worriedmum wrote:None of my four children would wear a hat willingly, I think a wig would be very irritating to an active child. Do you ask because of the 'longer hair ' quote?
I have seen a photo of MM  where the hair is sticky out at the back, rather like a wig. Was she undergoing treatment, at some point and maybe habituated to wearing a wig?

Not wishing to stray OT but I have seen a three photos - possibly the following, and I stress it's from memory:
 One in play park, the horse riding one, another in which she is standing face on to camera and wearing a pink top, where I have been struck by the angle of one of her feet.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this. To my eye it looked like a deformity. I think someone once mentioned the play park one, thinking it badly photo-shopped.

I don't have time to track them down today unfortunately.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.11.13 14:10

worriedmum wrote:None of my four children would wear a hat willingly, I think a wig would be very irritating to an active child. Do you ask because of the 'longer hair ' quote?
Just her hair length seemed to vary. My daughter had her hair grow from birth to about four, then she got a short "bob" to start school and now, a year and a half later it has barely reached its previous length.

I must say it takes an effort to not abstract MM to an internet riddle, and to remember that she was (I'm 99% sure) a normal little girl. Her own parents leading the way doesn't make this any easier.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 22.11.13 4:24

While checking out youtube to see if an English translation of the CMTV programme had been posted, I came across this clip which I doubt is new to long terms members of this forum but which raises a question in my mind, namely, is it possible acertain the date it was taken without having the original photo or access to the film/memory card?

ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.11.13 9:18

ultimaThule wrote: is it possible acertain the date it was taken without having the original photo or access to the film/memory card?

In short, no.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 22.11.13 21:07

Thank you, Clay.  I thought not, but poring over certain threads on this forum has made me consider double glazing my windows with aluminium foil and wearing a hat fashioned from the same material  beware  big grin
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.11.13 11:36

[url=http://gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/_m/maddy_ (12).jpg][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url] 

I have always wondered why Goncalo Amaral chose this photo and the name Maddie on the front cover of his book, but then thinking about it his book is based on the police investigations and official police files.

Is it possible GA was and still is in plain sight, letting all involved know that he knows there were no holiday photos of  Madeleine and she was often refered to has Maddie?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.11.13 14:20

Cherry Blossom wrote:[url=http://gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/_m/maddy_ (12).jpg][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url] 

I have always wondered why Goncalo Amaral chose this photo and the name Maddie on the front cover of his book, but then thinking about it his book is based on the police investigations and official police files.

Is it possible GA was and still is in plain sight, letting all involved know that he knows there were no holiday photos of  Madeleine and she was often refered to has Maddie?
It is a lovely photo.

It does seem like there is a lot of beating around the bush with this case - I was struck on reading in another thread an interview with a British sometime PdL resident who referred to the "accident" whilst still gushing over Kate and Gerry. Is what really happened to Madeleine an open secret outside of the UK?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.11.13 16:16

Clay Regazzoni wrote: [...] I was struck on reading in another thread an interview with a British sometime PdL resident who referred to the "accident" whilst still gushing over Kate and Gerry. Is what really happened to Madeleine an open secret outside of the UK?
Can you remember, who that was, or where you read that, Clay?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.11.13 16:18

Cherry Blossom wrote:[url=http://gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/_m/maddy_ (12).jpg][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url] 

Did he? In Belgium its the Iconic Picture

BTW: Always look at the crooked fingers on 'Madeleine' or 'Maddie'  
So very strange. 

What was amiss with her hands?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.11.13 19:25

Châtelaine wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote: [...] I was struck on reading in another thread an interview with a British sometime PdL resident who referred to the "accident" whilst still gushing over Kate and Gerry. Is what really happened to Madeleine an open secret outside of the UK?
Can you remember, who that was, or where you read that, Clay?
Sorry, I had to do some digging. I read so many threads yesterday.

It's from a "Susan Moyes" being interviewed by BBC Radio Stoke.

REPORTER How do you feel about the criticism of the McCann family for leaving their children?

SUSAN MOYES Harsh, very, 
very harsh. Hand on heart, we've all done something like that, I think. 
And erm, no, its just unfortunate. Just a sad, unfortunate accident.

REPORTER And how do you 
feel having been, if you like, being swept along with all this, having 
been a part of this story from the start, being there at the time when 
it all happened. I suspect as a family you must have talked about this 
over the dinner table for weeks and weeks and weeks.

SUSAN MOYES Yes, we have, 
we have. And I just can't get my head around it at all. I can't. I can't
understand it and I don't, I don't know if it'll ever be resolved, 
really.

REPORTER How do you feel when you see the pictures here in the newspapers? I mean have you collected newspapers over the period?

SUSAN MOYES Oh yeah! I get
the paper every day anyway but obviously followed it very closely. And I
just, disbelief. No way, no way do I feel they were any way involved in
it. Not at all. No.

I can see how her comments would have an innocent explanation, but it's a poor choice of words IMO. And why does everybody involved in this case fall over themselves to let it be known that they think, no, know that the McCanns can't possibly have been involved in Maddie's disappearance. How do they know? They're not qualified to offer an opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.11.13 19:34

Maybe, GA choose this picture, because it was the official one in the official press release of the pj of madeline.

You would have to scroll down a bit.

It was also the picture and still is in the official yellow alert by interpol:

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.11.13 19:46

Clay Regazzoni wrote: [...]

it. Not at all. No.

I can see how her comments would have an innocent explanation, but it's a poor choice of words IMO. And why does everybody involved in this case fall over themselves to let it be known that they think, no, know that the McCanns can't possibly have been involved in Maddie's disappearance. How do they know? They're not qualified to offer an opinion.
Thanks for digging this up for me, Clay.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.11.13 19:51

So if the Moyes were on their balcony at 9.15pm, why didn't they see gerry and jez talking outside? or jane tanner or bundelman?

Who DID knock on their door? Was it a friend of the Mccanns, were they female or male? ever changing stories

The above from another thread here ...

Sorry: I"m having trouble quoting from, but especially bringing over links to other threads here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.11.13 19:56

Here is the actual interview - it was a woman who called.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.11.13 19:56

Châtelaine wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote: [...]

it. Not at all. No.

Thanks for digging this up for me, Clay.
No worries.

There is a thread on Moyes - Apartment 5K. What is it about involvement with the McCann case that seemingly renders any witness implausible?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top