The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 Mm11

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 Mm11

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 Regist10

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED**

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 Empty Re: Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED**

Post by Me 19.01.13 14:01

Portia wrote:
A confidentiality clause between Dr Amaral and the McCs is not pre se prejudicial to his future dealings with the Media. They are outsiders in any deal of his with the McCs. He could in theory proceed against the Media after an agreement with the McCs. But, him being a man of honour, I find it highly unlikely he will do that, unlike some others I could but do not want to mention.

But let's wait and see: hasn't GA himself said so poignantly: Justice works in silence?

No i think you miss my point. I am saying i cannot see that as Amaral now appears to be holding all the aces he will agree to a confidentiality clause and then stand back and watch Clarance spin it as a victory for the McCann's to the media, which he could do if no detail of the settlement was released.

It's not just about Amaral winning it's also about him clearing his name and a confidentiality clause coupled with Clarence's dark arts could allow the settlement to be presented to the media as a victory for the Mccanns.

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Activity : 698

Back to top Go down

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 Empty Re: Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED**

Post by Hobs 19.01.13 14:11

The gruesome twosome still have a problem.

If they try and hold out in order to beat Tony Bennet who has made statements using facts from the released and publicly available files and lose against Goncalo Amaral by capitulating and coming to an agreement acceptable to him then Tony Bennet who used the same facts and came to the same opinion as oncalo Amaral can promptly sue them for return of any monies as well as costs ( something lance armstrong is currently facing by the Sunday Times. He won claiming they libelled him by printing a story he was doping which he denied. I then came out he was actually doping and has recently publicly admitted same hence theSunday Times suing for return of monies etc)

Goncalo, Tony and Pat Brown all came to the same conclusion regarding the fate of Madeleine as revealed in the files, the non co-operation of the adults involved, the doubtful checks, missing time lines, phonecalls and general obfuscation 48 questions and the non reconstruction.

What is proven is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even lord muck publicly announced he believed in everyone being entitled to their own opinion. as he declared loudly "A thesis without evidence is meaningless." which is telling since his thesis about Madeleine being abducted is not supported by any evidence whereas the thesis that Madeleine died in the apartment and was subsequently moved is supported by forensic evidence.

The gruesomes have a hard job ahead of them trying to spin their way out of the mess of their own making. The british media who were sued by them can in return sue them for the monies and this may also include the tapas 7 (who allegedly gave their winnings to the fund)

What will the tapas 7 do if they are sued for return of the monies? they don't hve it since they gave it to the fund, wil they demand it be handed back? Is there enough money to repay them? will they in turn sue the gruesomes for return of the monies? Will they use threats (something the gruesomes are familiar and adept at) pay us or we start doing deals with the police etc.

It is going to get real messy.

I also wonder if the pink princess will be in the firing line as well since he was their mouthpiece, they may claim they didn't tell him to say what he did, he will counterclaim they did and ding ding round 1.

Watch out for a lot of infighting and leaks, Us statement analysts will be waiting with colored pens and a keen eye for anything they say.

It looks like the chickens are coming home to roost. Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 3877000266 Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 1150808647

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 19.01.13 14:21

Portia wrote:
Cristobell wrote:As an old legal secretary, my experience was that settlements are usually done immediately. Usually at the door of the Court. I think this will be an interesting weekend newswise.

Spot on, my thoughts precisely Christobell!

Obviously the facts in the Amaral libel case are potentially so damaging for the TB -mere- breacht-of-contract case, that their becoming public is to be avoided at all costs.

There now is a six month reprieve, enabling the McCs to bury TB first, and THEN break off negotiations with Dr. Amaral

The UK are a far more important battle ground than Portugal as most of the Funds donors are from the UK.

This, and nowhere else, is where they must be seen to come out smelling of roses. (as in: Fund, donors, money etc etc)

Who cares about little old sardine-swilling Mediterranean (!) Portugal?!

Actually, I think they will settle with Tony very soon. It would be farcical to continue with the TB action at this time, and the Judge would be placed in an untenable position.

If he orders that the libel case be heard before he rules, the McCanns will have to pursue the libel. And will they want to, having, for whatever reason, decided not to go to trial in the GA case?

The fact that they have not pursued the libel action against GA to the Court room, has the potential to unleash much that has thus far, remained under cover. Basically, those who felt threatened in the past, may now feel free to speak out as they have seen that the McCanns have backed down at the door of the Court. With social networking such as it is, this news cannot be hidden.

Speculating on the settlement. If it is in the mccanns favour, then GA must withdraw his book from sale - they can accept nothing less, if their case is not to be seen as vexatious. Far be it for me to give their desperate spinners any ideas, but they could take the compassionate stance, and say that 'enough is enough' - they simply want to withdraw from public attention and grieve. Of course, if they choose this route, it must also include dropping their action against Tony.

However, in both hypothetical situations, the settlement must include a gagging order against GA, if it doesn't, they have lost and floodgates could open.

Anyone with more than a passing interest in this case, would agree GA had the upper hand in this libel action having succeeded in two higher Courts that have ruled the book is not libellous. He also has the support of the Portuguese public. Public opinion is vital, and the McCanns do not appear to have had any success in getting them back on side. The book didn't help.

Anyway, I think Tony can sleep a little easier with this latest development.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by monkey mind 19.01.13 14:33

Me wrote:
monkey mind wrote:

In other words, simply a delaying tactic using time to their advantage whilst wrong footing all concerned. Nothing should be put past this lot....

That would all be a possiblity but what on earth is there they have got from "reviewing" the existing files that could lead them to concluding that she was abducted and still be alive?

Absolutely nothing. In fact there is more than credible evidence to the contrary.

We know there is nothing within the files that would even hint at that and where are the credible new leads? None of the publically released ones have come to anything and if there was a real genuine one would they not be requesitng a formal reopening in Portugal and announing it to the world?

Agreed. I have stated on more than one occasion that an enquiry with 200 outstanding *leads* is an enquiry without direction. The process is to narrow those leads to one credible direction. Personally I do not see how anyone can read those files and go in any direction that differs from the one the PJ took. That does not mean to say that Grange may not open endedly conclude that in the absence of a body - despite the evidence that there was one - they will leave the presumption that she is still alive.

The answers last year were bizzare but were also straight bat non commital answers which didn't rule anything in or out. Of course they have to say at that stage they think there is a possibilty she is alive, to suggest otherwsie would be prejudicial.

The timing of it was interesting though wasn't it. As was ex colleagues of Redwood coming out in national media, beng presented as abduction experts and propounding the theory that she is alive and well and being raised as someone elses child. I'm sorry, that and othe factors makes me very suspicious.

I do not believe they know what the SY review will conclude because i cannot see how the Yard can be seen to informing the people the files they are reviewing regarded as the main suspects.

They won't be *seen* to do that. There is evidence to say that the McCanns are being kept up to date on the progress or lack thereof isn't there? Unless I am mistaken they and Redwood have said as much. Any future libel trial in Portugal would surely have to be based on the evidence known at that time and not what has subsequently come out.

And let's be honest we all know there is nothing there of note to suggest an outcome other than asking for a reconstruction and questioning the T9 or simply to leave it as closed. There is simply nothing else there to come to any other conclusion.

I think sometimes we credit the Mccann's with too much knowledge and influence.

Well inexplicably they've had in their corner three prime ministers, and their media men, NGI, seemingly all of the British media, some of the best PR people money can buy, billionaire business men and their legal men, some of the best legal advocates in the land etc etc. It would be careless in the extreme not to cater for the fact they may have great influence for indeed great influence is being exerted on their behalf. Nice thing is though, it only needs the right piece of evidence for them all to jump ship.....

My take is that they are now on a very sticky wicket.

They've been on a sticky wicket from the minute they failed to produce evidence of a break in to substantiate their claims. The wicket became stickier when they were brought in as suspects hence the venom towards the man charged with trying to find their daughter and determined to expose the truth. They are still batting though. I'm not being deliberately difficult here, simply highlighting what appears to me to be a possibility, judging by history a good one. I genuinely hope it isn't so.

monkey mind
monkey mind

Activity : 629

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 19.01.13 14:39

If the McCann's seek settlement that means they cannot win the case. If there was any chance they could win the case they would have ploughed on as they did in the book banning case and the subsequent appeal.

Because if they didn't plough on they know the floodgates will open against them both in terms of Amaral's pursuit of them and others including TB and the sued UK media.

Their legal stratgey was use to use their fund to bully people into submission with financial might rather than legal right.

Even they are not that thick to not know their libel case was paper thin when it was so comprehensively thrown out in Protugal, so why did they carry on with the full libel trial on the back of their resounding defeat?

The only answer can be that they know they don't want the libel to be heard in court so it was simply a game of brinkmanship based on "our pockets are deeper than yours". Who would blink first.

Given they had seized Amaral's assets and destroyed his marriage he had nothing else to lose, he'd lost it all already.

So why would Amaral now seek settlement having lost everything and then agree to have his book withdrawn after going through all that and then winning the case to get it unbanned?

That doesn't make any sense.

There is no viable scenario which ha sunfolded which would suggest it is Amaral who has requested settlement.

The only sane conclusion is that the Mccann's have asked for settlement, as predicted by Blacksmith, and that means Amaral is holding the cards.

The danger is that he agrees to confidentiality knowing he has "won" and gets his assets back but then agrees to a confidentilaity cluase which would allow the Team to spin this defeat as a glorious victory for them on the basis of "compassion" or "enough is enough".

He now needs to hammer home his advantage to ensure not only that he is cleared and that he has won the battle but that the whole world knows it as well.

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Observer 19.01.13 14:44

"A thesis without evidence is meaningless." Spare me Hobs, this is so wrong, a thesis should be accepted as fact until proven otherwise. Example, E=Mc2.
Observer

Activity : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 19.01.13 14:49

quote= monkey mind"]
If SY conclude with the bizarre line they pushed last May that she was still alive and being looked after by some kind and loving couple then they may use this in one of a couple of ways, to drown out any hint of the Pt decision in the media, or perhaps, they have no intent on reaching any settlement at all. Rather they know what the SY verdict is going to be and upon that there will be an abrupt u turn which they will hold that up in a Portuguese court as vindication in a subsequent libel trial.

SY's verdict being under UK jurisdiction will be unless in Portuguese Court.

If it is not a joint review and joint verdict, the Review if not a whitewash, would just be sinful waste of money, since SY's verdict wont be recognised and wont be fit for any purpose under the PT jurisdiction.

If the mccanns are playing delaying tactics they will only build up legal cost to no end, as if they do not attempt to settle it seriously that will not look good for them in Court since it is them who asked for the suspension.
Suspension for a maximum of 6 months does not necessarily mean the trial cannot be resumed before then if negotiations break down. It just means negotiations cant be stretched beyond that one would think.

I believe it is possible for the trial to be resumed earlier if it is proven that the Mccanns were not sincere in their intention. Team Amaral only have to inform Court that both parties cannot come to an agreement and negotiations have broken down irretrievably then it is up the Court to allocate the trial date since the case is not withdraw. A suspension of trial is not the same as a withdrawal of the case technically speaking. I stand corrected if someone knows better about legal procedures.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 19.01.13 15:14

I am literally up to page 9, so apologies if someone has posted something similar.

All this talk of WHO is trying to pull out is very interesting! Of particular interest are Ed1976 posts, which seem to have the underlying meaning "what is the point of the McCanns carrying on their actions if GA/TB cannot afford to pay damages etc....
Erm! Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought these cases were 'for Mad'lun' - and how 'the seeerch for Mad'lun has been harmed by Amaral/Bennetts' words and actions'?

Sorry, makes no sense to me. If the McCanns thought they had a case they could win, NO WAY would they even enter negotiations to 'settle'. After all, wasn't it Kate's (maybe) own words that told us how kindly CR do all this work behind the scenes, pro bono? Trouble is, see, when you tell fibs you end up getting yourself tangled in them.

Take the money out of the equation for a second. Let's imagine Duarte has told the McCanns they can win, and humiliate the 'fat cop' still further. Plus the headlines eg 'Harassed Parents Kate and Gerry Win Libel Case' - that's a licence right there for them to carry on spreading their fairytale, begging for money, tightening their stranglehold. We are expected to believe they'd pass that up? Pull the other one its got bells (and whistles) on!!!

So reading between the lines, someone has let the cat out of the bag that these actions weren't about 'Mad'lun' at all - just £££ - but then we already knew that, as it seems everything they have done since May '07 is about £, and saving their own sorry asses. Not about Madeleine. Poor little mite Sad

So, on balance, just WHO is most likely to be folding??? I know where my bet would go..... And its not on Amaral!!!

"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra FelgueirasBlacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 670379

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 19.01.13 15:19

I have put a few thoughts on this matter on my blog :)

I think the House of Cards may be tumbling down.

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 19.01.13 15:33

rainbow-fairy wrote:I am literally up to page 9, so apologies if someone has posted something similar.

All this talk of WHO is trying to pull out is very interesting! Of particular interest are Ed1976 posts, which seem to have the underlying meaning "what is the point of the McCanns carrying on their actions if GA/TB cannot afford to pay damages etc....
Erm! Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought these cases were 'for Mad'lun' - and how 'the seeerch for Mad'lun has been harmed by Amaral/Bennetts' words and actions'?

Sorry, makes no sense to me. If the McCanns thought they had a case they could win, NO WAY would they even enter negotiations to 'settle'. After all, wasn't it Kate's (maybe) own words that told us how kindly CR do all this work behind the scenes, pro bono? Trouble is, see, when you tell fibs you end up getting yourself tangled in them.

Take the money out of the equation for a second. Let's imagine Duarte has told the McCanns they can win, and humiliate the 'fat cop' still further. Plus the headlines eg 'Harassed Parents Kate and Gerry Win Libel Case' - that's a licence right there for them to carry on spreading their fairytale, begging for money, tightening their stranglehold. We are expected to believe they'd pass that up? Pull the other one its got bells (and whistles) on!!!

So reading between the lines, someone has let the cat out of the bag that these actions weren't about 'Mad'lun' at all - just £££ - but then we already knew that, as it seems everything they have done since May '07 is about £, and saving their own sorry asses. Not about Madeleine. Poor little mite Sad

So, on balance, just WHO is most likely to be folding??? I know where my bet would go..... And its not on Amaral!!!

I do not know how the law works in portugal but certainly in the UK the court will encourage both parties to reach a settlement without going to court. Amaral has a new lawyer. If the new lawyer has advised Amaral to reach a settlement then the McCannns may have no choice other than agree to try. They would of course be given the option to continue the action if a settlement isn't reached.
Eddie
Eddie

Activity : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 19.01.13 15:37

Cristobell wrote:I have put a few thoughts on this matter on my blog :)

Well we have been here before but i tend to agree.

The key i think now is how or if the settlement is disclosed and then how or if it is spun, sorry "presented", to the wider media.

If it is case of the cards tumbling then i see full disclosure as to their defeat and the nature of it against Amaral, pulling out of TB's trial and then perhaps shortly after a conclusion to the review which confirms publically that the Yard agree with the Portugese assessment that all roads point to further questioning of the T9 as there are no other viable leads form the case whcih support abduction.

Then i can see the media jumping all over the story again and public pressure forcing them to either go back to Portugal for questioning or indeed to being pulled in by the Yard for real examination (unlike the limp Rogatories).

Once under real scrutiny and open to proper questioning then we will finally be getting somewhere.

That's when i can see real momentum conspiring against them and them losing, for the first time since they were arguido's, control of the situation.

They do have a habit of pulling rabbits out of hats though but who, 3 or 4 years ago, could have foreseen Lance Armstrong caving in as he has.

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 19.01.13 15:38

ed1976 wrote:I do not know how the law works in portugal but certainly in the UK the court will encourage both parties to reach a settlement without going to court. Amaral has a new lawyer. If the new lawyer has advised Amaral to reach a settlement then the McCannns may have no choice other than agree to try. They would of course be given the option to continue the action if a settlement isn't reached.

Ok, money where your mouth is time. Do you want to put a wager on as to who has conceded here.

Say £250 to charity from whomever is wrong. I'm going with the Mccann's caving, you're going with Amaral.

You taking the bet?

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 19.01.13 15:40

rainbow Fairy wrote...

TB has virtually bet his house on the words of Amaral......and it looks like he will lose the bet and sadly for him...his house

Eddie
Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 19.01.13 15:41

Me wrote:
ed1976 wrote:I do not know how the law works in portugal but certainly in the UK the court will encourage both parties to reach a settlement without going to court. Amaral has a new lawyer. If the new lawyer has advised Amaral to reach a settlement then the McCannns may have no choice other than agree to try. They would of course be given the option to continue the action if a settlement isn't reached.

Ok, money where your mouth is time. Do you want to put a wager on as to who has conceded here.

Say £250 to charity from whomever is wrong. I'm going with the Mccann's caving, you're going with Amaral.

You taking the bet?

Yes.
Eddie
Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.01.13 15:45

As long as whoever wins the bet doesn't donate the money to that pseudo-charity Madeleine's Fund!

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 110921
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie 19.01.13 15:51

Jean wrote:As long as whoever wins the bet doesn't donate the money to that pseudo-charity Madeleine's Fund!

Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 110921

you are quite right, it's not a charity and I think they have received enough public money anyway. Some far more desrving charities out there.
Eddie
Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwarya 19.01.13 16:05

I think now we have have almost 6 years' worth of insights into the respective characters of the McCann pair and Detective Amaral under our belts, we can be confident that had Sr Amaral requested a delay in proceedings in order to negotiate an exit strategy we would have seen some very different headlines in the likes of the Mail and the Mirror today. May I suggest one: "Disgraced Porto plod backs out of court showdown with tragic Maddy Mum". It beggars belief that having lost everything that mattered to him he would settle for anything less than the reinstatement of his integrity and adequate compensation for his own and his family's great suffering. Plus justice for Maddie at last, of course.
Ashwarya
Ashwarya

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 19.01.13 16:09

[quote]
Cristobell wrote:

Speculating on the settlement. If it is in the mccanns favour, then GA must withdraw his book from sale - they can accept nothing less, if their case is not to be seen as vexatious. Far be it for me to give their desperate spinners any ideas, but they could take the compassionate stance, and say that 'enough is enough' - they simply want to withdraw from public attention and grieve. Of course, if they choose this route, it must also include dropping their action against Tony.

However, in both hypothetical situations, the settlement must include a gagging order against GA, if it doesn't, they have lost and floodgates could open.

I am a layperson but I do understand that plaintiff initiating to settle out of court means capitulating and therefore the other party calls all the shots, and not the side caving in.

The mccanns are in no position to set any condition at all whatsoever regardless.
What it means is: they are open to Amaral's conditions, to agree or disagree on all of his terms, and it will be only team Amaral's terms on the negotiating table.
This is privately between them and Amaral now, hence the term "out of court". The court is not involved in this.

Logic dictates the party caving in has not right to set any condition. More importantly, the last thing they would do is to disregard Court's ruling that allows Amaral's book back on circulation, and ruling that his fundamental human right to freedom of expression must not be breached.

Two things are guaranteed upfront : they wont do something as brain dead as go against the court's rulings meaning (1) they can't stop sale of book (2) they cant stop Amaral discussing or writing about their case, or they will be in contempt of Court. Effectively, things are back to square one, and there is absolutely nought they can do about it.

It is clear they capitulated after they'd lost the 3 intermediary (injunction, appeal, and return of books) cases running up to the libel, effectively rendering their libel (based or reasoned mainly on the book) no leg to stand on. To suddenly now come on to try and claim compassion or use that stance as excuse to withdraw would make them a joke and a mockery of everything, not to mention insult people's intelligence and will be badly viewed. They left it too late for any stupid stunt like that - they wont be believed. To save face, at most they might claim (very likely) low fund, reserved for search ( which incidentally they've earmarked the rest of fund for the future search, listed in the published accounts for the first ever). It is a move to pre-empt claims on the Fund, as surely they must have known they were going to cave in before the publication of the accounts.

If there should be a gagging clause, it can only be a unilateral one, gagging the mccanns from disclosing settlement terms. It can't be any other way -- think about it -- while bearing the Court's rulings in mind, hence cause of their capitulation.

p.s. Amaral's new lawyer is happening "hot guy" .

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 19.01.13 16:17

speaking of houses ed1976 (I rather doubt you'd bet yours on being right in your assumption) the McCanns haven't bet anything on their own house to look for Madeleine have they? They are sitting comfortably esconsed, with a limited company suing people, a police review paid for by the UK taxpayer, a search that's non-existent apart from an awareness campaign (I still don't know what that is and why it would cost so much).

Remember that these people told us they left their children alone in an unlocked apartment abroad whilst they went out each evening on holiday. These people were supported by public donations whilst they stayed in PDL and everyone else was looking for Madeleine. These people were afforded every single resource of the Portuguese police, the local people, the UK press and the UK people. The UK public threw money at a fund set up in record time.

The only risk these people have ever taken was to leave their kids alone and then blame other people for not finding her or not agreeing with them. They certainly haven't shown anything publicly to suggest they have used a single penny of their own money - please correct me if I'm wrong. No, the McCanns returned to UK to the same house and sue other people for their houses.

The sick thing in all of this litigation is that it's done absolutely bugger all to find out what happened to Madeleine. Lawyers coffers are swollen. The Fund coffers are swollen. The McCanns still live in their house. Kate has become an ambassador for Missing People (I find that unbelievable), the McCanns enjoy a relatively private life - the press don't hound them on the streets for photos, Gerry goes to work, Kate does whatever Kate does, the press print articles which may as well be cut and pasted from press releases. No, the McCanns have lost nothing and wagered nothing in financial terms to find Madeleine. The press don't even probe the Fund accounts. The press don't wonder if the McCanns are driving posh cars or holidaying. The press don't ask questions about how the McCanns can afford to pay a mortgage for their house since Kate gave up work (the fund helped pay their mortgage initially when they were in PDL so I am led to believe). No, the press leave them alone. For now.

The McCanns are imo vicious litigators and Madeleine and anyone who disagrees with them loses no matter what.

JUST MY OPINION

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13380

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 19.01.13 16:18

Me wrote:
Cristobell wrote:I have put a few thoughts on this matter on my blog :)

Well we have been here before but i tend to agree.

The key i think now is how or if the settlement is disclosed and then how or if it is spun, sorry "presented", to the wider media.

If it is case of the cards tumbling then i see full disclosure as to their defeat and the nature of it against Amaral, pulling out of TB's trial and then perhaps shortly after a conclusion to the review which confirms publically that the Yard agree with the Portugese assessment that all roads point to further questioning of the T9 as there are no other viable leads form the case whcih support abduction.

Then i can see the media jumping all over the story again and public pressure forcing them to either go back to Portugal for questioning or indeed to being pulled in by the Yard for real examination (unlike the limp Rogatories).

Once under real scrutiny and open to proper questioning then we will finally be getting somewhere.

That's when i can see real momentum conspiring against them and them losing, for the first time since they were arguido's, control of the situation.

They do have a habit of pulling rabbits out of hats though but who, 3 or 4 years ago, could have foreseen Lance Armstrong caving in as he has.

It looks to me as if even the shills on twitter do not know what is going on and the lack of spin is conspicuous by its absence. They have to come up with something brilliant, or their threats in the future will be meaningless. As I have said in my blog, what the settlement means, whoever made the decision to allow this case to go as far as the 'door of the court' was/is insane.

They need to be 80/90% sure they will win against Tony next week, if they seriously want to go ahead with it. Judge T has already intimated that a full libel trial should precede his Judgement, and I doubt very much the McCanns will have the stomach for another libel case - its a huge risk, if the Judge orders a libel trial, they will have to go through with it, and win. CR will get paid, either way of course.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 19.01.13 16:20

Ashwarya wrote:I think now we have have almost 6 years' worth of insights into the respective characters of the McCann pair and Detective Amaral under our belts, we can be confident that had Sr Amaral requested a delay in proceedings in order to negotiate an exit strategy we would have seen some very different headlines in the likes of the Mail and the Mirror today. May I suggest one: "Disgraced Porto plod backs out of court showdown with tragic Maddy Mum".
Antonella Thingie is also strangely quiet.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16595

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 19.01.13 16:22

Observer wrote:"A thesis without evidence is meaningless." Spare me Hobs, this is so wrong, a thesis should be accepted as fact until proven otherwise. Example, E=Mc2.

Those were gerry's own words not mine.

His thesis was that Madeleine was abducted and is not suffering any serious harm. There is no evidence apart from their own statements to prove this.

Amaral's thesis, along with that of the PJ and subesequently Tony bennet and Pat brown plus sundry journalists and pretty much anyone with common sense and can read, is, that, Madeleine died in apartment 5a at some point during the week and her body was subsequently removed and concealed. This then led to the filing of a false police report ie the abduction.

The evidence being the reaction of blood and cadaver dogs behind the sofa and to the wardrobe in the parents room, a light reaction to a flower bed outside the apartment, body fluids on the florr and wall and also freshly laundered and still damp curtians ( why wash the curtains in a holiday apartment anyway?) reactions of the dogs to a red child's t shirt, cuddle cat, kates black and white checked trousers and the hire car.

kate perjured herself in the leveson enquiry by claiming there were no bodily fluids in the car when previously both she and gerry had blamed it on dirty diapers, sweaty sandals and rotting eat ( plus Sean's love of sea bass)

There is also the freezer which was allegedly dumped by gerry as per his blog which was mysteriously whoosh clucked ( probably when he realised how incriminating it would look)

Do we know if the apartment owner was contacted about a broken freezer? was there a freezer in the apartment and if so was it the same one as was there before the mccanns arrived?

If it was a new one and the apartment owner didn't replace it or the freezer in it when they left was not the same one that was in it when they arrived then awkward questions need to be asked of gerry.

In regard to a thesis being accepted as fact until proven otherwise does this mean i can have a thesis which shows that you are in fact a pink nelliefant hiding inside the shell of a what appears to be a human body?

The pink nelliefant is in fact invisible to all except those who believe in possession by pink nelliefant.

X-rays, MRI and CAT scanners will not reveal the presence of said pink nelliefant unless you believe in which case you will see them and wonder how the heck a pink nellifant can squeeze itself into a human body (good diet, flexible joints and a lot of pushing and pulling of bodily particles plus careful placing of the trunk when using a male human shell)

Evidence leads to a thesis, there was evidence of blackholes yet no one knew what they were until one day bingo bog black hole was found. They thought they were rare until they found one at the centre of several galaxies including ourown.

The same with the god particle. they knew something was there, they could see it's affect on the universe, they didn' know what it was. They came up with a thesis that explained what they were seeing and then they played hunt the particle using the LHC so they could verify said particle existed

Researcher/Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19.01.13 16:31

Ashwarya wrote:I think now we have have almost 6 years' worth of insights into the respective characters of the McCann pair and Detective Amaral under our belts, we can be confident that had Sr Amaral requested a delay in proceedings in order to negotiate an exit strategy we would have seen some very different headlines in the likes of the Mail and the Mirror today. May I suggest one: "Disgraced Porto plod backs out of court showdown with tragic Maddy Mum". It beggars belief that having lost everything that mattered to him he would settle for anything less than the reinstatement of his integrity and adequate compensation for his own and his family's great suffering. Plus justice for Maddie at last, of course.
brilliant

parapono
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 19.01.13 16:32

PeterMac wrote:
Ashwarya wrote:I think now we have have almost 6 years' worth of insights into the respective characters of the McCann pair and Detective Amaral under our belts, we can be confident that had Sr Amaral requested a delay in proceedings in order to negotiate an exit strategy we would have seen some very different headlines in the likes of the Mail and the Mirror today. May I suggest one: "Disgraced Porto plod backs out of court showdown with tragic Maddy Mum".
Antonella Thingie is also strangely quiet.

Antonella legionella (lazzeri) does not like me one bit. We have crossed swords a couple of times and each time on my presenting logical well reasoned and polite points she has had a tantrum, thrown her toys out the pram and sulked.Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 689349

This of course tells me which buttons to press and only encourages me to poke her with a large pointy stick before sitting back and waiting for the Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 654494 Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 3262454623Blacksmith - Stating The McCann's Will Settle On Amaral's Terms ........PLUS NEW ***McCanns ask for extrajudicial settlement  by Joana Morais**TRIAL NOW SUSPENDED** - Page 8 362910.

Researcher/Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 19.01.13 16:51

Also strange that only the Mirror and Mail have mcstories today. Just lately the Sun doesn't seem to go with Clarrie's press releases. Perhaps it's because most of their journalists are under investigation. Will the Express print a story tomorrow? Doubt it because when the rolling news media couldn't give us enough of the case in Lisbon a couple of years ago I think there was only one sentence when Dr A was allowed to have his books back.

UK media is spineless.

As for the comments stating Tony is quiet - why should he reveal his thought/actions on an open forum read by TM and their lawyers.
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top