The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon - Page 2 Mm11

Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon - Page 2 Mm11

Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon - Page 2 Regist10

Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon

Post by tigger 04.11.12 14:53

This reminds me of the pool photo used in the holiday website not so long ago, which was widely condemned by the press and TM.

Indeed, what is going on?

Sami, try Ebay, see if a little used, good quality wristband is available there.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon

Post by Guest 04.11.12 14:54

sami wrote:If I enter a search on the amazon site "madeleine shopping bag" there are a number of results returned and one of them is that bag in Peter Mac's link.

The Find Madeline site is up and running but when I go into their online store, there are no products available to purchase, just an error message. I am distraught, I wanted a good quality wristband.

Art247.com own website has Madeleine items listed for sale, even a print of the spotty man ! What is going on ?

]

Yes you are right sami, it's all very odd, because I searched amazon with madeleine tote shopping bag and bags and all sorts of combinations and it never came up, only that Madeleine art print. Something funny going on methinks.

[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=madeleine+shopping+bag]http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=madeleine+shopping+bag
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.12 14:55

It remains to be seen if the company has permission from the McCanns to be selling these wonderful items; if not, it will be something else for Carter-Ruck to do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.11.12 16:03

aquila wrote:The original title of the thread was New Product iirc. I think it's only fair to point out that the title of a thread has been changed. PeterMac gave the link. Is it fair to ask where he found that link?
ETA. Who decided it was a spoof and who changed the thread title?
The link is still there
Type Madeleine McCann into the Amazon.co.uk site and the items re No 8 and no 11

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=madeleine+mccann&sprefix=madeleine%2Caps%2C262

If it is a spoof, why go to all that trouble ?

But no doubt they'll be "Furious"

Edited to add, I"ve just gone into the link as it appears in this posting and it works.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16595

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.11.12 16:40

Why is this being treated as a spoof?
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.11.12 16:50

ShuBob wrote:Why is this being treated as a spoof?
Because, whatever we may already think of TM, this is too horrible to imagine as real.
The wristbands, T shirts, holiday packs, flying lanterns, and the rest were gross enough.
This must be a spoof. But why, and by whom ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16595

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.12 16:53

PeterMac wrote:
Because, whatever we may already think of TM, this is too horrible to imagine as real.
The wristbands, T shirts, holiday packs, flying lanterns, and the rest were gross enough.

Surely they would sell the items themselves on their own website, and have the company make them. There would at least be a pic of the items and say they were available through Amazon..... wouldn't they? If this company is selling them, are they donating to the Find Madleine website?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.11.12 16:54

PeterMac wrote:

Not really as far as I'm concerned!

Having said that, it could be someone unrelated to them trying to cash in. I'm not convinced it's a spoof.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.12 17:01

ShuBob wrote:
PeterMac wrote:

Not really as far as I'm concerned!

Having said that, it could be someone unrelated to them trying to cash in. I'm not convinced it's a spoof.

It could also be someone related to them who, witnessing the money roll in, is trying to jump on the gravy train himself or herself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.11.12 17:03

Quite, Portia.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 04.11.12 18:57

Sadly, I would not be certain it is a spoof either. Chances are it is, purely because of their selling the spotty man suspect print. The other merchandise I could see them selling.

Maybe it is the first step in the closing down of the official fund, thereby branching out into other retailers, to make money, but in not such an obvious way. That would not surprise me either.

If it were a blue tennis bag for sale, then I would be certain it is a spoof. Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon - Page 2 110921
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.11.12 19:02

Perhaps we could think of other items which would guarantee this is a spoof.

Baby alarms.

Heavy duty air freshener which remove all smells, even those of dead bodies.

Economy size bottles of Calpol.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 04.11.12 23:31

This is definitely NOT a spoof.

Art247 have a website where they go so much further than just a tote bag

http://www.art247.com/Search/?print=1&search=madeleine+mccann&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0

Unit 30 Maitland Road
Lion Barn Ind. Est.
Needham Market
IP6 8NZ

How low can someone go?

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.11.12 23:39

Gillyspot wrote:This is definitely NOT a spoof.

http://www.art247.com/Search/?print=1&search=madeleine+mccann&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0

Unit 30 Maitland Road
Lion Barn Ind. Est.
Needham Market
IP6 8NZ

How low can someone go?
On that link, the copyright details (not quite sure what they mean, though) come up as follows:

Copyright Details

Images are 100% unofficial, licensed independently through press associations and independent photographers and are not licensed or endorsed by the individuals depicted in the images themselves.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 04.11.12 23:43

Of course K & G McCann have had Madeleine effectively copyrighted so I imagine that a certain company (I have found out who the company & directors really are) will be in trouble tomorrow.

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.11.12 8:48

The copyright details must mean that the images have been used without the permission of the McCanns so it's hardly likely that they will allow anyone other than themselves to make money out of their daughter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 05.11.12 11:17

Jean wrote:The copyright details must mean that the images have been used without the permission of the McCanns so it's hardly likely that they will allow anyone other than themselves to make money out of their daughter.

Quite.

IIRC, the couple complained about TB using an image of Maddie on one of his booklets without permission. They may also have complained about Amaral's use of Maddie's image on the cover of The Truth of the Lie but I'm not certain.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 05.11.12 11:19

Unit 30 Maitland Road
Lion Barn Ind. Est.
Needham Market
IP6 8NZ

How low can someone go?

They can't go any lower than the McCanns surely?
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 05.11.12 11:26

Tony Bennett wrote:

Unit 30 Maitland Road
Lion Barn Ind. Est.
Needham Market
IP6 8NZ

How low can someone go?
On that link, the copyright details (not quite sure what they mean, though) come up as follows:

Copyright Details

Images are 100% unofficial, licensed independently through press associations and independent photographers and are not licensed or endorsed by the individuals depicted in the images themselves.

I think it means that they've got permission from collective copyright agencies who take a fee from them for use of copyrighted material and then pass some of the money to the copyright owners. So, instead of going to individual copyright owners to ask for permission, you go to these agencies. They are in effect "copyright dealers". The owners generally don't have a say in how the materials are used unless they specifically stipulate exceptions.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 05.11.12 12:32

Maybe the spotty man will come forward to complain about his image being used. Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon - Page 2 302873
sami

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.11.12 13:30

ShuBob wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Unit 30 Maitland Road
Lion Barn Ind. Est.
Needham Market
IP6 8NZ

How low can someone go?

Copyright Details

I think it means that they've got permission from collective copyright agencies who take a fee from them for use of copyrighted material and then pass some of the money to the copyright owners. So, instead of going to individual copyright owners to ask for permission, you go to these agencies. They are in effect "copyright dealers". The owners generally don't have a say in how the materials are used unless they specifically stipulate exceptions.

Knowing the financial acumen of TM, would they really have forgotten to stipulate execptions as to taste, propriety, sort of goods etc etc? Or would they willingly have signed away all of these considerations in order to have some agency make them more quick bucks? Surely, that is hard to conceive, or isn't it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 05.11.12 15:57

Portia, IMO those items being offered for sale on Art247's website are right up the McCanns' street. I'm more surprised that folk are more willing to believe it's a spoof site (it may be) than a real business Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon - Page 2 526998
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissie 05.11.12 16:25

Posted on their FB page two hours ago:

We've had some questions regarding our online
store. The only merchandise authorised by us is merchandise sold in our
online store. We use Google Checkout for our online store. We ask that
you do not purchase outside our online store. We ...
are
not responsible for other online stores.

In addition,
merchandise sold outside of our online store is violating copyright law.
Our age progression image is copyrighted to Teri Blythe and cannot be
used without written permission from her.

http://findmadeleine.com/online_store/

ETA:

• Madeleine McCann shopping bags and fine art prints - for sale on Amazon - Page 2 592106_113819004930_1119520550_q

Official
    Find Madeleine Campaign
    Siobhan
    Jebb
    We definitely want people sharing the picture. It's when people use
    Madeleine's image to make money without our or the copyright holder's
    permission we have an issue with.
    minutes ago
chrissie

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 05.11.12 17:04

Thanks Chrissie for the information.

Snipped from your post:

"Our age progression image is copyrighted to Teri Blythe and cannot be used without written permission from her. "

Have they confirmed with Teri that she hasn't given permission to third parties to use the image? What about the artist who came up with "Spotty Man"?
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 05.11.12 17:56

Why would this company take it upon themselves to use Madeleine images for products - of all the images in all of the world, why those ? I cannot see how they could consider it to be a best selling item.

The age progression might be copyright to the artist, what about Madeleine's own image - is that not of the McCanns ? Why have they not complained about that ?

I notice it is the original age progression image used, not the most recent. It was stated in May when the new image was released that it had been commissioned by Scotland Yard, I assume the copyright will remain vested in the artist. However it is interesting it is the older image and not the up to date one that has been reproduced.

I tend to agree with ShuBob, I would not be one little bit surprised if team McCann are behind this, perhaps as sleeping partners. I just don't get why any company would suddenly now decide to produce merchandise, nearly six years on.
sami

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top