The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

missing people - About Kate McCann's Appointment on Missing People Website - Page 4 Mm11

missing people - About Kate McCann's Appointment on Missing People Website - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

missing people - About Kate McCann's Appointment on Missing People Website - Page 4 Mm11

missing people - About Kate McCann's Appointment on Missing People Website - Page 4 Regist10

About Kate McCann's Appointment on Missing People Website

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

missing people - About Kate McCann's Appointment on Missing People Website - Page 4 Empty Re: About Kate McCann's Appointment on Missing People Website

Post by Woofer 15.07.12 9:09

Surely if one`s kid was missing, the environment of the police station would be the last thing a person would find to complain about - surely you`d just want to help the officers find your child (smoking or not).

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

missing people - About Kate McCann's Appointment on Missing People Website - Page 4 Empty Re: About Kate McCann's Appointment on Missing People Website

Post by Meagain 15.07.12 9:39

Woofer wrote:Surely if one`s kid was missing, the environment of the police station would be the last thing a person would find to complain about - surely you`d just want to help the officers find your child (smoking or not).

I did say similar in an earlier post Woofer. The smoking, however, would possibly have either scared me witless or I would have been green with envy because I would have been too scared to smoke under the circumstances if I was in her shoes.
Meagain

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 15.07.12 10:24

meagain /kololi
I stand to be corrected, but did Kate not describe the scene shortly after entering the police station, police wearing t -shirts standing around /seated at desks maybe, doing their work, chatting and smoking ?
Nowhere in her book do I recall her describing any detective smoking while she was being interviewed.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.07.12 10:39

Meagain wrote:
Woofer wrote:Surely if one`s kid was missing, the environment of the police station would be the last thing a person would find to complain about - surely you`d just want to help the officers find your child (smoking or not).

I did say similar in an earlier post Woofer. The smoking, however, would possibly have either scared me witless or I would have been green with envy because I would have been too scared to smoke under the circumstances if I was in her shoes.

This is a fairly pointless discussion, but I've always understood that smoking is particularly helpful in times of stress. Personally, although I smoke a total of about twenty cigarettes a year, I'd have needed the comfort.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 15.07.12 15:57

Received a response to an email to Missing People about the appointment of ambassador. They said they were 'non judgmental' about the circumstances of missing people, that Kate Mccann had 'formalised' her relationship with the charity and that they wete delighted for her 'time and energy'. Interesting ad I thought her time and energy was focussed on the 'search' for her daughter. It is also worth noting that a person in a 'deep depression' generally has no energy.Just a thought.
I continued to reply by asking other questions about suitability and the possible effect on their charity but have received no further reply.
anil39200

Activity : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 15.07.12 16:01

Unless of course the comment wss mafe to emphasize the smearing of the police in question, making them look bad to the, British public who have now had to get used to no smoking in public buildings. thumbsup
anil39200

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 15.07.12 16:47

anil39200 wrote:Received a response to an email to Missing People about the appointment of ambassador. They said they were 'non judgmental' about the circumstances of missing people, that Kate Mccann had 'formalised' her relationship with the charity and that they wete delighted for her 'time and energy'. Interesting ad I thought her time and energy was focussed on the 'search' for her daughter. It is also worth noting that a person in a 'deep depression' generally has no energy.Just a thought.
I continued to reply by asking other questions about suitability and the possible effect on their charity but have received no further reply.

This sounds like the standard letter they`re dishing out - someone else had one similar. Probably prepared in advance of complaints.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.07.12 16:54

Yes, this standard reply has been posted on the "Open letter to trustees" topic. I would like to think that the contents of letters and e-mails are read before being shredded but I'm not hopeful.

I believe that Kate also said in the book that Yvonne Martin reeked of alcohol and cigarettes (which if true I certainly wouldn't like) but there may of course be other reasons why she didn't want to deal with her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 15.07.12 17:32

That sounds pretty rich coming from someone in a group which haf alledgedly consumed copious amounts of wine at the dimner table in less than two hours.
anil39200

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.07.12 17:33

I am trying to trace the source of my last comment as it does not appear in the book. It is something that predates the book and I will try to find it. It stuck in my mind because it's something I would not like.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 15.07.12 18:03

candyfloss wrote:Yep, those evil, brutal, beer swigging, sardine munching Portuguese police. Hmmm. How do we know what happened in that police station. Justine McGuiness was there wasn't she, would like to hear her take on things. Perhaps she will write a book someday.
KM walked into the police station with a British Embassy official. She also had her lawyer present. She and her husband had also received prior notice that they would be interviewed.

Justine stood outside to receive KM's texts.

Weigh all that up and still the madam complains.
Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.07.12 18:04

Jean wrote:I am trying to trace the source of my last comment as it does not appear in the book. It is something that predates the book and I will try to find it. It stuck in my mind because it's something I would not like.

I think it is in her book, but she was not talking about Yvonne Martin...

A British woman in her late forties or early fifties turned up on our veranda and kept trying to put her arm round me. She was quite drunk and smelt of cigarettes and I remember willing her to go away. Then a lady appeared on a balcony and, in a plummy voice, inquired: "Can someone tell me what all the noise is about'"

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/49may11/TIMES_08_05_2011.htm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.07.12 18:09

Spaniel wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Yep, those evil, brutal, beer swigging, sardine munching Portuguese police. Hmmm. How do we know what happened in that police station. Justine McGuiness was there wasn't she, would like to hear her take on things. Perhaps she will write a book someday.
KM walked into the police station with a British Embassy official. She also had her lawyer present. She and her husband had also received prior notice that they would be interviewed.

she was inside with her as was a friend Trish,

BILTON: Kate McCann is at the station for 13 hours, but from inside she and Trish text out updates. Even at this point the message is being controlled.

McGUINNESS: We were a bit naughty because we did have messages coming out of the police station which we weren't supposed to...

BILTON: How did that work.. what, the text messages?

McGUINNESS: Yeah.
BILTON: And were the texts saying? Talk us through.
McGUINNESS: Sort of updates from things that were happening.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

What about the secrecy laws?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 15.07.12 18:13

candyfloss wrote:
Spaniel wrote:

BILTON: Kate McCann is at the station for 13 hours, but from inside she and Trish text out updates. Even at this point the message is being controlled.

McGUINNESS: We were a bit naughty because we did have messages coming out of the police station which we weren't supposed to...

Just like a set of silly mouthy schoolgirls thinking they are big and clever.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.07.12 18:15

Thanks for the quote Candyfloss about the less than fragrant visitor on the veranda. That could well be it, it sounds much as I remember it. I wonder who that woman was - assuming she existed - and why she was never heard of at the time as a potential witness.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 15.07.12 18:21

candyfloss wrote:
Spaniel wrote:

Even worse then candlyfloss. As I remember J M standing banked by cameras and gloating at the text message situation. I thought she was outside.

So KM had an Embassy official, her lawyer, her official spokesperson appointed by the British Government and her sister-in law with her, but she still complained.
How anyone can worship at the feet of this vile woman is beyond me.

Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.07.12 18:26

I have read that another way now, and it may be that just KM and Trish were inside and Justine outside. You can read it two ways I suppose.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 15.07.12 18:45

The booze and the cigarette smoke gives an aura of sleaze. It is a narrative device. Think of Rick's Bar in Casablanca. And of course, with the fierce anti smoking culture that dominates our society, it is an affront to our civil liberties. It works on many levels.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by tuom 15.07.12 20:27

candyfloss wrote:
Jean wrote:I am trying to trace the source of my last comment as it does not appear in the book. It is something that predates the book and I will try to find it. It stuck in my mind because it's something I would not like.

I think it is in her book, but she was not talking about Yvonne Martin...

A British woman in her late forties or early fifties turned up on our veranda and kept trying to put her arm round me. She was quite drunk and smelt of cigarettes and I remember willing her to go away. Then a lady appeared on a balcony and, in a plummy voice, inquired: "Can someone tell me what all the noise is about'"

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/49may11/TIMES_08_05_2011.htm

Was this the social worker who thought she could help the MC's ? I may be mistaken but I thought it was and the plummy voice was Mrs. Fenn ? all open to correction of course , I do not have the book to clarify
tuom
tuom

Activity : 583

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.07.12 20:30

Yes you're correct Tuom.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Meagain 15.07.12 22:35

Eating humble pie here.

I had forgotten about the texts messages. Seems a bit cheeky to point out the shortfalls of another if you are indulging in mischief yourself. I will still stand by my post about PACE, however, and would hope that if any of us find ourselves in custody, in for questioning, helping the Police with their enquiries etc, somewhere around the world, we would be treated as we would in an English police station.

K.

Meagain

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top