The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New Paperback Book. Mm11

New Paperback Book. Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New Paperback Book. Mm11

New Paperback Book. Regist10

New Paperback Book.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Paperback Book. Empty New Paperback Book.

Post by PeterMac 11.05.12 8:10

Amazon.co.uk

Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her [Paperback]
Kate McCann (Author)
RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.86

Formats
-------------------- Amazon Price----New from------Used from
Hardcover...........£13.00.............£9.74............... £1.59
Paperback............£3.86...............£3.39.............. £2.70
Audio Download, Unabridged £18.07 or Free with Audible.co.uk 30-day free trial

and email to me this morning 11 May
Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

You saved £1.25 with Amazon.co.uk's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her
Price on order date: £5.11
Price charged at dispatch: £3.86
Lowest price up to and including release date: £3.86
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: £1.25

£1.25 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.co.uk, and we hope to see you again soon.

Obviously a runaway best seller already. The publicity has clearly worked.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16581

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

New Paperback Book. Empty Re: New Paperback Book.

Post by dentdelion 11.05.12 8:34

The 'used' copies of the paperback now available may be ones that were brought out last year at the time of the original hardback version. In Ireland I think only the paperback one was available for purchase from last May.
dentdelion
dentdelion

Activity : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 11.05.12 10:49

dentdelion wrote:The 'used' copies of the paperback now available may be ones that were brought out last year at the time of the original hardback version. In Ireland I think only the paperback one was available for purchase from last May.
In which case they do not contain the "Epilogue",
So by a simple calculation that bit is worth £ 3.39 - £ 2.70 = 69 pence !
Cheap at half the price.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16581

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 15.05.12 2:21

It has from day one been in the Tesco '2 for £7 or £3.86' offer!!! Would be good for reference but I won't supply a penny to the McCanns and I don't steal so, oh, what a shame - I'll have to go without. I think I'll live! Wink

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.12 9:08

Must admit to being curious if certain toe-curling and New Paperback Book. 442375629 comments have been removed - has anyone checked out page 129 and wherever the "loving and pleasing her" comment was?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 15.05.12 11:08

Jean wrote:Must admit to being curious if certain toe-curling and New Paperback Book. 442375629 comments have been removed - has anyone checked out page 129 and wherever the "loving and pleasing her" comment was?

There is software to compare texts, if anyone has access to such - would be marvellous! Yes, I wondered too if we have been editing the bewk for them!
Certainly we've done a better job than CR! (I always like to think of a fictional character there, such as Kevin, the office boy - with a list of forbidden words and phrases on the desk, scrolling through the forum. Hello Kev!

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 15.05.12 15:34

rainbow-fairy wrote:It has from day one been in the Tesco '2 for £7 or £3.86' offer!!! Would be good for reference but I won't supply a penny to the McCanns and I don't steal so, oh, what a shame - I'll have to go without. I think I'll live! Wink

Hi Rainbow-fairy,

Did you notice what the other books on offer were in the '2 for 7 pounds' bargain deal? Science Fiction? Self-Help? Diets are a waste of time? Romance?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 15.05.12 15:59

Maybe the 2 for £7 offer includes 'The Interpretation Of Murder' winkwink
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 15.05.12 16:05

'Photoshopping for Beginners'
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 15.05.12 16:29

aquila wrote:'Photoshopping for Beginners'

Here is a good example of photoshopping. The Last photo

New Paperback Book. Scaled.php?server=210&filename=lastphotoorigcrop

Ooophs.....where have gerry and Amelie gone? lol! The wall behind looks so perfect! taking gerry and Amelie out would leave a blank hole to be filled, so fantastic job in filling the hole with a wall that looks like it is the real actual wall! lol! Oh and whats happened to the white rim around the pool lol!
New Paperback Book. Scaled.php?server=703&filename=lastphotobrusells
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.05.12 21:45

jd wrote:
aquila wrote:'Photoshopping for Beginners'

Here is a good example of photoshopping. The Last photo

New Paperback Book. Scaled.php?server=210&filename=lastphotoorigcrop

Ooophs.....where have gerry and Amelie gone? lol! The wall behind looks so perfect! taking gerry and Amelie out would leave a blank hole to be filled, so fantastic job in filling the hole with a wall that looks like it is the real actual wall! lol! Oh and whats happened to the white rim around the pool lol!
New Paperback Book. Scaled.php?server=703&filename=lastphotobrusells

Completely off topic, but I just noticed the bead in the childs hair.

KM somewhere remarks taking it from this hair. That must have been after the picture was taken and before Maddie went missing. The bead must have been around in appartment 5A, logically. And with it: DNA. So: where did the bead go? Did it show up in the PJ records, or was it woosh-clunked too?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 15.05.12 23:05

Good question Portia which I do not know the answer. I'd also like to know if the PJ have the pink nightie dress (which to me looks more for sleeping in than going to a public pool) in this photo that Maddie is wearing....must have lots of her DNA on it, so where is it. did the PJ take it? Have they ever seen it in real life? Ive never seen it anywhere else except in this photo
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 16.05.12 7:30

jd wrote:Good question Portia which I do not know the answer. I'd also like to know if the PJ have the pink nightie dress (which to me looks more for sleeping in than going to a public pool) in this photo that Maddie is wearing....must have lots of her DNA on it, so where is it. did the PJ take it? Have they ever seen it in real life? Ive never seen it anywhere else except in this photo

The bead story only turned up after the photograph was published. I'm still convinced it's a younger Maddie. Not only should the bead have been in the apartment, the pink dress and the shorts should have been there too.
In the book I think Kate gets the colour of the dress wrong. She forgot the 'bead' too until it seemed a good detail to use? In fact it's not a bead but an elastic wound round and round.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 16.05.12 13:57

did anyone find out if page 128 had been altered, as there were books on a table in winterspoons(made up name) bookshop yesterday and it might be a bit bad if some little kiddie started to read that page and got really upset and it put them off the "search"
anil39200

Activity : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 16.05.12 16:38

anil39200 wrote:did anyone find out if page 128 had been altered, as there were books on a table in winterspoons(made up name) bookshop yesterday and it might be a bit bad if some little kiddie started to read that page and got really upset and it put them off the "search"
Well anil392000, if not removed, its certainly been moved... There is no "haltingly, I told him of the awful pictures that scrolled through my head, her perfect genitals torn apart". I never owned the book but I'm certain it appeared in chapter 'Aftermath' I'm sure PeterMac could tell us. ?

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.05.12 16:52

rainbow-fairy wrote:
anil39200 wrote:did anyone find out if page 128 had been altered, as there were books on a table in winterspoons(made up name) bookshop yesterday and it might be a bit bad if some little kiddie started to read that page and got really upset and it put them off the "search"
Well anil392000, if not removed, its certainly been moved... There is no "haltingly, I told him of the awful pictures that scrolled through my head, her perfect genitals torn apart". I never owned the book but I'm certain it appeared in chapter 'Aftermath' I'm sure PeterMac could tell us. ?

How do you know it's been removed or moved rainbow-fairy? I did see on MM the other day a poster said it wasn't on page 129 when she looked in bookshop, but that means nothing as the paperback version probably different print set up, ie smaller or larger would make page nos different surely?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 16.05.12 17:58

candyfloss wrote:
rainbow-fairy wrote:

How do you know it's been removed or moved rainbow-fairy? I did see on MM the other day a poster said it wasn't on page 129 when she looked in bookshop, but that means nothing as the paperback version probably different print set up, ie smaller or larger would make page nos different surely?
Hi candyfloss, not sure if my mistake (not clear enogh) or yours (skim-read). If you re-read the bit I've coloured, you'll see that I didn't say it had been removed rather I thought it had been 'moved' - probably for the reason you said - typesetting etc... I would think it a risky strategy to remove anything from what was, we were told 'an account of the truth'. Still, there can be many many versions of a 'story' - however the truth has one version and one only...

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.05.12 18:09

Ah ok rainbow-fairy, when you said if not removed its certainly been moved, I thought that is what you meant. thumbsup
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 21.05.12 14:51

I just came across this on Amazon. An 18 page booklet. Not seen this before. Has anyone bought it? When was it published? Mods please move or delete if required.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Disappearance-Madeleine-Maddie-McCann-ebook/dp/B007PXBACM/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by dentdelion 30.05.12 13:00

Has anyone had a chance to compare the two books? Is it the same with the addition of the epilogue? It featured as 'no 1' in an airport bookshop yesterday and part of an offer of "buy one book, get second half price".
dentdelion
dentdelion

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 30.05.12 13:34

dentdelion wrote:Has anyone had a chance to compare the two books? Is it the same with the addition of the epilogue? It featured as 'no 1' in an airport bookshop yesterday and part of an offer of "buy one book, get second half price".

It was 2 for £7 in Tesco from day of release ~ obviously pushing the book hard, not expected to be a best seller!

P129 seems to have either. Moved location or removed completely. ~ I skimmed all of 'Aftermath' and I sure. Couldn't see it! Any1 brave enought to buy it? I'm extreme but I refuse to give K+G a penny Wink

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.05.12 13:48

rainbow-fairy wrote:
dentdelion wrote:Has anyone had a chance to compare the two books? Is it the same with the addition of the epilogue? It featured as 'no 1' in an airport bookshop yesterday and part of an offer of "buy one book, get second half price".

It was 2 for £7 in Tesco from day of release ~ obviously pushing the book hard, not expected to be a best seller!

P129 seems to have either. Moved location or removed completely. ~ I skimmed all of 'Aftermath' and I sure. Couldn't see it! Any1 brave enought to buy it? I'm extreme but I refuse to give K+G a penny Wink

I think p129 is the wrong page number . I guess this page refer to when K talk about M's privat parts? I have the original book and its defently not anything about that on page 129.... cant remember what page it is on, can check when I get home...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by dentdelion 30.05.12 20:34

In my hardback copy, page 127 is the extract about 'pleasing her, enjoying her delight....' and page 129 is the bit about the 'horrible thoughts or visions' etc. A cursory look at the paperback version has different text on 129.
dentdelion
dentdelion

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 30.05.12 21:49

dentdelion wrote:In my hardback copy, page 127 is the extract about 'pleasing her, enjoying her delight....' and page 129 is the bit about the 'horrible thoughts or visions' etc. A cursory look at the paperback version has different text on 129.
Thank you dentdelion. I was sure I was right on that one. Where has it gone, I wonder???

rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by pingunootnoot 02.06.12 21:20

rainbow-fairy wrote:
dentdelion wrote:In my hardback copy, page 127 is the extract about 'pleasing her, enjoying her delight....' and page 129 is the bit about the 'horrible thoughts or visions' etc. A cursory look at the paperback version has different text on 129.
Thank you dentdelion. I was sure I was right on that one. Where has it gone, I wonder???

I can confirm that Kate's horrible thoughts is now on page 164.
My partner stupidly invested in the book for me.
pingunootnoot

Activity : 40

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top