The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New Paperback Book. - Page 2 Mm11

New Paperback Book. - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New Paperback Book. - Page 2 Mm11

New Paperback Book. - Page 2 Regist10

New Paperback Book.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Paperback Book. - Page 2 Empty Re: New Paperback Book.

Post by tigger 02.06.12 21:22

pingunootnoot wrote:
rainbow-fairy wrote:
dentdelion wrote:In my hardback copy, page 127 is the extract about 'pleasing her, enjoying her delight....' and page 129 is the bit about the 'horrible thoughts or visions' etc. A cursory look at the paperback version has different text on 129.
Thank you dentdelion. I was sure I was right on that one. Where has it gone, I wonder???

I can confirm that Kate's horrible thoughts is now on page 164.
My partner stupidly invested in the book for me.

She hasn't paid enough attention to our free editing service! Carter Ruck didn't do a very good job imo.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by pingunootnoot 02.06.12 21:30

tigger wrote:
pingunootnoot wrote:
rainbow-fairy wrote:
dentdelion wrote:In my hardback copy, page 127 is the extract about 'pleasing her, enjoying her delight....' and page 129 is the bit about the 'horrible thoughts or visions' etc. A cursory look at the paperback version has different text on 129.
Thank you dentdelion. I was sure I was right on that one. Where has it gone, I wonder???

I can confirm that Kate's horrible thoughts is now on page 164.
My partner stupidly invested in the book for me.

She hasn't paid enough attention to our free editing service! Carter Ruck didn't do a very good job imo.
Very true!
As a mother myself, i can't comprehend how that 'thought' has been put to paper for the whole world to read. It just doesn't sit right.
pingunootnoot

Activity : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 03.06.12 17:04

Their daughter Madeleine disappeared on the evening 3rd May 2007 from a holiday apartment whilst they sat enjoying tapas with a bunch of friends. Some believe the poor child was kidnapped. Others have alternative theories. A public fund to find “Maddie” raised hundreds of thousands of pounds but Mrs McCann’s book, Madeleine, contains so many references to trips on private jets and meeting famous people that it makes one question whether the search for the child or fame has become the focus.

http://thesteepletimes.com/gerry-kate-mccann/?position=5

friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.12 18:30

It's doing well at WHSmiths!

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/ChartResults.aspx?chart=PaperbackNonFictionChart
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.06.12 19:42

friedtomatoes wrote:Their daughter Madeleine disappeared on the evening 3rd May 2007 from a holiday apartment whilst they sat enjoying tapas with a bunch of friends. Some believe the poor child was kidnapped. Others have alternative theories. A public fund to find “Maddie” raised hundreds of thousands of pounds but Mrs McCann’s book, Madeleine, contains so many references to trips on private jets and meeting famous people that it makes one question whether the search for the child or fame has become the focus.
http://thesteepletimes.com/gerry-kate-mccann/?position=5
But look at the comments !
Posted here before they are whooshed.
Gillian says:
June 2, 2012 at 12:12 pm
Having met this pair at the 2010 PACT reception at Ralph Lauren in Fulham Road, where I unwisely supported that so-called “cause,” I can’t say I liked the McCanns. It doesn’t make them guilty of anything but there is just something not quite right about this entire case. I hope poor Maddie is OK, wherever she is or may be resting.
Charlie McManus says:
June 2, 2012 at 3:58 pm
Nicely put but you are wrong about guilt. They are only guilty of having left the child by itself. It is not their fault she was stolen and I am still of the belief that she’s alive and will be found.
Aster says:
June 2, 2012 at 5:58 pm
I’ve met them too and I completely agree with what you say.
It’s all very strange indeed.
ElementaryForce says:
June 2, 2012 at 3:43 pm
Madeleine McCann fund raised £2 million in first 10 months
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/4382006/Madeleine-McCann-fund-raised-2-million-in-first-10-months.html
“Accounts registered at Companies House show that between May 2007 and March 2008, £1.4 million was received in bank donations, £390,000 was given via the internet and the sales of t-shirts and wristbands raised £64,000″
Charlie McManus says:
June 2, 2012 at 3:55 pm
That’s a good effort and I hope it is being put to good use in the attempt to find Madeleine.
ElementaryForce says:
June 2, 2012 at 4:10 pm
No – it was used to pay the mortgage
Angela Post says:
June 2, 2012 at 3:44 pm
If they hadn’t left the child by itself then none of this would have occurred. There was a babysitting service and a creche and if they really couldn’t afford that (which I don’t believe), one of them should have stayed in the apartment and cared for the little ones. They are IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTS and a DISGRACE.
Charlie McManus says:
June 2, 2012 at 3:57 pm
Come off it. It isn’t their fault someone stole their child. They didn’t ask for that to happen.
WellyWarmers says:
June 2, 2012 at 5:25 pm
When you leave your house to dine with friends etc., you also leave the doors unlocked do you?
I am sure your answer is NO.
So, IF they did leave their doors unlocked, and it is a big IF, did they ask for it to happen?
Charlie McManus says:
June 2, 2012 at 3:49 pm
You all jump on the anti McCann bandwagon. They made a mistake in leaving the children but that doesn’t mean Madeleine’s plight is down to them. Blame whoever took her. The poor girl is still missing and their distress continues. Support them rather than attack.
WellyWarmers says:
June 2, 2012 at 5:19 pm
Mistake?
I beg to differ, a mistake is a minor occurance. I don’t consider leaving three small children night after night a mistake!
IMO it was pre-meditated at the very least, especially when Madeleine supposedly asked her parents why they had not come when she and Sean were crying the night before. If this was the case what sort of parents would leave their children again? Not responsible parents that is for sure.
John Willett says:
June 2, 2012 at 7:00 pm
Please excuse me but why exactly makes you so sure about the facts that you will openly fight the corner of this couple? Are you privy to information the rest of the world are not? I personally do think that this is a strange case, although I do think that my personal view is a product of the exposure this case has been afforded. Ironically, this exposure which is all meant to be in aid of helping this couple has potentially set certain members of the public against them because, maybe through no fault of their own, they give the impression of being bad actors (probably just nerves). But just as I find it difficult to believe members of the public would post comments against the McCanns I also find it hard to reconcile the thoughts of somebody who would champion their cause if a/ they weren’t friends with them prior to Madeleine going missing, or b/ they didn’t have some hard facts to substantiate their point of view. I mean, why bother? It isn’t going to get you or the McCanns anyway, is it?
Hugo Syn says:
June 2, 2012 at 5:12 pm
For a very detailed analysis of the Find Madeleine Fund (a private limited company) by a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Accountants (Enid O’Dowd) see:
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html
Ms O’Dowd’s conclusions:
“After reviewing the background to the setting up of the Fund and its published accounts, and getting such information from independent sources as was available, as a chartered accountant who has also worked both in a paid and voluntary capacity for charities and for ‘not for profit’ organisations, I am unable to understand why in the context of a missing child -
• the Fund (limited company) was set up only days after Madeleine vanished
• the accounts, apart from 2008, are so uninformative
• what has happened to the advance for the book Madeleine which does not appear to have been put into the Fund as people expected
• whether the Fund ever had any paid staff and in particular whether there ever was a Fund Administrator as the official Madeleine website states
• the reluctance to provide meaningful financial information
• the need for so many professional advisors, mainly lawyers and whether their fees were paid fully or in part from the Fund
why the issue of charity status has apparently not been revisited given the obvious benefits to the search for Madeleine.
People everywhere have been touched by the story of this missing child. Many have sent in money they could perhaps ill afford. These people deserve to be treated with respect; and that means publishing detailed and up-to-date information as to what the money has been spent on.”
Kat'spyjamas says:
June 2, 2012 at 6:20 pm
I suggest a reading of the @Rogatory interviews’ conducted by Leicester Police in conjunction with the Policia Judicaria. Fascinating reading.
A child could read them and work out that a great many lies have been told. The ‘Tapas 7′ should hang their heads in shame. Poor Madeleine. Betrayed by every adult around her. This tragic saga will go down in history, mark my words.
Paul Archer says:
June 2, 2012 at 6:55 pm
On a point of reference, no evidence of an abduction has ever been displayed or found.
The Mccanns claimed at the beginning that the apartment was locked, then changed their stories.
The 2 events are mutually exclusive.
The true fact that they spent several nights in a row at a Tapas Bar, eating but primarily drinking has been overlooked far too often.
They were selfish, irresponsible parents, who put their own socializing in front of their true responsibility.
THEIR CHILDREN.
Gina Prill says:
June 2, 2012 at 7:02 pm
I have just read these awful comments. How can you people sleep at night? Mr & Mrs McCann are campaigning to find their child like anyone else would. They just want their daughter back. Wouldn’t you go to every length possible? Wouldn’t you raise funds, keep talking to the press and keep on getting people to look out for her? She’s out there somewhere and one day the lovely McCanns will get her back.
john willett says:
June 2, 2012 at 7:36 pm
do you know the McCanns personally? are they lovely? can you sleep easily at night thinking you’re championing the cause of the good. well good for you.
Paul Archer says:
June 2, 2012 at 7:10 pm
Gina Prill.
Have you never seen the sky interview where Mrs. Mccann admitted they never physically searched for their own child.
Now tell me, what kind of parents does that make them ?
ElementaryForce says:
June 2, 2012 at 7:38 pm
Actually it was a BBC interview with Jane Hill – listen here
ElementaryForce says:
June 2, 2012 at 7:52 pm
“First 48 hours were incredibly difficult – we were almost non-functioning, I’d say….”
So where was the adrenaline?? Why didn’t her ‘flight or fight’ hormone kick in??
Paul Archer says:
June 2, 2012 at 7:41 pm
Thanks Elementary force. I stand corrected.
kate says:
June 2, 2012 at 9:01 pm
its easy to be rational until ur in a irrational sitation. im sure there were heaps of people telling them a search would be no good an to keep calm.
Dr Shira Silverman says:
June 2, 2012 at 9:17 pm
I hardly think that refusing to cooperate with the police, who are trying to find out what happened to your child, constitutes “doing everything possible”. The McCanns interfered with the investigation from the get-go. How they are still running around loose is a mystery.
Gina says:
June 3, 2012 at 8:31 am
How can you leave your child that very same night, when at Breakfast she informs you “where were you last night when S*** and I were crying”
Why would you set up a fund when your child could have quite easly been found that same day.
Why would you speak of setting a anniversary concert of your missing child when she could have been found that day or the next.
Why would you not answer 40+ questions when interviewed by the very same Police Officers who are trying to find YOUR missing child, the one you left night after night.
Why do you need a multi millon pound fund, and a on-line shop selling goods relating to your missing child.
Why would you sue the one person who truly wanted to find Madeleine, innocent people would’t NEED to do this would they.
I for one do not hate the McCanns, for one week I actually believed them, until they started the fund, listening to their ever changing events of that night and watching their terrible body language changed that for me, from that day forward I have never once to this day thought they McCanns innocent because they are not.
Whatever happened to Madeleine? the people responseable are the McCanns….she was their responsibilty, their child and it was up to them to lookafter her, in a foreign Country in a foreign apartment, who may I say couldn’t manage to go out and physically look for her the very night she supposedly disappeared, says it all for me.
One day very soon we will all find out the truth I have no doubt about that.
Gina says:
June 3, 2012 at 8:37 am
Correction *responsible*
Julia Johnson says:
June 3, 2012 at 11:37 am
I think they are innocent.
DodgyDrPayne says:
June 3, 2012 at 12:39 pm
Innocent of what? Anyone who thinks that cannot be conversant with the scale of their lies from the outset. Please take the time to enlighten yourself here: http://www.mccannfiles.com/id31.html then you can engage fully with this debate. Thank you.
Paul Archer says:
June 3, 2012 at 12:39 pm
Innocent of what Julia ?
Neglect ?
Would you have repeatedly left your children, night after night, eating, and drinking til the after midnight , in an apartment, all by themselves, and over 5 minuted walking distance away, and latterly they said in an unlocked apartment ????
rebekah says:
June 4, 2012 at 9:59 am
Ok, so Kate, Gerry and other Tapas members are ‘legally innocent’. So is the thug with a hammer standing over the body he’s just battered until convicted by 12 good men!
I do think this charade is coming to an endgame. PLEASE, people, ANYONE who believes this pair PLEASE read the T9 statements, the LP ‘Rogatories’.
And as you read, remember these are intelligent people. David Payne’s is very interesting – “umm, errr, you know, errr, ummm, I think, erm, eh, uhrm”
Oh and whose statement was it (David or Fiona’s) which stated emphatically that Gerry McCann “did not have a tennis bag large enough to hide… Er put a racquet in”. That is subliminal leakage and forensic linguistics at its best.
And I sleep just fine thank you, so do my two beautiful boys.
Even my 12 year old has worked out they are guilty as sin!
Monkey says:
June 4, 2012 at 2:34 pm
I have a few issues.
1. They courted the press massively. This happens most often in cases where a guilty party is trying to hide something.
2. The police dogs found evidence.
3. The witness statements regarding the forced shutters are highly questionable.
4. Having listened to hours of stuff the McCanns have said I conclude they are hiding something.
5. No trace, no leads, nothing at all to go on.
I am open minded and all I care about is the truth. In my opinion the McCanns are hiding something big. I have worked with some people who have done some horrific things and the body language/tone of voice the McCanns suggest they are hiding something dark. This is only opinion based on experience but I have been right many more times than I’ve been wrong on these issues. The truth will probably never come out. I hope I am wrong and that Maddie is found safe and well.
Meh says:
June 4, 2012 at 3:17 pm
Their child has been stolen, they’re tortured, they’re persecuted, they’re doing everything they can to find her, they did nothing wrong – it was like they were eating in their back garden, it’s the fault of whomever took her, you’re sick/heartless/deserve to die for thinking they have something to do with it, they’re amazing parents, the Portuguese police were incompetent, they didn’t deserve any of this – the list is endless.
I’ve heard it all before. All of which is ‘standard text’ propaganda put out there by the McCann’s and their team, same as ‘abduction’. For it to have been an abduction, there would need to be some evidence – there is absolutely none at all. Abduction is not proven. This is a disappearance, nothing more. Why people are still maintaining Madeleine was snatched I don’t know, it’s doing her a disservice and quite possibly pushing the whole search down the wrong route. People who don’t know anything about the intricacies of this case are just quoting verbatim from The Sun (amongst others) headlines etc.
Granted, they may not look the ‘type’ who could harm their own child, but who does look the ‘type’ who will, out of interest? The reality is that it’s far more usual that children are harmed by their parents than paedophile rings (not sure where that came from either, same as the jemmied shutters).
The McCann’s are guilty, at least of neglecting their children. The bar they were in was a 3-4 minute walk. Nobody except them and/or the guilty party knows the truth about the doors and windows being locked because there are so many thousands of discrepancies in their statements and those of all their friends.
I’ve been watching this http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=3306139 if you start watching at 5 minutes in, you’ll see Amy Fitzpatrick’s mum and stepfather talking about Amy’s disappearance (note they haven’t called it an abduction or anything other than what it actually is). They also talk about what they do to try finding her – and it’s a million miles away from the McCann’s story. They haven’t set up a company to manage the donations, the money from their book goes into the search fund (where did Kate McCann’s book advance get paid into, it wasn’t in their company accounts aka Madeleine’s Fund?) The Fitzpatricks haven’t tried to shut anyone up or sued anyone, they don’t use the most feared solicitors in the UK and they don’t hire a full time PR spokesman. They are a million miles away from the McCann’s and completely believable with it. Amy’s mum has been hospitalised twice in the last year alone, extreme exhaustion from all the searching they themselves do.
If you are a die-hard McCann supporter, do let me know the similarities between these two cases because I genuinely can’t find any. I would love to be proven wrong so please go for it!
Kat'spyjamas says:
June 4, 2012 at 4:05 pm
So we have £6000 a day at the disposal of Scotland Yard on the search for a missing child. This is tax payer’s money and we , as tax payers, are supposed to be O.K. with the Yard combing through the visions and dreams of psychics now? There are numerous indications that the poor infant never left that apartment alive. What are we to make of this?
£6000 a day!!! That could be helping living children. How many apprenticeships? How many school renovation projects? How many nurses? How many teachers? I despair.
If the Tapas 9 aren’t interviewed under caution soon I will NEVER trust The Met EVER AGAIN.
Read the Rogatory interviews and weep.
cherry says:
June 4, 2012 at 5:39 pm
Anyone defending the Mccanns needs to be aware that leaving toddlers alone is neglect, – neglect is defined
as a form of child abuse as any Child protection agency will verify. therefore those defending the Mccanns for what they did and making excuses are actually defending and making excuses for child abuse!.
Many are of the opinion that there is a lot more than neglect going on here, for those continually defending the Mccanns google Gaspar Statements, google Yvonne Martin, read the PJ files instead of making benile comments in defence of the Mccanns when you havent even bothered to do the most basic research. There are plenty of websites out there which highlight all the numerous discrepancies in the statements, interviews, book etc.,
rebekah says:
June 4, 2012 at 5:43 pm
A good place to start is ‘The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann’ (jillhavern.forumotion.net)
And analysis of the McCanns own words is by Dr Martin Roberts on mccannfiles.com.
Kowalski says:
June 4, 2012 at 6:10 pm
When my wife and I holidayed abroad, our children never left our sight, day and night. No excuses for leaving children alone, none whatsoever.
K
rebekah says:
June 4, 2012 at 6:16 pm
Gina Prill says:
June 2, 2012 at 7:02 pm
I have just read these awful comments. How can you people sleep at night? Mr & Mrs McCann are campaigning to find their child like anyone else would. They just want their daughter back. Wouldn’t you go to every length possible? Wouldn’t you raise funds, keep talking to the press and keep on getting people to look out for her? She’s out there somewhere and one day the lovely McCanns will get her back.
I say this – have you actually read the case files? Or The Sun-sanitized version???
Do you REALLY BELIEVE that releasing a photo that was over a year out of date, when Kate so poignantly described taking ‘the last photo’ (which, ODDLY only appeared 21 days later after Gerry’s return to UK)
If not believing a crock of s**te makes me horrible, so be it.
I almost feel sorry for you, so sucked in by the PR machine. Sad.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16595

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.06.12 20:31

Well that about says it all, doesn't it?
Are the comments still there?

IMO one day all of their public appearances, designed to have public support, will be their downfall and food for analysts of all kinds, be they statement, behaviour, body language, criminal profiler, etc. ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by friedtomatoes 05.06.12 17:28

Comments go to show the general public do not buy into this story! Chateleine, its very frustrating to read the outright lies in the book. EG KM writes that she didnt have safety worries as her friends and others may have done with the children potentitally falling off a balcony as they were staying in a ground floor flat. Well, all I can see is a massive drop from that *ground floor flat* s balcony which was built on a hill. Dumbass.
friedtomatoes

Activity : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.06.12 19:10

friedtomatoes wrote:Comments go to show the general public do not buy into this story! Chateleine [...]
We seem to agree on that, Friedtomatoes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.06.12 9:00

Châtelaine wrote:
friedtomatoes wrote:Comments go to show the general public do not buy into this story! Chateleine [...]
And isn't it interesting that comments in various newspapers are not routinely being 'whooshed' as they once were. C-R are clearly losing their power.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 06.06.12 10:25

PeterMac wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
And isn't it interesting that comments in various newspapers are not routinely being 'whooshed' as they once were. C-R are clearly losing their power.
"Who's afraid of the big bad Wolf?" "NOT I, said rainbow-fairy!" C-R, you may be the most 'feared' but not by me...

Oh the times, they are a changin' '

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 09.06.12 9:56

Comments are still there, and these follow on from the first lot I posted.
kryton says:
June 4, 2012 at 7:50 pm
They did not use all the fund to pay off their mortgage – that’s just a lie. They made two mortgage payments from it when they were stuck in Portugal back in the summer of 2007.
And yes, before someone starts getting on their high horse and shrieking ‘read the files’ – I did. I was specially impressed by the bit at the end where the Portuguese Attorney general found their was absolutely no case against either them or Murat. A conclusion also apparently arrived at by Scotland Yard.
rebekah says:
June 5, 2012 at 2:14 pm
I take it, kryton, that if you’ve read the infamous ‘archiving despatch’ which ‘clears’ the McCanns (it does no such thing) you will also have been struck by;
1)What the ‘crime’ is logged as
2)The fact that from the first moment Kate, Gerry and the other ‘Tapas’ deliberately caused confusion, lied, (blatantly), did all these strike you too???
The only prints on that window are Kate’s.
Mark my words, if they didn’t physically harm/move Madeleine, they know EXACTLY who did.
As an aside, I do not believe the children were left alone. If you read the statements as you claim you have, don’t you find it odd that the apartment was locked in the daytime, presumably to safeguard passports, valuables etc, but not at NIGHT? Please, tell me WHY that would happen…
Indeed, something along the lines of “Nothing of value was taken” ~ says it all really. Poor, poor Maddie.
Steve says:
June 4, 2012 at 8:07 pm
kryton says:
June 4, 2012 at 7:50 pm
“A conclusion also apparently arrived at by Scotland Yard.”
I wouldn’t be so sure about that…I’m sure Scotland Yard can see what a lot of us can…they just need to make sure everything is in place before they give the McCann’s that early morning call…

Lilian says:
June 6, 2012 at 8:39 pm
Obviously SY are leaving no stone unturned………
http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t20477p15-hideho-videos-submitted-to-operation-grange#395698
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by anil39200 09.06.12 17:09

The paperbewk is down to 41 in local
W.H.Smith chart and very little interest according to local staff. Local Waterstones report very few copies sold and had been moved from the 'True Crime' section. Perhaps In some areas people are finding it is old news and contrary to words used in a Scandanavian interview , '
it' for many people, has gone away. Maybe what many people really want to heat is an explanation for the constant inconsistencies and discrepancies which have created so much confusion over the years thatany have simply become bored hearing about them and simply feel sad about a child who suffered unnecessarily.
anil39200

Activity : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.06.12 13:57

Have just come back from Asda. The new bewk is on offer at 3.85 or two for 7 pounds. It was sandwiched between two books - 'The Sacred Sword' and 'The Darkest Hour'. Do the shelf-stackers have a sense of humour? They certainly made me chuckle.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13380

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.06.12 14:04

There was a funnier example of "inappropriate?" shelf-stacking when the hardback came out.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2950-as-seen-in-asda#68833
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.06.12 16:43

Here is the Sunday Express review of the paperback bewk.

When I was in Asda this morning I read their review in the front of the bewk but I can't find it on google or amazon.

Anyway, here is the review published in the newspaper.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/319455/Madeleine-Our-daughter-s-disappearance-and-the-continuing-search-for-her-/-Madeleine-Our-daughter-s-disappearance-and-the-continuing-search-for-her--Madeleine-Our-daughter-s-disappearance-and-the-continuing-search-for-her--Madeleine-Our-daughter-s-disappearance-and-the-continuing-search-for-her--Madeleine-Our-daughter-s-disappearance-and-the-continuing-search-for-her--Madeleine-Our-daughter-s-disappearance-and-the-continuing-search-for-her--Madeleine-Our-daughter-s-disappearance-and-the-continuing-search-for-her-

eta this is not the same review as shown in the bewk...that review refers to a terrible crime.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13380

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 08.08.12 12:57

I'm glad I actually own a hardback version of the original bewq. Being so interested in the case, I just had to - it was more than worth the £12 or whatever it was to have it. What it did was convince me more than ever that they were guilty. It's the most desperate, ill-advised, out-of-control attempt at damage limitation I've ever read - done by some very scared people. I imagine how it must feel to be Kate desperately trying to re-write history to try to contain the glaring discrepancies raised and amplified by all those people like us... I can almost imagine the terror in her bowels as she was doing it. Awful, truly awful. And to live in that state 24 hours a day, 7 days a week... Poor, stupid people.

That bewq will continue to live on my shelf as a reminder of how, in 2012, the media perverts the course of justice even more shamelessly than (deleted).

Peverting the course of justice is a criminal offence, no has been charged with this, so please be careful what you post. Thanks
ProfessorPPlum
ProfessorPPlum

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 08.08.12 13:52

ProfessorPPlum wrote:I'm glad I actually own a hardback version of the original bewq. Being so interested in the case, I just had to - it was more than worth the £12 or whatever it was to have it. What it did was convince me more than ever that they were guilty. It's the most desperate, ill-advised, out-of-control attempt at damage limitation I've ever read - done by some very scared people. I imagine how it must feel to be Kate desperately trying to re-write history to try to contain the glaring discrepancies raised and amplified by all those people like us... I can almost imagine the terror in her bowels as she was doing it. Awful, truly awful. And to live in that state 24 hours a day, 7 days a week... Poor, stupid people.

That bewq will continue to live on my shelf as a reminder of how, in 2012, the media perverts the course of justice even more shamelessly than (deleted).

Blacksmith called it the longest suicide note in history.

I think somewhere in the photographs and memories topic there is a set of photographs of before and after of the McCanns and their friends.
The least damaged seems to be Gerry, the rest have aged 10 to 15 years in the last 5.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 08.08.12 22:59

Thank you Candyfloss. I understand your edit.

They haven't been found guilty of concealing a corpse or staging an abduction either but that hasn't stopped plenty of people saying it here and other places big grin

I'm not bitching about your moderation, btw. You do a great job. I'm just a bit puzzled. Maybe I should have said "it's my opinion that those people..."?

ProfessorPPlum
ProfessorPPlum

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.08.12 23:43

ProfessorPPlum wrote:Thank you Candyfloss. I understand your edit.

They haven't been found guilty of concealing a corpse or staging an abduction either but that hasn't stopped plenty of people saying it here and other places New Paperback Book. - Page 2 110921

I'm not bitching about your moderation, btw. You do a great job. I'm just a bit puzzled. Maybe I should have said "it's my opinion that those people..."?

Hi ProfessorPPlum, sorry but yes I try to keep things as legal as I know how, as I am not a lawyer but do my bestNew Paperback Book. - Page 2 110921 Saying something as a fact is rather different to purporting a theory or having an opinion on something.... I thinkNew Paperback Book. - Page 2 110921 New Paperback Book. - Page 2 526998
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.08.12 10:12

IMO [in my opinion] or IMHO [in my humble opinion] is used frequently - and I think it suffices - to indicate that one is expressing a theory, not stating [something as] a fact, thus using the right to freedom of expression and opinion without solid proof. AFAIK [as far as I know] smilie
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.08.12 9:38

In my humble opinion I agree! So it is okay for me to say that in my opinion Mr X and Mrs Y (names changed to protect the guilty, sorry the innocent) are a pair of lying toerags but not okay to state dogmatically that they are.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mira2 11.08.12 0:57

ProfessorPPlum on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm glad I actually own a hardback version of the original bewq. Being so interested in the case, I just had to - it was more than worth the £12 or whatever it was to have it. What it did was convince me more than ever that they were guilty. It's the most desperate, ill-advised, out-of-control attempt at damage limitation I've ever read - done by some very scared people. I imagine how it must feel to be Kate desperately trying to re-write history to try to contain the glaring discrepancies raised and amplified by all those people like us... I can almost imagine the terror in her bowels as she was doing it. Awful, truly awful. And to live in that state 24 hours a day, 7 days a week... Poor, stupid people.

That bewq will continue to live on my shelf as a reminder of how, in 2012, the media perverts the course of justice even more shamelessly than
_____
You are a contradiction onto yourself.
If your idea of justice is contributing to the fund of suspects in a case of a missing child is something to be applauded, you need your head examined.
mira2

Activity : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 11.08.12 10:31

mira2 wrote:ProfessorPPlum on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:57 pm

That bewq will continue to live on my shelf as a reminder of how, in 2012, the media perverts the course of justice even more shamelessly than
_____
You are a contradiction onto yourself.
If your idea of justice is contributing to the fund of suspects in a case of a missing child is something to be applauded, you need your head examined.

mira2 I think that is a bit harsh. A number of us have bought the bewk (including myself) as it is gives us more information on the case. In fact Kate's book is more interesting by what she DOESN'T mention than what she does IMO.

aquila - Many thanks for the share of the Express review of Kate's book.

"The book vividly recalls everything from Kate and husband Gerry’s frantic search of the Praia da Luz resort immediately after Madeleine went missing to her thoughts on the Portuguese police. "

"frantic search" = looking for photos - NOT to share with UK or Portuguese media

"thoughts on the Portuguese police = I better not go there apart from wondering what Kate's opinion of the Met Police is today after their BUNGLIN in the sad Tia Sharp case. (RIP Tia) sad

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.08.12 10:43

Agreed Gillyspot.

Kate's book has revealed a lot about herself - none of it favourable - which is of great interest to anyone trying to fathom out this case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 11.08.12 11:04

I borrowed the book from the library. I read it to see if it would help convince me that they are totally innocent of anything - neglect, what have you. It didn't. It made me angry. I was especially angry about her comments about Mrs Fenn.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top