The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

last photo - Photographs and memories  - Page 5 Mm11

last photo - Photographs and memories  - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

last photo - Photographs and memories  - Page 5 Mm11

last photo - Photographs and memories  - Page 5 Regist10

Photographs and memories

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

last photo - Photographs and memories  - Page 5 Empty MADELEINE BETH MCCANN PASSPORT EXPIRES-04 AUG 2008

Post by ROSA 09.08.11 1:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2116

Back to top Go down

last photo - Photographs and memories  - Page 5 Empty Re: Photographs and memories

Post by ROSA 09.08.11 1:46

ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

last photo - Photographs and memories  - Page 5 Empty Re: Photographs and memories

Post by ROSA 09.08.11 13:08

Newly released image of Madeleine McCann.
Credits:
(Family Photo)

ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 09.08.11 22:34

tease
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 11.08.11 9:46

ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.08.11 11:15

Someone clever should put up all the pictures side by side of this coloboma and how it seems to move position. Including the picture of her without one. I think that would be really interesting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

last photo - Photographs and memories  - Page 5 Empty we can but hope

Post by tigger 11.08.11 14:31

ufercoffy wrote:It makes me feel that many things were 'in place' before Madeleine went missing.

It makes me feel that the fate of Madeleine was arranged.

It makes me feel that a whitewash is inevitable.

Yes, a lot was in place, but IMO it was entirely the McC's idea.
If you read Dr. Ludke's very early analysis (McCann's abuse of power blogspot- sorry haven't got the link) it is very likely that this was planned for some time.
It's a horrible thought, but I think she was dead on or before the 1st May.
They were stony broke, in my view it's always been about the money. Since they're not great original thinkers, so what gave them the idea?

A lot of the aftermath was damage limitation. Panic in the government and allocation of spin doctor, press management and outright blackmail here and there. Nothing would have pleased the powers that be more than if the whole McCann clan had committed mass suicide.

I don't think they're spooks. I think Gerry might be involved or simply know too much about a number of projects. My wild guess was to do with the fact that the Scottish labs recently announced that to date 130 or so human/animal experiments have been run. In vitro I take it. Implanting a pig's heart in a human is on the list, I seem to remember. That's just a very wild guess. But I think he could cause a very large scandal in some way.
He was also on a committee to do with nuclear medicine which I think was run by the brother of Gordon Brown.
The very low profile of the member for Kirkcaldy is suspicious, apart from the fact he's a bad loser.

It might be enough to lean just on GB. It's brother John I don't like - Gerry is creepy but John is super creepy and giving up his job in pharmaceuticals? Was he in on it?

Blacksmith called them a couple of chancers.
They chose Portugal. They knew they could count on protection. They didn't know the Portugese police wouldn't fall for their story. After that, they made it up as they went along.

I am so hoping no whitewash. Closing down the fraudulent fund would be great punishment. I don't think they'll ever go to prison, but hope springs eternal.
tigger
tigger

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

last photo - Photographs and memories  - Page 5 Empty were they broke?

Post by pauline 11.08.11 16:58

tigger wrote:
They were stony broke, in my view it's always been about the money. Since they're not great original thinkers, so what gave them the idea?

Closing down the fraudulent fund would be great punishment. I don't think they'll ever go to prison, but hope springs eternal.

I agree with your post which I have greatly edited. I agree its about the money but there is no evidence that they were stony broke - not that you have to be broke to want money. in fact in my experience, its usually those that have money, who want more, more than they can ever meaningfully spend.

i think this 'broke' story arises from the misinterpretation of comments made by family members after Madeleine vanished - about them struggling to pay their mortgage. I believe they meant that since they stayed on in Portugal with no salary this put pressure on them to pay regular commitments like the mortgage and presumably car loans and the usual bills families have. Now both McCanns got same salary payment while in Portugal due to their situation but this did not cover all the time they were there. If I am right about this, this suggests they had no savings at that time so like many families the end of the month and payday couldn't come soon enough. Possibly all their savings went into the house in Rothley.

How two doctors on good salaries would be broke is hard to understand - unless of course there was some expensive addiction we do not know about. I had thought that debts could have arisen from the IVF treatment they had for the two pregnancies but from the book it appears they did not have to pay for this treatment. they did not have the children until well into their 30s so that had years of working on good salaries in which they could have saved. So where did the money go, apart from into their house?
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 11.08.11 17:26

So where did the money go, apart from into their house?
This is such a good question - it seems they are not good with money. It might also help to explain why they can't account for the money in the Fund - which is apparently much depleted, but without much searching going on.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 11.08.11 17:41

I think they know full well where the fund money has gone - paying for lawyers and trips all over the world - and most likely generous 'expenses' for family members like John McCann. The directors report actually admits that money has been spent on legal actions against Sr Amaral.

they know where the money has gone but they chose not to file detailed accounts (they don't legally have to) and they chose not to put financial information on their website.

I have seen professionals with good incomes living from pay day to pay day due to sloppy spending, never thinking about the cost, taking lots of holidays, being generous to family and friends. What puzzles me about the McCanns is that they both come from humble backgrounds where I would imagine the virtues of saving for a rainy day and getting a bargain would have been part of their upbringing.
pauline
pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 11.08.11 19:03

What puzzles me about the
McCanns is that they both come from humble backgrounds where I would
imagine the virtues of saving for a rainy day and getting a bargain
would have been part of their upbringing.

I would imagine that was true for Gerry and that now he has done well for himself he likes to splash money around to show how far he's come.

As for Kate - the impression I get about her family is that they probably considered themselves a bit better. I imagine that they would be cautious with money, but not afraid to spend it, and probably more concerned with quality than a bargain. Clue to this e.g. buying Maddie nice clothes from Gap, strawberries from M & S and not Asda.

Of course, I don't know any of this - it's just the impression that I have formed of them.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

last photo - Photographs and memories  - Page 5 Empty Money, money, money

Post by tigger 11.08.11 19:33

[quote="Miraflores"]
What puzzles me about the
McCanns is that they both come from humble backgrounds where I would
imagine the virtues of saving for a rainy day and getting a bargain
would have been part of their upbringing.

I would imagine that was true for Gerry and that now he has done well for himself he likes to splash money around to show how far he's come.

As for Kate - the impression I get about her family is that they probably considered themselves a bit better. quote(Miraflores)

Gerry is the youngest, younger than brother John by 10 yrs. So very likely to have been the most favoured and spoiled, a child who would feel entitled to the best?
Kate is an only child, looking at her mother, very well turned out (compare Gerry's family) so probably a cut above in her mind at least.
Kate would have been nr. 1, the most important, the only one who mattered. In both families the fathers were carpenters.
So both would have a sense of entitlement imprinted in their youth. Neither of them ever had to take care of siblings.

Money: Gerry was paid full wages for six months after the end of May. Kate had been working at least part time up to the holiday.
So there was no clear reason why the very high mortgage of about £ 1000,- was paid out of the fund for June and July.
I've alway thought they choose the corrupt Metodo 3 (how did they know?) to launder some fund money for them. They were allegedly paid £ 500,000,- .
I'd really like to know if the Fund has been siphoning money off to say a Swiss Bank Account. For a rainy day.

Financial records were denied to the PJ. Gerry lost his wallet and credit cards briefly (did they need to be compromised in case records turned up in his name that would be incriminating?).
Still, as far as I can see, they were broke. Family nattering on how they had to help, but brother John having such reserves that he can give up the day job and tend to the Fund almost immediately.

I'm wondering how long they thought they would stay in Portugal and why? Had something been brewing in the UK that they needed to get away from?
They kept saying how they were going to stay there until Maddie was found. Which I think is strange, as they accepted that she could be anywhere.

tigger
tigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.08.11 19:46

tigger wrote:

Money: Gerry was paid full wages for six months after the end of May. Kate had been working at least part time up to the holiday.

Hi tigger,

Just to clarify - Re your above quote, we are not sure about this and it hasn't been verified, so you cannot state it as fact.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 11.08.11 20:52

tigger wrote:

As for Kate - the impression I get about her family is that they probably considered themselves a bit better. quote(Miraflores)

Gerry is the youngest, younger than brother John by 10 yrs. So very likely to have been the most favoured and spoiled, a child who would feel entitled to the best?
Kate is an only child, looking at her mother, very well turned out (compare Gerry's family) so probably a cut above in her mind at least.
Kate would have been nr. 1, the most important, the only one who mattered. In both families the fathers were carpenters.
So both would have a sense of entitlement imprinted in their youth. Neither of them ever had to take care of siblings.

So there was no clear reason why the very high mortgage of about £ 1000,- was paid out of the fund for June and July.
I've alway thought they choose the corrupt Metodo 3 (how did they know?) to launder some fund money for them. They were allegedly paid £ 500,000,- .
I'd really like to know if the Fund has been siphoning money off to say a Swiss Bank Account. For a rainy day.

Financial records were denied to the PJ. Gerry lost his wallet and credit cards briefly (did they need to be compromised in case records turned up in his name that would be incriminating?).
Still, as far as I can see, they were broke. Family nattering on how they had to help, but brother John having such reserves that he can give up the day job and tend to the Fund almost immediately.

Tigger I think your points about Gerry being the youngest and Kate being an only child and how that might affect their attitudes to money are very interesting.

However, my understanding is that Gerry got 2 months full pay and Kate some pay from the GP practice she worked part-time in, so there was a time with no money coming in. I don't think the NHS would have paid 6 months full pay to Gerry anyway. Also the usual figure I have seen for their mortgage is £2000 per month not £1,000. When I read that the Fund paid 2 months mortgage I didn't mind in the circumstances.

Certainly if they denied their financial records to the Portuguese police, as was reported, this is suspicious. And I find it odd to say the least that John McCann apparently gave up his full-time job at an early stage. But again we don't know that for sure. He could have taken unpaid leave of absence.

They may well have been less than honest to family members about their finances. If they really were so in debt before the holiday, wouldn't it be embarassing to say so, given that their joint income must have been over £100,000 pa gross.

I would like to see the police bring in experts to audit the fund. The accounts filed for 2009 and 2010 are a joke. They tell us nothing. But they comply with the law as the Fund is only a standard limited company.
pauline
pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 12.08.11 6:02

ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

last photo - Photographs and memories  - Page 5 Empty 6 months compassionate paid leave

Post by tigger 12.08.11 6:26

candyfloss wrote:
tigger wrote:

Hi tigger,

Just to clarify - Re your above quote, we are not sure about this and it hasn't been verified, so you cannot state it as fact.

Six months compassionate paid leave for Gerry is what I read fairly early on in the case. I'll have to try and find it.
The house cost about £ 460.000,- and the mortgage was for about £ 350,000,- with Northern Rock. doesn't £ 2000,- a months seem a lot?

I'll try and find the references.
Certainly their clothes don't seem expensive (except in the recent Australian tour) apart from the frequent holidays they took. Two cars are normal for the family. But didn't Kate have a nanny who moved to Canada just before the holiday? She would have a cleaner as well. Still can't see that breaking the bank.

tigger
tigger

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 12.08.11 6:50

ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 12.08.11 10:09

Page 195
On July 2 they moved to a rented villa 'the cheapest we could find that suited out requirements (Gerry was now on unpaid leave).' So he was paid for May and June - 2 months as I thought. Kate got some payment from the GP practice but cant locate the page in the book at present.

I think we can assume she wouldn't lie about the paid leave situation as it could so easily be checked - staff in the salaries dept paying the leave could easily read the book!

There are a number of references in the book where she implies she doesn't drink much which just make me think she actually does. I could be quite wrong about this. But if I am right, maybe their booze bills are one factor in the 'debts'.
pauline
pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by HotlipsHealy 12.08.11 11:07

pauline wrote:There are a number of references in the book where she implies she doesn't drink much which just make me think she actually does. I could be quite wrong about this. But if I am right, maybe their booze bills are one factor in the 'debts'.

There are a number of references on Google where the press implies she does drink a lot! big grin

Kate McCann 'renowned for alcoholic binges' at university

Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past

Hot Lips Healy, the fun-loving student party girl; UNIVERSITY DAYS ...

Of course many students drink til they drop when at university but sober up and become responsible when they become parents. But Kate didn't show any responsibility when she left all 3 kids alone while she went to get drunk in PDL. Nothing much has changed with her then if their neglect story is to be believed over what really did happen to Madeleine, which must be much worse than neglect, otherwise why push the neglect story?

What happened to Madeleine that there was blood on the floor and up the walls?

And why do the pro's say it wasn't blood that was found and marked on the walls/floor and under the tiles? What was it then?

Kate McCann: It was our holiday too.

HotlipsHealy
HotlipsHealy

Activity : 169

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.08.11 11:41

Didn't someone (I think Aunty Phil) say it was mosquito splatter big grin or was that a forum myth?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.08.11 11:47

candyfloss wrote:Didn't someone (I think Aunty Phil) say it was mosquito splatter [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] or was that a forum myth?

I heard her say it roll - so it must have been a bluddy big mossie and put up a prolonged fight to make that mess.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.08.11 11:52

Admin wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Didn't someone (I think Aunty Phil) say it was mosquito splatter [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] or was that a forum myth?

I heard her say it roll - so it must have been a bluddy big mossie and put up a prolonged fight to make that mess.

spit coffee

I thought I had heard her say it in an interview, has anyone got it bookmarked anywhere?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 12.08.11 13:20

ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.08.11 13:29

That pic would make a good Caption Competiton Rosa big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 12.08.11 13:31

big grin
ROSA
ROSA

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top