The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Charlotte Pennington:  Revisited - Page 2 Mm11

Charlotte Pennington:  Revisited - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Charlotte Pennington:  Revisited - Page 2 Mm11

Charlotte Pennington:  Revisited - Page 2 Regist10

Charlotte Pennington: Revisited

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charlotte Pennington:  Revisited - Page 2 Empty Re: Charlotte Pennington: Revisited

Post by Vera Krista 01.03.22 10:18

sharonl wrote:Does this make sense?

Has been in Portugal since April 28th, the day upon which she began working for the Ocean Club tourist Complex in Luz, Lagos, and where she is employed as a child educator. Her work contract was completed in the U.K. with MarkWarner;
- The witness clarifies that between the 19th of April and the 04th of May 2007 she worked with a group of children staying in the aforementioned complex between the ages of 4 months and one year of age (the Baby Club);

What about this?  Toddlers falling asleepas soon as they arrive at the creche, and off she goes to the Miniclub.

However, she clarifies that it was normal during "siesta"-- understood to be between the hours of 09H00 and 10H30 and 14H30 and 15H00, at the exact time that children are brought into the crêche by their parents when the children under her guard are asleep, that she would participate with the children and the activities in the MiniClub;

How could she work with kids in between 19th April & 4th of May when she arrived on 28th of April. Since when Siesta is between 9:00 am to 10 am, that is probably the breakfast hour not siesta. If children are all asleep how can she participate with children and activities.  spin

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

― Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Activity : 578

sparkyhorrox likes this post

Back to top Go down

Charlotte Pennington:  Revisited - Page 2 Empty Re: Charlotte Pennington: Revisited

Post by Verdi 01.03.22 12:09

Something's lost in translation here I think.

The date certainly is but then, if it's taken from Ms Pennington's witness statement the 'interpreter' was after all Robert Murat.

big grin

Pennington feigns to have cared for very young children (an educator?), whilst they were sleeping (?) she wandered off to an area where older children were playing - in particular Madeleine McCann!

But she is a fantasist above all else so you can't expect too much.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.03.22 13:18

see the earlier post of crusader, it is correct in the original. 

that solves most problems with strange numbers, and the ladies who did translate the files to be used by us did a hell of a job, so some small mistakes are easily get in. just look at the originals and it will solve itself. 

and because a lot was already at least once or twice translated by different hands you get sometimes a bit of not that clear wordings, a very minor hick up mostly. 

i'm still very grateful, there have been people who were able and willing to do the translations, i do not mind doing some extra checking at a time. now we have deeple, and still that is not perfect, but google translations are horrible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.03.22 15:28

The date is indeed correct on the original document.

Translated version from PJ Files..

Charlotte Elizabeth Anne Pennington
Date/Time: 2007/05/07 14H30
Childcare Worker
Irish Citizen
Translator Robert Murat

- Has been in Portugal since April 28th, the day upon which she began working for the Ocean Club tourist Complex in Luz, Lagos, and where she is employed as a child educator. Her work contract was completed in the U.K. with MarkWarner;

- The witness clarifies that between the 19th of April and the 04th of May 2007 she worked with a group of children staying in the aforementioned complex between the ages of 4 months and one year of age (the Baby Club);

Original..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't fault the work of the voluntary translators for one second, without them where would we be?  I do however resent the mischievous meddlers who later take from the originals and then try to create a whole new picture, invent a new scenario by manipulation.

It's not helpful.  I'm sure we've all seen examples of this over the years.

ex moderator
ex moderator

crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera Krista 01.03.22 16:06

Had anybody asked her if you come to Luz on 28th April how could you be working with kids from 19th of April?

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.03.22 16:08

Repeat from PJ Files witness statements..

The latter advised us that all these employees are English nationals and that they came to work in Portugal from
March/April until November; that there are 13 people who work in the creche, their names and telephone numbers being as follows: [NOTE: Phone numbers withheld]

- Pauline Francis M.
- Emma Louise W.
- Sarah Elizabeth W.
- Susan bernadette O.
- Leanne Danielle W.
- Shinead Maria V.
- Jacqueline Mary W.
- Kirsty Louise M.
- Lynne R.F.
- Catriona Treasa Sisile B.
- Stacey P.
- Lyndsay Jayne J.
- Amy Ellen T.

--- It was determined further that all these girls live outside the complex [resort], although quite close to it, and that Catriona B. was responsible for Madeleine during the day yesterday.
--- Stacey P. was the staff member responsible for the McCann twins.
--- Usually, it is always the same young woman who cares for the same child.
--- The latest arrivals in Portugal were Sarah W. and Charlotte Pennington who arrived last Saturday, April 28th 2007.

So we see thirteen names listed.  Is the number thirteen (unlucky for some) the customary number of nannies appointed for any summer season, or is the witness speaking only of the time/date the statement was taken?

From the childcare records, child attendance wasn't overwhelming - not enough to demand additional help in the form of nannies.

Whatever, none of this explains why the McCanns and their group of friends didn't use the night childcare facilities on offer at Mark Warners - unless they had some kind of unofficial arrangement going on.  That would explain a lot, it would almost certainly implicate the holiday company, the Ocean Club resort and above all else the childcare staff!

thinking

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 01.03.22 16:13

In her statement to police on 7th May Pennington gave a believable account to the police.

The word Siesta is not in the original statement, it is Nap Period.

She told a newspaper that  2 day's after Madeleine's disappearance, she saw a man in a small boat kicking something before rowing off, this would make it 5th May.

Her statement was made on the 7th May, yet she made no mention of this. 

She tells a different story every time she opens her mouth.

I believe her first statement to be the most truthful.
crusader
crusader

Activity : 5568

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 01.03.22 16:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please read post 24
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Vera Krista 01.03.22 17:40

I know what Siesta is, that is why said that time is probably breakfast time not Siesta time. I know the disappearances on the statements. There was even a nanny her surname is coincidentally McCann, it’s on PJFiles.  

Everting about this case gives me the impression of a movie script.  They time to time fail to remember and add up new stuff.

Vera Krista
Vera Krista

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.03.22 19:03

sorry vera krista, you get my head warped. you said;

I know what Siesta is, that is why said that time is probably breakfast time not Siesta time. I know the disappearances on the statements. There was even a nanny her surname is coincidentally McCann, it’s on PJFiles. 

it has nothing to do with breakfast or siesta times, charlotte is trying to tell when her 'babies' did sleep under the opening hours of the creche, so she could sneak out to put some fairy dust in the room next door. 

the name mccann is not rare, like all good old irish families they did that by the book. spreading quite some wings over the globe. so yes besides the extended family of gerry mccann, his wife(when she likes), his offspring there was indeed a nanny pauline mccann, and even the owner of apartment 5a was a mccann, ruth mccann if i remember it correctly, but she got it by marriage i think. and in those years there were a lot of other mccanns active in a subdivision of the ira. 

but what do you mean by disappearances on the statements, it was just a typo in the translation, nothing has disappeared from the statement. the original  statement gives the word sesta, that became siesta, and both mean just nap in english.

for me it sounds strange that those baby's, a guess because it was told as two babies per nanny in the creche and 3 nannies, so 6 babies did nicely a nap in those morning hours, my bunch of siblings did that only til about 2 or 3 months, after that they take a nap for the afternoon, but never before. and these were between 4 months and a year old. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader 01.03.22 19:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote.

Had anybody asked her if you come to Luz on 28th April how could you be working with kids from 19th of April?

I thought it was strange when she said she worked 19th April to 4th May.
It's a mistake, if you look at the Portuguese statement it say's 29th April to 4th May.
crusader
crusader

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top