The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Less than 24 hrs Earlier - 'the tragedy'... - Page 6 Mm11

Less than 24 hrs Earlier - 'the tragedy'... - Page 6 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Less than 24 hrs Earlier - 'the tragedy'... - Page 6 Mm11

Less than 24 hrs Earlier - 'the tragedy'... - Page 6 Regist10

Less than 24 hrs Earlier - 'the tragedy'...

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Less than 24 hrs Earlier - 'the tragedy'... - Page 6 Empty Re: Less than 24 hrs Earlier - 'the tragedy'...

Post by Guest 20.02.19 8:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To answer your question of 'what's the name of your forum?' 

I'm not sure where you got the idea I had a forum (I've not) I think you've confused my answer to your question of 'try being a forum moderator' etc. To which I replied why do you think I haven't.

I had a brief spell as a moderator on a Football Supporters forum which obviously has no relevance to this (fans and rival fans are not known for their politeness to each other so it's a job and a half).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: The debate was not about Mike Tesko, you seem to have concentrated your rant around just him and his behaviour, however thank you for taking the time to clarify your stance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Less than 24 hrs Earlier - 'the tragedy'... - Page 6 Empty Re: Less than 24 hrs Earlier - 'the tragedy'...

Post by Jill Havern 20.02.19 10:57

HKP wrote:I had a brief spell as a moderator on a Football Supporters forum which obviously has no relevance to this (fans and rival fans are not known for their politeness to each other so it's a job and a half).

Couldn't cope eh?
Thank goodness this isn't a football forum then! victory

And it's good that you've had experience of it being a 'job and a half' for a moderator when members aren't polite to each other. We know the feeling well.

It might not be a 'job and a half' here - but it's still a job. And a thankless one at that usually (although thanks to aquila and ladyinred for their support) singlerose

We provide the platform, but it's up to members not to abuse it. Liken it to being invited in to someone's house and then causing an abusive scene and then complaining when you're asked to leave...

I hope that puts things in to perspective for all members.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41580

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.02.19 12:43

@jill Havern:

I can't remember stating I couldn't cope that seems to be an assumption youv'e made. I stepped in for a couple of weeks to cover staff shortages / holidays, not a lot of experience I grant you but some. Would I do it again, no because it takes up too much time so I can understand and appreciate the work that you guys do. I believe Moderators should be bound by the same rules as members (they in fact should be role models for the desired behaviours), sometimes people can be difficult that's when the good mods come to the fore.

This is my last post on this issue I'm sure you realise I had a bee in my bonnet and said what I think however I'm not going to waste any more of your valuable time.  flag
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 20.02.19 12:57

You got me there - we haven't got any 'good mods' here.

However I do have one excellent moderator who has the best interests of this forum at heart and is very loyal and had provided our members with numerous reference threads and gives of his time freely and voluntarily and takes criticism on the chin...but can also dish it out for which he receives complaints.

flag from me, too.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by patricia999 20.02.19 13:57

As a fairly new member of the forum and having very little background knowledge and experience of the topic the forum has given me access to so much information, facts and links that has been invaluable.  I sometimes feel a bit guilty as I don't really 'add' anything to the work that has been done and is still going on but I do try and log in everyday to keep up with the latest posts and the new links that are put on by the admin team.   I was following Mike Tesko's threads and thought his claims quite bizarre to be honest and almost laughed when he showed a picture of a 'bone'  -  what on earth was that all about!   I too am an admin for a forum and I know how time consuming it can become and also quite difficult at times as people do get very passionate and emotional about their beliefs.  I have 'banned' individuals and deleted posts that I think inappropriate and then I have had others have a go at me for doing so  (free speech and all that).  I do agree with free speech but sometimes there is a need to step in and challenge.   I too have followed Mikes forum link and seen some of the comments he is making about this forum and  specific individuals which is out of order.    I don't think he has anything of value to add to the work and research  already done and shown on  this forum and for that reason I think he should be removed (whether he has removed himself or been removed I am unsure)  I am sure,  like many others who use the forum tend to 'lurk' in the background as such but I would like to thank Jill and moderators who manage the forum.  The aim being to try and get justice for Madeleine and I do hope that one day the real truth behind it all is known to us all
clapping
patricia999
patricia999

Activity : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 20.02.19 14:30

Thank you so much patricia999 for bringing those kind words to the fore, it's really appreciated singlerose

Whatever we are wherever we are whoever we are - no one likes to be taken for granted. It doesn't hurt or cost anything to occassionally show appreciation.

No need to feel guilty about not posting very much, your presence here by way of support is enough.

As you rightly say, genuine members are here for one primary reason - justice for Madeleine McCann.

Long may we continue..

grouphug

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 20.02.19 14:45

Blimey! a happy member beware quick Verdi, lock the doors!

Many thanks Patricia. You don't need to 'feel guilty about not having anything to add to the work already done here'. You were late registering here (2018) but I'm pleased to hear you like to read here to keep up to date, and it may be that when/if you talk to other people about the case then you have more things to discuss with them - every little helps!

That's the thing about this case, isn't it - people do get very passionate/frustrated/disappointed/disillusioned and tempers can flare, especially at such times when the case is quiet or if something happens to raise blood pressures!

But we're all adults here so we should be able to debate as such. And another thing, as you will know, forums aren't corporate businesses with a Customer Services Department, nor do we have training courses for admins and moderators, we just do what we can to ensure the forum is readable for everybody. Yes, we sometimes get it wrong but mostly we get it right (or people wouldn't keep coming here).

As for Mike, I suggested it was time for him to go back from whence he came and I waited until he saw my request and replied before banning him. He was unnecessarily abusive, and that was the only reason. He was posting his theories in a restricted section and he wasn't banned for that.

Is your forum a Maddie forum?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by patricia999 20.02.19 14:51

Hi Jill,   no not a Maddie forum - its a support forum for cancer patients...  (sounds a doddle compared to this one) but its not - as people get very passionate about various treatments (alternatives to medication) and diet - that's where we get most of the fall outs and abuse!   But otherwise it is quite a supportive forum and the majority of members are helpful, polite and supportive of others - which is what its aim is   smilie x
patricia999
patricia999

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 20.02.19 15:10

It's very good work you do there then Patricia singlerose I imagine cancer patients experience a whole range of emotions - I know my mum did.

I know one or two of our members have/or have had cancer and are recovering.

Please feel free to talk about your forum in the Members Lounge if you want to.

Meanwhile, have you got a theory about what happened to Madeleine?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by patricia999 20.02.19 15:49

thanks gill -  I will mention the forum.    It is specifically for those who have had a breast cancer diagnosis and anyone is welcome, either to lurk, support others or ask for advice.   Re: Maddie,  My initial reaction when it happened  in 2007 was to go along with the abduction theory as it was so powerful and supported by media and politicians.   Having come across this forum quite by accident and having looked at the work, comments, research I now  don't believe she was abducted.    I do think there was something/someone very powerful involved with whatever happened to her and I do think there has been (and still is) a cover up by the powers that be.     I do think died at some point on that holiday and I don't believe a word of the Mccanns version of events.       nah
patricia999
patricia999

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum