The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Reliability of cadaver dogs - 2014 study Mm11

Reliability of cadaver dogs - 2014 study Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Reliability of cadaver dogs - 2014 study Mm11

Reliability of cadaver dogs - 2014 study Regist10

Reliability of cadaver dogs - 2014 study

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reliability of cadaver dogs - 2014 study Empty Reliability of cadaver dogs - 2014 study

Post by Jerry371 Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi all, first post by a new member. Fascinating - I'm working my way through Richard Hall's endless videos!

Watching Gerry McCann, several years ago, on the alleged unreliability of cadaver dogs, made me do a quick Google search, which turned up a 2014 study from the peer-reviewed journal Forensic Science International, by Riezzo et al: https://shrtm.nu/8LHd.

I wanted to attach the article but can't find a way to attach files. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Anyway, here is some key text from the article:

"In this admittedly small sample, we obtained very exciting results that confirmed the utility of well trained dogs in investigations on the scene of crime in all the situations when biological material cannot be found through human visual abilities. In fact, human biological traces can be concealed; dogs are smaller and more agile than humans, and they can fit their bodies into spaces that an adult man or woman usually cannot.

"Our study showed that both the dogs were able to detect human blood samples even when very low concentrations of blood were stored in the tubes, showing high levels of olfactory sensitivity. The PPV that assesses the proportion of the dog’s target-present responses that are correct, showed high numbers, close or very close to 100 in all the trials. Our dogs achieved a high hit rates, missing very few targets."

So much for not being reliable...I wonder what Dr McCann would say to that?

Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry371
Jerry371

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Reliability of cadaver dogs - 2014 study Empty Re: Reliability of cadaver dogs - 2014 study

Post by Verdi Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Jerry371 wrote:So much for not being reliable...I wonder what Dr McCann would say to that?
Allow me..

welcome to CMoMM Jerry with a J thumbup .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top