The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Mm11

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Mm11

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Regist10

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared")

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Empty Re: **NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared")

Post by NickE 18.04.17 22:10

British nannies talking about "rape alarms" in Pdl?
This is a farce and nothing else.

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Screen20

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Empty Re: **NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared")

Post by sallypelt 18.04.17 23:20

Get'emGonçalo wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:' .........Breaking her silence after 10 years, the witness also claimed the resort from which Madeleine vanished was considered so unsafe nannies were handed rape alarms and told to not go out alone ........'

Women are taking a risk walking on their own late at night anywhere. It sounds like sensible advice to me..
Is this the same nanny who "broke her silence" in October 2007?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-487506/Revealed-The-nanny-help-clear-McCanns-name.html
No, that was Cat Baker.

This latest one is Cat Baker. 

big grin

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 25nov210
**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 25nov211
. Silly me. How could I have got  it so wrong?  spit coffee
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Keitei 18.04.17 23:37

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JillHavernCompleteMysteryofMadeleineMcCann/permalink/1915870101990807/

This is from a valued researcher. 
ARTICLE IN TODAY’S CORREIO DA MANHÃ
Before reading the article’s translation some memories refreshed:
The police was called at 22H41 and the GNR arrived at 23H00 a mere 18 19 minutes, if so much, the journey time to arrive from Odiaxere to PDL. The Statements from GNR officers Nelson and Roque are there for all to read.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/ /11_VOLUME_XIa_Page_3051.jpg
As for the statement she claims to have been hidden. Just how would Ms Pennington have access to the Metropolitan police statement, since these were not public? Only Clarence and his clients have access to that information. Again, the proof this is a press release with the nanny’s consent but written by Clarence and blasted to the media.
Also, do remember that Ms Pennington claims to have gone to bed at 01h30 am. She didn’t look all the hours she claims doe she? “She was involved with the searches until 1.30am (May 4th 2007) and she then went to her own place. “
Moreover, did people care to look at the images on the PJ files, there are 4 pages in her statement. SO nothing was hidden... The parents also had the files translated, so they know that perfectly well. Tut, tut....
As for the rape, what rape is this that is not reported to the Portuguese authorities? Who told her and where is the proof such crime occured?
---------
Translation of article :
Almost ten years after the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, in Praia da Luz, the nanny that minded the English girl in the resort where the family was has broken her silence and has spoken about the fateful night of May 2007 . The woman, that worked in the Ocean Club, did not want to identify herself, but recounted in detail the moments of horror lived by the parents, Kate and Gerry McCann. “ A guest came to me and said that something was going on, that a child was missing . I didn’t immediately think it was Maddie . Some minutes later I heard screams and crying and I met Kate crying, holding her friends that were trying to comfort her.
Gerry was panicked, he looked in all directions , searched under the cars, tells the nanny to the English publication Mirror. “Kate was catatonic. I held her and I said, “she will be found, these things happen often” But she didn’t hear me . She was screaming “They have taken her, They have taken her”. Then the hotel told us to search the rubbish containers in case her body was there. Then I understood that it was very serious “, reveals the worker.
The searches were all night and all workers helped until 05h00. The nanny criticises the Portuguese performance “ It took them 90 minutes to arrive “ I didn’t enter the apartment from where the girl was taken, but basically everybody walked about in there. All evidence must have disappeared. There was no one that said “ This place is sealed” and the authorities took a long place to arrive. So that is why the first thing they did was to gather everyone’s movements “, she tells. THE NANNY ALSO REVEALS that the information the PJ gave to the Metropolitan Police was incomplete. She alleges she gave a statement of 4 or 5 pages but the final document delivered to the Met only had two pages. There was a lot of information missing, she concludes.
Praia da Luz was not a safe place where a lot of rapes occurred. Maddie’s nanny explain that she is often asked if the parents are guilty and that she always denies these accusations. . "the timings, the reactions , everything” . There is not the slightest chance that they are involved. “she assures "I remember Maddie was a bit shy , but very polite and sweet. She was not noisy nor did she make a fuss of things” tells the worker, who adds that she did not like working in Praia da Luz. “ I could never get past the fact it was so different from other Mark Warner resorts . As soon as I arrived they told me, “here is a whistle for you so that you blow it if you are being raped. Don’t go alone anywhere. I then found out that an English child / girl had already been raped there in Praia da Luz. It was not a safe place, it did not seem to me as a suitable location for a family resort” she states.
The woman that did not work as a nanny after the Maddie case, defends the McCann and says there was no negligence “ It was. A totally normal family . Perfect. It was usual to have dinner in the room and go to dinner with friends”, she assures.
After almost ten years the nanny says she " has hope that she still is alive and she believes the theory that the girl was sold in a human traffic network “ “ I may be naive but, in the best case scenario I believe she was sold to a rich person that could not have children. When I speak about these things , it is as if I am there again. I think if she is still alive , does she remember her parents, of what happened. " I don’t know. The only person that knows everything is Maddie. For me, it will be the best day of my life when she is found”, concludes the nanny.
OG , that investigates the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, has recently received over 100 thousand Euros to continue to pursue new leads and interview more witnesses.

http://www.cmjornal.pt/mundo/detalhe/ama-de-maddie-quebra-silencio-ao-fim-de-10-anos?ref=HP_Destaque

Moderator/Investigator

Activity : 1560

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 18.04.17 23:45

NickE wrote:British nannies talking about "rape alarms" in Pdl?
This is a farce and nothing else.
Whatever, it's got naff all to do with the mysterious disappearance of a three year old child - Madeleine McCann.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 19.04.17 0:04

suzyjohnson wrote:

Yes. Again. More people paying for the McCanns mistakes.
Not at all - this is just press sensationalism, what they do best.

This is the 21st century, wherever you go in the world you are at risk, it's not confined to Portugal no matter how the tabloids wish to cash-in on the loss of an innocent child. 

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office and tour operators alike, warn travellers to safeguard their property and not put themselves at risk. Any destination with a high concentration of tourists is a target for criminals, such activity is not confined to rape or child abduction - indeed statistically they are low on the list of possibilities.  You're more likely to get your throat slit for your mobile phone than de-bagged by a rampant predator.

There is no such nicety as 'it felt so safe'!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 19.04.17 8:57

snipped from the Researcher's post above.

"THE NANNY ALSO REVEALS that the information the PJ gave to the Metropolitan Police was incomplete. She alleges she gave a statement of 4 or 5 pages but the final document delivered to the Met only had two pages. There was a lot of information missing, she concludes."

If she gave a 4-5 page statement but pages were missing have SY asked PJ for the missing info?
Surely the pages would have been numbered and signed by the nanny as being factual so any missing pages would easily be picked up by SY?

If the nanny feels that any information contained in the missing pages is of importance to the investigation  could she  volunteer to be reinterviewed by either SY or PJ ?

No name nanny gives story to press.  Ridiculous.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 19.04.17 10:34

plebgate wrote:snipped from the Researcher's post above.

"THE NANNY ALSO REVEALS that the information the PJ gave to the Metropolitan Police was incomplete. She alleges she gave a statement of 4 or 5 pages but the final document delivered to the Met only had two pages. There was a lot of information missing, she concludes."

If she gave a 4-5 page statement but pages were missing have SY asked PJ for the missing info?
Surely the pages would have been numbered and signed by the nanny as being factual so any missing pages would easily be picked up by SY?

If the nanny feels that any information contained in the missing pages is of importance to the investigation  could she  volunteer to be reinterviewed by either SY or PJ ?

No name nanny gives story to press.  Ridiculous.
This is an extremely serious allegation to make which cannot just be left hanging. If the Portuguese police deliberately withheld parts of this "nanny's" statement for operational reasons then the Met should confirm this and recall her for immediate questioning as she obviously has very important information regarding the disappearance. If she is suggesting her statement was deliberately altered by omission that is a serious charge to make against a police force. It could even have political and diplomatic ramifications for U.K/Portuguese relations. The same applies if she is suggesting this occurred through carelessness. I don't think it is acceptable for newspapers to quote an unnamed source making such serious allegations and just expect it to to be accepted without further clarification. Let's have a thorough investigation of this nanny's claims.
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Keitei 19.04.17 10:47

This is courtesy of Lizzy HIDEHO 

Title: Anonymous Nanny
Scroll to near the bottom to see some interesting OLD articles (for comparison) and comments from Nigel mccannfiles. 

http://forum4.aimoo.com/madeleinemccanncontroversy/WELCOME-to-HDH-Controversy-Info/Anonymous-Nanny-1-2446720.html

Scroll down the above link to Sept 2007 heading...

* NOTE from Nigel mccanfiles:

It is worth noting that this interview with Charlotte Pennington appeared just three days after a number of newspapers ran reports about a 'missing 7 hours' time period leading up to Madeleine's disappearance - a period when it was alleged that no independent witness had seen Madeleine.

Metodo 3 had already been hired by the McCanns at this point and this may well have been their first contribution to the case: Offering Charlotte Pennington to the Daily Mail, for an exclusive interview, that would dispel the 'missing 7 hours' reports.

Of course, Pennington subsequently cast doubt on this story, on the Dispatches programme aired on Channel 4 on 18 October 2007, when she admitted that the last time she had seen the McCanns, together as a family, was at lunchtime on 03 May 2007.

On the very day the Dispatches programme was aired, for which the McCanns would almost certainly have had a pre-screening, the Daily Mail reveals - exclusively - that Gerry had asked David Payne to pop by the apartment and check on Kate.

The 'source' told the Mail, "David Payne saw Madeleine at around 6.30pm. He popped in because Gerry wanted to make sure Kate was OK. Gerry was playing tennis and David said he was going past. I expect it was said (by Gerry) as: 'If you are heading back that way, stick your head in and see if Kate is all right'.

The 'missing 7 hours' that Pennington had just blown a huge hole in was instantly filled in again!

Moderator/Investigator

Activity : 1560

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 19.04.17 11:06

Verdi wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:

This is the 21st century, wherever you go in the world you are at risk, it's not confined to Portugal no matter how the tabloids wish to cash-in on the loss of an innocent child. 

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office and tour operators alike, warn travellers to safeguard their property and not put themselves at risk. Any destination with a high concentration of tourists is a target for criminals, such activity is not confined to rape or child abduction - indeed statistically they are low on the list of possibilities.  You're more likely to get your throat slit for your mobile phone than de-bagged by a rampant predator.

I agree with you.

But don't you think the McCanns were behind this article? It lists the things they want people to think: that its  the fault of the Ocean Club because they weren't informed of any danger, or it's the fault of the police for not arriving sooner or investigating properly. 

Unless the nanny was sitting outside the apartment, or in the apartment and not searching, how would she know what time the police arrived?

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Latetothecase 19.04.17 11:44

It was 'so safe' that they felt it acceptable to leave valuable items like cameras and passports around, in an unlocked apartment.

Do you know anyone who leaves three high spirited children under 4 alone every night with their passports ready to grab and scribble in, rip, get soaked? Cos I don't.
Latetothecase

Activity : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 19.04.17 12:00

"Maddie’s nanny explains that she is often asked if the parents are guilty and that she always denies these accusations. . "the timings, the reactions , everything” . There is not the slightest chance that they are involved. "

Yet another person who was not there at the time IT, (whatever IT was) happened, who knows what did or didn't happen. Just like the McCanns.

Most of the comments at the Daily Fail were sceptical of this interview but many of them don't see that this would come from the McCann's P.R. They seem to think the media go dredging up these people or the people interviewed are trying to sell a story and have 'no respect' and should stop.

People should be informed of the large amount paid by the McCanns to keep their version of accounts in the news.
   It seems with the latest round of Royal P.R. (William and Harry talking about mental health and their mother) most people are oblivious to how P.R. controls what we see in the media.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie 19.04.17 12:34

From Cat's facebook status/friend comment she's been under a lot of stress over the past day or so. It must be awful when skeletons refuse to stay closets.

Funny how it was 'liked' by a Pauline Mccann (wasn't she one of the other nannies at the time?) as if she maybe empathises.. 

[Whilst on facebook thought I'd check on the tapaz lot to see how they're doing. So lovely how they all stay in touch with their likes and sickly comments. Bork]
Julie

Activity : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 19.04.17 12:52

I honestly think that any party who may be remotely involved in either the disappearance or the subsequent cover-upis dreading the imminent anniversary. The TM desire to keep it in the spotlight may turn out to be their undoing as the focus and attention is building, particularly on this forum, and not in a good way for them.
I hope that their "friendship" over the last 10 years, and the "pact" and any other "sweeteners" that might have been made, has all been worth it.
They are all accessories......................
polyenne

Activity : 1575

Back to top Go down

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Empty Peter Hyatt: Madeleine McCann - Nanny's statements

Post by Jill Havern 19.04.17 13:53

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Madeleine McCann: Nanny's Statements

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Madeleine_McCann_aged_three_and_age-progressed_nineThe complete article is at Crimeonline.com with an article written by Ellen Killoran. Below are the quotes with analysis following.  I left in short commentary by Ellen, as it is relevant in terms of the original article from "The Mirror."

The unnamed nanny did not babysit Madeleine and her siblings on the night in question.  

If you had interviewed her, what would be the one question that needs answering?

[Kate] She was crying, but almost in a catatonic state, and Gerry was very distressed. That’s the one thing I really remember from him, looking under the cars. I can’t forget that.

First note that she "was crying" is met with the word "but."

The word "but" is used to emphasize the wording that follows it.  The word "but" minimizes (and sometimes even negates) the information that preceded it. 

Why would she need to challenge "crying" by a mother who's child has just been 'kidnapped'?

In her language, she set up a "versus" situation:  "crying" versus being "catatonic state", that is one in which there is no reaction or response.  

"and Gerry was very distressed."  

Any father of a missing child would be "very distressed."  Yet, she has the need to not only tell us that which is unnecessary, but continues with detail including that it is "one thing", with "remember." 

"I remember" and "I really remember

Next, please note that in an open statement, a person can only tell us what they remember.  This is an indication that she is suppressing information. 

The point in the article from The Mirror is that although she was not there when the disappearance took place, she could tell, later, that the McCanns had nothing to do with the disappearance, based upon their reaction.  

The subject, who is not named, is not telling us all she knows.  It is not just that she "remembers" but she "really remembers" which further tells us that she is not telling us all she knows.  

This means, at the time of the statement, she is actively engaged in thoughts that she does not want to share.  

"I know" in an open statement.  Could you tell something you "don't know"

I know I didn’t step into that apartment but pretty much everybody else did. So, evidence gone, nothing.

Again, an honest person speaking in an open statement can only tell us what they know.  Here, she feels the need to emphasize knowledge unnecessarily with "I know", followed by telling us what she did not do.  This is called the "rule of the negative."  

What is it about this portion of what happened that would cause her to think of something she does not want to share?

Yet, she inserts the word "but" which refutes or minimizes by comparison what preceded it.  She "knows" she did not "step" into that apartment but... What follows "but" is important:

"pretty much everybody else did."

"So":  This is to explain why:
"evidence gone; nothing. 

Since she began with the unnecessary "I know", we must explore for the suppressed information.  

Note two things in particular:

1.  She feels the need to explain why there is "no evidence; nothing."  
2.  She uses a broken sentence in doing so. 

She does not claim the evidence is ruined or contaminated but in a broken sentence she says "evidence gone; nothing."

That she felt the need to explain "why" (indicting police?) is sensitive but it follows the negative and the self editing. 

Self editing (the broken sentence) is to stop oneself from making a complete thought:  withholding information.  

What does this mean?

It means the police should explore with the nanny what she is specifically concerned about here that she does not want to say.  She is withholding information, even if it is irrelevant to the investigation; she believes to the contrary.  

Nanny sees herself aligned with the McCanns. 

There was nobody there to say, ‘We need to lock this off now.’ The police didn’t get there for ages, maybe an hour and a half, so we were looking for her. And at the end of the day, no matter how much you’ve been trained with ­children, we were children, mainly ­teenagers, we’re not police.

Here she explains why they looked for her.  

Would you need to explain why you looked for a missing child?

Would they have not looked for her had the police gotten there earlier?

Here we see, now, the indictment of police.  This shows a need to shift blame. 

First, "everybody" and now "police." 

It began with the weak assertion of contamination of evidence where she was unable to bring herself to use a full sentence about evidence. Then she went to the police in her conclusion.  

“I think a lot of things should’ve happened differently,” she said. “Unfortunately the effects were catastrophic.

If the effects were catastrophic, would you only "think" a lot of things should have been done differently?

Recall, she used the wording "I know" in the interview.  Is this something she does not "know" but only "thinks"?

Why the weak assertion?

"Things should have been done differently.  Unfortunately, the effects were catastrophic." 

This would show congruency between the assertion "Things should have been done differently" and the "effects" that followed. 

This is a subject who appears acutely aware of the controversy around her.  She did not search for Madeleine with the McCanns, but "we" searched, highlighting her unity with them.  

Here is what Ellen wrote.  I appreciate her framing the context.  

A former Portuguese police chief, who was involved in the missing persons investigation in its early stages, published a book alleging that Maddie died accidentally while she was left alone with her siblings in the resort apartment, and that her parents covered up the death.

The Mirror interview does not address why no one at the resort had been hired to look after the McCann children if child care workers were available that night, though the nanny did tell the newspaper it was “normal” for vacationing parents to spend time on resort grounds while their children were sleeping in their rooms.

Analysis Conclusion:

The Nanny struggles with her own words.  She does not commit to a belief of a kidnapping, and is aligned with the parents.  She may possess some information about the McCanns, however, that has brought suspicion to her mind, but does not want to share it.  

She does not believe evidence of a kidnapper was destroyed.  

Next up:  McCann Brother-in-law statement to police

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/madeleine-mccann-nannys-statements.html

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41596

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs 19.04.17 14:56

Kate McCann DID scream 'They've taken her' claims new nanny witness, 25 September 2007
Kate McCann DID scream 'They've taken her' claims new nanny witness [color:8302=000000] Daily Mail

By DAN NEWLING

Last updated at 16:41pm on 25th September 2007

The first eyewitness account of the frantic moments after Madeleine McCann disappeared can be revealed today.

Nanny Charlotte Pennington confirms that Kate McCann did scream: "They've taken her, they've taken her!"

The mother's precise words have become a pivotal issue in the case, with Portuguese police questioning why she would automatically assume Maddie had been abducted.

Mrs McCann's family have countered this by insisting they recall her shouting: "Madeleine's gone."

Miss Pennington, however, one of the first people to set foot in the couple's apartment after the disappearance, says she heard the mother use both phrases.

The 20-year-old Briton, who tended children for the Mark Warner holiday complex in Praia da Luz, firmly believes the McCanns are innocent.

Speaking publicly for the first time yesterday, she described Mrs McCann in the aftermath as "a broken woman" who was shuddering and unable to move.

"We are trained to comfort people in this type of situation but she was just inconsolable," she said.

Miss Pennington is considered a vital witness by Portuguese detectives with whom she spent more than four-and-a-half hours giving a statement.

She also claims British expat Robert Murat, the first suspect in the case, was in the area of the Ocean Club complex that night. He has repeatedly denied that he was there.

Talking from her mother's home in Leatherhead, Surrey, yesterday she told the Daily Mail: "I was in the apartment less than five minutes after they found that Madeleine had gone.

"When we were coming out we saw Kate and she was screaming: 'They've taken her, they've taken her!'

"I was standing right in front of her outside the apartment's back door, in the alleyway. I was very close to her. It might not have been the first thing she said. But she definitely said it.

"I was one of three Mark Warner staff who saw her shouting it. They have all given statements to the Portuguese police saying that."

The "they've taken her" version of events was first given in the Portuguese press two days after Madeleine disappeared on May 3.

It remained unchallenged until last Thursday when a source close to the McCann family claimed Kate had actually shouted: 'Madeleine's gone!'

Miss Pennington flew out to start work at Praia da Luz on April 28 - the same day that the McCanns arrived. She had worked for Mark Warner on two previous occasions.

She was employed as a nanny in the Ocean Club resort's Baby Club, looking after children aged four to 12 months.

However, she also came into close contact with Madeleine, her two-year-old sister and brother Amelie and Sean, and their parents, both doctors aged 39.

She dismissed claims that the McCanns were not seen for six hours leading up to the disappearance.

She said: "I was helping give the children high tea. The twins were there and Madeleine and both parents.

"It was supposed to finish at 5.30pm but because they were a big group and really social, it didn't finish until about 6pm. There was nothing out of the ordinary at all."

After tea Miss Pennington went to work at the resort's evening creche, in which parents could leave their children while they went out for supper.

Just before 10pm the last mother arrived to collect her child from the creche and mentioned that she had just bumped into a man, who had been shouting a name.

"She didn't get the name, but she said it sounded something like 'Abbey, Gabby or Maddie'. We automatically went into lost-child procedure. In these situations, the first thing we do is investigate the scene.

"We knew that one of the other nanny's charges was called Maddie. We told the head of department what had happened and she took us straight to the apartment.

"There were no children in the room. The twins had been taken out already, I think by one of the McCanns' friends.

"When we were coming out we saw Kate and she was screaming: 'They've taken her. They've taken her!'

Asked if it was the only thing she said, Miss Pennington answered: "It might not have been the first thing she said. But she definitely said it. She also repeated Madeleine's name and said: 'She's gone, she's gone'.

"I couldn't really believe what I was seeing - she was just so distraught. She was screaming out and tears were running down her face.

"Everyone else was running around trying to help.

"Kate and her friend, who was looking after her, were the only ones who weren't out looking for Madeleine."

While Gerry McCann leapt into action and began frantically searching the resort, she said his wife remained outside the apartment, shuddering with tears and unable to move.

Asked why she thought Mrs McCann might have shouted "They've taken her", Miss Pennington said:

"I'm not really sure. But maybe she saw some people looking at Madeleine earlier that day, and she immediately thought that they must have taken her."

The nanny was one of three staff who steered Mrs McCann to the nearby reception area, where they asked her to describe what Madeleine was wearing.

But she remained so hysterical that she could hardly communicate.

"We get missing children all the time, and I have seen plenty of hysterical mothers. But none of them were like Kate."

She confirmed reports from the McCanns' friends that Murat was at the scene.

"He was outside the lobby just before we started on our big search," she said.

"He was adamant that he wasn't there. But he was. He was there in the road, he was just looking. It was about 10.30. He was just watching.

"I didn't know his name then. But the next day he was our interpreter and I met him then. He didn't take part in the searches, but he was there."

Murat has insisted that he was at his home nearby throughout the evening of Madeleine's disappearance. Portuguese sources have claimed that he will soon be told that he is no longer a suspect.

Miss Pennington explained that she spent the rest of the evening searching for Madeleine, before finally going to bed at 4am.

The following afternoon she was one of the first people to give witness statements to the Portuguese police.

Since then, she said, she has spoken to a Portuguese detective once and to two British detectives.

It is worth noting that this interview with Charlotte Pennington appeared just three days after a number of newspapers ran reports about a 'missing 7 hours' time period leading up to Madeleine's disappearance - a period when it was alleged that no independent witness had seen Madeleine.

Metodo 3 had already been hired by the McCanns at this point and this may well have been their first contribution to the case: Offering Charlotte Pennington to the Daily Mail, for an exclusive interview, that would dispel the 'missing 7 hours' reports.

Of course, Pennington subsequently cast doubt on this story, on the Dispatches programme aired on Channel 4 on 18 October 2007, when she admitted that the last time she had seen the McCanns, together as a family, was at lunchtime on 03 May 2007.

On the very day the Dispatches programme was aired, for which the McCanns would almost certainly have had a pre-screening, the Daily Mail reveals - exclusively - that Gerry had asked David Payne to pop by the apartment and check on Kate.

The 'source' told the Mail, "David Payne saw Madeleine at around 6.30pm. He popped in because Gerry wanted to make sure Kate was OK. Gerry was playing tennis and David said he was going past. I expect it was said (by Gerry) as: 'If you are heading back that way, stick your head in and see if Kate is all right'.

The 'missing 7 hours' that Pennington had just blown a huge hole in was instantly filled in again!

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id70.htm#13

Note the date of the article Last updated at 14:48pm on 14th October 2007.

I guess she just outed herself, i wonder how much they paid her?

Researcher/Analyst

Activity : 1825

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.04.17 17:05

Hello magazine:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2017041938214/madeleine-mccann-nanny-talks-disappearance/

Madeleine McCann's nanny breaks silence 10 years after disappearance
April 19, 2017 by Ainhoa Barcelona

A former nanny who looked after Madeleine McCann has opened up about the night the little girl disappeared. Madeleine was on holiday with her twin siblings and parents Kate and Gerry in Praia da Luz, Portugal when she vanished in May 2007. It's been almost ten years and in an interview with The Mirror's Matthew Young, the ex-nanny has recalled that night's terrible events.
The former child minder, who has not been named, said: "A parent came to me and said there was something going on, and said someone's looking for a child, I didn't instantly think it was Maddie. I walked into Kate crying, friends comforting her, Gerry looking under cars, and it just blew up. I don't even think she saw me. I just stood next to her and tried to comfort her. She was pacing up and down. The worst possible thing had just happened to her." The ex-nanny said Kate was crying, "almost in a catatonic state", while Gerry was "very distressed". She added: "That's the one thing I really remember from him, looking under the cars. I can't forget that."
Madeleine McCann disappeared aged three in 2007
The unnamed witness worked at the Ocean Club resort in the Algarve as a child minder. She took it in turns to care for Maddie, who was three years old when she disappeared. Throughout the night, she and other employees at the resort scoured the area alongside police and Maddie's parents. Staff also walked Praia da Luz's small, winding streets until they were told to stop, against their will, at 5am the following morning.

Kate McCann's Missing People Choir reduces audience to tears on BGT

To this day, Maddie's whereabouts remain unknown. She disappeared on the evening of 3 May 2007 from her bed in the family's holiday apartment. On the official website findmadeleine.com, the Metropolitan Police have commissioned an age-progression image of Maddie, showing what she would look like now, aged almost 14.
---------------------------------------------------------

On the official website findmadeleine.com, the Metropolitan Police have commissioned an age-progression image of Maddie, showing what she would look like now, aged almost 14.

Anyone 'seen' the 'new' MET Police 'age-progression' image of Madeleine, 'aged' almost 14?

I can't 'find' it!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Empty Curiouser & curiouser or: clairvoyance revealed

Post by Portia 19.04.17 17:14

Today, Flemish  broadsheet the Latest News ('Het Laatste Nieuws') held two letters to the editor commenting on the nanny no-no interview. One from a pro, one from an anti McCann. Or rather: one believer, one realist.

The odd thing being, that the interview is printed in the same edition of this newspaper. 

So how come these two letters commented on an interview which had not yet appeared when they were written and sent?
Portia
Portia

Activity : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Portia 19.04.17 17:21

kaz wrote:
polyenne wrote:“We were told to start looking in bins in case her body was in there. It was at that point we realised this was serious.”
Seems strange that, having been told she's been abducted, they're "told" to start looking in bins. By whom ? By her own admission, the police were late arriving so who told them ?
Gerry under cars, nannies in bins..............it's laughable.

To be looking in bins for a dead body so soon in the search  is very strange indeed.

The McCanns could surely sue Warners for negligence. According to Nanny Whoever,  Warners  knew the area was unsafe but at the same time  neglected to give their paying clients that information.  

Small wonder Warner upped sticks an left the Algarve: damage control
Portia
Portia

Activity : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 19.04.17 17:33

Well judging by the bar across the top of "Hello" online magazine this is the perfect place for the McCann story.

Celebrities - they've become famous.
Royalty - treated like by Gov & media.
Fashion - ribbons, earrings & wristbands.
Babies - 3 (left alone)
Health&Beauty - jogging, tennis.
Food - tapas dining.
Travel- raising awareness tour.
TV & film - loads, even Oprah.
Blogs - Gerry McCann's.

Only thing missing was weddings! sarcastic
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 19.04.17 18:40

I wonder if the nannies with the rape alarms were made aware of the McCann's paedophile friend Clement Freud, if not for their own safety but for the children?

And did the Police search his house? If not, why not?

Maybe Nanny McFee could develop this story in the coming weeks? Maybe she saw him walking towards the beach with Maddie?

He's dead so he's hardly in a position to sue.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1291645/madeleine-mccann-cops-did-nothing-about-clement-freud-connection-despite-victim-warning-them-two-years-ago/
**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Nintchdbpict000004401004Madeleine McCann cops 'did nothing' about Clement Freud ...
www.thesun.co.uk
MADDIE LEAD Madeleine McCann cops ‘did nothing’ about Clement Freud connection… Despite victim warning them TWO years ago

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by sar 19.04.17 19:12

Thanks Hobs,

"Note the date of the article Last updated at 14:48pm on 14th October 2007.

[size=13]I guess she just outed herself, i wonder how much they paid her?
[/size]"
sar

Activity : 1680

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 19.04.17 22:21

Extract from Cat Bakers' Rogatory statement
**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 <a href=**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Screen19" />
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 19.04.17 22:31

It's thought that Nanny McFee is Charlotte Pennington.

**NEW** Daily Mirrors, 18, 21 & 22 Apr - EX-DETECTIVE COLIN SUTTON IS ACTIVELY CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD (was: Daily Mirror, 18 Apr 2017 "What REALLY happened the night Madeleine disappeared") - Page 4 Drmr10

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CHARLOTTE-PENNINGTON.htm

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 19.04.17 23:54

suzyjohnson wrote:
Verdi wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:

I agree with you.

But don't you think the McCanns were behind this article? It lists the things they want people to think: that its  the fault of the Ocean Club because they weren't informed of any danger, or it's the fault of the police for not arriving sooner or investigating properly. cEan

Unless the nanny was sitting outside the apartment, or in the apartment and not searching, how would she know what time the police arrived?
Frankly, I don't believe a word of it - just another predictable pre-anniversary blitz of nonsense stories.

Good point however about the fault being the Ocean Club for not informing guests of the dangers, I've seen this excuse put across many a time by the McCann defence league.

Far be it for me to suggest that tourists take responsibility for their own safety - starting with not leaving three very young vulnerable children alone every night, in an unlocked apartment, to fend for themselves, if indeed that's what they did do. 

Personally I think this was a story concocted to give an abductor the opportunity to abduct.  Thinking about it reasonably, it flies in the face of instinctive parenting, or in McCann speak - responsible parenting !!!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 20.04.17 0:02

Get'emGonçalo Today at 10:31 pm

"It's thought that Nanny McFee is Charlotte Pennington."
---------------------------

And 'you', my 'dear', get....... a GOLD STAR!

Put your 'phone' on silent, tomorrow, even OG will 'give up' ringing you, to ask you to 'help' THEM with their 'inquiries' in identifying various 'no-names', they have been struggling to identify.....for 6 YEARS!

'source, pal, friend, chum, relative, spokesman, nanny' etc.,

To quote Dave 'Grabbit' Eager, the ONLY 'professional' PI the Mcs ever employed............'the evidence is all THERE, hiding in plain sight'!

'What OTHER explanation can explain how she's not here?" asks GM.

Trouble is, OG officers, imo, have 'drunk to much of Mrs Boss's tea'

"Mrs. Boss says they like her tea so much... it gives them a blind eye...makes Mcs (and their 'holidaying' friends) invisible"
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top