The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Mm11

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Mm11

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Regist10

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Empty Re: Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY

Post by Verdi 29.09.20 22:15

bn

Cops probing the chilling abduction of the missing tot make one last ditch attempt at finding the sicko what done it

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Olive_17

The Daily Tablet

Bungling and disgraced cops across Europe fight to be the first to find the sicko who abducted the toddler back in May 2007.

Fresh evidence has emerged and cops are now in a headlock scrum to be the first to find the latest prime suspect said to have been lurking around the Ocean Club Praia da Luz, this time last week, or last month, or last year according to new witnesses.  New reports say the suspect is a super-spreader and likely to attack any unsuspecting by-stander.  The public are advised not to stand around but to go straight home and self isolate.  Anyone caught violating police recommendations will be ordered to take the knee (where to will be shortly publicized), shot or heavily fined.

The public are warned, if you recognize this man do not approach him - he can be very impulsive and dangerous.  If you think you have seen him or know where he might be, immediately call your mum or failing that phone a friend.  You know, a friend in need is a friend indeed. Don't wait for the curfew to be lifted .... call now!

Remember - keep your distance, go home and self isolate and make sure you wash your hands afterwards.

A source close to the family said Gerry and Kate are buoyed-up by this latest development and they thank the police and Clarence Mitchell for not forgetting the little girl.

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Corona10
Coronaman e-fit

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Empty Re: Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY

Post by Verdi 30.09.20 0:55

Why Madeleine McCann was never just another 'lost child' story

Giles Tremlett - Fri 5 Jun 2020 17.15 BST

A new suspect has reignited interest in her case, but the British media was hooked from the day she went missing

It is the story that never goes away. And why should it? The three-year-old girl with the smudge in her right eye would now be a British teenager, looking forward to another family holiday on a Mediterranean or Atlantic beach. Next year she would go to university, perhaps following her high-achieving parents to medical school. Instead, Madeleine McCann is frozen in time – the little girl who disappeared from the family’s Portuguese holiday apartment on 3 May 2007.

Madeleine’s disappearance is an almost unbearable tragedy. Those of us who watched Kate and Gerry McCann step out each morning from their Praia da Luz apartment to drop off the younger twins – Sean and Amelie – so they could continue the campaign to find their daughter, always saw that. Never in British journalism, indeed, have so many hardened hacks so desperately hoped to stumble upon a little girl – perhaps just dropped off alive by her kidnapper on a cobbled Portuguese pavement.

Otherwise, this is a tale uniquely shaped by British media culture. It is so British that the Portuguese media at first paid scant attention to the newest suspect, revealed this week. Motive, means and behaviour all meet in convicted German paedophile Christian Brückner – who, nevertheless, remains innocent until proven guilty. We know opportunity was also present.

When the Brückner news broke, the Portuguese press did not immediately show huge interest. On Thursday Público newspaper spoke of “the latest suspect” (from an already exhaustingly long list). On Friday it reported on how Praia da Luz just “wants the case to close”. People were obviously tired of an old story that still haunts the tourist resort, but which is continually given fresh life by British tabloids that jump on any new clue.

The Portuguese media are not callous. But they had moved on, partly in response to the heavy-footed British press and its mostly condescending attitude to the Portuguese people and police.

The McCann story, indeed, is also a snapshot of Britain and its poisonous media culture. By May 2007, at least 10 million Britons spent their summer holidays in Spain and Portugal. Almost 1 million lived there. Many showed little or no interest in their host countries. They brought, too, a degree of chaos. British tourists kept local police and emergency services busy by needing rescue from drunken late-night swims, overdosing, choking on their own vomit, fighting outside clubs, and jumping, falling or being pushed off balconies. Occasionally they stabbed or shot one another. In the worst tragedies, toddlers drowned in villa swimming pools.

A few years before Madeleine disappeared, a three-month-old British boy was found in a pushchair on a pavement in the Algarve’s main city of Faro. He had been dumped there just before his parents flew home to Gatwick. The Portuguese were shocked. British tourists were good for the economy; but they also did the strangest, most inhuman things.

UK tabloids lapped up these stories. Part of their readership was sitting on the beach, reading summer editions printed on Spanish presses.

The McCanns were not that kind of tourist. Kate and Gerry were both doctors. In fact they were the perfect victims: the blonde white girl with the professional parents. These, after all, were the people the media thought they were speaking to – white, middle-class families. But British children go missing more frequently than we would like. They rarely, if ever, get this much attention.

It is always, too, somehow more fascinating if the disappearance happens abroad. That taps into a very British fear of the foreign – and enables us to blame another culture. This was only too visible in the warfare waged between the British media and their Portuguese counterparts, and by sections of the police in both countries. Within days, Kate and Gerry had built a tight relationship with Sky News – Rupert Murdoch’s 24-hour service.

Sky catapulted the McCanns to the top of every news list. Teams of reporters appeared from the Daily Mail and elsewhere, as broadsheets played catch-up. I missed the first days, having written this off as yet another “child lost on beach” story, but eventually spent more than a month in Praia da Luz. That period ended when Gerry McCann drove his family to the airport early one morning, while half a dozen cars swarmed around him, bristling with camera lenses.

In between, as real stories ran dry, tabloid culture took over. A Daily Express reporter wearily explained to me that his editor expected a front page splash every two days. Negative stories grew, targeting the McCanns and the Portuguese police. The following year Express newspapers paid £550,000 in damages to the family. “The general theme of the articles was to suggest that Mr and Mrs McCann were responsible for the death of Madeleine … and that they had then disposed of her body,” the couple’s lawyers stated. The McCanns later became key witnesses to the Leveson inquiry on press misconduct.

The thuggery of mid-2000s tabloids has since emigrated (without journalists) to Facebook and social media. Conspiracy theories abound, fuelled by poisonous commentary and mad theories about “white slavery”.

Yet the tone was set long ago. It turned the Portuguese against this story, and exhausted the patience of people in Praia da Luz. When I called several of them on Thursday evening, they spoke of a tragic moment from a different era – and this new appeal relies on people recalling events, places, vehicles and phone numbers from 2007. So despite this being such a high-profile British story, it will probably be the Portuguese who, eventually, solve the crime.

• Giles Tremlett is a correspondent based in Spain. He is the author of Ghosts of Spain, and biographies of Catherine of Aragon and Isabella of Castile

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/05/madeleine-mccann-lost-child-new-suspect-british-media

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.10.20 1:13

'MY STRESS AND PAIN' Former Portuguese cop Goncalo Amaral whinges the McCanns have ruined HIS life on 10th anniversary of Maddie disappearance

The ex detective says his career and marriage broke down in the aftermath of the Maddie inquiry
Exclusive

Tracey Kandohla

28 Apr 2017, 12:29

A FORMER Portuguese cop who the McCann’s failed to silence over claims they covered up their daughter’s accidental death now blames THEM for wrecking his career.

Goncalo Amaral also blasts Kate and Gerry for slandering him, undermining his work and disrupting his home life.
Goncalo Amaral claims the high-profile case also ruined his marriage.

As the couple face the heartbreak 10th anniversary of Maddie’s disappearance in six days the ex detective has today spoken to a respected Portuguese magazine.

In further rants he accuses the British Government and Scotland Yard of interfering in the case, protecting Maddie’s parents and causing the Portuguese authorities to bow to pressure.

Mr Amaral talks about his own decade of “stress and pain” while the McCanns brace themselves for the milestone “horrible marker of time, stolen time.”

The former Policia Judiciaria inspector was booted off the bungled Maddie inquiry after criticising Met and Leicestershire police and later retired.

Now he's said: “A senior police officer’s career should not have been thrown away to defend a couple suspected at least of the child’s negligence that led to the disappearance.”

He said had every right to be critical of the Kate and Gerry and the system and insisted: “I should not have retired from the PJ. I should not have been allowed to have been put under so much pressure.

"The police did not defend me or my colleagues from the injury and insults targeted at us.”

Mr Amaral, whose marriage also broke down in the aftermath of the Maddie inquiry, accused his bosses of being pressurised and intimidated by British authorities who he believes were intent on “protecting” two wealthy middle class doctors.

Three-year-old Maddie vanished from a holiday apartment in Portugal’s Praia da Luz in May 2007. She had been left alone with her younger twin siblings while her parents were dining nearby with pals.

Former GP Kate, 49, and renowned heart consultant Gerry, 48, from Rothley, Leics, believe their daughter was kidnapped during a burglary gone wrong or by child traffickers.

Mr Amaral, whose team investigated the missing girl’s case, claims she died in an accident in the rented flat by falling or by being given an overdose of sedatives and her parents later disposed of her body. He said there was never any proof she was snatched by intruders.

The divorcee, 57, told weekly news magazine Sabado: “It was almost a lack of respect to make the decision that she was abducted and make it public.”

He added: “It was not objectively looking at the process. If the investigation ever comes to an end and if it proves that the parents have nothing to do with the case that's fine.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3436545/former-portuguese-cop-goncalo-amaral-whinges-the-mccanns-have-ruined-his-life-on-10th-anniversary-of-maddie-disappearance/

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.10.20 0:49

NOTHING TO HIDE Maddie McCann private investigator Dave Edgar insists all his findings were handed over to cops – and says her mystery disappearance WILL eventually be solved

The ex cop stopped working for the McCanns when the Met came on board in 2011
Exclusive

Tracey KandohlaSam Christie

2 May 2017, 23:09Updated: 4 May 2017, 0:20

A FORMER top cop who spent three years searching for Madeleine McCann as a private investigator tonight insisted he handed over all his findings to police.

Retired Detective Dave Edgar also believes her mystery disappearance will eventually be solved.

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Nintch26
Retired Dave Edgar insists he handed over all his findings to policeCredit: PA:Press Association Archive

He said the leaked Home Office report claiming Maddie’s parents withheld vital information “may have been referring to previous investigators,” adding: “It wasn’t me.”

Mr Edgar, 60, told The Sun Online: “I gave Scotland Yard and Leicestershire Police everything I got, all my material, there would be no reason not to.”

The ex cop, who stopped working for the McCanns when the Met Police came on board in May 2011, said he always had a “good relationship” with the Yard and the family’s home force.

It comes after details of a Home Office report were aired on Sky1's Searching for Madeleine documentary to mark the 10th anniversary of her disappearance.

The report said: "It is clear that the McCanns and the private investigators working on their behalf have gathered a large amount of information during the course of their enquiries.

"This information does not appear to have been shared fully with the Leicestershire constabulary or the Portuguese authorities.

"It is imperative that they are encouraged and persuaded to share this information."

Mr Edgar said that although he shared his info he couldn’t glean any inside knowledge from cops.

He said: “I was working as an investigator and did the job as it was.

"I could only do so much. I had no access to their information but I knew that was the case.

“Under the Official Secrets Act police are not allowed to share anything with private investigators.

"They would lose their jobs and I’d be prosecuted.”

Three-year-old Madeleine vanished from her holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007.

It sparked one of the biggest missing persons investigations in history.

Ten years later, and the search for Maddie still continues.

The ex detective, who has had more than 30 years experience with Cheshire Police and the Royal Ulster Constabulary, added: “I firmly believe this case will be solved eventually - it is not beyond the realms of possibility.”

The Home Office report also revealed Kate and Gerry McCann felt they were "treated badly" by Portuguese cops from the beginning of the investigation.

They felt their treatment at the hands of Portuguese investigators was “inhumane” and created a “distinct lack of trust”.

The report said: "It is clear that from the beginning the McCanns felt there was a lack of clarity and communication on the part of the Portuguese police.

"Despite the involvement of British consular staff, they were, by their own accounts, left for long periods without any updates or communication with the investigators.

"They state they were taken to the police station on more than one occasion and then left for hours waiting to speak to someone who never materialised.

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Nintch27
The ex cop stopped working for the McCanns when the Met Police came on board in May 2011Credit: PA:Press Association Archive

"They describe this situation as inhumane, with no real consideration for their emotional and physical wellbeing."

The report, written by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, also said too many UK authorities had rushed to help.

This led to criticism of the Portuguese cops and accusations the UK acted like a "colonial power".

The McCanns’s spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “This is a historic report and much has moved on since then.

"All material private investigators gathered was passed onto the relevant authorities in its entirety.”

He added: “Kate and Gerry have a good working relationship with the police.

"They are very happy with Scotland Yard and the current Portuguese team.”

A close pal of Maddie’s parents said: “Of course there were tensions at the start and annoyance that things weren’t being done quickly enough."

Gerry and Kate were dining with friends nearby when Maddie vanished.

Last week top Brit detective Mark Rowley revealed he is following up "critical" leads on the tot's disappearance.

On Monday The Sun Online revealed how a suspect may have been a woman dressed as a nurse.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3465683/maddie-mccann-private-investigator-dave-edgar-denies-withheld-evidence/

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.10.20 21:40

what

Is this the final twist of the mystery I've investigated for 13 years? For the sake of Madeleine McCann's parents, we must hope that the truth is about to emerge at long last, writes DAVID JONES

By David Jones for the Daily Mail

Published: 23:15, 3 June 2020 | Updated: 09:48, 4 June 2020

During my 40 years as a reporter I have covered countless epoch-defining events. Yet the question that most people ask me is invariably the same: ‘What really happened to Madeleine McCann?’

For 13 of those years I have striven vainly, like many others — Portuguese and British policemen, privately hired detectives, investigative journalists — to provide the answer.

The trail has taken me from Praia da Luz — that far-flung Algarve holiday resort whose name will be forever associated with the most disquieting and astonishing child abduction case in history — all across Europe, and even to North Africa.

It has led me, sometimes literally, down countless blind alleys, and thrown up more red-herrings than a capsized trawler.

But perhaps significantly, given last night’s dramatic Scotland Yard briefing, one of the myriad oddballs whose name came up repeatedly during my inquiries lived in a battered camper-van, and had a young German girlfriend with whom he shambled around southern Portugal.

I will return to him later.

If, by some miracle, Madeleine is still alive, she will now be 17 years old.

From those early photographs, and computer-enhanced images that have since been created, we can envision a strikingly beautiful girl, slender and blonde.

Given that her parents are both physicians, we can suppose she would be taking her A-levels and applying for a place at a good university.

However, the Madeleine whose disappearance has given rise to countless films, books and articles, and continues to capture international headlines, has been frozen in time.

Certainly, I still think of her the way she looked when I was first dispatched to Portugal, a few days after she was apparently plucked from her bed in Apartment 5A at the Ocean Club resort, as her parents ate a tapas supper in the nearby restaurant: a very pretty girl, nine days away from her fourth birthday, with apple cheeks and an unusual brown ‘flash’ over the iris in her right eye.

Arriving in the resort, dubbed ‘Little Britain’ by locals because so many expats kept apartments and villas there, speculation was rife, and it seemed that everybody had a theory.

The most obvious was that she had been abducted, perhaps by a child sex-fiend or someone who intended to sell her into paedophilia — for the westernmost tip of Europe was well known as a magnet for such unsavoury types.

Since the McCanns and their holiday friends — who quickly became known as the Tapas Seven — were dining at a restaurant which, though only 80 yards from the apartment, was hidden behind a high wall, this seemed a very real possibility.

As there was a large rubbish skip beside the apartment block, which was emptied into a nearby landfill site, some suggested that the kidnapper might have been disturbed by Kate, when she returned to make a half-hourly check on Madeleine and her twin siblings, then killed her in panic and dumped her body.

Then again, perhaps the little girl had been bundled into a car and driven across the border to Spain, less than an hour away, before the unforgivably slow and inept Portuguese police had started to make frontier checks.

Either that, or she had been carried down to the beach and ferried across the Mediterranean to Morocco (a theory that saw me following the same path several months later, when it was claimed that a small, fair-haired girl had been seen being marched along by a middle-aged woman of Arab appearance).

Others offered less macabre explanations for Madeleine’s disappearance in those early days.

At the time major roadworks were underway in Praia da Luz, and a deep trench ran along the road close to Apartment 5A.

Suppose that Madeleine — who had been heard to complain, the previous day, that her parents had failed to heed her night-time cries — had woken up frightened and alone, and wandered into the street to look for her mummy and daddy.

Could she have fallen down the manhole and been rendered unconscious?

The theory might sound outlandish, yet it was taken seriously enough for heat-seeking equipment to be used to explore the by-then Tarmacked road several years later.

Some observers — journalists and residents — rushed to judge Robert Murat, an innocent British-Portuguese man, then in his early 30s, who lived with his elderly mother in a house just a couple of minutes’ walk from the apartment.

Mr Murat, the first person to be named as an ‘arguido’, or suspect, by the Portuguese police.

Soon after Kate McCann alerted the Tapas Seven that her daughter was missing, he had joined some 60 locals in a street search.

Then, when the investigation began, he offered to interpret for the McCanns.

All this aroused the suspicion of a female British tabloid reporter, and when she went to the police he was duly arrested.

I was the first reporter to interview Mr Murat after his release.

After 90 minutes in his admittedly unusual company I was convinced of his innocence and reported my fears that he had become ‘a scapegoat’.

In time, he successfully sued a plethora of other journalists for libel, winning a very substantial pay-out.

As the months rolled by, and clue after potential clue was explored, the McCanns dealt with their unimaginable torment in very different ways.

Gerry, then a spry 39-year-old Leicester heart specialist, seemed to adopt a clinical and business-like approach to the search.

He spent his time travelling the world to meet missing person experts and lobby statesmen for their assistance — he even secured an audience with the Pope.

He also wrote a blog, which many thought unduly chipper.

When First Lady Laura Bush’s Scottish terrier slobbered over him, he joked that the pooch must have known he was a fellow Scot.

Meanwhile, Kate remained in Praia da Luz, staying in a friend’s villa and cared for by family members.

Already pencil slim when the holiday began, she cut a skeletal figure as she jogged over the cliffs above the resort, knelt in prayer at the Roman Catholic church, or spent hours simply gazing out at the Atlantic.

Always she clutched on to Madeleine’s favourite soft toy, a pink animal called Cuddle Cat, which had been beside her in bed on the night she was taken.

On one occasion, I met her as she sat on the rocks and wished her well. Her mouth opened but it took a titanic effort for her to utter a few words of thanks.

Perhaps partly because of Gerry’s refusal, or inability, to show his emotions, it wasn’t long before some people’s suspicions began to turn on the couple themselves.

Public criticism of their parenting standards had started within hours of the abduction.

On radio phone-ins and the nascent social media platforms, many had berated them for leaving their children unattended, and as the months wore on a cruelly orchestrated vendetta was waged against them by internet trolls.

The McCanns, it must be said, didn’t help themselves by courting publicity for their cause at every opportunity, setting up a charity that raised funds by offering £2-a-time bracelets, and had as its signature tune Bryan Adams’ slushy rock anthem Everything I Do, I Do It For You.

They also hired a string of questionable media representatives, including an aspiring Lib Dem politician who thought it would be a good photo-op if the couple visited an orphanage.

Thankfully, the couple were not persuaded.

Behind the scenes, however, the Portuguese police — led by an out-of-his-depth and misguidedly ambitious inspector named Goncalo Amaral — were also coming to the opinion that Kate and Gerry were probably implicated in Madeleine’s disappearance.

So, as the summer season drew to a close, Madeleine’s parents were shockingly arrested and accused of being suspects.

To my lasting shame, having listened to what Amaral and his cronies had to say — about traces of Madeleine’s blood supposedly being found in the couple’s hire car, and other fallacies — I briefly shared their doubts, and wrote as much.

It was only later, when the full extent of their bungling ‘detective work’ was exposed that I penned a humble mea culpa.

And so, as the years passed by and little girls resembling Madeleine were reportedly sighted on every continent, this seemingly unsolvable saga rolled on.

In the light of last night's news, the most intriguing breakthrough may have come in 2009, when sources told me how, when staying in a flyblown town near Praia da Luz, they had met father-of-four Raymond Hewlett, then 64.

A thrice-jailed child sex attacker, the scraggy-haired and unshaven Hewlett travelled around Portugal and Spain in an old blue Dodge, converted into a camper, van with his German girlfriend, then in her 30s, and, according to the source, he had been staying near the resort when Madeleine was taken.

When this tip-off was relayed to two former British police officers hired by the McCanns to probe the case, they duly sought him out in a German hospital, where he was being treated for cancer of the oesophagus, and described him as their most promising suspect.

However, the wheelchair-bound Hewlett screamed obscenities at the private investigators, and declined to answer any questions. The following year he died.

Given that the new suspect lived a transient lifestyle in the seedy camper-van community that treks around Europe, however, and given that he is in prison in Germany, we must wonder whether he and Hewlett were somehow connected.

For the sake of two much-maligned and forever tormented parents, we must hope that the truth is about to emerge at long last.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8385869/Is-final-twist-Madeleine-McCann-mystery-Ive-investigated-13-years.html

angry2

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentscope 04.10.20 21:57

Given that the new suspect lived a transient lifestyle in the seedy camper-van community that treks around Europe, however, and given that he is in prison in Germany, we must wonder whether he and Hewlett were somehow connected.

Silentscope- We must? Or you want us to? 

I wonder if your “Psychological transference” theory applies to the above Reporter Verdi?
Silentscope
Silentscope

Activity : 2526

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.10.20 2:33

For 13 of those years I have striven vainly, like many others — Portuguese and British policemen, privately hired detectives, investigative journalists — to provide the answer.

Answer:  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/

The trail has taken me from Praia da Luz — that far-flung Algarve holiday resort whose name will be forever associated with the most disquieting and astonishing child abduction case in history — all across Europe, and even to North Africa.

Answer:  Madeleine McCann was not abducted in the true sense of the word.

It has led me, sometimes literally, down countless blind alleys, and thrown up more red-herrings than a capsized trawler.

Answer:  Wrong catch - it was sea bass.

If, by some miracle, Madeleine is still alive, she will now be 17 years old.

Answer:  Miracles do not happen, it's a myth.

From those early photographs, and computer-enhanced images that have since been created, we can envision a strikingly beautiful girl, slender and blonde.

Answer:  How disrespectful.  Decent people do not envision a child by the description you choose.

Given that her parents are both physicians, we can suppose she would be taking her A-levels and applying for a place at a good university.

Answer:  Nonsense

However, the Madeleine whose disappearance has given rise to countless films, books and articles, and continues to capture international headlines, has been frozen in time.

Answer:  No it hasn't, at least not for the more observant.

Certainly, I still think of her the way she looked when I was first dispatched to Portugal, a few days after she was apparently plucked from her bed in Apartment 5A at the Ocean Club resort

Answer: How inappropriate to think of a three year old child in that way.  Madeleine McCann was not plucked from her bed.

The most obvious was that she had been abducted, perhaps by a child sex-fiend or someone who intended to sell her into paedophilia — for the westernmost tip of Europe was well known as a magnet for such unsavoury types.

Answer:  It was not the most obvious.  It was the theory propagated by the parents - Gerry and Kate McCann.

At the time major roadworks were underway in Praia da Luz, and a deep trench ran along the road close to Apartment 5A.

Answer:  Was there?

The theory might sound outlandish, yet it was taken seriously enough for heat-seeking equipment to be used to explore the by-then Tarmacked road several years later.

Answer:  Quack!  Quack!

Soon after Kate McCann alerted the Tapas Seven that her daughter was missing, he had joined some 60 locals in a street search.

Answer:  No he didn't.

He spent his time travelling the world to meet missing person experts and lobby statesmen for their assistance — he even secured an audience with the Pope.

Answer:  No he didn't.

When First Lady Laura Bush’s Scottish terrier slobbered over him, he joked that the pooch must have known he was a fellow Scot.

Answer:  No he didn't

Behind the scenes, however, the Portuguese police — led by an out-of-his-depth and misguidedly ambitious inspector named Goncalo Amaral — were also coming to the opinion that Kate and Gerry were probably implicated in Madeleine’s disappearance.

Answer:  It was not behind the scenes, it was the official investigation into the disappearance of a three year old child.  Gonçalo Amaral was not out of his depth or misguided or ambitious.  The Portuguese police did not come to the opinion - they investigated and evaluated the evidence that led them to believe the parents of Madeleine McCann were involved in their daughter disappearance.

So, as the summer season drew to a close, Madeleine’s parents were shockingly arrested and accused of being suspects.

Answer:  The McCanns were not arrested nor shockingly accused of being suspects.  They 'were' suspects taken in for questioning.

To my lasting shame, having listened to what Amaral and his cronies had to say — about traces of Madeleine’s blood supposedly being found in the couple’s hire car, and other fallacies — I briefly shared their doubts, and wrote as much.

Answer:  To your lasting shame you dared to report on a subject you clearly know nothing about.  The scent of blood and death detected by the specialist trained dogs was not a fallacy.  The forensic evidence was in the hands of the British Forensic Science Service to analyse - if you want to point fingers, that's the direction you should look

It was only later, when the full extent of their bungling ‘detective work’ was exposed that I penned a humble mea culpa.

I can only suggest you be very cautious about where you stick your pen and humble mea culpa - it could be painful in the wrong hands.

Back to junior school for you Mister Jon Clarke David Jones!

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Cammerigal and Silentscope like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 05.10.20 8:26

Answer:  Was there?

Ah Yes, Jon Clarke's unfathomable trench
Yet another of his lies planted in the public domain, repeated by the Gutter press, and now apparently believed by some of the more gullible.

for the facts look no further than Chapter 33 Jon Clarke - Entrenched Lies

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.com/2016/07/chapter-33-jon-clarke-entrenched-lies.html
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Cammerigal and Silentscope like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.10.20 0:36

I think we have to face it folks we are not going to get justice for 
Madeleine they have too many people protecting them they are also
 devoid of a conscience,I see one person only that looks ashamed
of what’s happened and that is the lady who I am sure went there
as a baby minder,she looks like she wants to tell all but she doesn’t 
wants her daughter to get into a jam.All of them never intended to
leave the children alone but once Madeleine died and how she died
they spun their evil plan so madeleine could not be examined for
sexual abuse thats my opinion and I think that’s what happened.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.10.20 1:13

Blackpied wrote:I think we have to face it folks we are not going to get justice for 
Madeleine they have too many people protecting them they are also
 devoid of a conscience,I see one person only that looks ashamed
of what’s happened and that is the lady who I am sure went there
as a baby minder,she looks like she wants to tell all but she doesn’t 
wants her daughter to get into a jam.All of them never intended to
leave the children alone but once Madeleine died and how she died
they spun their evil plan so madeleine could not be examined for
sexual abuse thats my opinion and I think that’s what happened.
I'm very much inclined to agree with you Blackpied.

I too don't believe Madeleine McCann will ever get the true justice she so richly deserves.  Of course the stigma will never go away, decent folk like here on CMOMM won't allow that to happen but as regards a satisfactory conclusion, bringing the prime suspects before a court of law to stand trial will sadly never happen.

I've always maintained, from the very beginning, team McCann made damn sure the case would never be brought before a court of law.  They sold their story to the world, how would it possible for a fair trial when the case had already been pre-judged.  That was the true 'wider agenda', the 'long term campaign' so glibly pronounced.

Never put team McCann down as super intelligent for they are not - more dastardly cunning in my view.

It's also been my prevailing view that the primary evidence, the body, was removed and disposed of without possible trace because of likely repercussions if, as you say, found and examined.

I'm following the trail of evidence planted by the McCanns themselves on the night of 3rd/4th May 2007 .... abduction by paedophile. 

There has to be a reason why they planted the idea in the minds of the world before the police were called to the scene.  There is no such thing as the perfect crime - do as you like, you can never guarantee that damning evidence won't rear it's ugly head sometime in the future. So the plot was hatched.

There lies the clue ....

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Cammerigal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.10.20 1:33

As long as people are honest and speak the truth, that's enough in my book.

Criminal cases are never perfect, and sometimes they don't end the way we wanted, particularly this one (given the high level cover-up).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.10.20 1:59

Invariably the simplest answer is the way forward. 

Looking for complicated theory with little or no evidence, or just pure speculation, is akin to building castles on shifting sands.

There is, and always will be, a tendency for conspiracy theorizing, it's good thought fodder and opens the field to alternative thinking but it has to be kept in it's place, in proportion.

Always back to basics, look at the evidence and see where it leads.  Don't try to build a massive construction without a solid foundation.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.10.20 16:28

The parallels are manifold..

Madeleine detectives to DNA test paedophile suspect Raymond Hewlett

By Sam Greenhill for the Daily Mail and Daily Mail Reporter
Created: 17:53, 24 May 2009

Detectives hunting the whereabouts of Madeleine McCann will use DNA testing to determine whether paedophile Raymond Hewlett was involved in the little girl's disappearance.

Officers involved in the case are flying to Germany today, in an effort to question Hewlett, 64, who is recovering from throat surgery in hospital in Aachen.

A spokesman for Aachen police confirmed the public prosecutor will decide whether to give Hewlett the test in the next few days.

The convicted child rapist was living near the Algarve resort  at the time when Madeleine disappeared while on holiday with her parents in May 2007.

Police will use the results of the test to determine whether they match samples taken from the McCann's holiday apartment, which so far have not been linked to anyone.

The family's spokesman Clarence Mitchell said he hoped Hewlett would comply with the tests.

'Mr Hewlett has denied any involvement in Madeleine's abduction,' he said.

'Our investigators hope he will co-operate by giving them whatever information is needed so they can eliminate him from the investigation.'

News of the DNA test comes as the wife of Hewlett declared him ' innocent' after it emerged that he was well acquainted with the resort where the McCanns were staying.

Marianna Schmuker said her husband had nothing to do with the little girl's disappearance, despite reports he was seen outside the apartment in Praia da Luz 'many times'.

His family live in an apartment in the city.

Yesterday a man who knew Hewlett came forward to reveal he had talked non-stop about the Madeleine case in the weeks after she vanished in May 2007.

Hewlett boasted of knowing Praia da Luz 'very well' and being familiar with the Ocean Club complex where Kate and Gerry McCann were staying with their children and friends.

Hewlett was living in the Algarve at the time, but packed up and left for Morocco shortly afterwards, according to Peter Verran, who shared a Morocco campsite with Hewlett and his family for three months.

Mr Verran, 46, a former Scots Guardsman who runs an antiques business from his home in Fowey, Cornwall, said: 'We got talking at the toilet block.

'He brought Madeleine up straight away. He said his three-year-old daughter looked like her.

'He was worried that because there had been reports that Madeleine may have been spirited away to Morocco, people might think his child was her.

'Then he suddenly said: "Madeleine's not in Morocco". I asked him what he meant and he said he knew Praia da Luz really well.

'He knew the Ocean Club complex where the McCanns had been staying. He said he'd been there many times and often parked his van close to the apartment.

'He said he knew the layout of the place, the flat and the restaurant where the McCanns and their friends had been eating.'

Mr Verran claimed Hewlett had made wild and unfounded claims about the McCanns - both doctors, from Rothley, Leicestershire, adding: 'He said it was common knowledge among locals that Praia da Luz in general and the Ocean Club in particular was a magnet for Romanian gipsies who abduct and then traffic children.

'I asked him why he'd left and come to Morocco. He told me he'd had to leave Portugal in a hurry.

'He said he'd packed his family up in half an hour and just driven out of the area. That was just after Maddie was taken.'

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Articl15   Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Articl16
Investigation: Convicted paedophile Raymond Hewlett (left) and a sketch of a man allegedly seen close to the resort when Madeleine was abducted (right)

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Articl13
Unfounded: Hewlett was said to have made 'unfounded' claims about Kate and Gerry McCann who are still searching for their missing daughter

A sketch drawn by a police artist of Madeleine's possible abductor, depicting a straggly-haired man, bears some similarities to pictures of Hewlett, who is wanted for questioning by West Yorkshire police in relation to an alleged sex attack on an eight-year-old in 1975.

Although he is 'a person of interest' to the McCanns' investigation, their spokesman has stressed he is only one lead among many.

Hewlett has strenuously denied having anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance.

Speaking from his hospital bed last week he insisted: 'I've done nothing wrong - nothing, nothing.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1187064/Madeleine-detectives-DNA-test-paedophile-suspect-Raymond-Hewlett.html

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.10.20 16:38

Verdi wrote:
Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Articl13
Unfounded: Hewlett was said to have made 'unfounded' claims about Kate and Gerry McCann who are still searching for their missing daughter
Very interesting choice of photograph.

Propaganda at its finest.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 08.10.20 16:55

Looking quickly, I first thought is said .... Dumbfounded - reference to the image.

More apt I would suggest big grin .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 27.10.20 0:43

Lottery winner and jailbird Lee Ryan to make bizarre documentary about Madeleine McCann

LOTTO jailbird Lee Ryan is helping to make a bizarre TV documentary about missing Madeleine McCann.

Byohla

00:05, 19 APR 2015Updated13:58, 7 SEP 2019

Nicknamed the Lotto Lag, he was one of the first big winners in 1995 – pocketing a £6.5million jackpot weeks before he was sentenced to 18 months in prison for stealing cars.

Lee, 54, who dubbed his win “a curse” and has blown the lot, yesterday told how he has become obsessed with the Maddie mystery.

While down on his luck he studied the disappearance of the girl from his home county, Leicestershire.

He said: “I started looking into it, it’s a fascinating case and I read everything about it. I even read the Portuguese police files and started thinking about all the theories.

“I’m keeping an open mind.” Divorced dad Lee, who now lives in a tiny flat in south London, has teamed up with journalist and broadcaster Sonia Poulton, inset, who is making a 90-minute film, The Untold Story Of Madeleine McCann.

Maddie was days away from her fourth birthday when she vanished from her family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in May 2007.

Her parents, heart doctor Gerry, 46, and former GP Kate, 47, from Rothley, Leics, believe she could still be alive.

Lee insisted: “I am not proactive against the McCanns, I am just on a quest for the truth. It is a global story.”

Sonia, a regular guest on ITV’s This Morning show, said: “We are making an evidence-based documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine.

It will be shown soon on mainstream TV and will first appear in America. I’ve had trolls online trying to sabotage and smear me over this but we will not be silenced.”

Lee, she said, does “ad hoc filming whenever needed”.

When the former used car trader won the lottery 20 years ago, he was awaiting trial for handling stolen cars. He later served nine months of his sentence.

He spent a decade living the high life, blowing his cash on a fleet of super-cars and bikes, a helicopter and a country mansion.

Then he moved to Kyrgyzstan in central Asia with his second wife but returned with nothing in 2010, leaving behind a series of misfortunes and failed business ventures.

After spending two years sleeping rough in London he picked himself up again.

And he vowed: “I’m doing OK now – and one day I’ll be wealthy again.”

McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said he had not been informed about the new Maddie TV documentary Lee Ryan was working on.

He said: “I am aware of Sonia Poulton and all her conspiracy theories. These film makers always claim they have a commission.

“But we are not going to fuel whatever they are doing in any shape or form by making a comment.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/madeleine-mccann-conspiracy-lee-ryan-17339137

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.10.20 0:55

Clarrie still thinks he has some kudos even after the lies he spun
for the Mac’s ,after the two election whuppings you’d think he’d quietly
go and stop embarrassing himself,nobody gives a toss what he says
anymore,please Clarrie go away and stop ridiculing yourself,you’re
a has been.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 30.10.20 0:34

Blackpied wrote:Clarrie still thinks he has some kudos even after the lies he spun
for the Mac’s ,after the two election whuppings you’d think he’d quietly
go and stop embarrassing himself,nobody gives a toss what he says
anymore,please Clarrie go away and stop ridiculing yourself,you’re
a has been.

Be fair - he thinks he's a big shot.  

Delusions of grandeur springs to mind - another one making a career on the back of a tragedy.  If he was genuine, he would shut-up and disappear off the scene - odious creature.

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Itch10
It was this big!   Honest - would I lie to you?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 01.11.20 0:31

What the shaming of Kate McCann says about us all

Claire Cohen
Women's Editor
5 June 2020

Media Mayhem - MCCANN MEDIA NONSENSE OF THE DAY - Page 39 Telemm28
Kate McCann has been blamed for 13 years, writes Claire Cohen Credit: Andrew Crowley

Over the past eleven weeks, most of us have been kept apart from those we love. Parents have missed their grown-up children, grandparents haven’t seen grandkids, siblings have been separated. It has been a cruel taster of what life would be like without their physical presence in it. Hard. No Zoom call can replace a hug or kiss, or even seeing their face properly - since March, I’ve mostly had conversations with my mum’s forehead and dad’s left nostril. But we know they are there, eagerly awaiting the moment we can embrace once more and hopefully pick up family life where it left off.

Kate and Gerry McCann’s only hope is that their daughter might still be alive. They have been apart from Madeleine for 13 years. They don’t know where she is, or what happened on the night she was taken from their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007.

For 13 years they have also been blamed. As news broke this week that the police have identified a new prime suspect - a 43-year-old German man, already in prison for child sex offences - in the three-year-old’s disappearance, I was shocked at the number of people still pointing their fingers at her parents. Specifically her mother. The social media echo chamber resonated with thousands of tweets reading ‘I didn’t know Kate McCann was German’ and GIFs of people wiping sweat from their foreheads, “The McCanns right now - phew”.

Is this supposed to be funny? At what point does the pain of parents who have had their infant daughter abducted become a joke? It made my blood boil because it shows so clearly our cruel habit of turning women from victims into villains.

Almost from the moment Madeleine was taken, Kate McCann was treated this way. Never mind that the Portuguese police ruled her, and her husband, out as suspects. The public appetite for blame wouldn’t be held back by something as trifling as that.

We like women to fit one of two stereotypes in these situations - the martyr or the monster; the madonna or whore. What began as “that poor woman’ swiftly became “she’s hiding something” - because the latter trope is so much more thrilling, right?

Over the past eleven weeks, most of us have been kept apart from those we love. Parents have missed their grown-up children, grandparents haven’t seen grandkids, siblings have been separated. It has been a cruel taster of what life would be like without their physical presence in it. Hard. No Zoom call can replace a hug or kiss, or even seeing their face properly - since March, I’ve mostly had conversations with my mum’s forehead and dad’s left nostril. But we know they are there, eagerly awaiting the moment we can embrace once more and hopefully pick up family life where it left off.

Kate and Gerry McCann’s only hope is that their daughter might still be alive. They have been apart from Madeleine for 13 years. They don’t know where she is, or what happened on the night she was taken from their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007.

For 13 years they have also been blamed. As news broke this week that the police have identified a new prime suspect - a 43-year-old German man, already in prison for child sex offences - in the three-year-old’s disappearance, I was shocked at the number of people still pointing their fingers at her parents. Specifically her mother. The social media echo chamber resonated with thousands of tweets reading ‘I didn’t know Kate McCann was German’ and GIFs of people wiping sweat from their foreheads, “The McCanns right now - phew”.

Is this supposed to be funny? At what point does the pain of parents who have had their infant daughter abducted become a joke? It made my blood boil because it shows so clearly our cruel habit of turning women from victims into villains.

Almost from the moment Madeleine was taken, Kate McCann was treated this way. Never mind that the Portuguese police ruled her, and her husband, out as suspects. The public appetite for blame wouldn’t be held back by something as trifling as that.

We like women to fit one of two stereotypes in these situations - the martyr or the monster; the madonna or whore. What began as “that poor woman’ swiftly became “she’s hiding something” - because the latter trope is so much more thrilling, right?

So Kate McCann was accused of not crying enough, of not showing the proper amount of emotion. She was criticised for not appearing devastated, daring to wash her hair and wear make-up during television appeals for her daughter’s return. When she was spotted exercising, it only fanned the flames. How could a woman whose child has gone missing dare to think about keeping fit? We didn’t understand then, as we do now, the mental health benefits of running. But even if we had, I have a feeling the McCann conspiracy theorists wouldn’t have cared.

And the rest of us? There are still plenty of people who dole out blame and shame, and have done so for more than a decade. What sort of mother leaves her children unsupervised to go to a bar? No loving mum would do such a thing...

As if the McCanns don’t feel guilty enough already. As if they don’t berate themselves for that decision day in, day out. As if many of us haven’t made similar decisions, assessing the risk and doing what we think reasonable at the time. The only difference being that the McCanns paid a heavy price for it.

This pattern of blaming women has been repeated in a number of high profile cases in the past decade or so. By coincidence, Joanne Lees was back in the news this week, as a new Channel 4 documentary examines the disappearance of her boyfriend, British backpacker Peter Falconio, in the Australian Outback in July 2001. Lees told police that they had been flagged down by a truck driver on a remote stretch of road; he shot Falconio, whose body has never been found, while she escaped.

Bradley Murdoch is in prison for the murder, but almost 20 years on Lees is labelled as guilty in the court of public opinion. At the time, she was accused of being - guess what? - “cold” and “emotionless” in press conferences. Surely not the behaviour of someone who’s just witnessed their boyfriend’s killing? God forbid she, as with Kate McCann, might have been in shock, traumatised, in denial or simply resilient and not prone to tears.

Why must a woman appear broken - a distraught, inconsolable heroine - to be believed? That was also what made Amanda Knox problematic in 2007 when, shortly after the murder of her flatmate Mereditch Kercher in Perugia, Italy - she was seen doing cartwheels and kissing her boyfriend. I have always believed that Knox’s only crime was being a naive, idiotic teenager who didn’t appreciate how her behaviour would look to a world desperate to apportion blame.

Not to mention the madonna/whore fixation - how much more titillating to buy into the ‘sex game gone wrong’ story featuring Knox, than believe a scarier truth: that any one of us could have our lives altered in a moments by a total stranger.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/shaming-kate-mccann-says-us/

There is only one thing I can say in support of this nauseating twaddle - social media! Considering all the genuine people out there trying to fathom the truth about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, those that twitter on and on and on and on do nothing to help.  I can only agree that some of the things said about the McCanns the case and associated matters are nothing short of disgusting.

By all means be critical after examining the case in detail but to resort to personal insults and unfounded speculation is an utter disgrace - it's embarrassing.  Even decent folk are tarred with the same 'troll' brush.
Claire Cohen wrote:
any one of us could have our lives altered in a moments by a total stranger.

Quite so but that ain't what happened here - is it?  You put a lot of soul into your article Ms Cohen but it's woefully lacking the all essential ingredient - fact.  You quite surprise me after all these years, still believing the McCann version of events despite all the evidence out there in the public domain.  I'm not talking social media or garden fence gossip but real evidence and intelligence garnered by the Portuguese police during their initial investigation, in spite of outside interference and of course everything else that's come to light over the past 13+ years.

Dear Ms Cohen, before embarking on another fantastical story, read here ..

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/

If you don't then get a glimmer of light, I can only suggest you are living in the dark.  Flick the switch for enlightenment, for your own good if nothing else.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

sparkyhorrox likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.11.20 0:20

Are these people deluded,are they telling outright lies(without a doubt)
are they friends of the instigators of this horrible crime or are they getting their pockets lined or are they so stupid they can’t see the overwhelming evidence against the McCanns.It could be all of the above,they don’t want to believe the evidence we can all see.
Disgusting people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 02.11.20 0:33

I must say, the Telegraph surprises me. This genre of sentimental carp is usually dominated by the tabloid press who would sell their souls to the devil for want of a farthing.

There seems to be an undercurrent of McCann support in the tabloid world. A group of like minded hacks, quite a number I might say, are hell bent on singing the McCann gospel with no due consideration for anything factual or evidential that might contradict that first testament gospel.

In short they care nothing for truth and accuracy. A crime in itself .... surely?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.11.20 16:40

Verdi the tabloids are not on the McCanns side out of the goodness of
their hearts they disbelieve the McCanns as much as most of the
public,they are terrified of the consequences if they write what they
know is the truth and trust me they know the truth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 03.11.20 12:05

That might well be true to a certain extent but when you look at some of their staunch tabloid supporters, you can't deny they've stepped well and truly over the line of duty.

Tracey Kandohla - Antonella Lazzeri - Tom Towers - Jon Clarke - old uncle tom cobblers 'n all, to name but a few. Relentlessly flying the flag of innocence in the face of fact and evidence. They could spin a web from a few strands of nothing.

Hang on - they have spin .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.11.20 23:44

Yes Verdi but that motley crew know the truth they just won’t say 
anything to upset the Mac’s.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.11.20 0:10

Blackpied wrote:Yes Verdi but that motley crew know the truth they just won’t say 
anything to upset the Mac’s.
Can't disagree with that winkwink .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top