The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Debbie Butler is posting up personal details on MM - Page 8 Mm11

Debbie Butler is posting up personal details on MM - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Debbie Butler is posting up personal details on MM - Page 8 Mm11

Debbie Butler is posting up personal details on MM - Page 8 Regist10

Debbie Butler is posting up personal details on MM

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Debbie Butler is posting up personal details on MM - Page 8 Empty badmanners' memory corrcet

Post by Tony Bennett 07.12.09 23:38

badmanners wrote:Well that's odd. I could have sworn I saw you post in the past that she signed more at the Kirwans meeting.
Your memory is correct. I'm responding to both of your posts by the way.

When originally asked about them, I thought that, as per usual, Debbie had signed a few in advance at the meeting with the lawyers in Liverpool.

Only a few days later did I recollect that I'd actually sent them to her for her to sign them.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Debbie Butler is posting up personal details on MM - Page 8 Empty Re: Debbie Butler is posting up personal details on MM

Post by preciousramotswe 07.12.09 23:38

Kirwans wrote to me on 7 October, enclosing an Interim Bill for £575, including £75 VAT,

This is making no sense at all - you had already paid them £500 at the meeting, and yet they billed you again, and added VAT?
preciousramotswe

Activity : 259

Back to top Go down

Debbie Butler is posting up personal details on MM - Page 8 Empty Re: Debbie Butler is posting up personal details on MM

Post by preciousramotswe 07.12.09 23:39

Tony Bennett wrote:
badmanners wrote:Well that's odd. I could have sworn I saw you post in the past that she signed more at the Kirwans meeting.
Your memory is correct. I'm responding to both of your posts by the way.

When originally asked about them, I thought that, as per usual, Debbie had signed a few in advance at the meeting with the lawyers in Liverpool.

Only a few days later did I recollect that I'd actually sent them to her for her to sign them.

Hmmm........
preciousramotswe

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 07.12.09 23:42

badmanners wrote:Kirwans wrote to me on 7 October, enclosing an Interim Bill for £575, including £75 VAT.

This is making no sense at all - you had already paid them £500 at the meeting, and yet they billed you again, and added VAT?
Yes, as per the 'Interim Bill', they wanted a further £75.00. See my letter to Kirwans.

Clearly when we paid our £500, we expected that was it and that they would work out the VAT element within that sum of £500.

Anyone going to ask any questions yet about the £500,000 [FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND] paid by the McCanns and Brian Kennedy to Kevin Halligen?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe 07.12.09 23:44

No I'm not. I don't think that has anything to do with the MF and whether or not you are being vilified by Debbie Butler.

I think you can see why everyone was more than a little confused about those cheques, no?
preciousramotswe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.09 23:48

"Kirwans were able to tell Debbie yesterday that there were not seeking more from us because of my letter of 20 October."

They never replied to your letter, did they?

David Kirwan wrote "As I have said on one occasion before at your request there are no outstanding fees due to the Foundation".

Mrs Butler told about that weeks ago.

ETA VAT? Why? You voluntarily paid them £500.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by flytrap 07.12.09 23:48

4/10/09
"Practical steps to set up a legal defence fund or similar were discussed at yesterday's meeting and already we have some donations towards that. Any donations sent to us and stated to be for legal defence will be placed in that fund when it is set up. As proposed, neither Debbie nor I will be involved in the running of this fund. Donations in the form of cheques or even stamps can be sent to:
The Madeleine Foundation c/o Mr A Bennett..." ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Im confused as you thought the bill had been settled in full as you didnt get the next bill for the £75 till the 7/10.....Yet in the above post you are asking for donations for your legal defense when you had already agreed to CR's demands...so why the need for a defense fund then?
flytrap

Activity : 82

Back to top Go down

Debbie Butler is posting up personal details on MM - Page 8 Empty Receipts not yet provided

Post by Tony Bennett 07.12.09 23:49

badmanners wrote:No I'm not. I don't think that has anything to do with the MF and whether or not you are being vilified by Debbie Butler.

I think you can see why everyone was more than a little confused about those cheques, no?
It's established beyond doubt now that I posted four blank cheques to her on 7 October along with the £350.00 she requested and a further £150.00 towards her postage expenses, making £400.00 in all, for which receipts have not yet been provided by Debbie.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 07.12.09 23:50

flytrap wrote:4/10/09
"Practical steps to set up a legal defence fund or similar were discussed at yesterday's meeting and already we have some donations towards that. Any donations sent to us and stated to be for legal defence will be placed in that fund when it is set up. As proposed, neither Debbie nor I will be involved in the running of this fund. Donations in the form of cheques or even stamps can be sent to:
The Madeleine Foundation c/o Mr A Bennett..." ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Im confused as you thought the bill had been settled in full as you didnt get the next bill for the £75 till the 7/10.....Yet in the above post you are asking for donations for your legal defense when you had already agreed to CR's demands...so why the need for a defense fund then?
Because it was known at that time that there would be a further bill from Carter-Ruck. We didn't know how much though.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by flytrap 07.12.09 23:52

Tony Bennett wrote:
badmanners wrote:No I'm not. I don't think that has anything to do with the MF and whether or not you are being vilified by Debbie Butler.

It's established beyond doubt now that I posted four blank cheques to her on 7 October along with the £350.00 she requested and a further £150.00 towards her postage expenses, making £400.00 in all, for which receipts have not yet been provided by Debbie.
Are you sure about that?
flytrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 07.12.09 23:54

flytrap wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Are you sure about that?
Of course, 100%.

I have written to Debbie asking for the receipts (some time ago), but she has not supplied them to us.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by flytrap 07.12.09 23:56

No I mean your maths big grin
flytrap

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe 07.12.09 23:56

Well clearly that little sum doesn't add up.

I'm not sure about the 'beyond doubt' thing either, because there are so many conflciting stories around it's impossible to make any sense of them - and some of the conflciting stories are being given by single individuals, which is even more confusing.
preciousramotswe

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryB 07.12.09 23:58

I think Tony means £350 plus £150 which is £500. It is late.
MaryB
MaryB

Activity : 246

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.12.09 23:59

Tony Bennett wrote:
"Practical steps to set up a legal defence fund or similar were discussed yesterday's meeting and already we have some donations towards that. Any donations sent to us and stated to be for legal defence will be placed in that fund when it is set up. As proposed, neither Debbie nor I will be involved in the running of this fund. Donations in the form of cheques or even stamps can be sent to:

Because it was known that time that there would be a further bill from Carter-Ruck. We didn't know how much though.

Now I'm confused, how much did you pay Carter Ruck, in total?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.12.09 0:05

Tony Bennett wrote:

Because it was known at that time that there would be a further bill from Carter-Ruck. We didn't know how much though.

Why a bill from Carter-Ruck? You capitulated. Err anyway you did sent them that fax.
ETA Clarity, I'm confused too. A further bill? Did they sent a bill? When? Why?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by preciousramotswe 08.12.09 0:20

I think he means the 400 quid he got stung for the court action.
When he says 'further bill' he means 'further legal bill' rather than more from CR.

I think. But tbh it's very hard to tell.

I still find it incredible that the four unsigned cheques which such a huge hoo-has was made about right at the start of this mess now turn out to be the same cheques that TB claimed DB had signed at Kirwans.
No wonder no-one knows what the hell is going on and that the cops are investigating.

They're welcome to it!
preciousramotswe

Back to top Go down

Post by SofaPeace 08.12.09 0:43

Tony Bennett wrote:
SofaPeace wrote:Mr. Bennett, did you always know that Debbie Butler was mentally ill or did this weakness manifest after your relationship was irretrievably broken down, you both having tried?

May I just say I can't find words to express my admiration for you and I understand your feelings about metric.
Ah! Yet another newcomer.

I wonder why.

Someone I have little doubt who supports the abduction theory without question.

Just for the record, and once again, I have never suggested that Debbie Butler is mentally ill, although Ambersuz over on the 'Missing Madeleine' forum did refer to her possibly having a nervous breakdown.

Debbie was committed to the cause of The Madeleine Foundation until 2 October, and did well up against Clarence Mitchell at Oxford and also on Esat Midlands TV in August.

Sir, I resent your implication. I can understand why you would be feeling fraught, or even paranoid, given the immense strain that you are under as a consequence of being relentlessly attacked from all quarters, from powerful lawyers to vicious, common people. I am very sorry at your response, very sorry indeed.
SofaPeace

Activity : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by flytrap 10.12.09 22:17

Tony, can you confirm why you needed further funds? was it as mentioned by a previous poster said for court fees?

If so why didnt the committee of the Madeleine Foundation agree to pay that as well?
flytrap

Back to top Go down

Debbie Butler is posting up personal details on MM - Page 8 Empty Tony's £400 payment to Carter-Ruck and the McCanns' payment of £500,000 to Kevin Halligen - two subjects of interest

Post by Tony Bennett 10.12.09 22:35

flytrap wrote:Tony, can you confirm why you needed further funds? Was it as mentioned by a previous poster said for court fees?

If so why didn't the committee of the Madeleine Foundation agree to pay that as well?
I think you'll find this is all about a response I made to one poster on the 'Missing Madeleine' Forum who wanted to donate towards further possible legal or court costs and asked for information on how to do so. I gave a simple answer. Which has been much - and deliberately - misinterpreted.

In answer to your second question, the issue of my costs for settling with Carter-Ruck is a different one. In the case of the legal advice received from Kirwans on 2 October, this was manifestly to the benefit not just of me and Debbie Butler but also to The Madeleine Foundation and its members as a whole, which is why the Committee on 3 October did not seek repayment of the £500 from me and Ms Butler.

I have neither asked the Committee for help in paying the £400.00 I've paid to Carter-Ruck, nor have they offered it. However, four people to date have helped me by donating £270 to offset that, so I'm only £130.00 down.

That plus other expenses I've paid for on behalf of The Madeleine Foundation for which I've not been reimbursed means I've made a net loss out of my interest in what really happened to Madeleine McCann. And I've not made a penny from sales of the book I wrote either, contrary to the many on various forums who apparently can't conceive of somebody doing something for nothing.

Now, time perhaps for questions about why hard-drinking con-man Kevin Halligan was paid £500,000 by the McCanns for, er, doing nothing.

Or doesn't that interest you so much?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by flytrap 10.12.09 22:45

No, I haven't quite finished on this subject yet. It's certainly not been made very clear by your posts.

Do you not want to clear up any confusion? I would have thought it would be in your best interests with all the accusations flying around.

Resolve it and then move on.
flytrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.12.09 22:48

flytrap wrote:No, I haven't quite finished on this subject yet. It's certainly not been made very clear by your posts.

Do you not want to clear up any confusion? I would have thought it would be in your best interests with all the accusations flying around.

Resolve it and then move on.

Very good point Flytrap. I hope Tony Bennett takes this opportunity to clarify details so that there is no possibility of misinterpretation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by flytrap 10.12.09 22:51

I think you'll find this is all about a response I made to one poster on the 'Missing Madeleine' Forum who wanted to donate towards further possible legal or court costs and asked for information on how to do so. I gave a simple answer. Which has been much - and deliberately - misinterpreted.

Maybe Im confused but that post you are referring to was made AFTER you settled your bill with Kirwans. So why would you then ask for stamps etc for a fund when you knew there would be no further costs?
flytrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.12.09 23:04

flytrap wrote:

Maybe Im confused but that post you are referring to was made AFTER you settled your bill with Kirwans. So why would you then ask for stamps etc for a fund when you knew there would be no further costs?
Post for me here the ORIGINAL QUESTION I was asked on the 'MM' Forum and my ORIGINAL ANSWER and then I will respond.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.12.09 23:47

Guardian_angel :I am glad your meeting went well.

I would gladly send you 10.00 to help pay for your lawyers cost if I knew where to send it.

Tony Bennett : REPLY: Practical steps to set up a legal defence fund or similar were discussed at yesterday's meeting and already we have some donations towards that. Any donations sent to us and stated to be for legal defence will be placed in that fund when it is set up. As proposed, neither Debbie nor I will be involved in the running of this fund.

Donations in the form of cheques or even stamps can be sent to:

The Madeleine Foundation
c/o Mr A Bennett
66 Chippingfield
HARLOW
Essex
CM17 0DJ

Posted MM forum Sunday 04.10.2009 at 08:08

http://tinyurl.com/yhcjrvn
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next