The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 Mm11

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 Mm11

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 Regist10

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 Empty Re: Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial

Post by Naz_Nomad 28.04.15 18:33

If I was Mr Amaral I would send the McCanns this message:-

"Colá-la no seu cu..."

Activity : 156

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial  - Page 3 Empty Re: Goncalo Has Lost the Libel trial

Post by Knitted 28.04.15 18:37

...so does this mean that now anyone that repeats the facts, (as Goncalo did), and supports the logical conclusions based upon those facts, (as Goncalo did), is now likely to be pursued by the McCann's legal team to either shut up and/or pay up?  What a dark day for (real) justice.

Oh to be an unscrupulous lawyer now be inspired to go knocking on the McCann's door with a mutually rewarding 'No win, no fee' proposal to be contracted to go off on the hunt for revenues.

On top of the personal injustice to Goncalo, this decision is priceless to the McCanns because yet (again) what the uninformed, MSM consuming, masses will remember about the case is so frustrating. The uninformed won't be exposed to the facts, won't be encouraged to think for themselves and will simply now have their prejudices further reinforced that the PJ were wrong and 'that detective bloke' was wrong.

As Malcom X said "The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."

Activity : 259

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 28.04.15 18:38

The Mc Canns asked for a certain amount in damages - I wonder what proportion of that amount they have been awarded?
Is it 25% or 50%?.
They have not been awarded the full amount that they requested. It seems they have been awarded a token amount.
The Mc Canns were always going to spin the result - no matter what.. lets wait and see .. it does not necessarily mean whitewash..
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 28.04.15 18:38

Confusion as ever.

If you put the whole article into google translate it says:

‘Maddie case. Gonçalo Amaral says he has been notified of the decision of the court’

yet:

diz não ter sido notificado = says it was not notified.

Amaral’s lawyer certainly says he has not been made aware, which if correct is just shocking.
Doug D

Activity : 5283

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 28.04.15 18:38

I am absolutely shocked. Somewhere I always feared a bit the financial side since the trial was about "human rights" and we all know how distorted those trials are.

But bookbanning?? Really Portugal?? Back to the dark ages?? 

I have his book, can anyone tell me where to get the DVD? Than I will personally take care that from now on the content of the book and DVD are available on the internet.
 This devious duo has always been able to submit their critics in silence. We have to make sure that the truth will not be buried. We have to make sure everyone will at every time have access to what really happened.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 28.04.15 18:46

Snr Amaral was not the only defendant in this case - what is the outcome with regard to the others ?  Are the damages to be shared between them ?
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 28.04.15 18:48

sami wrote:Snr Amaral was not the only defendant in this case - what is the outcome with regard to the others ?  Are the damages to be shared between them ?

I wondered about that too, sami.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 28.04.15 18:50

Is there no voice in Portugal that protests against a book being banned?

The monstrosity of that!

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 28.04.15 18:53

How could a court place a second ban on a book when the original ban was overturned by a higher court?

Anyway, Goncalo Amaral may have left the court with his pockets empty but he also left with his head held high retaining his dignity and his credibility and the support  of millions of friends and well wishers worldwide.  He will recover from this, he may even continue and take this further.  If not, its over for him and he can move on.

As for his opponents, they are left with a small fortune that wont last long, a few dodgy friends in high places, lost credibility and always under suspicion. They have to go through the rest of their lives knowing that millions are sceptical of their claims that Madeleine was abducted.  Then they have the campaign for justice to deal with, not to mention the possibility of the truth coming out one day or even the twins, when they are old enough, starting their own campaign to find out what really happened.  This is never going to go away for the McCanns.

Goncalo Amaral has the important things in life, things that money cannot buy, the McCanns have lost all of that.

We now need to wait and see what Amaral is going to do, then lend him all the support that we possibly can.  IMO, he is always a winner.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11159

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 28.04.15 18:58

lj wrote:I have his book, can anyone tell me where to get the DVD? Than I will personally take care that from now on the content of the book and DVD are available on the internet.
You could always download the video from youtube.

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 28.04.15 19:02

sharonl wrote:How could a court place a second ban on a book when the original ban was overturned by a higher court?
Exactly, how can a judge in a damages case overturn a high court ruling? Doesn't sound right to me.

As for empty pockets, no money goes to them until the appeal is over, if he decides to go that route. 

He earned more from the book than they won didn't he?

sonic72
sonic72

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by puzzled 28.04.15 19:03

This is unbelievable!

I'm gobsmacked - just gobsmacked!

Activity : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 28.04.15 19:03

sonic72 wrote:
lj wrote:I have his book, can anyone tell me where to get the DVD? Than I will personally take care that from now on the content of the book and DVD are available on the internet.
You could always download the video from youtube.
Thanks I will before it disappears, that is the TV documentary?

Do you have a link by any chance? I know I'm shameless, but I am shaking behind my computer, that's how mad I am!

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.04.15 19:09

sharonl wrote:How could a court place a second ban on a book when the original ban was overturned by a higher court?

No idea.  Will have to wait till Judgement Summary is published.

It would appear verdict documents must have been leaked to Press, and lawyers learned of this through the news reports.   It's ludicrous and outrageous!

Team Amaral's legal team should file a complaint to the Court about the leak to the Press ahead of lawyers, which is in principle is totally wrong.

Look what happened at the last appeal.  With luck history might repeat itself.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 28.04.15 19:12

Hopefully , the fact that the Bali drug smugglers have now been shot [ sorry I have no sympathy ] the Earthquake , and Kate about to drop may keep this story from Dominating tomorrows papers .

Oh and Keith Harris who lives half a mile from me RIP .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Boosey 28.04.15 19:13

I have just read this very disappointing news, words cannot describe how I feel about that loathsome couple but as the old saying goes - it's a long road with no turning.  They have trod on everyone that has dared to speak up for the truth but one day their world will crash around them and it may be sooner than we think.
Boosey

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 28.04.15 19:15

sonic72 wrote:
Exactly, how can a judge in a damages case overturn a high court ruling? Doesn't sound right to me.

As for empty pockets, no money goes to them until the appeal is over, if he decides to go that route. 

He earned more from the book than they won didn't he?

I don't think they have overturned the court ruling, the book itself isn't banned, but they have banned the publishing of any more copies? In other words the court doesn't want to make the situation any worse than it already is?

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.04.15 19:17

stillsloppingout wrote:Hopefully , the fact that the Bali drug smugglers have now been shot [ sorry I have no sympathy ] the Earthquake , and Kate about to drop may keep this story from Dominating tomorrows papers .

Kate Middleton's second baby due very imminently will put this news in the shadow.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 28.04.15 19:21

aiyoyo wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:Hopefully , the fact that the Bali drug smugglers have now been shot [ sorry I have no sympathy ] the Earthquake , and Kate about to drop may keep this story from Dominating tomorrows papers .

Kate Middleton's second baby due very imminently will put this news in the shadow.

From one Kate to another.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 28.04.15 19:35

This. by the way, is from the Guardian ...... MM's parent win libel damages in trial of police chief 

' ....... In a statement issued by their family spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, they said: “We are delighted with the judge’s verdict today. We want to emphasise the action was never about money. It was entirely focused on the effect of the libels on our other children and the damage that was done to the search for Madeleine.
“A lot has changed in the six years since we launched the action and we are pleased that there is still an active investigation in both Portugal and the UK. We would like to remind people that there is still an innocent little girl who is missing and that those responsible for her abduction remain at large.”

Once again, as in GM's statement from 2007,
 ....... 'we continue to hope for the best possible outcome from this for us ..... and for Madeleine' 
Madeleine comes second. Why just the effect of the libels on their other children, how about the effect of the libels on Madeleine, who is after all only missing?

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 28.04.15 19:35

I think the Mcs may have won something, but the news outlets are plucking the figure out of thin air, with each paper printing a different figure.

Portugal's Court has never in its history paid out such a hugh sum ever in civil cases.
  If the high figure reported is to be believed, then this unprecedented figure (awarded to foreigners) is record breaking indeed !
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit 28.04.15 19:40

Does this mean goncalo will have to pay his and their Court Costs?   That would surely cripple him financially.  Sad
inspirespirit
inspirespirit

Activity : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting for justice 28.04.15 19:43

Speechless and disgusted.
waiting for justice

Activity : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 28.04.15 19:46

aiyoyo wrote:I think the Mcs may have won something, but the news outlets are plucking the figure out of thin air, with each paper printing a different figure.

Portugal's Court has never in its history paid out such a hugh sum ever in civil cases.
  If the high figure reported is to be believed, then this unprecedented figure (awarded to foreigners) is record breaking indeed !

It might just be a percentage of the book and dvd profits?

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

Post by brixham 28.04.15 19:50

According to Sky the McCanns have been awarded 106,000 Euros, I'm not sure I would call that a victory.
brixham
brixham

Activity : 44

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top