The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New DCI - Page 21 Mm11

New DCI - Page 21 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New DCI - Page 21 Mm11

New DCI - Page 21 Regist10

New DCI

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New DCI - Page 21 Empty Re: New DCI

Post by j.rob 15.02.15 18:18

HelenMeg wrote:
mad world wrote:And i couldn't agree more xtc..you make the point better than i could..portugal relies on our investment hence what we say goes...ie the removal of amaral. You're not pesimistic.just realistic.
I can understand pessimism / realism on this case - we are 8 years on....
There was clearly political interference and IMO there are establishment figures connected to this case. There is huge UK business in the Algarve related to real estate / golf / tourism. I believe it is for this reason
that the investigation has been hampered, and it is focussed on who was there that week and their connections. 
Labour were involved in 2007. Initially GM was 'fxxxcked' - he said it himself. Then remember how their faces and attitude changed only a matter of weeks later - suddenly they knew they were protected. But only as an indirect consequence of the more important guests being protected. Once that protection has gone then they are lambs to the slaughter. DC was persuaded to have a review - he did so - finding a can of worms. All those establishment figures / political connections suddenly start worrying and fighting to save themselves. Wealth business men in the Algarve etc . What can DC do? He tries to close the case with the least impact - find a burglar or something... then realises after a few attempts it cannot work. That was AR's role, surely - see if we can make it  go away.  But they cant. The cannot make it go away so they HAVE to now close it with at least some truth being revealed and the lambs have to be slaughtered. It took them too long to realise that. l think DC would dearly have wanted a bit of whitewash - but it was not possible though they tried their hardest. DC is not stupid - this case will be closed within 6 months and at least some of the truth will be revealed - I'll eat my hat if thats not the case. Its just logical.

The one thing that gives me some hope is there seems to be more and more media coverage about exposure of paedophiles and paedophile rings.

Jim Gamble and his dodgy antics at Operation Ore obviously tie in with all this. As does Blair slapping a D-notice on it all.

I would imagine SY have a pretty clear idea about what happened and who is responsible. British intelligence were there very early on. Maybe even there prior to 3rd May. The guest list that week at OC was certainly interesting. 

There are many layers to all this that is for sure.
j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC 15.02.15 22:06

j.rob wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:
mad world wrote:And i couldn't agree more xtc..you make the point better than i could..portugal relies on our investment hence what we say goes...ie the removal of amaral. You're not pesimistic.just realistic.
I can understand pessimism / realism on this case - we are 8 years on....
There was clearly political interference and IMO there are establishment figures connected to this case. There is huge UK business in the Algarve related to real estate / golf / tourism. I believe it is for this reason
that the investigation has been hampered, and it is focussed on who was there that week and their connections. 
Labour were involved in 2007. Initially GM was 'fxxxcked' - he said it himself. Then remember how their faces and attitude changed only a matter of weeks later - suddenly they knew they were protected. But only as an indirect consequence of the more important guests being protected. Once that protection has gone then they are lambs to the slaughter. DC was persuaded to have a review - he did so - finding a can of worms. All those establishment figures / political connections suddenly start worrying and fighting to save themselves. Wealth business men in the Algarve etc . What can DC do? He tries to close the case with the least impact - find a burglar or something... then realises after a few attempts it cannot work. That was AR's role, surely - see if we can make it  go away.  But they cant. The cannot make it go away so they HAVE to now close it with at least some truth being revealed and the lambs have to be slaughtered. It took them too long to realise that. l think DC would dearly have wanted a bit of whitewash - but it was not possible though they tried their hardest. DC is not stupid - this case will be closed within 6 months and at least some of the truth will be revealed - I'll eat my hat if thats not the case. Its just logical.

The one thing that gives me some hope is there seems to be more and more media coverage about exposure of paedophiles and paedophile rings.

Jim Gamble and his dodgy antics at Operation Ore obviously tie in with all this. As does Blair slapping a D-notice on it all.

I would imagine SY have a pretty clear idea about what happened and who is responsible. British intelligence were there very early on. Maybe even there prior to 3rd May. The guest list that week at OC was certainly interesting. 

There are many layers to all this that is for sure.
All good points made.

The layers of assistance in this case from the off are too numerous to collate.

Ambassadors ( not Consuls) Prime Ministers of both nations becoming embroiled in PR - fast arriving and disappearing clergy. The middle class sympathising ( we've all been there - they are just like us ) media etc etc.

The list of the pompous and the pious is overwhelming and they are partly responsible for Madeleine not being found by now.

These players were either brought in or self invited for a reason. The reason is that if enough so called high up figures can be dragooned into your PR camp then publicly you are exonorated from guilt of any sort.

This as Blacksmith rightly rails against is the reason why no progress has been made in the search for Madeleine. As I've said before and will say again the search ended when Mr Amaral was humiliated by his cowardly superiors. Yes Rebelo carried on but maybe ( just maybe ) he had a remit similar to Operation Grange. I may be wrong but if what I think is true, it is truly scurrillous.

Reasons for the ' cover up '  swing ( sorry for the pun ) between Textusa's plausible swinging of the higher ups theory and their future exposure to the paedophile theories and so on. Yet I have always thought that as usual the answer to the mystery will be mundane and if and when we find the truth out we will all go: Aaah it was that simple!

What we have to remember throughout the last nearly eight years is that the accusers of Mr Amaral ( making money via a young girls demise )
is an accusation we could make about the media and all the agencies who have been involved from the start.

The BBC and ITV commission programmes these days and the Producers of these Doco - Dramas ( and that is all they are) make a lot of cash from making progarmmes full of speculation. Crimewatch may be one I'm not sure and My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding is another. All are produced I'm sure to inform and entertain.

The main thing is though is to sell it and DVD it. That's where the money is. Madeleine's missingness is no different than any other form of TV/Media product. That is the bottom line as the Yanks say.

That's the media and is what I would expect them to do. Fake passing concern is their forte. In fact if two children went missing in mysterious circumstances similar to Madeleine you would not see the search for Madeleine for dust anymore unless something darmatic happened. No apologies - no nothing. Next news business.

The police on the other hand are ( or should be ) a different matter. It is not their job to PR anything - just to gather evidence and present it to the CPS. As simple as that.

Yet we have had pronouncements galore on the investigation- the search for suspects ( not Madeleine ) and BHH failing to stick to the SY PR line. No wonder there is confusion.

It is not and never should be the job of the police to state what the feelings of those involved is at any current time. It is to gather evidence
in order to secure a conviction of the people or person who committed the said crime.

Over the years they too have fell for the PR game , pushed by the media without doubt to comment on the status of any ongoing investigation. Sometimes the media can be useful but don't let the tail  wag the dog.

I really could go on but for brevity's sake it is fairly starightforward for SY vis adding credible evidence to the files of the PJ.

If SY have evidence give it to the Portuguese - it is afterall their investigation. If you haven't and all you can say via the media or even Crimewatch is we are working on it leave it be. Or we will all be here until were 90.

DI Redwood has retired and I can't blame him.

Mr Amaral could win his damages case.

Gentleman Jim Gamble is looking for further funding.

Keir Simmons et al are still writing tripe.

What a game this has become.

As Queen said though: The show must go on.

Sad in all honesty.
XTC

Activity : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 16.02.15 21:33

The only thing that gives me some hope about this new DCI is the silence...no big digs or talk of arrests or anything... So i'm patiently waiting...as usual...

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 18.02.15 2:51

Ayniia wrote:The only thing that gives me some hope about this new DCI is the silence...no big digs or talk of arrests or anything... So i'm patiently waiting...as usual...

The complete radio silence from the new DCI can be interpreted in a couple of ways:  

It suggests that she is a lot more professional than the hapless Deadwood whose team leaked like a sieve from day 1.  Not a peep has come out since she took over.  So that's a good point. 

However, if her remit is to "close this down and direct attention away from T9", then silence is entirely appropriate.  She HAS to wait until the 'libel' trial is over before making any statements at all.  If she declares 'job done - it was an intruder' and then the verdict goes against the McCanns, it would make her look like a complete fool.   No way she will allow that to happen.   No, she has to wait for the verdict. 

If the verdict goes to the McCanns (and ANY money awarded to the McCanns will be portrayed as a huge WIN for them - regardless of the amount) , then I think the case will be closed down very quickly afterwards.  SY know that there is no abductor to be found, the new DCI is unlikely to indulge the ludicrous 'burglars' theory. Instead I predict she is likely to say that "she has fully reviewed the case and concluded that SY did the best they could, but that the trail was just too cold".   

The lasting public impression will then be a McCann win in court followed by SY bowing out of the hunt. 

Or she may surprise us all, and actually investigate the T9.  Sadly, after 3 years, there is simply no evidence to support that theory - just a lot of detailed (and fascinating) circumstantial analysis from TextUSA which in time will prove to be spectacularly prescient or a monument to relentless optimism.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 18.02.15 10:34

BB:
"Instead, I predict, she is likely to say that "she has fully reviewed the case and concluded that SY did the best they could, but that the trail was just too cold".
--------------------------------------------------

Well THAT, 'conclusion', wouldn't 'clear/exonerate/eliminate' the McCann's" (or their 'friends') in any WAY, SHAPE or FORM, from 'possible involvement' (Leics Police) in Madeleine's 'disappearance', would it?

eta: And WHY would DCI Wall's 'conclusion' be any more 'acceptable' than GA's/PJ's 'conclusions'?

BOTH only 'theories', surely?

WHY would I, 'believe' DCI Wall's 'possible' conclusion, over the PJ's 'conclusion'?

She wasn't 'there' was she?

The PJ/GNR WERE!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 18.02.15 10:42

AND What about the PJ investigation or is that to be disregarded completely? No good SY finding the trail has gone cold - and PJ finding the truth...
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 18.02.15 11:02

I know its seems a bit far out   BUT COULD IT BE  A CASE THAT pj WILL KEEP THEIR OWN EVIDENCE TO THEM SELVES   ,AND  when the others have said no more can be done ,then thay will continue  with the evidence they have all ready  which sounds rather like its some of the forensics that can still be used ? They said some months ago ,THEY HAVE REOPENED THE CASE ,IF MY MEMORY SEVES ME WELL . They have made it plain I feel that its not a burgeler . just in my head for some time now .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 18.02.15 11:06

HelenMeg wrote:AND What about the PJ investigation or is that to be disregarded completely? No good SY finding the trail has gone cold - and PJ finding the truth...

And,

"BASED on 'EXSISTING EVIDENCE' this points to a 'crime' being carried out BY 'a stranger' (OWTTE)  DCI Andy Redwood, ex lead investigator of Operation Grange.

What EXSISTING 'EVIDENCE', i ask.

If, IF, OG had 'exsisting evidence' they would have 'produced' it, YEARS ago.

If ONLY to 'completely and utterly' PROVE the McCann's and the 'friends' or 'persons' they 'know', WERE absolutely NOT 'involved' (impossible) in a 3 years old child's 'disappearance'

(just 'saying so' DOES NOT 'COUNT'!)

LETS 'SEE' the 'EXSISTING EVIDENCE' that EXONERATES/ELIMINATES the McCann's, their 'friends', or 'persons' they KNOW, from ANY 'possible INVOLVEMENT'.

eta: (sorry) DCI Wall would ALSO now 'have' (access to) ALL of this exsisting 'EVIDENCE', established/collected by OG, that a 'stranger carried out this crime', wouldn't she?
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 18.02.15 14:17

HelenMeg wrote:AND What about the PJ investigation or is that to be disregarded completely? No good SY finding the trail has gone cold - and PJ finding the truth...

It's a fair point.  Sadly my view is that there is no PJ investigation.  According to Amaral the reopening of the case by the PJ was a procedural move that was required before they could assist SY with all the ILRs.   Legally the PJ had to produce some 'new evidence' to justify the reopening, and that was 'tractorman' who was almost immediately ruled out. 

As such, I don't think they are actively pursuing the case.  It would be impossible even if they wanted to. They believe that the McCanns did it, and they and the supporting cast are in the UK, safely outside of their jurisdiction for interviews or further investigation.  So unless SY start to go after the T9, then there are only two possible outcomes: 

A) The new DCI shuts the case down - "Maddie is probably dead, and one of those suspects probably did it, but the trail is too cold".  
B) The new DCI goes after the T9 and anyone else they believe is involved

If she wants to take option A, then she has to wait for the libel verdict.  If McCanns win, she can move fast. If they lose, she will wait a while for the public to forget.  As ever we should anticipate SY action or planted stories around verdict day to help that forgetting process.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 18.02.15 16:35

Well I dont believe that the new DCI will be deciding which option (A or B) to take... she will do as she is told. Someone a lot higher up the pecking order of the establishment
will decide, if anyone has to make that decision. Probably DC
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by noseyparker 18.02.15 17:24

HelenMeg wrote:Well I dont believe that the new DCI will be deciding which option (A or B) to take... she will do as she is told. Someone a lot higher up the pecking order of the establishment
will decide, if anyone has to make that decision. Probably DC
To many high profile people jumped on the McScamm,s bandwagon from the begining taking their version of events as to what happened to Madeleineas true,a clever marketing ploy by TM.Can you imagine any of these celebrity backers of the McScamm,s taking their kids on holiday and leaviny 2 and 3 year old kids alone  in a locked/unlocked apartment while they went out partying with their pals Becky Brookes would make sure the world knew what terrible  parents they where but no such condemnation of the good doctors.Cameron only had OG because he was told to by Brookes,the fool even forgot he left his own daughter at the pub.
noseyparker

Activity : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 19.02.15 8:40

jeanmonroe wrote:BB:
"Instead, I predict, she is likely to say that "she has fully reviewed the case and concluded that SY did the best they could, but that the trail was just too cold".

Well THAT, 'conclusion', wouldn't 'clear/exonerate/eliminate' the McCann's" (or their 'friends') in any WAY, SHAPE or FORM, from 'possible involvement' (Leics Police) in Madeleine's 'disappearance', would it?

eta: And WHY would DCI Wall's 'conclusion' be any more 'acceptable' than GA's/PJ's 'conclusions'?

WHY would I, 'believe' DCI Wall's 'possible' conclusion, over the PJ's 'conclusion'?

The PJ/GNR WERE!

All of what you say is true.  However, IF the McCanns win, AND the new DCI wants to shut this down, the UK media will exonerate the McCanns / T7 in the same way as they have done for the past 7 years:

1. "The libel court victory proves (if McCanns win) that Amaral's book was libellous" (and by implication wrong and damaging)

2. DCI Wall's conclusion is correct because "SY worked on it for 3+ years, spent £10m, with a huge team of inspectors. The PJ made "many mistakes", Amaral went "rogue" and the PJ gave up after a year."

3. "SY are British - and by definition far better than the PJ"  (Daily Mail and Redtops only)

4. The McCanns are eliminated because SY said right from the start that they and the T7 were not suspects.  The libel case backs that up by showing that Amaral was wrong.

As you can see from the above 'nightmare scenario', a lot hinges on the McCanns getting SOMETHING from the libel trial.  And I don't mean money.  So long as they get some kind of technical win, then SY can close down the case with the above media strategy.   If Amaral gets a big win then close down becomes much more difficult and takes much longer.  That's why it's all gone quiet IMO.
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 19.02.15 9:23

All of that pre-supposes that SY are corrupt. They are happy to provide a resolution which doesn't resemble the truth of the matter. 

They are also aware that globally this case is of great interest and that it will remain interesting and a matter for discussion for many years / decades to come. The case is a phenomenon of it's time.  A live investigation occurring with internet access enabling commentators & forums to connect intelligent people together to discuss. Social media is important now more than ever before. Another police force in Portugal who shelved their investigation of the case stating apparent death in apartment and parents involved in cover up. 
This case is enormously high -profile not just in the UK but globally.

I dont think it is a case that any police force would be happy to whitewash and what is the point of a whitewash? What is the motive?
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 19.02.15 9:37

Kiko’s take on the matter:

dewi lennard ‪@kikoratton
 · 
16h
16 hours ago
Given that 90% of serving/retired police say that there was no ‪#McCann abduction, how come Op Grange still tries to pin it on a "Sweatyman"?

· 
16h
16 hours ago
Answer: because acc to my informant, Special Branch swarms all over Belgravia Pol Stn, which is where Op Grange is based. No investigation!
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 19.02.15 9:50

Only time will tell .. hopefully we get the trial outcome soon - cant be too long now. It was thought about 40 days after last hearing - but maybe sooner as they got the ward of court documents in earlier than expected.
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.02.15 10:17

Doug D wrote:Kiko’s take on the matter:

· 
16h
16 hours ago
Given that 90% of serving/retired police say that there was no ‪#McCann abduction, how come Op Grange still tries to pin it on a "Sweatyman"?

· 
16h
16 hours ago
Answer: because acc to my informant, Special Branch swarms all over Belgravia Pol Stn, which is where Op Grange is based. No investigation!

So, how do 'they' STOP a 'former' cop/police staff at OG, and there's been rather a bigger 'turnover' (of staff) than we have been led to believe, (personal 'info') 'whistleblowing' a short time after OG 'wound up'?

Cheque book 'journalism'?

That 'story' would be 'worth a fortune'

And the 'irony' would be that the 'Sun/NI' would be at the forefront to 'pay' for story!

£30,000, in a carrier bag, would only gets you 'entrance' into the 'bidding' war!

(not 'forgetting' that if the PJ 're-shelved' this second investigation, NOT 'close' (pending new information becoming available) they would 'release' their files, by law, i believe, possibly high lighting the 'co-operation', or NOT, of OG/MET/SY, with PJ. The PJ certainly were not 'shy' about naming 'names' in their first release of 'files' were they? Good 'ol STU! winkwink )
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 19.02.15 10:25

The more they try to 'cover up' the bigger hole they dig for themselves... if the cover up angle is taken - this whole affair will never ever end. At least with the truth it can be finally closed.

As Amaral said, this requires political courage.. does anyone have any? clapping
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 19.02.15 11:41

HelenMeg wrote:The more they try to 'cover up' the bigger hole they dig for themselves... if the cover up angle is taken - this whole affair will never ever end. At least with the truth it can be finally closed.

As Amaral said, this requires political courage.. does anyone have any? clapping

Apart from Ed, who's got the Balls to do anything?
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 19.02.15 11:44

"Special Branch swarms all over Belgravia Police station"
-----------------------------------------------

Just as Special Branch officers 'swarmed' all over the McCann's, 'escorting' them to Rothley Manor, from EMA, and acting as 'baggage boys' to two doctors, who went abroad with THREE children, to Portugal, and returned, 'hastily' (within HOURS of being made 'arguido/arguida') from Portugal, with only TWO children, SAYING 'oh, one's been 'abducted', end of!'
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 19.02.15 11:44

If DC has, then I will vote for him in the next election. I quite like Theresa May - she seems to have good principles.
HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC 21.02.15 23:06

Bishop Brennan wrote:

The PJ/GNR WERE!

All of what you say is true.  However, IF the McCanns win, AND the new DCI wants to shut this down, the UK media will exonerate the McCanns / T7 in the same way as they have done for the past 7 years:

1. "The libel court victory proves (if McCanns win) that Amaral's book was libellous" (and by implication wrong and damaging)

2. DCI Wall's conclusion is correct because "SY worked on it for 3+ years, spent £10m, with a huge team of inspectors. The PJ made "many mistakes", Amaral went "rogue" and the PJ gave up after a year."

3. "SY are British - and by definition far better than the PJ"  (Daily Mail and Redtops only)

4. The McCanns are eliminated because SY said right from the start that they and the T7 were not suspects.  The libel case backs that up by showing that Amaral was wrong.

As you can see from the above 'nightmare scenario', a lot hinges on the McCanns getting SOMETHING from the libel trial.  And I don't mean money.  So long as they get some kind of technical win, then SY can close down the case with the above media strategy.   If Amaral gets a big win then close down becomes much more difficult and takes much longer.  That's why it's all gone quiet IMO.
Bishop Brennan

I think you are close to the mark there.

It's not out of pessimism that I am critical of SY.

A touch of cynicism because if you have a ' remit ' that is exactly whta you have.

If my ' remit ' is to get a bottle of milk from Tesco then I'm not going to go to Lidl for a loaf of bread.

It's the remit that is self limiting.

DI Redwood's warning to all and sundry in PdL on the day/night of the alleged crime was that he and his team had all the
mobile phone records. As if to say ' We know where you were - and are '

It has come to nought.

Where does SY go now?

10 metres away from 5a - 100 metres away from 5a and 1km away from 5a and so on into big wide world.

Like the wag who put the suggestion in the company Suggestion Box - " I suggest you no longer have a suggestion box "
I would suggest that SY give up the ghost ( literally and metaphorically ) as the whole thing is leading nowhere
visa - vis The Search for the Truth.

I suspect that most of the team in SY may feel a little bit limited in the scope of their enquiry and will know the limitations of
their remit.

The Portuguese authorities have been too accommodating ( diplomacy ) and they need to call a halt to this whole thing before
it becomes embarassing for both sides.

There are two Courts in operation here and this has always been the case from the off for my money.

That is: The Court of UK public opinion and the real legal Court in Portugal.

Neither SY nor the PJ  can win one way or the other.

One has the great proportion of evidence but doesn't have to the guts ( or allowance politically ) to go further.

The other one has no evidence but has the front to carry on searching for other suspects for the swaying of UK public opinion.

This is why Amaral's book was  dangerous at the time. It is not as dangerous as it was as Summers and Swann's book proves.

It has all become passe unless the MSM attempts tp re-generate in the minds of theUK public.

The Swann and Summers book sunk like a stone.

The result of the damages case one way  or the other  will be offered up to the Court of public opinion as there is no further
evidence to add to the Portugues investigation.

If in doubt put the case back on the shelf.

We are going round in circles.

Neither investigations are  a search for Madeleine.

All opinion though.
XTC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 21.02.15 23:40

XTC wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:

The PJ/GNR WERE!

Bishop Brennan

I think you are close to the mark there.

It's not out of pessimism that I am critical of SY.

A touch of cynicism because if you have a ' remit ' that is exactly whta you have.

If my ' remit ' is to get a bottle of milk from Tesco then I'm not going to go to Lidl for a loaf of bread.

It's the remit that is self limiting.

DI Redwood's warning to all and sundry in PdL on the day/night of the alleged crime was that he and his team had all the
mobile phone records. As if to say ' We know where you were - and are '

It has come to nought.

Where does SY go now?

10 metres away from 5a - 100 metres away from 5a and 1km away from 5a and so on into big wide world.

Like the wag who put the suggestion in the company Suggestion Box - " I suggest you no longer have a suggestion box "
I would suggest that SY give up the ghost ( literally and metaphorically ) as the whole thing is leading nowhere
visa - vis The Search for the Truth.

I suspect that most of the team in SY may feel a little bit limited in the scope of their enquiry and will know the limitations of
their remit.

The Portuguese authorities have been too accommodating ( diplomacy ) and they need to call a halt to this whole thing before
it becomes embarassing for both sides.

There are two Courts in operation here and this has always been the case from the off for my money.

That is: The Court of UK public opinion and the real legal Court in Portugal.

Neither SY nor the PJ  can win one way or the other.

One has the great proportion of evidence but doesn't have to the guts ( or allowance politically ) to go further.

The other one has no evidence but has the front to carry on searching for other suspects for the swaying of UK public opinion.

This is why Amaral's book was  dangerous at the time. It is not as dangerous as it was as Summers and Swann's book proves.

It has all become passe unless the MSM attempts tp re-generate in the minds of theUK public.

The Swann and Summers book sunk like a stone.

The result of the damages case one way  or the other  will be offered up to the Court of public opinion as there is no further
evidence to add to the Portugues investigation.

If in doubt put the case back on the shelf.

We are going round in circles.

Neither investigations are  a search for Madeleine.

All opinion though.

Years ago, my mum sent my absent-minded brother to the Spar to get a thick loaf and two tins of beans.

He returned an hour later with two bags of chips and a fishcake from the chippy.

She went mad at him and asked him why he went to the chippy instead of the Spar. He told her that he bumped into a mate of his from school who was on the way to the chippy. The mate began to tell him all about an armed robbery during the night of the pub which his mate lived near.

Totally engrossed in the story - his mate's mother witnessed the armed robbers from her bedroom window as they smashed their way through the pub door in the early hours of the morning and came out a few minutes later carrying bags, which she assumed was bags of money - he followed the mate into the chippy. He didn't want to miss out on any of the story so put an order in for fishcake and chips.

To sum up.

He saved us from another tea of beans-on-toast.

We all preferred chips and fishcake instead.

Even though his remit was the Spar, he drifted somewhere else.

If he hadn't, he would have missed the exciting story and first-hand account of the robbery.

Maybe SY are looking beyond beans-on-toast and towards chips and fishcake.
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 22.02.15 12:36

Love your story about your brother Gaggzy.   Mr Mrs
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames 22.02.15 21:27

My wife said: "Please go to the store and buy a carton of milk and if they have eggs, get six."

I came back with 6 cartons of milk. She said, "why in the hell did you buy six cartons of milk"

"They had eggs"

A badly defined remit.
rustyjames

Activity : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC 22.02.15 23:14

rustyjames wrote:My wife said: "Please go to the store and buy a carton of milk and if they have eggs, get six."

I came back with 6 cartons of milk. She said, "why in the hell did you buy six cartons of milk"

"They had eggs"

A badly defined remit.
That's a good one.

Thinking in reverse.

The thing is as in your tale and gagzy's is that in one thick ear might be gained and a telling of from your wife in the other
instance.

SY who are the police ( ' best in the world ' ) depend upon not stepping away from the Government/Home Office remit.

Their pay and pensions rely on it. No whistleblowing - they signed the Official Secrets Act as did the British investigators before them.

The remit is to - to treat the abduction ( my italics ) as if it happened in the UK.

DI Redwood has rode off into the sunset and good luck to him but he has not solved the case.

The reason for that in my humble opinion is that SY have nowhere else to go.

DI Wall can carry on where Redwood left off but it doesn't mean that any progression will be made.

By definition treating the investigation as an abduction means that SY are not investigating any of the Tapas 9.

woodforthetrees said it and I agree. That is not the remit of SY.

No one is going to find Madeleine by accident. You need people to guide you to the trail which will lead you to Madeleine.

As I said there are two types of Court at work.

The legal one ( Portugues ) has evidence but not enough of it.

The Public opinion one ( SY/UK Government) can't find an alternative to the above or add anything to the Case files for assessment.

It's stalemate and only Euro Diplomacy is keeping the thing going.

All I can say is that in my view it's time to put the case back on the shelf ( maybe a higher shelf? ) as this is going nowhere fast.

It might help Keir Simmonds et al to write for a penny a line but it sure as hell feels like my intelligence is being undermined.

Alll opinion though.
XTC

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum