The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 39 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 39 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 39 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 39 Regist10

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 39 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by ShuBob 10.07.14 21:10

I eagerly await the judge's written judgement.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 39 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by ShuBob 10.07.14 21:15

canada12 wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:
I would say the McCanns have made a rubbish job of substantiating their claims so far. No clinical depression, Gerry able to function at work, no proof of any incident of actual damage to them, still ambassadors and going to galas etc, Leveson, SY review still going on so clearly search not hampered, going on fun runs and so it goes on. I don't think they have provided one serious bit of proof that it has had any effect on them at all, and for that they want a million euros.

I feel sure the judge will rule against them.

I feel the same way. So far all they've really proved is that the book made them unhappy and made their children ask questions. Any book can do that. Why not sue every writer that's ever written anything that made them feel the slightest bit cheesed off?

I think both Kate and Gerry summed it up well when they were asked whether they had any depression or inability to sleep. Both responded they had, but it was temporary. That in itself seals the verdict for me. They were temporarily upset but now they're not, so no long standing ill-effects, case closed.

They are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Answering that they're still depressed- clinically or not- and are unable to sleep will lead to Gerry facing a fitness-to-work panel and potentially a visit by social services to the couple.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 10.07.14 21:24

Oh what a tangled web we weave......  eh?

Had Kate told the truth about how people had deserted them in droves she would have had a valid argument as to loss of reputation. However the party line has always been that everyone supports them.  Goncalo's lawyer proved that with the 20,000 people turning up for a prayer meeting (that Kate didn't know about) and her elevation to Ambassador for Missing People, that their reputation clearly hadn't suffered at all. Kate fell into the Judge's trap.  When asked about famous people, Kate said they had renowned people who supported them.  Effectively, she was arguing the case for the Defence, their reputation wasn't harmed.   

The truth is, their reputations are in ruins, and I am sure they have plenty of evidence to substantiate it - a simply graph of the drop in the donations to the Fund, would have perfectly illustrated their loss of popularity.  However, the McCanns are so arrogant that they used their own children (again), rather than admit people don't like them anymore.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnyT 10.07.14 21:29

Cristobell wrote:Oh what a tangled web we weave......  eh?

Had Kate told the truth about how people had deserted them in droves she would have had a valid argument as to loss of reputation. However the party line has always been that everyone supports them.  Goncalo's lawyer proved that with the 20,000 people turning up for a prayer meeting (that Kate didn't know about) and her elevation to Ambassador for Missing People, that their reputation clearly hadn't suffered at all. Kate fell into the Judge's trap.  When asked about famous people, Kate said they had renowned people who supported them.  Effectively, she was arguing the case for the Defence, their reputation wasn't harmed.   

The truth is, their reputations are in ruins, and I am sure they have plenty of evidence to substantiate it - a simply graph of the drop in the donations to the Fund, would have perfectly illustrated their loss of popularity.  However, the McCanns are so arrogant that they used their own children (again), rather than admit people don't like them anymore.
SSSHHHH....don't give them ideas  big grin

JohnyT
JohnyT

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 10.07.14 21:30

Truly like ostriches - heads in the sand - don`t realise everyone can see their bottoms.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnyT 10.07.14 21:32

Woofer wrote:Truly like ostriches - heads in the sand - don`t realise everyone can see their bottoms.
Nearly spilled my coffee over the keyboard with that one!
JohnyT

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 10.07.14 21:37

SuspiciousMinds wrote:QUOTE: "GMC explains that it states right at the beginning that Madeleine is dead, that there was no abduction, that he and his wife are liars, that they are cold and ruthless enough to hide a body instead of rending assistance. There's no evidence of that and the evidence that the documentary presents doesn't match."

See, this is what bugs me, time and time again. Do they ever, ever just come out and deny that they hid the body? It's always "there is no evidence" or "we didn't kill her" or "it's ludicrous" - they never seem to deny irrevocably the thing they're actually being accused of.

"No evidence" does not mean they didn't do it - it just means no-one is capable of proving in court that they actually did do it. Why is the lack of evidence so much more important to them than just simply telling the world, "We didn't do it"?

Put yourself in that situation. What would trip from your lips?

1. "Someone said my child is dead, there was no abduction, my wife and I are cold, ruthless liars, and we hid her body. There is no evidence of that."

2. "Someone said my child is dead, there was no abduction, my wife and I are cold, ruthless liars, and we hid her body. It's wicked, untrue rubbish - we love our children with all our hearts, and we would never, ever do anything like that."

Actually, the first option is even more weird than I thought at first, because it suggests that Gerry doesn't KNOW if he and his wife are cold, ruthless liars who hid the body, but that he could be persuaded to believe it if someone showed him some evidence!
Hi Suspicious Minds and welcome  smilie 

I think this is a really good point, and I do remember musing about it one time.  You are absolutely right, they go out of their way to avoid saying they didn't do it, they answer almost as if they were standing in the dock and always have been.  I don't know if I have ever seen them say 'we are innocent', in fact 'innocent; seems to be a word they avoid.

Its a bit like that other strange statement '.... we regret we were not there AT THAT MOMENT' - that always seems a strange one to me.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 10.07.14 21:48

Breaking news on uk tv  BHH just "apologised " for the shooting in Brixton which triggered the riots ! Wonder if the man will have to "apologise" to the people very soon when the horrible pair are in court and facing charges of neglect ? big grin
Iamtheseeker

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 10.07.14 21:59

It's a shame the judge didn't see this photo

MAY 2012

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 39 Kate%20McCann

Meeting: Kate McCann (right) talks to the Duchess of Gloucester (left), Home Secretary
Theresa May (2nd left) and chief executive of Missing People Martin Houghton-Brown
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-mum-kate-goes-845462#ixzz376MFPxWf
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 10.07.14 22:04

She don't look "depressed " and all the other claims she makes does she? Or has she just been handed a cheque for her "fund" ? big grin
Iamtheseeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 10.07.14 22:07

"No evidence" does not mean they didn't do it - it just means no-one is capable of proving in court that they actually did do it. Why is the lack of evidence so much more important to them than just simply telling the world, "We didn't do it"?

As when Sean asked if Dr Amaral had said they hid Madeleine's body. The reply was 'he said this, he says a lot of silly things'. Not, 'of course we didn't, we are desperate to find out what happened to her'.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice 10.07.14 22:13

Interesting that GM was not upset by or had never heard of any of the other books on the case... It does make this one look vindictive towards and persecution of Amaral.
Truthandjustice

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 10.07.14 22:19

Truthandjustice wrote:Interesting that GM was not upset by or had never heard of any of the other books on the case... It does make this one look vindictive towards and persecution of Amaral.
Why didn't their media monitoring set up report back to them about the other books?  There has been plenty info. about them online.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 10.07.14 22:23

The other books probably didn't make money so it is of no val££ to them, and what's with the blue wristband she is wearing along side the green and yellow one??
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 10.07.14 22:25

Is the Blue wristband to remind people of the "fund" ? big grin
Iamtheseeker

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 10.07.14 22:32

tasprin wrote:It's a shame the judge didn't see this photo

MAY 2012

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 39 Kate%20McCann

Meeting: Kate McCann (right) talks to the Duchess of Gloucester (left), Home Secretary
Theresa May (2nd left) and chief executive of Missing People Martin Houghton-Brown
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-mum-kate-goes-845462#ixzz376MFPxWf
May 2012 that pic. looking very much better than she does now. 

This judge IMO aint gonna have any of it.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit 10.07.14 22:36

ultimaThule wrote:
inspirespirit wrote:
Versailles wrote:
Miraflores wrote:
If only she had just been honest at the beginning.... even if she had done something terrible to Madeleine, she could well of been suffering post natal depression. The courts would have been sympathetic and she would probably have just needed psychiatric help.

I agree here. A friend's wife suffered. PND is not just 'the blues'; it's a serious condition which doesn't just go away after a few weeks and needs treatment.
Some women are evil. There is no need to invent a psychiatric diagnosis to a woman just because she has done something we can not comprehend. That is a slap in the face for those mothers who are truly suffering from PND.

So, unless Kate has been diagnosed with it, I dont think she had it.
No-one is inventing a psychiatric diagnosis.  Loads of women go undiagnosed, and they are doctors, so can self prescribe without having to put anything on their records.  Also,  what you have to bear in mind is she is living with a narcisstic sociopath, so everything she does and says will be controlled by him, imo.  He may have been treating her for it, for all we know, as he wouldn't have wanted everyone to know his wife had a psychiatric disorder.  She certainly doesn't look 'with it', half the time and the other half, she looks terrified and haunted.

Doctors in the UK are not allowed to self-prescribe and, except in emergencies, they do not provide treatment for their relatives, is.

It seems to me that you have invented a pyschiatric diagnois for GM and IMO, as evidenced both by her bewk and her observable behaviour, the only narcissistic sociopath KM is living with is herself.
I most definitely HAVE NOT invented a psychiatric diagnosis for GM.  Narcissistic Sociopaths are recognised personality disorders.   Also, Doctors maybe shouldn't self-prescribe, but they do... FACT.    Trust me, if you have ever lived with an NS, you would know how controlling and manipulative they are of everything in your/their life.    I don't obviously know if KM had PND, I was just saying how dreadful she is looking, and how there is the very real possibility if they are hiding this massive secret, she could be in danger if she starts to crack.  http://paularenee.wordpress.com/identifying-a-narcissistic-sociopath/
inspirespirit
inspirespirit

Activity : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 10.07.14 22:43

The pictures in the privacy of downing street all smiley smiley. The pictures outside of downing street for the public all glum glum  sad and this woman want me to believe her daughter was abducted.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 10.07.14 23:12

Just catching up.  I agree with another couple of posters who`ve said this is not a libel trial as in

"GMC – But the book mentions facts that aren't true.
The judge – The point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation.

The Judge says it is not necessary to know what the truth is. So we can all give up with that aspect.

I must admit I could never understand how this could be a libel trial without knowing the truth.

So the charge is `offence to persons`.  Is there such a thing ?  Any legal whizz-kids here?

As another poster said - expecting to get £1.2 million just because someone has offended you is a bit rich.

Also,

From what the McCanns both stated it seems the TV programme caused them more offence than GA`s book and I`m sure the Judge registered this - so perhaps its the TVI that are going to pay the price.

PS - Have checked and in the UK (don`t know about Portugal) Offence Against a Person entails physical harm.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 10.07.14 23:18

I don't think the judge has believed a word of what the McCanns have said and I doubt that they will be leaving with a single Euro

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 10.07.14 23:22

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 39 Article-2684287-1F79994100000578-666_634x426

Gerry, stop scratching your ear. People will think you're lying.

Kate, they KNOW I'm lying ... my lips are moving.
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 10.07.14 23:38

Snips from L-azzeri
Gerry & Kate McCann WHY?
The last time the Court was in session re this libel trial which commenced in September 2013 there was no mention by the McCann witnesses that Sean McCann, the McCanns young son, now nine years old, had questioned his parents about Dr Amaral’s book.
I said yesterday for this reason, if the child had said this, then it had to have come AFTER the last Court session.
I now note that Kate McCann has said it happened in October 2013.
How very convenient and obvious – as all McCann statements are.
It will be obvious to most that the McCanns understood their case was going nowhere, hence they had to introduce their children to the madness that is McCann.
+++++++++++++++++
What I find concerning in this, is that Kate McCann told the Judge that she made contact with Mr Trickey, the pretend psychologist with regards Sean’s question.  Tricky told her, just to let them ask.  (well you really cannot stop them asking) and then to give them an answer.
Well I’ll be blowed – we could all be psychologists if that was the extent of his professional opinion, an example of his expertise – but then – he isn’t a psychologist – is he?
I do wonder though if she was entirely honest in this as this is what she claims Trickey told her when the children were very young, not long after Madeleine vanished.  When she answered the Court as to how she dealt with Sean's question of October 2013, and she stated she spoke with Trickey and it seems from what she told the Judge, Mr Trickey told her exactly what he had seven years ago?  Hmm!  I would have thought the advice he would offer for a 2/3 year old would have differed somewhat from that for a 9 year old!
He's not very good, I don't think! 

Kate McCann really didn’t answer the Judge properly, she gave no explanation as to how Sean reacted to her reply – ‘There are many stupid things in Dr Amaral’s book.’
++++++++++++++++++
If this boy asked this question – any mum in such a position would have sat both twins down and spoken to them together, and given much more explanation than – 'Dr Amaral said many stupid things in his book.'
Her eldest child is missing, has been for over seven years after being abandoned in a holiday apartment by her mummy and daddy, and she expects the world to believe that such a short and flippant response to her son, sufficed?
What Kate McCann thought in my opinion, was that this story would enable her in securing £1m in libel damages. To gain sympathy.  She made sure that Sean "said" this AFTER the last session in Court.  It had to be AFTER, as her witnesses, her pretend psychologist failed to mention any such thing when giving their testimonies.
She used her young son to attempt to make her goals in this case happen.   And that is both sickening and despicable.
In the mind of Kate McCann this was a great ploy.  Tell the Court, tell the world, Sean had asked about Dr Amaral’s book, it will make her look a victim, it will gain her/them sympathy.
http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/McCann-Gerry___Kate_Why_.html
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 10.07.14 23:43

inspirespirit wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
inspirespirit wrote:
Versailles wrote:
Miraflores wrote:
If only she had just been honest at the beginning.... even if she had done something terrible to Madeleine, she could well of been suffering post natal depression. The courts would have been sympathetic and she would probably have just needed psychiatric help.

I agree here. A friend's wife suffered. PND is not just 'the blues'; it's a serious condition which doesn't just go away after a few weeks and needs treatment.
Some women are evil. There is no need to invent a psychiatric diagnosis to a woman just because she has done something we can not comprehend. That is a slap in the face for those mothers who are truly suffering from PND.

So, unless Kate has been diagnosed with it, I dont think she had it.
No-one is inventing a psychiatric diagnosis.  Loads of women go undiagnosed, and they are doctors, so can self prescribe without having to put anything on their records.  Also,  what you have to bear in mind is she is living with a narcisstic sociopath, so everything she does and says will be controlled by him, imo.  He may have been treating her for it, for all we know, as he wouldn't have wanted everyone to know his wife had a psychiatric disorder.  She certainly doesn't look 'with it', half the time and the other half, she looks terrified and haunted.

Doctors in the UK are not allowed to self-prescribe and, except in emergencies, they do not provide treatment for their relatives, is.

It seems to me that you have invented a pyschiatric diagnois for GM and IMO, as evidenced both by her bewk and her observable behaviour, the only narcissistic sociopath KM is living with is herself.

I most definitely HAVE NOT invented a psychiatric diagnosis for GM.  Narcissistic Sociopaths are recognised personality disorders.   Also, Doctors maybe shouldn't self-prescribe, but they do... FACT.    Trust me, if you have ever lived with an NS, you would know how controlling and manipulative they are of everything in your/their life.    I don't obviously know if KM had PND, I was just saying how dreadful she is looking, and how there is the very real possibility if they are hiding this massive secret, she could be in danger if she starts to crack.  http://paularenee.wordpress.com/identifying-a-narcissistic-sociopath/

While not disputing that doctors are not always the models of probity some believe them to be, as I have said upthread, any doctor who self-prescribes or prescribes for their relatives is liable to find themselves appearing before a GMC Fitness to Practise Panel, is.

I am aware of the existence of many recognised personality disorders but on this occasion your own words can be used to support the contention that you  have 'invented' a diagnosis in that GM's  clinical history is unknown to you and, from what you have subsequently said, it seems you may be projecting personal experience onto the dynamic of KM's relationship with her spouse which you have observed for only brief periods at considerable distance from the couple.  

Fwiw, KM has many more than two 'looks' as evidenced by photos of her appearing positively radiant and carefree as well as  'mournful' and 'haunted' which, to my eye, have the unmistakeable hallmark of simulated grief, together with 'sly' and literally lip curlingly 'disdainful'  and her 'saintly' pose complete with pizza hat is particularly memorable.  laughat
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 10.07.14 23:48

Gaggzy wrote:LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 39 Article-2684287-1F79994100000578-666_634x426

Gerry, stop scratching your ear. People will think you're lying.

Kate, they KNOW I'm lying ... my lips are moving.

big grin  Good one, Gaggzy, but omigod, look at the wee one's nose!   It used to be snub  rotfl
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 11.07.14 0:33

True Liberty wrote:Coming here this morning I really do notice the absence of posters such as Russian Doll and others whose names escape me right now.
10 pages of the same comments about how awful she looks.

But let us move on.

I don't think Sean heard that on the bus,  I think a kid told him that on the bus, but my her saying that it would imply that people were doubting their story.  This way it is just the bad old Goncalo who is throwing litter in their way.

I also find it interesting that the last time they were in Lisbon they complained about how often and how difficult to compensate for new trial dates.  And yet,  their own defence stretched on longer this time by asking for fiscal records of "the truth of the lie".   With that in mind,  I hope the judge goes through Enid's accounting on the funds and see how much they made off this lie.  And tallying the two together, justice will be done.

My prayers are with the twins,  9 years of age is a very prime time for psychological damage to do the greatest harm,  especialy for boys.
It seems that with your return the moralizing has started again.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top