The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 35 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 35 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 35 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 35 Regist10

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 35 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by missmar1 10.07.14 15:06

jeanmonroe wrote:From the excellent Joana M.  

Court 'report'

Judge - In the thesis presented on (in?) the book it is claimed that you hid the body, do you think people thought that you were cowards?

Kate Healy - It was worst than that.

Judge - Do you suffer from insomnia?

Kate Healy - No, not as much as I did in 2008, 2009, because then the efforts that we did were boycotted by Mr. Amaral's book. We were desperate to find Madeleine. I felt that he destroyed our hypothesis.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I felt that he destroyed OUR HYPOTHESIS"

'HYPOTHESIS', Kate?

YOU have told the WORLD, ad infinitum, that your daughter, Madeleine, had, incontrovertibly, been 'abducted' from your apartment, and you knew straight away that is what happened because you were there and knew more than anyone, that was the case, because of what you found.

HAS KM, under oath, NOW admitted that an 'abduction' may NOT have happened at all, but this is just a HYPOTHESIS the McCanns have, of what MAY have 'happened' to Madeleine?

And, if true, KH said THAT in a courtroom, under oath, it opens the McCanns up, totally, to examination of what OTHER hypothesis there could be about what 'happened' to Madeleine.

Even to the extent of 'hypothesis, thesis, theories' put forward by ex-detectives or ANYONE.

Why would the McCann 'hypothesis' be considered any more 'credible' than any other 'hypothesis' presented/suggested by anyone else?

" Our Hypothesis "   imo, had Kate and Gerry Mccann used those words when their daughter first disappeared they would not have been able to gag people in the way they have done for the last 7 years ........
My guess is Kate Mccann was fully aware the judge KNEW there was no evidence whatsoever to support their claims of abduction and Kate would have been advised by I Duarte not to say the abduction word in court in case the judge asked her how she could state for certain that their daughter was a victim of an abduction.   
It is my opinion only that Kate Mccann swapped the abduction word for the "hypothesis" one for the above reason.
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 35 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by ultimaThule 10.07.14 15:10

Court 'report'

Judge - In the thesis presented on (in?) the book it is claimed that you hid the body, do you think people thought that you were cowards?

Kate Healy - No, not as much as I did in 2008, 2009, because then the efforts that we did were boycotted by Mr. Amaral's book. We were desperate to find Madeleine. I felt that he destroyed our hypothesis.

'HYPOTHESIS', Kate?

YOU have told the WORLD, ad infinitum, that your daughter, Madeleine, had, incontrovertibly, been 'abducted' from your apartment, and you knew straight away that is what happened because you were there and knew more than anyone, that was the case, because of what you found.

HAS KM, under oath, NOW admitted that an 'abduction' may NOT have happened at all, but this is just a HYPOTHESIS the McCanns have, of what MAY have 'happened' to Madeleine?

And, if true, KH said THAT in a courtroom, under oath, it opens the McCanns up, totally, to examination of what OTHER hypothesis there could be about what 'happened' to Madeleine.

Even to the extent of 'hypothesis, thesis, theories' put forward by ex-detectives or ANYONE.

Why would the McCann 'hypothesis' be considered any more 'credible' than any other 'hypothesis' presented/suggested by anyone else?

< cue music - Princes of the Universe >

< the wee High Lowlander appears centre stage >

< cue booming Glaswegian voiceover "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE HYPOTHESIS" >
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 10.07.14 15:11

Well Mr Amaral always wanted to get them into Court to answer questions on oath which has never been done before.People have always paid them huge sums of money before it went to court (Silly Fools, Desmond are you watching and listening ).

Kate dropped the boo boo well a few boo boos , and we all know (give them enough rope) as the saying goes !!!

I just hope the Judge and Mr Amarals Lawyer are reading the transcripts and spot these little boo boos !!! 

Sock it to them Rocky   howdy
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 10.07.14 15:15

THAT would certainly explain why SHE was almost totally 'shut down and silent' AFTER the statements had been read in court, imo.

It wouldn't look 'good' IF KM had said outside court, "it is only our HYPOTHESIS that our daughter was abducted' would it?

But would also 'explain' why their Portuguese lawyer ONLY ever refers to the 'abduction' as "the McCann couple's THESIS"

Finally an 'answer' to a question i have been asking constantly!   thanks  Kate.

No wonder she had a face like thunder, in the car, not being able to speak, outside court, ' about, her new 'crusade', Madeleine's 'human right'

Bang goes her Human Rights 'ambassadorship'

Imo, HE can't stand her, and can't wait to 'leave' her, but he knows, she knows, exactly what happened that night, and they are 'all in it together'

They effing deserve each other!...........FOREVER!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 10.07.14 15:16

missmar1 wrote:

Court 'report'

'HYPOTHESIS', Kate?

" Our Hypothesis "   imo, had Kate and Gerry Mccann used those words when their daughter first disappeared they would not have been able to gag people in the way they have done for the last 7 years ........
My guess is Kate Mccann was fully aware the judge KNEW there was no evidence whatsoever to support their claims of abduction and Kate would have been advised by I Duarte not to say the abduction word in court in case the judge asked her how she could state for certain that their daughter was a victim of an abduction.   
It is my opinion only that Kate Mccann swapped the abduction word for the "hypothesis" one for the above reason.

Kate McCann knows there was no "abduction" so under oath she could not state that Madeleine was abducted, and she's getting too weak and tired to keep up the charade**.  No wonder she looks a mess and a broken woman, hence her outburst in front of the court 2 weeks ago that GA was trying to "wear them down".  The McCanns are very good at blaming other people for their predicament.

If it comes out in the future that the McCanns were responsible for Madeleine's disappearance the sentence of "perverting the course of justice for over 7 years" would be added, not forgetting the £millions that have been spent by Portugal and the UK in searching for an abducted child who hadn't been abducted.

** Didn't GM state in his answers to the judge "abduction"?  No doubt he is keeping up the charade until the bitter end.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 10.07.14 15:16

canada12 wrote:Kate Healy - No, not as much as I did in 2008, 2009, because then the efforts that we did were boycotted by Mr. Amaral's book. We were desperate to find Madeleine. I felt that he destroyed our hypothesis.

Kate: "I knew immediately that Madeleine had been hypothesized!"
She knew what happened cos she was there
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by True Liberty 10.07.14 15:28

Nigel's Mccann files is down.
True Liberty

Activity : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 10.07.14 15:36

It had been mentioned on this forum ,would under oath would they she mention the A word .
well there is your answer .
Throw in Gerrys trying to get his dogs point over, so the press would pick up on it( and create doubt about there reliability in the minds off the masses ,) because Gerry's word is always reported as gospel.
pity GO cannot take the stand major mistake that.
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 10.07.14 15:37

Just watching the 1947 'Brighton Rock' (multi tasking, watching TV and typing  yes ) and that character 'Pinkie' is a 'nasty, dispicable, lying, money grabbing, disgusting, creepy, snidey' piece of work, isn't he?

And now, in 2014, there's another 'Pinky' in Brighton!

What are the chances?  laughat laughat 
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 10.07.14 15:42

Sorry, but the very nature of a hypothesis is that it's just a theory, and it requires proof to support its arguments.

If the "abduction" of Madeleine is defined as a hypothesis by Kate, then she cannot possibly sue anyone for libel if they challenge that hypothesis. Even if what's written causes her distress, annoyance, extreme apoplexy or foaming at the mouth. A hypothesis is an argument which invites challenge, discussion, research, proof, etc etc etc.

Case closed. Hypothesize your damages payout to Mr. Amaral, Kate.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 10.07.14 15:45

Well it all goes to show why she chose to refuse to answer questions in the first place.

She can't think on her feet without putting her foot in it.

My opinion of course
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 10.07.14 15:48

Shes not silly , had she answered the questions 7 years ago she would be doing porridge by now ! big grin
Iamtheseeker

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 10.07.14 15:49

stillsloppingout wrote:It had been mentioned on this forum ,would under oath would they she mention the A word .
Throw in Gerrys trying to get his dogs point over, so the press would pick up on it( and create doubt about there reliability in the minds off the masses ,) because Gerry's word is always reported as gospel.

I REMIND everyone that THEY (G&KM) did NOT utter the 'A' words, in relation to Madeleine, under OATH, at Leveson.

I'm beginning to think that GA has played a 'blinder' by letting them 'take the stand' in Portugal and be questioned by a Judge, in a court, under oath.

He KNEW, just KNEW, their mouths would run away with BS.

Seems he was right.

GA has been 'dealing' with 'dodgy geezers' all his life, in his occupation, as a Police Officer.

KM has just about 'destroyed' their case against him, all by herself!

NO 'depression'
NO 'insommnia'
NO 'destroyed from social standing'
NO 'abduction' just a 'hypothesis'
No 'expertise' on EVRD dogs.
etc.,

I'd say, at present,

GA 7  McCanns 1 (well, they did turn up after all with their BS!)

All imo, obviously!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 10.07.14 15:53

The transcript of Kate Healy's testimony reveals a considerable number of own goals and, as we've yet to read the wee one's alleged altercation with the judge, the final score may exceed Germany's rout of Brazil, jeanm  big grin 
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 10.07.14 15:55

MRNOODLES wrote:Well it all goes to show why she chose to refuse to answer questions in the first place.

She can't think on her feet without putting her foot in it.

My opinion of course

She can't STAND on her own two feet with one foot in her gob!

TIMBEEEERRRRRRRR!

all, imo, obviously
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 10.07.14 16:03

canada12 wrote:Sorry, but the very nature of a hypothesis is that it's just a theory, and it requires proof to support its arguments.

If the "abduction" of Madeleine is defined as a hypothesis by Kate, then she cannot possibly sue anyone for libel if they challenge that hypothesis. Even if what's written causes her distress, annoyance, extreme apoplexy or foaming at the mouth. A hypothesis is an argument which invites challenge, discussion, research, proof, etc etc etc.

Case closed. Hypothesize your damages payout to Mr. Amaral, Kate.

Yes, imo,  a big mistake by Kate Mccann to now come out with  "Our hypothesis "  7 years down the line .... 

Will people be able to sue them for the return of any money paid to the couple for damages now that she has admitted in a court room that it is only their own hypothesis  ?  Has she now effectively opened the gates to all and sundry who wish to challenge her and her husband's "hypothesis" 

Slightly off topic here but  imo, the Mccann's have had well over the top support from certain quarters because Mr Amaral's book has not seen the light of day in the UK  -   so will any publishers now come forward without fear of being Carter Rucked  to put his book out now that it is on court records that Kate Mccann has admitted it is only hers and her husbands "hypothesis"  that their daughter was abducted ?
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 10.07.14 16:08

jeanmonroe wrote:Just watching the 1947 'Brighton Rock' (multi tasking, watching TV and typing  yes ) and that character 'Pinkie' is a 'nasty, dispicable, lying, money grabbing, disgusting, creepy, snidey' piece of work, isn't he?

And now, in 2014, there's another 'Pinky' in Brighton!

What are the chances?  laughat laughat 

spit coffee  lol!
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 10.07.14 16:12

jeanmonroe wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:It had been mentioned on this forum ,would under oath would they she mention the A word .

I REMIND everyone that THEY (G&KM) did NOT utter the 'A' words, in relation to Madeleine, under OATH, at Leveson.

I'm beginning to think that GA has played a 'blinder' by letting them 'take the stand' in Portugal and be questioned by a Judge, in a court, under oath.

Seems he was right.

GA has been 'dealing' with 'dodgy geezers' all his life, in his occupation, as a Police Officer.

NO 'depression'
NO 'insommnia'
etc.,

I'd say, at present,

All imo, obviously!
Did you mean Portugal not Leveson?

Anyway, GM did mention abduction outside the court though to the waiting press (I don't know if that makes any difference to the libel hearing) -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

UPDATES ONLY LIBEL TRIAL 8TH JULY 2014

ultimaThule wrote:

snipped/

Gerry McCann: Well, you know, we can't comment on any specific details but what we are more than happy to say is we're really, really pleased that there is active investigation going on and, you know, it's taken a long time - the Met have been reviewing things for three years. Errr... We've had feedback from the Metropolitan Police - they were pleased with the way things have gone, errm... and we want that work to continue. There are a lot of lines of inquiry that need followed and, as parents, I mean, what we're... what we've asked for all along really is that anything that is reasonable to be done that may help find Madeleine and catch those responsible for her abduction is done. And, as parents, that's all we're asking and we felt there was a lot to be done and we... we want to make it clear, you know, it is a very complex investigation. It's a huge dossier, errm... and we just want as much as possible to be worked through.
Martin Brunt: Kate, what do you feel you've...
Portuguese journalist: [talking over] Do you think those steps in Algarve from British investigators... investigators can help repair all the damage the book and the documentary made, or do you see or hear that people in the Algarve start to say: "What are we doing here?"
Gerry McCann: Well, I think the worse thing is, that we were told that, errr... someone in Praia da Luz wrote: 'The parents are murderers', when this work was taking place, and if that is reflected, errr... in the general population it's devastating.
Kate McCann: I mean, that was spray painted on the wall in Luz, just a few weeks ago.
Gerry McCann: So, I mean, what we hope... we think, you know, there has been a tremendous amount of damage but we hope the public - the general population - will see the PJ are investigating, the Metropolitan Police are investigating, they will look at it and say what the criminal file said. You know, we... we don't know whether Madeleine's alive or dead but there is no evidence that she's dead and she's a missing child, and she's completely innocent. And more importantly than... well, there's... for us, there's nothing more important than that, but the next more important thing is whoever took Madeleine is still out there, and whoever that person is, or... or persons, they must have been laughing during these last six years, at what's been told in the book - that there was no abduction, that there's... you know, there's no predator out there. There is. And he may s... he, or she, or they, may strike again. And, you know, there's an unsolved serious crime and there's a series of other crimes against children which have come to light, errm... who have been on holiday. So, you know, at the very least, these people need to be brought to justice.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

GM may not have actually said the word "abduction" in court, but he is still spouting it on the steps of the court, which is on tape never to be forgotten.  I wonder how that would be perceived by the Judge, seeing it is a complete contradiction as to what KM spouted in court.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit 10.07.14 16:20

Anyone else think she looks on the edge of cracking?  Have to say I'm slightly concerned for her own safety.  Hell of a thing to have lived with all these years, and let's face it 'they' aren't going to let her spill the beans.    eek
inspirespirit
inspirespirit

Activity : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.07.14 16:21

Newintown wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:

Seems he was right.

NO 'depression'
NO 'insommnia'
etc.,

I'd say, at present,

All imo, obviously!

Anyway, GM did mention abduction outside the court though to the waiting press (I don't know if that makes any difference to the libel hearing) -

ultimaThule wrote:

snipped/

Gerry McCann: Well, you know, we can't comment on any specific details but what we are more than happy to say is we're really, really pleased that there is active investigation going on and, you know, it's taken a long time - the Met have been reviewing things for three years. Errr... We've had feedback from the Metropolitan Police - they were pleased with the way things have gone, errm... and we want that work to continue. There are a lot of lines of inquiry that need followed and, as parents, I mean, what we're... what we've asked for all along really is that anything that is reasonable to be done that may help find Madeleine and catch those responsible for her abduction is done. And, as parents, that's all we're asking and we felt there was a lot to be done and we... we want to make it clear, you know, it is a very complex investigation. It's a huge dossier, errm... and we just want as much as possible to be worked through.
Portuguese journalist: [talking over] Do you think those steps in Algarve from British investigators... investigators can help repair all the damage the book and the documentary made, or do you see or hear that people in the Algarve start to say: "What are we doing here?"
Gerry McCann: Well, I think the worse thing is, that we were told that, errr... someone in Praia da Luz wrote: 'The parents are murderers', when this work was taking place, and if that is reflected, errr... in the general population it's devastating.
Kate McCann: I mean, that was spray painted on the wall in Luz, just a few weeks ago.
Gerry McCann: So, I mean, what we hope... we think, you know, there has been a tremendous amount of damage but we hope the public - the general population - will see the PJ are investigating, the Metropolitan Police are investigating, they will look at it and say what the criminal file said. You know, we... we don't know whether Madeleine's alive or dead but there is no evidence that she's dead and she's a missing child, and she's completely innocent. And more importantly than... well, there's... for us, there's nothing more important than that, but the next more important thing is whoever took Madeleine is still out there, and whoever that person is, or... or persons, they must have been laughing during these last six years, at what's been told in the book - that there was no abduction, that there's... you know, there's no predator out there. There is. And he may s... he, or she, or they, may strike again. And, you know, there's an unsolved serious crime and there's a series of other crimes against children which have come to light, errm... who have been on holiday. So, you know, at the very least, these people need to be brought to justice.

GM may not have actually said the word "abduction" in court, but he is still spouting it on the steps of the court, which is on tape never to be forgotten.  I wonder how that would be perceived by the Judge, seeing it is a complete contradiction as to what KM spouted in court.
The Judge, interrogating KH, tellingly used the word 'disappearance' herself, immediately to be corrected by KH saying 'abducted' in het answer
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 10.07.14 16:24

Portia wrote:
Newintown wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:

Seems he was right.

NO 'depression'
NO 'insommnia'
etc.,

I'd say, at present,

All imo, obviously!

ultimaThule wrote:

snipped/

The Judge, interrogating KH, tellingly used the word 'disappearance' herself, immediately to be corrected by KH saying 'abducted' in het answer

I wasn't aware of that.  It wasn't in the transcript I read on this forum.  Is there an up to date transcript now?

ETA: I'm confused now, why would KH say "abducted" to the Judge when she said the abduction was only a hypothesis as reported in the Court proceedings in an earlier post?

Are there two different versions of the Court proceedings?

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 10.07.14 16:27

inspirespirit wrote:Anyone else think she looks on the edge of cracking?  Have to say I'm slightly concerned for her own safety.  Hell of a thing to have lived with all these years, and let's face it 'they' aren't going to let her spill the beans.    eek

Inspirespirit, she looks so tormented, as if she doesn't know which way to turn, and being the person I am, I feel for her. I am of the opinion that KM would have revealed all at the very beginning, but GM took control and put KM in a position where she must have felt like a rabbit trapped in the headlights. I noticed, when they were questioning GM outside the court this week, some journalist asked KM a question, but GM made sure Kate wouldn't have a chance to answer any questions. As for the body language between KM and GM, it's been glaring for many years, when they think that the cameras are off them, that things aren't all they would like us to think they are.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 10.07.14 16:33

Newintown

At Leveson only Leveson himself and Mr Sherborne and Mr Jay used the 'abduction' word, iirc.

istbc.

I know he said 'abduction' OUTSIDE court, he always does.
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 10.07.14 16:41

You can say what you like outside the courts, but lying on oath is a different matter. Does Portugal have some penalty for perjury? It's taken very seriously in the UK.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 10.07.14 16:44

jeanmonroe wrote:Newintown

At Leveson only Leveson himself and Mr Sherborne and Mr Jay used the 'abduction' word, iirc.

istbc.

I know he said 'abduction' OUTSIDE court, he always does.

OK, I got confused.  I thought we were referring to the Libel proceedings and I wasn't sure where Leveson came into it.   smilie 

What does "istbc" mean by the way?  I'm not up to date with internet jargon.  I'm always behind the times.

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top