The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Regist10

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by JackieL 13.06.14 13:37

sombrero wrote:My own take on this is that the reason the Judge has made this decision is because the prospect of an Appeal has to be considered.  Therefore the Judge would want to be seen as totally fair to GM and KM.  

As for the decision often in a court case the court will much prefer one parties evidence over another.

GM and KM nightmare scenario is that the Judge actually states preference for the opinion of GA in that MM died in 5a and that the parents staged an "abduction".  That would be a very bold verdict but there will have to be detailed reasons in the decision.

goodpost
JackieL

Activity : 236

Back to top Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by worriedmum 13.06.14 13:39

Delayed by having to pick up a drunk in the road 100/1
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 13.06.14 13:40

Cristobell wrote:
MRNOODLES wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
fossey wrote:
AndyB wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
I wonder if we should run a book on why they won't turn up on Monday. 

10/1           Gerry has a tummy bug
2/1             Kate too distressed
1000/1       They have been arrested
I'll have £50 on tummy bug, £250 on too distressed and 50p on arrested. You owe me £199.50 :-)

There's also the option of "we've been advised to stay away"
The bookies are pricing up "we've been advised to stay away" at odds of 1/100.

Absolute banker hence the short odds.
Yeh, that needs adding to top the list! lol.

1/100         'We've been advised to stay away'
2/1            Kate too distressed
10/1          Gerry has a tummy bug

Can I have a fiver on the mountains couldn't be moved?
You can, but I might have to do a moolight flit, I already owe Andy £200 quid! Sad

It would be a major publicity coup for them if they do appear in Lisbon and return to the UK 'unarrested'.  The words 'told you so' would dominate the fb page forever more.  See, we are not suspects.  But even if they did, I wouldn't read too much into it, it might just be that their chances of arrest are no different in Portugal to the UK - and the stakes are desperately high, money is involved (not the mortal remains of their daughter) and losing this trial will ruin them.  Apart from the fact that they will have no money to launch further libel actions, the 'gag' will be removed from Goncalo's book and the media will have free rein to publish whatever they want.  Greedy libel claims have led to the downfall of many an arrogant twit.

But this surely won't be the fate of the 'amazing McCanns', will it ?
No, I'm sure the 'poor miserable pair' will be seen as victims once again.
Little school children will bake biscuits this time, to sell to each other to raise money.
Replica benefactors, brushing aside any unanticipated kudos of enormous self promotion and publicity, will offer everything they own, for ever, and old ladies will forgo food for a month and donate their winter heating allowances to the McCs new ocean-going yacht appeal for Fund Number II to help them search for a child that they carelessly lost, since the inept police forces of both Portugal and the UK can't even find her after seven years of looking.  sad 

bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 13.06.14 13:41

jhansigirl wrote:Unable to get a babysitter for the twins - 20/1
heehee.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 13.06.14 13:42

Poe wrote:They've been painted into a corner.

Precisely, of their own doing I may add.

What excuse could they use for not going to Lisbon? They can't blame avoiding the searches - they've finished, or worries about the direction the investigation is taking - they're "pleased".

No excuse whatsoever will be valid to Court.
They disrespect the Judge's decision denying their application.
They desperately wanted to use their sharpened blade on the Defense that they went against her decision, so they'd better appear in front of her, answerable to their appeal action (at the very least) otherwise it wont look good for them, or they will risk the judge sharpening her fountain pen when she writes up her summary.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz_Nomad 13.06.14 13:45

Cristobell wrote:
Tangled Web wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:We'll see IF they turn up in Lisbon next Monday. This quote in the Daily Mail, made me doubt it:

Their lawyer Isabel Duarte said: “I’m hopeful both of them will be able to make it.”

I saw this too and thought the same. The Daily Star says they are 'moving mountains' to attend, but in McSpeak this will probably mean the opposite. They're probably doing all they can to get out of going! However, the media are very cleverly forcing them into it  titter and how refreshing to actual see details of the libel trial in our news. The Times They Are a-changin'. IMO.
Yes, the media do seem to be putting them on the spot!

I wonder if we should run a book on why they won't turn up on Monday. 

10/1           Gerry has a tummy bug
2/1             Kate too distressed

15/1 "The dog ate the paper work"

Activity : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 13.06.14 13:45

PeterMac wrote:
phil_burton wrote:
I am of the opinion that there is an injunction hanging over the media in this country preventing them from implying the mccanns might have been involved in MM's disappearance - nothing else could explain the almost 100% support they receive from all uk outlets.
If so
The Mail have broken it already, by revealing the full text of the graffiti.   The allegation is more than "involved" or 'responsible"
It also goes beyond what Dr Amaral, Tavares de Almeida, or even TB have ever suggested.
But the Telegraph, the Mail, and others, have published it.
And C-R have been silent.  
Licking their wounds and nursing their bank balance.

Good Innit!

They can't instruct C-R to sue a wall.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Empty McCanns Speech to the Court

Post by PeterMac 13.06.14 13:46

Preview of the McCanns’ speech.
Both will say exactly the same thing in accordance with their previous performances.

I am Gerry McCann
I am Kate Marie Healy also known as Kate Marie McCann, also known as Janet Marie James

Right from the start we were totally devastated

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 <a href=McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 4thbir10" />

We were unable to function properly
McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 <a href=McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 T_shir10" />

We threw everything we had into the search -
but not the first day, obviously

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 <a href=McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Leafle10" />

we searched across the world,

Rome,

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 <a href=McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Rome__10" />
Morocco,
and the United States
Public places,
McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 <a href=McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Gk_run10" />

TV studios
McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 <a href=McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Big_gr10" />
Shopping streets
McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 <a href=McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Shoppi10" />
Everywhere.

When the search was wound down we were again, devastated
as I said in my autobiography
“It may sound odd, but in some ways we were glad the investigation had been closed."
(Sorry that must be a misprint, I wanted to say I was devastated)
Here we are - devastated

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 <a href=McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Smilin11" />

When we were named arguido, we vowed to assist in any way we could in this important enquiry
McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 <a href=McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Home10" />

from that moment no one has been searching
(Yes I know -   M3,   Oakley International,  ALFAIG,  but they don't count, because we had to pay for them)

and as I said in my Autobiography, still on sale in all Discount Bookshops
“‘It is a sad fact that not a single police force anywhere is proactively looking for Madeleine”
While she remains missing, the onus is on us to keep looking for her since there is no longer any law-enforcement agency at all actively inquiring into her disappearance. "

Apart from the PJ and Scotland Yard, of course. But they don't count either since they both concluded that Madeleine died in the apartment

And we are always very protective of the twins.
McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 <a href=McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Punch_11" />

So please may we have lots more money, as this coat is getting a bit shabby

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 <a href=McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June - Page 5 Qkatem10" />
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16596

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 13.06.14 13:49

plebgate wrote:Isn't it the case that the judge will be allowed to put questions after any statements made in court?

Oh errrrrr.

Yes she is.

Judge: "So, Mrs McCann, was Madeleine abducted from your unsecured apartment, after your husband was the last person to see her alive in her bed?"

Judge: "And you Mr McCann, was your daughter abducted from your holiday apartment, whilst you were out of sight at the tapas restaurant, or, as your lawyer Ms Durate, has stated in this court, that is only your thesis?"

Judge: "Please, would both of you, state, for the court, remembering you are both under oath, that your daughter Madeleine was abducted and was, therefore, the subject of an abduction"

KM: "Oh shurrup, ya f**king t*sser, because I know. I was there, I found my daughter gone. I know more than you do. I know what I saw".

"Yes Mr McCann?"

GM: " i'd like to add the following, m'lady, where... where, you know... where is... where... where is... where is... where is the child? We're looking for that evidence. Where is the child? What other explanation can explain how she's not here?"

Judge: "What OTHER explanation, indeed, can explain how she's not here? She is called Madeleine, Mr McCann. As to your question about what OTHER explanation can there be to explain how Madeleine's not here, now that's a question. Can you think of any OTHER explanation as to why your daughter Madeleine is not here?"
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 13.06.14 13:52

fossey wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:We'll see IF they turn up in Lisbon next Monday. This quote in the Daily Mail, made me doubt it:

Their lawyer Isabel Duarte said: “I’m hopeful both of them will be able to make it.”
If their lawyer is only HOPEFUL then i'm pretty sure that they WON'T be turning up..

They were desperate to appear in person when they made the application and the appeal, move mountain so to speak, in order to be allowed to speak yet they may not attend ? They must be joking....
So did the "digs' put fear into them that they now procrastinate 'to go or not to go'?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by DonNewbery 13.06.14 13:53

Does anyone here think there's a possibility of the worst case scenario (I'm saying this because I am really fearful that things could go horribly wrong): that MI5 and the British govt have somehow managed to pressurize the judge in advance in coming out in favour of the McCann's i.e that it's already been 'stitched up', in effect, for all time. And the McCann's have already been told this, which is why they are going out to Lisbon with such apparent confidence. Is there any chance of this ghastly scenario taking place??
DonNewbery

Activity : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 13.06.14 13:55

PeterMac and jeanmonro, both brilliant.  big grin big grin big grin 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 13.06.14 13:59

bobbin wrote:PeterMac and jeanmonro, both brilliant.  big grin big grin big grin 
Brilliant indeed.   Haven't laughed so hard in a while, not even at my own jokes. titter 

@JeanM   -   oh errrr, oh errr, oh errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 13.06.14 14:04

plebgate wrote:Isn't it the case that the judge will be allowed to put questions after any statements made in court?

Oh errrrrr.

Sure, the Judge has every power to question them or ask them to clarify any matter on records or new statement.
Cross examination by lawyers is not allowed.
Clarification needed by other side must be addressed to and through the Judge.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 13.06.14 14:04

aiyoyo wrote:
aquila wrote:from today's DM - even a quote from Clarrie

'It reinforces our belief that she could be alive': Madeleine McCann's parents are positive after no evidence is found of her death so far in new investigation

• Detectives have finished eight-day search around Praia da Luz, Portugal
  • Kate and Gerry McCann say they still believe their child could still be alive
  • 'We're encouraged that despite the intensive searches, no trace of Madeleine has been found and this reinforces our belief she could still be alive'
  • Couple are flying to Portugal for libel case of disgraced Portuguese detective
  • Police chief Goncalo Amaral claimed the couple murdered their daughter
  • Madeleine, three, from Rothley, Leicestershire, vanished during 2007 holiday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2656222/It-reinforces-belief-alive-Madeleine-McCanns-parents-positive-no-evidence-death-far-new-investigation.html#ixzz34RmTfYjX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The massive search operation would not have gone unheard nor the implications of it gone unnoticed by the Judge.
Have no doubt "We're encouraged that despite the intensive searches, no trace of Madeleine has been found and this reinforces our belief she could still be alive" will be repeated in their statement in Court.

I predict their statements would just be emotional ones (and not factual ones) that will be of absolutely no merits of legal value for the case.  The facts were left to, and covered by their lawyer - that's the whole point of engaging lawyer ie for their expertise.

They must be dead desperate and determined to have the last say that they took the unusual step of appealing against the judge's rejection decision.  Their statements had better bear some value useful to help their case, else it would be their own goal as they cannot attribute the lost to not given the chance to speak.
I have always thought them megalomaniacs, and this dramatic gesture reinforces it.  Perhaps they believe their own publicity, that it is in fact only a few oddballs on the internet who don't believe them, the world loves them just as much as it did in the glorious summer of 2007.  That they are risking the trip to Portugal shows how desperate they are imo.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 13.06.14 14:04

Waiting for hours for her GREEN and YELLOW nail varnish to bloody dry.......56/1

Had to pop into building society to make mortgage payments from donations to the search fund...................1,000,000/1

(they cleared their mortgage imo, via the 'fund', years ago)
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames 13.06.14 14:05

jhansigirl wrote:Unable to get a babysitter for the twins - 20/1

I'd want much longer odds on this - arrangements for the children have never stopped them before from tapas meals to worldwide trips.
rustyjames

Activity : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 13.06.14 14:12

Our passports are in the passport office.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 13.06.14 14:13

No flights 50/1

No flights from East Midland to Lisbon
You have to fly from Liverpewl,
And there are loads,
Out Sunday, € 65
back Wednesday € 76

Charge it to the "Fund" Some poor OAP will pick up the tab
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 13.06.14 14:15

aiyoyo wrote:

Sure, the Judge has every power to question them or ask them to clarify any matter on records or new statement.
Cross examination by lawyers is not allowed.
Clarification needed by other side must be addressed to and through the Judge.

So they maybe asked, by the Judge, to clarify, (oh, the irony) on oath, that 'Madeleine was abducted' and 'Madeleine was subjected to an abduction'

I'm all EARS!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 13.06.14 14:18

bobbin wrote:PeterMac and jeanmonro, both brilliant.  big grin big grin big grin 

Hopefully, Defense lawyer would present the slide images showing their "devastation" just ahead of closing summary.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 13.06.14 14:19

aquila wrote:Our passports are in the passport office.

Surprisingly not as far fetched as you might think
Gerry's passport expires Sept 2014, so he could have been thinking ahead and sent it off . . .
Worth a try anyway
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 13.06.14 14:22

PeterMac wrote:
aquila wrote:Our passports are in the passport office.

Surprisingly not as far fetched as you might think
Gerry's passport expires Sept 2014, so he could have been thinking ahead and sent it off . . .
Worth a try anyway
I remembered the expiry date  Wink
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks 13.06.14 14:23

SY go digging in Praia Da Luz on the 3rd June for eight days (wonder why this time?) They are looking for evidence that Madeleine may have been killed and her body buried in the area . This comes after reviewing the case files and also the public appeal for new information. They don't find any evidence of a body. SY go home.

The McCann's come out to say," see, we told you that there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Madeleine has come to any harm.

The libel trail starts Monday 16th.

Umm....now if I were a conspiracy theorist.......

Activity : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 13.06.14 14:24

jeanmonroe wrote:Waiting for hours for her GREEN and YELLOW nail varnish to bloody dry.......56/1

Had to pop into building society to make mortgage payments from donations to the search fund...................1,000,000/1

(they cleared their mortgage imo, via the 'fund', years ago)
Please tell me the green and yellow nail varnish is not true?

I wonder if their home is at risk with this legal action?  It certainly would be if it were in the UK.  I have never been able to establish whether legal costs are awarded to the winning party in Portugal.  In the UK, the McCanns would be liable for the costs of Goncalo and the two other defendants. 

For whatever reason, the McCanns were able to seize Goncalo's assets in lieu of the damages they were claiming.  One would imagine therefore that the McCanns may have had to put up a substantial amount of money, to cover whatever is awarded against them, in the event of their losing.  I'm guessing here btw, and hope one of our legally minded posters may be able to clarify.  As I see it, the Portuguese courts must ask for some form of security from non Portuguese residents before permitting a case of this size to go ahead.  Isabel must be working on a retain, imo, the McCanns have invested everything in winning this case.

Their losses will have to come from somewhere, and it may be the final straw for the last of their supporters if they use the Search Fund to pay off their legal vendetta against Goncalo Amaral.  Imo, the costs will go into millions.  Do the McCanns have that much money in the Fund?  Do they have that much money personally?  Kate hasn't worked for years.  I think if they don't win this case, it will ruin them financially.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top