The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June Mm11

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June Regist10

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June Empty McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by haroldd2 17.06.14 9:56

What are they annoyed about? They've now got more time to persuade Madeleine's legal guardian, the English High Court, to back the part of the Portuguese libel claim that they entered on her behalf.

Meanwhile the Brooks-Coulson jury is still out...
haroldd2

Activity : 274

Back to top Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by Guest 17.06.14 10:00

fossey wrote:McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June BqR-ARoCYAAfaWM

A woman "facing" cremation? Does that sound just plain wrong to anybody else, or is it just me?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June Empty Re: McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June

Post by Miraflores 17.06.14 10:02

haroldd2 wrote:What are they annoyed about? They've now got more time to persuade Madeleine's legal guardian, the English High Court, to back the part of the Portuguese libel claim that they entered on her behalf.

Meanwhile the Brooks-Coulson jury is still out...

My reading was that this permission could not be obtained retrospectively; they have to produce the permission dated before the action started. They can't go back to the judge and get her to say that she would have given permission if she had been asked.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.06.14 10:03

Clay: it does rather sound as if she wasn't dead at the time - now that's a horrible thought!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 17.06.14 10:10

That Mirror story is the only one I've seen that uses the 'disgraced cop' mantra....but isn't it a good thing that his allegaton is making the front page?

It's ironic that the McCann's thought they were silencing Amaral through the trial but now even more 'vile' allegations are being repeated in the press.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 17.06.14 10:13

ChippyM wrote:That Mirror story is the only one I've seen that uses the 'disgraced cop' mantra....but isn't it a good thing that his allegaton is making the front page?

It's ironic that the McCann's thought they were silencing Amaral through the trial but now even more 'vile' allegations are being repeated in the press.
the liverpool echo article I posted earlier on this thread uses the 'disgraced cop ' mantra and the source close to the couple makes some rather erm libellous comments against Amaral .
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 17.06.14 10:16

Hicks wrote:It is so unfair that SNR Amaral has had to endure all of this. Two parents who abandon their children whilst on holiday in his country, and they are trying to make it his fault. I'm feeling really cross about all of this today!!

This man was just doing his job, arriving at the conclusions with the evidence that was laid before him. There was ever need for him to write a book to defend himself, after all, he was thrown out of his job, reputation destroyed, life ruined.

If, god forbid, this trial does not go his way then I for one would be prepared to donate to his cause.

I always remember the video of GA looking around the apartment and explaining where the dogs had alerted etc etc. But it was when he went out onto the balcony and looked across at the distant tapas bar that he revealed the single most galvanising fact that first made him suspect the pair. Not his exact words but close: when I knew that the mother had abandoned the two remaining children to the mercy of an abductor to go and inform the others at the tapas bar, it was then I knew something was wrong with this account.

And that is the bottom line isn't it?  Even if you can bring yourself to believe any of the other guff dished up by this pair, you have to be an utter idiot to swallow that one.

What a pity this vital piece of the puzzle is artfully left out of every account in the British press.

And for stating the bleeding obvious, GA was leapt on by a pack of hounds who wanted to silence him.

The only way this man stands a chance now is by sending the pair down a carefully laid decoy, by and through which they will reveal their true personae to the public and thereby drag the truth from their own unscripted lips. Only they can say it in the end - when they run out of road.

And if they had ever considered their children at all they would have moved heaven and earth to protect the twins from this inevitable damage. But that is the measure of them as parents all along, isn't it?
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 17.06.14 10:18

ChippyM wrote:
View-from-Ireland wrote:I am not sure I like the way this is developing.

Why would he entertain the notion of settling out of court or have I missed something?

Where does it say that he is entertaining that notion View-from-Ireland?  Thanks.

I was responding to HelenMeg's post on that page. Maybe I misread the last paragraph, hope I did. 

I too would happily donate, GA has been treated appallingly. His crime? Doing his job properly.

View-from-Ireland

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 17.06.14 10:18

frost wrote:
ChippyM wrote:That Mirror story is the only one I've seen that uses the 'disgraced cop' mantra....but isn't it a good thing that his allegaton is making the front page?

the liverpool echo article I posted earlier on this thread uses the 'disgraced cop ' mantra and the source close to the couple makes some rather erm libellous comments against Amaral .

You're right it does. It's funny how the source says Amaral has been making these false claims since he was sacked....so anything he claimed when he was still on the case was true then.....which is what the book is based on you numpty!   big grin
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 17.06.14 10:20

View-from-Ireland wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
View-from-Ireland wrote:I am not sure I like the way this is developing.

Why would he entertain the notion of settling out of court or have I missed something?

Where does it say that he is entertaining that notion View-from-Ireland?  Thanks.

I was responding to HelenMeg's post on that page. Maybe I misread the last paragraph, hope I did. 

I too would happily donate, GA has been treated appallingly. His crime? Doing his job properly.

Oh Ok thanks. I will be donating too!
ChippyM

Back to top Go down

Post by MaybeMaybenot 17.06.14 10:26

http://m.download.cnet.com/Lie-Detector-Advanced-free/3000-31711_4-10905644.html

Maybe we could run some comments of theirs through this software, or maybe not  big grin
MaybeMaybenot

Activity : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 17.06.14 10:28

Just before all this erupted yesterday, I was sitting here thinking, if only there was a way to trip up the McCanns, the way it happens on tv, where you have suspects who have managed to control the story all the way through with a carefully manufactured facade. On TV, the police often get the suspects into court and then, with some skillful lawyering, manage to rattle their cages so that their true personalities come out and the jury can see their true natures, and thus, see through the facades.

Well, ladies and gents, I think that's exactly what happened yesterday. GA managed to rattle their cages, and we - and the assembled media - were able to see the facade drop and the real personalities come to the forefront. And what did we see? A couple of selfish people who care more about the fact that they were upstaged than anything to do with their child. Two people who, when thrown off-script, are completely ineffective and utterly without a single original thought between them. Drop the masks, part the curtains, and what do you see? A couple of pipsqueaks whose toys were taken away and whose only recourse was to throw a temper tantrum.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 17.06.14 10:28

I think so too Chippy.  The Mirror 'coffin' headline is devastating, especially after the fruitless excavations.  The McCanns must be in turmoil right now, all the news reports mentioned Goncalo's book, and some even held it up and pointed out that it was a bestseller.  Clarence asked the news desks not to repeat Goncalo's allegations, but the cat was by then well and truly out of the bag.  As Goncalo once said 'things are not going well for the McCanns'.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 17.06.14 10:30

Miraflores wrote:
haroldd2 wrote:What are they annoyed about? They've now got more time to persuade Madeleine's legal guardian, the English High Court, to back the part of the Portuguese libel claim that they entered on her behalf.
My reading was that this permission could not be obtained retrospectively; they have to produce the permission dated before the action started. They can't go back to the judge and get her to say that she would have given permission if she had been asked.
You may well be right, but I would be interested to know for certain. MBM's actual guardian might argue that a libel action brought on her behalf by two people who do not have the authority should not deprive her actual guardian of the right to bring such an action.
haroldd2

Activity : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 17.06.14 10:34

Cristobell wrote:

I think so too Chippy.  The Mirror 'coffin' headline is devastating, especially after the fruitless excavations.  The McCanns must be in turmoil right now, all the news reports mentioned Goncalo's book, and some even held it up and pointed out that it was a bestseller.  Clarence asked the news desks not to repeat Goncalo's allegations, but the cat was by then well and truly out of the bag.  As Goncalo once said 'things are not going well for the McCanns'.

What I find interesting is that the coffin story came directly from interviews that GA did with the Portuguese press, not the English press. And yet the English papers are running with the story - which proves that they do, in fact, monitor the Portuguese papers. So now that GA has their attention, he may be able to continue to keep his name and the story in the English papers by continuing to release information like this - shock tactics, but it's what keeps the MSM happy.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 17.06.14 10:34

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
fossey wrote:McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June BqR-ARoCYAAfaWM

A woman "facing" cremation? Does that sound just plain wrong to anybody else, or is it just me?

Facing cremation definitely sounds wrong, Clay. It is akin to the use of a euphemism.  The Mirror's Kevin Maguire was on Sky newspaper reviews last night with the DM's Andrew Pearce, and the two of them were like pantomime dames pulling shock horror faces at such a suggestion and went with the Goncalo bashing. The anchor lady was very stumbling and awkward. She passed over it rapidly with a lot of errs and erms.

Facing something. That is usually associated with an ordeal. Well the ordeal is non-existent if you are no longer sentient.
Facing something - you are head on physically. The head of the coffin facing the furnace door.
Facing something - but not a fait accompli. An incompletion  - something that was ordained but maybe not carried through
Facing something - bound for. En route.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by heinzbeanz 17.06.14 10:36

Newintown wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:
heinzbeanz wrote:I have a question. 
When Gerry and then Kate said GA has done this 'four times'..... is that true? 

I cannot find mention of GA postponing anything when they have arrived in portugal for the trial, except obviously  today. 
Also it really irks me that Kate said 'about four times'. Either it is four times or it isn't.  That's what got me pondering this matter. 

Thanks

I honestly don't know the answer to that, but I believe in the last few days I have read here the M's have delayed the trial once (at the beginning?) and also asked for the judgment to be delayed till September?

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will post soon.

As far as I can remember, GA's lawyer was taken ill and had to go into hospital, then later on I think the lawyer's son was injured at school and he had to rush from the Court room to be with him, then the Judge postponed the case another time because she was called away on a personal matter, then the McCanns delayed because they were trying to go for an out of Court settlement with GA.

The McCanns have always been disingenuous and will twist anything to make themselves look good and others devious.

How they can blame GA for his lawyer being rushed into hospital, then his lawyer's son being injured at school, then the Judge having to deal with a personal problem is anyone's guess, but as long as it makes them look like saints, they'll say anything.  If there were 4 delays they were obviously even blaming GA for them having to try for an out of court settlement.

ETA: Then of course there was the WOC issue, which I think postponed another trial, so that could be 5 times in total.

Thank you to everyone who attempted to answer my question. 

So it is as I suspected.  More McSpin. 

The gall of this pair knows no bounds it seems. I am so glad the world got a good view of their unrehearsed , unscripted true colours.
heinzbeanz

Activity : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 17.06.14 10:40

McCanns to appear in libel trial on Monday 16 June BqR-ARoCYAAfaWM[/quote]

And just look at all the other headlines on this page - another case of sly editorial comment?
Top left - Back from the Dead
Top right - Mini Wars
Middle of the page - All the tips, form and colours for the first day!
Very clever, I think.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 17.06.14 10:41

canada12 wrote:Just before all this erupted yesterday, I was sitting here thinking, if only there was a way to trip up the McCanns, the way it happens on tv, where you have suspects who have managed to control the story all the way through with a carefully manufactured facade. On TV, the police often get the suspects into court and then, with some skillful lawyering, manage to rattle their cages so that their true personalities come out and the jury can see their true natures, and thus, see through the facades.

Well, ladies and gents, I think that's exactly what happened yesterday. GA managed to rattle their cages, and we - and the assembled media - were able to see the facade drop and the real personalities come to the forefront. And what did we see? A couple of selfish people who care more about the fact that they were upstaged than anything to do with their child. Two people who, when thrown off-script, are completely ineffective and utterly without a single original thought between them. Drop the masks, part the curtains, and what do you see? A couple of pipsqueaks whose toys were taken away and whose only recourse was to throw a temper tantrum.
Reminds me a bit of that great scene in 'A Few Good Men' and the classic 'you can't handle the truth' moment.  The lawyer winds up the witness so much that he responds in anger and gives the lawyer the answer he wanted.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 17.06.14 10:48

Cristobell wrote:
canada12 wrote:Just before all this erupted yesterday, I was sitting here thinking, if only there was a way to trip up the McCanns, the way it happens on tv, where you have suspects who have managed to control the story all the way through with a carefully manufactured facade. On TV, the police often get the suspects into court and then, with some skillful lawyering, manage to rattle their cages so that their true personalities come out and the jury can see their true natures, and thus, see through the facades.

Reminds me a bit of that great scene in 'A Few Good Men' and the classic 'you can't handle the truth' moment.  The lawyer winds up the witness so much that he responds in anger and gives the lawyer the answer he wanted.

I think that's almost what we got. :-)
I wonder what else GA has up his sleeve. I really hope there's more, and this was just the beginning of a well-thought out strategy.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 17.06.14 11:05

A friend of mine on reading the mirror " cremated the body " that's why the police did not find her ."
Job done. On reflection It was a masterstroke. but when and only when he wins and has his assets returned should he play his ace .
He clearly does not trust SY and the PA hence his going it alone so to speak .
what we also learned yesterday is she is quite mad he a cold control freak.
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by stargazer59 17.06.14 11:09

stillsloppingout wrote:A friend of mine on reading the mirror " cremated the body " that's why the police did not find her ."
Job done. On reflection It was a masterstroke. but when and only when he wins and has his assets returned should he play his ace .
Their masks certainly dropped without Mitchell to guide them! Wink
stargazer59

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 17.06.14 11:15

stargazer59 wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:A friend of mine on reading the mirror " cremated the body " that's why the police did not find her ."
Their masks certainly dropped without Mitchell to guide them! Wink
Agreed and also without Duarte there to calm them. Where was she? Still inside the courthouse?

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 17.06.14 11:17

Just a thought, but I wonder if the Met took advantage of the fact that Kate and Gerry were both away and very distracted, to have a look around Rothley Towers. I'm guessing they'd need a search warrant to enter, and they'd need a distinct reason for conducting the search, but if they were able to obtain one, then they'd be able to enter legally, regardless of who was there "caretaking" in their absence. And we'd not likely hear about it from Team McCann, as it would be entirely detrimental to their cause to tell us of such occurrences...
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 17.06.14 11:19

I'm not sure I agree with the first sentence. We all saw how the McCanns reacted yesterday - and so must SY. Perhaps GA acted with SY's approval?

espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top