The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Philip Edmonds, Deputy Chairman of Stemcor, and nephew of Lady Margaret Hodge - Pictures of Madeleine, and the letters between Tony Bennett & Philip Edmonds in 2011

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Philip Edmonds, Deputy Chairman of Stemcor, and nephew of Lady Margaret Hodge - Pictures of Madeleine, and the letters between Tony Bennett & Philip Edmonds in 2011

Post by Verdi on 14.02.17 20:53

Tony Bennett wrote:Philip.edmonds@stemcor.com
To: ajsbennett@btinternet.com
16 Aug 2011 
Subject: Madeleine McCann
To: "ajsbennett@btinternet.com" ajsbennett@btinternet.com
 Date: Tuesday, 16 August, 2011, 8:22

Dear Mr Bennett,

I am in receipt of your letter of 22 July regarding Madeleine McCann. I am sure you would appreciate that it would not be appropriate for me to comment too much, as we do not know each other, and I have no idea what your connection to the case is. However, I would also not want further conspiracy theories to fester by simply ignoring your letter.

Therefore, I can confirm that whatever information I had (including some photos of my sons taken on the day Madeleine disappeared, which showed her in the background) was passed both to the police and to the McCanns at the time. Having been in Portugal at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance and seen all of the events first hand, there is not one shred of doubt in my mind that the events as reported were correct. In fact one of the most terrible parts of this tragedy is that there are people out there who are questioning this, just adding further to the nightmare that the McCann family have suffered. I cannot imagine anything crueller.

I’m afraid I won’t enter into further correspondence on this matter with you. 

Yours sincerely,

Philip Edmonds
There lies the key.  A still tongue makes a wise head.

He didn't need to reply to you, he could have ignored your communication.  Why did he reply if not to say those few incriminating words and then conclude with a toss of the head "I'm afraid I won't enter into further correspondence on this matter with you".

cutthroat

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Philip Edmonds, Deputy Chairman of Stemcor, and nephew of Lady Margaret Hodge - Pictures of Madeleine, and the letters between Tony Bennett & Philip Edmonds in 2011

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.02.17 21:14

Verdi wrote:
16 Aug 2011 

Dear Mr Bennett,

I am in receipt of your letter of 22 July regarding Madeleine McCann. I am sure you would appreciate that it would not be appropriate for me to comment too much, as we do not know each other, and I have no idea what your connection to the case is. However, I would also not want further conspiracy theories to fester by simply ignoring your letter.

Therefore, I can confirm that whatever information I had (including some photos of my sons taken on the day Madeleine disappeared, which showed her in the background) was passed both to the police and to the McCanns at the time. Having been in Portugal at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance and seen all of the events first hand, there is not one shred of doubt in my mind that the events as reported were correct. In fact one of the most terrible parts of this tragedy is that there are people out there who are questioning this, just adding further to the nightmare that the McCann family have suffered. I cannot imagine anything crueller.

Yours sincerely,

Philip Edmonds

He didn't need to reply to you, he could have ignored your communication.  Why did he reply if not to say those few incriminating words and then conclude with a toss of the head "I'm afraid I won't enter into further correspondence on this matter with you".

cutthroat

Exactly right, @ Verdi.

Don't forget, it was a good bit of sleuthing (not by me) on CMOMM, six years back, that deduced that Philip Edmonds was the bloke being talked about in the newspaper article, which only referred to 'a man on holiday with his three boys'.

Someone (might have been 'Stella'/'StellabyStarlight', she was very good at this sort of thing) then went to work to deduce who that could be...and only one person matched that description - Philip Edmonds.

Then others (again not me) went to work and established...his exalted position in international steel company Stemcor...and his being the nephew of Lady Margaret Hodge and a member of the great Oppenheimer dynasty. 

Then I dug out the Stemcor addresses and wrote the letter.

You are dead right, he could have thrown my letter in the waste paper basket and that would have been that.

I think it's clear from his letter that Edmonds was saying (though he didn't mean to)...

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 14.02.17 23:53

Tony Bennett wrote:
Verdi wrote:
16 Aug 2011 

Dear Mr Bennett,

Yours sincerely,

Philip Edmonds

cutthroat

Exactly right, @ Verdi.

Don't forget, it was a good bit of sleuthing (not by me) on CMOMM, six years back, that deduced that Philip Edmonds was the bloke being talked about in the newspaper article, which only referred to 'a man on holiday with his three boys'.

Someone (might have been 'Stella'/'StellabyStarlight', she was very good at this sort of thing) then went to work to deduce who that could be...and only one person matched that description - Philip Edmonds.

Then others (again not me) went to work and established...his exalted position in international steel company Stemcor...and his being the nephew of Lady Margaret Hodge and a member of the great Oppenheimer dynasty. 

You are dead right, he could have thrown my letter in the waste paper basket and that would have been that.

I think it's clear from his letter that Edmonds was saying (though he didn't mean to)...

Add to that, remembering his missive to you was sent in August 2011, he says..

"I would also not want further conspiracy theories to fester by simply ignoring your letter."

That indicates to me that he'd been following the case, how else would he know about conspiracy theories?  What would it matter to him anyway - a well connected man of business surely has more pressing issues to occupy his mind than the story of a couple of non-entities who were careless enough to lose one of their children.

Plus:   "I can confirm that whatever information I had (including some photos of my sons taken on the day Madeleine disappeared, which showed her in the background) was passed both to the police and to the McCanns at the time".

Was passed both to the police and to the McCanns at the time?  What time - before or after he left Praia da Luz on Friday 4th May?  Why would it occur to him, merely holidaying with his children, that he might/would/did have photographs of his children with Madeleine in the background taken on the day she disappeared?  Why would it occur to him to pass photographs to the police and the McCanns at the time?   Ostensibly, if their story is to believed, the McCanns knew that Madeleine was around so why would they need photographic evidence of that?

Where are the photographs?  Why is this potentially vital information not featured anywhere in the PJ files - not even his name?  Why wasn't he interviewed as a witness having taken a pivotal role upon himself?  The Foster family information is in the files, they volunteered photographic footage - why not this bloke?

Researcher/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tennison on 15.02.17 5:51

Tony Bennett wrote:
Verdi wrote:
16 Aug 2011 

Dear Mr Bennett,

Yours sincerely,

Philip Edmonds

cutthroat

Exactly right, @ Verdi.

I believe this is the discussion thread you are referring to Tony.
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3471-would-this-account-for-the-unprecedented-high-level-of-political-support
Tennison

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.02.17 7:50

Some research I did a few years ago on Philip Edmonds' family background:

---------------

One of the Ocean Club guests, one Philip Martin Edwards, has a fascinating family history. Born on 31 August 1962 according to his entry on Geni.Com, he married Reina Hazenberg and they have three boys, all of whom were out with Philip in Praia da Luz the week the McCanns were there. But not his wife Reina, so it seems.

Visit the website of Stemcor.com, the world's largest steel company, with a turnover measured in billions, and Philip's name again comes up as one of the Board of Directors.

How did Philip Edmonds get so far? A clue is apparent from the same Stemcor.com website: Philip’s Uncle Ralph - Ralph Oppenheimer - is also on the Stemcor Board.

Indeed, Stemcor, as a brief internet search reveals, is an Oppenheimer family business.

All this has come about because Philip's father, Herbert Edmonds, made a wise choice in marrying into the Oppenheimer family. Hannah was the eldest of five children of Hans Oppenheimer and his wife Lisbeth Hollitscher, an Austrian Jewess. Hans was born in Stuttgart, but fled to Alexandria in the mid-1930s, as Hitler's anti-Semitic Nazi regime was stepping up its persecution of Jews, in the lead-up to World War II.

His first four children, including Hannah, were all born in Alexandria, Egypt.

His third child is possibly of most interest to us here in Britain; she was born Margaret Eve Oppenheimer, on 8 September 1944.

In the 1980s, she did two things that made her famous (or infamous). She married Sir Henry Hodge, a left-wing lawyer, and became known as Margaret Hodge. And she became a prominent Labour Councillor in left-wing Islington, where she became notorious for covering up extensive child abuse in what became known as the 'Islington Children's Home Scandal', fully exposed in the 1990s (there's a lot about this on the internet).

In 2003, despite this appalling record, Prime Minister Tony Blair made her Britain's first-ever 'Minister for Children'!

Lady Hodge inherited a substantial slice of the Oppenheimer fortune, and is one of Britain's wealthiest women; despite that, she claimed excessive Parliamentary expenses from us, the British taxpayers.

Philip Edmonds’ father- and mother-in-law aged 81 and 74 respectively live in Bromley, Kent. Hannah's father Hans was the son of Salomon Oppenheimer, born 1871 in Ohringen, west Germany, and in turn Salomon is the son of Abraham Oppenheimer, who in turn was the son of another Abraham Oppenheimer, from one of the many branches of this powerful family.

Edmonds is not an English name, it's an anglicised version of the German Emsheimer. Philip Edmonds' father, Herbert Emsheimer, was born in Karlsruhe, Germany, in 1930, and the family changed their name to Edmonds on arriving in England.

Why Philip Edmonds should choose Praia da Luz as his choice of holiday venue for the week 28 April to 5 May 2007 is not known.

ETA:

The Oppenheimer family tree

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 15.02.17 13:06

If PÉ saw events first hand, when was this ? 
And how? 
Did he report what he " saw" to the PJ? 

Did he search for Madeleine, when did he search for Madeleine? On the plane or off, as didn't he fly out of PDL pronto?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande Finale on 17.02.17 3:35

If PE gave a photograph of his sons to "Police" which showed Maddie in the background, then why does this photo not appear in the PJ files ??

Which police did he give it to ?

A A PJ Officer
B British Police Officer
C Mccann Pretendy Police
Grande Finale

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum