The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Latest interview with Dr Amaral - copied from Joana Morais - with thanks - Page 23 Mm11

Latest interview with Dr Amaral - copied from Joana Morais - with thanks - Page 23 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Latest interview with Dr Amaral - copied from Joana Morais - with thanks - Page 23 Mm11

Latest interview with Dr Amaral - copied from Joana Morais - with thanks - Page 23 Regist10

Latest interview with Dr Amaral - copied from Joana Morais - with thanks

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest interview with Dr Amaral - copied from Joana Morais - with thanks - Page 23 Empty Re: Latest interview with Dr Amaral - copied from Joana Morais - with thanks

Post by CynicAl 12.06.14 20:52

Newintown wrote:
aquila wrote:AndyB wrote

"Its very disappointing because I had hoped you'd engage in discussion and challenge my theories (all of which are precisely that - theories, not religious beliefs like you claim) but unfortunately you won't allow the discussion to even start. It seems your purpose for being here is not to join in debate but to patronise and belittle those with whom you disagree. Fair enough, its a free world and you're entitled to express yourself in anyway you see fit irrespective of the offence that you cause but I hope that the admins here will not allow you to stifle any debate or to suppress any view points just because you disagree with those views or have a dislike of conspiracy theories. You've certainly stopped me commenting much in the future - life's too short for the abuse"

@Andyb - if you look there's something of the religious about CynicAl's posts - it's The Word According to CynicAl (TWAC) which says "Thou shalt have no other opinion than mine, I have a lot of followers, they even congratulate me by private message". It also says "If you disagree with me you are delusional and I will cast ye down with a thousand words'.

As for stopping you commenting much in the future AndyB, you'll find quite a few people can't be bothered to comment on this thread. There's little point. CynicAl has achieved the ultimate with his diatribe and will no doubt be congratulating himself.

I expect that was the whole point of his long diatribes, to stifle discussion.  However, if you ignore all of his posts, as if they never happened, life can carry on as it was on the forum.   laughat

So, does that make you foolish, since all my 'long diatribes' have done nothing except PROMOTE discussion, and I've done nothing but play along and discuss?
CynicAl

Activity : 181

Back to top Go down

Latest interview with Dr Amaral - copied from Joana Morais - with thanks - Page 23 Empty Re: Latest interview with Dr Amaral - copied from Joana Morais - with thanks

Post by Newintown 12.06.14 20:53

Candyfloss, isn't this topic going way off errrr topic, or is that CynicAl's agenda?  He/she seems to have taken over at the moment, and distrupting threads.  You even mentioned that yourself yesterday that he/she's long-winded posts are distruptive.

Shoot me down in flames if you want, it's not my forum that's going down the pan, I can always get on with my housework or gardening if the forum ceases to exist in the near future.   big grin

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia 12.06.14 20:56

Cynicalal, what do you make of the British Ambassador's phone call to the head of the PJ in Lisbon the night of May 3???

Praia

Activity : 410

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 12.06.14 20:59

CynicAl wrote:
Newintown wrote:

"Its very disappointing because I had hoped you'd engage in discussion and challenge my theories (all of which are precisely that - theories, not religious beliefs like you claim) but unfortunately you won't allow the discussion to even start. It seems your purpose for being here is not to join in debate but to patronise and belittle those with whom you disagree. Fair enough, its a free world and you're entitled to express yourself in anyway you see fit irrespective of the offence that you cause but I hope that the admins here will not allow you to stifle any debate or to suppress any view points just because you disagree with those views or have a dislike of conspiracy theories. You've certainly stopped me commenting much in the future - life's too short for the abuse"

@Andyb - if you look there's something of the religious about CynicAl's posts - it's The Word According to CynicAl (TWAC) which says "Thou shalt have no other opinion than mine, I have a lot of followers, they even congratulate me by private message". It also says "If you disagree with me you are delusional and I will cast ye down with a thousand words'.

As for stopping you commenting much in the future AndyB, you'll find quite a few people can't be bothered to comment on this thread. There's little point. CynicAl has achieved the ultimate with his diatribe and will no doubt be congratulating himself.

I expect that was the whole point of his long diatribes, to stifle discussion.  However, if you ignore all of his posts, as if they never happened, life can carry on as it was on the forum.   laughat

So, does that make you foolish, since all my 'long diatribes' have done nothing except PROMOTE discussion, and I've done nothing but play along and discuss?
Cast me aside CynicAl, keep going, you just concentrate on getting your message out there. You keep going and 'promoting' discussion. Obviously your idea of discussion differs from mine but I do so enjoy your posts.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 12.06.14 21:02

SixMillionQuid wrote:From what I've gathered political interference during the course of an investigation, resulting the forced removal of the lead investigator, does not amount to a conspiracy. Really!!?

To conspire: To plan together secretly to commit an illegal or wrongful act or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.

It doesn't need every single person in every organisation to conspire to achieve an objective - just a few in right places. And as we know some people have stuck their noses in, especially with witnesses, while the investigation was still ongoing in Portugal.

Political 'interference' is actually not illegal. It is not a crime. It is a legislative consideration of the prerogative of the state.

If the Queen decides to interrupt some proceedings, delay them, or instruct some changes which do not affect the actual outcome of a case, good luck prosecuting her for 'illegal conspiracy.' Political interference can delay a court case, it can call for other considerations to be presented. More to the point, political 'interference', the EXACT SAME TYPE of political interference can be put to good use, putting pressure on Sudan to release a woman sentenced to death for not being a Muslim, to put pressure on Iran to release Christians incarcerated for their faith, to require nations to delay plans or alter the course of events for a more favourabe outcome. That's politics. It isn't unreasonable, it isn't illegal, and it isn't automatically insidious and dark and rubbing its hands with glee over the death of a little girl in bizarre circumstances.

You've no idea what a working example of conspiracy actually is, do you?

You're not talking about 'conspiracy', you're still talking about 'Conspiracy Theory.'

If some people have 'stuck their noses in' and you call that criminal conspiracy, what the monkey nuts did they actually change? The investigation is still ongoing in two countries by two police forces, having been dormant for five years. The evidence is still in the same files it always was. The published documents are still published like they always were. Delays in the process are NOT illegal. They are NOT criminal. They are not a 'cover up', because for something to be a cover up it has to have been taken away. Nothing has been spirited off into the ether. The parents are still as much in the frame as they always were. The media are still champing at the bit to crucify them. So what is missing? Except that your impatience and unreasonable demands for instantaneous information and summary justice is fuelling a hyperactive imagination and making you see bogeymen where there are perfectly conventional villains to account for.
CynicAl

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 12.06.14 21:03

Praia wrote:Cynicalal, what do you make of the British Ambassador's phone call to the head of the PJ in Lisbon the night of May 3???

You tell me what he said, and I'll tell you what I make of it.

More to the point, why don't you tell me what YOU think I should make of it.
CynicAl

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 12.06.14 21:06

aquila wrote:
CynicAl wrote:
Newintown wrote:

Cast me aside CynicAl, keep going, you just concentrate on getting your message out there. You keep going and 'promoting' discussion. Obviously your idea of discussion differs from mine but I do so enjoy your posts.

I thought you were supposed to be ignoring me? Why not go and haunt someone else?
CynicAl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.06.14 21:08

@ flamingboy today 4:11 pm

Shows how easily you can get dragged into a non-argument. I don't remember ever using the word 'conspiracy' when commenting on this case. Certainly I have suggested that the Mccann's and their friends have been shown an extraordinary degree of support and what would appear to be protection from the outset, which is something I believe to be true. I have also questioned a number of areas that don't appear to have a reasonable explanation, as you have today. By questioning various aspects of the case I'm not intending to create a mass conspiracy delusion in order to poison the minds of others. It's only my opinion which in reality I know has no relevance to any investigation past or current, or is unlikely to incfluence the thoughts of others. I should be that persuasive!

This could of course be construed as 'conspiracy theorist' by someone with an obsession for trashing the opinions of other forum members.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 12.06.14 21:15

CynicAl wrote:
Newintown wrote:CynicAl, you're guessing as to what is going on with the PJ and SY just as much as the rest of us, except it takes you about 3,000 words to express yourself while other posters take a few short paragraphs.

smilie
Perhaps. And so what?

I fear for you reading the final version of the police files if word count bothers you. In fact, it just becomes apparent that most of you couldn't possibly have done so. You're looking for the juicy bits. That's poor form. This isn't a game, it isn't entertainment. You are either informed and informing others or you are misinformed and misinforming others. I find the very idea of stepping beyond the bounds of evidence, rationale and common sense in order to inform people with misinformation utterly reprehensible.

As for 'you're guessing as to what is going on with the PJ and SY just as much as the rest of us' that may be true. The difference is that my approach constrains me to patience, to stay on evidence, to go with precedent and pattern, to think rationally. It doesn't cause me to self-pen an elaborate Hollywood thriller which defies realism and invites people to saturate themselves in pure fantasy.

No I didn't word count, I wouldn't waste my time, I had a guess.

I've read the police files word for word, I can waste my time and have patience when it comes to finding justice for Madeleine but not for flattering your ego.

You really are pushing the boundaries aren't you - baiting, sorry, I'm not taking your bait.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.06.14 21:23

This has turned out to be the 'CynicalAl' thread along with one or two others joining in.  It seems others don't want to join in the discussions now, so perhaps now you have made your point, (and I know you have a inbox full pm's praising your posts, because you have told us) it is time to step back just a little for a while.

It is hard for me to moderate as you must understand, some want to read your posts others don't but you have had rather a monopoly on this thread, so I am trying to be fair.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL 12.06.14 21:28

Mr LOL!! Mr  Mr 
Snifferdog wrote:]Not meaning to hurt your feelings or anything, you may even take this as a compliment...but are you perhaps the Pink One?  spin 
JackieL

Activity : 236

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.06.14 21:29

Newintown wrote:CynicAl, you're guessing as to what is going on with the PJ and SY just as much as the rest of us, except it takes you about 3,000 words to express yourself while other posters take a few short paragraphs.

smilie

Precisely Newintown.   CynicAl knows no more about the case than the rest of us, it's all supposition.  Indeed, I think the reams posted by CynicAl (if the last epistle is anything to go by) inspire more conspiratorial possibilities than general curiosity about unexplained areas in the case.  Not the investigation alone but everything that has arisen directly or remotely connected to the case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 12.06.14 21:35

CynicAl wrote:
SixMillionQuid wrote:From what I've gathered political interference during the course of an investigation, resulting the forced removal of the lead investigator, does not amount to a conspiracy. Really!!?

To conspire: To plan together secretly to commit an illegal or wrongful act or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.

It doesn't need every single person in every organisation to conspire to achieve an objective - just a few in right places. And as we know some people have stuck their noses in, especially with witnesses, while the investigation was still ongoing in Portugal.

Political 'interference' is actually not illegal. It is not a crime. It is a legislative consideration of the prerogative of the state.

If the Queen decides to interrupt some proceedings, delay them, or instruct some changes which do not affect the actual outcome of a case, good luck prosecuting her for 'illegal conspiracy.' Political interference can delay a court case, it can call for other considerations to be presented. More to the point, political 'interference', the EXACT SAME TYPE of political interference can be put to good use, putting pressure on Sudan to release a woman sentenced to death for not being a Muslim, to put pressure on Iran to release Christians incarcerated for their faith, to require nations to delay plans or alter the course of events for a more favourabe outcome. That's politics. It isn't unreasonable, it isn't illegal, and it isn't automatically insidious and dark and rubbing its hands with glee over the death of a little girl in bizarre circumstances.

You're not talking about 'conspiracy', you're still talking about 'Conspiracy Theory.'

If some people have 'stuck their noses in' and you call that criminal conspiracy, what the monkey nuts did they actually change? The investigation is still ongoing in two countries by two police forces, having been dormant for five years. The evidence is still in the same files it always was. The published documents are still published like they always were. Delays in the process are NOT illegal. They are NOT criminal. They are not a 'cover up', because for something to be a cover up it has to have been taken away. Nothing has been spirited off into the ether. The parents are still as much in the frame as they always were. The media are still champing at the bit to crucify them. So what is missing? Except that your impatience and unreasonable demands for instantaneous information and summary justice is fuelling a hyperactive imagination and making you see bogeymen where there are perfectly conventional villains to account for.
I dont see any reason the the lead investigator was forced to leave...but somebody did. I dont see why Madeleine's disappearance is a national security issue...but somebody does. I dont see why releasing certain documents held by the Home Office would present diplomatic problem between the Portuguese and British...but someone in the Home Office does.

Had Goncalo Amaral remained in charge then we may have had a different outcome rather than archiving of the case, however sticking ones nose in and attempting to distract the course of the investigation achieved the intended result.

As for putting pressure on foreign countries it hasn't changed the outcome for that Sudanese woman...she was suppose to be released but she is still going to get punished.

Your flowery 'examples' are'nt working by the way.  smilie

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.06.14 21:43

@ CynicAl today 5:53 pm

Do you realise, your crude analogy used to illustrate the birth and propagation of an architypical conspiracy theory reads just like the case of missing Madeleine Mccann and subsequent investigation by Operation Grange !?!

Was it deliberate or a massive faux pas?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Latest interview with Dr Amaral - copied from Joana Morais - with thanks - Page 23 Empty Ribeiro's intervention

Post by JackieL 12.06.14 21:47

Staying strictly on topic, for me one of the crucial events which hints at someone being "leaned on" at a very high level was the radio interview given by Alipio Ribeiro, national director of the PJ back in February 2008, in which he famously said that Portuguese detectives were "hasty" in arguido-ing the McCanns.  A slap in the face to his own team. Was this high level political involvement? Or was he just expressing the view that the PJ should've had conclusive proof on the forensics before they arguidoed the parents and they effectively jumped the gun?
JackieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 12.06.14 21:51

Forgive me for perpetuating CynicAl`s views Candyfloss, but I must say He/she shakes up the stodge of theories. (And he/she has tempered his rudeness somewhat).

CynicAl - can I ask - You have written reams on why the whole process is completely normal and there is nothing for anyone to get suspicious about.  Therefore will you tell us if there is anything you think is suspicious about this case - anything that you are curious to know more about?
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 12.06.14 21:51

CynicAl wrote:

If some people have 'stuck their noses in' and you call that criminal conspiracy, what the monkey nuts did they actually change? The investigation is still ongoing in two countries by two police forces, having been dormant for five years. The evidence is still in the same files it always was. The published documents are still published like they always were. Delays in the process are NOT illegal. They are NOT criminal. They are not a 'cover up', because for something to be a cover up it has to have been taken away. Nothing has been spirited off into the ether. The parents are still as much in the frame as they always were. The media are still champing at the bit to crucify them. So what is missing? Except that your impatience and unreasonable demands for instantaneous information and summary justice is fuelling a hyperactive imagination and making you see bogeymen where there are perfectly conventional villains to account for. thumbsup 
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.06.14 21:52

JackieL wrote:Staying strictly on topic, for me one of the crucial events which hints at someone being "leaned on" at a very high level was the radio interview given by Alipio Ribeiro, national director of the PJ back in February 2008, in which he famously said that Portuguese detectives were "hasty" in arguido-ing the McCanns.  A slap in the face to his own team. Was this high level political involvement? Or was he just expressing the view that the PJ should've had conclusive proof on the forensics before they arguidoed the parents and they effectively jumped the gun?

He did a U turn on that JackieL, and said he was wrong to say it, will see if I can find it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 12.06.14 21:55

candyfloss wrote:
JackieL wrote:Staying strictly on topic, for me one of the crucial events which hints at someone being "leaned on" at a very high level was the radio interview given by Alipio Ribeiro, national director of the PJ back in February 2008, in which he famously said that Portuguese detectives were "hasty" in arguido-ing the McCanns.  A slap in the face to his own team. Was this high level political involvement? Or was he just expressing the view that the PJ should've had conclusive proof on the forensics before they arguidoed the parents and they effectively jumped the gun?

He did a U turn on that JackieL, and said he was wrong to say it, will see if I can find it.

At the time of being arguidos, Team McCann were forever telling us "arguido" didn't mean suspect, it meant special witness or some such. And it's true, to the extent that it doesn't equate to a direct suspect - it is someone involved in the investigation who requires special legal consideration because they might end up being prosecuted.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.06.14 21:57

candyfloss wrote:

Here it is............
Daily Mail

Apologetic police chief says it was right to make the McCanns 'arguidos'

Last updated at 10:41 05 February 2008

Detectives were right to make the McCanns offiial suspects, says apologetic Portugues police chief.

Alipio Ribeiro has reportedly said sorry to his officers for saying they rushed into making Gerry and Kate McCann suspects in their daughter Madeleine's disappearance.

Mr Ribeiro apologised to a police union boss and senior detectives in the Algarve, the newspaper 24 Horas reported today.

The director of the Judicial Police said he had made an ?error of expression? when he said there had been ?hastiness? in making the McCanns ?arguidos?, or formal suspects.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic3784.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 12.06.14 22:04

candyfloss wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Here it is............
Daily Mail

Detectives were right to make the McCanns offiial suspects, says apologetic Portugues police chief.

Alipio Ribeiro has reportedly said sorry to his officers for saying they rushed into making Gerry and Kate McCann suspects in their daughter Madeleine's disappearance.

Mr Ribeiro apologised to a police union boss and senior detectives in the Algarve, the newspaper 24 Horas reported today.

The director of the Judicial Police said he had made an ?error of expression? when he said there had been ?hastiness? in making the McCanns ?arguidos?, or formal suspects.

candyfloss and JackieL, thank you for that. That had been the one fly in the ointment as far as I was concerned.
It gave the lie that some level of corruption or pressure had been applied to the incoming policeman and that the Portuguese investigation was not free to run its course.
With that apology, it clears that one 'pressure from above' fear and I now think there is every chance that the Portuguese investigation can be fruitful.
Certainly, the publication of their 'updated' files at some stage in the future will be fascinating.  thumbsup
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.06.14 22:06

candyfloss wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Here it is............
Daily Mail

I always thought his meaning was misconstrued.  I don't doubt it was pounced on by the British media in order to improve the otherwise obnoxious whiff emanating from the McCann's otherwise precarious position.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL 12.06.14 22:09

candyfloss wrote:

Yep I know, he tried to backtrack desperately afterwards.  But it's the fact he said it in the first place.

THEN, there's the way in which Amaral was sacked - sent a curt fax (October 2008) and he claims that Gordon brown was told 2 hours beforehand.
JackieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12.06.14 22:52

Praia wrote:Cynicalal, what do you make of the British Ambassador's phone call to the head of the PJ in Lisbon the night of May 3???
Praia, although I live under the impression, that I'm quite well versed on the case, I cannot remember such phone call. Do you have a link, please?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicAl 12.06.14 23:07

[/quote]
Bumping this up again! Here we can see that Gonçalo Amaral say's interference in the case is NOT a conspiracy theory but A FACT.[/quote]

To be fair...

Let me focus on some words of yours...

'Here we can see that...Goncalo Amaral says that...'

He SAYS that.

I absolutely and utterly want to believe every word that comes out of the man's mouth.

But I also believe that he's made statements before that are almost criminally libellous, based on no solid evidence, just his gut instinct. He's given credence to lunatics and their mechanical voodoo. He stated, did he not, that 'the priest' knew what happened.

Now those might all turn out to be true, but in the absence of the evidence to support them GA could be in danger of overplaying his hand.

David Icke says a lot of very true things. But he's a moonbat who'll say ANYTHING to get the publicity he needs.

Bradley Manning said some amazingly true things and did a great service to the Wikileaks cause, but then went bananas and decided he was a woman. Some speculate that he created the biggest noise he could, for the sake of attention, so that it would be harder for the military to make life too awkward for him or to disappear him, since his 'gender realignment' was now a 'human rights issue' which needed monitoring.

David Shayler shared some incredible information about MI5, before declaring himself the reincarnation of Jesus and taking up life as a new woman.

In the 'Conspiracy Theory' circle there are some very bizarre things happen around some ultimately very bizarre people. I'd like to believe the best of all of them, fighting government corruptions, opposing the surveillance state, rejecting global federalism. My sympathies go out to them.

But would I take a hundred pound note from them and try to bank it? No.

Would I bet my life and reputation (not that I have one) on their claims being Gospel truth? No.

I fundamentally believe that by not presenting evidence to back up his claims GA is in the process of undermining himself as a credible source. I think its vital he doesn't. I think its vital he stick to the facts of the case and forget the hyperbole for one simple reason, and see how this scans...

GA presents himself, now, as one of those people who says 'there's this terrible secret preventing justice. If MI5 one day release the files, then the secret will be revealed.' So ask him the question. 'Do you know what the secret is?'

He has two choices. Yes. No.

If he says 'no', then ask him 'so if you don't know what the secret is, how do you know there is one?' I'm sure you'll get an answer which involves the line 'because MI5 had 'an agent' there on the ground from day one.' Problem is that it doesn't mean squat. There are a thousand diplomatic, run of the mill reasons to have an agent at the scene of a major international incident when people are banding around terms like 'international gang of pedophiles' or when the area is saturated with wealthy British citizens and celebrities. At the very least, I think I might have mentioned before, MI5's primary mandate is the gathering and protecting of information pertaining to the interests and security of the Government in the UK. Put in simpler terms, MI5's job is to know that dung has been launched at a fan before the press can get a photograph of the spatter. Honestly, I think no sane government would have any alternative but to deploy an intelligence officer immediately and instruct them to keep the government directly apprised of the situation as it develops and to find out as directly as possible what the investigating agencies are finding out. PM's don't like to get their information from CNN or get ambushed by phone calls by their opposite number. That's a fact that you can be utterly assured of.

Of course, he could also say 'yes.' So then ask him, if the secret is so important, if it is so essential that it is released to the public, then release it. Speak about it. Get it out in the open.

Part of the problem with 'Conspiracy Theory' is that there's no shortage of whistleblowers who insinuate and assert that they've got the facts, but none of them can talk about it because their life would be in danger if they did - which is always taken as another proof of the 'Conspiracy Theory.'
CynicAl

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top