The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 12 Mm11

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 12 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 12 Mm11

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 12 Regist10

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 12 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by jeanmonroe 23.05.14 14:15

ChippyM wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
........ wrote:t's been 2 weeks now since the helicopter ride. If we take it as legitimate and not just for show, what kind and scale of operation must they be preparing? The latest announcement means it must begin soon anyway.

Meanwhile the 'unharmed and alive' Madeleine sits twiddling her thumbs in her hellish lair 10km's from PDL.

Where she's been for over 7 years, while her parents 'do the rounds' of the TV studios in the UK!

Well they did (allegedley) have a creepy little Birthday party in her absence, so that's something.

Perhaps Theresa May drew the line, at supplying unlimited UK taxpayers money, on the basis of cost cutting, at paying for the fuel to let the helicoptor observe the lawless villages and lairs with a 10Km 'radius' of PDL.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity - Page 12 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann search to enter 'substantial phase' of activity

Post by Riddlemeree 23.05.14 14:20

Yes - Gerry'a behaviour .... A journalist covering the story in the early days says he said to her: "I suppose covering this is good for your career ... " he also discussed spa /beauty treatments with her and when she next covered the story he asked whether she had had a treatment. This was in the very early days and weeks when Madeleine had only just disappeared. She found this odd.
Riddlemeree

Activity : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 23.05.14 14:26

Riddlemeree wrote:Yes - Gerry'a behaviour .... A journalist covering the story in the early days says he said to her: "I suppose covering this is good for your career ... " he also discussed spa /beauty treatments with her and when she next covered the story he asked whether she had had a treatment. This was in the very early days and weeks when Madeleine had only just disappeared. She found this odd.

Well, one has gotta look good 'jogging' around PDL, dontcha, in case a pesky 'pap' spots ya, innit?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 23.05.14 14:38

jeanmonroe wrote:
ChippyM wrote:
Tangled Web wrote:
........ I completely understand the scepticism in light of the level of corruption we have seen and I'm not 100% on the 'non-whitewash' side myself. However, if this IS supposed to be a whitewash, I think that SY are making a total hash of it!!! All they seem to be doing is turning the public against the McCann's (people resent the amount of resources, money etc. being spent on this one child), showing E-fits that look like GM and the countless, ridiculous news articles (allowing comments) are directing the general public to the PJ files!!!

I suppose we just have to sit tight but I'm starting to get a numb bottom  sad 

It's been 2 weeks now since the helicopter ride. If we take it as legitimate and not just for show, what kind and scale of operation must they be preparing? The latest announcement means it must begin soon anyway.

Meanwhile the 'unharmed and alive' Madeleine sits twiddling her thumbs in her hellish lair 10km's from PDL.

Where she's been for over 7 years, while her parents 'do the rounds' of the TV studios in the UK!

7 years of 'twiddling her thumbs and giving her paedophile abductor her tuppence worth, jm?  

< counts on fingers >  If they leave it much longer to spring Madeleine from her hellish lair, the McCanns may find they've become grandparents. .  Maybe that's what they're waiting for?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 23.05.14 14:49

Tony Bennett wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
canada12 wrote:And always bearing in mind that there has to be a reasonable expectation of having enough proof to bring the case to court. If there isn't enough evidence to result in a reasonable expectation of a conviction, then there isn't likely to be a court case. This is what the digging is about, and the investigating. It's about finding evidence that will stand up in court.
But which could only ever be a Portuguese court

As you have previously posted on the subject, you are aware that the UK can exercise jurisdiction with regard to a number of serious crimes committed abroad by its citizens, TB.  Should any British nationals be brought to account for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, they may find themselves being tried in the UK courts..
True, but a very limited number of offences, and only those triable in this country before 3 May 2007

As it won't have escaped your attention that homicide detectives have been deployed on this case, one of the possible crimes under investigation is murder which when committed by British nationals abroad has been triable in the UK since 1861.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 23.05.14 15:24

quote Tony B re cadaverine  :  " Bishop Brennan has dealt with this point admirably, in his 'don't mention the dogs' point. "

You then went on to mention 45 OR 90 minutes or whatever in a very dismissive way...which is it? If the longer time, then there was not enough time for cadaverine to have developed prior to Maddie being removed from 5a.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 23.05.14 15:36

@UltimaThule - "7 years of 'twiddling her thumbs and giving her paedophile abductor her tuppence worth?"

Tuppence - for those that don`t know :-

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tuppence
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 23.05.14 15:58

Woofer wrote:@UltimaThule - "7 years of 'twiddling her thumbs and giving her paedophile abductor her tuppence worth?"

.  Shocked 

I didn't know about THAT meaning  Shocked 

Surely Kate didn't know as well! Or maybe she chose that word on purpose.

Sick, sick, sick!
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 23.05.14 16:03

della70 wrote:According to The Sun is days away .http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5644494/Maddie-arrests-days-away-in-huge-cop-search-in-Portugal.html

I wonder who their source is for that as they state 'arrests days away'.  So are they digging or arresting...or both?!

I'm 99.9% sure it's proberbly rubbish though.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 23.05.14 16:06

"Arrests days away"  (groan) haven't we heard that before,  months ago now.   I do wish these anonymous sources would  shutup
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 23.05.14 16:12

Woofer wrote:@UltimaThule - "7 years of 'twiddling her thumbs and giving her paedophile abductor her tuppence worth?"

that's a new one on me too,i just hope kate didn't know what it meant,but seeing as the mccanns reckon Madeleine is with a paedo makes me wonder.
and yes it sick
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 23.05.14 16:24

ShuBob wrote:

.  Shocked 

I didn't know about THAT meaning  Shocked 

Surely Kate didn't know as well! Or maybe she chose that word on purpose.

Sick, sick, sick!

No, I've never heard of that before and, whatever I think of this case, I don't believe that's what she meant.. Giving one's tuppence-worth is a well known old-fashioned saying for voicing one's opinion and I think that's exactly what she meant. However, the idea of a 3YO telling-off a violent perverted stranger, and giving him a piece of her mind, is downright ludicrous. Under those circumstances, the poor little girl would have been crying for her mummy, utterly distraught and quaking with fear.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 23.05.14 16:50

on parentdish

Madeleine McCann detectives expect to make arrests 'within days', according to The Sun newspaper.

It says a major police operation in the Portuguese resort where the then three-year-old disappeared 'will start within days'.

At least four sites where will be searched with ground-penetrating radar.

"Arrests and interviews of suspects are also expected in Praia da Luz over the next few weeks," the newspaper reports.

Officers from the Met's Operation Grange will work with colleagues from Portugal's Policia Judiciaria.

The planned searches will be based on mobile phone data, intelligence and evidence from witnesses.

They will take place near the beach and around the Ocean Club complex where Madeleine vanished aged three in May 2007.

If the radar finds signs of soil disturbance, full excavations will be carried out.

The Met inquiry began in 2011 after a plea from Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry to PM David Cameron.

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said in Portugal yesterday: "We may go through every line of inquiry and all draw a blank.

If only
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 23.05.14 16:57

[quote="ChippyM"]
della70 wrote:So are they digging or arresting...or both?!
   I'm 99.9% sure it's probably rubbish though.

They are going to dig him up, and THEN arrest him
That is why they had to have a dead suspect.

Precedent for this is Oliver Cromwell, of course, whose body was dug up, symbolically "hanged" at Tyburn, beheaded, and his head put on a spike above Westminster Hall.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16602

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 23.05.14 17:02

Well, if the Yard end up saying that they cannot find the answers and the case gets shelved once again, I will very much be looking forward to reading the next volumes of the PJ files. I'm sure they'll be equally as interesting as the first lot - more so perhaps.

I don't believe that it will be allowed to come to that. A solution to the case will be found, one way or another. Too risky for SY/government this time for MORE files to be released by the Portuguese.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 23.05.14 17:07

Garrincha wrote:Rowley is quoted as saying: If you get any information ahead of our actions do not publish anything that may give suspects advance notice.

I wonder, I wonder, who is he really referring to?

I don't know but judging by this: digs to take place in June +arrests expected, I'd say no one listened.
So whoever you are abductor /eggman /yeti /alien, you're warned.
Seriously... this is getting... pathetic.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 23.05.14 18:07

[quote="PeterMac"]
ChippyM wrote:
della70 wrote:So are they digging or arresting...or both?!
   I'm 99.9% sure it's probably rubbish though.

They are going to dig him up, and THEN arrest him
That is why they had to have a dead suspect.

Precedent for this is Oliver Cromwell, of course, whose body was dug up, symbolically "hanged" at Tyburn, beheaded, and his head put on a spike above Westminster Hall.
Cromwell's head was then blown down from the spike at the top of Westminster Hall in a gale towards the end of the reign of James II. It fell at the feet of one of the sentinels who took it home under his cloak....competition time - what happened next and where is it now?
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 23.05.14 18:23

Cristobell wrote:If a whitewash were underway, wouldn't the McCanns have to know about it?  Given the frequency of their TV appearances and interviews, they could at any moment drop themselves and SY in it.  

From the look of their troubled faces, I don't think they know any more about what is going on in the investigation than we do. Imo, if they were kept fully updated they would not have had to ask for the dig to be postponed so they could celebrate Madeleine's birthday.

The whitewash is not for the benefit of the McCanns. They might slowly get that picture.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 23.05.14 18:36

stillsloppingout wrote:
utahagen wrote:Cristobell wrote: "If a whitewash were underway, wouldn't the McCanns have to know about it?...From the look of their troubled faces, I don't think they know any more about what is going on in the investigation than we do."

I'll concede that I very much would like SY and Portugal eventually to say publicly that the McCanns are lying, even if neither party can proscute them for some legal or practical reason; and that that hope of mine may bias me towards arguing against a whitewash. However, I'll ask again, if there's a whitewash going on and the McCanns are soon to be completely in the clear, why do they now seem more frightened than they did in even the days after Madeleine disappeared?
They did not look frightened during the fun run etc. It could well be that they are NOT being kept in the loop ,but when you have SY calling them today by there Christian names , then it does not seem to point that way . 

If they have troubled faces, it will be the weight of waking up every morning with the guilt of what has happened to there daughter , and the implications of what fate awaits if they are ever convicted .

It takes very special people to continue to carry on with the act in the spotlight of an ever more savvy public .

The fact that they are out at all, tells me they are being kept up to speed with the case every step of the way .

Yes they have very well learned when to look tormented. Kate even does adjust her clothing and earrings for that.

I agree that calling them by their first names gives a good indication.

Now I'll sit back and wait for the "brilliant game of the SY" comments.

I hope in due course I will be allowed a "told you so, told you, told you, told you so!"

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 23.05.14 18:38

utahagen wrote:Stillsloppingout wrote: "...but when you have SY calling [the McCanns] by their Christian names today by there Christian names..."

Using their Christian names, as opposed to "Mr and Mrs McCann", either was just an example of decline in decorum in Europe and (even more so) in the USA, or it was a cheeky way of taunting the McCanns. I don't take referring to them as "Kate and Gerry" as an indicator that any fix is in.

Oh but you think it is a cheeky way of taunting the McCanns.

Yeah, right.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 23.05.14 18:53

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
SixMillionQuid wrote:
When Mr Redwood said to the public the T9 are of no interest do you believe he was telling the truth? If you believe he was telling a lie then he's openly lied to the public.

You mean like the way the PJ did in late August 2007?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6942705.stm

Earlier, Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa publicly declared that Kate and Gerry McCann, and their friends who were on holiday with them, were not suspects.

He told the BBC the parents were "victims" who had lost their child and also witnesses in the case.

So, PJ declaring the whole Tapas 9 not suspects.

Also calling the McCanns victims in much the same way as Scotland Yard have.

At this time the cadaver dog searches had already detected cadaverine in 5A, in the hire car, and on Kate McCanns trousers.

Does this it make to clear to you - and everyone else who uses this line - that police forces don't declare their suspects up front?

The above is indisputable fact and on the record.
I didn't realise CInps Olegario was the lead investigator in that case - you learn something new everyday. Sounds like he new what was going on right under nose...and then resigned.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by cass7 23.05.14 19:03

i remember reading a long time ago that there was phases to go through regarding portugals laws etc a good poster think on the 3as went through this , because im thinking with the change of wording in the press from abduction to missing , to maybe died in the appartment , does anyone think its the end ? also what are the tapas classed as witnesses , because they have interviewed so many wonder if any have been reinterviewed already
cass7
cass7

Activity : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 23.05.14 19:32

So, in early June the pj will be searching for traces of maddies body!

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Riddlemeree 23.05.14 19:51

Question: what sort of suspect can you warn you are coming for them. Answer: one who can't run away .... The people the police are after cannot run ... Now why ? 
Riddlemeree

Activity : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 23.05.14 20:32

Riddlemeree wrote:Question: what sort of suspect can you warn you are coming for them. Answer: one who can't run away .... The people the police are after cannot run ... Now why ? 

It's also impossible to warn a dead suspect.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top