The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Operation Grange Mm11

Operation Grange Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Operation Grange Mm11

Operation Grange Regist10

Operation Grange

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Operation Grange Empty Operation Grange

Post by Loving Mom 15.01.14 2:00

Does anyone know of any significance of SY naming the reopening Operation Grange. It's something I've been wondering about and I apologize if I posted in the wrong place or if my question has already been answered in this forum.
Loving Mom

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Operation Grange Empty Re: Operation Grange

Post by Tony Bennett 15.01.14 8:08

Loving Mom wrote:Does anyone know of any significance of SY naming the reopening Operation Grange. It's something I've been wondering about and I apologize if I posted in the wrong place or if my question has already been answered in this forum.

It rhymes with 'strange'

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 15.01.14 8:14

Don't know why it was called Op Grange but a grange is :

a farm, with its farmhouse and nearby buildings. - dictionary.com
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin 15.01.14 8:29

I've no idea as to the name of the operation LM , but it would appear from a performance point of view that there are not 37 dedicated officers working on this ....Andy Redwood is .....The Lone Granger !
Rasputin
Rasputin

Activity : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 15.01.14 8:58

Tony Bennett wrote:
Loving Mom wrote: Does anyone know of any significance of SY naming the reopening Operation Grange. It's something I've been wondering about and I apologize if I posted in the wrong place or if my question has already been answered in this forum.

It rhymes with 'strange'
 big grin  That's sounds about right.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.01.14 9:53

Tony Bennett wrote:
Loving Mom wrote:Does anyone know of any significance of SY naming the reopening Operation Grange. It's something I've been wondering about and I apologize if I posted in the wrong place or if my question has already been answered in this forum.

It rhymes with 'strange'
I can feel one of your limericks coming on  big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 15.01.14 9:55

Perhaps it's a sponsorship deal*:

http://www.grangehotels.com/

(*joking)
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 15.01.14 9:56

plebgate wrote:Don't know why it was called Op Grange but a grange is :

Would a disused barn be relevant?

'It is reported that Portuguese police are investigating a disused barn in the south-east of Praia da Luz following the discovery of a blood stained towel which police believe may turn out to be Madeleine's blood.

Fibres on the towel allegedly match fibres from the Renault Scenic hire car the McCanns' hired 25 days after Madeleine's disappearance.

It is understood Portuguese detectives discussed the breakthrough when they met British police and a Crown Prosecution Service official last week at a police station in Leicester.

The fresh information is believed to have come from mobile phone surveillance police who tracked a signal to the remote and deserted barn. There they found a towel with an Aztec design, which revealed three sites of blood deposits on the edge of the towel. Tests showed there was 'moderate' support to suggest the blood deposits matched Madeleine's blood.

The results were not conclusive and are not regarded as being strong enough to be presented as evidence in a court case. However, close analysis of the towel revealed fibres which were not made of the towel material. The fibre fragments were microscopically examined against fibres found in the boot of the McCanns' Renault Scenic hire car.

Portuguese police sources say there was 'strong support' that the fibres found on the towel matched fibres found from the boot of the car'.

See 2nd December.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id33.html
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 15.01.14 10:31

admin wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

It rhymes with 'strange'

There is already one of these on the forum.

As one who is familiar with the names of police operations and how they are chosen, can I just kill any further speculation and say that a random list of operation names is generated by a computer and the police simply select the next name on the list.

All the same, it's still very strange
That it came to be called: 'Operation Grange'

ETA:

And not surprising that the man in charge - Redwood
Happens to rhyme with the appropriate word 'deadwood'

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames 15.01.14 12:24

A BBC article on the subject including lots of the previously randomly selected names:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7288489.stm
rustyjames

Activity : 314

Back to top Go down

Operation Grange Empty Operation Grange

Post by Jauna Loca 15.01.14 13:28

Grange is an area of Glasgow. I read a few days ago about someone well known who lived there, but can't remember now in what context.
Jauna Loca
Jauna Loca

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 15.01.14 14:15

Tony Bennett wrote:
admin wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

It rhymes with 'strange'

As one who is familiar with the names of police operations and how they are chosen, can I just kill any further speculation and say that a random list of operation names is generated by a computer and the police simply select the next name on the list.

ETA:

I've thought how creepy 'Operation yewtree' sounds with the yewtree being so associated with death and graveyards.  It was also sacred to the druids because it's branches could form new trees if they touched the ground, so it was associated with new life and regeneration too.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 15.01.14 14:40

plebgate wrote:Don't know why it was called Op Grange but a grange is :

OED says: Country house with farm buildings.

I can work out the country house but not the farm buildings, apart from what you find on the ground in and around them.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 15.01.14 18:57

I'd have thought Operation 'Grunge' would have been far more appropriate. I wonder if others are also wondering why there appears to be £millions available to the Met. Police to waste on a crime that not only doesn't fall within their jurisdiction, but they already know the perpetrators of. If not, they must be the only section of society on Planet Earth who don't.

Not only do they appear to have a bottomless pit of money to whitewash the McCann's, at a time of alleged economic hardship, they also appear to have unlimited funds to prosecute DJ's, ponces, queers and comic singers who allegedly touched up adult women circa 35 yrs. ago who never complained at the time and even today make their allegations to the tabloid press as opposed to the police themselves.

By the same hypothesis, try getting a response from the police if your house has been burgled, or your car stolen. It would seem that the gutter press barons not only own the gov. they also own the police and judiciary.
diatribe

Activity : 608

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 15.01.14 19:15

Chippy M wrote:   I've thought how creepy 'Operation yewtree' sounds with the yewtree being so associated with death and graveyards.  It was also sacred to the druids because it's branches could form new trees if they touched the ground, so it was associated with new life and regeneration too.
----------------------------
Yew trees also reputed to have hallucinogenic properties. If you stand under them for long enough you can get confused and disorientated. But hey, let's not feed them any excuses.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 15.01.14 22:41

diatribe wrote:I'd have thought Operation 'Grunge' would have been far more appropriate...

Operation 'Cringe'?

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 15.01.14 22:53

'Operation Pre-arranged' ?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13361

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 15.01.14 22:57

Operation Deranged.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 15.01.14 23:02

Operation Shortchange.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Operation Grange Empty Strange grange

Post by Loving Mom 16.01.14 1:28

It may be hopeful thinking, that the name has a significant meaning. A member posted something regarding an unused barn is where a towel was found which may have had Madeleines blood on it as well as fibers from the boot of the Renault rental vehicle...  Possibly a connection to "Operation Grange, maybe? Surely the (unused) barn can be a grange and surely there seems to be damning evidence found there (even if it may be considered not 100% accurate). 

Following a link on this topic by Tony Bennett (whom I highly respect for his intelligence and reasoning) the following part of the link made me wonder what your thoughts are:

The system is only for operations which are launched in reaction to specific crimes. Pro-active police operations are often given specific names which are designed to be meaningful.
For example, the Metropolitan Police currently has an anti-knife crime initiative called Operation Blunt and it also has Operation Payback, which involves seizing the assets of organised criminals.

I am not quite sure if the SY Operation would be considered being launched to a specific crime or not?
It may turn out a random operation name selection but it would not surprise me if it becomes an ironic choice of name if the barn/grange eventually blows this case wide open...
Tony Bennett wrote:
admin wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

It rhymes with 'strange'

ETA:

Loving Mom

Back to top Go down

Operation Grange Empty Strange grange

Post by Loving Mom 16.01.14 1:28

It may be hopeful thinking, that the name has a significant meaning. A member posted something regarding an unused barn is where a towel was found which may have had Madeleines blood on it as well as fibers from the boot of the Renault rental vehicle...  Possibly a connection to "Operation Grange, maybe? Surely the (unused) barn can be a grange and surely there seems to be damning evidence found there (even if it may be considered not 100% accurate). 

Following a link on this topic by Tony Bennett (whom I highly respect for his intelligence and reasoning) the following part of the link made me wonder what your thoughts are:

The system is only for operations which are launched in reaction to specific crimes. Pro-active police operations are often given specific names which are designed to be meaningful.
For example, the Metropolitan Police currently has an anti-knife crime initiative called Operation Blunt and it also has Operation Payback, which involves seizing the assets of organised criminals.

I am not quite sure if the SY Operation would be considered being launched to a specific crime or not?
It may turn out a random operation name selection but it would not surprise me if it becomes an ironic choice of name if the barn/grange eventually blows this case wide open...
Tony Bennett wrote:
admin wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

It rhymes with 'strange'

ETA:

Loving Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 16.01.14 8:22

Loving Mom wrote:The system is only for operations which are launched in reaction to specific crimes. Pro-active police operations are often given specific names which are designed to be meaningful. For example, the Metropolitan Police currently has an anti-knife crime initiative called Operation Blunt and it also has Operation Payback, which involves seizing the assets of organised criminals.

Yes - the specific crime of being responsible for Madeleine's disappearance is Operation Grange's remit. Or to put it the way Scotland Yard would have it: "To investigate the abduction as if it had happened in the UK", or as David Cameron's spokesman put it: "To help the family".

Non-specific anti-crime initiatives are given appropriately-selected names, like the two you've quoted above

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin 16.01.14 8:28

Wikipedia comes up with another masonic link albeit American
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_National_Grange_of_the_Order_of_Patrons_of_Husbandry
Rasputin
Rasputin

Activity : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe 16.01.14 12:03

Loving Mom wrote: and it also has Operation Payback, which involves seizing the assets of organised criminals.

It isn't so much the assets of 'organised' criminals that this operation is in the business of seizing, after all 99.9% of crime is disorganised, its the assets of ordinary people the POCA 2002 was set up to confiscate.

The british establishment aren't too bothered where the russian money comes from, just as long as its spent here, but the police can and do so on a daily basis confiscate amounts of cash exceeding £1000 from ordinary british citizens. I'm afraid that having and dealing in cash is considered to be suspicious at best and criminal at worst in the Peoples' Republik of Britain. My, how times have changed from when borrowing was considered immoral and unwise, but what better way to subjugate a nation than enslave the proletariat in debt for the duration of their existence, after first disarming them of course.
diatribe

Activity : 608

Back to top Go down

Operation Grange Empty Not a Limerick. A Haiku

Post by PeterMac 16.01.14 14:47

The way they ran Grange
was very strange
Some thought Redwood
was dead wood
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator