The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 14 Mm11

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 14 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 14 Mm11

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 14 Regist10

Robert Murat Revisited

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 14 Empty Re: Robert Murat Revisited

Post by polyenne 07.08.17 15:23

I wouldn't like to be on the end of it.
polyenne

Activity : 1575

Back to top Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 14 Empty Re: Robert Murat Revisited

Post by Verdi 07.08.17 20:25

I wouldn't like to be at the beginning of it bignono.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 14 Empty Re;Murat revisited

Post by willowthewisp 08.08.17 13:44

Verdi wrote:I wouldn't like to be at the beginning of it bignono.
Hi Verdi,I know it is what they say"Circumstantial"and not actual evidence tested in a Court of Law?
1.The Abductor has been seen close to the Apartment,wearing a Dark Coloured top with light coloured trousers,Eggman,Smithman,Tannerman,spottyman,McCann files photos 5e6/123C4?
2.It has been reported to the GNR,Portugal of an Abduction by the parents of their daughter Madeleine McCann as 3 May 2007 22.00 hrs.
3.Mr Murat mysteriously arrives in Portugal 30 April/01 May 2007,where it is assumed that Madeleine is alive and well on Holiday complex Mark Warner,Ocean Club?
4. Mr Murat has to retract earlier Sworn statements of his whereabouts,notably 17 accounts of where and what places he had visited for verification on his second statements,to the first statements?
5.Mr Murat and Gerry are thought not to have met each other prior to Madeleine's Abduction,3 May 2007,yet evidence exists of Phone records being switched on off at a certain date and Time prior to the reported Abduction,is Robert Murat the Patsy," Gerry,Did /do You know Robert Murat before your daughter was abducted"Cough I'm Not going to Comment on that,swift departure by Gerry,Kate,and Clarence? 
6.Add into the facts from the files,that the"Families"have a disconnect pattern development from very early on in the Holiday,Sunday 29 April,Mon 30,May 1/2nd May?
7.Then throw into the"Broth"Bell-Pottinger mysterious arrival one week prior to Madeleine's disappearance,with certain family connections to a Former Prime Minister,who had received £500,000 from who,Madeleine's Fund,to keep the McCanns on the Front pages of the Nationals for 12 Months after the reported Abduction?
8.The"dubious"enactment for Operation Grange,via Gerry,Kate,Rebekah Brooks,persuade David Cameron to have Scotland Yard to assist in helping the McCann family over their daughter Madeleine's disappearance,at an exact time the McCann Family were seeking"Defamation Claims"from the Original Portugal Police Detective Goncalo Amaral?
9.Have the McCanns used their "Powers of Persausion"to have duped Government Ministers to Subsidse any"Potential" Criminal charges being Brought,via the Portugal Supreme Court Ruling on defamation,eg the Mccann's have to pay the costs of the Supreme Court case,say 1 Million pounds,yet Operation Grange has cost the UK tax payer well over 12-15 Million pounds and any likely guilty parties are still"Free" to continue to"Leave No Stone Un-turned"my a**e?
If in any doubt about how to avoid being found out about Criminality or behaviour,contact dear old Rupert Murdoch via the web site,The death of Ian Morgan March 10 1987,cost to the UK tax payer over £800 Million pounds in collapsed Court cases?
Look Over Here,Not Over There?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 22.10.17 19:33

This was posted on FB.
I would like to know what @Tony Bennett says about it.

"The making of a suspect

The PATSY is there before it happens.

I believe UK security services contrived to make Robert Murat a suspect in the case, I think Sky was complicit by luring him there with the promise of money from a signed contract. I don't believe the contract said he will become a patsy like Barry George in the Jill Dando murder, probably MI5 used their links to Martin BRUNT to get Murat in place, brilliant idea to have him translate and be around the Ocean Club every day for the press to notice him if he wasn't translating, no making of a suspect!
Robert Murat told Martin Brunt that he too heard a siren that night.
His mum Jennifer is questioned and she explains that while they were talking in the kitchen, she recalls having heard a siren sounding at least once. Although not usual, she also did not ‘connect’ because it could possibly have been an Ambulance.
Brunt while in PDL did two things, he asked everyone who knew Murat if they had seen him the night of the 3rd. No one had seen him that night, nor did they hear a siren - that was a ‘no’ as well. Sky’s crime reporter Brunt spent most of his time covering the case and asked many people who searched that night if anyone saw Murat. Murat was well known and if he had been there he would have been remembered. The only alibi for mother and son is they both heard a siren just before 10.30 pm.
Jenny Murat lends a hand.
For three days (Fri. 11/05 Sat. 12/05 and Sun 13/05) she was at the post mounted near to the cinema. Having obtained some information, she passed this onto Robert who, in turn, gave it to the police.
Her idea was to try to desensitise people not to feel intimidated by the presence of police and lead them to give all the information they knew.
(This was a police investigation yet an elderly lady is allowed to collect information and pass on to her son who in turn passes onto police!)
Of course, Murat was breaking the law reporting to Brunt after his interview with Brunt, from Sky News: 
Portuguese CID is analysing the facts, in order to decide what action will be taken.Robert Murat may have violated the law, when he talked with Martin Brunt, from Sky News, about details of the criminal investigation concerning to Madeleine McCann’s abduction.“Polícia Judiciária has already information about the interview and is analysing the facts, in order to take a proper action”.
Witnesses and “arguidos” (formal suspects that haven’t yet been accused, in the Portuguese legal system) are forbidden to talk about the criminal investigation. Doing it means they committed a crime. The final decision about prosecuting Robert Murat for breaching the “Secrecy Law” in a criminal investigation will be taken by the Public Prosecutor’s Office.
Meanwhile Staff from Control Risks Group and various members of the security services including MI5, told Portuguese police that Murat fitted the profile of the likely abductor to the extent of '90%'.
At this point you need to remember Lori Campbell, she who reported Robert Murat to the PJ (a Pro McCann Journalist) suddenly revealing in major articles in the British press all sorts of dubious aspects of his background, criticising his conduct as a translator.
A curious feature of the Madeleine case was the targeting of Robert Murat, a dual Portuguese-British citizen, as a suspect. Three of the McCanns’ close friends, the so-called ‘Tapas 7’, also reported seeing Robert Murat close to the McCanns’ apartment the evening Madeleine went missing, a claim he denied. 
No GNR officer has come forward to say they were with or saw Robert Murat that night. The McCann camp made a concerted attempt, for whatever reason, to smear Murat. Clarence Mitchell himself played a key role in this, he said: 
“An outcome similar to Holly and Jessica [Soham children murdered by Ian Huntley] is possible. I don't want to, and I can't, talk about Robert Murat, but some journalists who worked with me in Soham, and that were now in Portugal, saw resemblances between that case and Robert Murat. And I won't say more”.
[So Clarence Mitchell was working with Lori Campbell once more?]
Was Lori Campbell a freelancer? No! If no, in my opinion, she was one of those journalists who came to PDL with an agenda. The effort that lady kept announcing to the world what she should report in a private and quiet way to the police, always astonished me and raise many suspicions. She knows very well what she was doing when she brought Murat to the saga. The absence of any libel case against her, by Murat, after having his arguido status lifted, speaks volumes.
Lori Campbell the "journalist" who pointed the finger of suspicion at Murat is the source of that story. Why was she given the reward of exclusive access to Kate? It was her who Kate called on her way to being made arguido to tell her that the PJ wanted her to confess as they didn't want a murder in Portugal. I venture she took the same deal BBC’s Richard Bilton, which of course cost the McCanns nothing!
A BBC reporter claims he was offered exclusive access to the McCanns' team if he agreed to spy on the press pack for their investigators. They asked him to find out what other journalists were saying about Robert Murat, Mr Bilton asked Mr Murat how he felt about the offer for an 'exclusive inside track' 
Murat should have sued her and her newspaper. I believe, the police were on the right track when they made the McCanns and Murat arguidos. The police were not stupid and will not take the risk of making these 3 people arguidos without having evidence against them.
Several people played important roles in ensuring that Robert Murat was pulled in for questioning on Monday 14 May 2007 and made a suspect, make no mistake Murat was deep in trouble, spying on the investigation from within, reporting to Martin Brunt, set up by UK muti forces, and Jane Tanner saying he was the bogie man carrying Maddie! Plus Tapas 3 all sure he was there on the 3 May.
Now this is clever stuff by the UK combined forces - just think - use Brunt to get the patsy on site, get him the job translating for the PJ. If you think Murat was an MI5 plant you’re wrong! Why put him in a position to glean info for the UK and then straight away frame him to be a suspect, hence no more inside info. I believe this can only have been planned the week before. Now, that's the scary bit! The McCanns only got there on the 28th April, yet by the 1st May a patsy was in place, a set-up on a grand scale.Police knocked on the door of Murat’s mothers home, Villa Casa Liliana, at 7am May 14th, 2007. Robert was interrogated for 19 hours without food drink or sleep. The Villa was sealed off and searched, the swimming pool drained. Murat's computer was seized and two cars were examined. May 15th Murat was declared an arguido. He realised now he was set up.
“I have a daughter, too”, says Robert Murat, remembering Sofia, aged seven, who lives in England with her mother. “My family are also victims”. Journalists invaded the area where they live, and “the British police had to take my daughter to a safe place.” His ex-wife, he says, “even received an offer of 220 thousand euros to give an interview saying that I was a paedophile”.
"I am an innocent man. I am not a paedophile or any of the other things I have been called. I have done nothing wrong. I wake up with this nightmare every morning and I go to bed with it every night."
Robert Murat was now a fully made up suspect, taking the pressure off the McCanns, they eagerly jumped on the bandwagon to use him to deflect from them. What changed things? What made the McCann team and the Murat team join forces in a massive pact of silence that still holds good today 10 years on?
 I conclude the UK forces put him in the frame, or Clarence Mitchell, which is the same thing as at the time he was working for Blair, and team McCann just followed the band!  Next time RM still played a part just not the one he thought.

NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 22.10.17 22:35

Speaking about mr murat being in the  area where the macs ,flat was  that night .I think that some people said that ,one of the macs friend  looks very similar to murat . It would have been possible that someone mistook  who they felt it was him .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 22.10.17 23:17

joyce1938 wrote:Speaking about mr murat being in the  area where the macs ,flat was  that night .I think that some people said that ,one of the macs friend  looks very similar to murat . It would have been possible that someone mistook  who they felt it was him .joyce1938

Yes, it has been suggested in many quarters..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Can't see it myself but I guess in the confusion and darkness, mistaken identity is a possibility.  According to the detail, David Payne was holding court for most of the night of 3rd/4th May so his presence would have been quite conspicuous.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 14 Empty Re; Murat revisited?

Post by willowthewisp 23.10.17 1:59

Verdi wrote:
joyce1938 wrote:Speaking about mr murat being in the  area where the macs ,flat was  that night .I think that some people said that ,one of the macs friend  looks very similar to murat . It would have been possible that someone mistook  who they felt it was him .joyce1938

Yes, it has been suggested in many quarters..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Can't see it myself but I guess in the confusion and darkness, mistaken identity is a possibility.  According to the detail, David Payne was holding court for most of the night of 3rd/4th May so his presence would have been quite conspicuous.
Hi Verdi,Mr Payne had also made himself a witness to an alive Madeleine,then made cast Iron alibi from early evening 3 May until the 4th May 2007,searching with Gerry, staying in the same apartment,then Kate,Gerry were out in the early morning period,04.00 hrs?
Pizza shop owner spots a couple in the early hrs 06.30am,whilst on his way Home acting in a coy,suspicious manner?
Then we have the Social Care Worker,recognising an Individual from her past,who then very quickly directed the parents from speaking to Yvonne Martin,"Busy Body"?
Yes Mr Murat finally admitted,that some how "he had become embroiled in the biggest * censored* on the Planet"? but could for some unknown reason never reveal what that statement meant,perhaps we now know?
Legal contracts,Sky News Corporation,Martin Brunt,Brian Kennedy,offering Mr Murat a job,he couldn't refuse,attended by Barristers?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________-

* censored

Mod
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 23.10.17 8:33

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Angus Symington and Robert Murat.

I posted this originally in the McCann Latest News section in 2011 but Carter-Ruck ordered me to take it down so it's now in our '[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]' along with other articles that the McCanns don't want Guests to see.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer) Oh yeah, and Forum Owner
The Captain (& Chief Faffer) Oh yeah, and Forum Owner

Activity : 42054

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 23.10.17 9:50

It just goes to show ,how easily it could be to find people who might just think . well that's like murat and if everyone felt that way ,it could become the gospel ,that it was him .I really don't know what if anything murat had to do with things that  night If at all,but it sure makes us have to think a bit more,about whether some just copy others ,once it has been written up ,its easy to accept it . I do not wish to offend anyone ,but had to bring this up .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 23.10.17 12:01

joyce1938 wrote:It just goes to show ,how easily it could be to find people who might just think . well that's like murat and if everyone felt that way ,it could become the gospel ,that it was him .I really don't know what if anything murat had to do with things that  night If at all,but it sure makes us have to think a bit more,about whether some just copy others ,once it has been written up ,its easy to accept it . I do not wish to offend anyone ,but had to bring this up .joyce1938
Indeed they do, a fact seen time and time again, especially over the past ten years apropos of this case.  For some it's so much easier to go with the flow rather than think for themselves - that's how forum myths evolve.

Like weeds, once they take root it's nigh on impossible to get rid of 'em.  Sometimes of course it's deliberate!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 14 Empty Ref;Murat,revisited

Post by willowthewisp 23.10.17 16:32

Get'emGonçalo wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I posted this originally in the McCann Latest News section in 2011 but Carter-Ruck ordered me to take it down so it's now in our '[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]' along with other articles that the McCanns don't want Guests to see.

Was Angus Symington in Portugal in the same week that Madeleine and her family were present there,if he wasn't there then, according to Operation Grange theory,he has to be ruled out,as a suspect to anything?

Please remember,"You cannot abduct someone",if your not present at the time of the disappearance,that has happened,Simon Foy Police statement,Tapas 7/9 and Madeleine's parents?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 23.10.17 17:10

willowthewisp wrote:

Was Angus Symington in Portugal in the same week that Madeleine and her family were present there,if he wasn't there then, according to Operation Grange theory,he has to be ruled out,as a suspect to anything?

Please remember,"You cannot abduct someone",if your not present at the time of the disappearance,that has happened,Simon Foy Police statement,Tapas 7/9 and Madeleine's parents?
Yes, he was in Portugal.
This is from a whooshed Mirror article early 2008.

Murat, 34, gasped at the stunning likeness when the Daily Mirror showed him Angus's photos yesterday.

He said: "I'm shocked and amazed. I've never seen this guy, yet the hairline, the nose...it could be me." His uncle Ralph Eveleigh added: "They're very similar."

Angus's firm is a few hundred yards away from Maddy's Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz, Portugal, and it sells flats in the same chain.

Murat said suspicion should not fall on the estate agent and added:
"People work. He has every reason to be at the Ocean Club. I wouldn't want what happened to me to happen to anyone else."

Yesterday, married Angus said he had left work and was at home with his family when Maddy, four, went missing on the night of May 3.

He said: "I categorically was not around. I live 10 kilometres from here. It couldn't have been me."

Brit expat Murat, who says he was at home with mum Jenny, 71, plans to hand lawyers our photos of Angus.

If I remember correctly there was some rumors that Murat and Symington was related in some way.
Was this ever confirmed?

NickE

Back to top Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 14 Empty Ref;Robert Murat revisited

Post by willowthewisp 23.10.17 17:45

NickE wrote:
willowthewisp wrote:

Yes, he was in Portugal.

Murat, 34, gasped at the stunning likeness when the Daily Mirror showed him Angus's photos yesterday.

He said: "I'm shocked and amazed. I've never seen this guy, yet the hairline, the nose...it could be me." His uncle Ralph Eveleigh added: "They're very similar."

Angus's firm is a few hundred yards away from Maddy's Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz, Portugal, and it sells flats in the same chain.

"People work. He has every reason to be at the Ocean Club. I wouldn't want what happened to me to happen to anyone else."

Yesterday, married Angus said he had left work and was at home with his family when Maddy, four, went missing on the night of May 3.

He said: "I categorically was not around. I live 10 kilometres from here. It couldn't have been me."

Brit expat Murat, who says he was at home with mum Jenny, 71, plans to hand lawyers our photos of Angus.

If I remember correctly there was some rumors that Murat and Symington was related in some way.
Was this ever confirmed?
Hi NickE,It is thought that Mr Murat.s relatives are related to the Symingtons,who owned apartments rented out to a Polish couple,if I am correct,who I believe were put in the Frame by Nuno Lourenco,as trying to abduct his daughter,close to a Ice Cream vendor,stand to be corrected on the last point?
I cannot understand,how,Robert,was,"shocked and amazed"at his likeness and that he didn't know this person,it's a small place Portugal isn't it,who Owns "Eagle Eye" residence?
Then add in the Time frame of when"Eagle Eye" was Constructed and what stood on the ground before the new residence,are they associated to a Boa Vista Golf Club or a Mark Warner,Ocean Club apartments?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 23.10.17 20:29

willowthewisp wrote:
NickE wrote:
willowthewisp wrote:

Yes, he was in Portugal.

Was this ever confirmed?
Hi NickE,It is thought that Mr Murat.s relatives are related to the Symingtons,who owned apartments rented out to a Polish couple,if I am correct,who I believe were put in the Frame by Nuno Lourenco,as trying to abduct his daughter,close to a Ice Cream vendor,stand to be corrected on the last point?
I cannot understand,how,Robert,was,"shocked and amazed"at his likeness and that he didn't know this person,it's a small place Portugal isn't it,who Owns "Eagle Eye" residence?
Then add in the Time frame of when"Eagle Eye" was Constructed and what stood on the ground before the new residence,are they associated to a Boa Vista Golf Club or a Mark Warner,Ocean Club apartments?
Agree, it's odd.
Murat lived close to the OC and he is a Brit and worked for Remax Estate agents and Symington is a Brit and worked as a estate agent a few hundered yards from the OC and Murat had never seen this guy?

NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 24.10.17 12:49

NickE wrote:
willowthewisp wrote:
NickE wrote:
willowthewisp wrote:

Yes, he was in Portugal.

Was this ever confirmed?
Agree, it's odd.
Murat lived close to the OC and he is a Brit and worked for Remax Estate agents and Symington is a Brit and worked as a estate agent a few hundered yards from the OC and Murat had never seen this guy?
There are links between Robert Murat and Angus Symington through their family trees according to this link. http://nona-people.blogspot.co.uk/2008/11/robert-murat.html

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 24.10.17 21:02

Was Murat's father involved in the construction of the Ocean Club? I may be mistaken but I thought I had read somewhere that he was?
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 25.10.17 10:56

Phoebe wrote:Was Murat's father involved in the construction of the Ocean Club? I may be mistaken but I thought I had read somewhere that he was?
Very likely.
John Murat was the man who turned Pdl from a fishing village into a popular tourist resort.

NickE

Back to top Go down

robert murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 14 Empty Ref; Robert Murat

Post by willowthewisp 25.10.17 12:02

NickE wrote:
Phoebe wrote:Was Murat's father involved in the construction of the Ocean Club? I may be mistaken but I thought I had read somewhere that he was?
Very likely.
John Murat was the man who turned Pdl from a fishing village into a popular tourist resort.
Hi nickE,therefore,if your relatives had transformed how the Town had changed from a small fishing village,into an up market destination for annual holidays,tourism,property development,you have something to"Conserve/Protect" in accordance to your perceived life style?
That you wouldn't want the"Murder"of a child as Kate had told PJ,Police,associated to the area you were developing,would you,Bell-Pottinger,moment?
Mark Warner sold there Hotel complex several years ago to Thompson Holidays,now renamed as Tui?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 23.01.18 22:59

I don't know if this has been brought up before but I found in the phone records that someone at the Ocean Club made a phone call to an "Ana Matias,  connected to "ReMax" at 12:15 on May 3rd.
Michaela Walczuch also used this name according to the Daily Mail on May 16, 2007.
My first thought was that the pool guy and MW's friend Luis Antonio could have made that call but he said he was elsewhere during this period of time.
[size=51][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[/size]

NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 24.01.18 1:29

From Michaela Walczuch's statement -
 "For more than a year and a half since October/November 2005, she has not worked for REMAX." so why would anyone ring her at Remax in May 07?
She also claimed to have married Luis Antonio at nineteen, was still legally wed to him in '07 so when could she have married Mr. Matias? Before she was nineteen?
It would be interesting to know if she really did use the surname Matias as claimed above and on what basis. In any case, there is something decidedly dodgy about her and Robert. She claims to have spent two weeks in November and three weeks over Christmas/New Year in Devon. She later mentions another three week stint in January when it was just her and Robert, (his family having been with them over Christmas) Did she really leave her eight year old child for what appears to add up to an eight week excursion? She could hardly have taken her out of school in Nov and January. Was Jenny Murat's house really so dirty that it took eight weeks to "deep clean" and was this excuse enough to leave an eight year old without her mother for so long? Very fishy!!
Phoebe

Activity : 3046

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 24.01.18 6:46

Phoebe wrote:From Michaela Walczuch's statement -
 "For more than a year and a half since October/November 2005, she has not worked for REMAX." so why would anyone ring her at Remax in May 07?
She also claimed to have married Luis Antonio at nineteen, was still legally wed to him in '07 so when could she have married Mr. Matias? Before she was nineteen?
It would be interesting to know if she really did use the surname Matias as claimed above and on what basis. In any case, there is something decidedly dodgy about her and Robert. She claims to have spent two weeks in November and three weeks over Christmas/New Year in Devon. She later mentions another three week stint in January when it was just her and Robert, (his family having been with them over Christmas) Did she really leave her eight year old child for what appears to add up to an eight week excursion? She could hardly have taken her out of school in Nov and January. Was Jenny Murat's house really so dirty that it took eight weeks to "deep clean" and was this excuse enough to leave an eight year old without her mother for so long? Very fishy!!
Apparently there is an Ana Matias at Remax.
What a coincident that MW called her self "Matias" sometimes according to DM, and she did work at Remax earlier.

NickE

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.02.18 13:02

Events related to Robert Murat..

03 May 2007

19:00pm Robert Murat returns home from work.

20:00pm Jenny Murat, Robert's mother, returns home after walking the dogs. Murat says he spent the rest of the night in the kitchen, with his mother, before going to bed. He claims to have heard police activity but did not go to investigate and only heard of Madeleine's disappearance in the morning.

22:00pm Madeleine reported missing.

22:30pm Charlotte Pennington claims to have seen Murat outside the Ocean Club reception as the first big search party was being assembled.

She told the Daily Mail: "He was outside the lobby just before we started on our big search. He was adamant that he wasn't there. But he was. He was there in the road, he was just looking. It was about 10.30. He was just watching.

"I didn't know his name then. But the next day he was our interpreter and I met him then. He didn't take part in the searches, but he was there."

23:40pm Murat speaks with Sergei Malinka on his mobile phone. The call is reported to have lasted only 30 seconds and Murat cannot remember what they talked about.

00:00am Charlotte Pennington, contradicting her previous claim to have seen Murat outside the lobby at 22:30pm, tells The Sun that when she saw Murat he was outside the McCanns' apartment and it was midnight.

Three of the Tapas group (Russell O'Brien, Rachel Oldfield and Fiona Payne) claim to have seen Murat on the streets of Praia da Luz during the aftermath of Madeleine's disappearance.

O'Brien claims to have met Murat at 01:00am in the morning and says Murat told him he also had a daughter.

04 May 2007

A few days after Madeleine's disappearance, Charlotte Pennington reports seeing Robert Murat chatting to a man outside the Baptista supermarket in Praia da Luz.

The sighting suggested that this man fitted the description given by Jane Tanner of a man she allegedly saw walking 'urgently' away from the McCanns' apartment on the night of 03 May 2007.

06 May 2007

Lori Campbell, Sunday Mirror journalist, reports Robert Murat to Leicestershire police because she was "suspicious about his behaviour".

12 May 2007

Robert Murat hires a car from Auto Rent Algarve for the period 12 May - 15 May. He is reported to be desperate to get a vehicle.

14 May 2007

At 7.00am, police launch simultaneous raids at Casa Liliana, the home of Robert Murat's mother - situated 150 yards away from the McCann's apartment, Murat's German girlfriend's apartment and several addresses with which Murat is believed to have had a connection.

At 16:00pm The swimming pool is drained. Murat, Walczuch and Antonio are questioned at the police station in nearby Portimao. No arrests are made. Under Portuguese law arrests can only be made when a person has been given arguido (suspect) status officially; prior to being given this status persons are treated as witnesses.

15 May 2007

Robert Murat is given the status of argudo but he has not been arrested or charged. It is not clear if Murat or the Police asked for the arguido status, it is thought that Murat might have asked for the status as it gives extra rights such as the right to remain silent. It is reported that Murat has since gone to an unknown destination.

Chief Inspector Olegario de Sousa tells a news conference that a 33-year-old had been interrogated, but not enough evidence was found to justify arresting him. Sousa said police had searched five houses on Monday and seized "various materials" from the properties which were being subjected to forensic tests and had questioned two other people as witnesses.

He reports that the suspect has signed an identity and residence statement which prevents him from moving house or leaving the country, and requires him to regularly report to police. Though no names were mentioned in the conference, the 33-year-old is believed to be Robert Murat and the other two questioned to be Murat's alleged German girlfriend Michaela Walczuch, and her Portuguese former husband Lui­s Antonio.

Despite Murat's reluctance to make a public statement, he stated that "It’s ruined my life. It’s made things very difficult for my family here and in Britain. The only way I’ll survive this is if they catch Madeleine’s abductor."

Murat also stated that he was being made a "scapegoat" so that the Police could be seen to have found a suspect.

Murat returns his hire car.

16 May 2007

It is reported that two cars used by the Murat's had been examined, and computers, mobile phones and several video tapes were taken away from their villa. It was claimed that, on examination, several links to paedophile websites were found on the computers and that some video tapes showed depraved sexual acts and bestiality though nothing was found to directly link Murat to Madeleine's disappearance.

It also emerged that a British architect who built the villa where Murat lives was ignored when he called police about a hidden basement within the property. However, it is later shown - and admitted by the architect - that this was not a basement but an inaccessible area under the building that had simply not been filled in when built.

The police are understood to have taken Sergei Malinka in for questioning, from whose property officers also took away a laptop computer and two hard drives. Malinka had previously set up a website for Murat's property company ROMIGEN.

According to the Portuguese media, Malinka is said to be a convicted child sexual offender and a computer technician, who is believed to be on good terms with Robert Murat. The two are believed to have exchanged frequent phone calls since Madeleine's disappearance, which is the reason the authorities started suspecting him.

17 May 2007

A press conference was held in which Chief Police Inspector Olegario de Sousa reiterated there was insufficient evidence to make an arrest. Regarding Sergei Malinka, police said that he had been questioned as a witness for approximately 5 hours, which did not, due to the "dynamic" nature of the investigation, mean the witness couldn't become a suspect.

Malinka spoke negatively of the coverage of the case in the Portuguese media, which had alleged that he was a convicted sexual offender, and denied he had contacted Murat and claimed to be "completely innocent".

18 May 2007

Inconsistencies in Malinka's account of his relationship with Robert Murat emerge; while the Russian IT specialist had said he had not contacted Murat in a year, he mentioned three months to another reporter while Murat's mobile phone records allegedly show he called Mr Malinka at 23:40 on the night Madeleine went missing.

19 May 2007

Portuguese detectives fly to England to interview Dawn Murat, the estranged wife of Robert Murat.

22 May 2007

Taking questions from the press, Gerry McCann is asked: "Did you know Robert Murat?" He replies: "I'm not going to comment on that".

23 May 2007

Detectives re-interview witnesses connected with Murat; his German lover Michaela Walczuch, and her estranged husband Lui­s Antonio, which hinted at the police's enduring interest in Murat.

10 June 2007

Murat is interviewed for a second time in the morning to clarify what detectives described as details and possible contradictions from his previous statement in the light of new information.

10 July 2007

Robert Murat returns to the police station in Portimao and is questioned for more than eight hours.

11 July 2007

Three of the Tapas group (Russell O'Brien, Rachel Oldfield and Fiona Payne) are re-interviewed by police to clarify points in their initial statements. Robert Murat is then brought into the questioning by police to 'confront' the 3 members of the Tapas group. The police apparently allow them to argue over the inconsistencies in their statements. The police later say that this was a valuable exercise.

04 Aug 2007

As many as 10 police officers spend the day clearing away thick vegetation from the grounds of Casa Liliana. At night, a British sniffer dog is used to search the home and grounds.

05 Aug 2007

British detectives, with Portugese detectives, continue to search the home and grounds of Casa Liliana.

06 Aug 2007

Police fail to find any new evidence after a two day search at the home of Murat's mother, according to BBC sources.

01 Jan 2008

Kate McCann is reported to have confided to friends that she is suspicious about Robert Murat's alibi. A friend of Kate and her husband Gerry said: "Kate has always felt there are questions concerning Murat and a body of evidence contrary to what he is saying. Gerry doesn't know whether he is involved but Kate has always been suspicious."

04 Jan 2008

An Irish tourist who saw someone carrying a child towards the beach on the night Madeleine McCann disappeared insists that the mystery man was not Robert Murat.

27 Jan 2008

It is reported that Kate and Gerry McCann are certain Robert Murat is not the man who snatched Madeleine. But their private detectives believe he may have acted as a "spotter" for a kidnap gang targeting the McCann family. One theory suggested is that Murat – going through an expensive divorce – may have been paid by a paedophile gang to select a child.

23 Mar 2008

Portuguese police return computers and other possessions seized from Murat. He describes the move as a "very positive sign" - but still waits to be officially cleared of involvement in Madeleine's disappearance.

17 Jul 2008

Robert Murat accepts a £600,000 settlement from 11 British newspapers over allegations of his involvement in the Madeleine McCann inquiry.

21 Jul 2008

Robert Murat's arguido status is lifted.

14 Nov 2008

Murat accepts a 'substantial' undisclosed sum from Sky News in relation to a video report and article, which followed an interview with Sunday Mirror journalist Lori Campbell.

15 Mar 2009

Murat accepts an invitation to speak at the Cambridge Union Society in favour of a motion that "the tabloid press does more harm than good".

"There was never a shred of evidence that I was in any way involved, despite eight months of lurid headlines," Murat said.

"At times, I felt like a fox being pursued by a pack of hounds. I was literally forced to jump over fences to avoid the scramble of photographers waiting outside."

The End  

[Acknowledgement - Nigel Moore of maccannfiles]

I can't vouch for the accuracy of every minute detail of the content but it gives a general idea - a very elaborate decoy maybe?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 07.02.18 16:02

Verdi wrote:Events related to Robert Murat..

03 May 2007

SNIPPED

The End  

[Acknowledgement - Nigel Moore of maccannfiles]

I can't vouch for the accuracy of every minute detail of the content but it gives a general idea - a very elaborate decoy maybe?
Very useful.

But a heck of a lot of very relevant information is not covered in Nigel's summary.

To name but three:

10 May 2007 (approx.) Inspector Varanda writes urgent note to Goncalo Amaral complaining of numerous instances of his inappropriate behaviour while interpreting - sneaking a look at confidential files, coming up with multiple suggestions of leads police should follow etc.

18/20 May 2007 (approx.) Two long telephone calls between Martin Brunt of SKY News and Robert Murat, Brunt offers the help of SKY News lawyers

11 July 2007  Murat had to admit to the PJ that he had made 17 false statements about his actions on 1-4 May; says he was 'too tired' to tell the truth when first questioned by them on 15 May

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.02.18 16:24

Tony Bennett wrote:
But a heck of a lot of very relevant information is not covered in Nigel's summary.

In fairness to the estimable Nigel, this was written a very long time ago before the advent of extensive research winkwink .

1.  Service Information document dated 11 May 2007 from Inspector Pedro Varanda relating to an informal conversation with Robert Murat

As you will know, Sir, on this day at 11h30, there appeared before the undersigned and (lady) Inspector Patricia Duarte, a British citizen called Diane Webster, holder of UK passport XXXXXXX, in order to hear her witness statement.

In the course of an informal approach that preceeded that work, it was determined that she was not conversant in Portuguese, written or spoken, and the service of an English-speaking interpreter was therefore called for.

In this function appeared a British citizen, Robert J.Q.E. Murat (duly identified in the files from previous work), official resident of Casa Liliana, Rua Ramalhete, Praia da Luz, Lagos.

The work [the DW interview] being concluded, and during an informal conversation that the undersigned began with that interpreter (as would be characteristic in this type of situation), Robert Murat displayed an unusual curiosity about the investigation that was developing around the disappearance of the minor Madeleine McCann that occurred on 3 May 2007.

As an example, it will be proper to point out that he has insistently and repeatedly questioned me about the identity of possible suspects, about the strategy outlined by the lead coordinator of the investigation and the work that might possibly have been considered for the coming days.
Before [faced with] such an attitude, that was so unusual and absolutely inappropriate that I immediately became highly suspicious, I always countered [ducked the questions], insistently requesting that person to be aware of the contractual duties pertaining to the role which he has assumed in this investigation, pointing out that it was presently the inquiry phase, and, naturally, covered by judicial secrecy.

It behoves me further to state that that suspicion became even more consolidated, following the fact that I became aware that Robert Murat would covertly attempt to catch glimpses of various procedural pieces [items being prepared for the case file] that make up the present inquiry, to the point that I followed my own consultation [hunch], in order to conduct the Diane Webster interview.

Finally, and in the sense of reiterating the suspicious attitude shown by Robert Murat, I venture still to state that, beyond having manifested an enormous knowledge about the dynamics inherent in the functioning of the "Ocean Club Garden" (in which the events under investigation had taken place) and of the routines followed by the McCann family and their companions during their respective stays in in Praia da Luz, he has tried persistently to influence the conduct of the present investigation, suggesting various analyses the agreement with which [i.e. had they agreed to follow those suggested lines of inquiry] could be intended to impute the consummation of the present illegal act [the missing child] to foreign third parties [i.e. to put the blame on, or to attribute the blame to, outside foreigners].

The above being exposed [laid bare] - and without intending in any way to place in question the competence of the above individual, nor the slightest imputation that that [my suspicions] was what he wanted to be [actually intended to do] - I have to bring the above incidents to your attention, in order for you to determine what may be appropriate.11 May 2007
Inspector
Pedro Varanda

2.  The telephone Conversation

JM - Jennifer Murat
MB - Martin Brunt
RM - Robert Murat

Transcription:

JM: Hello. Residence of JM.

MB: Hello, Martin Brunt speaking.

JM: Hi dear.

MB: Hi, is everything all-right?

JM: Yes, Robert is a little depressed now.

MB: I?m sure he is..

JM: It was not very nice of Sky News to refer to him as arguido, don't you think?

MB: Hmmm, I didnt see that. I was up at our house. What are they saying with regard to that?

JM: Robert Murat has been made an arguido in the case of Madeleine McCann.

MB: What does the term arguido mean in Portuguese?

JM: What does arguido mean, Robert?

RM: Suspect.

JM: Suspect.

MB: Ok , well, I'm not completely familiar with legal Portuguese terms. I think that someone said.....that the police said they were treating Robert as an arguido.

JM: Robert, as an arguido?

MB: What I mean is, what is that...

JM: I'm going to pass you to Robert. Don't hang up Martin.

MB: Ok thanks.

RM: Hello Martin.

MB: Hello Robert.

RM: Your number didnt show up, thats why I didn't know who it was...

MB: Oh my, I didn't send you my number...

RM: Thats OK.

MB: Well, I will see if I mange not to lose this one, if I can find the tool (laughs).

RM: (Inaudible).

MB: Ok we will try, I mean I have not seen it yet...But we will try to expl...The police say or was it the local journalists who say you should be treated as an arguido.

RM: That he is a suspect, basically..

MB: Yes, well, even so...given the tone of the interrogation..

RM: Hmmm.

MB: And the fact of being free which says a lot about the interest in you, eh..

RM: That is the same as finishing me off...It was not me...I didnt do anything..and now I am literally...

MB: Ok, I know, I think...

RM: It always on when I turn the TV on and even now...

MB: Yes...well it would be better to turn it off..

RM: Really. To have been quiet was the best thing I could have done.

MB: Yes.

RM: But when I turn the television on I think , eh...They are going to finish me off completely, they are finishing me off...

MB: Ok, ok I'm going to tell you that...

RM: In order to have an idea..

MB: I?ll tell you what we are going to do.

RM: Did you talk to the lawyer?

MB: Two things! We talked to the Sky Lawyer...

RM: Right.

MB: Whos is of the opinion that according to what you signed you reported your work as being that of a translator.

RM: Certainly, as far as... the thing is that is was...Let me ..eh...it probably is ...oh!...

MB: Go on, continue...

RM: We talked, we talked to a Sky lawyer, but the problem with the Sky lawyer is that he is English!

MB: Yes...No, no, no... he is or lawyer.

RM: Hmmm.

MB: And can you see, he said what it seemed to be to him...

RM: Hmmm?

MB: according to his understanding.

RM: According to his understanding, exactly...

MB: And now we are reluctant to talk to the lawyer who contacted you.

RM: That riight. OK.

MB: We do not know him.

RM: OK.

MB: And you do not know him, well you dont?

RM: Exactly, thats right. I do not know him, mate.

MB: And we do not know where he came from or what his credibility is.

RM: Yes.
MB: And they told us that the police were going to play games with false leads and that was why. And who knows whether he is who he says he is?

RM: Thats right. OK.

MB: And he could be trying to test you out or hoping that we pass him some information.

RM: Certainly.

MB: Eh...we know that you suspect that your calls are being listened to, because of this...

RM: Humm, hmmm.

MB: Right? Because of this reason we are very reluctant because we do not know him and you do not know him.

RM: But however...I mean the best option you have to come clean with this, would probably be to go with a lawyer from Lisbon. Eh...somebody...with someone from up there. Not from the Algarve. It would have to be someone from Lisbon. Is that OK?

MB: Thats ok, I will try to arrange for someone from there...but..

RM: OK!

MB: But our position in relation to all this, for the moment, as I has explained previously, is that we consider ourselves to be very important ? and I think it was your opinion initially ? to do something finally that would manage to be on your side...

RM: Yes and that would not lead to my being detained immediately!

MB: Of course, of course! And you know, many of the things that you told me were not attributed to me...I understand and I don?t want to enter into all those details and we did not do anything since I left you...

RM: No, no, no, no...

MB: I am sure that you understand.

RM: Yes, yes! Yes.

MB: And if there is anything that better clarifies, that you think you could say, that could also be used in the future.

RM: Of course.

MB: You know, you could quote Sky sources and others..

RM: Yes that would be perfect. That would be just perfect!

MB: But I think it is important that you should have the media there and if we could appear, briefly, and make statements in these terms: ?I was questioned, it was a vague questioning, I was not asked direct questions about Madeleine? and afterwards you explain to me how you felt that they made you a scape goat, that you have nothing to hide, even if your computer is analysed. And that at the end of the day you will be absolved and they will find the true abductor/kidnapper.

RM: We could.. you could.. Lets first look at this with a Portuguese lawyer, we will won't we?

MB: Yes...No...

RM: Are you going to do this?

MB: I will do my best to arrange for one now...

RM: Yes.

MB: But, but ...independently of what the lawyer thinks, I think that this is the clearest option. But we will have to try to find someone who.....

RM: Yes, I think this is the simplest. Can you confirm this. I am here having a family discussion to see what they think...

MB: Ah yes. Of course I will. But I am talking about making very clear statements.

RM: Yes, ok!

MB: That they do not enter into many details but into the way you can get your message across.

RM: Get it across..OK:

MB: That you give your version of the events, given that the only version of events is vague and...

RM: Yes, yes.

MB: And that the two local journalists and everyone are very against you...and that there is nobody with the exception of my interview with Sally...

RM: Yes?

MB: There has nobody who has spoken in favour of Robert Murat because of this...

RM: In fact of the many interviews given I have heard that there were some positive ones...people contradicting each other...

MB: Yes?

RM: They arrived and said....no, no...they have been very positive about this...

MB: Of course. people from the area...

RM: People from here..Exactly, exactly...

MB: Inaudible

RM : exactly

MB: Who know what happened...

RM: Many people from the area said very positive things about this...about me, which is useful.

MB: Of course, well I will see what I can find and get back in touch with you.

RM: OK, Bye.

MB: And if we agree on this..

RM: Yes..

MB: And if we could agree to appear for 15 minutes..

RM: I never have any problem with making a statement..

MB: OK

RM: I have no problem whilst...Whilst I have the legal cover to do so. Because I dont want to end up in prison....(sigh)

MB: That would be the last thing we want...

RM: Firstly, for something I did not do and secondly for something that would break their contract rules...

MB: I understand that and I understand the sensitive nature of everything that we have been working with since we arrived here, so...

RM: Ok..

MB: Can I phone you again in half an hour?

RM: Good bye, thank you very much.

MB: Good bye.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 07.02.18 21:31

3. WITNESS STATEMENT OF ARGUIDO: ROBERT MURAT 10th July 2007

Asked if he wanted to respond to the facts that are imputed against him, he responded:

---- Yes, he intends to respond to the questions that are going to be put to him.

---- Despite having British nationality he understands perfectly the Portuguese language both spoken and written therefore the presence of a translator is not necessary in this interview.

---- Asked if he confirms his previous testimony he responded that because on the day the interrogation was conducted he was very tired and does not remember exactly what was said at that time, that is he recalls in general terms what he said, but does not remember the detail of some statements.

---- His previous declarations having been read to him he confirmed having made them, however it is his wish to amend some of affirmations that were made then [at that time] as he had confused some events, in particular in what he said with respect to the dates and times of what happened. He stated events that he said had happened on Wednesday 02 and that now he more calmly recalls them having happened on Thursday and vice versa. There are also other events that he now recalls happened in those two days in particular that he wants to disclose.

---- Further in what he said with respect to the days before and those subsequent he confirms the facts reported in the previous interrogation, giving them as if fully reproduced for this present interview.

---- He intends to clarify that when he stated having lived at various locations in England, instead of Norfolk, Devon - Sidford and Norwich he would like to say Norwich, Norfolk, that corresponds to the house where he lived with his ex-wife, Dxxx, his daughter Sxxxx and his adopted son Dxxxx, namely in the locality of Hockering ... Norfolk, and when he said Devon Sidford he would like to say Sidmouth, Devon which corresponds to the house previously of his grandmother, now owned by his mother, located in Sidmouth, Devon, Ex..., it being that the Ex corresponds to the post code of region's principal city which is Exeter, located about 20 km from the town of Sidmouth.

---- He intends to clarify that he has no accounting qualification. In truth when he worked in car sales firms, called INCHCAPE and NISSAN, in Norwich, he attended professional training courses aimed at the sales sector.

---- He clarifies that when he said that after the death of his father he returned to Portugal, he would like to say that he returned to England because on that occasion [at that time] he was living with his mother in Portugal.

---- He wants to clarify that now he is already divorced from Dxxx since 04 July 2007.

---- He states that when he travels to the United Kingdom he is housed in the home of his sister Sxxxxxxx MURAT, or in the home of her boyfriend, both mentioned in the previous record of the interrogation, or in the house that was previously their grandmother's, now deceased.

---- He wants also to clarify that in fact Michaela accompanied him three times to the United Kingdom and her daughter, Cxxxx Sxxxx Walczuch Antonio, only accompanied them once, namely at the time of Christmas of 2006.

---- The trip to the United Kingdom that he intended to make on 09 May was based on the fact of him having booked there a medical consultation and he intended to stay in the house that was previously his grandmothers.

---- The defendant intended to clarify that on the morning of 02 [May] he did not leave the house by 10:00-10:30, as stated previously but in fact he had met with Sergey Malinka on 02 [May], Wednesday, in the Baptista supermarket, at 10:00, he having arrived 15 to 20 minutes before and accompanied by Michaela whom he had gone to collect at her home in the VW. They talked about the Romigen web site that Sergey was setting up. The meeting lasted about 30 minutes and in the end Sergey left alone with the accused and Michaela having proceeded to Lagos.

---- Asked for what reason he had not previously remembered this meeting, given that he had said previously that that morning he had left the house by 10:00-10:30, he said now that on the date of the first interrogation he was "rattled" and had not remembered this fact.

---- To this point he wants to say that on the day prior to his interrogation he went to bed around 03:00, having up to that time accompanied officers of the PJ, namely Inspector Reis Sxxxxx, who invited him for coffee in the bar Bom Vivant, where they remained until about that hour he being certain that he was woken up at 07:00 when PJ officers went to his house. So he had slept for only about 4 hours and was therefore very tired.

---- In truth after the meeting he proceeded with Michaela to Lagos, as he had affirmed in the previous interrogation. He wants also to clarify in this interview that before they had gone to Francisco Pagarete's house they were both at Caixa Agrícola [a bank in Portugal]. There the defendant made a cash deposit, of [English] pounds, into his account. He does not remember the exact amount deposited but thinks that it would be about one hundred or so pounds. In this interview [for the record] the defendant confirmed through the reading of a tally slip that that deposit was exactly an amount of 287.51 Euros. He states that when he was in England he withdrew this amount, from an Automated Teller Machine (ATM), from an account of his or his mother's that he/she has in Lloyds bank with the objective of coming later to deposit it in his account at Caixa de Crédito Agrícola. Asked he states that usually he has with him debit and credit cards of his mother.

---- Later the defendant and Michaela went to the home / office of Dr. Francisco Pagarete, on foot, given that that residence is situated about 200 meters from the bank. It would have been about 11:00-11:30 when he found Dr. Francisco Pagarete in his home. Since he [FP] had not been telephoned by him [RM], using his mobile phone 91918xxxx, it was then agreed to meet later.

---- For reason of accuracy he now says that the meeting that happened afterwards was not with four persons but with five, that is Michaela, Jorge Sxxxx, Jason, another son of Jorge and the defendant himself.

---- Also he clarifies that before having been with Dr. Francisco, already during the afternoon, the defendant and Michaela went to collect Cxxxxxxxx at school who then accompanied them during all the rest of the day. He refers therefore that after having been with Dr. Francisco they did not go directly to the home of Michaela, having instead gone to the marina of Lagos where they had met again with Jorge Sxxxx, and his son where they continued the conversation about the company that they intend to make. It was at this time that Cxxxxxxxx was allowed to play in an playground behind the café where they were. He does not remember the exact time that they left the café but he knows that when they had left there the owners of the café where they had been closed the doors of establishment. He recalls that he gave Jorge Sxxxx and his son a ride in his VW van to the bus stop located next to the post office, where they left them, the defendant, Michaela and Cxxxxxxxx having then proceeded to Michaela's house. He remembers that when they arrived there Michaela began to prepare the dinner so it would have been about 20:00.

---- He states not being sure about having seen Luìs arriving that night at Michaela's house. He affirms that around 22:30-23:00 he left from the home of Michaela having gone directly to his home, that is to Casa LILIANA, where he will have arrived by 22:45-23:15. He does not remember having stopped anywhere nor having spoken with anybody on that journey and he took the route that he usually takes passing by Intermarché [a super/hypermarket chain in Portugal] and by the Total petrol station. He is sure that he left the van parked in the street, that is in front of the house, because he always does that when he uses the van.

---- Again questioned, he states with absolute certainty that on the night of 02 May, after leaving the home of Michaela, he went directly to his home. Once in the village of Luz he only stopped the car next to the gate and entered his home immediately.

---- Having been informed in this interview that around 15:44 on 02 May he made a telephone call to the number 91822xxxx, which corresponds to the phone of Dr. Francisco Pagarete, he confirms that in fact, before driving to his [FP's] office/home, he [RM] had contacted him [FP] to know if he was there, [that] was what happened. For the rest of what happened that day he confirms what he stated in the previous interrogation, reaffirming that in truth he spoke with his mother, who was still awake, and that he connected the computer having stayed awake until about 01:00-01:30. In this regard he affirms it to be normal [usual] that his mother is still up until about 00:00-01:00, given that only after dealing with some tasks, namely feeding the cats and other chores does she go to bed.

---- He had states that on 02 or 03 May, in the afternoon, for matters related with business, he visited two apartments of the same owner, located at the foot of the "rotunda da bola" [football roundabout/traffic circle] in Lagos. These visits lasted about 20 to 30 minutes and he did them together with Michaela.

---- He also wants now to amend what he previously said about what he did on 03 May. Once again he states that being tired and confused he had stated things that he now sees are not correct. He refers therefore that he will have got up at 08.00 having left home by 08:45. He had already scheduled a business visit to a tourist complex called "Montinhos de Ouro", located in the region of Espiche, which he made in the company of Michaela. So he went to collect Michaela at home, driving the VW. He does not remember if he went up to Michaela's home. He states that that morning they were both in his van at the complex where they had scheduled a meeting at a time he does not recall exactly but thinks it would be by 09:30.

---- They showed up at that location where they met with the father-in-law of the owner of the venture, whose name he does not remember, but knows that he is a builder in Lisbon, since she still had not yet arrived. However the owner of the enterprise arrived and Michaela made conversation with her. Later they went to lunch at the place mentioned in the previous interrogation after which they went to the marina in Lagos where they met with Jorge Sxxxx and his son. Cxxxxxxxx did not accompany them this day. They went to the Palmares Golf where they remained until the time came for them to go to pick up Chnstine, that is 15:00-15:30. Again he gave a ride to Jorge Sxxxx and his son leaving them again at the bus stop next to the post office. From there they proceeded to the school to pick up Cxxxxxxxx and the three went to Michaela's house having arrived by 15:45. They were in Michaela's home until 19.30.

---- He states that about 19:30 he left the home of Michaela alone and went directly to his house. He took the same route the day before and is absolutely certain that he did not stop anywhere.

---- For the rest of what he said about this day during the 1st interrogation he maintains all its content. He adds, however, that in the meantime he consulted on the Internet his mobile phone billing and found that on that night he made two calls which he had not remembered having made. At 23:39 to the number of Sergey Malinca and another at 23:40 to the number of Michaela. He does not remember, however, having made these calls nor having spoken to those people although he admits he had.

---- Further to what he said about Friday morning he intends to change the time that he woke up. In listings of his fixed phone it says that he made a call to Michaela at 08:27, which he presumes he must have done, despite not remembering the contents of the conversation nor even having made that call, and therefore he did not wake at 09:00 but before that time.

---- After the opportunity having been given to the defendant to amend facts and information that he had stated in the first interrogation, he was questioned about other matters.

[snipped]

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top