The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 8 Mm11

murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 8 Mm11

murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 8 Regist10

Robert Murat Revisited

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 8 Empty Re: Robert Murat Revisited

Post by Tony Bennett 06.04.14 23:26

XTC wrote this:

+++++++++++++++++++++

Lori Campbell, a Sunday Mirror journalist, reports Robert Murat to Leicestershire police as she believes he has been acting suspiciously.
[View short clip of Lori Campbell here]
This is the 7th of May 07. So my question is: Who led who?

The chain appears to me as Lori Campbell reports to the LP that Murat looks dodgy - Bob Small and his team on the basis of that claim sit JT in a darkened van later on and allegedly says Murat is the man she saw that night. That is the sequence as I see it. The PJ are under pressure to do something - they make him an arguido after raiding his mothers house on the 15/5/07.

As I said previously he never asked for Consular assistance and was never offered it. Why didn't he ask and why wasn't it offered? In fact a memo from the British Government basically said avoid him like the plague. So, the McCanns get an Ambassador no less and Murat gets no assistance at all. This is all before he made his 17 changes to his former statements and therefore his arguido status wasn't on the basis of that or anything on his or Malinka's computers. Just my view that's ll.

Re: Deducting:

Yes Deducting - deducing takes a good deal of intelligence and as far as SY have performed so far it's a trait that they are currently lacking.

Deducting from 38? persons of interest whilst 9 additional persons are missing from the list. We're down to around 33? after the Tractor Man the Guitar playing man and three charity collectors. Only 33 to go. This could last for years through deducting not deducing.

In my view there was only one investigation into Madeleine's disappearance that counted and that is Amaral and his team’s investigation. Everything else since then has been viewed  on blogs - read in papers - seen on TV and has had an effect on all the pronouncements of the major players who were around the scene that week and after so it's no surprise to me that the stories changed over the intervening years never mind in just one year.

Re: Police method.
I would say that DCI Redwood and his team are working backwards. This is deducting suspects one by one until there are no more persons of interest left out of the 38 except the additional 9 who were investigated by Mr Amaral and his team. Beyond this they (SY )are self limiting because the Tapas 9 have been left out of the equation. These 9 are the investigating forward group - as in starting at 29th of April 07 to

May the 3rd and beyond. Redwood wants to start on May the 3rd at approximately 9.30pm on as this leaves out (in my opinion) the last alleged checker of the children in 5a. Start there, go to Smith sighting is a theory doing the rounds, as if there is a trap being set for the Tapas group.

The alternative to this is that once SY have done all their deducting that it is inevitable that they will be led to the real culprits. As I said it is as if SY have not read a word of the PJ or AG's reports if they are solely following this. They are working backward from the Smith family. A window for abduction of 30 minutes, yet they know (or if they don’t know - they should) that Mrs Fenn was told a child has gone missing at 10.30pm. That's a least an hour in my book to do XY and Z.

The bad news is that in my sad opinion the search for Madeleine ended for some on the 4th of May 07. Mr Amaral and his team were the only ones genuinely looking for Madeleine beyond that time. Since then every mad theory and media speculation has only served to bury the poor child (metaphorically) under a pile of mis-information and deception so much so that in reality she no longer exists as an individual (dead or alive). That is the worst aspect of this whole mystery.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 06.04.14 23:50

Tony Bennett wrote:XTC wrote this:

+++++++++++++++++++++

Lori Campbell, a Sunday Mirror journalist, reports Robert Murat to Leicestershire police as she believes he has been acting suspiciously.
[View short clip of Lori Campbell here]
This is the 7th of May 07. So my question is: Who led who?

REPLY: You say below that the PJ were under pressure to arrest someone. I agree. All the following are candidates for having created such waves and suspicions around Robert Murat that it was almost inevitable that Goncalo Amaral's men would arrest him:

1. Jane Tanner
2. Bob Small
3. Men from Control Risks Group
4. Clarence Mitchell (worked closely with Lori Campbell before)
5. Dr Joe Sullivan, psychologist
6. Men from MI5
7. Other men from Leicestershire Police
8. Other men from other branches of the security services, e.g. Special Branch, or 'criminal profilers'
9, The British Ambassador.

Maybe several of these all played their part?

The chain appears to me as Lori Campbell reports to the LP that Murat looks dodgy - Bob Small and his team on the basis of that claim sit JT in a darkened van later on and allegedly says Murat is the man she saw that night. That is the sequence as I see it. The PJ are under pressure to do something - they make him an arguido after raiding his mothers house on the 15/5/07.

As I said previously he never asked for Consular assistance and was never offered it.

REPLY: He also didn't bother asking for a solicitor to be present at his police interviews. Why not? Did he know it was a complete set-up and that he would eventually be released because he had nothing to do with the reason Madeleine disappeared?

Why didn't he ask and why wasn't it offered? In fact a memo from the British Government basically said avoid him like the plague. So, the McCanns get an Ambassador no less and Murat gets no assistance at
all. This is all before he made his 17 changes to his former statements and therefore his arguido status wasn't on the basis of that

REPLY: I agree - but you haven't explained yet WHY Murat lied so much in his initial interview. Why did he? What was he hiding?

or anything on his or Malinka's computers. Just my view that's ll.

Re: Deducting:

Yes Deducting - deducing takes a good deal of intelligence and as far as SY have performed so far it's a trait that they are currently lacking.

Deducting from 38? persons of interest whilst 9 additional persons are missing from the list. We're down to around 33? after the Tractor Man the Guitar playing man and three charity collectors. Only 33 to go. This could last for years through deducting not deducing.

REPLY: As I have tried to say on many occasions.

In my view there was only one investigation into Madeleine's disappearance that counted and that is Amaral and his team’s investigation. Everything else since then has been viewed  on blogs - read in papers - seen on TV and has had an effect on all the pronouncements of the major players who were around the scene that week and after so it's no surprise to me that the stories changed over the intervening years never mind in just one year.
Re: Police method.
I would say that DCI Redwood and his team are working backwards. This is deducting suspects one by one until there are no more persons of interest left out of the 38 except the additional 9 who were investigated by Mr Amaral and his team. Beyond this they (SY) are self limiting because the Tapas 9 have been left out of the equation. These 9 are the investigating forward group - as in starting at 29th of April 07 to May the 3rd and beyond.

REPLY: They'be hardly been DEDUCTING suspects, XTC. They have been adding them like wildfire. They had 60, say they've eliminated 22, and now have 38 left. Plus, was it 500+ suspected registered sex offenders to check out? And 30,000 mobile 'phone records. Before we know it, we'll soon have 380 suspects, not 38

Redwood wants to start on May the 3rd at approximately 9.30pm on as this leaves out (in my opinion) the last alleged checker of the children in 5a. Start there, go to Smith sighting is a theory doing the rounds, as if there is a trap being set for the Tapas group.

REPLY: Unlike some, I see no alleged 'traps'. I just see:

* endless paper-reading
* endless collection of statistics
* endless trips to Portugal
* endless e-fits of suspects and 'persons of interest'
* endless rumours of improbable abductors
* endless drain of taxpayers' money...

... with nothing of value achieved.

The alternative to this is that once SY have done all their deducting that it is inevitable that they will be led to the real culprits. As I said it is as if SY have not read a word of the PJ or AG's reports if they are solely following this. They are working backward from the Smith family. A window for abduction of 30 minutes, yet they know (or if they don’t know - they should) that Mrs Fenn was told a child has gone missing at 10.30pm. That's a least an hour in my book to do XY and Z.

The bad news is that in my sad opinion the search for Madeleine ended for some on the 4th of May 07. Mr Amaral and his team were the only ones genuinely looking for Madeleine beyond that time. Since then every mad theory and media speculation has only served to bury the poor child (metaphorically) under a pile of mis-information and deception so much so that in reality she no longer exists as an individual (dead or alive). That is the worst aspect of this whole mystery.

REPLY: Once again I am having some trouble following your line of argument and thinking, but, no matter, thanks for your reply

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 8 Empty Murat revisted

Post by XTC 07.04.14 23:16

Hello Tony

Thanks for decoding my post. I was going to ask admin whether it was something I'd done and my computer skills are very limited so thanks once again.

The question is for me is almost like an argument in the school playground: Who started it- and why was it started?

The answer to that is easy. The list you give is a reasonable one except, that if not for certain players on that list 
Robert Murat would have done his interpreting and have drifted into the annals of PJ history. Instead he became the first media
monster to raise its head in this case. As I've said it is was a useful diversion and addition to the abduction certainty ( the parents words not mine) which led the media and the PJ into an avenue of exploration they were not aware of prior to the alert from Ms Campbell. I don't believe that she came up with the " suspicious " epithet or story angle all on her own unless it was she who saw Murat on the night of the 3rd. She couldn't have - she wasn't there. Therefore some bright spark popped it into her head. Let's put it this way whomever prompted the 4 Tapas
witnesses into pointing the finger was responsible for prompting Lori Campbell to go to the police. Not the PJ -the Leicester police, which is even more intriguing. It has the hallmarks of a planned grassing - not an accidental one.

As far as not being legally represented is concerned I thought his friend and fellow business coleague was Pargerete ( maybe wrong spelling?) was a legal man? To be honest when the initial PJ interviews were conducted I  didn't read much about any of the Tapas 9 having solicitors present either - a lot of PR advisers though. It was only when the going  got tougher that they were represented as far as I can see.

Unlike the Tapas 9 after the 15th of May 07 Murat was an arguido not a witness and in theory he himself could request that the PJ act on
requests from himself to further the investigation and clear him from the inquiry. I don't know whether he did. It doesn't look like he asked for anything from anyone. Why he didn't I don't know.

RE: 17 'lies' These alleged lies could only have been revealed later and can't be a reason why he was made an arguido. Because of these lies the PJ may have grilled him a bit more but he was de-arguidoed like the McCanns so either Amaral and his team thought he knew more
than he was letting on ( I can't see evidence of that ) or there was insufficient evidence to prosecute him just like the parents.

Re; additions and deductions:

I agree totally. Yes many idiotic dodgy types have been added in the intervening years and many crazy theories have come from the media and
what is called Team McCann also, from psychics to body finders and visions. Yet there is non more crazy than Redwoods bad man steals dead body theory, that belongs in Crime Weekly not SY. 

Back to Murat though. As I've said previously a you and I seem to be in agreement on this; It is possible that Robert Murat could have ben a bit part player after the event or even the eyes and ears of the bigger players in this saga. This is why I am curious as to why he didn't hear or see  anything visa - vis  the melee that ensued from around 10pm? on. The self styled possible go to man - not gone to? That's just an opinion of his character though as a person who is helpful ( you could say nosey?) who missed his chance to help out.Like the Tapas 9 and particularly Madeleine's parents only they know the truth of what happened that night so all our assumptions about Murat's role in this saga remain just opinions. There is not enough credible evidence of who did what that night or any other night for all that we might think. That's the coppers job to find further evidence and since Amaral it's been a poor show all round.
XTC

Activity : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 10.05.14 19:08

Cristobell posted in the topic 'Digging from a helicopter'

Cristobell wrote:

As far as Robert Murat is concerned, I don't think he is involved in any way. Absolutely NO-ONE would take the rap for a child kidnap/murder/paedophile charge. It is the worst crime that anyone could be charged with, men have committed suicide just by the accusation as the subject is so taboo. No-one would volunteer to be dragged from their home with a jacket over their head and jeered by angry mobs whenever they appear in public.

In addition, Robert Murat was not in the same social class and intellectual class as the McCann and their friends - they were snobs! RB was/is much more down to earth than the Tapas yuppies, Robert was not a natural bedmate, so to speak. As far as I know, he is not a regular church goer, or 9 to 5 man, so he possibly dabbles on the fringes of deals that may not be completely above board, and with being bi-lingual, he probably knows everyone. From the brief videos I have seen of him, he is a very 'up front' fellow - there is one interview where he gets around Judicial Secrecy by allowing his Aunt/cousin to speak on his behalf whilst he sat on the edges, struggling to resist the urge to speak.

I got the impression that Robert Murat fell into the McCann's laps, an unexpected gift from heaven (probably as a result of all that praying). As a result of Jane Tanner recognising him as the man she saw (something Team McCann adamantly deny) carrying a child, three further members of the Tapas group came forward to say they too had seen him on the night. The only people who placed him at the scene were friends of the McCanns, none of the locals and people who knew him, saw him that night and the police had solid evidence to rule him out. Team McCann however, were happy to point the finger at him and make him the scapegoat.

Unquote

I thought I'd copy it here, there's also the chapter on Murat and his 17 or so changes in his statement to the PJ.
This can be found in the Madeleine Foundation forum here.

There's also the report from an officer to his superior that he caught Muray reading documents without permission when he functioned for a short time as translator.

There's also the fact that Murat and Gerry switched their mobiles of and on again at exactly the same time whilst both maintaining mobile silence for the same period of time.

Needless to say, imo the evidence is there, imo Murat was in it up to his neck, but not involved in the disappearance itself, but rather an accessory after the fact. Doing his level best right up to the moment he was made an arguido, which particular event may not have been part of the plan.
He was paid some £ 600.000,00 by 11 newspapers in compensation. More than the McCanns even, so it all came out allright. He was asked to address a Cambridge University gathering and never once blamed Mitchell or the McCanns or even the Tapas who'd remembered on cue that they'd seen him or JT for pointing him out so definitely as eggman.
Forgiving kind of fellow.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 10.05.14 19:36

tigger wrote:

Needless to say, imo the evidence is there, imo Murat was in it up to his neck, but not involved in the disappearance itself, but rather an accessory after the fact. Doing his level best right up to the moment he was made an arguido, which particular event may not have been part of the plan.

“The reconstruction should cover the critical period just before and after the abduction.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Completely agree with you tigger. IMO Murat was summoned to Portugal to help because he knew the area. Then he was caught in all the "abduction hysteria ". That comment he made about "the time before the abduction " says a lot. But I don't think that,, apart from whatever little involvement he had in this case, he knows something substantially important or he would probably tell it to authorities. Of course we don't know if someone knows something that could really get him in trouble and used that to silence him. But from that phone call between him and the officer in England, that's in the files, I gather he knew the police wouldn't have any solid evidence against him.
Also when reading the part of the files about him and his mother, it says he didn't had much money at the time and his mother was the one paying for his flights between Portugal and the UK. So I wondered, why book a flight at like 3am for the next morning when that would be much more expensive? Who paid for that? What was so urgent? Sudden business matters that can't be talked over the phone? I don't buy that one...

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.05.14 20:49

Cristobell wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Ayniia wrote:Markus please stop quoting the press as being the files or something...
@ Markus 2

I think that's correct.

If this one press story is your main basis for saying that Murat might have been a cause of Madeleine's disappearance, then you are placing a massive amount of weight on what is in effect no evidence at all.

What he might have done after Madeleine's disappearance, and the perverted sexual interests of Murat and Malinka, are most definitely matters of interest, but do not suggest that Murat was in any way responsible for Madeleine's disappearance. Whether Gerry McCann and Robert Murat already knew each other is another matter of interest

But having looked at the link you gave, I found this bit more interesting and relevant:

Meanwhile new claims have been made that Gerry McCann organised a game of tennis in the days after his daughter Madeleine disappeared.

In an allegation likely to infuriate the McCanns, a waiter at the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Laz said Gerry and Kate were "very cool" after she vanished and seemed less upset than their friends.

The waiter said: "What we found really strange was Gerry, days after the little girl disappeared, calmly playing tennis. He played with an old couple from England.

"I thought that everybody else in the group seemed more upset and stressed and bothered than the parents.

"They were so cool about it. I never saw them cry or anything. They played tennis and went jogging.

"They didn't seem as distraught as their friends. If my kid disappeared I'd go insane. I wouldn't be able to function. They'd have to lock me away."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

UNQUOTE

the perverted sexual interests of Murat and Malinka, are most definitely matters of interest,

Of interest to whom Tony?

There is no evidence they have ever harmed anyone, and we can be pretty certain that their backgrounds have been checked over by dozens if not hundreds of investigators, especially those hired by the McCanns.

Such is human nature, what is perverted to some people, is not to others, and who could possibly be in a position to judge? Who draws the line? What is the line? If a headmaster likes to wear 6inch heels and a sparkly dress at the weekend, is he unfit to teach kids?

I don't really care, nor do most people, what consenting adults get up to or watch, (as long as no-one vulnerable is hurt, obviously) its all a matter of personal taste which leads on of course to that huge question, what is good, and what is bad taste?

In a survey of elderly people, when asked what they regretted most when looking back, the majority of them said they should have had more sex! For many people, their sex comes via the internet and I don't think the government, or indeed anyone, should have the right to pry into peoples' quirks to the extent that they can be incriminated for their viewing history. Its a bit Big Brother and its a bit creepy.

Continuing to respond to this now on the Murat thread, as I understand that this thread is only basically about the Scotland Yard proposed 'dig' in Praia da Luz.

REPLIES IN BLUE TO CRISTOBELL BELOW

+++++++++++++

[Tony B] ...the perverted sexual interests of Murat and Malinka, are most definitely matters of interest,

There is no evidence they have ever harmed anyone, and we can be pretty certain that their backgrounds have been checked over by dozens if not hundreds of investigators, especially those hired by the McCanns.

REPLY: Let's put it this way, Cristobell.

You are the co-ordinator of an investigation into a missing child. The case has become an international cause celebre.

You then get an anonymous telephone call from someone too frightened to give their name - a common experience for police forces all over the world. From such 'phone calls, invaluable information is often given.

The snatcher could have been a paedophile. The grieving parents think it could have been paedophiles. Newspaper articles appear everywhere speculating that this was the work of a paedophile. Examples of previous paedophile snatches and murders are produced.

The anonymous caller saus very specifcially that a man from Praia da Luz, whom she clearly identifies, has child sexual abuse on his computer and that he encrypts it.

The after that, you get a 'phone call from a family friend (Carlos Costa) who has known Murat well for 20 years. He tells you that Murat has a record of violence and very perverted sexual interests. 

Do you take an interest in him?

Or not?  

Such is human nature, what is perverted to some people, is not to others, and who could possibly be in a position to judge? Who draws the line? What is the line?

Obviously, in this case: (1) possessing and viewing child sexual abuse images and (2) bestiality. I'm surprised you even asked the question

If a headmaster likes to wear 6inch heels and a sparkly dress at the weekend, is he unfit to teach kids?

Depends on the context. If it is an adult fancy dress ball, why not? Otherwise, yes, he probably is unfit. Headteachers, above all in a school, must set a good example - be a role moldel  

I don't really care, nor do most people, what consenting adults get up to or watch, (as long as no-one vulnerable is hurt, obviously)

This is a police investigation of a child who may have been abducted and murdered. You are told that Murat

a) has child sexual abuse on his computer
b) reguarly watches 'Red Clouds' and other hard core porn
c) has bestilaity on his computer
d) has encrypted material on his computer
e) has been violent to people 
f) has made unwanted sexual advances on females.

Which of the above would concern you as an investigator?

it's all a matter of personal taste which leads on of course to that huge question, what is good, and what is bad taste?

In a survey of elderly people, when asked what they regretted most when looking back, the majority of them said they should have had more sex! For many people, their sex comes via the internet and I don't think the government, or indeed anyone, should have the right to pry into peoples' quirks to the extent that they can be incriminated for their viewing history. Its a bit Big Brother and its a bit creepy.

But the point here is that a 3-year-old girl is missing, and you have a man in view as a suspect. Of course you search his computer. Of course you're concerned that he's encrypted a lot of material on it.

No, of course viewing porn, even hard core porn, is not a criminal offence these days, although it might have been under the Obscene Publications Act not so far back in time.

But it is well known that many of those who drift towards committing acts of sexual abuse have trodden this path of:

watching soft porn >>> watching hard core porn >>> watching other forms of sex commonly viewed as deviant or perverted >>> watching child sexual abuse images >>> commiting acts of child sexual abuse

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 10.05.14 22:36

I`m no Mary Whitehouse, but I must say I`m in agreement with Tony`s feelings on the above .. and that includes the headmaster in high heels and glitter dress.  laughat 

BTW ....  I think it was me that set the other thread off on a tangent (unwittingly of course) by noting that Malinka lived in Rua 25 Abril, where the road was being dug up  ... just a simple remark like that caused a major diversion.  Sorry.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 10.05.14 22:50

Yes Tony has given a good post I think.

As to who cares what consenting adults get up to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone - my view is that plenty of people get hurt when consenting adults watch porn.   Women and children a lot of the time when watching porn becomes "a must" for the male in their lives.   Many watch it morning, noon and night and think about it an abnormal amount of time, some to the point of being unable to hold down a job.  

Also I heard recently that the whole of the porn industry in USA has twice had to be shut down because some "actors" had been found to be HIV positive, so yes consulting adults whether "actors" or viewers can and do get hurt by this filth.

As for the survey of older people, the majority saying that they wished they had had sex more often, how many were men, who conducted the survey?  Was it an internet porn site by any chance?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.05.14 23:13

plebgate wrote:Yes Tony has given a good post I think.

As to who cares what consenting adults get up to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone - my view is that plenty of people get hurt when consenting adults watch porn.   Women and children a lot of the time when watching porn becomes "a must" for the male in their lives.   Many watch it morning, noon and night and think about it an abnormal amount of time, some to the point of being unable to hold down a job.  

Also I heard recently that the whole of the porn industry in USA has twice had to be shut down because some "actors" had been found to be HIV positive, so yes consulting adults whether "actors" or viewers can and do get hurt by this filth.

As for the survey of older people, the majority saying that they wished they had had sex more often, how many were men, who conducted the survey?  Was it an internet porn site by any chance?

Thank you for making all these points, but especially the one in red.

Because anything we see makes an impression on the mind, one way or another. For good or for evil. That is why the TV and film media are so persuasive.

Pornography images are graphic and undoubtedly stay in, and prey on, the mind, as you say, plebgate.

I read a recent statistic that said something like 25% of all time on the internet, or 25% of all connections made to the internet, was for the purpose of watching pornography. The word 'staggering' doesn't cut it. 'Appalling' does, perhaps.

There are child sex abusers who have been counselled and who have openly conceded that they have traced their gradual descent into committing gross acts against children to the very first time they watched so-called 'soft' porn  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 10.05.14 23:21

Yes I agree Tony and let's not forget the appalling number of hits on House of Commons computers to porn sites, so people are accessing during working hours also.

We have also recently heard of a child aged 12 raping a ?6/7 year old girl because he had seen one of these porn films so unfortunately it is not only consenting adults who are viewing it.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.05.14 10:16

Tony Bennett wrote:
But it is well known that many of those who drift towards committing acts of sexual abuse have trodden this path of:

watching soft porn >>> watching hard core porn >>> watching other forms of sex commonly viewed as deviant or perverted >>> watching child sexual abuse images >>> commiting acts of child sexual abuse

I'd just like to qualify that and say that, like the similarly oft quoted "inevitable" progress from soft to hard drugs, it's certainly true for some people. I've seen more hardcore pornography than I would have liked to and, frankly, if anything it had the opposite effect on me to the one you describe. As you know I'm not religious but I do like my biblical quotes, and the one about idle hands rings true here I think. A healthy, stable upbringing, good relationships with family, friends and work colleagues, varied interests and perhaps a few outdoor pursuits and I think you are much better prepared to deal with these things and keep them in perspective.

I couldn't possibly comment on whether the above applies to Mr. Murat or not.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 11.05.14 12:32

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
As you know I'm not religious but I do like my Biblical quotes...
Here's one that seems particularly fitting for the subject under discussion...

Finally, brethrem,
whatseover things are true,
whatseover things are honest,
whatsoever things are just,
whatseover things are pure,
whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of good report,
if there be any virtue,
and if there be any praise,
think on these things.

Paul's letter to the believers at Philippi, Chap 4 v 8

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 11.05.14 13:08

Tony Bennett wrote:

Thank you for making all these points, but especially the one in red.

Because anything we see makes an impression on the mind, one way or another. For good or for evil. That is why the TV and film media are so persuasive.

Pornography images are graphic and undoubtedly stay in, and prey on, the mind, as you say, plebgate.

I read a recent statistic that said something like 25% of all time on the internet, or 25% of all connections made to the internet, was for the purpose of watching pornography. The word 'staggering' doesn't cut it. 'Appalling' does, perhaps.

There are child sex abusers who have been counselled and who have openly conceded that they have traced their gradual descent into committing gross acts against children to the very first time they watched so-called 'soft' porn  

I will come back to your other points Tony, but dealing with your last line first, Good heavens! 

The child abusers have blamed their heinous acts on the first time they watched so called soft porn.  Of course they have! They will always shift the blame, its what they do.  If they were counselled by trained psychologists, then this suggestion is absurd.  A study of Freud and Kinsey, would take the establishment of their sexual desires much further back than an adolescent peek at Playboy or a boys night in with Debbie Does Dallas

Lets bring in the utilitarian thoughts of Dickens' Mr. Gradgrind, are you suggesting that because a tiny percentage of the population who have seen pornography go on to become child abusers it must be banned in all its forms?  Its like banning a popular film, because 1 out of the 100 million people who saw it, went on the rampage.  

Pornography is a taboo subject, but it is all a question of taste, and our objection to other peoples' habits and hobbies has no place in legislation Tony. There is a demand for pornography - it has been there since the first caveman drew saucy pictures on cave walls and the exotic Asians sent the Karma Sutra to print.  You cannot legislate against human nature, its impossible.  In my opinion, pornography is not the heart of all evil, greed is.  Greed is at the heart of this case and most atrocities that are committed in the world.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 11.05.14 13:11

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

I'd just like to qualify that and say that, like the similarly oft quoted "inevitable" progress from soft to hard drugs, it's certainly true for some people. I've seen more hardcore pornography than I would have liked to and, frankly, if anything it had the opposite effect on me to the one you describe. As you know I'm not religious but I do like my biblical quotes, and the one about idle hands rings true here I think. A healthy, stable upbringing, good relationships with family, friends and work colleagues, varied interests and perhaps a few outdoor pursuits and I think you are much better prepared to deal with these things and keep them in perspective.

I couldn't possibly comment on whether the above applies to Mr. Murat or not.

Totally agree, a healthy stable upbringing will arm most kids for what they come across in life  smilie
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 11.05.14 13:16

No, it was a mainstream survey, and made headlines at the time.  And no, it was not predominantly men, the old ladies were equally as forthright.  I have often quoted the survey to elderly people I know, and they have all giggled and agreed.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 11.05.14 13:34

Tony Bennett wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Ayniia wrote:Markus please stop quoting the press as being the files or something...
@ Markus 2

I think that's correct.

If this one press story is your main basis for saying that Murat might have been a cause of Madeleine's disappearance, then you are placing a massive amount of weight on what is in effect no evidence at all.

What he might have done after Madeleine's disappearance, and the perverted sexual interests of Murat and Malinka, are most definitely matters of interest, but do not suggest that Murat was in any way responsible for Madeleine's disappearance. Whether Gerry McCann and Robert Murat already knew each other is another matter of interest

But having looked at the link you gave, I found this bit more interesting and relevant:

Meanwhile new claims have been made that Gerry McCann organised a game of tennis in the days after his daughter Madeleine disappeared.

In an allegation likely to infuriate the McCanns, a waiter at the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Laz said Gerry and Kate were "very cool" after she vanished and seemed less upset than their friends.

The waiter said: "What we found really strange was Gerry, days after the little girl disappeared, calmly playing tennis. He played with an old couple from England.

"I thought that everybody else in the group seemed more upset and stressed and bothered than the parents.

"They were so cool about it. I never saw them cry or anything. They played tennis and went jogging.

"They didn't seem as distraught as their friends. If my kid disappeared I'd go insane. I wouldn't be able to function. They'd have to lock me away."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

UNQUOTE

the perverted sexual interests of Murat and Malinka, are most definitely matters of interest,

Such is human nature, what is perverted to some people, is not to others, and who could possibly be in a position to judge? Who draws the line? What is the line? If a headmaster likes to wear 6inch heels and a sparkly dress at the weekend, is he unfit to teach kids?

I don't really care, nor do most people, what consenting adults get up to or watch, (as long as no-one vulnerable is hurt, obviously) its all a matter of personal taste which leads on of course to that huge question, what is good, and what is bad taste?

Continuing to respond to this now on the Murat thread, as I understand that this thread is only basically about the Scotland Yard proposed 'dig' in Praia da Luz.

REPLIES IN BLUE TO CRISTOBELL BELOW
MY REPLIES IN RED - HOPE ITS NOT CONFUSING!

+++++++++++++

[Tony B] ...the perverted sexual interests of Murat and Malinka, are most definitely matters of interest,

REPLY: Let's put it this way, Cristobell.

You are the co-ordinator of an investigation into a missing child. The case has become an international cause celebre.

You then get an anonymous telephone call from someone too frightened to give their name - a common experience for police forces all over the world. From such 'phone calls, invaluable information is often given.

The snatcher could have been a paedophile. The grieving parents think it could have been paedophiles. Newspaper articles appear everywhere speculating that this was the work of a paedophile. Examples of previous paedophile snatches and murders are produced.

The anonymous caller saus very specifcially that a man from Praia da Luz, whom she clearly identifies, has child sexual abuse on his computer and that he encrypts it.

The after that, you get a 'phone call from a family friend (Carlos Costa) who has known Murat well for 20 years. He tells you that Murat has a record of violence and very perverted sexual interests. 

Do you take an interest in him?

Or not?  

Of course, and they did.  They have come under an enormous amount of scrutiny and if there was any evidence against them - for anything - we would have heard. 

Such is human nature, what is perverted to some people, is not to others, and who could possibly be in a position to judge? Who draws the line? What is the line?

Obviously, in this case: (1) possessing and viewing child sexual abuse images and (2) bestiality. I'm surprised you even asked the question

My answer was generic, not this case specifically.  

If a headmaster likes to wear 6inch heels and a sparkly dress at the weekend, is he unfit to teach kids?

Depends on the context. If it is an adult fancy dress ball, why not? Otherwise, yes, he probably is unfit. Headteachers, above all in a school, must set a good example - be a role moldel  

The key word was 'weekend'.  Even I don't think it would be suitable attire for a Monday morning assembly. Is he a role model on his weekends? his days off?  Is he allowed no private life? 

I don't really care, nor do most people, what consenting adults get up to or watch, (as long as no-one vulnerable is hurt, obviously)

This is a police investigation of a child who may have been abducted and murdered. You are told that Murat

a) has child sexual abuse on his computer
b) reguarly watches 'Red Clouds' and other hard core porn
c) has bestilaity on his computer
d) has encrypted material on his computer
e) has been violent to people 
f) has made unwanted sexual advances on females.

Which of the above would concern you as an investigator?

Again, my answer was generic and not specific to this case.  Of course, in the circumstances, Robert Murat should have been investigated and he was.  

it's all a matter of personal taste which leads on of course to that huge question, what is good, and what is bad taste?

But the point here is that a 3-year-old girl is missing, and you have a man in view as a suspect. Of course you search his computer. Of course you're concerned that he's encrypted a lot of material on it.

No, of course viewing porn, even hard core porn, is not a criminal offence these days, although it might have been under the Obscene Publications Act not so far back in time.

Regarding the first line of the above paragraph, millions more have seen imagines of soft porn, hard porn, deviant and perverted (who can judge what is deviant and perverted - its a question of taste) and have not gone on to watch child porn nor have they committed act of child sexual abuse. Where are you going here Tony?  What is your solution? 
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 11.05.14 14:03

QUOTE :CRISTOBELL .Of course, and they did.  They have come under an enormous amount of scrutiny and if there was any evidence against them - for anything - we would have heard. 

Like the Jimmy Savile case he came under scrutiny many times yet no one did anything about it. So could easily happen with him, wonder what they are keeping back.

People get away with anything and everything nowadays viewing or partaking in bestiality for starters, not your normal mind is it ? Not many partial to that sort of thing I would think.

Saw somewhere that the Smiths were closer to Murat then people think, now that is an avenue to research.
The more I read the more I am convinced these two FRIENDS WHO LIKE THE SAME PORN AND WHAT EVER ELSE are in it somewhere.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] definitely referred to me on that blog and it was my fault it was derailed, I did go on about Murat and Malinka a lot, so I don't mind taking the blame.
Markus 2

Activity : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 11.05.14 14:25

Markus 2 wrote:QUOTE :CRISTOBELL .Of course, and they did.  They have come under an enormous amount of scrutiny and if there was any evidence against them - for anything - we would have heard. 

Like the Jimmy Savile case he came under scrutiny many times yet no one did anything about it. So could easily happen with him, wonder what they are keeping back.

No comparison, this is case specific, a child is still missing.  There are a many determined detectives out to discover what happened to Madeleine, the fact that the McCanns pointed the finger at Murat, goes against them.  

People get away with anything and everything nowadays viewing or partaking in bestiality for starters, not your normal mind is it ? Not many partial to that sort of thing I would think.

Not quite sure what anything and everything is Markus, its never occurred to me to wonder whether the people I meet have intimate relationships with their sheep (consenting or otherwise), on the whole I would say they probably don't, but I'm obviously very naive as I had no idea bestiality was rife.

Saw somewhere that the Smiths were closer to Murat then people think now that is an avenue to research.
The more I read the more I am convinced these two FRIENDS WHO LIKE THE SAME PORN AND WHAT EVER ELSE are in it somewhere.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 11.05.14 14:37

quote Cristobell No comparison, this is case specific, a child is still missing.  There are a many determined detectives out to discover what happened to Madeleine, the fact that the McCanns pointed the finger at Murat, goes against them.

Hundreds of children were abused, or  maybe murdered  yet  time and time again Savile got away with it. No different IMO

Think it was Kate not Gerry pointed the finger at Murat
Markus 2

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 11.05.14 17:35

Cristobell wrote:

No, it was a mainstream survey, and made headlines at the time.  And no, it was not predominantly men, the old ladies were equally as forthright.  I have often quoted the survey to elderly people I know, and they have all giggled and agreed.
Funnily enough I asked a few old ladies I know what they thought and they said they deffo would not have wished to have more sex, never take any notice of these surveys myself.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 11.05.14 17:49

Funnily enough I asked a few old ladies I know what they thought and they said they deffo would not have wished to have more sex, never take any notice of these surveys myself.

Markus 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 12.05.14 9:45

Martin Smith visits Portugal at least three times every year, staying at an apartment he owns within the Estrela da Luz complex.
 LUCKY for Robert Murat that the Smith family knew of him
Is he anything to do with property  thus having a closer connection with Murat
Thought I better put this on this site or I might be accused of being a troll  , just keeping an open mind  on it, thats  all. Seems like a lot of Irish investors over there.
Have to admit Gerry looked jittery in the Fiona Bruce interview though . ?

Sources said the “field operation” will begin in the Portuguese holiday resort of Praia da Luz within days.

The first area to be examined is one the size of three football pitches across the road from the Ocean Club resort where the McCanns were staying when Madeleine disappeared.

Holiday flats funded by Irish investors were going to be built on the land until the economic crisis forced the project’s cancellation.

Land near the resort’s Our Lady of the Light Church – where the McCanns prayed for Madeleine’s safe return – is also expected to be examined.
Markus 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 12.05.14 10:42

Markus 2 wrote:Martin Smith visits Portugal at least three times every year, staying at an apartment he owns within the Estrela da Luz complex.
Thought I better put this on this site or I might be accused of being a troll  , just keeping an open mind  on it, thats  all. Seems like a lot of Irish investors over there.

Sources said the “field operation” will begin in the Portuguese holiday resort of Praia da Luz within days.

The first area to be examined is one the size of three football pitches across the road from the Ocean Club resort where the McCanns were staying when Madeleine disappeared.

Holiday flats funded by Irish investors were going to be built on the land until the economic crisis forced the project’s cancellation.

Land near the resort’s Our Lady of the Light Church – where the McCanns prayed for Madeleine’s safe return – is also expected to be examined.
I wonder if in May 2007 there were any placards on this land advertising the fact that blocks of holiday flats were going to be built in the near future? Indeed was there any preliminary infrastructure already in place.

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 12.05.14 12:13

Nina wrote:
Markus 2 wrote:Martin Smith visits Portugal at least three times every year, staying at an apartment he owns within the Estrela da Luz complex.

I wonder if in May 2007 there were any placards on this land advertising the fact that blocks of holiday flats were going to be built in the near future? Indeed was there any preliminary infrastructure already in place.
THAT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO KNOW
How many cases do we know  whereby suspects as in Murat's case have been proven innocent to go on to be at a later date with new evidence  found guilty I can't think of many cases ,unfortunately.
Markus 2

Back to top Go down

murat - Robert Murat Revisited - Page 8 Empty Paedo who fled Luz in 2006

Post by j.rob 12.06.14 16:39

Interesting. Story on the website 'Confidential Costa del Sol' dating back to 2008:

A British DJ who fled Luz in 2006 after being caught 'grooming' a 12 year old girl grew up in the same village as Robert Murat. His parents still run a pub, which, according to this report, Robert Murat's mother worked at. According to this report the pub was renamed by locals from the Plough and Harrow to the Plough and Paedophile.

The girl's mother (not named) found messages on her daughter's phone and phoned the 32 year old on the girl's mobile telling him if he went anywhere near her daughter she would kill him. 

j.rob

Activity : 2511

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top