The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Katie Hopkins Mm11

Katie Hopkins Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Katie Hopkins Mm11

Katie Hopkins Regist10

Katie Hopkins

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Katie Hopkins Empty Katie Hopkins

Post by dragonfly 28.10.13 23:00

admins Please remove if in wrong place

I thought this deserves it's own thread as mentions are getting lost in the sunday times thread, Love her or loathe her, Agree or disagree , trying to be controversial or merely stating what her opinions are and what she feels , I find her refreshing even If I disagree with 'some' of her opinions , I would rather some one spoke to the truth even if it went against the grain , than have to listen to a people pleasing brown nosing Lorraine Kelly ,

Now Katie has mentioned she is reading 'truth of a lie' she may start tweeting more on this subject, but the question is Do you think Phil and Holly are going to invite her on the sofa to debate this one out? ! Will the main stream media pick her up on this? or let it blow over? they want her on tv when its about fat kids, kids names, ginger hair ect, because she does get the viewers in , Would they let her have a debate about something like this?, Day break presenters are conformists they have contracts to keep same as reporters  conforming to their editors, Are they willing to let her be a mouth piece as they have no obligations to her? and I think she  is freelance, It will be telling to see if they ignore her on this one who knows?

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Katie Hopkins Empty Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by sofa 28.10.13 23:06

She probably won't be invited but she is supposed to appear in Celebrity Big Brother, terrible terrible program but I think I might check this out this year, might be interesting, she is out of control:laughat:
sofa

Activity : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackie Regan 28.10.13 23:10

Can someone confirm if the account of Katie Hopkins is genuine..it does not have "Blue Tick"
Jackie Regan
Jackie Regan

Activity : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly 28.10.13 23:13

Jackie Regan wrote:Can someone confirm if the account of Katie Hopkins is genuine..it does not have "Blue Tick"
 you dont have to have a blue tick , you have to request one, some people ask for them some dont, its the twitter that she has wrote all of her opinions on before that the media get their info from , hope that helps
 edit - that twitter account is linked to from her official site

dragonfly
dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackie Regan 28.10.13 23:15

Thanks for that dragonfly...wasn't quite sure how it worked..
I follow her anyway..but was never sure if twas genuine or not  ..Thanx
Jackie Regan
Jackie Regan

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly 28.10.13 23:22

Jackie Regan wrote:Thanks for that dragonfly...wasn't quite sure how it worked..
I follow her anyway..but was never sure if twas genuine or not  ..Thanx
Twitter  developed ‘verified status’, the ‘blue tick’, which is a badge on a Twitter account which signifies that Twitter has established its authenticity. The ‘blue tick’ is most commonly used for celebrities and high-profile individuals as they typically do not have the same advantage that companies do in terms of linking their Twitter page back to a website. The verified badge helps users to distinguish legitimate sources of information for their followers.
Unfortunately, neither companies nor celebrities can verify their own page. Twitter has full discretion as to whom they will verify on its own proactive basis. There are, however, several key tips to bear in mind when a company hopes to get verified on Twitter.
Link your Twitter profile to an official website. Remember to include the Twitter’s follow button on your web page so that even if you are not selected to be verified your followers will still be able to find your official twitter feed.
Build your case. The majority of accounts on Twitter are verified because there have been fraudulent accounts set up which are discrediting a brand’s messaging. If this is the case, you must make sure to document and report impostors and false tweets to Twitter and explain your case for needing that blue tick. Tweet @verified or e-mail the help centre for more details.
Advertise. Twitter won’t guarantee verification, but it is acknowledged unofficially in the online community that companies have a much better chance of being verified if they advertise heavily on Twitter. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that you will see a return on your investment.
At the end of the day, the blue tick is not the ‘be all or end all’ for your company’s social media presence online. It is much more important to take other considerations into account when developing your Twitter page, such as determining your niche and developing a targeted, planned approach which engages with your customers. By developing an integrated social media presence linking your Twitter page to your website, you have a much greater chance not only of increasing brand recognition and improving your search engine rankings, but also being verified on Twitter without having to put your case forward.

dragonfly
dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Katie Hopkins Empty for those not on twitter

Post by dragonfly 28.10.13 23:24

Katie Hopkins ‏[ltr]@KTHopkins[/ltr]1h
Reading the Truth of the Lie by Amaral. As with all things McCanns don't like, they are taking legal action to punish the author #McCanns

Crimewatch - brilliantly timed to drown out the noise of libel action surrounding 'The Truth of the Lie'. #McCanns

Solicitors will not find Madeleine. No matter how much cash you give them. Enough with the legal threats and libel action .#McCanns

dragonfly
dragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 28.10.13 23:35

She has the most unfortunate personality but I agree with a lot she says.  In a way I wish she wasn`t on the same side as me as her arrogance and brazen honesty can sometimes do more harm. I don`t follow her on twitter - don`t want to encourage her arrogance !
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackie Regan 28.10.13 23:39

I do follow alot on twitter..I'm not picky..but last night she really seemed to let rip
Jackie Regan
Jackie Regan

Back to top Go down

Post by PIForHire 28.10.13 23:44

shes lurvley
PIForHire

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 28.10.13 23:46

She let rip yesterday!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

66,000 'followers'

Sue in Wales‏@auldcrip3h
@quigleykarl @KTHopkins You would be better off phoning the Times as they broke the truth oops story on the #McCann cover up. KTH is sharing

Retweeted by Katie Hopkins

Katie Hopkins‏@KTHopkins3h
I would take a lie detector test tomorrow - I have nothing to hide and no filter. Repulsive to some. But honest either way.

Andy Templar P.A.I.‏@ajp19103h
@KTHopkins I must admit I have never been a fan of yours but I've come to admire your spirit ,keep it up lass ,from a Yorkshire lad

@KSLPinto agreed. I apologise.

You can rain libel on me all you want. I am not in the least bit afraid. Enough of the McCanns. Time someone stood up for Maddie #McCanns

Ruairi Glenn‏@ruairiglenn3h
@KTHopkins Love her or loathe her, the fact is that Katie Hopkins has hit the nail on the head re the McCanns #McCanns

Justice 4Anni‏@Justice4Anni3h
@KTHopkins Katie, please use the hashtag #mccann in your tweets and they will get the much wider exposure that they deserve.

Seeking justice‏@justice4maddie3h
@KTHopkins Katie Ive been following & fighting in the case for justice for 3yr old Maddie #McCann for 6 yrs now,thank you for speaking out

ELLAX❤‏@ellabellastwits3h
@KTHopkins this is the first time I've ever agreed with what u are tweeting, Something is definitely not right with the McCanns story :/

The public part funded the report that the McCanns hid away for 5yrs. I will not be silenced by their dubious editorial policy #McCanns

McCanns book devotes whole chapter to 8 key sightings. 7 have an e-fit. 1 was missed out - the e-fit the McCanns hid from us for 5 yrs.

To the 2400 that called in post Crimewatch. The McCanns could have provided this info in Nov 2008 but preferred to bury it as 'distracting'

Katie Hopkins‏@KTHopkins4h
Pay team of investigators to find your daughter. Don't like report. Block it. Forced to hand over. Find 'Revelations' Act pleased #McCanns

Katie Hopkins‏@KTHopkins5h
Crimewatch centred on a report the McCanns kept hidden away for 5 years. People phoned in in their thousands desperate to help these people.

Hayleigh Penfold‏@hayleighpenfold5h
@KTHopkins go u. First thing I've agreed on with u. We have something in common. Justice. Good for u Katie we've all said

Keep the libel stuff coming. It is time someone said what a lot of us are thinking. Enough of the nods and winks.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 29.10.13 0:28

dragonfly wrote:admins Please remove if in wrong place

I thought this deserves it's own thread as mentions are getting lost in the sunday times thread, Love her or loathe her, Agree or disagree , trying to be controversial or merely stating what her opinions are and what she feels , I find her refreshing even If I disagree with 'some' of her opinions , I would rather some one spoke to the truth even if it went against the grain , than have to listen to a people pleasing brown nosing Lorraine Kelly ,

Now Katie has mentioned she is reading 'truth of a lie' she may start tweeting more on this subject, but the question is Do you think Phil and Holly are going to invite her on the sofa to debate this one out? ! Will the main stream media pick her up on this? or let it blow over? they want her on tv when its about fat kids, kids names, ginger hair ect, because she does get the viewers in , Would they let her have a debate about something like this?, Day break presenters are conformists they have contracts to keep same as reporters  conforming to their editors, Are they willing to let her be a mouth piece as they have no obligations to her? and I think she  is freelance, It will be telling to see if they ignore her on this one who knows?
She'll be removed from the sofa.  Just like we never heard again of that Irish Booker Prize winner after she spoke out against the McCanns. Let's be honest, for a number of people speaking out against the McCanns has resulted in career death.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 29.10.13 0:31

jeanmonroe wrote:She let rip yesterday!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

66,000 'followers'

Sue in Wales‏@auldcrip3h
@quigleykarl @KTHopkins You would be better off phoning the Times as they broke the truth oops story on the #McCann cover up. KTH is sharing

I would take a lie detector test tomorrow - I have nothing to hide and no filter. Repulsive to some. But honest either way.

Andy Templar P.A.I.‏@ajp19103h
@KTHopkins I must admit I have never been a fan of yours but I've come to admire your spirit ,keep it up lass ,from a Yorkshire lad

@KSLPinto agreed. I apologise.

You can rain libel on me all you want. I am not in the least bit afraid. Enough of the McCanns. Time someone stood up for Maddie #McCanns

Ruairi Glenn‏@ruairiglenn3h
@KTHopkins Love her or loathe her, the fact is that Katie Hopkins has hit the nail on the head re the McCanns #McCanns

Justice 4Anni‏@Justice4Anni3h
@KTHopkins Katie, please use the hashtag #mccann in your tweets and they will get the much wider exposure that they deserve.

Seeking justice‏@justice4maddie3h
@KTHopkins Katie Ive been following & fighting in the case for justice for 3yr old Maddie #McCann for 6 yrs now,thank you for speaking out

ELLAX❤‏@ellabellastwits3h
@KTHopkins this is the first time I've ever agreed with what u are tweeting, Something is definitely not right with the McCanns story :/

The public part funded the report that the McCanns hid away for 5yrs. I will not be silenced by their dubious editorial policy #McCanns

McCanns book devotes whole chapter to 8 key sightings. 7 have an e-fit. 1 was missed out - the e-fit the McCanns hid from us for 5 yrs.

To the 2400 that called in post Crimewatch. The McCanns could have provided this info in Nov 2008 but preferred to bury it as 'distracting'

Katie Hopkins‏@KTHopkins4h
Pay team of investigators to find your daughter. Don't like report. Block it. Forced to hand over. Find 'Revelations' Act pleased #McCanns

Crimewatch centred on a report the McCanns kept hidden away for 5 years. People phoned in in their thousands desperate to help these people.

Hayleigh Penfold‏@hayleighpenfold5h
@KTHopkins go u. First thing I've agreed on with u. We have something in common. Justice. Good for u Katie we've all said

Keep the libel stuff coming. It is time someone said what a lot of us are thinking. Enough of the nods and winks.
Excellent stuff. Let's hope it gets retweeted all over the place!
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.10.13 13:07

Katie Hopkins is certainly a polarising figure. This discussion on childhood obesity on This Morning [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in which she went head to head with more liberal-minded journo Sonia Poulton, is a prime example. Interestingly, while polar opposites here, Katie and Sonia share a scepticism of the McCanns. Sonia's Twitter, https://twitter.com/SoniaPoulton while not as outspoken at Katie's, shows that this case crosses political as well as social lines.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife 29.10.13 13:19

After the McAlpine verdict on Sally Bercow, it would be a fool who had many followers and published something seriously libellous.
Aoife

Activity : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames 29.10.13 13:21

Katie Hopkins ‏@KTHopkins 1h

I am rather looking forward to being Carter Rucked. Is that cockney rhyming slang - I jolly hope so.
rustyjames

Activity : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 29.10.13 13:22

Maybe she thinks that funds could be running low and maybe she thinks that if she stands her ground against any libel threat, she might get an offer to settle out of court, maybe?

Maybe when the verdict on Mr. A's action is known, there will not be any other libel threats?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyjames 29.10.13 13:23

Popcorn wrote:Katie Hopkins is certainly a polarising figure. This discussion on childhood obesity on This Morning [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in which she went head to head with more liberal-minded journo Sonia Poulton, is a prime example. Interestingly, while polar opposites here, Katie and Sonia share a scepticism of the McCanns. Sonia's Twitter, https://twitter.com/SoniaPoulton while not as outspoken at Katie's, shows that this case crosses political as well as social lines.
Wonder if they'll be appearing together on the couch again soon?
rustyjames

Activity : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 29.10.13 13:26

Maybe someone who uses Twitter might direct Katie Hopkins towards what Goncalo Amaral has said in the Gente magazine interview.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife 29.10.13 13:28

plebgate wrote:Maybe she thinks that funds could be running low and maybe she thinks that if she stands her ground against any libel threat, she might get an offer to settle out of court, maybe?

Maybe when the verdict on Mr. A's action is known, there will not be any other libel threats?
Libel in Portugal is different to libel in England. All Sally Bercow posted was a simple rhetorical question that only hinted at wrong doing and it has cost her £15,000.The McCanns have only acted on libel against people with standing and traction on the matter. SOmeone like Katie Hopkins might make a tempting target to reinforce their campaign that they are innocent.
Aoife

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 29.10.13 13:33

Aoife wrote:
plebgate wrote:Maybe she thinks that funds could be running low and maybe she thinks that if she stands her ground against any libel threat, she might get an offer to settle out of court, maybe?

Libel in Portugal is different to libel in England. All Sally Bercow posted was a simple rhetorical question that only hinted at wrong doing and it has cost her £15,000.The McCanns have only acted on libel against people with standing and traction on the matter. SOmeone like Katie Hopkins might make a tempting target to reinforce their campaign that they are innocent.
Yeah but yeah but no but.....can the McCanns really afford (reputation wise as well as financially) to enter into more litigation? Can the McCanns take on twitter? shut down the internet? gag the press? close fora?

If the McCanns can do that they can't have much time left for searching.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13360

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife 29.10.13 13:38

aquila wrote:
Aoife wrote:

Yeah but yeah but no but.....can the McCanns really afford (reputation wise as well as financially) to enter into more litigation? Can the McCanns take on twitter? shut down the internet? gag the press? close fora?

Twitter is riding for a fall in the UK. The McAlpine verdict (with which I seriously disagree and which was made on the coat-tails of Leveson) means that even indirect suggestion of criminality is illegal on Twitter. McAlpine decided to accept minimal payments from people with small lists of followers, but went after well known tweeters for moderate sums. There is no real defense that can be offered against even mild innuendo if people want to make a point.

Whether it is politically useful is a matter for the person claiming to be libelled- it is an open question what the British public feel about such matters, and the McCanns might see it as worthwhile to garner more newspaper coverage about their 'innocence' by going after a tall poppy on Twitter.
Aoife

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 29.10.13 13:40

Aoife wrote:
aquila wrote:
Aoife wrote:

Twitter is riding for a fall in the UK. The McAlpine verdict (with which I seriously disagree and which was made on the coat-tails of Leveson) means that even indirect suggestion of criminality is illegal on Twitter. McAlpine decided to accept minimal payments from people with small lists of followers, but went after well known tweeters for moderate sums. There is no real defense that can be offered against even mild innuendo if people want to make a point.

Whether it is politically useful is a matter for the person claiming to be libelled- it is an open question what the British public feel about such matters, and the McCanns might see it as worthwhile to garner more newspaper coverage about their 'innocence' by going after a tall poppy on Twitter.
You have a good point there but with Gerry and the Hacked Off Crew (sounds like a good name for a band) and the libel trial in Portugal would the best advice be to enter into more litigation? I dunno. We live in interesting times.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13360

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta 29.10.13 13:41

I remember seeing her on This Morning and talking about not letting her kids play with other kids of certain names...she came in for a lot of stick but at the end of the day I bet Scholfield and Willoughbooby feel exactly the same. It was hilarious for us in a way because as foster carers we knew the names she was talking about featured heavily on facebook friends list of the troubled kids we were looking after. 

So...ths McCann tweets are very interesting. She's not saying anything that can't be proven - someone in Team McCann DID suppress those e-fits, the McCanns have launched action against people who disagree with them...fail to see what they could sue her for.
nomendelta

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 29.10.13 13:48

KH has simply commented on The Sunday Times article, she's made no accusations that I can see - so how can her tweets amount to libel?
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum