The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Mm11

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Mm11

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Regist10

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why are there 17 similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Vote_lcap3%SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 7 ]
SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Vote_lcap2%SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 5 ]
SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Vote_lcap38%SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 91 ]
SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Vote_lcap57%SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 136 ]

Total Votes : 239

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Empty Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Woofer 10.09.14 9:39

Tony - thanks for your replies.  I agree there are odd coincidences, e.g. the timing of the reporting by the Smiths. 

I acknowledge the full moon was clouded over. I didn`t realise it was a blue moon (but the first one, the actual being on the 30th).  I`ve always noticed the many occult links in this case.

I also agree that the efits do look different but I still think they could represent 2 separate peoples` perspectives, depending on the angle they viewed from and portion of face visible.  I acknowledge that you have information that the efits were made up or specially created but are under a promise not to divulge.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Empty Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Tony Bennett 10.09.14 9:47

Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:Tony wrote REPLY: I have said previously that the notion that Gerry McCann carried his dead daughter through the streets of Praia da Luz from their apartment to the beach at the very same time as his wife and friends were raising the alarm is very far-fetched 

--------------------------
Especially as he had a blue tennis bag he could have 'hid' her in to carry her to the beach/church.

REPLY: Actually, GGS, that is a very good point that I don't think has yet been made in the debate over the 'Smithman' sighting. It adds to the overwhelming impossibility of Gerry McCann openly carrying around his dead daughter, clad only in pyjamas, around the streets of Praia da Luz for several minutes, at the very moment when his wife and friends were raising the alarm.

Even more unlikely is Johanna Renstein's theory ['Unterdenteppichgekehrt'] that not only did the above happen but also that Gerry McCann, after being seen by the Smiths, managed to find somewhere convenient to hide his dead daughter's body, then rushed back breathless to the rest of the Tapas 9, and told Jane: 'Listen, I've been seen by someone, make up a sighting at 9.15pm that looks like me but with a few subtle differences'. I'm sorry to say this about a fellow McCann-researcher who has otherwise done good work, but Johanna's theory is IMO sheer fantasy and utterly improbable    

But anyway, Tony, what is the significance of you trying to discredit the Smithman sighting?

REPLY: Over the years, I noted how, bit by bit, the McCanns not only latched on to 'Smithman', but actively began promoting him.

As long ago as May 2009, they used him in the Channel 4/Mentorn Media documentary to suggest that Tannerman and Smithman might be one and the same. The 'sighting by the Irish family' was then placed prominently on their 'Find Madeleine' website and has remained there ever since - for five-and-a-half years. Then Dr Kate McCann promoted Smithman on 6 pages of her book, using a three-page analysis to highlight the 'striking similarities' between Tannerman and Smithman. Ever since May 2009, Smithman had become an essential part of the McCanns' narrative.

In the lead-up to the BBC Crimewatch McCann Special on 13 October last year, no-one really thought that DCI Andy Redwood's 'revelation moment' would turn out to be the replacement of Tannerman as the chief suspect by Smithman. Indeed, just under a year ago I ran a poll here specifically to get opinion on who the new suspect would be. IIRC only 2 out of 100 or so people on here predicted it would be 'Smithman'.

[ ETA:  I have now found the poll...In fact, out of 42 guesses as to who the new suspect would be, only one predicted he would be Smithman:  https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t7962-the-website-of-madeleine-s-fund-will-it-be-swiftly-updated-whilst-the-crimewatch-programme-is-running ]

As I said, Smithman had been quietly promoted by the McCanns for five-and-a-half years.

Then came CrimeWatch.

Suddenly, not only were the McCanns backing Smithman, but also

* DCI Redwood
* Those above him at the Met
* The BBC, at the highest level
* and by implication, the government, who had set up Operation Grange in the first place under orders from the CEO of Rupert Murdoch's News International, Rebekah Brooks.

And the mainstream media followed suit.

So I went back to check all that I could find about the Smith sighting.

And I found many aspects of this sighting that concerned me.

It is, for me, only - and  always has been - a search for the truth in all aspects of this case. That's one of the reasons I spent so much time researching the activities of the McCanns' private investigators - because I sensed there was an untold, hidden story there.  

People on a certain blog say you must be working for the McCanns by discrediting the evidence that points away from the parents.

REPLY:  Que? I think you meant 'discrediting the evidence that points to the parents' - yes?

First point - look at the evidence of the Smiths and it is utterly useless in terms of being of any value whatseover in any court case. I hope I don't need to elaborate on that, it is self-evident.

Second, I suggest this is part of what happened.

Smith claimed - not credibly IMO - that the man he couldn't see properly on a dark night was Gerry McCann. Well, he was '60% to 80% sure', whatever that really means. BUT, months later, he was contacted - and visited - by the likes of Brian Kennedy, Kevin Halligen and Henri Exton. Somehow, following that, he seem to have had a change of heart. No longer does he think it was Gerry McCann. On the contrary, Smith has been interviewed by DCI Redwood (or one of his staff) at least twice, once in 2012 and once in 2013.

I suggest that he has in some way gone along with the content of DCI Redwood and Matthew Amroliwala's statements on CrimeWatch last October. Martin Smith has therefore become part of the 'presentational package' in this case which is to represent Smithman as the most likely candidate for the missing abductor.

Yet I am certain that the family did not, and could not have produced, those 2 e-fits of two very different-looking men.

One final point about the blog you mention. One tactic used over and over again by those who want to cover up the truth is to smear and smear again those trying to uncover it. I suggest that those who spout over there that I have done some kind of deal with the McCanns to discredit the Smith sighting are in fact those who are doing their best to frustrate the efforts of those seeking the truth in this case. 

If the Smithman sighting is wrong then what does it mean?

REPLY:  If the Smiths saw someone and it wasn't Madeleine, the sighting is utterly irrelevant, as PeterMac has already pointed out elsewhere on the forum.

If the Smith sighting is an invention, it would be in my submission one of FOUR invented sightings of an abductor who never existed. As follows:

1. Tannerman - fabricated by Jane Tanner

2. 'Sagres photographer man', also fabricated, allegedly seen trying to snatch an infant on 26 April, the description of him is: "The stranger did not look like a tourist; brown hair down to his collar, wearing cream-coloured trousers and jacket and shoes of a classic style". There is an uncanny comparison between the descriptions of this man and Tannerman

3. Smithman - possibly fabricated in order to help Robert Murat

4. Crecheman - fabricated by DCI Andy Redwood in order to promote Smithman and develop the idea that the abductor may have killed Madeleine in the process of a burglary etc.

Examine all four of those claimed 'sightings' and I suggest that not one of those four is in the least convincing.

Moreover, there is an uncanny similarity in the descriptions given of this mystery man, he is always wearing a dark jacket, livght trousers, and always, but always, 'didn't look like a tourist'.

Did someone write out a script, a crib-sheet, for the description of this mystery man?

What else could have happened in its place? I know many people believe Maddy died earlier in the week so there is no way he would have been carrying a badly decomposing body through the streets on the 3rd.

REPLY:  Sorry, can't go there for legal reasons 

Sorry for being thick  sad

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.09.14 9:55

Woofer wrote: I acknowledge that you have information that the efits were made up or specially created but are under a promise not to divulge.
No, that's not correct, I have not made any promises not to divulge.

It is simply that two names have been put forward as the basis for these two different efit images. The allegation is essentially that Henri Exton or Kevin Halligen concocted them from persons known to them but who actually have nothing whatsoever to do with the case. They are said both to be images derived from actual photographs - and therefore, if that is right, all the claims that these two e-fits of two different men are based on the Smiths' hazy recollections of what they say they saw, must be false.

I simply need to do further research and get expert opinion before saying any more on these e-fits.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.09.14 10:23

Tony Bennett wrote:

I simply need to do further research and get expert opinion before saying any more on these e-fits.

Seems like pretty uncharted territory to me, I've no idea who would be an expert in matters akin to this.

Just going back to Golf Net a moment, I think in a game of Buzzword Bingo, this....

A former senior army officer - with extensive management and leadership skills acquired during a twenty-five year career both at home and overseas -, his entrepeneurship, vision, enthusiasm and perseverence has aassembled a team of hugely experienced and talented individuals with the combined skill-sets to realise his ambition of creating a global brand. Through the strategic partnerships that he has established, he has positioned Golf Net to rapidly establish a significant international presence. His inventiveness has created an impressive range of unique and innovative products that will be the launch-pad for what will become a major international brand.

.... would be a "full house".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by palm tree 10.09.14 10:58

Re the title of this thread, with km IMO trying to connect tannerman with smithman and tannerman being ruled out, should we now forget about the discriptions of these two? If OG have been truthful and did find tannerman, that would mean jt did see someone and told the truth, but, if jt did make this up, then how can we believe OG! Its kinda like, either we believe OG and jt (both), or we don't believe OG and jt, which leaves both being dishonest. I'm stuck because I want to believe OG, but at the same time, I'm finding it hard to believe jt! I'm also finding it hard to believe tannerman didn't come forward in 2007.
IMO

Activity : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.09.14 11:58

palm tree wrote:Re the title of this thread, with km IMO trying to connect tannerman with smithman and tannerman being ruled out, should we now forget about the discriptions of these two? If OG have been truthful

I don't think OG has ever been about the real truth in this case, I'm sure those 2 e-fits were not and could not have been drawn up by the Smiths, and I suggest crecheman is a cunning invention - really, how likely is it that crecheman kept silent for over 6 years? He was walking the wrong way from the creche anyway. How conventient he was mostly wearing a dark jacket and light trousers that week! And carrying a young girl home in her pyjamas at 9.15pm on a cold night - and taking a longer route home than necessary. No buggy? No blanket for her? I don't buy it. The whole Operation Grange is bogus, bogus, bogus IMO from start to finish  

and did find tannerman, that would mean jt did see someone and told the truth,

Yes, that follows...if OG are truthful

but, if jt did make this up, then how can we believe OG! Its kinda like, either we believe OG and jt (both), or we don't believe OG and jt, which leaves both being dishonest.

Agreed. And that is the view I've come to, JMO as they say

I'm stuck because I want to believe OG,

As do so many. It is not pleasant to think of £10 million being spent by police officers who may be corruptly covering up the truth. But then we have Hillsborough, Rotherham, Stephen Lawrence, Daniel Morgan, Operation Tiberius, Plebgate...police lies, lies and lies

but at the same time, I'm finding it hard to believe jt! I'm also finding it hard to believe tannerman didn't come forward in 2007.

Exactly, palm tree, see above

IMO

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by palm tree 10.09.14 12:39

Tony Bennett wrote:
palm tree wrote:Re the title of this thread, with km IMO trying to connect tannerman with smithman and tannerman being ruled out, should we now forget about the discriptions of these two? If OG have been truthful

I don't think OG has ever been about the real truth in this case, I'm sure those 2 e-fits were not and could not have been drawn up by the Smiths, and I suggest crecheman is a cunning invention - really, how likely is it that crecheman kept silent for over 6 years? He was walking the wrong way from the creche anyway. How conventient he was mostly wearing a dark jacket and light trousers that week! And carrying a young girl home in her pyjamas at 9.15pm on a cold night - and taking a longer route home than necessary. No buggy? No blanket for her? I don't buy it. The whole Operation Grange is bogus, bogus, bogus IMO from start to finish  

and did find tannerman, that would mean jt did see someone and told the truth,

Yes, that follows...if OG are truthful

but, if jt did make this up, then how can we believe OG! Its kinda like, either we believe OG and jt (both), or we don't believe OG and jt, which leaves both being dishonest.

Agreed. And that is the view I've come to, JMO as they say

I'm stuck because I want to believe OG,

As do so many. It is not pleasant to think of £10 million being spent by police officers who may be corruptly covering up the truth. But then we have Hillsborough, Rotherham, Stephen Lawrence, Daniel Morgan, Operation Tiberius, Plebgate...police lies, lies and lies

but at the same time, I'm finding it hard to believe jt! I'm also finding it hard to believe tannerman didn't come forward in 2007.

Exactly, palm tree, see above

IMO
Total confusion Tony, confusion is good, so gm says. Thing is, confusion is why Madeleine has still not been found, I'm sure gm knows this so there must be a reason for him to confuse people and then tell people it's good! Phew, what a mess they've made if they truly want her back, or do they?
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.09.14 12:59

palm tree wrote:
Total confusion Tony, confusion is good, so gm says...
Just for the record, palm tree, the original quote by Dr Gerald McCann, in a Scottish TV interview, 24 August 2007, was:

"And, in fact, one of the slight positives in all of this is that there is so much rumour about what did and didn't happen, it's actually very difficult, if you read the newspapers, watching TV, to know what's true and what's not".

And how very true that is of this case.

Understandably, people have shortened this to: 'Confusion is Good'

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 10.09.14 14:13

Tony Bennett wrote:
palm tree wrote:
Total confusion Tony, confusion is good, so gm says...
Just for the record, palm tree, the original quote by Dr Gerald McCann, in a Scottish TV interview, 24 August 2007, was:

"And, in fact, one of the slight positives in all of this is that there is so much rumour about what did and didn't happen, it's actually very difficult, if you read the newspapers, watching TV, to know what's true and what's not".

And how very true that is of this case.

Understandably, people have shortened this to: 'Confusion is Good'

Or `confusion is a slight positive`.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 10.09.14 16:45

We have confirmation from Sergeant Liam Hogan that no Martin Smith e-fits were done by January 2008, so if we are to accept that the two e-fits were anything to do with MS and one other (Crimewatches ‘two witnesses’), the MS side of them would be relying on at least a 9 month old memory of features not seen clearly in the first case, because the face was partly obscured and because it was dark. Redwood said the e-fits are the same person.

To illustrate the nonsense of this, 9 months ago the Queen gave her traditional Christmas message, lasting some 8 minutes. Many people will not have watched this in full, but probably caught snippets of it lasting up to a minute on the news, considerably longer than the few seconds sighting the Smith’s would have had.
Who can now honestly remember what colour dress she was wearing, what jewellery she had on or whether she wore glasses throughout the speech or took them on and off?
That should be the easy part, without facial shape, hairstyle and colour, shapes of features etc etc.

Frankly an e-fit after that period is barely credible (but not completely impossible).

I’ve used it before, but refer again to the recent OU Forensic Psychology course relating to identification:

for ID evidence to be credible two basic requirements are needed, max. distance of 15 metres and a min. illumination of 15 lux.’

‘Lux is a measurement of luminance, where 0.3 lux is equivalent to night time with a full moon; 30 lux is equivalent to a badly lit room; and 300 lux is equivalent to a brightly lit room. It is important to note that this research does not mean that identification will be accurate if the perpetrator was seen from less than 15 metres and at more than 15 lux, just that identification evidence cannot be relied on unless these requirements are met.’

We know there was a full moon the night before, so about 0.3 lux, but it was a cloudy night so may well have been less than that.

So we not only have the light requirement not being met, we also have the time delay, which renders the sighting virtually useless as far as any sort of identification goes.

I have no particular reason to doubt that the Smiths saw someone carrying a child, but this is certainly not good enough evidence to build a definite sighting around.

The ‘percentage probabilities’ in the statements that this was both GM & M mean little and can only come from very leading questions.

I would suggest that anybody standing outside a school or nursery as a class of 4 year olds came out, would probably see at least a couple of little blond girls looking like M.  Similarly, take the two e-fits up your local High Street and see how many matches or ‘could-be’s you get.
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by palm tree 10.09.14 18:00

I think that if Martin did report it 2days after the event he could still remember what he saw, having to report something like a man carrying a nearly four year old child, turning his head away, not answering to his wife when asked was she asleep and then being reported missing I'm sure would keep that memory as clear as possible in his head. I think if the queen had unfortunately been "taken" a day or two after the speech, then a lot more people would remember the clothing and glasses then.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 10.09.14 21:48

Doug D wrote:REPLY: Thank you for a sudden influx of both raw common sense and expert opinion, Doug D, to the vexed subject of the 'Smith sighting'. I am most grateful - as indeed all of us should be on ths forum - for your input.

We have confirmation from Sergeant Liam Hogan that no Martin Smith e-fits were done by January 2008, so if we are to accept that the two e-fits were anything to do with MS and one other (Crimewatches ‘two witnesses’), the MS side of them would be relying on at least a 9 month old memory of features not seen clearly in the first case, because the face was partly obscured and because it was dark. Redwood said the e-fits are the same person.
To illustrate the nonsense of this, 9 months ago the Queen gave her traditional Christmas message, lasting some 8 minutes. Many people will not have watched this in full, but probably caught snippets of it lasting up to a minute on the news, considerably longer than the few seconds sighting the Smith’s would have had.Who can now honestly remember what colour dress she was wearing, what jewellery she had on or whether she wore glasses throughout the speech or took them on and off? That should be the easy part, without facial shape, hairstyle and colour, shapes of features etc etc.
Frankly an e-fit after that period is barely credible (but not completely impossible).

REPLY: Yes, all very good points, but the delay may have been a lot longer than even you suggest. From various indications, I had earlier placed the date of the e-fiits as in the spring or summer of 2008. However, I saw a recent article, from an official source I'm sure, suggesting that these e-fits were drawn up in October 2008. If that turns out to be correct, then the Smiths drew up their e-fits 17 MONTHS after their alleged sighting.

But whether it was 9 months or 17, or somewhere in between, I thank you again for pointing out the utter impossibility of their being able to draw up any e-fits after such a long time. When you tack on to that the fact that they have come up with two very different-looking people:

fat, rectangular face older man, and
thin, triangular face younger man 

...it must surely be apparent to all that we have NOT been told the truth about these e-fits - not by the McCann Team, and not by DCI Andy Redwood. That means that we need to fiund out where the truth lies. And if the Met Police have lied in front of an audience of 6.7 million people about those e-fits, I for one want to expose that. 

I’ve used it before, but refer again to the recent OU Forensic Psychology course relating to identification:

for ID evidence to be credible two basic requirements are needed, max. distance of 15 metres and a min. illumination of 15 lux.’

‘Lux is a measurement of luminance, where 0.3 lux is equivalent to night time with a full moon; 30 lux is equivalent to a badly lit room; and 300 lux is equivalent to a brightly lit room. It is important to note that this research does not mean that identification will be accurate if the perpetrator was seen from less than 15 metres and at more than 15 lux, just that identification evidence cannot be relied on unless these requirements are met.’

We know there was a full moon the night before, so about 0.3 lux, but it was a cloudy night so may well have been less than that.

REPLY: Yes.

So we not only have the light requirement not being met, we also have the time delay, which renders the sighting virtually useless as far as any sort of identification goes.

REPLY: My only point of disagreement with you is that I would replace the word 'virtually' with 'totally'.

I have no particular reason to doubt that the Smiths saw someone carrying a child, but this is certainly not good enough evidence to build a definite sighting around.

REPLY: Let's suppose for one moment that they really did see a man at 10.00pm carrying a young blonde child dressed only in pyjamas. Nine of them. And yet NOT ONE of them did anything about that sighting, despite saturation coverage of the story for weeks afterwards, until 13 days later - the day after Robert Murat ws made a suspect??  

The ‘percentage probabilities’ in the statements that this was both GM & M mean little and can only come from very leading questions.

REPLY: Either leading questions, Doug D, or possibly carefully prepared answers. 

I would suggest that anybody standing outside a school or nursery as a class of 4 year olds came out, would probably see at least a couple of little blond girls looking like M.  Similarly, take the two e-fits up your local High Street and see how many matches or ‘could-be’s you get.

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 10.09.14 22:27

"And, in fact, one of the slight positives in all of this

is that there is so much rumour about what did and didn't happen, it's actually very difficult, if you read the newspapers, watching TV, to know what's true and what's not".HOW CAN GM SAY ITS VERY DIFFICULT?  "SLIGHT POSITIVE"  ??? WtF is he on about? 

OH and btw - I need to post something Off Topic (ADMIN - where do I post this please?) its ref Tasmin's (age 12 kid who's granma lived in 5A.....
she said [snipped from PJ files/statements]

"She also mentions that she lived in the apartment where the missing child was staying, that belonged to her Grandmother, who is already deceased. WHERE DID SHE DIE? If it was in 5A could this explain the cadaver? That she didn't actually reside there, but spent extensive and repeated periods of time there, with her Grandmother and her Mother. The apartment was bought in 1994 and sold in 2002 and therefore she knows it perfectly, both from the inside and from the outs.

Can we get confirmation of

1 - her granma lived in 5A

2 - place of granmas death

???

If she died at "home" (in 5A then surely that throws up the "confusion" ref cadaver dog?

Ps ... Don't run away with any idea that I am leaping camp/jumping ship with this observation.

sorry for font size.... (must adjust my pc)
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 10.09.14 23:04

A valid point for discussion but the OC have already stated that no one has ever died in that apartment before. 

Having checked Tamsin' statement, nowhere does she mention where her grandmother had died.  I think that we can be assured that both the British and Portuguese police, also Martin Grime, would have ruled this out. I also think that the girls family would have come forward and said if the gran had died there.

Even if someone had died in the apartment previously, we still have the dogs alerts to Kate's clothing, Cuddlecat, the hire car and the keys etc. not to mention the blood and the DNA.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 10.09.14 23:15

Thank you Sharon1 - I just posted elsewhere - so made a complete show of me self!!!
Thank you for your response, and can I ask you to sort out the misplaced reply?
Mucho Gracia
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 10.09.14 23:24

sharonl wrote:A valid point for discussion but the OC have already stated that no one has ever died in that apartment before. 

Having checked Tamsin' statement, nowhere does she mention where her grandmother had died.  I think that we can be assured that both the British and Portuguese police, also Martin Grime, would have ruled this out. I also think that the girls family would have come forward and said if the gran had died there.

Even if someone had died in the apartment previously, we still have the dogs alerts to Kate's clothing, Cuddlecat, the hire car and the keys etc. not to mention the blood and the DNA.
Thank you Sharon1... I thought I had read that CONFIRMATION before... I just asked due to BS statement in S&S book... (sorry for losing sight - I have friends over but want to keep up to date- and forgot where I posted ... again thanks for sorting. xx
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 10.09.14 23:37

Don't know if you have seen this thread Don't make me Laff but it it interesting re. where the dogs alerted.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t5450-the-dogs-and-ci-de-almeida-s-report?highlight=dogs+alerrted
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 10.09.14 23:46

@ Tony, in reply to Doug D :-

"REPLY: Let's suppose for one moment that they really did see a man at 10.00pm carrying a young blonde child dressed only in pyjamas. Nine of them. And yet NOT ONE of them did anything about that sighting, despite saturation coverage of the story for weeks afterwards, until 13 days later - the day after Robert Murat ws made a suspect??  

In red above - Tony, has this become a fact now or is just what you believe ?
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 11.09.14 7:20

Woofer wrote:@ Tony, in reply to Doug D :-

"REPLY: Let's suppose for one moment that they really did see a man at 10.00pm carrying a young blonde child dressed only in pyjamas. Nine of them. And yet NOT ONE of them did anything about that sighting, despite saturation coverage of the story for weeks afterwards, until 13 days later - the day after Robert Murat ws made a suspect??  

You have to balance...

Their police statements - three of them - which make no reference to any period of agonising or torment by anyone before Martin Smith made his call on 16 May

and

The explicit statements of both Martin Smith and his son Peter that they only decided to act when Peter (allegedly) made his  now-famout 'Am I dreaming?' quote

against

one report only in the Daily Mirror - six-and-a-half years later and two days after the BBC CrimeWatch McCann Show - which made an otherwise wholly unsubstantiated claim that Martin Smith made a report to the PJ on 5 May - no detail, no indication of whether it was a 'phone call or a visit, and nothing whatsoever in the PJ files

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by palm tree 11.09.14 7:48

I voted no.4, as I think smithman was Gerry. A result of being caught by Martin and his family.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 11.09.14 8:55

Tony Bennett wrote:
Woofer wrote:@ Tony, in reply to Doug D :-

You have to balance...

Their police statements - three of them - which make no reference to any period of agonising or torment by anyone before Martin Smith made his call on 16 May

and

The explicit statements of both Martin Smith and his son Peter that they only decided to act when Peter (allegedly) made his  now-famout 'Am I dreaming?' quote

against

one report only in the Daily Mirror - six-and-a-half years later and two days after the BBC CrimeWatch McCann Show - which made an otherwise wholly unsubstantiated claim that Martin Smith made a report to the PJ on 5 May - no detail, no indication of whether it was a 'phone call or a visit, and nothing whatsoever in the PJ files

Yes, ok fair enough it`s what you`ve concluded, but I was just highlighting that it is not a fact.  We do not know for sure so cannot post it as a definite fact.
Woofer
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 11.09.14 11:25

Cover note

Detective Branch
Drogheda
County Lough

Re – Investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

I took an additional statement from Mr Smith as requested. His wife does not want to make another statement. I showed him the video clip and he stated that it was not the clip that alerted him but the BBC news at 10 PM on 9th September 2007.

He has been contacted by numerous tabloid press looking for stories. He has been contacted by Mr Brian Kennedy who is supporting the McCann family to take part in a photo fit exercise. He has given no stories or helped in any photo fits. He sent a solicitor’s letter to six papers in relation material that was printed that was misquoted. The Evening Herald paid his solicitor's fees and all papers printed an apology. His photograph appeared in another tabloid paper and this matter is being pursued at the moment.

I do not believe that Martin Smith is courting the press and my view his is a genuine person. He is known locally and is a very decent person.

Forwarded please

Sergeant

L*** H****

unquote
Note: It is clear from the wording that the above refers to at least  two statements made by M.Smith, possibly this is even the third. I.e: the statement made around two weeks after the abduction, not necessarily on hte 16th as that date stems from "a friend of the McCanns" and the remark comes from an article in the Irish Times (see topic in debating section: Reading behind the lines Irish Times, for article in full), statement made some time after September 9th and this would be the third.
Mary Smith not wishing to make another statement is ambiguous, it may mean that she did make a statement at an earlier date or that she does not wish to add a statement to that of her husband. Any statement of hers would be to the Gardai as she did not go to Portugal.

Additional statement by Martin Smith, 30 January 2008

I hereby declare that this statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and that I make it knowing that if it is tendered in evidence I will be liable to prosecution if I state in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.

I would like to state that the statement I made on 26th May 2007 in Portugal is correct. The description of the individual that I saw on 3rd May 2007 carrying a child is as follows. He was average build, 5 foot 10” in height, brown hair cut short, aged 40 years approximately. Wearing beige trousers and darkish top maybe a jacket or blazer. He had a full head of hair with a tight cut. This individual was alone. I saw Gerard McCann (sic) going down the plane stairs carrying one of his children on 9th September 2007 BBC news at 10 PM, I have been shown the video clip by Sergeant Hogan which I recognise. A clip I have seen before on the Internet. In relation to the video clips of Gerard McCann and the person I saw on 3rd May 2007 when I saw the BBC news at 10 PM on 9th September 2007 something struck me that it could have been the same person. It was the way Gerard McCann turned his head down which was similar to what the individual did on 3rd May 2007 when we met him. It may have been the way he was carrying the child either. I would be 60-80% sure that it was Gerard McCann that I met that night carrying a child. I am basing that on his mannerism in the way he carried the child off the plane. After seeing the BBC news at 10 PM, footage on the 9th September 2007 I contacted Leicestershire police with this information. During that time I spoke to all my family members who were with me on the night of 3rd May 2007 about this and the only one who felt the same way as me was my wife. She had seen the video clip of Gerard McCann walking down the stairs of the plane earlier that day. We did not discuss this until some days later. This statement has been read over to me and is correct.

unquote

Note: there is a difference imo in tense which iirc is also in the early statements, the man they saw turned his head down as he was getting close to the group.
A group of nine would not be walking quickly so I would suppose several seconds to see a face which was seen from different angles and I believe from slightly below as the road slopes.

As to e-fits. We don't even know if these are EV-fits where a video programme is used. The brain is very good at recognition and not at all good at reconstructing separate features.
The way a person walks or moves - the gait - is already being used as an identification method on CCTV images. So I have no problem at all with the two faces which are imo of the same man, seen by two different people and from different angles.
In both  images the chin area differs as the jawline would be mostly hidden by the back of the child's head.

In one of the many topics on this matter, some state that it is suspicious that  the character of Martin Smith is vouched for  by the Gardai. By September many so-called witnesses had come forward, merely to attract attention or for personal gain. I don't find it surprising that the Gardai officer wrote this.
Whether the harassment by the media started before January isn't clear to me. It seems to me that between January 3rd when there are several articles about the sighting and January 30th when the additional statement above was made, the Smiths were finally visited by Kennedy et al.
A photofit was requested to be made - if this was going to be on the lines of bundleman and possibly with the help of the ubiquitous Ms Little I don't know. However iirc the Powerpoint presentation by the McCanns was made some time in November and made no mention of the Smiths. (see Powerpoint presentation by TM in debating section) - no photofit was made.
Mr. Smith employed solicitors to correct misinformation in the press.
Possibly the pressure was such that he made an additional statement to correct the misinterpretations in the press. He was certainly misquoted in the Irish Times and Daily Mail.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.14 12:46

Thanks for that extremely informative post, tigger. roses
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?  - Page 18 Empty smithman2

Post by logical 11.09.14 12:57

Tony/ Tigger
Smithman zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
grrrrr yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn IMO

logical
logical

Activity : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11.09.14 13:01

logical wrote:Tony/ Tigger
Smithman zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
grrrrr yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn IMO

Why? Don't you think Smithman is important?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top