The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 6 Mm11

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 6 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 6 Mm11

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 6 Regist10

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 6 Empty Re: Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY

Post by jozi 27.09.13 11:46

candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 1m
#madeleine Outside court Mr McCann said: "I want to give evidence. Kate and I know better than anyone what we've experienced."
Yes we know...but will ya tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth ?
Personally I can't understand why anyone would bring about a libel trial and not give evidence ?
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 6 Empty Re: Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY

Post by roy rovers 27.09.13 11:47

Maybe he's there to negotiate and the day's abandonment has been arranged to faclitate.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 27.09.13 11:50

GA has no need to negotiate imo. I think he might like to get an opportunity (if the judge allows) to see them in the witness box.

plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 27.09.13 11:55

candyfloss wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:Anyone know why the case has been postponed?

Surely not another personal issue for the judge???
I put it up nearly an hour ago.........

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 47m
#madeleine Today's hearing abandoned because Mr Amaral's lawyer's son is ill.
Sorry candyfloss, trying to catch up, a lot to read on various threads. Apologies for not seeing your post.
nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.13 11:56

nobodythereeither wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:Anyone know why the case has been postponed?

Surely not another personal issue for the judge???
I put it up nearly an hour ago.........

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 47m
#madeleine Today's hearing abandoned because Mr Amaral's lawyer's son is ill.
Sorry candyfloss, trying to catch up, a lot to read on various threads. Apologies for not seeing your post.
Sorry, I was a bit abrupt, really doing too many things at once. roses
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.13 11:58

Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 10m
#mcann libel trial adjourned after Goncalo Amaral's lawyer hurriedly leaves court - Madeleine's dad Gerry flew out for hearing in Lisbon
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 27.09.13 11:59

candyfloss wrote:Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 10m
#mcann libel trial adjourned after Goncalo Amaral's lawyer hurriedly leaves court - Madeleine's dad Gerry flew out for hearing in Lisbon
I do hope his son is ok
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 27.09.13 11:59

plebgate wrote:GA has no need to negotiate imo.    I think he might like to get an opportunity (if the judge allows) to see them in the witness box.

Oh boy, that would be worth watching !!!
jozi
jozi

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 27.09.13 12:07

plebgate wrote:GA has no need to negotiate imo.    I think he might like to get an opportunity (if the judge allows) to see them in the witness box.

I know but if GM offers GA enough the judge might say 'that's it' and not allow GA the luxury of a verdict which would suit GM.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.13 12:12

Notice 'some' on twitter having a go at Mr Amarals lawyer, about his professionalism and people having flown in etc. etc.  Moan, moan, yet not a peep out of them when the Judge failed to turn up for an afternoon session a couple of weeks ago.  People had flown in then too to give evidence, but anything to bash Mr Amaral and his lawyer as usual.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 27.09.13 12:18

Tony Bennett wrote:
candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 1m
#madeleine Outside court Mr McCann said: "I want to give evidence. Kate and I know better than anyone what we've experienced."
 In other words, 'it was a fat lot of use relying on the likes of Susan Hubbard, Michael Wright and Alan Pike'!
Well i agree with that, Tony, the previous witnesses 'evidence' has all been hearsay, but won't the McCanns 'evidence' ALSO be hearsay?

Have the McCanns stated outside court, today, that they are also there to ask the Portuguese authorities, personally, to officially re-open the case, which is their absolute right in Portuguese law?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 27.09.13 12:19

If the lawyer rushed out of court because he had a message his son was ill, how can anybody moan about that.

If I were them, I would be moaning about the way the children were left on their own on the holiday.

Never mind Mcmoaners - this interuption might allow Mr. & Mrs. to get their requests granted and stand in the witness box telling the World how the book damaged the search for Maddie.

I noticed that twice now Brunt has said that Mr. wants to give evidence for Maddie and for justice. No mention of the damages part of the writ. Has he dropped the £1.2 million part of the claim? big grin 

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 27.09.13 12:23

plebgate wrote:If the lawyer rushed out of court because he had a message his son was ill, how can anybody moan about that.

If I were them, I would be moaning about the way the children were left on their own on the holiday.

Never mind Mcmoaners - this interuption might allow Mr. & Mrs. to get their requests granted and stand in the witness box telling the World how the book damaged the search for Maddie.

I noticed that twice now Brunt has said that Mr. wants to give evidence for Maddie and for justice.  No mention of the damages part of the writ.  Has he dropped the £1.2 million  part of the claim? big grin 

No, Isabel said on Day 1 they were there for the money, and  they were trying to find out where Goncalo was hiding it.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 27.09.13 12:26

plebgate wrote:If the lawyer rushed out of court because he had a message his son was ill, how can anybody moan about that.

I noticed that twice now Brunt has said that Mr. wants to give evidence for Maddie and for justice.  No mention of the damages part of the writ.  Has he dropped the £1.2 million  part of the claim? big grin 

"telling the World how the book damaged the search for Maddie."

Unlike, the PJ 'final report' with the very same aspersions in it, which the McCanns 'welcomed'!
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 27.09.13 12:32

IF they give evidence JeanM I would guess that the judge and lawyers will be mentioning the Final Report as they have done so with all the other witnesses. titter 
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 27.09.13 12:33

jeanmonroe wrote:

"telling the World how the book damaged the search for Maddie."

Unlike, the PJ 'final report' with the very same aspersions in it, which the McCanns 'welcomed'!
I hope the Judge calls Gerry's bluff and allows him to testify Mr 
jozi
jozi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.13 12:37

This from a 'pro'

Amoral's legal team afraid of Gerry #McCann testifying. Fake illness staged in cynical attempt to create an adjournment. Time to settle?

spit coffee 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 27.09.13 12:41

candyfloss wrote:This from a 'pro'

Amoral's legal team afraid of Gerry  #McCann testifying. Fake illness staged in cynical attempt to create an adjournment. Time to settle?

spit coffee 

big grin  time will tell.

Who offered to settle originally? Mr Mrs 
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.13 12:42

This article in Daily Star from 9th September 2012. 

McCanns will miss cop's trial Daily Star Sunday

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 6 Dss090912
By Daily Star reporter
9th September 2012

THE parents of Madeleine McCann will avoid a showdown with a former police chief who wrongly claimed they lied about their daughter's disappearance.

Kate and Gerry McCann are hoping to win a £1million libel payout from disgraced Goncalo Amaral, who they say has made their life hell.

But the McCanns, both 44, are staying away from this week's trial in the Portuguese capital Lisbon.

Mr Amaral, 55, is attending the four-day hearing, which is scheduled to start on Thursday.

Kate and Gerry branded the ex-officer "poisonous" for claiming in a once-banned book that Maddie is dead and that they lied about her disappearance.

Their daughter vanished in Praia da Luz, Portugal, five years ago, aged three.

The McCanns’ lawyer Isabel Duarte said yesterday: "Kate and Gerry are not needed in Portugal for the trial."

She said they were confident of victory, adding: "We reasonably expect compensation for the dreadful damages this book has brought the family."

Any payout will be spent entirely on the continuing global search for Maddie, the couple said.

Mr Amaral led the bungled investigation but was sacked for criticising British police.

Kate wrote in her 2011 book Madeleine: "That man has caused us so much upset and anger."

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id426.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 27.09.13 12:47

HiDeHo wrote:Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 6 Tweets10

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 6 Mb_ga10

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 6 Gm10

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 6 Tweet10

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 6 Tweet310
But what is 'The Search' and how exactly has it been damaged? So far there has not been a shred of evidence to support that claim, or any of the claims. Their own 'searcher'/investigator admitted in court that he hasn't even read all the files, but it seems he runs around like a headless chicken chasing discounted sightings given to him by the McCanns. Farcical. Madeleine was only three years old when she disappeared more than six years ago, and for that reason it is to be expected that most people, whether they live in the UK or Portugal, will believe that she is dead - book or no book.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfgang 27.09.13 12:47

If the McCanns are claiming the book hindered the search for Madeleine and damaged their reputations, surely it can only be judged after she has been found.
Wolfgang

Activity : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 27.09.13 12:48

Amoral's legal team afraid of Gerry  #McCann testifying. Fake illness staged in cynical attempt to create an adjournment. Time to settle?

spit coffee 
Hahaha...that's priceless...Quite apart from the fact that in the extremely unlikely event Snr Amaral did want to settle, he would just say so, no need for "fake illnesses" etc

The level these people will stoop to never ceases to amaze me, someone's son is ill, potentially seriously, when they've had to be excused from an ongoing trial, and that bunch of lowlifes are cackling away trying to fit it to their own agenda...totally sick and twisted.  I hope for their sakes that karma doesn't decide to put them in the position of having to stop tweeting for 30 seconds to attend to an ill relative of theirs.

susible

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.13 12:50

This from 1st September 2013, just 4 weeks ago in Sunday Express.............

Isabel Duarte, the McCanns' lawyer in Lisbon, said: "Kate and Gerry do not have to give evidence so they do not need to be here. I am confident of winning."
 She is seeking damages for Kate, Gerry and their twins Sean and Amelie, plus further damages for the harm caused to the search for Madeleine.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id426.html

So why the sudden turnaround?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 27.09.13 12:51

candyfloss wrote:QUOTE from Daily Star 9 September 2012: The McCanns’ lawyer Isabel Duarte said yesterday: "Kate and Gerry are not needed in Portugal for the trial.
candyfloss, hard to choose between you and McCannFilles as the best and quickest archivist on the net...

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 27.09.13 12:51

spit coffee 
Perhaps it is Gerry that has jetted in with what little is left in the 'fund' to try to settle (AGAIN!) with Mr GA to stop 'proceedings'
jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top