The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 Mm11

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 Mm11

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 Regist10

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 Empty Re: Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY

Post by ultimaThule 27.09.13 10:06

aiyoyo wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote: If there was for example a late application for Kate McCann (or Gerry McCann) to give evidence, a judge could well say something like: "I'm not going to rule on this now, but I may consider a further application at a later stage in the proceedings (depending on how the evidence goes)". Sometimes, also, a witness can be recalled, if the court thinks s/he may have something to add.

As a general rule in the British courts - and no doubt in most other well-run judicial systems - a witness must tender their evidence well in advance and in writing. To allow last-minute witnesses would clearly prejudice the other side.  

I suspect the lack of factual reporting is just shoddy journalism.  
The Newpapers may have been told Kate wasn't able to testify but not given the reason for that, and journalists just cant be arsed to find out why, so worded it any how just to come up with an article about their case.   Something just scuppered their case is likely a notion invented by the Papers.  
Unless that 'scuppered their plan' is in quotation marks I doubt its from source..

In general also, it is more likely that a defendant would be allowed to introduce extra witnesses at the last minute than a claimant/plaintiff.  

What I can't understand so far is why, given the claim that both of the McCanns are suffering from the most serious and permanent depressions, with eating disorders and insomnia, indefinable fear and other such severe emotional conditions detailed in the libel writ...why we haven't yet heard from the McCanns' G.P. nor a Consultant in Depressive Disorders or a Consultant Psychiatrist.

They would be truly suicidal if they dare come up with psychiatrist reports certifying this and that, and risk being institutionalised at worst, or at best risk losing Gerry his job, Kate her freedom to come out to spin and raise fund,  and risk losing the twins to social service.

Even if they're hell bent on destroying Amaral that they produced psychiatrist reports to support their claims, there is no measurable mean to accurately reflects that all the contributory factors to their mental and emotional health conditions were caused by Amaral's book and one documentary/

The damage was already done when they were arguidos covered so widely in the national news and news worldwide is irreparable.
 There exists already plenty of negative and skeptical of them articles/media and press reports about them.  Besides there are other books written about the case that are negative about them.  

If the argument that book and documentary are easily available and easier to sway people's opinion than files access on the internet, then the same argument should apply to Kate's bewk and documentary.
Both versions are out in the public domain, if it is perceived  (since there's no accurate gauging measure ) that general public members believed one over the other, then it's no fault of the author or producer.  Credibility of the story is down to the discerning public to decide for themselves.
The public were given informed choices so how can they possibly argue one set of opinion is any more valid than the other.

If they say Amaral's book influence people, Kate has sold more of her books than Amaral, then which leg is their argument standing on?
Is she saying contents in her bews arent believable?  That no one believes it?

Whatever leg the McCanns' argument may be standing on, there are four defence lawyers waiting to cut it off at the knee. 

In the unlikely event that either of the gruesome twosome take the stand, it is to be hoped the Court building has the necessary facilities to accomodate exit by wheelchair.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 Empty Re: Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY

Post by jozi 27.09.13 10:08

aiyoyo wrote:
candyfloss wrote:So is Martin Brunt hotfooting it in to PDL today....

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt  
#madeleine Gerry McCann expected to ask judge to let him give evidence in libel trial against ex-cop Goncalo Amaral in Lisbon today.

Expected to ask?  

So earlier reports that he hopes to give evidence is just a load of tosh then!

Last minute request cant be entertained, surely any dim wit knows that, or any tom dick and harry can walk in from the street and expect to be allowed to testify

We have two hopes here.....Bob Hope and No Hope !!!

Its all pink spin. I'm almost certain that Mr G will not be testifying but just trying to get sympathy by saying the horrible Portuguese etc etc will not allow him to...

jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 27.09.13 10:36

Has there been a sighting yet?

plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by PEANUT66 27.09.13 10:47

Martin Brunt just tweeted pic of Mr M. arriving in court today!
PEANUT66

Activity : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.13 10:50

PEANUT66 wrote:Martin Brunt just tweeted pic of Mr M. arriving in court today!
Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 BVKNw3GCYAAtTWu

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 16m
#madeleine Gerry McCann arrives for libel trial. He said: "I'm here for Madeleine and justice." pic.twitter.com/DmwBtlCJN6
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.13 10:52

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 23m
#madeleine Ex-cop Goncalo Amaral in good mood as he arrives at McCann libel trial in Lisbon pic.twitter.com/pSWBbeazOn

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 BVKMidVCYAEPf14

clapping clapping clapping clapping Mrs Mrs Mrs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 27.09.13 10:55

If Gerry doesn't testify in Court today you can bet your bottom dollar he will make sure he is filmed pontificating on the Court steps with his prepared speech.

I suspect THAT is why he is really there.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.13 10:55

HEARING ABANDONED TODAY

Oh heck, a wasted journey for G McCann today........

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 38s
#madeleine Today's hearing abandoned because Mr Amaral's lawyer's son is ill.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 27.09.13 10:58

Oh sorry to hear that news. Hope it isn't serious.

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 27.09.13 11:02

candyfloss wrote:HEARING ABANDONED TODAY

Oh heck, a wasted journey for G McCann today........

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 38s
Oh dear!

ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 27.09.13 11:05

Will Gerry give a statement outside court I wonder? Poor Aunty Trish. Twice in a row she's not been able to testify.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 27.09.13 11:07

Just thinking, wonder when it will re-start?

If it's in a week or two, the judge might allow Mr. & Mrs. to give evidence as the late application rules (10 days notification) will no longer prevent them doing so?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.13 11:17

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 1m
#madeleine Outside court Mr McCann said: "I want to give evidence. Kate and I know better than anyone what we've experienced."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.13 11:18

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 1m
#madeleine Gerry McCann: "Damage has been caused to the search for Madeleine."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 27.09.13 11:23

candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 1m
#madeleine Outside court Mr McCann said: "I want to give evidence. Kate and I know better than anyone what we've experienced."
That's right Gerry, which begs the question why didn't you and Kate put yourselves down as a witness from day 1!

Don't answer we know it was for headlines and a chance to bash the Portuguese again. spin 
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 27.09.13 11:24

In other words, 'it was a fat lot of use relying on the likes of Susan Hubbard, Michael Wright and Alan Pike'!

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 27.09.13 11:24

BREAKING NEWS

Just heard Gerry arrived in Lisbon to give evidence, both barrels blazing, saying "he's there for Madeleine and Justice" but trial is postponed.......

Oh, dearie me, his blood must be boiling...
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 27.09.13 11:26

Tony Bennett wrote:
 In other words, 'it was a fat lot of use relying on the likes of Susan Hubbard, Michael Wright and Alan Pike'!
Sign of desperation, not good sign for them at all.

All those hearsayers were just waste of Court's time.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 27.09.13 11:28

margaret wrote:
That's right Gerry, which begs the question why didn't you and Kate put yourselves down as a witness from day 1!

Don't answer we know it was for headlines and a chance to bash the Portuguese again.  spin 
Inclined to think it's ID change of tactic when she realised the bunch of hearsay witnesses didnt make any impact.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 27.09.13 11:40

Anyone know why the case has been postponed?

Surely not another personal issue for the judge???
nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 27.09.13 11:40

aiyoyo wrote:
margaret wrote:

Don't answer we know it was for headlines and a chance to bash the Portuguese again. 
Inclined to think it's ID change of tactic when she realised the bunch of hearsay witnesses didn't make any impact.
But they have made an impact!

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 27.09.13 11:42

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 Tweets10

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 Mb_ga10

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 Gm10

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 Tweet10

Gerry McCann may be witness at libel trial tomorrow - Jerry Lawton **UPDATE** TRIAL ABANDONED FOR TODAY - Page 5 Tweet310
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.09.13 11:42

nobodythereeither wrote:Anyone know why the case has been postponed?

I put it up nearly an hour ago.........

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 47m
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 27.09.13 11:44

Tony Bennett wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
margaret wrote:

Don't answer we know it was for headlines and a chance to bash the Portuguese again. 
Inclined to think it's ID change of tactic when she realised the bunch of hearsay witnesses didn't make any impact.
But they have made an impact!
Not to their favour, not the same!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 27.09.13 11:46

candyfloss wrote:
nobodythereeither wrote:Anyone know why the case has been postponed?

I put it up nearly an hour ago.........

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt 47m
Gerry's air fare and expenses will of course be met by THE FUND.

Which presumably has shelled out for all the witnesses' expenses plus Isabel Duarte's fees...

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top