The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected  - Page 3 Mm11

PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected  - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected  - Page 3 Mm11

PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected  - Page 3 Regist10

PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected  - Page 3 Empty Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by Praiaaa 27.07.13 16:35

He won't win, but interesting that he is in the selection process. Wonder if he got any help from Esther McVey, Mrs McCann's school friend?
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected  - Page 3 Empty Re: PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected

Post by PeterMac 27.07.13 18:51

Praiaaa wrote:He won't win, but interesting that he is in the selection process. Wonder if he got any help from Esther McVey, Mrs McCann's school friend?
Read back a bit. He was selected. Incredible, ludicrous even, that the Tories should throw away a winnable seat.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.07.13 19:03

PeterMac wrote:
Praiaaa wrote:He won't win, but interesting that he is in the selection process. Wonder if he got any help from Esther McVey, Mrs McCann's school friend?
Read back a bit.  He was selected.  Incredible, ludicrous even, that the Tories should throw away a winnable seat.

I have updated the title of the topic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.07.13 22:12

[*]EXPRESS

[*]McCann media man, Clarence Mitchell, to stand for Tories
 [img]http://t.mookie1.com/rsp?min_age=2&rurl=http://oas.northernandshell.co.uk/RealMedia/ads/adstream.cap?c=mooker%26e=7d%26va=[MOOKIE]_[MOOKIE_AGE][/img][img]http://t.mookie1.com/cms?min_age=2&rurl=http://ib.adnxs.com/mapuid?member=1471%26user=[MOOKIE][/img]

McCann media man, Clarence Mitchell, to stand for Tories

MADELEINE McCann’s family spokesman has been chosen by the Tories to take on Britain’s first Green Party MP at the next general election.

Published: Sat, July 27, 2013

0Comments

PINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected  - Page 3 Clarence-Mitchell-417751McCann's spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said it was an 'honour' to have been selected

Clarence Mitchell, who has acted on behalf of the familyPINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected  - Page 3 Icon1 of the missing youngster for six years, has been selected as the Conservative prospective parliamentary candidate for Brighton Pavilion.

He will take on Caroline Lucas, the former leader of the Green PartyPINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected  - Page 3 Icon1 who had a majority of 1,252 at the last election.

Mr Mitchell tweeted: “Absolutely delighted to be selected by Brighton & Hove Conservatives… Huge honour. The fight… starts now.”

The fight starts now
Clarence Mitchell
[*]

The former BBC reporterPINKIE MITCHELL, short listed! **UPDATE** Now selected  - Page 3 Icon1 said he continues to work with the McCanns “when required” and his relationship with them will continue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 27.07.13 22:19

Comments not allowed on the Express story. Wonder why?titter 
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.07.13 22:24

they probably saw the ones on the Brighton and Hove News! titter
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 27.07.13 22:42

Well I wonder, I really do!

Will we be in the happy situation of paying his expenses when he gets into Parliament?

Why do I think that certain people connected to others seem to get rewarded for something?

Up, up, up the ladder we go!

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 27.07.13 23:05

Angelique wrote:Well I wonder, I really do!

Will we be in the happy situation of paying his expenses when he gets into Parliament?

Why do I think that certain people connected to others seem to get rewarded for something?

In the case of the McCanns they seem to be connected to a vast number of people who all seem to rewarding them in one way or the other. As you say up,up, up the ladder we go, first step Mitchell followed by G McCann. This has been worked out a long, long time ago and has been part of G McCann's wider agenda, he is no-one's fool; poor Madeleine got forgotten about on 3rd May 2007, she was just a stepping stone to untold riches and fame.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 27.07.13 23:35

Angelique wrote:Well I wonder, I really do!

After doing some research on this constituency, I am not sure that the plan is to get Clarence Mitchell elected.

The seat was Conservative up until Blair swept to Murdoch-assisted power in 1997, but the Conservative share of the vote has been dropping like a stone in this constituency for the last 30 years.

Here are the results:

Year of General Election - Conservative share of the vote in Brighton Pavilion

1979 - 53.7%
1983 - 51.5%
1987 - 50,8%
1992 - 46.6%
1997 - 27.7%
2001 - 25.1%
2005 - 23.9%
2010 - 23.7%.

In this 'progessive', fun-loving constituency where 13% of the communtiy are gay (about 15 times the national average), the voters lean largely to the left-liberal point of view, and the election of Caroline Lucas as the first-ever Green MP in the country also empahsises the Brighton constiutents' enthusiasm for fashionable environmental causes like the fiction of man-made global warming.

Mitchell has been parachuted in to a seemingly unwinnable seat.

One interesting conundrum is how and when this chief spinner and manipulator for Blair and the Labour government, 'controlling what comes out in the media', decided to join the Conservative Party.

My money is on March 2010, the month that David Cameron and his Director of Communications, former News of the World Editor Andy Coulson, discussed their need for Andy Coulson to have a Deputy in the run-up to the 2010 General Election, and decied that the best man for the job was...

...Clarence Mitchell.

A PR man with the right connections for hire - whatever the cause.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.07.13 8:07

Tony Bennett wrote:
...Clarence Mitchell.
A PR man with the right connections for hire - whatever the cause.
...Carter-Ruck
A PR firm with the right connections for hire - whatever the cause
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 28.07.13 8:36

Well researched, Tony. This is what I meant when I said he would not win - Brighton will not elect him. Maybe this is a return of favours form the Conservatives - chuck him a constituency to fight, but not one that is actually winnable.
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 28.07.13 8:43

I was thinking the same thing Praiaaa.

Yes Tony good research there and I cannot see a constituency such as B & H electing him, especially when the newspaper does not seem to be too keen.

It will be fun watching what the Opposition have to say if they quote from the newspaper. big grin 

I wonder if any of the electorate have questions about what happened to Maddie - wasn't Mitchell of the opinion that such people were nutters?
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.07.13 9:07

It would be poetic if he lost his £ 500 deposit. He will need 5% of the votes.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 28.07.13 9:16

TB

Politically I am a nerd in the nicest possible way. But this "A PR man with the right connections for hire - whatever the cause" is why he was positioned there in B & H?

There is something they want to influence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.07.13 9:33

Angelique wrote:TB

Politically I am a nerd in the nicest possible way. But this "A PR man with the right connections for hire - whatever the cause" is why he was positioned there in B & H?

There is something they want to influence.

It is all very curious.

Most of us on here would regard Clarence Mitchell as, at the least, a 'risky' choice for the Conservaties to make.

Without doubt, Mitchell would have to have been approved at the highest level in the Conservative Party to be even eligble for selection - and his selection by the B & H Constituency Association would have to be approved by the Prime Minister and Party Chairman anyway.

The Conservative Party has made great efforts to select 'politically correct' candidates e.g. black and women candidates - but have had some failures: Lord Taylor and Louise Mensch to name but two.

You wrote: There is something they want to influence.

Yes. Or to put it even more broadly: there has to be a reason.

It's often a good idea to ask the old Latin question: CUI BONO? = Who benefits?

Clarence Mitchell, for a start. He will get even more attention than he is doing at the moment. It's a very high profile seat, with Labour and the Liberals also fighting to oust Caroline Lucas (first Green Party MP).

Arguably the McCanns will also benefit - as putting Mitchell in the spotlight also will help to keep their campaign to find Madeleine in the headlines.

What is the benefit to the Conservative Party?

That's a question I find very difficult to answer - not much, judging by the reaction so far of Brighton residents.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.07.13 9:39

I presume now that Clarence Mitchell will no longer work as the McCanns PR?  Who will be their spokesperson now in all the newspaper articles, media etc.?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 28.07.13 9:46

Apparently he has stated that he will continue to work with Mr. anbd Mrs. when required?

If he does become an MP I can't see how he would be able to still be their spokesperson, but we shall see as he wont be elected imo.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.07.13 9:49

MPs often have fingers in many pies - very unsavoury ones in some cases - even full-time employment elsewhere. I can't see how a man of such character and stamina as Mr Mitchell will have any problems continuing to represent his worthy clients in the unlikely event of him being elected.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 28.07.13 9:54

But if by some chance he is elected it won't be the first time a parachute was worked.

I agree it is very curious. There has to be some reason why they want him to be an MP if its not for reward. The Salary/Pension/property/expenses/Directorships/lobby work/golden goodbye/kids expenses etc, etc is a serious boost.

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 28.07.13 10:03

An MP working for a couple who used Fund money to make mortgage repayments. Would the gen. public be happy with that state of affairs? IIRC it did not go down too well when that was revealed. It may well have been within the rules of the Fund, but it still annoys me to this day.

Wonder if the Oppostion will raise the matter during the election campaign?

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 28.07.13 10:08

plebgate wrote:An MP working for a couple who used Fund money to make mortgage repayments. Would the gen. public be happy with that state of affairs? IIRC it did not go down too well when that was revealed. It may well have been within the rules of the Fund, but it still annoys me to this day.

Wonder if the Oppostion will raise the matter during the election campaign?

plebgate

I doubt it will even get mentioned. But Pinkies PR experience - connections may make it a fait acompli. But as TB suggests there may be something connected to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.07.13 10:09

In recent times we've had the expenses scandal with claims being made for the most inappropriate items, one MP claiming rent allowance for the house he lived in with his partner (and which was owned by the latter) and another claiming that her family home was her second home used in connection with her duties as an MP.

Some might say that Clarence is less corrupt!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 28.07.13 10:13

Yes it is a murky business he is trying to get into NFWTD.

Angelique - I think maybe a few voters will raise the quesiton at the time, let's hope so. The Opposition can be very sneaky at times and put "plants" in to do their bidding. Let's hope that's the case here, but I don't think he will get in anyway. smilie 
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 28.07.13 10:16

Surely the sheer fact that for years Clarence Mitchell headed up Tony Blair's sinister Media Monitoring Unit - never mind his career for the past two decades amounting to nothing more than 'I'm for hire' reputation management - should make even the most dyed-in-the-wool 'true blue Tory' search for another name on the ballot paper before casting his/her vote?

A really good UKIP candidate might pick up many of those Conservative votes...

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 28.07.13 10:20

Tony Bennett wrote:Surely the sheer fact that for years Clarence Mitchell headed up Tony Blair's sinister Media Monitoring Unit - never mind his career for the past two decades amounting to nothing more than 'I'm for hire' reputation management - should make even the most dyed-in-the-wool 'true blue Tory' search for another name on the ballot paper before casting his/her vote?

A really good UKIP candidate might pick up many of those Conservative votes...

Yes I agree wholeheartedly but............as much as I would love a UKIP ........well here goes, it's what instructions come down from above. Are they getting their "ducks in a row"?

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top