The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 4 Mm11

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 4 Mm11

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 4 Regist10

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 4 Empty Re: SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13

Post by Guest 04.07.13 14:22

ITV

lucy manning ‏@lucymanning 11m

Neither Madeleine McCann's parents nor any of the group on holiday the Tapas 7 are incl in the people of interest police want to speak to.

Read what it says, they have people they still want to speak to, the McCanns not amongst them.........doesn't mean they haven't already spoken to them.

2:00pm, Thu 4 Jul 2013 38 face Madeleine inquiry quiz

British investigation focused on answering Madeleine McCann questions
Emma Murphy: Europe Correspondent Thumb_emma-murphy
- last updated Thu 4 Jul 2013

Madeleine McCann disappeared in Portugal six years ago. Photo: Family Handout

What happened to Madeleine McCann? How many times has that question been asked in the six years since she disappeared? How many times have you wondered it yourself or asked others?

It is likely only one person really knows the answer, and finding that person is now the focus of a British investigation led by officers from the Metropolitan Police, funded by the Government.

For the last two years they’ve studied all the documents and interviewed witnesses. Some have offered new information.

As a result detectives say there are now 38 people they want to talk to in the hope of finding out what happened. All were in Portugal at the time Madeleine disappeared and now live there, in the UK or in three other European countries. Twelve are British.
The holiday complex where Madeleine McCann went missing. Credit: Chris Radburn/PA Archive

Police are understandably cautious but it is a significant development in a case that haunts and endures. They continue to insist that in the absence of any evidence to the contrary they believe she may still be alive.

The review has given us new thinking, new theories, new evidence and new witnesses.

We, and the Portuguese authorities, remain completely committed to finding out what happened to Madeleine and everything we do is utterly focused on her best interests.

We continue to believe that there is a possibility that Madeleine is alive. It is a positive step in our hunt for Madeleine that our understanding of the evidence has enabled us to shift from review to investigation.

– DCI Andy Redwood, leading the Madeleine McCann case

British officers have now visited Portugal 16 times and are working through more than 30,000 documents.

They have ruled out any involvement of Kate and Gerry McCann or the seven friends who were holidaying with them.
Kate and Gerry McCann in May this year. Credit: John Stillwell/PA Wire

The review has taken in evidence from British officers asked to look into parts of the case, from the Portuguese and from the seven teams of private investigators hired by the McCanns to find their daughter.

For their part the McCanns have welcomed the shift from review to investigation.

It is clearly a big step forward in establishing what happened and, hopefully, towards bringing whoever is responsible for Madeleine's abduction to justice.

– McCanns statement

The investigation is being done with the full co-operation of the Portuguese.

A number of British officers have been and will be based in Portugal as the investigation continues but their work is fraught with difficulty as a result of working across different countries and different legal jurisdictions.
An age progression image of Madeleine McCann. Credit: Teri Blythe/Metropolitan Police

Madeleine was three-years-old when she vanished from the family’s holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia De Luz in May 2007. In the years since there have been many reported sightings but no clear lead.

The Portuguese investigation was closed in 2008. Under Portuguese law it could only be re-opened if significant new evidence came to light

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-07-04/british-investigation-focused-on-answering-madeleine-mccann-questions/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 04.07.13 14:23

Well my immediate view is that nothing much has changed.

They want to investigate and have the powers to interview these 38 people. Once they have interviewed them all then where do they go? Back to the statements.

It strikes me that this is simply a transfer of investigative powers from Portugal to the UK and that once these 38 "persons of interest" have been interviewed then they can have a look at the Tapas mob without fear of the same accusations that befell the PJ.

They appear to be working from the back to the front.

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Activity : 698

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 04.07.13 14:23

So, smiley holding placard with WTF on it and smiley with very sad face.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 04.07.13 14:24

Clarries statement -

"Kate and Gerry warmly welcome this shift in the Metropolitan Police emphasis. They see it as a huge step forward in establishing what happened and hope that it will lead to bringing to justice whoever was responsible for Madeleine's abduction."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10159633/Madeleine-McCann-Scotland-Yard-announces-fresh-investigation-as-police-seek-38-potential-suspects.html

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 4 Empty Kae & Gerry McCann the driving force behind Madeleine investigation

Post by Woofer 04.07.13 14:24

Such heroes aren`t they

http://m.guardian.co.uk/uk-news/2013/jul/04/kate-gerry-mccann-madeleine-investigation

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 04.07.13 14:24

tasprin wrote:They have got away with it. This 'big news' wasn't really any different from last year when Redwood said she may still be alive and they had 195 leads to investigate. It's only taken them just over a year to narrow it down to 38- fast workers. Nothing has changed, it's another UK cover-up, and £millions of taxpayers money down the drain. We're famous for them now.

They have indeed . If there was to be any news today it should have been knocks on UK doors at 6am this morning . 

To state they or the group have absolutely nothing to do with this case and that Madelaine may still be alive, flies in the face of the evidence contained in the files . 

No if there was going to be any hope it has just being extinguished today . 

Letters and calls should be directed  to Scotland Yard , the Home office and the National media . in response to this terrible statement based on total lies .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by cockerspaniel 04.07.13 14:26

personally I think thats it, why bother chasing 38 unknown suspects if you know who did it and where they are?? will the last person leaving this website remember to close the doors and turn of the lights, bon voyage !!!flag

Activity : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 04.07.13 14:27

Me wrote:Well my immediate view is that nothing much has changed.

They want to investigate and have the powers to interview these 38 people. Once they have interviewed them all then where do they go? Back to the statements.

It strikes me that this is simply a transfer of investigative powers from Portugal to the UK and that once these 38 "persons of interest" have been interviewed then they can have a look at the Tapas mob without fear of the same accusations that befell the PJ.

I'm afraid I had no high hopes. But does that mean that the court case in Portugal has had or is having a positive outcome for GA?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 04.07.13 14:27

I did not see or hear the announcement, but from all the cr@p that came out before it was clear it was going to be a whitewash.

Now let's hope that everyone, who was involved in this miscarriage of justice, has to be present at every whiny presentation, that alcohol loving hotlips Healy is going to give.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers 04.07.13 14:27

Now a British investigation is a good day's work. The rest is speculation. SY won't want to be left looking like fools. Watch this space in about another two years time.
roy rovers
roy rovers

Activity : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 04.07.13 14:28

stillsloppingout wrote:
tasprin wrote:They have got away with it. This 'big news' wasn't really any different from last year when Redwood said she may still be alive and they had 195 leads to investigate. It's only taken them just over a year to narrow it down to 38- fast workers. Nothing has changed, it's another UK cover-up, and £millions of taxpayers money down the drain. We're famous for them now.

They have indeed . If there was to be any news today it should have been knocks on UK doors at 6am this morning . 

To state they or the group have absolutely nothing to do with this case and that Madelaine may still be alive, flies in the face of the evidence contained in the files . 

No if there was going to be any hope it has just being extinguished today . 

Letters and calls should be directed  to Scotland Yard , the Home office and the National media . in response to this terrible statement based on total lies .

How can it be a whitewash when the investigation in the UK is still in its early stages?

Let's wait until the investigation is completed before jumping to conclusions.

What is certain is that since the start of the investigation there were  incongruent and even contradictory situations concerning the witness statements; the telephone records of calls that were made and received on mobile phones that belonged to the couple and to the group of friends that were on holidays with them; the movements of people right after the disappearance of the little girl was noticed, concerning the state in which the bedroom from where the child disappeared from was found (closed window? open window? partially open window?) etc., and the mystery would only become even thicker due to the clues that were left by the already mentioned sniffer dogs. - The Words of a JUDGE in relation to the McCanns
Me

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 04.07.13 14:28

stillsloppingout wrote:Well there we are then the whitewash complete . NONE OF THE 12 BRITISH SUSPECTS ARE ANY OF THE TAPAS GROUP OR THE MCCANNS .

Absolutly unbelievable . 

More millions wasted . The copper could hardly keep a straight face . Sadly the fight is really over now .

Well, I welcome the news. Its a step in the right direction and they are hardly going to announce Mr and Mrs are the main suspects are they ???

Its best to listen carefully to what the McCanns say about this !.......They don't seem to be saying much at all ???

I'm glad they welcome the New British Investigation and what else was mentioned,Oh yes, none of them are suspects.....pull the other one !!!

And where is Clarry when you need him ?
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 04.07.13 14:29

I think that was why G and K had long faces at the anniversary do. They will have to settle and to do so means a lot of compensation and probably counter claims - although they do have limitless amounts of cash from various sources.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 04.07.13 14:29

cockerspaniel wrote:personally I think thats it, why bother chasing 38 unknown suspects if you know who did it and where they are?? will the last person leaving this website remember to close the doors and turn of the lights, bon voyage !!!flag

To rule out all other persons of interest that they have found to prevent accusations of "shambolic" "witchhunts" when the parents and the Tapas mob get called in.

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 04.07.13 14:29

NO The Police don't categorically rule everybody out , then back in again , especially in a case this high profile . 
Portugal is skint they have rolled over . and the Yard are , bowing to the celebrity status of the McCann's .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 04.07.13 14:31

jozi wrote:
stillsloppingout wrote:Well there we are then the whitewash complete . NONE OF THE 12 BRITISH SUSPECTS ARE ANY OF THE TAPAS GROUP OR THE MCCANNS .

Absolutly unbelievable . 

More millions wasted . The copper could hardly keep a straight face . Sadly the fight is really over now .

Well, I welcome the news. Its a step in the right direction and they are hardly going to announce Mr and Mrs are the main suspects are they ???

Its best to listen carefully to what the McCanns say about this !.......They don't seem to be saying much at all ???

I'm glad they welcome the New British Investigation and what else was mentioned,Oh yes, none of them are suspects.....pull the other one !!!

And where is Clarry when you need him ?

Clarrie has made a statement 

"Kate and Gerry warmly welcome this shift in the Metropolitan Police emphasis. They see it as a huge step forward in establishing what happened and hope that it will lead to bringing to justice whoever was responsible for Madeleine's abduction."
bristow
bristow

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 04.07.13 14:31

Coming up on Sky now after the ads - where does the MM investigation go from here?

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 04.07.13 14:32

lj wrote:I did not see or hear the announcement, but from all the cr@p that came out before it was clear it was going to be a whitewash.

Now let's hope that everyone, who was involved in this miscarriage of justice, has to be present at every whiny presentation, that alcohol loving hotlips Healy is going to give.

Quite, it can't be whitewashed unless you have the item to be whitewashed under your own control. Ah well, we'll keep manning the barricades of justice and truth...

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Me 04.07.13 14:32

stillsloppingout wrote:

NO The Police don't categorically rule everybody out , then back in again , especially in a case this high profile . 
Portugal is skint they have rolled over . and the Yard are , bowing to the celebrity status of the McCann's .

Really? I disagree. They can quite easily rule people out based on the information they have now. That can of course change once new information has come to light.

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 04.07.13 14:32

Before saying anything and ruling out the parents and the friends the SY should:
Explain in a clear way all the inconsistencies in the statements,
Explain why they are not looking at the dogs findings,
Explain who died in 5A,
Explain why did the Portuguese made the couple arguidos (if they now have said they're not suspects ),
Explain the deleted phone calls / texts...
This is just too stupid.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 04.07.13 14:33

Nowhere in that Met statement does it say the parents are ruled out.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick 04.07.13 14:34

It looks as if the MET binned the e-book.

happychick
happychick

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 4 Empty announcement at 2pm

Post by marconi 04.07.13 14:36

Tony Bennett, please tell us : what does this mean and is this protocol abliged by law?

Will the Yard start everything over again?

Help!
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick 04.07.13 14:38

marconi wrote:Tony Bennett, please tell us : what does this mean and is this protocol abliged by law?

Will the Yard start everything over again?

Help!

You need to ask PeterMac yes

happychick
happychick

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 04.07.13 14:40

They include 12 British nationals, some of whom are based in Portugal and some in the UK
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum