The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Apartment 5a rented out 4 times after Madeleine disappeared Mm11

Apartment 5a rented out 4 times after Madeleine disappeared Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Apartment 5a rented out 4 times after Madeleine disappeared Mm11

Apartment 5a rented out 4 times after Madeleine disappeared Regist10

Apartment 5a rented out 4 times after Madeleine disappeared

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Apartment 5a rented out 4 times after Madeleine disappeared Empty Apartment 5a rented out 4 times after Madeleine disappeared

Post by Guest 29.12.12 1:12

Just seen this tweet with this old news story from Sun, and thought I could remember seeing something in the PJ files about this. It seems that the PJ held onto the apartment till 11th February 2008, so yet another myth being put about ............

S***@ S***S***
”#McCann apartment was rented out to FOUR different families before police forensic testing” [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] … Amaral MADE sure of it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Guest on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:40 pm

Chapter 14

We were not aware that the next day apartment 5A would be re-examined, though we did see some activity there when we drove past on the Sunday. If we had known, we’d have welcomed the news. The chances of anything being found there three months after the event seemed remote – apart from anything else, the apartment had been let again several times since Madeleine’s disappearance – but it was another stone that should not remain unturned.

Processos Vol XVI
Page 4133

PJ 4th Brigade
From Inspector Joao Carlos

On 19th February 2008, I record in the process files that upon the request of the Ocean Club resort, made by the maintenance director Silvia Baptista, on the 11th of this month, we proceeded to return the key to the apartment G5A where the facts occurred. This apartment, although under the administration of the resort, is private and its owners have requested its use.

This apartment was made available by this police force, after instruction by the magistrate Dr Magalhaes Menezes, once the examinations and forensics to be carried out were completed, it no longer being necessary to occupy the space.

And therefore, it was tacitly agreed that in case it would be necessary to use the apartment for future inquiries, whether forensic or technical, it would immediately be made available.

19th February 2008

Signed

Inspector Joao Carlos

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forensics 04 May 2007

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Apartment 5a rented out 4 times after Madeleine disappeared Empty Re: Apartment 5a rented out 4 times after Madeleine disappeared

Post by PeterMac 29.12.12 3:42

Another lie ?
Good heavens. Whatever next ?

Sack the proof readers, I say.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Apartment 5a rented out 4 times after Madeleine disappeared Empty Re: Apartment 5a rented out 4 times after Madeleine disappeared

Post by Guest 29.12.12 3:51

I've also been wondering about the bewk, PeterMac.
Those horrid imaginations, marital sex revelations & all of the me, me, me ... and nobody stopped her.
IMO she wrote the book only to convince the home country, them only being provided with McCann approved articles of their innocence and suffering and thus [for the major part] not being able to realise the obvious discrepancies.

For me, the most obvious hit in the eye, was their "we actually never made much out of it" referring to her colomboma turned into a "fleck" after 5+ years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 29.12.12 4:34

From CF's post:
Chapter 14

We were not aware that the next day apartment 5A would be re-examined, though we did see some activity there when we drove past on the Sunday. If we had known, we’d have welcomed the news. The chances of anything being found there three months after the event seemed remote – apart from anything else, the apartment had been let again several times since Madeleine’s disappearance – but it was another stone that should not remain unturned. unquote

Now that's interesting, because I presume she is talking about the dogs. Three months later would make it around that time. There is a report from the PJ that they noticed Gerry driving by in a car and looking at the activity.
Is this once again a blurring of the facts? Gerry hopping in a car, rather worried about the activity in 5a and driving past being changed into passing by accidentally and noticing some activity.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 30.12.12 5:36

Tigger, I think Mr Amaral wrote about this in his book, that whilst 5a was being searched by the dogs Gerry was scurrying around in his car.

Candy, who is the idiot who tweeted that Amaral made sure that the flat was rented out four times before forensic testing, never mind, rhetorical question
big grin
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 30.12.12 6:15

Inspectorfrost wrote:Tigger, I think Mr Amaral wrote about this in his book, that whilst 5a was being searched by the dogs Gerry was scurrying around in his car.

Candy, who is the idiot who tweeted that Amaral made sure that the flat was rented out four times before forensic testing, never mind, rhetorical question
big grin
On August 3rd 2007, I am having dinner in Praia da rocha, near Portimão, with my friend Gaivota. Unable to hide my anxiety, I keep looking at my watch and my telephone. Gaivota asks me if everything is OK: I respond with an absent-minded “Yes.” A few kilometres away one of the most important search operations ever carried out in Portugal has begun. Perhaps we will finally manage to clear up the mystery of Madeleine’s disappearance.

The investigation starts in apartment 5A. The grey jeep transporting the dogs pulls into the car park in front of the building. There is hope and anxiety on people’s faces. Martin Grime gets out of the car, holding Eddie on a tight leash. He takes it off and orders Eddie to sit down. Instead of obeying as would be expected of such a well-trained dog, Eddie immediately rushes into the building. He then goes to and fro between the lounge and the bedroom in an agitated manner. Martin wonders what could be making his animal so nervous and calls him back to give precise orders. An investigator is filming the entire scene. A little later, Eddie is examining the floor in the parents’ bedroom, near the wardrobe, when he lets out a strident howl, indicating that he has detected a cadaver odour. The investigators have hardly recovered from their amazement, when another, equally impressive, howl startles them. This time, Eddie has picked out that same odour under the window, just behind the sofa, on one of the walls in the lounge. That evening, in apartment 5A, the investigators begin to glimpse what might have happened.

At around 10pm, police officers see Gerry McCann, going past the apartment at the wheel of his hire car, a Renault Mégane Scenic, an impenetrable look on his face.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.12.12 6:24

We also have Amaral's complete book on this very forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 30.12.12 7:12

@ Ribisl
Thanks for that. So it looks like the passage in the book is once again an 'adjusted' event.

10.00 pm is a strange time to happen to drive past 5a imo. They were living in the villa some distance away, they wouldn't be picking up the twins and I understand any guests stayed at the villa. Kate doesn't state why they were there.
She says it's three months - so that's right.

So imo, it was just Gerry who - on hearing or knowing that the dogs had arrived - wanted to see what was going on.

Why this needed to be obscured by inventing an accidental drive past by both Kate and Gerry, I have no idea. Perhaps we should ask the dogs?

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by IKNOWWHATHAPPENED 31.12.12 13:11

Owner Ruth McCann, no relation. mmmmmm.....
IKNOWWHATHAPPENED

Activity : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost 31.12.12 14:39

IKNOWWHATHAPPENED wrote:Owner Ruth McCann, no relation. mmmmmm.....
No, she wasnt, as wasnt the other mccann that was a childcare employee at the resort at the time, its a very common surname

Thank you ribisi and admin for the truth of the lie info
Inspectorfrost

Activity : 878

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 31.12.12 19:07

Inspectorfrost wrote:
No, she wasnt, as wasnt the other mccann that was a childcare employee at the resort at the time, its a very common surname

So are Smith, Brown and Jones but there aren't many of those titter I am sure that it is just a coincidence but what a coincidence?

Activity : 3218

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 31.12.12 23:21

Nina wrote:
Inspectorfrost wrote:

So are Smith, Brown and Jones but there aren't many of those [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am sure that it is just a coincidence but what a coincidence?
Nina you took the words from my mouth! Yes we are told they are no relation, but we are told maby things about this case that turn out to be untrue. I certainly wouldn't put money on them being 'unconnected' :)

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31.12.12 23:32

That's the problem with being economical with the truth - noboby will believe that you're ever being honest!

I know that it was established that Ruth McCann was married to Michael McCann who originated from somewhere in the West Country but spent the last few years of his life in Liverpool, dying I think in 2006.

I would be very interested to know if the mysterious Uncle Hughie had any children who might account for the McCann name popping up here, there and everywhere. He's the one who died in 1999 and yet managed to go to Donegal in April 2007!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.01.13 1:32

With thanks to Nigel:

"Apartment 5A was subsequently let between 12 and 19 June (to friends of the owner); 28 June to 12 July (to three people with Irish names); 12 to 19 July (to an English couple) and 19 to 26 July (to a family with Southern Asian names).' [report dated September 2007]"

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 01.01.13 2:07

Châtelaine wrote:With thanks to Nigel:

"Apartment 5A was subsequently let between 12 and 19 June (to friends of the owner); 28 June to 12 July (to three people with Irish names); 12 to 19 July (to an English couple) and 19 to 26 July (to a family with Southern Asian names).' [report dated September 2007]"

A very interesting read Chatelaine, thank you. Now it says it was subsequently let for these dates, but I read that the PJ had paid for the apartment to be kept empty, so were these already booked but had to be cancelled I wonder. Will have a look around to see if I can find re the PJ payment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 01.01.13 2:30

Here is a link where it is said the apartment stood empty,

Taken from a long piece,

Mrs Ruth McCann (no relation) who owned the 5a apartment that was rented to the McCanns through the Ocean Club complex from where Madeleine was snatched, has tried for two years to sell. Though she dropped the price to £255,000 (£50,000 less than similar properties sell for) she didn’t have a single inquiry. The flat has lain unoccupied since the McCanns left it to return to their Leicestershire home in Rothely in September 2007. And it shows. The varnish on its front door has become faded and stripped by the sun; its garden is overgrown and the hedge, in contrast to those adjacent, is unkempt and bedraggled. “I keep asking the Ocean people to cut it,” says Ian Fenn who inherited the apartment above from his mother, Pamela, who died last month.

News UK News Madeleine Mccann
By Justin Penrose Comments
Madeleine McCann holiday flat is up for rent after spooked potential buyers refuse to buy it.

Another link, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01.01.13 2:42

Nina wrote:Here is a link where it is said the apartment stood empty,

Taken from a long piece,

Mrs Ruth McCann (no relation) who owned the 5a apartment that was rented to the McCanns through the Ocean Club complex from where Madeleine was snatched, has tried for two years to sell. Though she dropped the price to £255,000 (£50,000 less than similar properties sell for) she didn’t have a single inquiry. The flat has lain unoccupied since the McCanns left it to return to their Leicestershire home in Rothely in September 2007. And it shows. The varnish on its front door has become faded and stripped by the sun; its garden is overgrown and the hedge, in contrast to those adjacent, is unkempt and bedraggled. “I keep asking the Ocean people to cut it,” says Ian Fenn who inherited the apartment above from his mother, Pamela, who died last month.

Madeleine McCann holiday flat is up for rent after spooked potential buyers refuse to buy it.

Thank you, Nina. I didn't follow the links[no time], but from your selected text: it doesn't say it was not rented June-July-August. It is known that it didn't sell and there was an article not too long ago, saying that it had finally been rented out again - to a young couple, if memory serves me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 01.01.13 2:53

Châtelaine wrote:
Nina wrote:Here is a link where it is said the apartment stood empty,

Taken from a long piece,

Thank you, Nina. I didn't follow the links[no time], but from your selected text: it doesn't say it was not rented June-July-August. It is known that it didn't sell and there was an article not too long ago, saying that it had finally been rented out again - to a young couple, if memory serves me.

This is taken from the middle link
Retired teacher Mrs ­McCann, 57, from Liverpool , ­began letting out the apartment after her husband died but was ­planning to sell it once legal ­details had been sorted out. She has now asked rental firm the Ocean Club to let it to holiday­makers. It was last rented to Madeleine’s parents for £1,500 a week.

Madeleine McCann (Pic:PA)
Mrs McCann said: “This summer, for the first time since Madeleine’s ­disappearance, it is going to be let out to ­holidaymakers. But the income still won’t cover my out­goings. I still have to pay the Portuguese equivalent of council tax.”

I am not satisfied with my research though as I read that the PJ had paid the rent for the apartment in the months after 3rd May. will continue the searc pray2

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 01.01.13 3:04

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Another link re the empty apartment.

Off topic but there is a photograph of the living room and on the table i am certain there is a clip board with paper and a pen, so why tear off the cover of the children's book?
Still not found what I am really looking for though.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top