The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

First hours after Madeleine disappeared - by HideHo Mm11

First hours after Madeleine disappeared - by HideHo Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

First hours after Madeleine disappeared - by HideHo Mm11

First hours after Madeleine disappeared - by HideHo Regist10

First hours after Madeleine disappeared - by HideHo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First hours after Madeleine disappeared - by HideHo Empty First hours after Madeleine disappeared - by HideHo

Post by ufercoffy 13.06.10 16:17

TIMEKATE GERRY ROB MO DP FP JT RMO DW
10.00pm

10.00pm

10.00pm

10.00pm

10.00pm

Gerald searched the apartment and stated that the window of the children's bedroom was open and the shutter raised. He checked the shutter before continuing to search outside.

David Payne ran from the McCann's apartment towards the Millennium area. Then he turned in the direction of the church.

Russell O'Brien was in the McCann's apartment for a moment only, rushing out to search the perimeter of the apartment. Then he went to look for Madeleine with Matthew Oldfield. They went in the direction of the beach. He searched the perimeter of the tennis courts and the paths leading to the beach. Russell searched the gardens and all of the surrounding area.

Fiona searched the periphery of the complex ' one search, which she made alone. When she returned she spent the rest of the night with Kate.

It is difficult to confirm where all the elements were in the minutes/ hours after the discovery that Madeleine was missing. It appears that most of the women remained within or near the apartments, Fiona Payne left and searched around the complex, before returning to the McCann's apartment where she stayed with Kate.

The men's movements, however, are more difficult to pinpoint.
10.00pm

10.00pm

10.00pm

10.00pm

10.00pm
Gerry must have rushed in with Kate

the next thing I can
remember is seeing Kate and Fiona, they came running from the direction of Kate’s flat
-then they just
carried on, carried on the searching. They were sort of running around,

after we checked on G***e and come out and I think perhaps Kate and Fi were standing by the window, like on the outside of the apartment and no, Kate, I think Kate had said you know, somebody’s taken her, cos the shutter was up and the window was open, erm yeah, I think it was then that we kind of realised that she’d been taken,
10.10And who was present when she was telling you this”?
Reply “No just me, just me, cos erm Fi was with Kate and, and Gerry

some people went directly into the flat initially, erm, included, including Gerry and, and Kate,
Gerry must have rushed in with Kate

some people went directly into the flat initially, erm, included, including Gerry and, and Kate,

Dave, Matt and I think initially at least Gerry, just said ‘Look, let’s just’, erm, ‘let’s just split up and find’, erm, you know, ‘see if we can find her, see if she’s just wandered out’.
we didn’t go in at that point,

Dave, erm, Matt, Russell and myself split up in four different directions just to do a search

we all just got up and, erm, erm, and, and left with the exception of Dianne who, who I think stayed, who stayed at the chair. We then got up to the foot of the, of the apartment and, erm, you know, clearly, you know, a state of, you know, growing, growing panic. Erm, some people went directly into the flat initially, erm, included, including Gerry and, and Kate, others just stayed at the, at the, at the gate, erm, on the road leading down beside the apartment.

Dave, Matt and I think initially at least Gerry, just said ‘Look, let’s just’, erm, ‘let’s just split up and find’, erm, you know, ‘see if we can find her, see if she’s just wandered out’. So everyone did a little bit of a search just in the, in the immediate area and I went along the passageway which was in front of the patio, the patio entrances of, of the apartments, erm, round, all the way along that initially, I think, and unbeknown to me at this point, because we hadn’t really used this entrance a great deal, certainly not walked to the other end of it, it was actually a dead-end, so I then had a look in the, in the front gardens of, of the apartments on the ground floor that you could see, searched a little bit just in between the two apartments and obviously this was a fairly brief search and rapidly doubled back

Dave, erm, Matt, Russell and myself split up in four different directions just to do a search

Then he went to look for Madeleine with Matthew Oldfield. They went in the direction of the beach. He searched the perimeter of the tennis courts and the paths leading to the beach. Russell searched the gardens and all of the surrounding area.

then Matt and I went round and went to our apartment to check on G***e, erm and she was there, NOTE: Jane tanner only saw Rachael

then going to talk to Jane and Matt went off
10.10Matt sort of went back and I think he went off to sort of look a bit more and search
and he, he went down to call the Police at the main reception of the Ocean Club

Dave, Matt and I think initially at least Gerry, just said ‘Look, let’s just’, erm, ‘let’s just split up and find’, erm, you know, ‘see if we can find her, see if she’s just wandered out’.

David Payne ran from the McCann's apartment towards the Millennium area. Then he turned in the direction of the church.

she sort of raced back and she just appeared at the doors of the sort of reception area and just shouted across, erm, ‘She’s gone. Gerry, Madeleine’s gone’

I went round the back of the apartments and round the back of the tennis courts on the main road and then cut down in front of the Baptista Supermarket and back up,

(NOTE: Did she first go with Kate to check the blinds at the front?)

Fiona searched the periphery of the complex ' one search, which she made alone. When she returned she spent the rest of the night with Kate.

the next thing I can
remember is seeing Kate and Fiona, they came running from the direction of Kate’s flat

Fi started running upstairs and that’s when I ran to Fi and said what I thought, you know, I said ‘I think I’ve seen somebody’
-then they just
carried on, carried on the searching. They were sort of running around,

after we checked on G***e and come out and I think perhaps Kate and Fi were standing by the window, like on the outside of the apartment and no, Kate, I think Kate had said you know, somebody’s taken her, cos the shutter was up and the window was open, erm yeah, I think it was then that we kind of realised that she’d been taken,

I looked out of the window to check, to see if I could see them still there, and that’s when the only person I could see still at the table was, erm, Dianne and everybody else seemed to have, seemed to have gone.

it was Rachael that I saw first because
she had run back I think to check that G***e was obviously okay
-she
said ‘Oh Madeleine’s
gone’ or, you know, something along those lines.

the next thing I can

Fi started running upstairs and that’s when I ran to Fi and said what I thought, you know, I said ‘I think I’ve seen somebody’

I just stayed, erm, me and Rachael just stayed with, in our own, but we were sort of out in the alley, in the sort of stairwell outside our rooms, and we were sort of staying with the kids at that point, so we weren’t actually involved in any physical running around, searching”.

just standing
outside the, the door of the apartment mostly, I didn’t really move. trying to, you know, see what was happening. But, no, I was more or less at the bottom, as I say,
at the bottom of the stairs, I’d come down”.

So what time did Jane tell you this”?
“It must have been about, erm ten past ten or something, quarter past ten I guess”.

other people had just came back from the immediate vicinity as well and it was established obviously that no-one had, had found her. I’m not entirely sure whether I went round to quickly see Jane at this point or whether it was after my next, erm, my next search,

about five to ten then or ten o’clock, so Kate said you know, she’d go up and check, do her check and within a couple of minutes later she came back and shouting Madeleine’s gone you know, and then we all just leapt up from the table and went up to her, followed her and Gerry, erm up to their apartment

I didn’t go into the apartment,
standing at the bottom of the steps by the patio doors and I think Matt and Russell might have been having a look in the garden, erm and then Matt and I went round and went to our apartment to check on G***e, erm and she was there,
NOTE: Jane tanner only saw Rachael

Well literally like you know a minute,

Matt sort of went back and I think he went off to sort of look a bit more and search and he, he went down to call the Police at the main reception of the Ocean Club, erm and I just stayed near our apartment really

[size=12][size=7]then going to talk to Jane and Matt went off

-So what time did Jane tell you this”?
“It must have been about, erm ten past ten or something, quarter past ten I guess”.
[/size]
And who was present when she was telling you this”?

[/size]we didn’t go in at that point,

Rachel Mampilly went to see her own daughter before o
ing to meet Jane in her apartment. When they talked Jane told her that when she had gone to check on the children she saw Gerry and Jez talking together as well as a man carrying a child.

it was Rachael that I saw first because
she had run back I think to check that G***e was obviously okay

I just stayed, erm, me and Rachael just stayed with, in our own, but we were sort of out in the alley, in the sort of stairwell outside our rooms, and we were sort of staying with the kids at that point, so we weren’t actually involved in any physical running around, searching”.

Rachael, because
G***e was asleep, she was more moving around more,

said to mum, you know, ‘You stay put here just in case Madeleine comes down to the pool area’

After waiting at the restaurant table for five minutes, Dianne Webster went to the McCann's apartment where she entered the children's bedroom and saw Kate with the twins. Kate insisted on the fact that the window and shutters were open when she saw the children, Dianne went outside to see if she could raise the shutter from the outside and found it to be impossible. Dianne stayed in the McCann's apartment for about 5 minutes and then returned to the restaurant to fetch her bag, the McCann's camera and the baby monitor.

10.15pm

10.15pm

10.15pm

10.15pm
He (DP) searched the rocky areas of the beach/coast and checked the stands and boats. He then returned to the Ocean Club reception, passing the Millennium area. David then checked the area around the walls together with Matthew Oldfield.

He (ROB)searched the eastern part of the beach, zigzagging back along the roads to the McCann's apartment. All the time more people were joining in the search and Russell knew the police had been contacted

When Matthew saw that Madeleine was not in the apartment, he went to the 24 hours reception to ask them to telephone the police.

10.15pm

10.15pm

10.15pm

10.15pm

10.15pm

10.15pm

10.15pm

10.15pm

At that point, Gerry, I don’t think was in the apartment, it was mainly Kate. And Kate was just, huh, utter disbelief and I had disbelief, thinking she’s got to be here, you know, what, how can this have happened.Gerry, he was to’ing and fro’ing, in and out, in and out

At that point, Gerry, I don’t think was in the apartment, it was mainly Kate. And Kate was just, huh, utter disbelief and I had disbelief, thinking she’s got to be here, you know, what, how can this have happened.
He searched the eastern part of the beach, zigzagging back along the roads to the McCann's apartment. All the time more people were joining in the search and Russell knew the police had been contacted
other people had just came back from the immediate vicinity as well and it was established obviously that no-one had, had found her. I’m not entirely sure whether I went round to quickly see Jane at this point or whether it was after my next, erm, my next search,

I think then we decided that we just needed to look a little bit further afield, erm, and I went round the, the front of the apartments, the high side of the apartments, had a look along there,
(SEE BELOW)
at some point or other me, Matt and Dave found ourselves either back at the flat or, or, or, together somewhere nearby and decided that we would, erm, head down to the beach

ROB
I then went, I think around the back, or the front really, where the car park and the apartments are, to the main road, dropping down into the, into the town centre, erm, I forget the name of it, and went down round the back of the tennis courts, looking in there, round the back of the Baptista Supermarket where there’s a car park area and a bit of derelict ground, erm, and then into the Shopping Centre, which is the bottom two or three floors of a of a relatively large building just down the hill. Erm, so that is a separate, erm, sort of search, after coming back to the foot of the apartment and clarifying that, that Madeleine hadn’t been found in the immediate vicinity

On the way back from the Shopping Centre’, in the next paragraph, I met Dave and he was running down the hill with a, with, you know, sort of panic in his eyes, saying ‘This is really bad, this is bad, they haven’t found her’. There was obviously, a number of minutes had passed by this point, while we were looking individually”.
1578 “So ‘I met Dave on the return’?”
When Matthew saw that Madeleine was not in the apartment, he went to the 24 hours reception to ask them to telephone the police.

at some point or other me, Matt and Dave found ourselves either back at the flat or, or, or, together somewhere nearby and decided that we would, erm, head down to the beach

I remember saying to Matt at that point ‘You go down to main reception and phone the Police’

He searched the rocky areas of the beach/coast and checked the stands and boats. He then returned to the Ocean Club reception, passing the Millennium area.

On the way back from the Shopping Centre’, in the next paragraph, I met Dave and he was running down the hill with a, with, you know, sort of panic in his eyes, saying ‘This is really bad, this is bad, they haven’t found her’. There was obviously, a number of minutes had passed by this point, while we were looking individually”.
1578 “So ‘I met Dave on the return’?”

Dave came in and, erm, he came in initially with me, erm, when I went to Kate, I don’t think he went in any of the bedrooms, I think he was just mainly in the living room trying to put together what they should all be doing really, he was talking more to Gerry, so he was in
by the time I got back everyone else had done their loop Erm, I remember saying to Matt at that point ‘You go down to main reception and phone the Police’
-don’t know what Matt, I don’t know what Dave and Russell did at that point. I said ‘I’m going to go up to the’, erm, ‘Kate and Gerry’s apartment’. Gerry had come down at that point.

stayed with Kate for the rest of the evening, I didn’t, other than going onto their sort of balcony and out the front area of their apartment, I was with Kate.
-
I didn’t, other than going onto their sort of balcony and out the front area of their apartment, I was with Kate.
-
And I looked, I looked throughout the whole apartment and I looked in all the cupboards, under the drawers, under the beds, behind the curtains, everywhere, erm, just, you know, trying to, knowing it had already been done, but you just do. Erm, tut, I looked, when I went into the room that Madeleine was sleeping in, the room was dark, Madeleine, erm, Madeleine’s bed was sort of folded back, the sheets, quite kind of neatly really, erm, Sean and Amelie were fast asleep in their cots, they didn’t stir, you know, I was opening the cupboards in the room and moving around the room, they didn’t stir at all, which that was, that was odd.

I went to the front of the house and I was trying to lift the shutter at the, at the back, just to prove whether, you know, whether it could have been opened and whether Madeleine could have opened it from the inside”.
Or did you do it from the inside?”

“I did it from, I’m talking about, so, again, the back or the front,
I did it from the back, which is where their balcony was”.
She then immediately returned to the McCann's apartment. Gerry and Kate were in the apartment as well as Fiona. Fiona asked Dianne to stay with Lily and Scarlet to check that they were ok. Dianne returned to the Payne apartment and stayed there for the rest of the night.
10.30pm

Afterwards(ROB) he searched the adjacent apartments to the east of Kate and Gerry along the Rua da Ramalhete and more apartments to the east. On some occasions David Payne was with him.

Matthew spent most of the night searching the neighbouring areas for Madeleine without success. Matthew searched the road between the apartment and the Creche. He searched between the apartment and the Millennium restaurant, also along the beach and finally a cemetery as well as the road leading back to the apartment. Part of this search was carried out with David Payne and Russell O'Brien and part was carried out alone. Matthew talked to an Indian insurance salesman and saw Nathan, the director of the beach concession.

10.30pm

10.30pm

10.30pm

10.30pm
she was angry, really angry, tut, punching walls, kicking walls, she was covered in bruises the next day, because she just didn’t know what, what else to do. She was angry at herself, she kept saying ‘I’ve let her down. We’ve let her down Gerry’, you know, ‘We should have been here’. Erm, tut, she was praying a lot. Erm, I just don’t think she knew what to do, what to do. And she was just howling. It was just, just awful. I think as time went on it just seemed a massive delay from when we said to Matt to phone the Police, erm, that hour, it was an hour, it just seemed like an eternity,

And Kate’s ringing, Gerry’s ringing anybody under the sun, family, they just don’t, they honestly just didn’t know what to do

there was a lot of, Gerry’s in and out, I mean, they were just sobbing, going between sobbing and then feeling helpless and then ringing people and this frantic activity. Kate was desperate to have a Priest, which, you know, people find weird, but I think that was just her way of thinking ‘At least I can pray for Madeleine’ and her way of feeling that she was doing something. Erm, tut, but she wasn’t functioning”.

she kept going into the twins, she kept putting her hands on the twins to check they were breathing, she was very much concerned in checking that they were okay.
And Kate’s ringing, Gerry’s ringing anybody under the sun, family, they just don’t, they honestly just didn’t know what to do

there was a lot of, Gerry’s in and out, I mean, they were just sobbing, going between sobbing and then feeling helpless and then ringing people and this frantic activity. Kate was desperate to have a Priest, which, you know, people find weird, but I think that was just her way of thinking ‘At least I can pray for Madeleine’ and her way of feeling that she was doing something. Erm, tut, but she wasn’t functioning”.

I was kind of talk to Gerry and then every now and then I’d go back and check on G***e, erm at one point, probably not that long after, maybe about ten thirty or something,
Gerry and I looked at, up at the stairwell and kind of across all the floors of the block that we were in, erm and that was really the, that was all the searching that I really did, just up the stairs, I think they were five floors or something”.
-

It was just really a quick you know, it would have been about five minutes, it was just up the flights and along the, you know the sort of verandas in front of the apartments
So the three of us swept down through a number of roads, erm, and then came out down at the, you know, down on the beachfront and I think by this point we thought it, you know, it was fairly futile searching as a three so we split up and took sections of the beach

me and Dave kind of headed along towards where the majority of the beach was in the other direction

I got myself almost over to where this Café Paradiso or Restaurant Paradiso is, along the boardwalks and out to the, to the water edge,

I found there that you could, if looking back, you, it wasn’t perfect, but you could see a fair amount of the beach and as well, and also be able to look at the waterline as well. Erm, went along there for a bit towards Black Rock, erm, and then, and then at some point decided to turn, to turn back

I didn’t see Russell or any of the other group in, in Kate and Gerry’s apartment.

David then checked the area around the walls together with Matthew Oldfield.

Matthew spent most of the night searching the neighbouring areas for Madeleine without success. Matthew searched the road between the apartment and the Creche. He searched between the apartment and the Millennium restaurant, also along the beach and finally a cemetery as well as the road leading back to the apartment. Part of this search was carried out with David Payne and Russell O'Brien and part was carried out alone. Matthew talked to an Indian insurance salesman and saw Nathan, the director of the beach concession.

So the three of us swept down through a number of roads, erm, and then came out down at the, you know, down on the beachfront and I think by this point we thought it, you know, it was fairly futile searching as a three so we split up and took sections of the beach

I think Matt looked immediately around where we had come out on the beach,

I didn’t see Russell or any of the other group in, in Kate and Gerry’s apartment.

David then checked the area around the walls together with Matthew Oldfield.

me and Dave kind of headed along towards where the majority of the beach was in the other direction

Dave started searching on that part of the beach and I got myself almost over to where this Café Paradiso or Restaurant Paradiso is, along the boardwalks and out to the, to the water edge,

I was kind of talk to Gerry and then every now and then I’d go back and check on G***e, erm at one point, probably not that long after, maybe about ten thirty or something, Gerry and I looked at, up at the stairwell and kind of across all the floors of the block that we were in, erm and that was really the, that was all the searching that I really did, just up the stairs, I think they were five floors or something”.
-

It was just really a quick you know, it would have been about five minutes, it was just up the flights and along the, you know the sort of verandas in front of the apartments

then I went back downstairs and really just sort of stood by Jane and we were just waiting for the Police to come, erm which you know took ages, I remember ringing Matt at least once or twice to say you know, look have you rung them, where are they, erm and I think at one point he did come back up again and the Police still hadn’t arrived and I think Gerry’s told him to go back down and ring them again, erm and then, I you know, didn’t really see him much or at all, I think they went off searching sort of down at the beach and around the village,
10.45pm Gerry’s told him (Matt) to go back down and ring them again, I didn’t go all the way, turned back, as I came back, erm, you now, I bumped into the, the woman I described before, early twenties, fair hair, given the light, English, possibly a MARK WARNER employee,

and then did a, a, a comb through various streets, erm, not with any great, erm, plan but just to try and cover some area on the way back up to the, the apartments. And then obviously got back up to the apartments

by the time we got back from this I think, you know, there was, there were other people were certainly starting to congregate and, in fact, I think some people were starting to search, mainly staff from MARK WARNER

I probably went round to Jane before I’d done this, this sort of leg to the beach and back, but it may have been, it may have been that I actually went round at this point.

Jane was stood in the doorway, I think almost certainly with Rachael, possibly with Fiona as well. Erm, and, you know, I went up and she was, you know, clearly very, very distressed,
I remember ringing Matt at least once or twice to say you know, look have you rung them, where are they, erm and I think at one point he did come back up again and the Police still hadn’t arrived

I think Gerry’s told him to go back down and ring them again, erm and then, I you know, didn’t really see him much or at all, I think they went off searching sort of down at the beach and around the village,
, before I spoke to the Police is some of the, I
think when they realised she was missing, MARK WARNER sort of got everybody
searching and I can remember some of the Nannies coming to the door and they took
my number, my phone number, my mobile number and said ‘If we hear anything
we’ll give you, we’ll let you know’ and that was three of the Nannies. And Exx was
still up at that time because I can remember them sort of, you know, saying ‘Oh hi
Exx’,

“Erm well most of the time I spent talking to Jane and sort of checking on G***e, erm and saw, I remember the nannies coming up to talk to us, some of the Mark WARNER nannies and they’d been searching and looking round the village and sort of you know, rallying friends and people that they knew, erm I mean we were waiting for the Police for a lot of that time cos they didn’t turn up for ages
11.00pm when the Police came they turned the lights on, there was loads of noise, obviously from the moment Kate discovered that Madeleine was gone, the screaming and the shouting and there was a lot of noise and they, they didn’t, you know, so much as blink”.
as soon, the Police, when the Police came, I know Rachael went straight away to get them to say, so that I could tell the GNR, when the GNR did arrive, erm you know, they came to say hello and erm Sylvia was there with them and so was Robert MURAT, erm there were other people sort of milling around in the background but Sylvia introduced herself and so did Robert MURAT, erm I mean he just introduced himself to me as Robert and we shook hands, erm and then sort of remember talking to somebody from I think, think (inaudible) one of the apartments on the floor above, sort of an older guy, kind of said oh he went missing when he was a child for about ten days

as soon, the Police, when the Police came, I know Rachael went straight away to get them to say, so that I could tell the GNR,
11.15pmafter the Police arrived, erm I mean we were just you know talking about what we should do and then I thought of ringing James LANDALE and you know seeing if we could get it on the news, erm and made those phone calls, erm and then the PJ arrived, I don’t know what time that was though, probably about two-ish or something,
11.30pm
11.45pm
MIDNIGHT
12.15am
12.30am
12.45am
1.00am
1.15am
1.30am
1.45am
2.00am
2.15am
2.30am
KATE GERRY ROB MO DPFP JT RMODW
2.45am
3.00am
3.15am I think we went to bed about three, maybe might have been a bit later but we did think we ought to go and get some sleep, erm cos there wasn’t really much that we could do,I think we went to bed about three, maybe might have been a bit later but we did think we ought to go and get some sleep, erm cos there wasn’t really much that we could do,
3.30am
3.45am
4.00am
4.15am
4.30am
4.45am
5.00am
5.15am
5.30am
5.45am
6.00am G***e was always up sort of about six, half six, erm and when we got up you know everything was quiet outside, they didn’t seem you know the Police didn’t seem to be around or, there didn’t seem to be any activity,
7.00am
8.00amMatt took G***e up for breakfast to the Millennium, erm and they came back, I remember having, sort of being on the phone a little bit to the BBC I think that morning, erm and then sort of various phone calls, I talked to John CORNER who’s a friend of Gerry and Kate’s, erm cos the BBC wanted a picture of Madeleine, erm and he had some photos that he was going to be able to send them
9.00amwe would have taken G***e to crèche I think for about nine half nine I think
10.00amabout ten, half ten Gerry, Kate, Matt and Jane and maybe Dave as well, erm went to Portimão to the Police Station to start doing interviews”.
about ten, half ten Gerry, Kate, Matt and Jane and maybe Dave as well, erm went to Portimão to the Police Station to start doing interviews”.
about ten, half ten Gerry, Kate, Matt and Jane and maybe Dave as well, erm went to Portimão to the Police Station to start doing interviews”.
11.00am
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

First hours after Madeleine disappeared - by HideHo Empty Re: First hours after Madeleine disappeared - by HideHo

Post by ufercoffy 13.06.10 16:18

Emma Knights (client support director) searched the beach area and asked Kate what Madeleine had been wearing. Shortly afterwards Emma returned to the McCann's apartment and stayed with Kate.

Gerald was seen and spoken to by Neil Berry and Raj Malu. They heard him calling for Madeleine when they were sitting on Neil's balcony, not far from the McCann's apartment. They both went down to talk to Gerald and helped in the search.

Both David Payne and Matthew Oldfield were seen by Emma Knights when she was on her way to the beach, the search area to which she was assigned by Lyndsey Johnson (child care director and search coordinator).

I’ll just say that. I think then we decided that we just needed to look a little bit further afield, erm, and I went round the, the front of the apartments, the high side of the apartments, had a look along there, erm, got to the, what I’m calling the main road that drops in from, erm, from the, from the motor, from the dual carriageway outside of town, and then looked, you know, down, you know, looked down the hill there, erm, towards the, the, erm, the western side of the tennis courts, erm, really looking, you know, either side of the road just to see if she was sort of wandering there, erm, and you could hear kind of ‘Madeleine’ being shouted pretty much everywhere around at this point. Erm, that, the next, after I kind of moved down a bit to the left, there was the Supermarket quite some distance away, but there’s a, there’s a, there’s a road and I think it had a car park or a, well certainly a car park but there was an area of sort of rough that you could probably, you know, it’s not tarmaced or anything, had a look around there, couldn’t see her. And then there’s, erm, there was an entrance into, erm, the building kind of opposite this, which is, is, which is like a Shopping Centre, erm, or at least the lower floors seemed to have a kind of a set of like a Curry House and a Bar and a few things and a swimming pool as well, and, huh, I can’t remember the layout in there very much, but I remember it being kind of split on, on at least sort of two levels, lots of little recesses around kind of, I think kind of shop windows and stuff. So I didn’t really know where I was going, I’d never been in it before, but, nonetheless, sort of wandered around the lower floor and didn’t find anything. I went up on, on, I think on the next floor up, as I came off the stairs and came round there was a, a small Coffee Bar or a Bar on the left and looked in there and asked, there was a, there was a, a man and a, erm, erm, presumably a barman in there, just, there was only a couple of people, and said, you know, ‘Have you seen a little girl’ and, I mean, I don’t know how much English they spoke, but they seemed to, they just sort of shrugged and said no. So then just around that area. And then, and then found my way out of the, the Shopping Centre and actually came out at the other end from where, well a different entrance, I didn’t come out the same way I don’t think, erm, and, erm, it was actually on the road that comes down in front of the Baptista Supermarket. I don’t know whether I searched a little bit more around there, but not long thereafter I met Dave coming down the road in front of the Supermarket, erm, just looking terrible, just pale, erm, you know, sort of, you know, sort of fear in his eyes, saying, you know, ‘This is’, erm, ‘This is really bad. This is bad’, you know, ‘No-one’s found her. No-one’s found her’. Erm, and I don’t know what happened at this point particularly, erm, whether we went around there, but at some point or other me, Matt and Dave found ourselves either back at the flat or, or, or, together somewhere nearby and decided that we would, erm, head down to the beach,

Sylvie, who was the translator, I’m not sure when she arrived whether it was before the Police arrived or after the Police arrived or whenever,

then when the PJ actually arrived they came and got me to go and talk to the, the PJ”.
I can’t remember what time of night that
is, but that might have been before the Police came as well or just after the Police, but
they’re the only other real people I can remember talking to”.(nannies)

’And a female member of staff possibly from MARK WARNER’?”
Reply “Yeah, she was certainly, yeah, she was, she was English, you know, clearly not a, not a local. Erm, next it says ‘We tried to find a picture of Madeleine’, I mean, it wasn’t so much struggling to get the picture, it was struggling to find the means of printing it. We had the cam, we had Kate’s camera, erm, the, what we were trying to do is find a picture that actually gave a good likeness, rather than just being any old shot it actually had, you know, a close-up of her, of her face. There were a lot of pictures on the camera but they were, you know, just at home and on, you know, in profile and things like that”.

We were searching for a printer and Kat, one of the Nannies, said she had a printer’. I’m pretty sure it was Kat.

So the pictures of Madeleine?”
Reply “On a digital camera”.
1578 “That were printed off?”
Reply “Yeah”.
1578 “Came from Kate’s camera”.
Reply “From Kate’s camera as far as I can remember, yeah. And the main issue was trying to find somewhere to print it”.
1578 “What about if we say ‘Kate checked her camera and found some pictures’?”
Reply “Yeah, yeah, or ‘Kate’s camera was checked’, I don’t think Kate was in no, in no state whatsoever to check her camera”.
1578 “Okay. So ‘We tried to find a picture of Madeleine’?”
Reply “Yeah”.
1578 “’Kate’s camera was checked’?”
Reply “Umm, ‘And Kat or one of the other Nannies went to their flat to retrieve a printer or something that would connect to a printer and then the pictures were printed in the office off the small reception portal’, there’s a little office in there”.

Kat was there and Leanne was there, but whether it was actually their printer or lead, I’m not sure. The rest of that paragraph, erm, is fine. Erm, I think Gerry, it was actually Rachael, where it says ‘I’m not sure who informed the Authorities or media about Madeleine’s disappearance’, it says ‘It may have been Gerry’, erm, oh I beg your pardon, it’s the Authorities there, it says ‘Authorities or media’. I think, erm, Gerry and Matt, erm, were the people who, who actually tried to get the Ocean Club to phone the Police but it wasn’t the media, so maybe delete, if you delete ‘or media’, because the person on the media, I think that was, I think that was Rachael”.

I loathe the media’ comma, just to make it, just to read. Erm, ‘A very low opinion of them’, full-stop. ‘David also’, ‘David was also keen to make use of the media and I think he may have conducted’, conducted, ‘may have sent an email but I’m not sure’, I think he was looking to do it but I don’t think, erm, I don’t think that actually happened”.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posted by HideHo on MM forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top