The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Here we go again! - Page 3 Mm11

Here we go again! - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Here we go again! - Page 3 Mm11

Here we go again! - Page 3 Regist10

Here we go again!

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Here we go again! - Page 3 Empty Ah say boy... Ah say are you having a laugh boy!!

Post by The Rooster 22.02.12 17:38

I am familiar with the Olive Press and to be honest it's one of the better free press papers available in Spain. Most of the others are just a waste of space. I just commented on the Olive Press article on their website...

"Hi Olive Press

I had you guys (Olive Press) down as being a serious bit of FREE PRESS on the Costa del Sol, but seeing this absolute rubbish being reported has completely changed my opinion and that of others too. You've blown your street cred. Is that what were you trying to achieve by publishing this? The article is full of holes and is just not credible. Get a grip please and get back to what you do best.

Regards"

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Here we go again! - Page 3 Empty Re: Here we go again!

Post by tigger 22.02.12 17:41

http://www.diydoctorholidays.co.uk/projects/timezones_in_europe.htm

Just to make sure: Portugal is always is in the same timezone as the UK. As can be seen from the countries coloured green, they will always be an hour ahead - as is the case in the Netherlands.
Spain being one hour ahead of Portugal, anyone phoning the Olive Press at six in the morning from the UK/Portugal, will get them at seven in the morning in Spain, even if it's only half a mile over the border.
So someone would have had to phone the Olive Press either that night or very early in the morning from Portugal - about 5 am, for someone to jump into a car and get to PdL before midday. (about a 5 - 6 hour drive).

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 22.02.12 17:47

Invinoveritas wrote:
listener wrote:Dont know about Spain or Oz, but in summer, we in the UK are on UTC +1 but Portugal does not change their clocks so they remain on UTC. That is why part of the year we are the same as Portugal, but in the Summer we are 1 hour ahead.

Portugal (Mainland and Madeira) is in the Western European Time Zone. Western European Standard Time (WET) is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

Like most states in Europe, Summer (Daylight-Saving) Time is observed in Portugal, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

After the Summer months the time is shifted back by 1 hour to Western European Time (WET) or (GMT).
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/portugal/Here we go again! - Page 3 725573

Thank-you both. I have always believed that Portugal did not change the clocks in summer but now realise that belief was incorrect.Here we go again! - Page 3 655851 Thanks for putting me right!Here we go again! - Page 3 636506

Apologies to all for disrupting the thread :flower:
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.02.12 17:55

From Spudgun...........

Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Where's Madeleine McCann NOW Competition for March

http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.com/2012/02/wheres-madeleine-mccann-now-competition.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 22.02.12 18:27

If this wasn't such a tragic tale about a 'missing' little girl this article would be hysterical in a comic. Cue Sunday Sun - they're bound to have a scoop for the first edition. I know what I'd like to see on the front page, but doubt it'll ever happen!

Which of the clarrypr puppets will run with this tomorrow? And if they do it just reinforces what we all know about the press in the UK. I've been out all day, but as far as I know there's been no mention of Halligen, no mention of Pat Brown in Portugal and nothing about Tony Bennett's pre trial hearing. If they do go with this absolute load of garbage it will totally hack me off. The real news is the 3 items mentioned not some shaking barmpot 100% sure she saw Maddie with a gypsy. Call in Jez Big Fat Gypsy Wedding Wilkins and he's got another tv show to produce right there.

She waited a week FGS - did she stop shaking or was that keeping her awake. Then she reports it, so why well over 2 years later has the Olive Press printed the tripe?
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 22.02.12 19:04

Just come on line and clicked on the Olive Press link. http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/02/22/i-saw-maddie-in-a-supermarket-on-the-costa-del-sol/
got this -

Sorry! We Couldn't Find The Page You Were Looking For...
Unfortunately the page you were looking for has either moved to a new location or has been removed.
Please try using the search field above to find what you were looking for or use our site map.

Anyone else able to access it ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 22.02.12 19:06

It may be interesting to see the Sun on Sunday, (or possibly not !) since Jon Clarke used to invent write Madeleine stuff with Lazerelli, and did not put anything about Madeleine into his own paper, the Olive Press from May to October that year. Everything went to the Sun
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 22.02.12 19:12

PeterMac wrote:Just come on line and clicked on the Olive Press link. http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/02/22/i-saw-maddie-in-a-supermarket-on-the-costa-del-sol/
got this -

Sorry! We Couldn't Find The Page You Were Looking For...
Unfortunately the page you were looking for has either moved to a new location or has been removed.
Please try using the search field above to find what you were looking for or use our site map.

Anyone else able to access it ?

It's working fine on my Mac. Once again THE photograph.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 22.02.12 19:41

It will let me into the on line print edition, but not the on-line version for comments.
Anyone else able to access the individual article ?
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 22.02.12 19:56

Are we sure that this Yvonne is actually 63?

I have just found one who has a number of contacts\friends in Wellington and Napier where Kate and Gerry were based,
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 22.02.12 19:58

PeterMac wrote:It will let me into the on line print edition, but not the on-line version for comments.

I saw only one comment: this is it, rather good!

sam says:
February 22, 2012 at 11:32 am
is this yet another attention seeker ? i saw her in 2009 but was busy with guests over the xmas ”
Its 2012 how long does xmas last in your house?

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 22.02.12 19:59

PeterMac wrote:It will let me into the on line print edition, but not the on-line version for comments.

it seems to be working fine
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 22.02.12 20:51

I echo the comments of the posters who rightly say this would be hysterical were there not a dead missing child at the heart of this.
It stretches the limits of incredulity to say that this woman was 'not 99%, but 100% sure it was Madeleine', so much so she had a fit of palsy, yet she did NOTHING for a whole WEEK? Truly, if you were in a supermarket and certain Maddie was there, wouldn't you have a word with security? If Maddie truly was missing and I was her parent, I'd feel 'FURY' (lol) at this woman's (non)actions... After all, they could've had the shop in lockdown in minutes and the child recovered!
We are expected to believe she went to the police a week later, and they publish this NOW, three years on?!? Police new it was bullox then... Oh scrub what I said about a missing child - this IS hysterical...

Its just a horrible, xenophobic article. WTF does 'he didn't look Spanish' mean? He wasn't dressed like a Matador???
For the record. My youngest son is half-Turkish. He has lighter hair than me. His dad, full-blown Turk - let's just say, if you didn't know and hadn't heard him speak you'd never know. He had lighter hair than me, green/blue eyes and fair-ish skin. He tanned nicely, but in NO way did he look 'Turkish'.
Such stereotypical rubbish. Coz all gypsies have dark curly hair and an earring, white transit van and piebald cobs everywhere don't they. I wonder if he tarmacs drives for a living, too? Pffft...

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 22.02.12 21:50

I wonder if Lord and Lady Muckann are happy with this report, They should be furious, should'nt they?.

A sighting of a missing child should be taken to the police and investigated quietly and discretly, not to alarm the abductor and force him to hide himself and the child away, or even worse, abandon the child or harm her.

No abductor is going to go about his daily business, shopping, buying petrol or stopping for a coffee with Madeleine McCann in tow. But, team McCann seam to think that he his not too bright and the abductor has been wandering around in public with Madeleine for almost 5 years.

If there was any truth in these news reports they would cause the abductor to go into hiding, taking Madeleine with him hence making the search so much more difficult.

So, Clarence, Kate and Gerry
Are you going to allow these reports to continue to hinder the search for Madeleine whilst they profit from her misfortune, or are you going to do something about them?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 22.02.12 22:03

The witness is called Yvonne; maybe I'm being too cynical here but could someone be trying to muddy the waters by diverting internet searches to this 'new Yvonne' & not the crucial often forgotten witness - Yvonne Warren Martin, the senior social worker, the witness that thought she recognised David Payne?

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by Clouseau 22.02.12 22:24

Daisy

one of my pet niggles we assume she was talking about Mr Payne but he neither has a scar or a South of England accent best not go any further otherwise I will be accused of derailing the thread Here we go again! - Page 3 110921
Clouseau
Clouseau

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 22.02.12 23:19

Daisy wrote:The witness is called Yvonne; maybe I'm being too cynical here but could someone be trying to muddy the waters by diverting internet searches to this 'new Yvonne' & not the crucial often forgotten witness - Yvonne Warren Martin, the senior social worker, the witness that thought she recognised David Payne?

so far i think that we have located 2 Yvonne Tunnicliffes

one who has a large number of contacts in Napier and Wellington where Kate and Gerry were in the late 90s

and another Yvonne Tunnicliffe who is head lawyer for Rochdale Crown Prosecution Service
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy 23.02.12 0:39

Clouseau wrote:Daisy

one of my pet niggles we assume she was talking about Mr Payne but he neither has a scar or a South of England accent best not go any further otherwise I will be accused of derailing the thread Here we go again! - Page 3 110921

Thank you Cloiseau, I've just read the statement again & see what you mean, I hadn't really noted that bit before.
Is there any one alse in the picture that fits this scar faced southerner that looked like David Payne? Who was Yvonne Martin describing if it wasn't Payne?

I'm sure if you're thoughts are relevant you won't be accused of derailing the thread, Im curious as to what you have to say. Here we go again! - Page 3 160807

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

― Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy
Daisy

Activity : 1312

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 23.02.12 0:40

Daisy wrote:The witness is called Yvonne; maybe I'm being too cynical here but could someone be trying to muddy the waters by diverting internet searches to this 'new Yvonne' & not the crucial often forgotten witness - Yvonne Warren Martin, the senior social worker, the witness that thought she recognised David Payne?
I'm not sure you can be too cynical where this case is concerned Daisy and you could just be right...hmmm...

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 23.02.12 5:27

sharonl wrote:

so far i think that we have located 2 Yvonne Tunnicliffes

one who has a large number of contacts in Napier and Wellington where Kate and Gerry were in the late 90s

and another Yvonne Tunnicliffe who is head lawyer for Rochdale Crown Prosecution Service

My gut feeling is they use a friend's name with the friend's permission, but there is no such sighting.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 23.02.12 7:17

rainbow-fairy wrote:
I'm not sure you can be too cynical where this case is concerned Daisy and you could just be right...hmmm...

http://aangirfan.blogspot.com/2009/06/grenade.html

Here's an interesting link to Yvonne Martin and Katharina Gaspar who both have had misgivings about DP. Both have worked in Plymouth Health Service.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.02.12 9:29

Daily Star has picked up the story now............

BRIT’S NEW MADELEINE MCCANN CLAIM: 'I'M 100% CERTAIN I SAW HER'

23rd February 2012

By Ross Kaniuk

A BRITISH woman claims she saw Madeleine McCann with a man who looked “like a gypsy”.

Yvonne Tunnicliffe said she was certain the girl was the missing youngster as she was the spitting image of Maddie’s dad Gerry.

Yvonne, 63, saw the girl at a ­supermarket in Alhaurin el Grande in Spain and contacted police a week later.

But when they took the ex-sales assistant to examine CCTV tapes from the shop, the manager said footage was ­routinely deleted after seven days.

The sighting was in 2009, but Yvonne has come forward again to expat news site The Olive Press after she read ­other claims Maddie could have been snatched by a gypsy gang.

Yvonne said: “My whole body shook when I saw her. She looked just like her daddy.

“The girl’s demeanour ­bothered me. I don’t think she belonged to the man ­because she didn’t look anything like him.”

Madeleine vanished just before her fourth birthday in 2007 while on holiday with her parents in Portugal’s Praia da Luz, 220 miles west of Alhaurin el Grande.

A spokesman for the McCanns said: “Any verifiable information will go to police and private investigators and they will act where appropriate.”
ross.kaniuk@dailystar.co.uk

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/236873/Brit-s-new-Madeleine-McCann-claim-I-m-100-certain-I-saw-her-/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 23.02.12 9:52

The Olive Press has to get its money from somewhere.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 23.02.12 10:00

At least, the Daily Star was able to get a comment from "a spokesman" for the McCanns Here we go again! - Page 3 3247107148
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 23.02.12 10:04

I would say the supermarket in Alhaurin el Grande, Spain, is a long way away from the lawless village cave 10 miles radius of Praia da luz, Portugal. And people are expected to believe the abductor had travelled a hell of a long way. Would he have travelled all the way there in a "white van" and did he also hide his "white van" in the cave that he manages to avoid detection for so long?

And the witness, Yvonne whatever is her family name, who was 100% sure it was Maddie she saw stupidly also didn't approach security immediately to stop the man; or approach the girl to talk to her? Like I said earlier either this witness is v. lacking in a the brain department or this is yet another incredulous drivel spun by team mccanns, which begs the question - why NOW?

This is the stupidest piece of news team mccanns put out in the face of the Yard's review.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum