The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Here we go again! - Page 5 Mm11

Here we go again! - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Here we go again! - Page 5 Mm11

Here we go again! - Page 5 Regist10

Here we go again!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Here we go again! - Page 5 Empty Re: Here we go again!

Post by ShuBob 24.02.12 18:48

Oh dear Here we go again! - Page 5 195540

How many other Kevin Halligens are there especially given his original name is Halligan?
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Here we go again! - Page 5 Empty Olive Press

Post by PeterMac 25.02.12 8:00

Olive Press have now put the article back again, on the on line version, which allows comments

EXCLUSIVE by James Bryce
A BRITISH expat based in Spain is ‘100 per cent sure’ she saw missing Madeleine McCann in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol.
The former M&S sales assistant, 63, is adamant the young girl is the missing Briton after seeing her with a man she describes as looking like ‘a gypsy’.
Yvonne Tunnicliffe, who has lived in Spain for six years, made the sighting while shopping at a Mercadona store in Alhaurin el Grande in 2009.
The grandmother has only now come forward, after reading about increasing suggestions that the toddler might have been snatched by a gypsy gang while on holiday in Portugal in 2007.
“My whole body shook when I saw her, she looked just like her daddy (Gerry),” Tunnicliffe told the Olive Press newspaper.
“I’m certain it was Madeleine, I wouldn’t even say I’m 99 per cent sure, I’m 100 per cent sure.
“She had mousy blonde hair in scruffy plaits, very fair skin and looked about seven or eight, which is how old she would have been now.”
Tunnicliffe contacted police a week after the sighting and was visited by detectives who immediately took her back to the store to view CCTV footage.
But police were informed by the store’s manager that footage was only stored for one week and had subsequently been destroyed.
So convinced was she of the sighting, she was unable to sleep for much of the week and finally drew a number of sketches of both the girl and man for police.
Fighting back tears, she told the Olive Press: “It really upset me and I couldn’t stop thinking about it and why I hadn’t gone to the police straight away.
“It was Christmas and we had friends over. I kept getting sidetracked.”
On the sighting she said: “The girl’s demeanour bothered me. I don’t think she belonged to the man because she didn’t look anything like him.
“He had dark, curly hair down to his neck and was wearing a distinctive bullring-type earring.
“He sounded Portuguese and was certainly not from Alhaurin.”
Tunnicliffe claims the girl – who was wearing a pale blue top and trousers – did not look Spanish.
“It disturbed me for a long time and still upsets me thinking about it now,” an emotional Tunnicliffe added.
When contacted by the Olive Press, a Scotland Yard spokesman confirmed: “It’s an open investigation and any information received will be reviewed and considered by detectives.”
The McCanns’ spokesman was unavailable for comment as we went to press.

Comments
sam says:
February 22, 2012 at 11:32 am
is this yet another attention seeker ? i saw her in 2009 but was busy with guests over the xmas ”
Its 2012 how long does xmas last in your house?
Ben says:
February 24, 2012 at 1:46 pm
I’m with Sam. Witness says nothing for long enough that any CCTV evidence is long lost. Shame on you.
stuart says:
February 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm
Im with sam and ben ….. she saw her in 2009 oooooh it realy upset me …and i couldnt sleep ….oh……. and it took me 3 years to find a police station!!!!!!! HELLO .
Gary Wisdom says:
February 25, 2012 at 8:35 am
She should be embarrased to make this statement now, she is just as guilty as the person who kidknapped Maddie, disgraceful
PM says:
February 25, 2012 at 8:57 am
Let us read the article carefully. “Has only now come forward” but a bit later “contacted the police a week after the sighting”. Which ? “the girl did not look Spanish” – they are in Alhaurin !!! “she looked about seven or eight, which is how old she would have been now.” But this sighting was in 2009, when Madeleine, even if alive, would have been FIVE. I do not know who is coming out of this worse, Olive Press or this woman. either way it is probably to cover up the fact that the McCanns are trying to get Tony Bennett committed to prison for suggesting that their story (stories !) might not be entirely correct.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 25.02.12 8:10

I for one, have no faith in John Clarke. I do not know him but in theory he now has two 'strikes' against him:

being there on that fateful day - which one would expect at the earliest (barring spookily accurate premonition this suggests a contact in PdL) late morning of the 4th may 2007.
A journey of some 5 to 6 hours from his home base.

helpfully printing a spurious sighting from over two years ago, just when TM is in dire need of a distraction in the press.

Does it help the advertising rates for the paper to publish such articles? It does get the Olive Press itself in the news and that may benefit the rates that can be charged for advertisements. I can see no other reason. Unless he was offered a compensation to publish this?
These are hard times. I could well understand that. But - pure speculation on my part of course.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 25.02.12 9:16

Olive Press bill the story as "EXCLUSIVE by James Bryce`' and date it 24th February.
Daily Star bill the story "23rd February 2012 By Ross Kaniuk"
Daily Star ends with
"A spokesman for the McCanns said: “Any verifiable information will go to police and private investigators and they will act where appropriate.”
ross.kaniuk@dailystar.co.uk
Olive Press ends with
The McCanns’ spokesman was unavailable for comment as we went to press.
Rather like the whole story of Madeleine Beth McCann, one or other is not telling the whole truth.

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Here we go again! - Page 5 Empty Olive Press

Post by PeterMac 26.02.12 8:08

We seem to have stirred up a hornets nest
sam says:
February 22, 2012 at 11:32 am
is this yet another attention seeker ? i saw her in 2009 but was busy with guests over the xmas ”
Its 2012 how long does xmas last in your house?

Ben says:
February 24, 2012 at 1:46 pm
I’m with Sam. Witness says nothing for long enough that any CCTV evidence is long lost. Shame on you.

stuart says:
February 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm
Im with sam and ben ….. she saw her in 2009 oooooh it realy upset me …and i couldnt sleep ….oh……. and it took me 3 years to find a police station!!!!!!! HELLO
Gary Wisdom says:
February 25, 2012 at 8:35 am
She should be embarrased to make this statement now, she is just as guilty as the person who kidknapped Maddie, disgraceful.

PM says:
February 25, 2012 at 8:57 am
Let us read the article carefully. “Has only now come forward” but a bit later “contacted the police a week after the sighting”. Which ? “the girl did not look Spanish” – they are in Alhaurin !!! “she looked about seven or eight, which is how old she would have been now.” But this sighting was in 2009, when Madeleine, even if alive, would have been FIVE. I do not know who is coming out of this worse, Olive Press or this woman. either way it is probably to cover up the fact that the McCanns are trying to get Tony Bennett committed to prison for suggesting that their story (stories !) might not be entirely correct.

PM says:
February 25, 2012 at 10:09 am
If it is “EXCLUSIVE by James Bryce”, why did the Daily Star publish this story, using exactly the same words, on 23rd Feb, – the day BEFORE the date on this article- under the name of Ross Kuniak ? Who are we supposed to believe ? Who has copied from whom ?

PM says:
February 25, 2012 at 11:58 am
And she obviously did not want the 2.5 MILLION pound reward

Jon Clarke (Publisher) says:
February 25, 2012 at 12:17 pm
Well done detective!
Let me guess…the parents did it, right?

Jon
February 25, 2012 at 12:22 pm
One day write your own comic Peter! You’d end up in court in under a month the wild allegations you come up with…

Web Manager says:
February 25, 2012 at 12:43 pm
PM – you know that we print on a Wednesday. This article first appeared on the OP website on 22 February and in the online PDF of the print edition too. The Star lifted it from us and used it a day later.

David says:
February 25, 2012 at 4:14 pm
The woman should be absolutely ashamed of herself. She cannot be serious, 3 years on and she comes up with this.
I feel so embarrased as a UK resident that we are blessed with such stupidity within our group.

February 25, 2012 at 6:56 pm
Read the story David… she went to the police the week it happened… Talk about stupidity.

Pericles Pinto says:
February 25, 2012 at 10:52 pm
“Tunnicliffe contacted police a week after the sighting”.
So, Tunnicliffe believes she is looking at Maddie but does not try to warn someone around to try and stop the gypsy looking man…
Then Tunnicliffe takes a week to sleep on it…
Finally Tunnicliffe goes to the police.
Sorry but I’m having a hard time to swallow this tuna sandwich, I mean, this story.

PM says:
February 26, 2012 at 8:15 am
Jon Clarke (Publisher) says:…
Read the story David… she went to the police the week it happened… Talk about stupidity.” *** So why do you say she has ONLY NOW come forward ? I can see no reason for you to be offensive to David. This article is full of holes.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 26.02.12 8:33

oooh Peter, you are naughty....but nice....Here we go again! - Page 5 181154

Nice one PM. The hornets must be very busy today.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 26.02.12 8:51

Quote from PeterMac's last post:

Jon
One day write your own comic Peter! You’d end up in court in under a month the wild allegations you come up with…

Unquote

I'm beginning not to like JC - perish the thought, but some might interpret the above post as somewhat threatening.
'Wild allegations' is a bit rich coming from somebody who has just published an article about a three year old sighting - missing the fact the the child would have been five, not nine, nor explain why the woman didn't bother to contact the police for a week and the fact that this whole story dates from 2009.
I hope that the Daily Star has been contacted re the copyright? How come the same article is credited as an exclusive to two separate 'writers'?

By the way, it would still be interesting to know how JC heard about Madeleine on the 4th of May 2007. It's a long drive to PdL and shows admirable dedication on the part of a journalist who might not even be sure there was a story worth publishing at all.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 26.02.12 8:55

tigger wrote:Quote from PeterMac's last post:

Jon

Unquote

I'm beginning not to like JC - perish the thought, but some might interpret the above post as somewhat threatening.
'Wild allegations' is a bit rich coming from somebody who has just published an article about a three year old sighting - missing the fact the the child would have been five, not nine, nor explain why the woman didn't bother to contact the police for a week and the fact that this whole story dates from 2009.
I hope that the Daily Star has been contacted re the copyright? How come the same article is credited as an exclusive to two separate 'writers'?

By the way, it would still be interesting to know how JC heard about Madeleine on the 4th of May 2007. It's a long drive to PdL and shows admirable dedication on the part of a journalist who might not even be sure there was a story worth publishing at all.

I agree Tigger, I'm of the opinion that is a threatening comment.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 26.02.12 9:10

His comment is definitely threatening...sounds familiar?

He doesn't like what he hears so he uses intimidation tactics - must have lifted off the page of mccanns.

BTW, I would be interested to know why Yvonne whatever is her other name approach Olive Press now with her 3-year old story.
More than a week's delay in contacting Police, after the store CCTV is deleted on weekly basis, is bad enough. Now she sleeps on this for another 3 years before she tells it to the Press. And this Jon Clarke stupidly wonders why people think he'd printed a whole load of bull excrement.
Err....Is that pig flying past my window?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum