The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Here we go again! - Page 2 Mm11

Here we go again! - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Here we go again! - Page 2 Mm11

Here we go again! - Page 2 Regist10

Here we go again!

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Here we go again! - Page 2 Empty Re: Here we go again!

Post by Ollie 22.02.12 13:45

aiyoyo wrote:
T4two wrote:
Ollie wrote:The McCanns desperately spinning...in the air! The review may be coming to an end, they are desperate to spin that Madeleine was alive and abducted.

Yes, desperately being the operative word perhaps. It will be interesting to see whether the spokesperson becomes available to comment and whether it makes the English tabloids.

Read on the other site that the Yard has started the "interview". Could it explain the reason for this spin

Anyhow, this is at par with Leh's sighting.? Here we go again! - Page 2 110921

Wouldn't read anything into what the other sites are saying. Read one that said abductor went in with chloroform or a tazer! OMG! If the abductor had a tazer then he certainly wouldn't of bothered hiding from Gerry, he would of tazered him (now that would be fun!).
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 22.02.12 13:53

Christina wrote:I read it that she came forward a week later, went to the Police and they took her to the shop to look at the CCTV & it had been wiped.

So she did report it - late, but not by two/three years! But this is such an old story, why bother wasting the print on it?

ETA She reckons she saw her in 2009, if I'm not going mad.

This is what I read from the report which is dated today 22nd Feb 2012

Yvonne Tunnicliffe, who has lived in Spain for six years, made the sighting while shopping at a Mercadona store in Alhaurin el Grande in 2009.

The grandmother has only now come forward, after reading about increasing suggestion that the toddler might have been snatched by a gypsy gang while on holiday in Portugal in 2007.

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina 22.02.12 14:14

Hi JD

Yes, and then later it says:

"Tunnicliffe contacted police a week after the sighting and was visited
by detectives who immediately took her back to the store to view CCTV
footage.

But police were informed by the store’s manager that footage was only stored for one week and had subsequently been destroyed."

It's starting to look like it's an updated version of an old story, with the bit you noted left in when it should have been deleted! Sloppy?
Christina

Activity : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 22.02.12 14:18

Nina wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
T4two wrote:
Ollie wrote:The McCanns desperately spinning...in the air! The review may be coming to an end, they are desperate to spin that Madeleine was alive and abducted.

Yes, desperately being the operative word perhaps. It will be interesting to see whether the spokesperson becomes available to comment and whether it makes the English tabloids.

Read on the other site that the Yard has started the "interview". Could it explain the reason for this spin

Anyhow, this is at par with Leh's sighting.? Here we go again! - Page 2 110921

Hi Aiyoyo, which site have you read it on please and who is being interviewed?

Hi Nina,
MCF site.
On Sky: ( By same person who posted about reconstruction, and reconvening of trial. )

"Interviews of key witnesses have begun. "
Just passing it on.......

I will take it with large bucket of salt 'cause there is no way to verify that.
Unless the Yard has wisely decided to keep their operation of investigative side overt to prevent a media frenzy, then maybe this tallies with the Express' recent report about the re-interviewing.
I take key witnesses to mean Tapas 7, else who else can that be? Surely the leaders are always left to the last.

Going by mccanns desperation aka spin then maybe something is happening that we are not told yet.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 22.02.12 14:30

Christina wrote:Hi JD

Yes, and then later it says:

"Tunnicliffe contacted police a week after the sighting and was visited
by detectives who immediately took her back to the store to view CCTV
footage.

But police were informed by the store’s manager that footage was only stored for one week and had subsequently been destroyed."

It's starting to look like it's an updated version of an old story, with the bit you noted left in when it should have been deleted! Sloppy?

Its all fabricated anyway Christina....Once a lie starts then it manifolds into more & more which is the only thing this scam has been consistent on winkwink

Back to top Go down

Post by Christina 22.02.12 14:42

Agreed, jd - people see what they've been 'trained' to see. In this case, what they've been 'fed' via the McCanns to the media.

Another useless 'lead'.
Christina

Activity : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 22.02.12 14:51

Re the Olive Press - copied from PeterMac's post in 'Gerry's Law'

Very strange. And consider the other person who claims to have been there 'that fated morning". One Jon Clarke of the Olive Press in Ronda.
I copy this from the MF site, with acknowledgements.

Let us now re-examine Jon Clarke’s claims about his visits to Praia da Luz. The item that jumps out as one reads his October 2007 Olive Press article is his claim is that he was there - in Praia da Luz - on ‘that fated morning’ in May 2007. Undoubtedly, he means Friday 4 May, the day the news first broke that Madeleine McCann was missing. He says he was there that morning. Unless he is using journalistic licence, or exaggerating, or simply fabricating the time of his arrival at Praia da Luz, let us hold him to his claim. That means that, unequivocally, he was there at or before 12noon that very morning, Friday 4 May 2007.

Now, how come he was there that ‘fated’ morning? He lives in Ronda, Spain. A quick glance at a road atlas tells us that Praia da Luz is over the border, in Portugal, around 440km or 275 miles away from his home town, Ronda. By no means is all of the journey on fast main roads; some of it is on slow, rural roads. In the estimate of two people who know the area well, you could not do the distance in less than five hours; indeed, six would be more likely. To get to Praia da Luz ‘in the morning’, therefore, he would have had to leave his Ronda home soon after 6.00am. The only other alternative is that he was actually in Praia da Luz the day Madeleine was reported missing (!).

But let us stick for a moment with Clarke starting up his motor at say 6.00am to 6.30am on Friday 4 May. We must then ask: Why did he go to Praia da Luz at all? Did anyone ask him to go there; if so, who?

As far as we know, news of Madeleine’s disappearance only began breaking on the British media at around breakfast-time on 4 May. There is no way that Clarke would have listened to the broadcasts all night - that is stretching credulity beyond its limit. And how realistic is that he switched on his radio at, say, 6am, and, on a whim, immediately afterwards, jumped in his car and tore off towards Portugal? After all, even if he had heard the news, Madeleine might well have been found by the time he got to Praia da Luz. Villagers from there and from the surrounding villages were all out there looking for her - as were dozens of police, dogs, staff of the Ocean Club and Mark Warners, and countless other holiday makers.
So, what are we left with? Apart from the remote possibility that he was already in Praia da Luz on the morning of Friday 4 May, i.e. he was staying there (which he does not say in his article), the only other option we can think of that fits the facts is that a newspaper or a press agency, knowing that Clarke was based somewhere in southern Spain, contacted him in the small hours of the morning and said: “Jon, get over there”.

Now, if that is right, who would have contacted him during that night? And if it was a newspaper or press agency, would they really have summoned Clarke out of his bed for a story that might die away any moment, if Madeleine had been found?

We can’t answer these questions. Only Jon Clarke can

unquote.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 22.02.12 15:21

This is interesting Tigger....And there is an hour difference to the UK so if as I am sure the story broke in the UK around 7am then this would be at be least 8am in Spain. Then add the time to decide to drive to PDL and get there. Yes why did someone phone him in the early hours of that morning when the child could have been found by the time he even reached the border, and at that particular time was only another reported missing child so nothing out of the ordinary compared to past same stories..

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 22.02.12 15:33

This article is just full of ambiguous bollocks!

The former M&S worker called police after seeing the snatched toddler with 'gypsy' in Spanish supermarket Mercadona
A BRITISH expat based in Spain is ‘100 per cent sure’ she saw missing Madeleine McCann in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol.

The former M&S sales assistant, 63, is adamant the young girl is the missing Briton after seeing her with a man she describes as looking like ‘a gypsy’.

Yvonne Tunnicliffe, who has lived in Spain for six years, made the sighting while shopping at a Mercadona store in Alhaurin el Grande in 2009.

The grandmother has only now come forward, after reading about increasing suggestion that the toddler might have been snatched by a gypsy gang while on holiday in Portugal in 2007.
This sighting took place in 2009, but she decided to speak to "the Olive Press' in 2012! Another delayed reaction!
Where has she been since 2007 that she only read about the "gypsy" involvement now? That was peddled by the mccanns side by side with the paedophile abduction.
Team mccanns are legendary for covering all grounds for all sorts of eventualities that they want to spin.

My whole body shook when I saw her, she looked just like her daddy (Gerry),” Tunnicliffe told the Olive Press newspaper.

I’m certain it was Madeleine, I wouldn’t even say I’m 99 per cent sure, I’m 100 per cent sure.

She had mousy blonde hair in scruffy plaits, very fair skin and looked about seven or eight, which is how old she would have been now.”
This sentence is laughable. How could a girl looking 7 or 8 in 2009 co-relate to Maddie.
Besides,what has Maddie age now (that of 7 or 8) got to do with how she looked back then in 2009 when she was supposed to be only 5? Is this grandma real or just lacking in the brain department? Looks like either they didn't prepare the scripts properly for her or she'd forgotten her lines.

Tunnicliffe contacted police a week after the sighting and was visited by detectives who immediately took her back to the store to view CCTV footage.

But police were informed by the store’s manager that footage was only stored for one week and had subsequently been destroyed.

She was 100% certain the girl she saw was Maddie, yet she waited more than a week later before contacting Police only for Police to be told the CCTV was destroyed - so how convenient! If this grandma's tale exists, then whoever put her up to it must have insider info about CCTV weekly deletion.

So convinced was she of the sighting, she was unable to sleep for much of the week and finally drew a number of sketches of both the girl and man for police.

More bits of ambiguity.javascript:emoticonp('dance')
She draw the picture for which Police? Spanish? Which week didnt she manage to sleep? Pre or Post her reporting to the Police?
Did she give this to the Mccanns detectives to follow up?

Fighting back tears, she told the Olive Press: “It really upset me and I couldn’t stop thinking about it and why I hadn’t gone to the police straight away. It took her three years since 2009 to come forward to tell the Press - where has she been meanwhile, and what did she hope to achieve now? And this is going to help find Maddie? Christ on a bike. Whoever made her regurgitate that is disgusting?

It was Christmas and we had friends over. I kept getting sidetracked.”
Oh dear, festive celebration is thrown into the equation, and her "turkey dinner and intoxicating partying" took priority over the missing child - sounds familiar? And this is from a "grandma" so convinced it was 100% Maddie, yet she was able to push her aside while she socialized? Surreal or what?

On the sighting she said: “The girl’s demeanour bothered me. I don’t think she belonged to the man because she didn’t look anything like him.
Of the demeanour that bothers her she didnt expand on that; just reinforcing she didnt resemble the man ...typical spin stuff are made of.

He had dark, curly hair down to his neck and was wearing a distinctive bullring-type earring."
In case people dont know how gypsy looks like - that's the description for you!

“He sounded Portuguese and was certainly not from Alhaurin.”

I think this is the main "HIGHLIGHT" of the whole purpose of this article - a Portuguese gypsy took Maddie.

Tunnicliffe claims the girl – who was wearing a pale blue top and trousers – did not look Spanish.
Stating another obvious - how can the alleged girl whom she claimed as 100% Maddie looks anything like Spanish?

“It disturbed me for a long time and still upsets me thinking about it now,” an emotional Tunnicliffe added.

What's betting this "disturbed grandma" didn't phone the mccanns' hotline or the UK Police crime unit hot line about it.

When contacted by the Olive Press, a Scotland Yard spokesman confirmed: “It’s an open investigation and any information received will be reviewed and considered by detectives.” This is a "can't go wrong" classical :- a nameless spokesman with a general remark.

The McCanns’ spokesman was unavailable for comment as we went to press.
This is another classical, how can they resist to mention the mccanns PR? No they just can't - there you have it - not available for comment. Just another lot of bull manure well spread.

Not an iota of substance in that sighting. The mccanns are blind spinning in the wind!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by uppatoffee 22.02.12 15:34

If there wasn't a small missing girl at the centre of all this, you would laugh at the predictability of these "sightings". They always seem to crop up at times where something is happening the McCanns don't want publicised, so they try to deflect with spin of their own. This really does seem like a dredging the bottom of the barrel effort though. Doors this reflect the fact that a sighting a few years ago might have been slightly more believable? Perhaps there is some truth that interviews are being carried out with key witnesses at the moment after all.
uppatoffee
uppatoffee

Activity : 645

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.02.12 15:43

jd wrote:This is interesting Tigger....And there is an hour difference to the UK so if as I am sure the story broke in the UK around 7am then this would be at be least 8am in Spain. Then add the time to decide to drive to PDL and get there. Yes why did someone phone him in the early hours of that morning when the child could have been found by the time he even reached the border, and at that particular time was only another reported missing child so nothing out of the ordinary compared to past same stories..

NO, jd, there isn't a time difference. Portugal is same as uk - I remember because Portuguese posters have said in the past................

Time zone

Portugal is regulated by the Western European Time Zone (WET), the same time as in the United Kingdom and Ireland.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Portugal
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 22.02.12 15:50

candyfloss wrote:
jd wrote:This is interesting Tigger....And there is an hour difference to the UK so if as I am sure the story broke in the UK around 7am then this would be at be least 8am in Spain. Then add the time to decide to drive to PDL and get there. Yes why did someone phone him in the early hours of that morning when the child could have been found by the time he even reached the border, and at that particular time was only another reported missing child so nothing out of the ordinary compared to past same stories..

NO, jd, there isn't a time difference. Portugal is same as uk - I remember because Portuguese posters have said in the past................

Time zone

Portugal is regulated by the Western European Time Zone (WET), the same time as in the United Kingdom and Ireland.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Portugal

BUT Candyfloss he was in Spain and there is an hour ahead time difference...I should know I phone it every day!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.02.12 15:51

Spain is an hour ahead of GMT though.

P.S. Just thought, of course the clocks go forward at the end of March so won't that make Portugal an hour behind us in May?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross 22.02.12 16:06

Progress! So now all we need to do is find a gypsy man with an egghead and acne who owns a yacht and is married to someone that looks a bit like Posh Spice and probably smells of garlic. I expect Dave Edgar is packing his suncream and speedos as we speak.
Ross
Ross

Activity : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 22.02.12 16:16

Jean wrote:Spain is an hour ahead of GMT though.

P.S. Just thought, of course the clocks go forward at the end of March so won't that make Portugal an hour behind us in May?

I know Spain goes back or forward the same time as us..we are always the same one hour behind them. Its countries like Australia that may go back or forward a week or two different to us

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.02.12 16:19

[quote="candyfloss"]

Doh
Here we go again! - Page 2 595373

Reading this drivel where, please?

Don't bother to answer: when, where, which media; please just put another penny in the pocket of etc etc please.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 22.02.12 16:19

tigger wrote:Re the Olive Press - copied from PeterMac's post in 'Gerry's Law'
[Snip]

Now, if that is right, who would have contacted him during that night? And if it was a newspaper or press agency, would they really have summoned Clarke out of his bed for a story that might die away any moment, if Madeleine had been found?

We can’t answer these questions. Only Jon Clarke can

unquote.

Same can be asked of the BBC, ITV, Sky, ect who sent journalists out to PdL on May 4th.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 22.02.12 16:21

[quote="Portia"]
candyfloss wrote:

Doh

Don't bother to answer: when, where, which media; please just put another penny in the pocket of etc etc please.

From an interiew Clarence Mitchell gave. He stated categorically that Romany (he was specific like that) gypsies could have snatched Maddie Here we go again! - Page 2 181230
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.02.12 16:34

[quote="ShuBob"]
Portia wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Doh

From an interiew Clarence Mitchell gave. He stated categorically that Romany (he was specific like that) gypsies could have snatched Maddie Here we go again! - Page 2 181230

Or some paedophile priest, or some 'consenting adults' or the Holy Ghost herself, come to that. What a charade!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 22.02.12 16:41

Regarding time zones confusion on previous page -

Remember that we, in UK, are NOT on GMT (greenwich mean time) after March - we are on BST (british summer time). We put our clocks forward one hour (for the school kids apparently).

So part of the year we are 1 hour different!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_185398
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 22.02.12 16:50

listener wrote:Regarding time zones confusion on previous page -

Remember that we, in UK, are NOT on GMT (greenwich mean time) after March - we are on BST (british summer time). We put our clocks forward one hour (for the school kids apparently).

So part of the year we are 1 hour different!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_185398

Not to Spain we're not. Its Australia and that part of the world that change their clocks different to us

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 22.02.12 16:51

ShuBob wrote:Same can be asked of the BBC, ITV, Sky, ect who sent journalists out to PdL on May 4th.

I have always wondered if the 'Campbell' that was booked in on May 2nd was Lori Campbell

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 22.02.12 17:20

Dont know about Spain or Oz, but in summer, we in the UK are on UTC +1 but Portugal does not change their clocks so they remain on UTC. That is why part of the year we are the same as Portugal, but in the Summer we are 1 hour ahead.
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by Invinoveritas 22.02.12 17:31

listener wrote:Dont know about Spain or Oz, but in summer, we in the UK are on UTC +1 but Portugal does not change their clocks so they remain on UTC. That is why part of the year we are the same as Portugal, but in the Summer we are 1 hour ahead.

Portugal (Mainland and Madeira) is in the Western European Time Zone. Western European Standard Time (WET) is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

Like most states in Europe, Summer (Daylight-Saving) Time is observed in Portugal, where the time is shifted forward by 1 hour; 1 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+1).

After the Summer months the time is shifted back by 1 hour to Western European Time (WET) or (GMT).
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/portugal/Here we go again! - Page 2 725573

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 22.02.12 17:36

aiyoyo wrote:Timing is interesting. Spinning in the wind!

Is something about to happen? What are they countering this time?

Something is about to happen. I am no psychic but I think that I may just be able to predict which story will appear on the front page of Murdochs wonderful new comic "The Sun on Sunday"

Whats the betting that a certain paperback will also be advertised.
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11200

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum