The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

curtains Mm11

curtains Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

curtains Mm11

curtains Regist10

curtains

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

curtains Empty curtains

Post by truthsoup 20.09.11 1:10

Hi, I don't know if this is some piece of latest news or not. I read the files when they were released but have not read KM's new book. I have not posted anywhere since reading the files.

Where does Kate say that she washed the curtains? Is it in the book as I cannot find any reference to her actually writing this fact anywhere. Why would she wash the curtains on holiday when time is very precious, sorting out meals, washing clothes etc. I know she had to call in the washing machine engineer as she could not work out how to switch it on. Did the engineer fix the machine and did she decide to test the machine's efficacy with the curtains before letting it loose on her delicates?

TRUTHSOUP
truthsoup

Activity : 28

Back to top Go down

curtains Empty Don't think so

Post by tigger 20.09.11 6:30

A towel would have done just as well and saved her the trouble of taking the curtains down and having to put them up again. So no, no innocent explanation.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

curtains Empty Re: curtains

Post by Gillyspot 20.09.11 7:38

Perhaps they could have washed some of Madeleine's Clothes (jumpers / trousers etc). Oops they must have as there was no DNA.

Seriously the machine wasn't broken it was simply Kate didn't know how to use it (apparently) so got the handymen to show her how when they came to fix the shutters. As regards the curtains being washed as far as I know Kate hasn't said this it was the PJ that said she (or Gerry or T7) had washed them and also the wall behind them. Although there is no information regarding Kate or others denying washing the curtains either and they are not usually backwards in coming forwards if they think we (joe public) are being mis informed in the case when it suits them.

Mind you I still can't understand why Kate was apparently wearing clothes that she had worn to work and came into contact with 6 cadavers (and yet even more odd took Cuddle Cat there as well).!
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.09.11 7:50

Hi! You ask the same questions as I did a few weeks ago. As far as I could find it is mentioned in Joana Morais' blog, and in two Portugese newspaper articles from almost the same date.
As far as I know it is not in the official files, not in Amaral's book and not in Kate's book.
I put this for myself under the header "perhaps not true" , because it is a very suspicious thing to do if it did happen. If it did happen it must have been a major point for the PJ.
Also the washing of the walls, as good as an admission of guilt if it really did happen, don't you think?

It would be nice if someone could find another source for this....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

curtains Empty Kate didn't do the laundry?

Post by tigger 20.09.11 7:54

Perhaps Kate hadn't done any laundry for years. Perhaps the useless little episode is to remind us the Macbeths, sorry the McCanns are no ordinary mortals, such as the likes of us who are often right out of Montana Cabernet Sauvignon and use a washing machine almost daily.

I think that part of their financial problems were that Kate, although she only worked 1.5 days a week, employed a nanny and surely a cleaner who would probably also do the laundry. The frequent weekend breaks and in the last year, four holidays plus a hefty mortgage wouldn't have helped either.

Or, seeing that all the clothes were washed when the police wanted Madeleine's scent and DNA, this is to show that doing the laundry was something she did every day. Then there is the brown stain on Maddie's pyjamas, she makes much of this little episode, but is the whole construct to show us that all the clothes were clean everyday? More than likely.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 20.09.11 7:58

She also sent Madeleine to nursery (in Rothley) 3 FULL days a week according to the nannies statements when she only worked 1.5 days. Why do that if a) you want to spend time with a much loved daughter b) when money is tight
Gillyspot
Gillyspot

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 21.09.11 0:55

I have no way of verifying it, but IIRC it came from Dr. Amaral in an interview.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.10.11 12:21

Gillyspot wrote:She also sent Madeleine to nursery (in Rothley) 3 FULL days a week according to the nannies statements when she only worked 1.5 days. Why do that if a) you want to spend time with a much loved daughter b) when money is tight

In Matthew Oldfield first statements he says this in the end of it :

The interviewee thinks that it is a kidnapping with the intention to demand a ransom from the parents, because these are people who are very comfortable financially.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

curtains Empty The curtains said WOOSH

Post by Guest 04.10.11 10:06

In lots of interviews and vids Kate says repetedly that the door slammed and the curtains was going WOOSH and she does that gesture with her hand .

In the PJ files she says this :

When Kate arrives at the apartment to check the children, she found out that Madeleine was absent and that her children's bedroom door was completely open, which was not usual, and that the window that gives access to the exterior was also opened, the shutters opened and the curtains opened to the sides.

Well there where to types of curtains, The long to the floor one in front, and plane white behinde them. So if they where openede to the sides it would be impossible for them to go woosh because of the lenght, and the other ones has then to be behinde the long ones, and that makes it even more impossible for them to go WOOSH. I guess it wasn't hurricane weather that night in PDL as it would have to to make those curtains go WOOSH...

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.10.11 10:22

As you say, it would have needed a hurricane to whoosh them, it would have had to move the bed and the wicker chair.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Clear view of the "not-broken" shutters as well.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16578

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.10.11 11:43

And wasnt it also a great Coinsident that just at that moment and second when Kate was standing by the bedroom door the wind slammed it. Why hadn't that already happened before she came? If the wind was that strong that night? in a way it contradict itself, because when she arrives the apartment, the bedroomdoor is wider open then they left it, and then the wind slammed the door closed just at that moment when Kate are there, and thats the major fact that makes her realize the girl is gone...How "lucky" for her,discovering the "abduction" just right after it "happened"...And how "lucky" Tanner just coinsidently happened to see the egg man taking her...

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 04.10.11 12:03

Amazing too that the twins didn't wake up what with a gale force wind blowing the curtains and doors slamming?

Mind Kate had them checked out and they werent' drugged according to her (then they were)

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.10.11 12:18

And the wind did not slam the bedroom door and whoosh the curtains when Katey opened the patio door.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly 04.10.11 13:27

PeterMac wrote:And the wind did not slam the bedroom door and whoosh the curtains when Katey opened the patio door.

yes I thought that, If you were to go by Tanners statements seeing the 'abductor' around after 9-15 pm , with 'abductor hiding' behind door after jeming the windows (now back tracked) while Gerry in the room and kate entering apartment around 10pm plus the other check by tapas member the window was open at least 45 minutes according to the what their version of events ,
Gerry never saw window open, or felt the room was cold, so why they say window was jemmy up , but it would of been open when tapas member checked , doors tend to slam when another door or window is opened so this would of happened on entering apartment , not wait for a few minutes for the precise moment Kate standing there, With Kate saying they left apartment 8.30 after having drinks, and then Gerry going to tapas and coming back and watching football, being gone along time , The window being open/not open ,Kate saying we didnt leave the door like that ,This whole hour and half before the alarm, is full of inconsistencies and contradictions which is the lead up to the 'abduction ' It would be interesting to see a time line in a chart form of the all the tapas statements next to each other

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.10.11 14:04

PeterMac wrote:And the wind did not slam the bedroom door and whoosh the curtains when Katey opened the patio door.

If any the door would been blown open I think when entering the Patiodoors. The dorrs opened in to the room didnt it?
Would be great if anyone can find out wich way the wind where blowing that evening ..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 04.10.11 16:39

I doubt that would help. In a built up area the wind just goes along the roads and between the houses, so direction is rarely of significant value ...
UNLESS it was actually blowing from the sea, over the Tapas bar, across the pool and into the patio doors ...
In which case the bedroom door would have banged open against the wardrobe and the curtains would have whooshed out through the open window and the broken shutters.
But they didn't.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 04.10.11 17:10

At 9:30pm it was FLAT CALM.

Mind you, even on what appears to be a perfectly still day, if someone opens the front door when the back one is open, then a door in between can slam shut or at least, it does in my house. But of course, it does that as soon as the through draft is created - not a few minutes later. So this story of Kate's appears to be just that. However, a reconstruction would be able to test if this could happen, and if so, at what stage. Pity that they don't seem to think that a reconstruction would be helpful.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.10.11 17:21

Miraflores wrote:
At 9:30pm it was FLAT CALM.

Mind you, even on what appears to be a perfectly still day, if someone opens the front door when the back one is open, then a door in between can slam shut or at least, it does in my house. But of course, it does that as soon as the through draft is created - not a few minutes later. So this story of Kate's appears to be just that. However, a reconstruction would be able to test if this could happen, and if so, at what stage. Pity that they don't seem to think that a reconstruction would be helpful.

But she closed the patiodoors and the door didnt slam before minutes later. REmember she turned her no sorry she said she WALKED back to see if she forgotten to close the patiodoor and discovered they where closed..
My point about the wind was, that if it comes from the other side from the sea, then how the H*** did it make the curtains woosh? And it looks like from Petermarc it wasn't even that windy that night...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

curtains Empty AND

Post by Guest 04.10.11 17:26

Even in their own vid about what happened, you can see as she describes the curtains the white ones are not taken to the side and are wooshing in the wind. But she said in the PJ files the curtains was pulled to the sides..
How do she get away with this lies without beeing asked questions? Thats even more unbelieveble than the abduction theory !

PPS im also 99 % sure the picture with her laying on the floor is taken in their own home..Look at the walls in the vid and the boards..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 04.10.11 17:54

Why did they,do they, keep going on about checking doors when its the children they were supposed to be checking. who cares about the doors!

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 04.10.11 20:01

Moa I am sure the pic of Madeleine lying down was taken in their house also. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 04.10.11 21:44

Going back to the curtains and the query of how the PJ knew they washed the curtains. It could be that Forensics were able to recover chemicals that would show that the wall had been washed and so probably the same Forensics would have shown that the curtains had also been washed. One assumes they would have checked when they were previously cleaned and what chemicals should be present.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmac 07.10.11 0:32

Returning to the slamming door and whooshing curtains, I think if there had been a gust of wind then the slamming and the whooshing should have happened almost instantaneously. In other words the door slamming in front of Kate`s face would have prevented her from seeing the curtains which would have been at right angles to her line of vision.

We know that the door was open wider than usual to begin with, so the gust of wind must have happened suddenly.

Of course, this needs a reconstruction to actually determine if it is possible to see both the slamming door and whooshing curtains from where Kate was standing.
jmac

Activity : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 07.10.11 2:03

Moa wrote:Even in their own vid about what happened, you can see as she describes the curtains the white ones are not taken to the side and are wooshing in the wind. But she said in the PJ files the curtains was pulled to the sides..
How do she get away with this lies without beeing asked questions? Thats even more unbelieveble than the abduction theory !

PPS im also 99 % sure the picture with her laying on the floor is taken in their own home..Look at the walls in the vid and the boards..

Moa

I agree same colour walls and skirting is the same - @6.29 seconds - notice they keep the patio doors locked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.11 8:01

Angelique wrote:
Moa wrote:Even in their own vid about what happened, you can see as she describes the curtains the white ones are not taken to the side and are wooshing in the wind. But she said in the PJ files the curtains was pulled to the sides..

Moa

I agree same colour walls and skirting is the same - @6.29 seconds - notice they keep the patio doors locked!

Im sure they are just trying to show that they learned something ...Well it would be far more importen to lock the door when you are in a foreing country and you leave your children alone, then locking it when you stand right beside it in your own kitchen. Im surprised by their stupidness, or am I nah
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum