The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

curtains

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

peter macs post

Post by russiandoll on 07.10.11 14:23

peter mac your post and link referred to march 3rd not may 3rd.
I will double check but it looks at first reading that the wind at 10pm 3 may 207 had dropped from 18km per hr earlier evening to 14 km per hr, however there are 2 readings for 10 pm, one showing 16 km per hour.
There is something very dishonest about Kates account in her book also in a video reconstruction she did for a tv documentary, her toing and froing from bedroom door to patio door and admission she was almost about to leave 5a without having actually looked at her children.she noticed something about the door which drew her attention.....it was only on returning to the bedroom door that she then opened it and noticed Maddie gone. After all her boasting in the book that tapas checks were better than MW listening service due to FACT [ in her truthful book] they LOOKED in at their children........she did not notice Maddie gone first time she went to bedroom, she actually closed door over a little without looking in at all the children and would it seems have left without even going to the door to adjust it due to all being quiet...even after going to the door she didnt do her vaunted proper visual check.
As for lightweight white curtains, I have never seen these and why would there be any if there were blinds~?
Pls point me to any photos showing these net curtains.
russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: curtains

Post by Miraflores on 07.10.11 15:34

I can't believe that someone would interrupt their meal to go and check on the children and then not bother to look in on them, but just listen at the door - until the wind whoosed it closed!

But then, if they behaved as they say they did, then I find that hard to believe also.
Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.10.11 15:47

You are right. My mistake
Correction
3 MAY 2007
9:00 PM 17.0 °C 12.0 °C 72% 1013 hPa - WNW 18.5 km/h / 5.1 m/s - N/A Clear
9:30 PM 17.0 °C 12.0 °C 72% 1013 hPa - WNW 14.8 km/h / 4.1 m/s - N/A Clear
10:00 PM 15 °C 11 °C 67% 1014 hPa 15 km WNW 14.4 km/h / - - Scattered Clouds

Beaufort Force 3 Gentle breeze 12–19 km/h (3–5 m/s) Leaves and small twigs constantly moving, light flags extended.
Might that be enough to move a door ? Or to whoosh a curtain trapped behind a bed ?
And that was Faro, not PdL.

ADMIN Is there any chance of whooshing my previous entry, to prevent people being misled.
All sorted

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollAng on 08.10.11 17:39

@truthsoup wrote:Hi, I don't know if this is some piece of latest news or not. I read the files when they were released but have not read KM's new book. I have not posted anywhere since reading the files.

Where does Kate say that she washed the curtains? Is it in the book as I cannot find any reference to her actually writing this fact anywhere. Why would she wash the curtains on holiday when time is very precious, sorting out meals, washing clothes etc. I know she had to call in the washing machine engineer as she could not work out how to switch it on. Did the engineer fix the machine and did she decide to test the machine's efficacy with the curtains before letting it loose on her delicates?

TRUTHSOUP

By all accounts she was a novice washer woman

TrollAng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemain on 08.10.11 19:53

Why would she wash the curtains on holiday when time is very precious,....

Nobody would, in the normal way, surely, anymore than they would wash the carpets after spending a night in an hotel! However, if the children have put jammie paws all over the curtains, you might, and children have a habit of doing that! For myself, I'd probably tip the maid to do it for me since it was a holiday.

Lemain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Laundry PJ report

Post by tigger on 08.10.11 21:36

@Lemain wrote:
Why would she wash the curtains on holiday when time is very precious,....

Nobody would, in the normal way, surely, anymore than they would wash the carpets after spending a night in an hotel! However, if the children have put jammie paws all over the curtains, you might, and children have a habit of doing that! For myself, I'd probably tip the maid to do it for me since it was a holiday.

The curtains could quite easily have been given to Mark Warner laundry on site. Kate sent them all the family's laundry on the Saturday (7th) which included children's clothes of two different sizes, so probably Maddie's clothes as well as those of the twins.
Statement of the woman in charge of the laundry is in the PJ reports.
Even with children's 'jammie paws' on the curtains, it's quite easy to give them a wipe with a cloth and then tell the maid they need washing.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.10.11 8:37

IF... the curtains has 'whooshed" they would have fallen back onto the bed, and have been lying across the bedclothes.
The photos show clearly that the curtains are tucked, fairly firmly, down the side of the bed against the wall, and behind the wicker chair.

What conclusion can we draw from this ? What are the possibilities ?

1 Kate immediately started re-arranging the room either before or after not searching for Madeleine, but in this case did not make the bed, which was still scruffed up from the previous night, when she slept there because G had been chatting up the girl in the bar. Interesting that she had not pulled the bed straight when she made Madeleine's bed, which as we remember was neat and tidy in the photos, almost as if NO ONE had slept in it. But she tucked the curtains back down the crack between the bed and the wall, and made sure they were hanging properly.
OR
2 The curtains did not "whoosh". And if the curtains did not "Whoosh" then possibly the door did not slam.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on 09.10.11 8:42

I am so pleased you are a member of this forum PeterMac. Your policeman's logic is much appreciated by me and I read all your posts roses
happychick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.10.11 11:48

Happychick,
Many thanks for that. I was brought up on a diet of Sherlock Homes, to the age of 10 or 11, when I graduated to stronger things.
But I never forget some of the quotes, and let us always remember that Conan Doyle was a doctor.
He was trained to observe, to compare and contrast what he saw - the signs, balance this against what the patient told him - the symptoms, and to draw conclusions based on the evidence.
It is what doctors and police do. Lawyers miss out the important element of what they see, and rely purely on what they are told. This may be why by definition, since law is a zero sum game, lawyers are wrong 50% of the time.

...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

The case has, in some respects, been not entirely devoid of interest.

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

You see, but you do not observe.

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.

Gregory: "Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
Holmes: "To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
Gregory: "The dog did nothing in the night-time."
Holmes: "That was the curious incident."

I never guess. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Brilliant, every one of them, and with direct application to this case.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

B movies all the way.

Post by tigger on 09.10.11 13:04

@PeterMac wrote:IF... the curtains has 'whooshed" they would have fallen back onto the bed, and have been lying across the bedclothes.
snipped
1 Kate immediately started re-arranging the room either before or after not searching for Madeleine, but in this case did not make the bed, which was still scruffed up from the previous night, when she slept there because G had been chatting up the girl in the bar. Interesting that she had not pulled the bed straight when she made Madeleine's bed, which as we remember was neat and tidy in the photos, almost as if NO ONE had slept in it. But she tucked the curtains back down the crack between the bed and the wall, and made sure they were hanging properly.
OR
2 The curtains did not "whoosh". And if the curtains did not "Whoosh" then possibly the door did not slam.

It's a jolly good story the like the grey slab she sees Maddie lying on, rather cinematic. What films did the McCanns watch? Poltergeist?
They do seem to have a knack of accessing the publics' conditioned imagination. Pure B- movies in my opinion.

Re point 1, of course she took time to tidy up, check the cupboards and drawers for valuables, (because they were able to tell their relatives just minutes later that 'no valuables had been taken'. After all that work she had a bracing run to the Tapas from where they all 'sprinted' back.
Except nobody saw that Olympic event. Tapas 7 sort of walked back up to the flat with her and -- damn, I lost my place in the script.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.10.11 13:20

@tigger wrote:SNIP..and -- damn, I lost my place in the script.
Don't ever do that. You may end up with serious bruises on your upper arms.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by jmac on 09.10.11 22:40

PeterMac, excellent point about the curtains.

I do not see any sign of white net curtains in the photograph either.

jmac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

curtains

Post by russiandoll on 09.10.11 22:50

hope I have not muddied waters by mentioning short white sheer curtains, not sure if they were ever mentioned in official statements but I am sure I saw in a reconstruction video somewhere that when the wind gusted it was a pair of sill-length white sheers that went whoosh.
Given the length of the curtains in the photo, even if they were not trapped behind the bed, and even if they were not especially heavy they are still floor length and so have a considerable amount of material to be lifted. Also I think the bed would have had to be quite far into the room and away from the window to allow the freedom of movement in what would have to be one heck of a strong gust of wind, for the curtains to do what Kate said they did. Had the bed been anywhere close to the wall the curtains would not have moved at the bottom.
russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 09.10.11 23:08

@PeterMac wrote:
@tigger wrote:SNIP..and -- damn, I lost my place in the script.
Don't ever do that. You may end up with serious bruises on your upper arms.

I have found that interesting as it looks to me like someone (Gerry?) had gripped her arms very hard to stop her thrashing about in panic. If as she said she had bashed her arms on the balcony how come the top of her arms were also bruised?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum