The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Sky News outside courtroom Mm11

Sky News outside courtroom Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Sky News outside courtroom Mm11

Sky News outside courtroom Regist10

Sky News outside courtroom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sky News outside courtroom Empty Sky News outside courtroom

Post by ufercoffy 12.01.10 13:47

Was just watching Sky News and saw Grenville Green outside the Courtroom with a banner. Did anyone else see him?

Didn't see Deborah Butler there though. Does anyone know if she really went?
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Sky News outside courtroom Empty Re: Sky News outside courtroom

Post by Pussycat 12.01.10 14:36

Ooh er!

Did you notice what Grenvilles's baner said?

I think the McCanns are going to regret bringingthis to court, it's not got off to the best of starts has it?

Iwas interested to read on Twitter that representatives from the FSS actually went to Portugal, I'd always believed that the samples were flown back to the UK
Pussycat
Pussycat

Activity : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 12.01.10 15:26

No, I didn't catch what it said but the commentator said something about a lone supporter.

Ditto about the FSS as that's what I thought too.
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Sky News outside courtroom Empty Copy of a newsletter sent to Madeleine Foundation members tonight

Post by Tony Bennett 12.01.10 21:16

ufercoffy wrote:No, I didn't catch what it said but the commentator said something about a lone supporter. Ditto about the FSS as that's what I thought too.
Grenville can be heard being interviewed by a BBC Esat Midlands TV reporter here, about a minute or two into the tape:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/ondemand/england/realmedia/eastmidlandstoday/eastmidlandstoday?bgc=C0C0C0&nbram=1&lang=en&nbwm=1&bbram=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=true&bbcws=2&size=16x9&bbwm=1

I'm also able to copy this message sent tonight to all Madeleine Foundation members:

REPORT FROM GRENVILLE TONIGHT

For those of you who don't already know, our Chairman Grenville Green flew out to Lisbon on Monday to support Goncalo Amaral and was there today to provide a visible presence in support of Mr Amaral.

As some of you may have seen and as people have picked up on the forums, Grenville was seen by millions on SKY NEWS this morning holding up a banner in support of Mr Amaral.

Grenville has gone to Portugal with his son who as some of you know has Downs Syndrome.

He has paid for this trip himself as a personal gesture of support for Mr Amaral and because he feels this is a very important battle being fought in Lisbon this week which will have major repercussions whichever way it goes.

Grenville has tickets for the fund-raising dinner for Mr Amaral on Thursday night and will go if he can afford the travel costs to get there.

His report by e-mail tonight can be summarised briefly:

He's been introduced to Goncalo Amaral and Joana Morais, he has lots and lots to tell us about, but he'll save it all until the trial is over and he gets back to England.

And that's about it for now.

As soon as we have a full briefing from him, we'll send it round to you all.

Tony Bennett
Secretary
01279 635789

P.S. No, despite the claims, Deborah Butler did not go to Portugal after all
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath 12.01.10 22:08

I didn't know it was a fund-raising dinner. With all these witnesses he's got, surely he'll win and won't need more fund-raising?
Cath

Activity : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 12.01.10 22:17

The BBC didn't really want to report what was going inside the courtroom did they. What does "going over old ground" mean. Pathetic report and biased against Mr Amaral IMO

Well done Grenville for going over there.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold 13.01.10 12:04

Tony Bennett wrote:
ufercoffy wrote:No, I didn't catch what it said but the commentator said something about a lone supporter. Ditto about the FSS as that's what I thought too.
Grenville can be heard being interviewed by a BBC Esat Midlands TV reporter here, about a minute or two into the tape:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/ondemand/england/realmedia/eastmidlandstoday/eastmidlandstoday?bgc=C0C0C0&nbram=1&lang=en&nbwm=1&bbram=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=true&bbcws=2&size=16x9&bbwm=1

I'm also able to copy this message sent tonight to all Madeleine Foundatio nmembers:

REPORT FROM GRENVILLE TONIGHT

For those of you who don't already know, our Chairman Grenville Green flew out to Lisbon on Monday to support Goncalo Amaral and was there today to provide a visible presence in support of Mr Amaral.

As some of you may have seen and as people have picked up on the forums, Grenville was seen by millions on SKY NEWS this morning holding up a banner in support of Mr Amaral.

Grenville has gone to Portugal with his son who as some of you know has Downs Syndrome.

He has paid for this trip himself as a personal gesture of support for Mr Amaral and because he feels this is a very important battle being fought in Lisbon this week which will have major repercussions whichever way it goes.

Grenville has tickets for the fund-raising dinner for Mr Amaral on Thursday night and will go if he can afford the travel costs to get there.

His report by e-mail tonight can be summarised briefly:

He's been introduced to Goncalo Amaral and Joana Morais, he has lots and lots to tell us about, but he'll save it all until the trial is over and he gets back to England.

And that's about it for now.

As soon as we have a full briefing from him, we'll send it round to you all.

Tony Bennett
Secretary
01279 635789

P.S. No, despite the claims, Deborah Butler did not go to Portugal after all

Well done Grenville and look forward to hearing his report when he gets back.
marigold

Activity : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 13.01.10 12:13

marigold wrote:Well done Grenville and look forward to hearing his report when he gets back.
I've now seen the clip of Grenville speaking.

He was probably allowed no more than 20-25 seconds, during which he briefly articulated that this was essentially a 'freedom of speech' issue and why shouldn't the public be allowed to hear what the senior detective's opinion was so they could make up their own minds.

Even the pro-McCanns grudgingly acknowledge that he made a simple point quite well.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 14.01.10 20:35

Tony, could you just clarify if this is supporters of the McCanns that Grenville has met in Portugal?
vaguely1
vaguely1

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by marigold 14.01.10 21:02

Tony Bennett wrote:
marigold wrote:Well done Grenville and look forward to hearing his report when he gets back.
I've now seen the clip of Grenville speaking.

He was probably allowed no more than 20-25 seconds, during which he briefly articulated that this was essentially a 'freedom of speech' issue and why shouldn't the public be allowed to hear what the senior detective's opinion was so they could make up their own minds.

Even the pro-McCanns grudgingly acknowledge that he made a simple point quite well.

Shame he was only allowed a brief time ( surprise, surprise!) but at least he was there showing his support and made a very good point in the time allocated. Why shouldn't we be allowed to make up our own minds without the pathetic abduction theory stuffed down our throats.
marigold

Activity : 233

Back to top Go down

Sky News outside courtroom Empty Fund-raiser

Post by Tony Bennett 14.01.10 21:09

vaguely1 wrote:Tony, could you just clarify if this is supporters of the McCanns that Grenville has met in Portugal?
I hope to have a report from him Saturday night.

Hopefully tonight he and Stephen are at Goncalo Amaral's fund-raising dinner.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by vaguely1 15.01.10 10:58

Tony Bennett wrote:
vaguely1 wrote:Tony, could you just clarify if this is supporters of the McCanns that Grenville has met in Portugal?
I hope to have a report from him Saturday night.

Hopefully tonight he and Stephen are at Goncalo Amaral's fund-raising dinner.

I mean in relation to the comments made in support of his speech - I wasn't sure whether these were made personally to him, or if these were made online.
vaguely1
vaguely1

Activity : 2015

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top