The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries Mm11

Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries Mm11

Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries Regist10

Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries Empty Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries

Post by Tony Bennett 17.05.11 22:33

Worth watching for the very revealing body language.

Watch both sequences:

Part 1 - 18 minutes

Part 2 (the bit where Kate cries) - 6 minutes.

Unusual questions, asked with typical Irish charm.

Unusual responses from the McCanns:

http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=35780&locID=1.65.74&date=2011-05-16&date_mode&page=2&show_cal&newspanel&showspanel&web_only&full_episodes
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries Empty McCanns second Irish Interview

Post by pauline 17.05.11 23:48

I found this very annoying as yet again, the interviewer did not appear to have researched the subject, and was so supportive that you felt he was going to end by giving a personal donation to the fund. The interviewer mentioned he had a daughter the same age, but he shouldn't let that cloud his judgement. He didn't even mention the babysitting issue which the first Irish TV interview did, albeit in an inadequate way. He also described the Portuguese police's work as a 'shambles' but did not say why. this was so unprofessional. Did he even know that the 'crime scene' had been contaminated by the tapas friends or that Kate had not collaborated with the police?

I noticed that Gerry did most of the talking with Kate looking sideways a lot of the time. She did seem stressed.

But overall, anyone watching this, who had not read widely about this, would feel terribly sorry for them.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries Empty Re: Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries

Post by Ian_Johnson 17.05.11 23:59

James 'you dirty rat' Gagney? Or Mark Cagney?

Whatever, I couldn't view the vids.
Ian_Johnson
Ian_Johnson

Activity : 2

Back to top Go down

Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries Empty Re: Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries

Post by Tony Bennett 18.05.11 0:02

pauline wrote:I found this very annoying as yet again, the interviewer did not appear to have researched the subject, and was so supportive that you felt he was going to end by giving a personal donation to the fund. The interviewer mentioned he had a daughter the same age, but he shouldn't let that cloud his judgement. He didn't even mention the babysitting issue which the first Irish TV interview did, albeit in an inadequate way. He also described the Portuguese police's work as a 'shambles' but did not say why. This was so unprofessional. Did he even know that the 'crime scene' had been contaminated by the Tapas friends or that Kate had not collaborated with the police?

I noticed that Gerry did most of the talking with Kate looking sideways a lot of the time. She did seem stressed.

But overall, anyone watching this, who had not read widely about this, would feel terribly sorry for them.
There was a lot of ear- and nose-scratching by Dr G McCann. I think some of the questions got under their skin. They were most uncomfortable with the questions about the Fund, Dr G McCann nearly lost the plot with those.

There is a certain type of interviewer who lulls the interviewees into a totally false sense of security, by pretending to be on their side e.g. 'You don't have to tell me what an utter shambles that police investigation was'. Then, innocently and sweetly, he asks really difficult questions at the end.

The question about whether Madeleine, if as Dr Kate McCann once said was now perhaps being brought up by a loving family, would perhaps now want to stay with that family, showed that the interviewer had done his research, perhaps better than we think. He got hold of a strange quote from Dr Kate McCann and pusued its inevitably logical conclusion: "If she's happy with a loving family now, wouldn't she want to stay with them?".

Finally, once again we had a most unusual statuesque like pose that the couple adopted - Dr G McCann's left arm and Dr K McCann's right arm both rigidly vertical. It was reminiscent of the Oprah interview where Dr K McCann's right hand was at a 45-degree angle stretched out like a rigid cylinder attached to Dr G McCann's thigh. All very very odd.

I wondered if this was such an interview?
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin 18.05.11 0:32

'Finally, once again we had a most unusual statuesque like pose that the couple adopted - Dr G McCann's left arm and Dr K McCann's right arm both rigidly vertical. It was reminiscent of the Oprah interview where Dr K McCann's right hand was at a 45-degree angle stretched out like a rigid cylinder attached to Dr G McCann's thigh. All very very odd. '

In all their interviews they are desperately trying to supress their body language, which is why they cling on to each other for dear life. Unfortunately they can't control the eye movement and breathing and constant heavy gulping. They never show any 'open' body language. Because they can't!

Martin
Martin

Activity : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by poppydog 18.05.11 0:41

I agree Tony, the interviewer was lulling them into a false sense of security. I noticed Gerry's breathing becoming rapid and short when asked about how much they had spent. I think the McCanns sensed they were not believed totally and were in for a grilling. Wonder if thats when the tears were called for, close to the end of filming.
poppydog
poppydog

Activity : 73

Back to top Go down

Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries Empty cagney interview

Post by pauline 18.05.11 9:10

Its really interesting to see other posters reactions to this interview. When I posted last last night immediately after watching it I was annoyed at another soft interview and I felt the interviewer grovelled to the McCanns.

After a nights sleep and after reading other opinions, I do wonder if the interviewer had a plan to get their confidence and maybe get some material no-one else had. More than once he mentioned his own small daughter which wasn't necessary - but it was if he was trying to lull them into a sense of false security.

Why did Kate cry when she was having the softest interview possible - had he hit a nerve/she was starting to suspect the interviewer?

But having said that, this interviewer would not have a reputation for investigative journalism!

it was interesting Gerry saying they had looked into charity status but that (paraphrasing what he said) they were probably not eligible as it was all about madeleine. Now charity status would be very helpful to any genuine good cause organisation - so why didn't all the lawyers they retain advise them as to how to amend the company's memorandum and articles of association to comply with charity law? I have some experience in Ireland of this - you may get turned down first time but you will be told in what way your application does not comply - so you redraft the paperwork, make some compromises and you will usually get charity status. As a charity though, I presume they would be subject to more disclosure requirements and this might not suit them! I understand their company is controlled by themselves/family members and paid retainers - not a good sign when so much money has been involved - though not illegal. For the optics they should have independent people running it and publish very detailed accounts, not the bare minimum required by law.
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.05.11 9:17

Martin wrote:'Finally, once again we had a most unusual statuesque like pose that the couple adopted - Dr G McCann's left arm and Dr K McCann's right arm both rigidly vertical. It was reminiscent of the Oprah interview where Dr K McCann's right hand was at a 45-degree angle stretched out like a rigid cylinder attached to Dr G McCann's thigh. All very very odd. '

In all their interviews they are desperately trying to supress their body language, which is why they cling on to each other for dear life. Unfortunately they can't control the eye movement and breathing and constant heavy gulping. They never show any 'open' body language. Because they can't!

Good call Martin. I hope you will stick around on this forum, as I would love to hear your opinions on all of their little micro expressions. Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries 302873
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 18.05.11 9:21

I thought the interviewer was brilliant and far more intelligent than Mr and Mrs McCann. I especially liked how he referred to their "business" when talking about the fund and the lie detector bit was very interesting.
I think he ran rings around them but did it in a very subtle way.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.05.11 9:24

Yes, a good interview I thought, apart from when he called the PJ investigation shambolic. I thought the questions were good, not the same old stuff we usually hear. They didn't look at ease at all imo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries Empty Ambushed!

Post by Tony Bennett 18.05.11 11:21

littlepixie wrote:I thought the interviewer was brilliant and far more intelligent than Mr and Mrs McCann. I especially liked how he referred to their "business" when talking about the fund and the lie detector bit was very interesting.
I think he ran rings around them but did it in a very subtle way.
The Irish can be quite canny. To be honest, the interviewer 'floored' them with the questions on the lie detector, the Fund, and Madeleine being happier with another family.

It was a total ambush.

I don't think he believed for one moment all the stuff in the first part of the interview.

His three questions and follow-ups on the above topics led Kate to her handkerchief.

He knew exactly where he was going...with his researchers having equipped him with his 'lie detector' and 'being loved by a new family' quotes.

And he knew the questions about the Fund would have them tripping over themselves.

It bettered the Paxman interview with Dr G McCann's famous 15-second 'snirk'/'smarl' [combination of smirk and snarl] when cornered.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep 18.05.11 11:42

And he didn't even need to offer her a plate of onion rings to get her crying...them were real tears wail
IAmNotMerylStreep
IAmNotMerylStreep

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSA 18.05.11 11:59

Is a transcript avaliable to download ? i find Gerrys accent very hard to understand i can hear Kates voice better but not everything she says
ROSA
ROSA

Activity : 2108

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 18.05.11 12:59

Watched Part one of the interview up to 18.43mins. I find myself squirming watching these two. Gerry gets very irritated with questions talking about the anti-McCanns and all the 'sad empty people who sit online and talk about them' and that we are not privvy essentially to all the 'evidence'...sorry Ger but erm...we all have access to the facts from the Police files. How much more evidence do we need. We can work out a fair assumption amongst ourselves and basically, there is NO evidence that there was an abductor. Full Stop!
Upsy Daisy
Upsy Daisy

Activity : 469

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 18.05.11 13:04

Upsy Daisy wrote:Watched Part one of the interview up to 18.43mins. I find myself squirming watching these two. Gerry gets very irritated with questions talking about the anti-McCanns and all the 'sad empty people who sit online and talk about them' and that we are not privvy essentially to all the 'evidence'...sorry Ger but erm...we all have access to the facts from the Police files. How much more evidence do we need. We can work out a fair assumption amongst ourselves and basically, there is NO evidence that there was an abductor. Full Stop!

I would personally like to thank Mr McCann for confirming that we internet bloggers have devoted an enormous amount of time on their case by reading the police files, watching all their interviews, and scrutinising their endless lies! Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries 160807
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini Slueth 18.05.11 13:08

These two make me so cross..................

I liked the interview, in that, they didnt seem to be aware of what was gonna be asked of them. They seemed taken aback a few times.

Gerry said they have been on their own.( well, they could have asked for the case NOT to be shelved at the time) If i though that the police hadnt done a good enough job of searching for my missing daughter, i would have kicked up well before now. I wouldnt have let that drop. I would have been spending my time getting the case re opened, reviewed etc. at the time, not wait four years!!!!

When asked "How close are they to finding Madaline................OMG.......they sorta "told a wee story" about other children that had just turned up...or similar....that it can just happen without a warning.................................anyone else think this is odd? I would have just said...We are no further on.............

I am also fed up with saying about joining the pieces of the "jigsaw" together.

The smug looks on their faces when he did say the portugese did make a shambles of it............

"We'd go to any lenghts to find our daughter" said Kate..........apart from looking for her and answering the questions the police asked of them.

About the serialisation of the book....Gerry said, "its brought the public back along".................. back along what? does he mean, back on their side?

Gerry said that the fund has allowed them to employ a detective, team etc......BUT they are no closer now than back when it happened to finding Madaline.

You can nearly see by his face when he is happy with the answer he has given.........IMO, he is thinking...."well, i handled that well"...........Just MY OPINION

THE LAST BIG FINANICAL FUNDRAISER we can do.........................This is what Gerry said when asked how far will another million take them. Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries 376422

Kate said that the review will help to guide the investigation.... Is she thinking that they are gonna be able to see ALL evidence and for them to go through it?.........Is she thinking that her and Gerry are gonna be conducting this investigation with their "TEAM"?? Surely the McCanns wont be allowed to see any of this, surely the English police will leave them out of the loop as it were, and only let them know if new leads are founD, which dont involve them.

When asked whether they would now take a lie detector test, they couldnt just answer yes or no.....it had to be with other conditions attached Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries 376422

Why did she cry?? Honestly, i dont think he asked aything too bad to make her cry.

This two really annoy me. They just dont come across TO ME as honest parents. They are very shifty. I have tried hard to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they do themselves no favours.

I though the inerview was very good. Gotta go and pick my children up from school, might be on later.
Mini Slueth
Mini Slueth

Activity : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 18.05.11 13:09

indeed! We have all become our own 'super sleuths'! Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries 259100

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 18.05.11 13:15

Mini Sleuth, I totally agree with all the points you raised. Why can't they just say directly we are no further on, despite paying a few million on detectives we should have asked for a reopening years ago. Why not answer directly about the status of the search. Usual misdirection tactics employed here...yet again! I think Kate cried because she realises the walls are closing in.................. thinking about her twins and how because of their evil scheming ways, will be separated from her for a very long time! I guess they will want to hurriedly make more money before the BIG BOYS come in and shut them down and start investigating (well, at least in my fantasy world, where the goodies come in and arrest the baddies anyway..) Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries 847771
Upsy Daisy
Upsy Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 18.05.11 13:33

Upsy Daisy wrote:Watched Part one of the interview up to 18.43mins. I find myself squirming watching these two. Gerry gets very irritated with questions talking about the anti-McCanns and all the 'sad empty people who sit online and talk about them' and that we are not privvy essentially to all the 'evidence'...sorry Ger but erm...we all have access to the facts from the Police files. How much more evidence do we need. We can work out a fair assumption amongst ourselves and basically, there is NO evidence that there was an abductor. Full Stop!

Hi upsy.

What I find the hardest to watch is that arrogant laugh of him. The word smug has been used to sneer posters, wll if you wanna see smug, watch Gerry. Such an insult for any interviewer, but then they like to be talked down to, deceived and smugged (is that a word?) by this conning couple.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 18.05.11 13:42

What I find the hardest to watch is that arrogant laugh of him. The word
smug has been used to sneer posters, wll if you wanna see smug, watch
Gerry. Such an insult for any interviewer, but then they like to be
talked down to, deceived and smugged (is that a word?) by this conning
couple.

YEP! He is Sooooo smug and smirky and I would love something ooh just SOMETHING big to happen to wipe that smugness right off his smuggy wuggy face once and for all. You can only fool some of the people some of the time Gerrrrrrr.......... your number's up soon pal!
Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries 259100
Upsy Daisy
Upsy Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 18.05.11 13:46

The funny part is, while Gerry is so smug, he is the easiest to read as far as body language goes. The smugness, the scratching, the earpulling, he can't control it. Kate is a better liar. But then Kate is the real warped one of the 2.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 18.05.11 14:04

absolutely, he is a psychologist's dream............... all very revealing..... so, in the words of the very lovely Davina McCall......'Gerry and Kate....I'm coming to get yooooooo'!!!! Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries 609562
Upsy Daisy
Upsy Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDresden 18.05.11 14:07

Upsy Daisy wrote:so, in the words of the very lovely Davina McCall......'Gerry and Kate....I'm coming to get yooooooo'!!!! Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries 609562

'Gerry and Kate....I'm coming to get yooooooo'!!!! please do not swear! laughat
DrDresden
DrDresden

Activity : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy 18.05.11 14:17

hahaaa....Scotland Yard official (imagine loud Wizard of Oz type thundery voice)....'Kate and Gerry, I'm coming to get yooooooooo, please do not swear, you're live on Every TV News Channel on Earth! Irish TV 16.5.11 Mark Cagney asks tough questions. Kate cries 181154 (or in Bo Selecta lingo 'Don't say F**k or B***er')
Upsy Daisy
Upsy Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kololi 18.05.11 18:28

I only got a black screen when I tried the video link - any ideas what am I doing wrong please?
Kololi
Kololi

Activity : 687

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top